Mid-Atlantic Delaware, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Washington DC & West Virginia

Hampton Roads, VA (Register Here)

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2008 | 08:41 AM
Green Machine

Originally Posted by \\.t0tAlACURAtL'z S0n!!//
It will fit from the 3rd cat to the y-pipe. After that you will need custom fit to the mufflers and the exhaust tip opening. You might have to trim the rear bumper for the tips. You will probably be the first to rock Type-S exhaust on an Accord.

Fyi im Adrians son
Yeah, what he said!
Old 10-09-2008 | 10:08 AM
Advanced

Thank you fellas. I already cut my rear bumper to fit bigger muffler tips. I can always cut the bumpers more to fit the type s mufflers. I would be the first to have these mufflers on an accord. You guys got me thinking about this now.
Old 10-09-2008 | 08:44 PM
FEEL MY FLOW

I was at Hall today and saw the new TL up close.
My first impression... :thumbsdow:
I saw both the 280hp base model and base model with tech package, since they won't have the SH-AWD (the next version of the typeS with 305hp) until November. According to the salesman all models will have the same 18 inch wheels..
The body style of the base model with tech package includes a small spoiler which helped a little with the odd shaped rear but I still found it hard to swallow. The front "signature" grill is pretty much what I expected leaving the overall styling pretty bland. Who knows.. maybe it will grow on me. The SH-AWD will probably look a bit sexier too.
The tech package itself was pretty cool. A lot of the same bells and whistles from the 08 RLs plus 12 gig hard drive but only one disk (no changer because of the hard drive).
One thing I must say.. the real thing didn't quite live up to the pictures I have seen.
When the SH-AWD arrives they are supposed to give me a call. I will give you all an update and snap some pics while I am there.
Old 10-09-2008 | 09:52 PM
BLUE SMOKE

Originally Posted by diamondblues
I was at Hall today and saw the new TL up close.
My first impression... :thumbsdow:
I saw both the 280hp base model and base model with tech package, since they won't have the SH-AWD (the next version of the typeS with 305hp) until November. According to the salesman all models will have the same 18 inch wheels..
The body style of the base model with tech package includes a small spoiler which helped a little with the odd shaped rear but I still found it hard to swallow. The front "signature" grill is pretty much what I expected leaving the overall styling pretty bland. Who knows.. maybe it will grow on me. The SH-AWD will probably look a bit sexier too.
The tech package itself was pretty cool. A lot of the same bells and whistles from the 08 RLs plus 12 gig hard drive but only one disk (no changer because of the hard drive).
One thing I must say.. the real thing didn't quite live up to the pictures I have seen.
When the SH-AWD arrives they are supposed to give me a call. I will give you all an update and snap some pics while I am there.
Cool, thanks for the update. I am in total agreeance with you about the styling. I hate it. If you look close to the front, it does not actually have a bumper that looks like a bumper. It seems flush with the rest of the front end which to me looks horrible, let alone that ugly signature grill. I don't even care for the back end too much.

On to other stuff, any word on a local meet? I am really looking forward to meeting up again, even for a mod meet, BBQ (TL badboy)?
Old 10-09-2008 | 10:40 PM
Jokerman

Well i just picked up my two new JL amps today, i really hate getting new amps only due to the fact that they have to be tuned when you put them in. These are the last parts that i needed to get for the stereo. Next will be the fiberglass enclosures and amp racks. I have already gotten two new 10W3's and a pair of components and coaxials for the internals. I am hoping to have everything wired up and finished by the end of tommorrow.

That is a good question Doc, i was wondering the same thing. I anyone decideing what to do about the next meet.
Old 10-09-2008 | 10:48 PM
Green Tea

Lets do something!!! Photoshoot?? Jillian's on a Saturday night?? Hell we can do both!! Lets make it happen!!
Old 10-10-2008 | 09:23 AM
Advanced

Im down. dont matter to me
Old 10-10-2008 | 04:10 PM
Jokerman

too bad i am up here in manassas or i would go to the shoot.
Old 10-10-2008 | 04:28 PM
Green Machine

It's suppose to be a car show tomorrow at NAS Oceana Main Gate Park. I was planning on going there, but I'm down for a photo shot!
Old 10-10-2008 | 08:08 PM
tl_badboy96

i will come out and see whats going on for tommorrow. i will clean up the whip and stuff. what time is the car meet
Old 10-11-2008 | 12:20 AM
Jokerman

i wish my car was ready for that show, i would have entered just for the hell of it. right now she is torn apart trying to get teh stereo installed and as of right now, it is loud. I only have to get the door speakers hooked up to the amp and tehn put all of the panels and back seat back on and i will be good to go.
Old 10-11-2008 | 08:14 AM
FEEL MY FLOW

Originally Posted by t0talacuratl
It's suppose to be a car show tomorrow at NAS Oceana Main Gate Park. I was planning on going there, but I'm down for a photo shot!
Damn.. I will be at my wife's school reunion/picnic.
I still want to do an AcurazineVA cookout/BBQ thing sometime if we get a chance.

Hey Joker.. what JL amps are you using to push your subs? mids/highs?
Old 10-11-2008 | 08:49 AM
Jokerman

I am running a 500/1 for the two 10W3's and a 300/4 for the VR650-CSi components in the front and VR650-CXi coaxials in the rear. I also picked up this nice cable which had 9 differant conductors in it, so i ran that from the stock amp to the trunk. This ca is crazy loud now. I cant even turn the volume past 25 with out my ears hurting (exageration).
Old 10-11-2008 | 09:36 AM
Green Machine

Originally Posted by tl_badboy96
i will come out and see whats going on for tommorrow. i will clean up the whip and stuff. what time is the car meet
It starts at 11 am. I will be heading out there around noon. If you come out, call me (705-5968).

Damn.. I will be at my wife's school reunion/picnic. ............
Yeah too bad. I wanted you to see my new exhaust. The more I drive it, the better it sounds!
Old 10-11-2008 | 06:22 PM
FEEL MY FLOW

Originally Posted by jokerman826
I am running a 500/1 for the two 10W3's and a 300/4 for the VR650-CSi components in the front and VR650-CXi coaxials in the rear. I also picked up this nice cable which had 9 differant conductors in it, so i ran that from the stock amp to the trunk. This ca is crazy loud now. I cant even turn the volume past 25 with out my ears hurting (exageration).
Similar setup as mine.. but I went with the ZR components up front after blowing my first set of VR's.
You mentioned a different cable.. What are you doing to clean/convert signal? I'm using a Rockford 360.1.
I also wanted to ask if you are you doing your own fiberglass work..
Can't wait to hear your system the next time you are in town.
Old 10-11-2008 | 07:40 PM
Jokerman

i am running the 9 wire cable from the stock amp output to the 300/4 amp. The JL 300/4 uses a line level input via RCA connectors, so there is no need to use a convertor. I have an extrThe 500/1 is the same way, i will be removing my LOC (since it is messed up anyways) and going to go straight into the RCA's from the stock sub wires. I am working on tweeking it just right, i have the bass and trebble all the way down and the input sensitivity on the 300/4 all the way down and it is crazy loud. I wish i was doing my own fiberglass work, i am afraid that i am still not able to do that, just because i have not yet learned and i do not really have the time or place. I dont know if i got too off topic there.

Last edited by jokerman826; 10-11-2008 at 07:45 PM.
Old 10-12-2008 | 11:27 AM
FEEL MY FLOW

i am running the 9 wire cable from the stock amp output to the 300/4 amp. The JL 300/4 uses a line level input via RCA connectors, so there is no need to use a convertor. I have an extrThe 500/1 is the same way, i will be removing my LOC (since it is messed up anyways) and going to go straight into the RCA's from the stock sub wires. I am working on tweeking it just right, i have the bass and trebble all the way down and the input sensitivity on the 300/4 all the way down and it is crazy loud. I wish i was doing my own fiberglass work, i am afraid that i am still not able to do that, just because i have not yet learned and i do not really have the time or place. I dont know if i got too off topic there.
That expains the "crazy loud".. The line level inputs on the JL amps really aren't designed for high powered amplified factory systems like ours (assuming that you are working with the same factory system that I have). It will work, but the levels will most likely peak out too soon and put limitations on your system. You may want to look into a product such as the Rockford 360.1 or a JL Clean sweep. The sound will be much cleaner and easier to control. (You can do some research on your own or feel free to call me anytime on my cell 757-636-1987)
BTW.. Don't feel bad.. Fiberglass is not easy.. thats why I was asking. (we talk about everything in this thread.. I really don't think we are ever off topic.. lol)
Old 10-12-2008 | 11:43 AM
Jokerman

That expains the "crazy loud".. The line level inputs on the JL amps really aren't designed for high powered amplified factory systems like ours (assuming that you are working with the same factory system that I have). It will work, but the levels will most likely peak out too soon and put limitations on your system. You may want to look into a product such as the Rockford 360.1 or a JL Clean sweep. The sound will be much cleaner and easier to control. (You can do some research on your own or feel free to call me anytime on my cell 757-636-1987)
BTW.. Don't feel bad.. Fiberglass is not easy.. thats why I was asking. (we talk about everything in this thread.. I really don't think we are ever off topic.. lol)
With the JL you are able to switch from a low voltage input to a high voltage, i am still trying to tweek them correctly before i go to get it glassed. I still have about 3 weeks before i glass it.
Old 10-12-2008 | 11:48 AM
Green Machine

What's up Mike! What are you doing today? Want to meet up and compare exhaust notes? LOL!
Old 10-12-2008 | 01:20 PM
FEEL MY FLOW

With the JL you are able to switch from a low voltage input to a high voltage, i am still trying to tweek them correctly before i go to get it glassed. I still have about 3 weeks before i glass it.
I assumed you already had it switched to high voltage. If you haven't done so already, switching to high voltage will definitely help. If I can help at all just let me know.

Originally Posted by t0talacuratl
What's up Mike! What are you doing today? Want to meet up and compare exhaust notes? LOL!
Sure man.. I'm not sure what the wife has planned for us, but just give me a call on my cell. I'm sure I can break away for a little while.

Last edited by diamondblues; 10-12-2008 at 01:24 PM.
Old 10-12-2008 | 08:03 PM
Jokerman

i switched it over to high voltage today and it dropped tha volume down a lot, so i had to re-tweek the amp to raise the volume back up a little and the other amp to bring the bass down.
Old 10-13-2008 | 03:36 PM
Instructor

So are we gonna have meet on saturday @ jillians? Photo shoot sounded like a good ideal but not to many committed. I'm all in
Old 10-13-2008 | 05:54 PM
BLUE SMOKE

Originally Posted by tl_badboy96
Got the car back from the shop, huh? Looks good.
Old 10-13-2008 | 05:54 PM
BLUE SMOKE

I am up for Jillian's this weekend. Just keep me informed.
Old 10-13-2008 | 08:15 PM
FEEL MY FLOW

i switched it over to high voltage today and it dropped tha volume down a lot, so i had to re-tweek the amp to raise the volume back up a little and the other amp to bring the bass down.
Looking forward to hearing it!

Originally Posted by Doc's TL-S
I am up for Jillian's this weekend. Just keep me informed.
Where's Jillian's? I need to be at my mother in law's birthday party but I don't know when it ends.

Last edited by diamondblues; 10-13-2008 at 08:18 PM.
Old 10-13-2008 | 09:14 PM
FizzyStatus!

Let me know if you guys are still up for the Richmond meet and let me know what you guys want to do. I'll try to plan it with Steve.
Old 10-14-2008 | 05:26 AM
BLUE SMOKE

I am up for whatever!
Old 10-14-2008 | 07:27 AM
Green Tea

Alright so I am thinking Jillian's/Photoshoot on Saturday Oct 24??..or is that to late, but if you guys want to do it on the 18th, this weekend, I wont be able to make which is cool also.

yo Faiz, when is this Richmond meet???
Old 10-14-2008 | 06:27 PM
Green Machine

Originally Posted by ballinfizzle89
Let me know if you guys are still up for the Richmond meet and let me know what you guys want to do. I'll try to plan it with Steve.
Definitely wouldn't mind a meet up there. It will be a change of pace.
Old 10-14-2008 | 06:28 PM
Green Machine

Originally Posted by badazzTL-S
Alright so I am thinking Jillian's/Photoshoot on Saturday Oct 24??..or is that to late, but if you guys want to do it on the 18th, this weekend, I wont be able to make which is cool also.

yo Faiz, when is this Richmond meet???
Start a thread, take a poll, see who bits. No time like the present.
Old 10-14-2008 | 07:39 PM
BLUE SMOKE

I can do something this Saturday only. I have work on the 24th and plans on this Sunday, but don't plan around me.
Old 10-17-2008 | 06:06 PM
Instructor

Well today i went to Priority Acura to get my A1 service and the recall for the power steering done. To my surprise they gave me an 09 Acura TL as a loaner.
They said it is the first 09 that they had as a loaner, so easy to say i was willing to take it LOL.
I must say it did seem to have a lot more power than my 06 did. I looked down at the speedometer a few times and was doing 80. And that was just on Virginia Beach Blvd, HAHAHA.
I will say i am still not impressed with the exterior of the car. No matter how many times i got out to look at it, i just had a hard time trying to convince myself to like it.
The interior doesn't get that high of a mark from me either. The steering wheel seemed so small and there are just wayyyy too many buttons and switches on that wheel.
I am not in the market for a new car cause i still love mines, but if i was i am pretty sure it wouldn't be the new TL. Here is hoping that the new TL-S will make me change my mind.
Old 10-17-2008 | 08:14 PM
Green Machine

Originally Posted by Navy TL
Well today i went to Priority Acura to get my A1 service and the recall for the power steering done. To my surprise they gave me an 09 Acura TL as a loaner.
They said it is the first 09 that they had as a loaner, so easy to say i was willing to take it LOL.
I must say it did seem to have a lot more power than my 06 did. I looked down at the speedometer a few times and was doing 80. And that was just on Virginia Beach Blvd, HAHAHA.
I will say i am still not impressed with the exterior of the car. No matter how many times i got out to look at it, i just had a hard time trying to convince myself to like it.
The interior doesn't get that high of a mark from me either. The steering wheel seemed so small and there are just wayyyy too many buttons and switches on that wheel.
I am not in the market for a new car cause i still love mines, but if i was i am pretty sure it wouldn't be the new TL. Here is hoping that the new TL-S will make me change my mind.
I thought I saw your car there! I was there earlier picking up a part. So you don't care for the new tl's either. I took a closer look at the ones in the show room. I just can't swallow them.
Old 10-19-2008 | 06:48 PM
Jokerman

I don't think very many 3G owners like the 4G TL.
Old 10-19-2008 | 08:15 PM
BLUE SMOKE

I don't think very many 3G owners like the 4G TL.
I don't think ANY previous TL owners here on AZ care for it. I know I dont.
Old 10-19-2008 | 08:38 PM
Jokerman

I have a question for everyone who has had their fenders rolled when they dropped their car. Where did you get it done and how much did it cost. I would like to know, because i am going to be installing the Tein SS with EDFC next weekend an i honestly believe i will need it done considering how much my rims line up with the fenders. thanks
Old 10-19-2008 | 08:52 PM
Green Machine

I have a question for everyone who has had their fenders rolled when they dropped their car. Where did you get it done and how much did it cost. I would like to know, because i am going to be installing the Tein SS with EDFC next weekend an i honestly believe i will need it done considering how much my rims line up with the fenders. thanks
I got mine done at a local shop in Chesapeake for free. The owner just took a 2x4 piece of wood and stuck it in the rear fender. He had me roll back and forth.
Old 10-19-2008 | 09:28 PM
Jokerman

When you had that done, did you already have the drop done or was it done before the drop. It sounds like you can use a nice sized pole to do it also. If it is easy enough i might just grab a friend and do it myself.
Old 10-20-2008 | 12:50 PM
Green Machine

When you had that done, did you already have the drop done or was it done before the drop. It sounds like you can use a nice sized pole to do it also. If it is easy enough i might just grab a friend and do it myself.
I had it done, because my new wheels were rubbing the fenders while hitting a bump. I had my drop long before then with the stock wheels and didn't have a problem then. Just be careful not to dent the fender when you do it. The guy who did mine said that I only had a little lip in the inside of my fender that was rubbing. Wasn't bad enough to use his rolling machine.
Old 10-20-2008 | 01:15 PM
Jokerman

Can you give me some contact info. either pm me or post it up here. I want to call around and see who can do it, i might drop by this place before I go pick up my parts if i can get it done.

Quick Reply: Hampton Roads, VA (Register Here)