Mid-Atlantic Delaware, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Washington DC & West Virginia

Hampton Roads, VA (Register Here)

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2008, 08:53 AM
FEEL MY FLOW

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jokerman826
i recieved my Tein SS suspension the other day, i hope to get the rest of the suspension parts by the 3rd, i plan on installing everything that weekend. i am still waiting on the EDFC, camber kits, and the rear sway bar. Also, i hope i get the pre-cat deletes and j-pipe from richie by then as well so i can throw those in while it is up on the lift. This weekend since i got screwed by the navy again and cannot go up to northern VA to visit family and go to skyline i will be polishing the car on sunday. i also just ordered the 07/08 side mirrors which i also plan on installing the same weekend. I am going to have a pretty busy weekend coming up.
You are going to LOVE the suspension.. especially with the EDFC. The flexibility to adjust on the fly is awesome.. especially if you do a lot of driving. Looking forward to seeing your car at the next meet. I will be doing a JDRF event in Richmond so I won't be able to do skyline either .
Old 09-20-2008, 08:56 PM
Jokerman

Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts
Originally Posted by Navy TL
^^^Def gotta let me know how the side mirrors go. That is one mod that i really want to do to mines. Are you doing it yourself or having someone else do it?
I will definately let everyone know including you with another photo shoot. I got the Acura employee discout for the side mirrors. The list was 245 each, oemacuraparts.com wanted 195 each without shipping. My guy got them for me for less than 170 each and i did not have to pay for shipping, only tax. I plan on doing everything myself, with the help of some friends. I am hoping to finish the complete instalation in less than 5 hours, but i know i will run into some problems and it will take two days.

Originally Posted by t0talacuratl
Wow man! You're really doing your car up! Are you planning on getting a cat-back exhaust as well?
I do plan on getting the cat-back, but that will not be for about another month. I came accross a nice sum of money over the past few weeks and have been using the extra to get all my parts. I get my SRB payment here in a few weeks and i really want to get the A-spec body kit along with a full paint job (same color-to get rid of all the scrathes and dings and chips, also to even out the paint, like on the rear bumper)

Originally Posted by diamondblues
You are going to LOVE the suspension.. especially with the EDFC. The flexibility to adjust on the fly is awesome.. especially if you do a lot of driving. Looking forward to seeing your car at the next meet. I will be doing a JDRF event in Richmond so I won't be able to do skyline either .
The next meet i plan on going to is suposed to be up in N. VA at the Hooters. I am going to be visiting my family for columbus day weekend and will go meet up with everyone.
Old 09-22-2008, 06:12 PM
BLUE SMOKE

There will hopefully be a new member on here. Met Taj today at the gas station, driving a 2nd gen WDP with rims. He is definitely interested in the site. Interested in coming to a meet, so we need a local one again (hint, hint)!!
Old 09-22-2008, 06:43 PM
Jokerman

It would definately cool to have another meet, i was thinking since we had such a great trunout last time especially with the N. VA people, we should centralize it. I say somewhere around richmond. But then it wouldn't be a local meet anymore. i think the last one messed up the local thing since so many people came. Well just an idea, i am here in Norfolk so if this idea would come about then someone from the richmond area would need to set it up.
Old 09-22-2008, 07:53 PM
Green Machine

Received 42 Likes on 41 Posts
I agree with that! I wouldn't mind doing the Richmond thing. We just need someone in the local area to find a spot for us to hang.
Old 09-24-2008, 10:31 AM
BLUE SMOKE

I agree with that! I wouldn't mind doing the Richmond thing. We just need someone in the local area to find a spot for us to hang.
I can deal with that. We have not had a local meet there anyway. Good thinking about those guys.

I think that it is cool that the NOVA guys want to hang out. I just wish I could have met up with all of them last time.

And imagine the caravan up to Richmond!! It could be like 15, 20 cars just between the peninsula and the southside ridin' up there! Anyway, I'll be lookin' for a thread for this.
Old 09-24-2008, 01:18 PM
Green Machine

Apparently the NOVA guys are planning a meet next month. It's a little further than Richmond.

https://acurazine.com/forums/acurazine-clubs-meets-15/official-northern-va-hooter-allsports-meet-saturday-oct-11th-2008-a-686318/
Old 09-24-2008, 02:31 PM
Three Wheelin'

yeah, i live in richmond but am at school in radford now, so NOVA is far as hell... for the skyline meet last sunday i went back to richmond the friday night before that to lesson the drive sunday... as for meet spots... i will try and think of a few... i'm pretty sure ballinfizzle knows of alot of spots around the city because he goes to VCU, i'm familiar with the area but im from the west end of richmond so im not familiar with bigger areas like southside and the inner city... lets see what Faiz thinks when he see's this reply... WATCHU THINK BALLIN?
Old 09-24-2008, 06:53 PM
Jokerman

Apparently the NOVA guys are planning a meet next month. It's a little further than Richmond.

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=686318

They are and i will be going. They are doing a monthly get together up there. I will be up in that area anyways that weekend visiting my uncle in manasas for the weekend.

Last edited by jokerman826; 09-24-2008 at 06:55 PM.
Old 09-25-2008, 08:25 AM
tl_badboy96

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
[IMG][/IMG]
i thought about doing a get together but just trying to figure out how i want to do it. i stay in norfolk and would like to have a get together and hangout. maybe a modmeet as well. i have a decent size driveway/garage and behind my house is a big park and lot with a grill and stuff. it will be free to all. its just the day of the month is the problem. if interested say something and give me some input.
Old 09-25-2008, 09:52 AM
Green Machine

Originally Posted by tl_badboy96
[IMG][/IMG]
i thought about doing a get together but just trying to figure out how i want to do it. i stay in norfolk and would like to have a get together and hangout. maybe a modmeet as well. i have a decent size driveway/garage and behind my house is a big park and lot with a grill and stuff. it will be free to all. its just the day of the month is the problem. if interested say something and give me some input.
No problems for me! I don't have any mods to do right now, unless I get my hands on an exhaust soon. I can hang and help out.
Old 09-25-2008, 10:59 AM
Three Wheelin'

this sounds like a plan, we should work on a meet in richmond tho because its so central, that way more people could come from all over the state... just my 2 cents...
Old 09-25-2008, 01:37 PM
tl_badboy96

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
it doesnt matter to me. im down for richmond. whose gonna plan it and when
Old 09-25-2008, 03:57 PM
Three Wheelin'

^i'm not sure? i'm waitin for ballin to throw in his thoughts/ideas...
Old 09-26-2008, 05:53 PM
BLUE SMOKE

[IMG][/IMG]
Anything is cool with me, your place or Richmond, or both!! Just tell me when. I am off every other weekend, beginning with next weekend.

By the way, is this after repairs, or before accident in the pic above? If it is after, lookin' good!! Just a touch more gap (and I mean just a touch) below the driver's side headlight. Does your turn signal (driver's side) seem to be not flush also? Just curious, not critical.
Old 09-28-2008, 10:17 AM
FEEL MY FLOW

[IMG][/IMG]
This sounds best for me. A big garage, a park, a grill..
I don't have mods to do right now, but I know a few local guys do so this should be perfect. (I have to admit, I am a bit partial though.. Norfolk is also the least expensive option for me and I am really going to need to watch my wallet for a while guys.)
Old 10-01-2008, 03:31 PM
FEEL MY FLOW

The board seems to have gone quiet lately.. where is everybody???
Old 10-01-2008, 04:45 PM
MY KBP IS BTR THN URS...

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Mmm

sleeping...
Old 10-01-2008, 06:17 PM
Jokerman

where is fiz, i haven't seen him here in a while. It would be nice to get on last all VA meet in before i leave the area. The richmond area would be great for that. I think more people would show up for that than any other area.

BTW, i saw a nice looking TL on NOB today with NY plates, looked like 20" chrome wheels and dropped. Also it looked like it had 8000°K HID's. Has anyone seen this or know whose it is. I didn't recognize it.
Old 10-01-2008, 06:42 PM
Green Machine

where is fiz, i haven't seen him here in a while. It would be nice to get on last all VA meet in before i leave the area. The richmond area would be great for that. I think more people would show up for that than any other area.

BTW, i saw a nice looking TL on NOB today with NY plates, looked like 20" chrome wheels and dropped. Also it looked like it had 8000°K HID's. Has anyone seen this or know whose it is. I didn't recognize it.
That's funny, because I saw the same car at the pass/id office this afternoon! LOL!

Well if we still having a mod party, I might have some upgrades to do. I'm expecting an Greddy EVO2 exhaust and planning on getting a used AEM V2. Can't get enough of them mods!

Joker, when are you suppose to ship out man?!
Old 10-01-2008, 09:20 PM
Jokerman

That's funny, because I saw the same car at the pass/id office this afternoon! LOL!

Well if we still having a mod party, I might have some upgrades to do. I'm expecting an Greddy EVO2 exhaust and planning on getting a used AEM V2. Can't get enough of them mods!

Joker, when are you suppose to ship out man?!
It must be someone new to the area, that is the first time i have ever seen that car, i know the way most of teh cars look between us and the when i rolled down my window to nod at him i did not recognize him. We were driving down the pier road together when he pulled off around pier 9. I went towards the carrier piers. He also had a staggered fitment with some very wide wheels in back.

I wouldn't mind doing the mod party, but i don't know when i will get all of my stuff. Richie told me that he is still waiting for the parts to arrive and they will not be there until somewhere around the 18th. My RSB arrived at my mom's house today. The EDFC, top hat kit and rear camber kits should be there sometime around friday. i am still waiting on the front camber kits to be shipped out from heeltoe. Hopefully i will have everything by the end of the month, i am getting very anxious and impatient. I have the coilovers sitting in my trunk waiting to go in and i don't want to do it until i get everything. But it should give me some time to get the fenders rolled for the drop. on the bright side i got my new side mirrors in and wired up. I really like them.

I will be detached from my boat on Dec 1st. i will leave the area on the 2nd. Two months to go. that is why i want to get on last meet in that is larger than the Hampton Roads one. But we need a richmond person to set it up.
Old 10-02-2008, 12:16 PM
FizzyStatus!

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
Sorry guys, been MIA. Let me know when you guys want to do it, I'm sure Steve and I can work something out.
Old 10-02-2008, 04:26 PM
MY KBP IS BTR THN URS...

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
IM EASY WHEN EVER, HELL IM OFF ALL NEXT WEEK...
SO FAIZ U WANN HOOK UP WED NIGHT AND RUN UP TO SONIC...
JUST EVERYONE KNOWS MY CAR WAS IN THE BODY SHOP GETTING SARA'S ACCIDENT FIXED AND THEY GAVE ME 08 AUDI S4 THE S LINE MODEL WHATEVER THAT IS. I THOUGHT THE CAR SUCKED ASS...
DEFINANTLY MISSED MY ACURA
Old 10-02-2008, 06:23 PM
Jokerman

lets see, we definately cannot do it when i am out of town, so i can count out the weekend of Oct. 18th, Nov. 1st and Nov. 8th. that leaves every other weekend open. I recomend sometime in Mid november since everyone should still be here before Thanksgiving and it gives everyone enough time to plan. So i recommend the weekend of either Nov. 15th or 22st.

BTW sorry to hear about the car Steve, i know you missed the Acura.
Old 10-02-2008, 07:36 PM
FizzyStatus!

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by OneWickedTypeS
IM EASY WHEN EVER, HELL IM OFF ALL NEXT WEEK...
SO FAIZ U WANN HOOK UP WED NIGHT AND RUN UP TO SONIC...
JUST EVERYONE KNOWS MY CAR WAS IN THE BODY SHOP GETTING SARA'S ACCIDENT FIXED AND THEY GAVE ME 08 AUDI S4 THE S LINE MODEL WHATEVER THAT IS. I THOUGHT THE CAR SUCKED ASS...
DEFINANTLY MISSED MY ACURA
Yeah man, hit me up. Glad you got it back now

lets see, we definately cannot do it when i am out of town, so i can count out the weekend of Oct. 18th, Nov. 1st and Nov. 8th. that leaves every other weekend open. I recomend sometime in Mid november since everyone should still be here before Thanksgiving and it gives everyone enough time to plan. So i recommend the weekend of either Nov. 15th or 22st.

BTW sorry to hear about the car Steve, i know you missed the Acura.
Sooooo whose down for Oct 18th, Nov 1st, or Nov 8th?

lol jk jk..let us know guys
Old 10-03-2008, 03:43 AM
Jokerman

funny faiz, you had me rolling on the floor. NOT!!!

I will bring this up in the NOVA thread also to see what they say.
Old 10-03-2008, 10:59 AM
BLUE SMOKE

Originally Posted by ballinfizzle89
Yeah man, hit me up. Glad you got it back now

Sooooo whose down for Oct 18th, Nov 1st, or Nov 8th?

lol jk jk..let us know guys
I am off the 18th and the 1st so I should be able to make it.
Old 10-04-2008, 08:31 PM
Jokerman

i saw that car the other day in front of cal's by advanced auto on hampton, he got here last saturday. He wants to do a bunch of stuff to it and he did not know about this site. So i told him about it. Seems like a good guy, he is definately interested in meets.

today i saw another tl on base that was a orange/bronze color with matching rims (pretty nice).

also there was one in front of the Marmc building that had black split spoke rims.

This has been a good weekend.
Old 10-06-2008, 11:50 AM
Three Wheelin'

buuuuUUUUUUmp.
Old 10-06-2008, 06:34 PM
Green Machine

i saw that car the other day in front of cal's by advanced auto on hampton, he got here last saturday. He wants to do a bunch of stuff to it and he did not know about this site. So i told him about it. Seems like a good guy, he is definately interested in meets.

today i saw another tl on base that was a orange/bronze color with matching rims (pretty nice).

also there was one in front of the Marmc building that had black split spoke rims.

This has been a good weekend.
The driver of that orange car is a friend of my first class. I told her about the site, but she wasn't too interested.
Old 10-06-2008, 10:27 PM
FEEL MY FLOW

(BE SURE TO HUM THE THEME MUSIC FROM COPS WHILE YOU READ THIS)
Bad boys.. what ya gonna do..

Okay.. so I was on Indian River Road and 3 Staties flew past in hot pursuit.. then two more.. and then another 3.. and then two more followed by some locals..
Not sure what got into my head, but I decided to pursue the pursuit.. it was actually fun until we hit a subdivision and the cops doubled back and were headed right back towards me. I decided to steer away at that point and head towards home.
There was a local VA BCH cop blacked out in the median at the light. He walked over to my car.. laughed and said: "nice drivin, but you are one crazy son of a bitch". He told me that the next time I'm bored to just go home and play playstation instead of trying to get myself killed. I said play station is fun.. but sadly it does absolutely NOTHING for my curiosity.
He said JUST GO HOME BEFORE I WRITE YOU UP FOR SOMETHING.
Old 10-07-2008, 07:03 AM
Jokerman

The driver of that orange car is a friend of my first class. I told her about the site, but she wasn't too interested.
did she get the paint job done correctly or is it just the outside for looks. It is a nice paint job, i hope it was done the right way with the intertior taken out and painted up.
Old 10-07-2008, 07:10 PM
Green Machine

Originally Posted by diamondblues
(BE SURE TO HUM THE THEME MUSIC FROM COPS WHILE YOU READ THIS)
Bad boys.. what ya gonna do..

Okay.. so I was on Indian River Road and 3 Staties flew past in hot pursuit.. then two more.. and then another 3.. and then two more followed by some locals..
Not sure what got into my head, but I decided to pursue the pursuit.. it was actually fun until we hit a subdivision and the cops doubled back and were headed right back towards me. I decided to steer away at that point and head towards home.
There was a local VA BCH cop blacked out in the median at the light. He walked over to my car.. laughed and said: "nice drivin, but you are one crazy son of a bitch". He told me that the next time I'm bored to just go home and play playstation instead of trying to get myself killed. I said play station is fun.. but sadly it does absolutely NOTHING for my curiosity.
He said JUST GO HOME BEFORE I WRITE YOU UP FOR SOMETHING.
That's funny man! You lucked out! BTW, I decided to get a Greddy EVO2, and man it's louder than yours! But it sure pulls like crazy now!

did she get the paint job done correctly or is it just the outside for looks. It is a nice paint job, i hope it was done the right way with the intertior taken out and painted up.
I didn't get a chance to look at it closely. Didn't have time. It did look nice from a glance.
Old 10-07-2008, 10:52 PM
FEEL MY FLOW

[QUOTE=t0talacuratl;10066375]That's funny man! You lucked out! BTW, I decided to get a Greddy EVO2, and man it's louder than yours! But it sure pulls like crazy now!

I had a feeling that the Greddy EVO2 was going to be a bit louder, but sometimes you just never know. Glad you like the power though.. we should line them up again sometime and take another run.. my engine is LOVING this cool weather!!!
I am actually working with Mike at ATLP on my exhaust noise issue. He said that they can do a resonated front pipe which will help a lot. They can also do a high flow 3rd cat with resonant properties instead of the straight race pipe which should help even more. I shouldn't really notice any power difference and Mike at ATLP said that these should really help to tone the volume down.

Unfortunately, without a job I don't have any free cash to work on the car right now unless I sell my factory typeS wheels or Stock TypeS exhaust. So close, yet so far away.. I also have high end subs, amps, components that I can sell. If anyone is interested let me know 636-1987.
Mike
Old 10-08-2008, 09:05 AM
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
wonder if the stock typs s exhaust will fit my accord or maybe just the mufflers? hmmm what do you guys think?
Old 10-08-2008, 09:28 AM
Jokerman

In my boredom at work i found an interesting state law about radar detectors. We all know that they are not allowed to be used. Long story short it says that you can have a radar detector mounted in your window as long as there is no power cord in immediate reach by anyone in the car. so the way I see it as long as the cord is in the glove box then it is not in immediate reach. Also for anyone who has had there detector taken and broken on the street, you can go after the state for doing it since they have to return the device after it is used for evidence (if they take it for that reason alone). just thought it was some good info.

§ 46.2-1079. Radar detectors; demerit points not to be awarded.

A. It shall be unlawful for any person to operate a motor vehicle on the highways of the Commonwealth when such vehicle is equipped with any device or mechanism, passive or active, to detect or purposefully interfere with or diminish the measurement capabilities of any radar, laser, or other device or mechanism employed by law-enforcement personnel to measure the speed of motor vehicles on the highways of the Commonwealth for law-enforcement purposes. It shall be unlawful to use any such device or mechanism on any such motor vehicle on the highways. It shall be unlawful to sell any such device or mechanism in the Commonwealth. However, provisions of this section shall not apply to any receiver of radio waves utilized for lawful purposes to receive any signal from a frequency lawfully licensed by any state or federal agency.

This section shall not be construed to authorize the forfeiture to the Commonwealth of any such device or mechanism. Any such device or mechanism may be taken by the arresting officer if needed as evidence, and, when no longer needed, shall be returned to the person charged with a violation of this section, or at that person's request, and his expense, mailed to an address specified by him. Any unclaimed devices may be destroyed on court order after six months have elapsed from the final date for filing an appeal.

Except as provided in subsection B of this section, the presence of any such prohibited device or mechanism in or on a motor vehicle on the highways of the Commonwealth shall constitute prima facie evidence of the violation of this section. The Commonwealth need not prove that the device or mechanism in question was in an operative condition or being operated.

B. A person shall not be guilty of a violation of this section when the device or mechanism in question, at the time of the alleged offense, had no power source and was not readily accessible for use by the driver or any passenger in the vehicle.

C. This section shall not apply to motor vehicles owned by the Commonwealth or any political subdivision thereof and used by law-enforcement officers in their official duties, nor to the sale of any such device or mechanism to law-enforcement agencies for use in their official duties.

D. No demerit points shall be awarded by the Commissioner for violations of this section. Any demerit points awarded by the Commissioner prior to July 1, 1992, for any violation of this section shall be rescinded and the driving record of any person awarded demerit points for a violation of this section shall be amended to reflect such rescission.

(1962, c. 125, § 46.1-198.1; 1975, c. 108; 1976, c. 90; 1978, cc. 87, 91; 1981, c. 303; 1989, c. 727; 1992, c. 825; 1998, c. 300.)
Old 10-08-2008, 09:42 AM
Green Machine

[QUOTE=diamondblues;10067178]
That's funny man! You lucked out! BTW, I decided to get a Greddy EVO2, and man it's louder than yours! But it sure pulls like crazy now!

I had a feeling that the Greddy EVO2 was going to be a bit louder, but sometimes you just never know. Glad you like the power though.. we should line them up again sometime and take another run.. my engine is LOVING this cool weather!!!
I am actually working with Mike at ATLP on my exhaust noise issue. He said that they can do a resonated front pipe which will help a lot. They can also do a high flow 3rd cat with resonant properties instead of the straight race pipe which should help even more. I shouldn't really notice any power difference and Mike at ATLP said that these should really help to tone the volume down.

Unfortunately, without a job I don't have any free cash to work on the car right now unless I sell my factory typeS wheels or Stock TypeS exhaust. So close, yet so far away.. I also have high end subs, amps, components that I can sell. If anyone is interested let me know 636-1987.
Mike
I was thinking about doing something similar. I was going to buy an aero R25 resonator to replace my test pipe. Or have a shop do a custom piping with resonator added instead of cutting up the greddy one. I have to do something. After the drive to work this morning, I really hate it!

Yeah we can line them up again. I was definitely curious about that. I'm loving the extra power though. It's to the point where I have to relearn to launch off the line. That's cool. Let me know when.
Old 10-08-2008, 12:30 PM
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
adrian and mike, both of you guys got fast cars. that will be a good race though. but somebody answer my question up top. thanks
Old 10-08-2008, 02:03 PM
FEEL MY FLOW

Originally Posted by goldenchild626
wonder if the stock typs s exhaust will fit my accord or maybe just the mufflers? hmmm what do you guys think?
I'm really not sure.. I bet some of the other guys will know better than me.
Old 10-08-2008, 08:16 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by goldenchild626

It will fit from the 3rd cat to the y-pipe. After that you will need custom fit to the mufflers and the exhaust tip opening. You might have to trim the rear bumper for the tips. You will probably be the first to rock Type-S exhaust on an Accord.

Fyi im Adrians son

Quick Reply: Hampton Roads, VA (Register Here)