1G ILX Chat, Chit, and General Info Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2013, 11:39 AM
Drifting

Received 285 Likes on 245 Posts
I hate you guys and your meets. The northeast hardly has meets.
Old 05-29-2013, 11:50 AM
Drifting

speaking of the northeast and meets:

The following users liked this post:
usdmJON (06-02-2013)
Old 06-02-2013, 01:34 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 849 Likes on 679 Posts
I'm on my lunch at work. I got back from getting food and was sitting in my car reading when a Dodge Charger pulls up next to me. Im parked in the employee area so I thought it was weird Ive not seen this car before.

An older guy maybe in his 50s gets out of the driver seat, lady similar age gets out of the passenger seat next to my car. She gets out just fine but goes to open the rear passenger door and slams it into my car. Her response "Oh! hahahahahahaha" as she laughs it off. I calmly wait in my car for them to start to walk away so I can check out any damage with them in ear shot but not awkwardly RIGHT THERE. Had I seen a dent I would have immediately yelled for them to come over and taken down information.

She was very lucky and it left a small ding of their silver paint on the door panel. I was able to get it off with my finger and a towel. Left a very very small smudge of gloss hardly visible; but still it's there now.
A second scuff of paint on the handle right next to it was slightly larger but I am sure wont be noticeable after a wash.

Deciding it wasn't a big enough issue to do anything, and seeing as how 2 weeks ago the owner had a meeting with ME instructing me to inform employees where they must park and to restate that ricochets are damage is very common, highest so for employees that are hear daily, I just let them walk.
I followed the couple down to our pistol range just to get an idea of these folks. Who the fuck laughs out loud after smashing someone elses car with YOUR HUSBANDS car door. No damn respect these days and this from someone probably twice my age.

Long story short, we can deny gun sales to ANYONE we feel shouldn't own a gun if they show us proof we can wield against them... i.e. the fact that this dude had 4 other hand guns he or his wife owned just sitting in the back in their factor gun cases NOT locked up. That is against the law in California. Had his wife not hit my car, I wouldn't have got out to look and noticed his arrogant display of purchased fire arms in his back seat. Took a couple seconds to tell the shop manager about the incident to see what they could do. They asked a simple question "Where do you lock your fire arms when they aren't in your car?" His lack of an answer, with no idea of a safe company to provide and without denying he carries his guns in his car he was denied the sale and left PISSED. Karma is a bitch.
A report of the gentleman and my sightings have been noted and sent to the NRA, DOJ, and Federal Government. Guns aren't a joking matter... neither is laughing about hitting my car.

What would you guys have done?
Old 06-02-2013, 01:39 PM
Suzuka Master

Speed and Power that looks like a great meet. Not too many heads rolling around but definitely a GREAT meet and a good crowd of tuners. Sooo many stanced whips!!

You MUST get to more of these and start modding your ILX like they do!!
So many Rotiforms! UGH!!!!

...minus the burn out section. Bunch of apes. Wont be long till there is an accident with that nonsense. Meet wouldn't last a year in Cali with attitudes like that. lol Cops be jerks!
And I'll never understand how guys will just videotape girls and their asses. Dudes must be THIRSTY up North. hahaha
Old 06-02-2013, 02:22 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 127 Likes on 92 Posts
Originally Posted by usdmJON
I'm on my lunch at work. I got back from getting food and was sitting in my car reading when a Dodge Charger pulls up next to me. Im parked in the employee area so I thought it was weird Ive not seen this car before.

An older guy maybe in his 50s gets out of the driver seat, lady similar age gets out of the passenger seat next to my car. She gets out just fine but goes to open the rear passenger door and slams it into my car. Her response "Oh! hahahahahahaha" as she laughs it off. I calmly wait in my car for them to start to walk away so I can check out any damage with them in ear shot but not awkwardly RIGHT THERE. Had I seen a dent I would have immediately yelled for them to come over and taken down information.

She was very lucky and it left a small ding of their silver paint on the door panel. I was able to get it off with my finger and a towel. Left a very very small smudge of gloss hardly visible; but still it's there now.
A second scuff of paint on the handle right next to it was slightly larger but I am sure wont be noticeable after a wash.

Deciding it wasn't a big enough issue to do anything, and seeing as how 2 weeks ago the owner had a meeting with ME instructing me to inform employees where they must park and to restate that ricochets are damage is very common, highest so for employees that are hear daily, I just let them walk.
I followed the couple down to our pistol range just to get an idea of these folks. Who the fuck laughs out loud after smashing someone elses car with YOUR HUSBANDS car door. No damn respect these days and this from someone probably twice my age.

Long story short, we can deny gun sales to ANYONE we feel shouldn't own a gun if they show us proof we can wield against them... i.e. the fact that this dude had 4 other hand guns he or his wife owned just sitting in the back in their factor gun cases NOT locked up. That is against the law in California. Had his wife not hit my car, I wouldn't have got out to look and noticed his arrogant display of purchased fire arms in his back seat. Took a couple seconds to tell the shop manager about the incident to see what they could do. They asked a simple question "Where do you lock your fire arms when they aren't in your car?" His lack of an answer, with no idea of a safe company to provide and without denying he carries his guns in his car he was denied the sale and left PISSED. Karma is a bitch.
A report of the gentleman and my sightings have been noted and sent to the NRA, DOJ, and Federal Government. Guns aren't a joking matter... neither is laughing about hitting my car.

What would you guys have done?
You handled it better than me.. I would of slashed their tires and put a note on the window that said "Haha!"

I am not joking either.. I have absolutely no heart for people who don't understand and respect people's property, LET ALONE some of the most expensive investments they have.
The following users liked this post:
musty hustla (06-08-2013)
Old 06-02-2013, 05:42 PM
Racer

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
Last summer we had to fix a car at the body shop that kids put Bologna cirlces all over... ever since, that would probably be my avenue haha. Next time they take the car through the car wash they can watch parts of paint flake off.

So my wheels get delivered on wednesday... but I am livid at this eBay seller as they haven't said a word to me for 2 weeks on the lowering springs. My intake is due for delivery on Thursday and I ordered that after my springs.

Car Audio is being removed and is going up on Craigslist as there is no way to obtain the lowpass that the factory unit filters out. Woofer only plays to like 40hz. So I will take the money from that and reinvest.
Old 06-02-2013, 09:06 PM
Suzuka Master

What springs and what ebay seller?
Old 06-02-2013, 09:10 PM
Racer

I bought the Eibach Pro-Kit Springs for a 2012 Honda Civic SI as the suspension should be the same. Lowers the car 1.2" front and rear.

ebay seller is 3910pplus.

Here is a Link to the auction:
Link to Springs
Old 06-02-2013, 11:00 PM
Suzuka Master

So you bought them two weeks ago and not received them? Can you track it with ebay?
Old 06-03-2013, 12:03 AM
Racer

Nope.

But I am a Customer Solutions Supervisor with PayPal, so I know my protections and will get my money back if need be. I am just more so upset because I will end up waiting now to put the rest of the suspension on so I can get it all aligned all at once.
Old 06-03-2013, 09:04 AM
Suzuka Master

So wait whats the full story? You purchased in full but ebay never sent you a tracking number?
You can just go back to the item under your previous purchases and track it? Unless you dont have an account on ebay. Ebay has always been good to me so nowbim skeptical. Lol
Old 06-03-2013, 09:48 AM
Racer

eBay does not provide a tracking number unless the seller uses the eBay Shipping Program or they manually update the sold item through their selling account with the tracking number.

This seller has done neither and so I can't track it. According to the status on eBay it was due for delivery on the 25th but also shows "Not Shipped" since there was no update to tracking.
Old 06-03-2013, 10:35 AM
Suzuka Master

Ouch. Never had that happen with ebay. I tend to use amazon more often. Good luck!!
Old 06-03-2013, 10:55 AM
Drifting

the seller isn't responding to emails or anything?
Old 06-03-2013, 11:05 AM
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Switt23
eBay does not provide a tracking number unless the seller uses the eBay Shipping Program or they manually update the sold item through their selling account with the tracking number.

This seller has done neither and so I can't track it. According to the status on eBay it was due for delivery on the 25th but also shows "Not Shipped" since there was no update to tracking.
If the seller hasn't responded to any messages I would file a dispute through eBay. I've had this happen before and now I only trust sellers with at least a few thousand ratings with a good rating of course. Never below 1000. It took forever for me to get my money back but who knows how efficient the system is now.
Old 06-03-2013, 11:19 AM
Drifting

I filed a claim through ebay and got my money relatively quickly (within a month). Conning ebay is definitely ill advised as they can hold your money and have direct access to your bank account.
Old 06-03-2013, 11:23 AM

Received 705 Likes on 538 Posts
Old 06-03-2013, 03:44 PM
Racer

Seller finally got a hold of me. He said that the order was either misplaced or lost and apologized greatly. They are express shipping the springs out today so I should have them by Thursday.

Works for me.
Old 06-03-2013, 03:54 PM
Suzuka Master

I was literally just going to post that whenever a seller started buggin me out Id hear from him the moment I outwardly complained to a friend. Glad to hear it worked out!!
I'll be placing my order Thursday night so I wont see them, until the following week.

If you post up a DIY I wont have to so get on that shit!
Old 06-03-2013, 04:58 PM
Racer

I can post a DIY with plenty of Pictures. I would say on a scale from 1-10 on difficulty, it ranks in at a 3.
Old 06-03-2013, 05:02 PM
Suzuka Master

Way easy. Taking pictures is the hassle.
Old 06-06-2013, 09:49 PM
Suzuka Master

Just placed my order for some H&R springs.
Estimated delivery is 10th-14th so chances are Ill install them on my day off that Sat or Sun. Can't fucking wait!!

Decided Im going to stall after I install these, take her in for an alignment, then do an oil change and hold off. My artists just left his shop to open his own place and Ive been itching to get this half sleeve done and move to my calves. UUUGH!!!
Old 06-07-2013, 08:41 AM
Drifting

Just placed my order for some H&R springs.
Estimated delivery is 10th-14th so chances are Ill install them on my day off that Sat or Sun. Can't fucking wait!!

Decided Im going to stall after I install these, take her in for an alignment, then do an oil change and hold off. My artists just left his shop to open his own place and Ive been itching to get this half sleeve done and move to my calves. UUUGH!!!
Let me know how the car drives after the springs are on.

FYI, Tein just released springs for the ilx.
Old 06-07-2013, 10:40 AM
Racer

I opened up a claim last night on my springs and then I emailed the seller directly asking why no response. He emailed me Monday and said they would get them out, and then I heard nothing back.

Got a tracking number this morning with FedEx Showing they sat in Cali for 3 days and will be here Monday. I work Monday and Tuesday, and then the car goes in Wednesday for the Exhaust Cut outs, so I guess the springs will go on next Friday.

Also, not sure if anyone follows the 9thgen forums at all, but Team3d is releasing a strut tower bar, rear tie bar, and subframe brace in July.

Last edited by Switt23; 06-07-2013 at 10:46 AM.
Old 06-07-2013, 10:52 AM
Racer

Not sure if this is going to be felt at all once installed, but they look neat

Old 06-07-2013, 01:35 PM
Suzuka Master

I dont care for teins. Just a brand name in my opinion. Cost 20 bucks less than h&r.
Ive been trying to avoid any springs that say the rears drop lower NOT a fan of the reverse rake.

The price IS good. But if I was buying coilovers id say fuck tein.
Old 06-07-2013, 01:39 PM
Suzuka Master

Do they really need a front tie bar? We already oversteer like mad.
Im totally down for everything minus that x bar dont care.

Rear upper strut, rear subframe and front upper/lower strut is what im looking for.
Old 06-08-2013, 12:51 AM
Suzuka Master

Chopped ILXDRIVER's ilx since he is rockin h&rs like I soon will be installing.

Work VSXX which I would say is in 19in
Old 06-08-2013, 01:57 PM
Racer

My Pro-Kit springs got delivered this morning . Finally after 3 weeks. Still won't get installed until friday though.
Old 06-08-2013, 02:39 PM
Suzuka Master

Niiiice. I figure Ill do a diy regardless to start off a slow ass build thread.

Ill get mine on I think Saturday when my buddy has off as well. I need his spring compressor.
Old 06-08-2013, 04:16 PM
Racer

Mine will be minimal purchases for a bit after the exhaust is done. My intentions are to purchase an R18 turbo kit by the new year. I don't expect a ton of power with the automatic transmission being so weak, but I want the car to sneeze haha.
Old 06-08-2013, 04:49 PM
Suzuka Master

Sorry if you were being sarcastic but the obsession with that sound is pretty dumb.
That fluttering sound is actually air leaving the turbo the wrong direction so only inefficient turbo set ups make that sound. A blow off valve will get that purging sound, but that is the sound of wasted air being released. A proper efficient set up wont create those sounds.

No worries with the auto tranny being weak. Believe me itll handle the turbo. Don't run insane psi leaves and youll be good. Look into the amount of work you should do to properly turbo an engine. Last I was reading into it its much cheaper to supercharge an engine... doesn't need to withstand as much compression.
Old 06-08-2013, 06:20 PM
Racer

That fluttering sound is actually air leaving the turbo the wrong direction so only inefficient turbo set ups make that sound. A blow off valve will get that purging sound, but that is the sound of wasted air being released. A proper efficient set up wont create those sounds.
Completely uneducated and inaccurate. The fluttering sound is called compressor surge and is when the throttle body plate closes and the air has no where to go. The movement of the compressed air travels back through the Compressor wheel of the turbine causing the fluttering sound.

The point of an atmospheric blow off valve is to remove said pressure so you don't burn up the bearings of the turbo. It's not a waste of air, if the turbo setup is efficently setup it will rebuild that lost pressure verly quickly anyway.

My previous car was supercharged, the car before that was a completely rebuilt high compression LD9. This isn't my first rodeo and I'd appreciate it if your replies to my post quit making it sound like i'm 16 and this is my first car.

I am sorry to sound as if I am lashing out, but several of your comments have been rather uncalled for and judgemental towards peoples thoughts.

Last edited by Switt23; 06-08-2013 at 06:28 PM.
Old 06-08-2013, 07:00 PM
Suzuka Master

Completely uneducated and inaccurate.
Please. I'm not talking out of my ass here.

I am sorry to sound as if I am lashing out, but several of your comments have been rather uncalled for and judgemental towards peoples thoughts.
First off. My bad for offending you. Just thought wanting a turbo for the sound was dumb since a turbo SHOULDNT make that sound. If you didnt want to be judged on that comment you shouldnt have stated it.
But please, where else have I been "uncalled" for. I have my opinions too and I state them without openly bashing people. What else can you ask for? It's the internet where opinions run rampant. Can't protect all the bad ideas of the world.

Back on track..
I said the fluttering sound is from air leaving the turbo the wrong direction.
You explained the same thing but in better detail..

when the throttle body plate closes and the air has no where to go. The movement of the compressed air travels back through the Compressor wheel of the turbine
So in simpleton terms like I stated, the air is traveling not TOWARD the motor, but away... ie wrong direction as I stated.

The point of an atmospheric blow off valve is to remove said pressure so you don't burn up the bearings of the turbo. It's not a waste of air, if the turbo setup is efficently setup it will rebuild that lost pressure verly quickly anyway.
Correct. What I said feeds directly off this. A blow off valve will prevent the air traveling the wrong way by directing it out of the once closed system. Other turbo set ups on high end racing cars have redirecting valves that recirculates the air back into the system. THAT would be the most efficient turbo set up. A blow off valve simply releasing the extra air IS A WASTE.
Old 06-08-2013, 07:23 PM
Suzuka Master

Honestly dude. I dont mean to cause drama. I know im a bit rough a lot of the time but I give credit where need be and I dont make claims I cant back. Sorry I offended. Im sure you know more than me about forced induction.

But my opinions are based on personal experience and I dont argue what I dont know. Sorry for the drama. But again. This is the internet. There are far bigger assholes on here than me. Surf nwp for a few weeks and see how many honda heads jump down some of these users throats with the way they talk about car mods.
Old 06-08-2013, 07:46 PM
Racer

Whichever. I'm done wasting time on it.

Wonder where everyone else went....

Last edited by Switt23; 06-08-2013 at 07:50 PM.
Old 06-08-2013, 08:45 PM
Suzuka Master

Well then allow me to be a jerk again. Don't call me out then write it off that you don't care when I make a valid point. If you care enough to call me out; care enough to settle things.
Old 06-08-2013, 09:18 PM
Racer

You have yet to make a valid point. You take my comment about me wanting my car to sneeze and assume from the statment that I don't know anything about forced induction. You fail to accurately describe the root cause of Compressor Surge. You fail to accurately describe the use of a BOV and how it saves your turbo's bearings from overheating and burning up.

The thread I made in regards to the wheels I purchased, you copped an attitude and said that theives don't steal cheap knock off wheels.

Really because when theives stole my beat up Motegi FF7's that had the clear coat faded off the lip, I'm pretty sure they didn't care how they looked as to them a quick dollar was just that, a quick dollar.

I was raised to respect everyone's choices in life, regardless of my feelings. You want to drop your car on air-ride, more power to you. If you ask for help with it, I will help you with it. Am I going to sit back and wait to catch your fault... hell no. That's part of the learning process with the cars.

I'm not trying to call you out on anything, and I apologize for the frustration in my post, but dude you got to quit trying to catch people in their faults behind the keyboard.

All I am asking for. "Cant we all just get along?" This isn't no honda forum and I don't want it to turn into one (Unless we are talking supporting vendors).
Old 06-08-2013, 09:26 PM
Racer

I'm done causing drama... again I apologize.
Old 06-08-2013, 10:32 PM
Suzuka Master

I didnt assume you knee nothing. I made a statement about that sound which is truth

Aside from that your right. I need to stop looking for everyone elses faults.

Quick Reply: 1G ILX Chat, Chit, and General Info Thread