Dating & Relationships Love sucks. Now you can cry about it…

Selfish when on the rag?

Old 07-08-2008, 08:26 AM
Go Giants

Received 1,232 Likes on 822 Posts
Originally Posted by dom
Gibson thought he had problems, Imagine that poor guy.

oh wait....

Old 07-08-2008, 08:30 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GIBSON6594
You're logic is the same as Street Spirits, that's not the point.

The point is that if my dick stopped working for a week once a month I would try to take care of my girl as much as I could so that at least one of us were satisfied.
But her cootch isnt broken!

Lets say once a month your dick bled and she thought it was nasty. How is it then your responsibility to take care of bidness even though SHEs the one with the problem in the first place?
Old 07-08-2008, 08:31 AM

Received 58 Likes on 34 Posts
The point is that if my dick stopped working for a week once a month I would try to take care of my girl as much as I could so that at least one of us were satisfied.
I guess you're learning that not everyone cares as much about your d*ck as you.

Old 07-08-2008, 08:33 AM
My Garage

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by SakiGT
But her cootch isnt broken!

Lets say once a month your dick bled and she thought it was nasty. How is it then your responsibility to take care of bidness even though SHEs the one with the problem in the first place?
I feel that I have a responsibility to please my girl, divorces and breakups have happened for less.

I wouldn't blame her to think it was nasty. I would take care of her when I could and then once my dick stopped bleeding, things could return to normal.
Old 07-08-2008, 08:34 AM
My Garage

Originally Posted by Street Spirit
I guess you're learning that not everyone cares as much about your d*ck as you.

I would hope not...

But like I said, it's not soley about my "dick"
Old 07-08-2008, 08:35 AM
Race Director

Originally Posted by dom
Gibson thought he had problems, Imagine that poor guy.

Old 07-08-2008, 08:38 AM
Suzuka Master

I feel that I have a responsibility to please my girl, divorces and breakups have happened for less.

I wouldn't blame her to think it was nasty. I would take care of her when I could and then once my dick stopped bleeding, things could return to normal.
Sounds like it just wasnt your night then.
Old 07-08-2008, 08:40 AM
My Garage

Sounds like it just wasnt your night then.
One can only hope
Old 07-08-2008, 08:58 AM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I would hope not...

But like I said, it's not soley about my "dick"
To be fair, it is not just about their vagina either. It is not just that it has a pad blocking it and blod coming out of it, that the women on here who are opposing the idea are arguing. They are also arguing that it makes them "feel" different mentally, physically and emotionally...in different ways that are not personally directed at you.

If you want them to see your point, then you must also understand theirs in order to reach a proper conclusion or understanding of this particular subject.

Women and men react differently to the same thing. Hormones play a significant role in that, and when it's that time of the month, you get a lot of different women even on that subject. For instance, I have female friends that say stay away from them on that time of the month. Because of a lot of reasons stated here. But I also know females who will fuck your brains out, like Saki suggests, when it's that time of the month. Makes them hornier! So different strokes for different folks. There is no rule of thumb applied here.

Women are different man. Some women play sports, some don't wanna break a nail. Some women climb and hike. Some don't want to walk or do anything but start the car. Some will play basketball with you, wrestle you and let their hair down. Some think that it is unlady-like. But when it is that time of the month...that is a whole different animal. It affects women differently as well, but based on how they are built and how they feel. So you can pick a girl that is a slut for three weeks, and then like don't touch me for that one week. It's not personal, it's just her DNA man.

Point is...date the kind that you like, that will do what you like, without putting down the rest. That's why we "date" so we can get the kind we like!
Old 07-08-2008, 09:07 AM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

I forgot to add this thought:

So you can think about it objectively, there are some women who would not date a guy like you. One who has expectations of them when it's that time of the month. But then there are women who are glad that there are some men out there who aren't afraid of them on that time of the month. Who don't feel bloated or dirty and are happy you don't think of them that way either. Both of those kind of women posted here in this thread. See what I mean?

A woman who won't do anything that time of the month is just wrong for you...not wrong overall. Just find you one that will and you will both be happy, instead of just you.
Old 07-08-2008, 09:12 AM
Old Man Yelling at Clouds

Received 7,362 Likes on 3,906 Posts
I agree with all this. This is the type of response that is the most respected by me.
Thanks! I wish you the best on this...

Speaking to the recent posts, this conversation seems very pre-occupied with the one issue of her having a period. Over time, there is going to be a LONG list of things that interfere with one's sex life just as much, if not more, than having a period. I don't think this is simply a question about what to do with yourself for 2-3 days once a month. It's a larger question of how both of you deal with the other's needs when one of you isn't in the mood for what ever reason. Sometimes that could mean respecting the other enough to "take one for the team" and meet a need, and other times it could mean respecting the other enough to not make any demands and let them be. In a long-term relationship and/or marriage, the phyisical is only one aspect of the relationship. If you treat it as the main aspect, these relationships have trouble because they rise and fall based on the physical contact. Getting back to the OP's original comment about entertaining the thought of breaking up - you can see how fragile a thing this is to base a relationship on. Love the woman first, and you'll find that your needs can be met in a variety of ways that may not involve getting naked.
Old 07-08-2008, 09:14 AM
Old Man Yelling at Clouds

Received 7,362 Likes on 3,906 Posts
Originally Posted by darksom1
A woman who won't do anything that time of the month is just wrong for you...not wrong overall. Just find you one that will and you will both be happy, instead of just you.
I think that's a very good point.
Old 07-09-2008, 02:01 AM
Custom User Title

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Ugh, after my girlfriend neglected to tell me she wasn't completely done her
"cycle" and I had a crimson cock, I decided to chill with worrying about that one week of the month.

If it's that big of a deal, suggest that she gets that shot that makes her a get her period 4 times a year, I mean she could get cancer or some shit from it, but fuck it, you want your ass right?
Old 07-09-2008, 07:38 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Gnate
Ugh, after my girlfriend neglected to tell me she wasn't completely done her
"cycle" and I had a crimson cock, I decided to chill with worrying about that one week of the month.

If it's that big of a deal, suggest that she gets that shot that makes her a get her period 4 times a year, I mean she could get cancer or some shit from it, but fuck it, you want your ass right?
1) lulz @ you
2) Birth control decreases the chance of cervical cancer - by as much as 80% if taken for more than 10 years. Youre thinking of hormones used to promote egg production when the ladies are selling them to infertile couples.
3) ass pirate
Old 07-09-2008, 08:20 AM
My Garage

Well the birthday went well
Old 07-09-2008, 09:42 AM
Team Owner

Received 598 Likes on 416 Posts
Well the birthday went well
Old 07-09-2008, 10:29 AM
ur as welcome as cancer

1) lulz @ you
2) Birth control decreases the chance of cervical cancer - by as much as 80% if taken for more than 10 years. Youre thinking of hormones used to promote egg production when the ladies are selling them to infertile couples.
3) ass pirate
"There are a number of side effects and potential health risks associated with the use of hormonal contraceptives.

Common Side Effects for Combination Contraceptives
o Weight gain
o Increase or decrease in acne
o Nausea and vomiting (particularly for the first few cycles)
o Dizziness
o Headaches
o Depression
o Vaginal infections
o High blood pressure
o Loss of libido
Less Common Serious Health Complications
o Blood clots in legs, lungs, heart or brain
o Stroke
o Liver tumors (rare)
o Heart attacks
o Gallstones (rare)
o Jaundice (rare)
o Possibly cervical cancer
Common Side Effects for Progestin Only Contraceptives
o Spotting and irregular vaginal bleeding
o Longer periods
o Amenorrhea for extend periods
o Headaches
o Anxiety and nervousness
o Pain in lower abdominals
o Dizziness
o Loss of libido
o Depression
o Skin rash or darkened patches of skin
o Appetite changes
o Weight gain
o Tender breasts
o Increase or decrease in facial and body hair
o Possibly hair loss
o Vaginal discharge
o Bone density loss
o Enlarged ovarian follicles
o Pain or itching (usually for a brief period of time)
o Norplant users: infection at the site of implantation
o Ectopic pregnancy
o Certain cancers"

And not too many people will take it for 10 years; even if you lower your cervical cancer risk, you massively increase your breast cancer risk...so really...
Old 07-09-2008, 10:33 AM
ur as welcome as cancer

"How do birth control pills affect your risk of cancer?

Scientific evidence suggests using birth control pills for longer periods of time increases your risk of some cancers, such as cervical cancer and liver cancer, but it also decreases your risk of other types of cancer, including ovarian cancer and endometrial cancer.

The effect of birth control pills on breast cancer risk isn't quite clear. However, some studies do show a link between pill use and breast cancer. Key factors seem to be how many years you take the pill and how recently you last used the pill. In one study, use of birth control pills led to a higher risk of premenopausal breast cancer in women who took the pill for four or more years before having a baby. Other evidence suggests that 10 or more years after you stop taking the pill, your breast cancer risk returns to the same level as if you had never taken birth control pills."

Mayo Clinic

Please learn before you speak my dear.
Old 07-09-2008, 10:49 AM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Not fair! An e-cat fight! I can't see nothing!!!!
Old 07-09-2008, 01:15 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by arstraub

Please learn before you speak my dear.
Just because you dont use it, doesnt mean it aint safe, hun.

All that info you just copied and pasted, is the normal dose birth control (estrogen and progesterone) - which isnt what is being suggested here.

Low dose progesterone is perfectly fine - have some risks associated, but nothing as terrifying as you are suggesting.

his scrutiny has produced a wealth of data on OC use and the development of certain cancers, although results of these studies have not always been consistent.
and

The results, which were published in 2002, indicated that current or former use of OCs did not significantly increase the risk of breast cancer
http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/f...contraceptives
Old 07-09-2008, 01:21 PM
Race Director

Received 15 Likes on 4 Posts
just imagine if we had as many women on this forum as men. it would be utter mayhem. cat fights galore.

why do women hate each other so much
Old 07-09-2008, 01:26 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by zeroday
just imagine if we had as many women on this forum as men. it would be utter mayhem. cat fights galore.

why do women hate each other so much
Why do you think I hang out with guys all the time?

So condescending to me - without any basis for it. It just makes me lol.
Old 07-09-2008, 07:03 PM
Custom User Title

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
"There are a number of side effects and potential health risks associated with the use of hormonal contraceptives.

Common Side Effects for Combination Contraceptives
o Weight gain
o Nausea and vomiting (particularly for the first few cycles)
o Dizziness
o Headaches
o Depression
o Vaginal infections
o High blood pressure
o Loss of libido
o Blood clots in legs, lungs, heart or brain
o Stroke
o Liver tumors (rare)
o Heart attacks
o Gallstones (rare)
o Jaundice (rare)
o Possibly cervical cancer
Common Side Effects for Progestin Only Contraceptives
o Spotting and irregular vaginal bleeding
o Longer periods
o Amenorrhea for extend periods
o Headaches
o Anxiety and nervousness
o Pain in lower abdominals
o Dizziness
o Loss of libido
o Depression
o Skin rash or darkened patches of skin
o Appetite changes
o Weight gain
o Tender breasts
o Increase or decrease in facial and body hair
o Possibly hair loss
o Vaginal discharge
o Bone density loss
o Enlarged ovarian follicles
o Pain or itching (usually for a brief period of time)
o Norplant users: infection at the site of implantation
o Ectopic pregnancy
o Certain cancers"

And not too many people will take it for 10 years; even if you lower your cervical cancer risk, you massively increase your breast cancer risk...so really...
thanks for getting my back
Old 07-09-2008, 07:14 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

So nobody is gonna rip anything off?

What the hell kind of catfight is this?????

Didn't I heard somebody say something about somebody mama? Get her ass!!
Old 07-10-2008, 10:12 AM
ur as welcome as cancer

Just because you dont use it, doesnt mean it aint safe, hun.

All that info you just copied and pasted, is the normal dose birth control (estrogen and progesterone) - which isnt what is being suggested here.

Low dose progesterone is perfectly fine - have some risks associated, but nothing as terrifying as you are suggesting.

and

http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/f...contraceptives
What the heck does that have to do with anything? It even says on the packages what can happen. I'm not suggesting anything "terrifying", it didn't scare me away; we're all going to die somehow, regardless. Low dose is better, yes, but most girls generally start out on normal dose. Some girls whose bodies still don't get the hint that they're on bc have to stick with the normal ones, sorry, didn't know you were only talking to the group on low dose. I think you probably just don't like condoms and are willing to say whatever you can to not give a crap about the girl. Sure, it may increase your risk, but only a little, so who cares? WHO CARES? Obviously you don't care about the wellbeing of whomever you're having sex with.
Old 07-10-2008, 10:14 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
Meoooww....
Old 07-10-2008, 10:18 AM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

What the heck does that have to do with anything? It even says on the packages what can happen. I'm not suggesting anything "terrifying", it didn't scare me away; we're all going to die somehow, regardless. Low dose is better, yes, but most girls generally start out on normal dose. Some girls whose bodies still don't get the hint that they're on bc have to stick with the normal ones, sorry, didn't know you were only talking to the group on low dose. I think you probably just don't like condoms and are willing to say whatever you can to not give a crap about the girl. Sure, it may increase your risk, but only a little, so who cares? WHO CARES? Obviously you don't care about the wellbeing of whomever you're having sex with.

Pssttt...astraub...Saki is a girl.
Old 07-10-2008, 10:18 AM
My Garage

Wait, do you not know Saki was a girl?

You're ruining this for all of us.
Old 07-10-2008, 10:22 AM
ur as welcome as cancer

Who cares, she's wrong.
Old 07-10-2008, 10:22 AM

Received 58 Likes on 34 Posts
Yeah, Saki!! You don't care at all about getting your partner pregnant!! Pfff.
Old 07-10-2008, 10:25 AM
My Garage

Who cares, she's wrong.
who care's who is right or wrong?

Get angry, tell her off, call her a dirty slut...
Old 07-10-2008, 10:26 AM
ur as welcome as cancer

It may not significantly increase your risk of anything if you're on low dose, but an insignificant risk isn't "no risk"
Old 07-10-2008, 10:27 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
who care's who is right or wrong?

Get angry, tell her off, call her a dirty slut...

You are selfish.
Old 07-10-2008, 10:28 AM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Snatch her weave...weave her snatch...do something!

Fight! Fight! Fight!

Ya'll better not be friends by the time I get home from work dammit!
Old 07-10-2008, 10:30 AM
ur as welcome as cancer

I think too though that it just depends on the girl who takes it. You can tell me that if I get off it I can have kids within 6 mos. or whatever, but I still think it'll take several years. Any insignificant increase in my cell's ability to go psycho is enough for me since I know it's all coming anyways. I guess I just feel like whatever insignificant risk, lets say it makes 1 cell group to another in your entire body, that's enough to start something. I don't know what all you've seen or been through, but reading that it could increase my risk of getting the cancer I just watched someone die from is enough to make me worry about it.
Old 07-10-2008, 11:18 AM
Suzuka Master

Cool

I chose to step outside my front door today and breathe in toxic fumes, travel 60mph with cars weighing 1-2 tons and expose myself to the infared rays of the sun that could morph my DNA too. Hell, yesterday I got a vaccine that could kill me or make me autistic if you believe that shit.

Its called taking a calculated risk. Doesnt mean Im wrong.
Old 07-10-2008, 11:24 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Street Spirit
Yeah, Saki!! You don't care at all about getting your partner pregnant!! Pfff.
I make him wrap it too just in case! Gosh, Im such a bitch!
Old 07-10-2008, 04:21 PM
ur as welcome as cancer

I chose to step outside my front door today and breathe in toxic fumes, travel 60mph with cars weighing 1-2 tons and expose myself to the infared rays of the sun that could morph my DNA too. Hell, yesterday I got a vaccine that could kill me or make me autistic if you believe that shit.

Its called taking a calculated risk. Doesnt mean Im wrong.
I mean you're wrong about the risks, I think there's more to it than just a slight increase for certain things. And while I do understand that there are "risky" things in everyday life, most of them you can't do anything about or would have to dramatically change your lifestyle in order to avoid. Taking bc is a choice, walking out the front door to live your normal life would not necessarily be considered a choice, because as I said, you'd have to change your lifestyle in order to avoid it.
Old 07-11-2008, 07:02 AM
Suzuka Master

Low dose birth control takes a lot a bite out of the monthly symptoms. Even I thought I had "normal" symptoms but man, its nice not to cry 3 times a day prior to your cycle and not to be cramping 3 days out of the month. People are on it not just because you dont have kiddies.

So for me, as well as most women who decide to take it, quality of life increases. Not to mention you have a backup plan if the condom breaks. And seeing as how the condom is <80% effective...Id say thats important.

Im done here.
Old 07-11-2008, 07:18 AM
Team Owner

Received 3,864 Likes on 2,031 Posts
And seeing as how the condom is <80% effective...
More like the people who try to use condoms are <80% effective.

My wife and I used condoms as our exclusive birth control for 8 years. Once we decided to have a baby -- bam no more than one month in either case.

They are very effective when used consistently and properly.

Quick Reply: Selfish when on the rag?