Mid-Atlantic Delaware, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Washington DC & West Virginia

Hampton Roads, VA (Register Here)

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2008, 10:55 AM
Autobots Roll Out!!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
https://acurazine.com/forums/show...287#post2126287

updated with a close up of the grill lol and various others
Old 08-02-2008, 03:52 PM
FEEL MY FLOW

Originally Posted by AcuraJ32A
https://acurazine.com/forums/show...287#post2126287

updated with a close up of the grill lol and various others
Dude.. linky no worky
Old 08-02-2008, 06:04 PM
FEEL MY FLOW

Had to go to Dynamic today.. My ride woudnt pass inspection with the tint on my windshield so I needed to have them peel it.
On a positive note I met a nice guy (steve) with a KBP TL-S on my way out. He noticed my AcurazineVA shirt and we were chatting about the forums. I also told him about the meet.. He seemed pretty interested.
Old 08-02-2008, 08:28 PM
Jokerman

Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts
Update: My CAI is in with the IAT movedfrom the IM to the CAI body. I have cleared out the headlights and my shift boot arrived as i was working on the TL so i put that. The boot took a bit of thinking since it cannot be put in directly. So i stapled it to the wood grain plate, worked out good. I also painted my front calipers, i will be doing the rears tomorrow while i am waiting on the wheels, which are supposed to arrive monday.
Old 08-03-2008, 06:46 PM
BLUE SMOKE

Originally Posted by diamondblues
Had to go to Dynamic today.. My ride woudnt pass inspection with the tint on my windshield so I needed to have them peel it.
On a positive note I met a nice guy (steve) with a KBP TL-S on my way out. He noticed my AcurazineVA shirt and we were chatting about the forums. I also told him about the meet.. He seemed pretty interested.
Is that a second "Steve" with a "KBP TL-S"? I am guessing it was not the "OneWickedTypeS" Steve from the Richmond area.
Old 08-03-2008, 07:17 PM
Jokerman

the more the merrier.
Old 08-03-2008, 08:15 PM
FEEL MY FLOW

Originally Posted by Doc's TL-S
Is that a second "Steve" with a "KBP TL-S"? I am guessing it was not the "OneWickedTypeS" Steve from the Richmond area.
yeah.. I guess we may have twins..
I highly doubt that it was "our" Steve.. but If it was.. I am gonna feel real stupid.. lol
Old 08-04-2008, 12:07 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by t0talacuratl
LOL! I don't know about the one at the Hampton-Roads Bridge tunnel, but that was me at the beach. I didn't recognize you. I met you at the car show in Va Beach last month. Also I thought I was the only green TL with rims in this area. I'm curious about the other one you saw.
haha thas funny, i knew it was a 3rd gen by the headlights but i wasn't expecting the driver to stop and give me time to make a left turn with all that freakin traffic! then i saw rims and was like hmmm, acura love i guess! i was down the whole week with my fam and saw a few 3rd gens with rims but next time im down i'll let you know
Old 08-04-2008, 09:55 AM
Green Machine

Received 42 Likes on 41 Posts
Originally Posted by bigeshorte45
haha thas funny, i knew it was a 3rd gen by the headlights but i wasn't expecting the driver to stop and give me time to make a left turn with all that freakin traffic! then i saw rims and was like hmmm, acura love i guess! i was down the whole week with my fam and saw a few 3rd gens with rims but next time im down i'll let you know
That's right man! Nothing but Acura TL love! Yeah it was alot of traffic that night. Are you coming to the meet on 23rd? I guess I will see you then.
Old 08-04-2008, 12:40 PM
Jokerman

Well new wheels are on. Will post pics later, my camera broke, need to get mom's. The front wheels hae less than 1mm clearance on the brakes. If i had Brembos, i know i would need to get spacer. But on 19"x9" with 245/35ZR19 tires i have no rubbing and they look s nice. I jut have to paint the balnce weights so they are not as noticeble.
Old 08-04-2008, 06:13 PM
BLUE SMOKE

Originally Posted by jokerman826
Well new wheels are on. Will post pics later, my camera broke, need to get mom's. The front wheels hae less than 1mm clearance on the brakes. If i had Brembos, i know i would need to get spacer. But on 19"x9" with 245/35ZR19 tires i have no rubbing and they look s nice. I jut have to paint the balnce weights so they are not as noticeble.
Can't wait to see it. The way you talk about it, it gonna look real nice.
Old 08-04-2008, 06:35 PM
Jokerman

Hey guys and gals this is the link to the page i really like these new wheels and i think the car handles better with the new tires than the old ones.

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=185360
Old 08-04-2008, 08:25 PM
FEEL MY FLOW

The pics look great joker.. Love the car.. it's lookin real tight. If you think it handles better with the wheels.. just wait until you get those Teins on there. You are going to LOVE IT!!!!
Old 08-05-2008, 05:50 AM
08 MDX and 2010 BMW 750Li

Race

I kinda raced a Volk GTI turbo yesterday....he was in front of me at the light turning right and he saw me coming up on him...he left me for a second then when i got about to 50-57 i was on his bumper pulling up next to him, when I noticed that we were about to do 70 in a 35.....so he pulled back and i pulled back...talked at the light and i told him that I can't touch him on take off, thats when he said that it was a turbo....but at the top end he was about to get it....haha
Old 08-05-2008, 07:40 AM
Green Machine

Originally Posted by MaliciousRC
I kinda raced a Volk GTI turbo yesterday....he was in front of me at the light turning right and he saw me coming up on him...he left me for a second then when i got about to 50-57 i was on his bumper pulling up next to him, when I noticed that we were about to do 70 in a 35.....so he pulled back and i pulled back...talked at the light and i told him that I can't touch him on take off, thats when he said that it was a turbo....but at the top end he was about to get it....haha
You better cut that out! LOL! That car is too pretty to race! Anyway I think if you both were side by side, you would have taken him. GTI turbo are quick, but not as quick as the TL's.
Old 08-05-2008, 12:14 PM
Former Whyner

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Adrian, was that your car I saw on Little Creek base a couple of weeks ago parked across from Rockwell GYM?? It was green and looked real good!!!

Originally Posted by t0talacuratl
LOL! I don't know about the one at the Hampton-Roads Bridge tunnel, but that was me at the beach. I didn't recognize you. I met you at the car show in Va Beach last month. Also I thought I was the only green TL with rims in this area. I'm curious about the other one you saw.
Old 08-05-2008, 01:10 PM
Green Machine

Originally Posted by RonJonTL757
Adrian, was that your car I saw on Little Creek base a couple of weeks ago parked across from Rockwell GYM?? It was green and looked real good!!!
I guess that was me. lol! I go there sometimes on the weekends to workout. Which car is yours? Are you station on Little Creek?
Old 08-05-2008, 01:14 PM
Sippy Cup (x2)

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
Hey guys, just to let you know I am still moving this Saturday. If anyone is available to help, that would be awesome. We really don't have a ton of stuff but if a few people don't have anything going on, I'm not gonna say no. It's not a huge deal and even if no one is able to make it, that's cool. I have some friends from work coming by and my girls family is in the area. Give me a call if you can make it. 757-839-1469, if I don't answer just leave a message, I'm still doing some work in the house to get it ready for move in.
Old 08-05-2008, 08:50 PM
BLUE SMOKE

What time can I call you Saturday? I am working Friday night but depending what time you start, I still want to come out to help.
Old 08-06-2008, 03:42 AM
BLUE SMOKE

The August 23rd meet thread has now been stickied to make it easier to find.
Old 08-06-2008, 08:49 AM
Jokerman

Its about time, now i don't have to look for it. snowman, i wish i could help but i will be in Jax for the weekend.
Old 08-06-2008, 11:40 AM
Former Whyner

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
I was there for a couple of weeks doing my AT (annual training) for the reserves i was at EWTGLANT. Im stationed at NOB but im only there every month.

Originally Posted by RonJonTL757
Old 08-06-2008, 01:01 PM
Sippy Cup (x2)

Hey Dave, I wouldn't stress it man. Go home and get some sleep. Honestly, I hope to done with the moving by about 12 or 1. Jokerman, have a good time in Jax, and like I said, no worries. Thanks.
Old 08-06-2008, 01:11 PM
Let's Go Pens

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I think I'm going to have to make it down to virginia soon to "Unviel" the new wdp Does anyone have a contact at a body shop? I've yet to decide on what I want to do but I'd like to talk to someone and get some ideas. Obviously I had my front grille painted on the NBP but I just don't see that working on the WDP. The biggest thing I was worried about was the paintmatch issue and sure at times it pisses me off but I'm starting to not notice it as much. I have not driven her too much since I've only been down once since picking her up.

I have the tints done (5% fronts/rears and 50% windshield) Tein ss installed (why the hell I didn't install this on the nbp I dunno... then again jersey roads would have had it's way with her) Rear lip. I did the mid-muffler delete w/ dynomax resonator but after reviews I'm seriously thinking it's time to order the ATLP exhaust and probably the J-pipe from him too

Anyone want to be my liason and drive her to the shop in a couple weeks.. Haha.. I might have to rethink that question

I can't really think of what wheels I want on her. I'm probably going to pick up two sets (1 set of RJ's and I'm not sure of the other... since i'm not driving her a lot I've considered going for the staggered look) I really like the Zenetti Five's but I can't seem to find much feedback. I wanted Sevas back when I had the nbp but I passed on several occasions because of their durability issues.

Decisions Decisions... and to think I picked her up without. I really don't know where to go from here... I'm already have more fun with her than I would have with the S6... and for a hell of a lot less $
Old 08-07-2008, 01:00 AM
Jokerman

i wish i could help you out evader, but it takes me a while to make decisions for my own car.

Well today i removed my rear deck to clean it and remove the stock sub. While i had everything removed, i installed a fan in the area so it could cool off the amp. it turns on when the amp is on and pulls air from the void where the stock sub was. It was a 12V computer fan i had laying around and finally decided t use it for something.

Miraculously i have no rattles in the rear deck area.
Old 08-07-2008, 03:11 AM
FizzyStatus!

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by Evader
I think I'm going to have to make it down to virginia soon to "Unviel" the new wdp Does anyone have a contact at a body shop? I've yet to decide on what I want to do but I'd like to talk to someone and get some ideas. Obviously I had my front grille painted on the NBP but I just don't see that working on the WDP. The biggest thing I was worried about was the paintmatch issue and sure at times it pisses me off but I'm starting to not notice it as much. I have not driven her too much since I've only been down once since picking her up.

I have the tints done (5% fronts/rears and 50% windshield) Tein ss installed (why the hell I didn't install this on the nbp I dunno... then again jersey roads would have had it's way with her) Rear lip. I did the mid-muffler delete w/ dynomax resonator but after reviews I'm seriously thinking it's time to order the ATLP exhaust and probably the J-pipe from him too

Anyone want to be my liason and drive her to the shop in a couple weeks.. Haha.. I might have to rethink that question

I can't really think of what wheels I want on her. I'm probably going to pick up two sets (1 set of RJ's and I'm not sure of the other... since i'm not driving her a lot I've considered going for the staggered look) I really like the Zenetti Five's but I can't seem to find much feedback. I wanted Sevas back when I had the nbp but I passed on several occasions because of their durability issues.

Decisions Decisions... and to think I picked her up without. I really don't know where to go from here... I'm already have more fun with her than I would have with the S6... and for a hell of a lot less $

Damn you got it already? Congrats!!

Ok...so...my plans..for you..you ready?

Voltex widebody kit for Evo IX
19x9.5" Advan RS in gold
ATLP exhaust/JPipe
Custom ARC Airbox
Black roof vinyl
Slammed ride height
Blacked headlights with Angel Eyes

You would be my idol, not that you aren't already
Old 08-07-2008, 06:36 AM
BLUE SMOKE

Originally Posted by Evader

You talk about making it down here soon to unveil your car. Is August 23rd too soon? Here is a link if you did not see it.

https://acurazine.com/forums/acurazine-clubs-meets-15/757-hampton-roads-mini-meet-august-23rd-395813/
Old 08-09-2008, 05:24 AM
BLUE SMOKE

bump
Old 08-10-2008, 04:44 PM
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts
Hey guys, just wondering what kind of tires your are running on? My rims should be in sometime this week but i am finding picking out the right tire is just as hard as picking out wheels lol. If i can get some answers on what you all are driving that would hlpe a lot haha.
Old 08-10-2008, 10:08 PM
BLUE SMOKE

Originally Posted by Navy TL
Hey guys, just wondering what kind of tires your are running on? My rims should be in sometime this week but i am finding picking out the right tire is just as hard as picking out wheels lol. If i can get some answers on what you all are driving that would hlpe a lot haha.
The Falken ZE 512's (235/40/18) is what I have. I do not like them too much though as they produce a lot of road noise. I never had to do an avoidance maneuver with them or drove them to the limit around a curve so I could not tell you how the grip is. On my stock rims I have Hankook Ventus's (V4's I think). I have not noticed any road noise with these at all.
Old 08-11-2008, 07:50 AM
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I had Kumho's on my 17's (215/45/17) which suck, I got those bubbles on the sidewall so got ride of those and I had Hankook on my 20's (225/30/20) and they started to split along the sidewall. Dont know how that happened so now I had Yokahama's (225/35/20) and love them. Had them almost a year and they ride good and have a good treadwear number. My girl use to have Falken's (225/35/19) on her 19's and they were pretty loud. Now she has General's (225/35/19) and they ride alot better. Pretty much stay away from korean made tires.

Last edited by goldenchild626; 08-11-2008 at 07:52 AM.
Old 08-11-2008, 08:34 AM
Sippy Cup (x2)

I've had Yokohama AVS ES1000 (i think that's what they were called) and Yokohama YK420 and loved them both. I ran through those tires fairly fast because the were high performance summer tires. More grip = less tread life. Right now I have Nitto Neo Gen (my first set of all seasons for this car) and I have to say I pretty damn impressed so far. They've been on about 7 or 8 months and tire wear and road noise seem to be fine. Handling is pretty damn good too. I decided to not get directional tires anymore so you can rotate them from one corner to the opposite corner. With directionals, you have to keep them on that side of the car. The Neo Gen so have an outside and inside, so you have to make sure the person mounting them is aware of that.

On a side note, the move is done. It went fairly well, but took a lot longer than I hoped. We are still not done unpacking with irritates (sp?) the crap out of me because everything needs to be organized and in its place (I'm a bit OCD).
Old 08-11-2008, 11:33 AM
Let's Go Pens

I have the stock 17's right now.. (I have to say I'm impressed at how well the drop looks with these) Once I get the legends i'm going to have them mounted on Michelin PS 2's... For my "2nd set" I'm also going to go with the PS 2's or might go for the Goodyear Eagle F1's (I think... same tire Darksom1 has) I've never driven on HP eagles so i'm anxious to see how they compare to the ps2's
Old 08-11-2008, 02:34 PM
Green Machine

Hey D! I got the all season Pirelli PZero Nero M&S's. They have been pretty good to me. I also had them on my stock 17's. They are lighter than most tires out there. The noise is pretty quiet. Grip isn't bad; could be better. What do you expect from all-season though. But they last for a long time! You know I do alot of spirited driving, and they still got plenty of meat on them.
Old 08-11-2008, 02:39 PM
Let's Go Pens

^^ Pirelli all-seasons are amazing! The PS2's and Eagle's are HP summer tires and are mind blowing on dry and wet pavement. I'd have to agree with t0talacuratl that the perelii's are pretty good. Obviously you won't get the best grip from an all-season tire but with the Nero's you'll get damn close! Whatever you do stay away from Falken unless you don't mind road noise.. I've been a big fan Falken for their performance and tire wear but the noise can be unbearable at times
Old 08-12-2008, 05:56 AM
MY KBP IS BTR THN URS...

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
GOODYEARS EAGLE F1's ON MINE, NO COMPLAINTS...

PIRELLI'S ON THE TRUCK THEY HAVE BEEN GOOD FOR ME TO...
Old 08-13-2008, 05:17 PM
Intermediate

I still have some AcurazineVA shirts that I can bring to the Aug 23 meet. If you are interested, just send me your tshirt size so I can make sure that I have it. Shirts are $10 (my cost). If you haven't seen them, here is a pic (front and back view):
I'll take an XXL. I'll also meet you guys up at Indian River to drive up to the meet Aug 23rd.
Old 08-13-2008, 08:33 PM
Jokerman

I am running NEXEN N3000 245/35ZR19 on my rims. They aren't really what i wanted, but for what they are they are pretty decent. I can take 50mph curves at 80mph with no wheel sliding. i could have probably gone faster but i was right next to a bunch of big rigs.
Old 08-13-2008, 10:52 PM
FEEL MY FLOW

For all of you who posted about wanting shirts, it would be a huge help if you could PM your requests to me as soon as possible so I don't have to dig through all of the posts to get a tally. This will make it much easier for me to get an accurate count for the sizes I need to bring and match it to what I have on hand and then print the rest of what we need. Please PM me ASAP.
Thanks! Mike
Old 08-14-2008, 07:41 AM
08 MDX and 2010 BMW 750Li

XL shirt...where is the meet and time, are we gonna do a ride!

For all of you who posted about wanting shirts, it would be a huge help if you could PM your requests to me as soon as possible so I don't have to dig through all of the posts to get a tally. This will make it much easier for me to get an accurate count for the sizes I need to bring and match it to what I have on hand and then print the rest of what we need. Please PM me ASAP.
Thanks! Mike

Quick Reply: Hampton Roads, VA (Register Here)