Dating & Relationships Love sucks. Now you can cry about it…

wife issues

Old 04-26-2006, 04:25 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by fdl
While I still havent read through entire thread, and while I think both parties may be a few pennies short of a nickle, i've got to stick with siding with water on this one. Who they hell runs away and takes the kid over one silly fight. Come on.
Someone who's on meds? Which he's aware of?

If shes a crazy bitch you need to accomodate this to an extent. She needs to get back on her meds, and you cant expect her to act normal until she does.

And about the jewelry being a non issue.
Old 04-26-2006, 04:35 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by s_jack
I don't need saving.
That's not the point.....**putting cape on tight**
Old 04-26-2006, 04:37 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by kurt_bradley
I used that word in a sentence the other day with a couple friends and they just looked at me funny. I forget sometimes that we have our own little language and references on here.
I wont even say it.....
Old 04-26-2006, 04:38 PM
Banned

Actually what Water-S needs to do is punch that bitch in the neck.....choke her...and then take his daughter and tell that bitch to never come around again...
Old 04-26-2006, 04:40 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by moomaster_99
That's not the point.....**putting cape on tight**
Old 04-26-2006, 04:42 PM
Team Owner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by fdl
@ minched. We need a smiley for that.
JC made one but it's on my work PC.
Old 04-26-2006, 05:06 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 39 Likes on 30 Posts
minched, that's beautiful. Come on AD, you gotta post that.
Old 04-26-2006, 10:52 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by CKcentral
I think M TYPE X NEEDS his meds and forgot them.
I think you're in a state of denial.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/ohio/1935-re-ohio-2.html

NOTE: The city-data site DOES NOT have any data on per-capita wife jewelry collections. But, if they did, it would be right up there with unemployment statistics and aggrevated assaults ... and tractor ownership rates!
'More bling: more blight'

... not that Water-S really lives in a 'city.'
It's more like a country road with "hot sluts" !!

I feel bad for beating on Ohio when it's down.

^^ should have been in red text!

Last edited by M TYPE X; 04-26-2006 at 10:56 PM.
Old 04-27-2006, 08:46 AM
ric
Safety Car

Originally Posted by F900
Water -

Only think I can say at this stage is you need to take control of the whole situation, forget about the mother in law...

Seems to me you miss your daugther more than you wife, based on what you have said again seems like your wife don't seem to be mentally 100% all there, and at the end of the day its only hurting you...

Like Sarlacc said, get her on her meds, and get to some couples conseling...If she don't personally i'd start looking at Divorce... Why go thru you life like this, especially @ 24, you should be having fun.

Its clear your doing your part, you wife can't be bothered......
Right on target.

A bipolar who is non-compliant is no long-term solution to being a wife and a mom. Untreated bipolarity is extremely risky, it creates a permanent state of instability in the household, and in its extremes, can result in a depression of suicidal proportions and/or a manic stage that can rack up more credit card debt than Dubya running a war. Bi-polars, whilst not on meds, are entirely egocentric, self-focused and self-absorbed, unaware of the chaos they create, and unrepentant when their behavior is presented to them. THere is really no room for negotiation with this condition.

The deal needs to be very straightforward; she is either medically compliant and stays that way, or you walk, and you walk taking the kid for the kid's sake. No inbetween ground, no vacillation, no strum un drang with the inlaws, who sound like a dysfunctional basket case of crazed goodies, just the ultimatum with a very good lawyer in tow. Then, given that she probably will not choose medical compliance, deliver on the ultimatum and walk. Carefully presented, her untreated mental illness makes her an unfit mother. Period.
Old 04-27-2006, 08:56 AM
ric
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Water-S
update for Tues: She's living down at her mom's. She's suppose to call later and tell me what exactly going on. She left me a note while I was at work in the house claiming she changed her address to her mom's address.(ouch) She took the keys(to my Accord,Odyssey and house) off her keyring and put the table. Before I was saving and paying on her student loans from her undergrad to become a teacher which I didn't mind doing because she wasn't "going nuts" now she "nuts." I'm going to say "hey it's your issue." it's about 25-30 grand I think. I got a 00 Odyseey I think I'm gonna give myself a treat. I bought that Odyseey from my parents when they bought their 05(new body style). well I think I'm gonna sell the 00 and buy their 05.
Damn. Shoulda read the entire thread. Right now, you have far more important issues at hand than a damn minivan or her bling. It's the kid, dammit. Essentially, what has happened is that your mentally ill wife has hijacked your kid. Take the money you would have spent on bling and vans and hire a damn good lawyer, do the stand-up thing and build a life around being a single dad for now. Your daughter's emotional and possibly physical health are at risk with a non-compliant bipolar mom. Bipolarity rarely improves with age, and her symptomology is illustrating itself early in her life; her non-compliant behavior will only grow worse over time. Cut your losses, secure the future of your kid, and grow a set of brass ones. If it were just you, I'd just suggest you cut your losses, sell the ring and start dating again, but the two of you have a precious kid involved, and that kid should be your central concern. To that end, preserve your own fiscal security as best you can, and dissociate yourself from her finances as soon as you functoinally can, including dismantling joint accounts, severing joint credit cards, etc. Bi-polars in manic stages tend to be shoppers on a grand scale, and have little perspective about the implications of buying two new cars a day......

In the current legal environment, a carefully presented case for unfitness of the mom will lead to your obtaining custody. You need an attorney who understands he information and is fully willing to clobber her in court with it.
Old 04-27-2006, 08:58 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,080 Likes on 661 Posts
Originally Posted by ric
Right on target.

A bipolar who is non-compliant is no long-term solution to being a wife and a mom. Untreated bipolarity is extremely risky, it creates a permanent state of instability in the household, and in its extremes, can result in a depression of suicidal proportions and/or a manic stage that can rack up more credit card debt than Dubya running a war. Bi-polars, whilst not on meds, are entirely egocentric, self-focused and self-absorbed, unaware of the chaos they create, and unrepentant when their behavior is presented to them. THere is really no room for negotiation with this condition.

The deal needs to be very straightforward; she is either medically compliant and stays that way, or you walk, and you walk taking the kid for the kid's sake. No inbetween ground, no vacillation, no strum un drang with the inlaws, who sound like a dysfunctional basket case of crazed goodies, just the ultimatum with a very good lawyer in tow. Then, given that she probably will not choose medical compliance, deliver on the ultimatum and walk. Carefully presented, her untreated mental illness makes her an unfit mother. Period.

ric, great post.

Unfortunately water-s lost you at "right on target"
Old 04-27-2006, 08:58 AM
ric
Safety Car

Originally Posted by NSXNEXT
ric, great post.

Unfortunately water-s lost you at "right on target"
I know

I did avoid this thread for a very long time, but I was sucked in, with the power of Water-s's stream of consciousness thinking. It is a marvel to behold.
Old 04-27-2006, 09:00 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by ric
Right on target.

Cliff notes:

Unless your wife is going to take her meds every day for the rest of her life, pack up your shit, grab the kid and go.
Old 04-27-2006, 09:02 AM
ric
Safety Car

Originally Posted by NSXNEXT
Cliff notes:

Unless your wife is going to take her meds every day for the rest of her life, pack up your shit, grab the kid and go.
Thank you
Old 04-27-2006, 09:03 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by ric
Thank you

Old 04-27-2006, 09:49 AM
go like hell

i talked with her last night at work during my lunch break on my cell phone. she said "she will go with me ot marriage couselling this Saturday." plus she brings Sierra home to me this weekend. which I'm really excited about. She's dirt poor. she has like 10 bucks in her checking account. she's crying to me she doesn't have any money. I'm not giving her any money. The thing is I've been working 50 hours a week trying to take care of her and Sierra and now she moved out I'm not giving her cash.
she claims I'm being "unfair." I said " move back home if you #1. take your meds #2. do what's expected of you. then you won't have to raise hell about money."
she kept on claiming I make double what she does as a "first year teacher." that I should pay for her gas in her car and all this other shit. I'm like you're the one that moved out. So either deal with it or don't do it.

She's suppose to call Friday early because Friday at work sucks because we have a ISO audit plus Inventory.
Old 04-27-2006, 09:57 AM
Suzuka Master

She forgot to read independent woman rule #1: Do not depend on your man for money.

No offense to you, Water-S, but if she was financially stable she could continue doing what "she thought was right." Luckily for the kid, she does not have that ability.

Sorry. Her complaining about not having money struck a cord with me.
Old 04-27-2006, 10:01 AM
Senior Moderator

Sounds like she's more interested in your money that you. Sounds like marriage counseling is the last resort.
Old 04-27-2006, 10:02 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by SakiGT
She forgot to read independent woman rule #1: Do not depend on your man for money.

No offense to you, Water-S, but if she was financially stable she could continue doing what "she thought was right." Luckily for the kid, she does not have that ability...
In other words Saki agrees that once she comes home you need to lay the smack down. Maybe that will bring her to her senses.
Old 04-27-2006, 10:10 AM
Race Director

Received 15 Likes on 4 Posts

No offense to you, Water-S, but if she was financially stable she could continue doing what "she thought was right." Luckily for the kid, she does not have that ability.

Sorry. Her complaining about not having money struck a cord with me.
independant woman rule #2: independant women almost invariably end up as old maids with only cats to talk to.
Old 04-27-2006, 10:13 AM
Suzuka Master

Actually Water-S' predicament sounds like a typical country music song: She took his money, took his kid, and left him with nothing but a 6 year old Honda Odyssey and a dirty pile of dishes.
Old 04-27-2006, 10:39 AM
GEEZER

Received 2,214 Likes on 1,418 Posts
I say fuck it all and go on jerry springer.
Old 04-27-2006, 10:43 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by zeroday
independant woman rule #2: independant women almost invariably end up as old maids with only cats to talk to.
Cats > Annoying man (redundant, I know) with ED.

Look. Im not saying you cant fall in love, but I think relying on anyone for all of your needs whether it be emotionally, physically, or monetarily (did I spell that right?) isnt a good idea. They may throw it back at you at a later date...as exampled in this thread, actually.
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by SpeedyV6
Actually Water-S' predicament sounds like a typical country music song: She took his money, took his kid, and left him with nothing but a 6 year old Honda Odyssey and a dirty pile of dishes.
i hate country
go like hell

not really I have the house, the Accord, and 1/2 the farm(i get the other 1/2 of the farm when dad passes away which I hope awhile), plus my 4-wheeler, snowmobile and farm machinery.
Old 04-27-2006, 10:45 AM
go like hell

Originally Posted by CKcentral
i hate country
that's all we listen to at work
but what do you expect I work at Botkins Feed and Grain.
Old 04-27-2006, 10:46 AM
Banned

She's a fucking teacher too!?!?! WTF!?!! I will never move to Ohio now....

The only thing you should do is buy stuff for the baby and drop it off at her mom's house...diapers, food, formula, some clothes, toys...etc.

Or you can just make the case that she is mentally unstable and unable to support herself financially much less a child.

Marriage counseling only works if both people want to make it work. She doesnt want to take her meds, which might solve a lot of your problems.....ie, she is not taking the first step to resolve the problem and marriage counseling aint gonna do shit.
Old 04-27-2006, 10:46 AM
Suzuka Master

In other words Saki agrees that once she comes home you need to lay the smack down. Maybe that will bring her to her senses.
Old 04-27-2006, 10:49 AM
go like hell

She's a fucking teacher too!?!?! WTF!?!! I will never move to Ohio now....

The only thing you should do is buy stuff for the baby and drop it off at her mom's house...diapers, food, formula, some clothes, toys...etc.

Or you can just make the case that she is mentally unstable and unable to support herself financially much less a child.

Marriage counseling only works if both people want to make it work. She doesnt want to take her meds, which might solve a lot of your problems.....ie, she is not taking the first step to resolve the problem and marriage counseling aint gonna do shit.
Yep, she's a first year "out" teacher.
Old 04-27-2006, 10:51 AM
Banned

Yep, she's a first year "out" teacher.
This is why the American educational system is the worst.
Old 04-27-2006, 10:55 AM
go like hell

This is why the American educational system is the worst.
she said that she went to one of the best colleges for early childhood education.
she went to Otterbein College.(it's in Westerville,Oh) suburb of Columbus. it's a nice college just expensive as hell. it was like 23 or 25 grand a year.
Old 04-27-2006, 11:02 AM
Banned

she said that she went to one of the best colleges for early childhood education.
she went to Otterbein College.(it's in Westerville,Oh) suburb of Columbus. it's a nice college just expensive as hell. it was like 23 or 25 grand a year.
ECE is simple....spending 25k on it is stupid. Unless she got a PhD.....a degree in ECE from anywhere is gonna be almost the same. Maybe you shouldnt tell us anymore about her......the outlook keeps getting worse.
Old 04-27-2006, 11:21 AM
fdl
Senior Moderator

put on one of these and take care of business. Are you a man or what?

Old 04-27-2006, 11:23 AM
ric
Safety Car

So her brief fling of independence has scared the shit out of her. She will be compliant (maybe) and sounds as if she is going to see a marriage counselor only to appease you.

I'd still: separate your finances from hers
Stop buying her bling and invest in an attorney
MONITOR her medical compliance.

This should be stiffer than "three times/you're out". This is a one-shot, and then it's curtains. Last thing you want is a kid growing up in a household filled with angst about whether mommy is here/there/grandma/nuthouse.
Old 04-27-2006, 11:26 AM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by saiko_cl_duck
minched, that's beautiful. Come on AD, you gotta post that.
Here it is.

Old 04-27-2006, 11:26 AM
fdl
Senior Moderator

Old 04-27-2006, 11:27 AM
fdl
Senior Moderator

although in reality her head is about 5 times the size of that bag.
Old 04-27-2006, 11:30 AM
Cause of power outages...

Cats > Annoying man (redundant, I know) with ED.

Look. Im not saying you cant fall in love, but I think relying on anyone for all of your needs whether it be emotionally, physically, or monetarily (did I spell that right?) isnt a good idea. They may throw it back at you at a later date...as exampled in this thread, actually.
A certain level of reliance in marriage is necessary for it to work. But it's definitely true that a clingy, complete emotional dependance is not a good thing and will result in resentment down the road.

It sounds like Water's wife just wants a sugar daddy to support her even when she's not treating her bipolar disorder. Water, you need to be unequivocal about this situation: if she's not going to treat her disorder, you've got to take your daughter and leave. Not only will her untreated bipolarity adversly affect your daughter, but you as well. And as Ric said, you can't "fix" someone who's bipolar; they need to want treatment, and more than that recognize the importance of treatment to ensure their own stability and the stability of the family.
Old 04-27-2006, 11:37 AM
Team Owner

Just out of curiosity, water, you made a comment on the last page about how you want her to "do what's expected of [her]" - what exactly does this include?
Old 04-27-2006, 11:38 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 39 Likes on 30 Posts
AD, that just made my fawking day

Originally Posted by fdl
although in reality her head is about 5 times flatter than that bag.
fixed

Quick Reply: wife issues