Mid-Atlantic Delaware, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Washington DC & West Virginia

Hampton Roads, VA (Register Here)

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2008, 10:09 PM
MY KBP IS BTR THN URS...

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
SPEAKING OF TINT, I GOTTA GET MY CAR RE TINTED, ALL DOOR WINDOWS SCRATCHED TO HELL...
Old 06-06-2008, 10:18 PM
FEEL MY FLOW

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by diamondblues
I still have my 3g type S wheels.. if you know of anyone who might be interested let me know. They are just taking up space in my garage right now.
Did they tell you that the scratches are the car's fault? I went to Dynamic and that's what they told me. They said it was a problem with the door sill on Acuras.
Old 06-06-2008, 11:17 PM
FEEL MY FLOW

Originally Posted by OneWickedTypeS
SPEAKING OF TINT, I GOTTA GET MY CAR RE TINTED, ALL DOOR WINDOWS SCRATCHED TO HELL...
Did they tell you that the scratches are the car's fault? I went to Dynamic and that's what they told me. They said it was a problem with the door sill on Acuras.

(sorry about my previous post.. god only knows why I quoted myself instead of you)
Old 06-06-2008, 11:28 PM
MY KBP IS BTR THN URS...

No I Havent Taken It Back Up There Yet. I Actually Got The Felt To Put On But It Was To Late. So I Was Going To Peel The Tint Get The Mole Skin Installed Then Get Re Tinted Eventually .
Old 06-07-2008, 12:31 PM
Instructor

I still have my 3g type S wheels.. if you know of anyone who might be interested let me know. They are just taking up space in my garage right now.
There is this guy with an S2K that may want 3G type S wheels. I will check with him monday.
Old 06-08-2008, 01:14 AM
FEEL MY FLOW

Originally Posted by OneWickedTypeS
No I Havent Taken It Back Up There Yet. I Actually Got The Felt To Put On But It Was To Late. So I Was Going To Peel The Tint Get The Mole Skin Installed Then Get Re Tinted Eventually .
Any chance you can help me with this??? Apparently I have to do the same thing and I am completely clueless regarding details, supplies, technique, etc. (I know.. real shocker.. huh? )
Old 06-08-2008, 01:20 AM
FEEL MY FLOW

Bad News From The Moderators

FYI GUYS.. I just recieved the message below from Ron A of Acurazine. Since you are ALL part of the team, I thought you should be in the loop. My response to his message is also posted below for you to review. I must say that I am incredibly disappointed to even get his message and I sincerely hope they reconsider. It really seemed like we were off to a great start.

Originally Posted by Ron A
Sorry to have to tell you this, but it is illegal for anyone except the Acurazine Forums to use the Acurazine name in any way. Honda gave us special permission to use that name and it is exclusive to us.

I deleted your thread and also removed all reference to acurazineva from your signature.

I have also edited all references from ballinfizzle89's thread and informed him of this also.

link for staff use only
https://acurazine.com/forums/acurazine-clubs-meets-15/july-5th-acurazineva-victory-lap-fafd-parade-goes-display-day-392005/
Ron, I understand your concern, however I wouldn't have moved forward with anything without first speaking with one of the moderators (astro) first. My understanding was that AcurazineVA was fine for us to use as our team name as long as we did not sell any services through acurazine, use your existing logo, or attempt to act as a vendor in the forums.
Further, the sole purpose of AcurazineVA is to bring more local people into the Acurazine forums which benefits the Acurazine community through growth. (we benefit NOTHING as individuals aside from the additional local comradery).
If anything, I have LOST a significant amount of money myself through providing Tshirts for our local crew, providing a beautiful AcurazineVA banner, and purchasing a tent for us to share at shows. I can assure you that nothing was created to infringe upon your intellectual property.
I am not trying to be difficult here, but I do ask that you take these facts into consideration prior to alienating our local group of pro-Acurazine enthusiasts. Again, if anyone truly benefits from the existence of AcurazineVA, it is Acurazine because our goal is to bring more local members into the Acurazine forums. As it stands currently, our local activities are a source of good PR for Acurazine, I see no need to ruin that.
PLEASE reconsider your decision in light of these facts. Our group started with the best intentions and we would enjoy having the opportunity to continue to represent Acurazine in a positive manner along these lines.
I am open to doing whatever I can to benefit the Acurazine community, but I do ask that you attempt to meet us somewhere in the middle on this matter.
If you have any questions, or would like to speak to me personally regarding any of these issues, feel free to call me anytime on my cell phone at 757-636-1987.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Michael
Old 06-08-2008, 07:26 AM
Instructor

WOW........Mike, great response. Hopefully, they will realize exactly what you said that it is for the benefit of bringing people to the forums which in turn will create more members/customers to this site. Lets ALL wait for the final response before anyone starts to "flame." I know someone will.
Old 06-09-2008, 09:08 AM
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Eric, how much would you sell your tl-s wheels and Mike how much would you sell your TL-s wheels.
Old 06-09-2008, 01:30 PM
Sippy Cup (x2)

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
Man, in a way I am not surprised at that PM. I won't flame yet, but I've gone back and forth with some mods about the Acurazine stickers. The response was always that they are being made or that they are in a warehouse somewhere just waiting to update the site...BS. The Acurazine Gear page said "Will return summer of '06" when I checked it a couple months ago. Are you serious? Anyhow, I hope that this works out for us. I really like Acurazine, but the politics seem absolutely ridiculous. Everyone is out for their own money nowadays! Good luck Mike and I'll keep checking back for updates.
Old 06-09-2008, 02:36 PM
Sippy Cup (x2)

I've been reading a little about copyright laws and don't see where anything that we've done so far would be considered copyright infringement, if Acurazine is even a copyrighted name. If it is just special permission from Honda, then there are definitely no rules against it.
Old 06-09-2008, 03:44 PM
FEEL MY FLOW

Back In Business!!!

Originally Posted by snowman81
I've been reading a little about copyright laws and don't see where anything that we've done so far would be considered copyright infringement, if Acurazine is even a copyrighted name. If it is just special permission from Honda, then there are definitely no rules against it.
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee're Baaaaaaaaaaak!!!!!
It's all straightened out guys.. (see below)

Originally Posted by Ron A
To diamondblues and ballinfizzle89

Astro straightened this out with diamondblues, so I opened his thread in the Meets section, and ballinfizzle89 can repost the pics I deleted in his thread in the Photo Gallery.

Sorry about the mixup and thanks for promoting Acurazine in such a big way.
Much appreciated Ron.
Don't sweat it.. mixups happen.

Originally Posted by astro
hey man,

I spoke to Ron A and we're going to let your thread run, apologies for the confusion, that's all on me.

cheers,

robb

No worries Robb.. Thanks for straightening everything out.
Have a great week!
Mike

Old 06-09-2008, 04:17 PM
FEEL MY FLOW

Originally Posted by goldenchild626
Eric, how much would you sell your tl-s wheels and Mike how much would you sell your TL-s wheels.
Mine are selling for $750(as is) for the set (low miles on the tires) OR $850 if I you want me to take one wheel to the wheel doctor to repair the small amount of debris damage on it.. your call.

But, if Eric already had a deal I don't want to screw anything up for him.
Old 06-09-2008, 06:53 PM
9th Gear

Lurking

I picked up my TL in December and I have been lurking and reading your posts ever since. I dump all my extra cash into my Jeep so I don't have any left over for TL upgrades but it is refreshing to see you guys get pasionate about your rides. Good showing at the car show and nice work on the local chapter of acurazine.
Old 06-09-2008, 08:23 PM
08 MDX and 2010 BMW 750Li

we should roll threw the car wash on the corner of Holland and Independence, every Sat there is about 30 cars and trucks. I don't think they can hang if we roll deep!!! just a thought
Old 06-09-2008, 08:39 PM

2 short Vids

I was just F'n around one morning. I am driving my wifes minivan following my car.

Acura chase Van

Acura and Van
Old 06-09-2008, 08:43 PM
Instructor

Much appreciated Ron.

Have a great week!
Mike

Cool, I was sitting here today thinking of contingency plans.......
Old 06-09-2008, 10:34 PM
FEEL MY FLOW

Originally Posted by MeatPuppet
I picked up my TL in December and I have been lurking and reading your posts ever since. I dump all my extra cash into my Jeep so I don't have any left over for TL upgrades but it is refreshing to see you guys get pasionate about your rides. Good showing at the car show and nice work on the local chapter of acurazine.
Thanks man.. welcome to the boards! What kind of Jeep do you have?? I have been wanting a jeep for ages. You should post some pics!
Hope to see you at our next meet.. no mods necessary..
Thanks again for the kind words.
Mike

Originally Posted by MaliciousRC
we should roll threw the car wash on the corner of Holland and Independence, every Sat there is about 30 cars and trucks. I don't think they can hang if we roll deep!!! just a thought
Sounds good to me Lee.. perhaps some pizza at All Around afterwards???
BTW.. your car is lookin HOT in the vids!
Old 06-09-2008, 11:42 PM
BLUE SMOKE

Thanks man.. welcome to the boards! What kind of Jeep do you have?? I have been wanting a jeep for ages. You should post some pics!
Hope to see you at our next meet.. no mods necessary..
Thanks again for the kind words.
Mike

Sounds good to me Lee.. perhaps some pizza at All Around afterwards???
BTW.. your car is lookin HOT in the vids!
I have every other saturday off, including this saturday, if you can work around my schedule.
Old 06-09-2008, 11:51 PM
BLUE SMOKE

Much appreciated Ron.

Have a great week!
Mike

Glad to see that it all worked out Mike.
Old 06-09-2008, 11:52 PM
BLUE SMOKE

Welcome aboard!! Hope to see you around.
Old 06-10-2008, 06:56 AM
Advanced

When I lived in Newport News, just about every Saturday there are a bunch of guys with Jeep that meet up in the parking lot of East Coast Appliances in the morning. There are some that are nice and some that are stock but they all show support and show up.
Old 06-10-2008, 07:03 AM
Advanced

I was just F'n around one morning. I am driving my wifes minivan following my car.

Acura chase Van

Acura and Van
Ah yes you can tell we are car lovers. Only car lovers will have our friends, girlfriends, wifes, etc drive our car so we can look at them. I do that with my cousin and friend. Only car lovers get. Lee your car is looking great. My friend has the same color but yours is alot nicer than hers
Old 06-10-2008, 08:37 AM

Ah yes you can tell we are car lovers. Only car lovers will have our friends, girlfriends, wifes, etc drive our car so we can look at them. I do that with my cousin and friend. Only car lovers get. Lee your car is looking great. My friend has the same color but yours is alot nicer than hers
I one just like mine a few weeks ago but with chrome, I got so mad.... haha
Old 06-10-2008, 09:28 AM
Let's Go Pens

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Copyright

I'm happy to hear the confusion with the copyright was worked out

I hope no one holds anything against RonA as he was just doing his job as moderator and protecting AZ as he should. I understand how confusing the law can appear because I actually work in copyright for a major publishing where our work (especially trademark) is infringed upon on a daily basis....so it's my daily job to protect rights and grant approvals of this nature.

I actually sent diamond a PM expressing my concern for using the name "Acurazine" because I was worried he might not have gotten the approval required. Regardless of whether we benefit off using AZ material or not and although it can be seen as a form of advertising for Acurazine, we have to remember that in the end it's not our property and is left soley up to the owners to decide how their content is used.

Ok enough of that legal talk, haha. Again, I'm glad everything was sorted out. I remember I had to go through a few ok's myself just for getting the "Acurazine" phrase put onto my third brakelight

As for tints... Has anyone been to Atlantic Shoreline? My family has personally had over 20 vehicles done their ranging from cars to motorhomes and they are are an incredible group to deal with. I had the rear 1/4 window issue when they did my tint and it took no explanation on my part, I brought it back in and they fixed it in no time. I believe their website is http://www.atlanticshoreline.com if you want to check them out
Old 06-10-2008, 01:04 PM
Sippy Cup (x2)

Glad to hear everything is straightened out as well. Big to RobA and Astro for working with us. I don't have anything against any of the mods, and I understand it's their responsibility to protect the AZ name, but the politics involved in situations like this just amaze me sometimes. I am sure I don't know half the story behind it, and I know there are rules, so nothing against any mods.
Old 06-10-2008, 02:49 PM

Yo, I have not been keeping up with this copyright thing but, I check the USPTO and Acurazine is not Trademarked. Here is the definition of a trademark.

Trademark Search

Here is the info for a copyright.
Copyright
Old 06-10-2008, 05:21 PM
Let's Go Pens

Good find Malicous, the trademark link didn't work for me though...

The copyright link was a good find and is basically "Copyright 101" but doesn't even begin to cover everything. "Acurazine" is obviously... well I won't say obviously because i'm not certain but most likely not trademarked. I'll use my company has an example since one of our brands "For Dummies" is trademarked. I'm sure everyone knows of the books. well "For Dummies" is a registered trademark of our company and is protected well beyond the typical realms of copyright.

Fun little fact... anyone see the movie "Evan Almighty" Well if you've seen the movie you know about "Ark Building FD" the picture studio actually had to get permission (from me, along with a few others of my team) in order to use our Trademark material. Although "Ark Building" is obviously not a real book, they still were required to seek approval due to the fact of "For Dummies" being our property. No one can actually use the term for "For Dummies" for their work as it would be considered trademark and copyright infringement.

Sorry to bore you with all those details. I'm just trying to make sense of the situation.. Everyone has their own expertise, although I don't consider myself an expert since I've only been in the field for 6 years I still like to consider myself knowlegable in the work I do

Anyway, back to the matter at hand. Regardless of whether "Acurazine" is a registered trademark or registered copyright at the LOC (Library of Congress) it doesn't matter. Acurazine is an original work created by the owners of this site which means all rights reside with them. AcurazineVA is not an original work and is a direct spinoff of the original AZ so legally speaking.. Banners, T-shirts, flyers... all these examples would be considered copyright infringement. This is a moot point however as Diamond receieved appropriate permission.

So I just get home from doing the copyright thing at work and come home to post on AZ about it Really though, I hope no one points their flame throwers at me... I was simply trying to explain my pov on the topic and hopefully make a few understand.
Old 06-10-2008, 09:34 PM
Instructor

Sorry for the delay...I was thinking $200
Old 06-11-2008, 04:04 AM
BLUE SMOKE

Originally Posted by Evader
Good find Malicous, the trademark link didn't work for me though...

The copyright link was a good find and is basically "Copyright 101" but doesn't even begin to cover everything. "Acurazine" is obviously... well I won't say obviously because i'm not certain but most likely not trademarked. I'll use my company has an example since one of our brands "For Dummies" is trademarked. I'm sure everyone knows of the books. well "For Dummies" is a registered trademark of our company and is protected well beyond the typical realms of copyright.

Fun little fact... anyone see the movie "Evan Almighty" Well if you've seen the movie you know about "Ark Building FD" the picture studio actually had to get permission (from me, along with a few others of my team) in order to use our Trademark material. Although "Ark Building" is obviously not a real book, they still were required to seek approval due to the fact of "For Dummies" being our property. No one can actually use the term for "For Dummies" for their work as it would be considered trademark and copyright infringement.

Sorry to bore you with all those details. I'm just trying to make sense of the situation.. Everyone has their own expertise, although I don't consider myself an expert since I've only been in the field for 6 years I still like to consider myself knowlegable in the work I do

Anyway, back to the matter at hand. Regardless of whether "Acurazine" is a registered trademark or registered copyright at the LOC (Library of Congress) it doesn't matter. Acurazine is an original work created by the owners of this site which means all rights reside with them. AcurazineVA is not an original work and is a direct spinoff of the original AZ so legally speaking.. Banners, T-shirts, flyers... all these examples would be considered copyright infringement. This is a moot point however as Diamond receieved appropriate permission.

So I just get home from doing the copyright thing at work and come home to post on AZ about it Really though, I hope no one points their flame throwers at me... I was simply trying to explain my pov on the topic and hopefully make a few understand.
No flames from me. I for one am the type of person that likes things spelled out so that I can LEARN. Thanks.
Old 06-11-2008, 04:07 AM
BLUE SMOKE

Acura chase Van

Acura and Van
Lee, cool videos. Car is lookin' nice as usual. Now if we could get a video camera at our next meet.............................................. .................................................. ........
Old 06-11-2008, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by Doc's TL-S
Lee, cool videos. Car is lookin' nice as usual. Now if we could get a video camera at our next meet.............................................. .................................................. ........
Yeah, no prob, when is it....I have a really high end HD camcorder... check out this vid that I did and this is still compressed down from full HD.
301Raceway

You would think that Acurazine would let you roll with the name. It is just more advertising for them!
Old 06-11-2008, 10:55 AM
Let's Go Pens

Man I am really loving your RC cars! I might even consider trading you the tl for a couple haha.. Is it possible for you to make an exact replic of the TL-S ?
Old 06-11-2008, 12:05 PM
Jokerman

Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts
Damn, it has been so long since i have been to this thread. It has been 5 long months without my TL and i still have a month and a half to go before i can see her again. I have been around the world all the way to Dubai, Oman, and India. Hitting Rota, Spain; Malta, on the way there then on the way back i have hit Palma, Mallorca (Spain), Mallaga, Spain, Portsmouth, England, and just left Gydnia, Poland (I think that is how you spell it). When i get back i have to do the recall things, the wiper motor was already replaced back in October, but I don't think the did the vent hose thing. After i left my car at my mom's house the battery started to act up, (i don't think my car likes my mom), and i have to replace teh tires. So i have a bunch of required maintenance to do. I still haven't decided when i will get my rims, but i am trying to get an aftermarket CAI when i get back. I hope every one has been having fun without me and i hope to see you all soon.
Old 06-11-2008, 01:16 PM
Let's Go Pens

Wow.. you really have been exploring world joker. I have polished aluminum AEM CAI still in the box and if I decide not to install it I'll give you a great deal. Just let me know whenever your back in town and we'll see. Stay Safe!
Old 06-11-2008, 01:16 PM
FEEL MY FLOW

Yeah, no prob, when is it....I have a really high end HD camcorder... check out this vid that I did and this is still compressed down from full HD.
301Raceway

You would think that Acurazine would let you roll with the name. It is just more advertising for them!
Love the vid Lee!!!!
If we want to run multiple cameras at the next meet, I can bring my HD cam too. I don't know if it is as nice as yours though. I got my Canon HV20 for Christmas but I still haven't had much time to play with it.
What kind of camera do you have? The quality of your vid is still phenomenal after compression!
Old 06-11-2008, 02:04 PM
Sippy Cup (x2)

Damn Lee, those cars are sweet! I've been wanting to get into remote control cars but don't ever have the time. I got into x-mods when they first came out and was surprised at the ability to customize those, and they go pretty damn fast for something that's only 5-6 inches. With the last upgrade I did, I should be able to get about 40-45mph out of it. I just need to send it off to have some work done.

Anyhow, we should definitely see about getting a video together. Hopefully I'll be able to make that meet.

Side note...Mike, I haven't forgotten about my shirt and I still intend to pay you, but I've been up to my @$$ in stuff to do lately. Maybe this weekend I can stop by if you're gonna be around.
Old 06-11-2008, 11:33 PM
FEEL MY FLOW

Originally Posted by snowman81
Damn Lee, those cars are sweet! I've been wanting to get into remote control cars but don't ever have the time. I got into x-mods when they first came out and was surprised at the ability to customize those, and they go pretty damn fast for something that's only 5-6 inches. With the last upgrade I did, I should be able to get about 40-45mph out of it. I just need to send it off to have some work done.

Anyhow, we should definitely see about getting a video together. Hopefully I'll be able to make that meet.

Side note...Mike, I haven't forgotten about my shirt and I still intend to pay you, but I've been up to my @$$ in stuff to do lately. Maybe this weekend I can stop by if you're gonna be around.
No worries Jeff.. Just give me a call on my cell when you get a free moment and we can get together.
Old 06-12-2008, 03:44 AM

I have two HD camcorders my baby is the Sony HDR-FX1. The other one is a pocket one. Thats the one I did the TL vid with. As for getting an exact copy of a TL RC body, some one has to make the body first. Here are a few bodies out there.
200mm Bodies

Here is one of my street cars going 80mph. When I put it back together it will go well over 100, I am pushing for 115 first!
80 MPH Electric
Old 06-12-2008, 06:40 AM
Let's Go Pens

Here is one of my street cars going 80mph. When I put it back together it will go well over 100, I am pushing for 115 first!
80 MPH Electric

80...DAMN... That is just sick!

Quick Reply: Hampton Roads, VA (Register Here)