Dating & Relationships Love sucks. Now you can cry about it…

came home and she left me!

Old 02-15-2010, 10:15 PM
Chapter Leader (South Florida Region)

Received 19,991 Likes on 14,500 Posts
^^^in the thread 2 posts above it kinda sounded like you DID want her to find out.
Anyway...the ex shouldn't even be in the equation, no matter what. You found someone new, enjoy that and see if that can go somewhere. The fact that you have an ex that happens to work near her should be completely irrelevant and incidental if it ever gets brought up.

^^^comment came in as I was writing, but I was thinking the same thing! You're too young to have ageism! It sounded pretty snobby to be 34 and saying you guess you'd give a 30 year old a chance. We all were, will be or are going to be 30 at some point!
Old 02-15-2010, 10:26 PM
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by rockstar143
^^^in the thread 2 posts above it kinda sounded like you DID want her to find out.
Anyway...the ex shouldn't even be in the equation, no matter what. You found someone new, enjoy that and see if that can go somewhere. The fact that you have an ex that happens to work near her should be completely irrelevant and incidental if it ever gets brought up.

^^^comment came in as I was writing, but I was thinking the same thing! You're too young to have ageism! It sounded pretty snobby to be 34 and saying you guess you'd give a 30 year old a chance. We all were, will be or are going to be 30 at some point!
not saying i'm too good for a 30 year old, i've just never traveled down this path before, my oldest g/f was 27 and she was pretty awesome! she was just to much into me, and i didn't feel the same way.
Old 02-16-2010, 06:38 AM
Safety Car

Received 312 Likes on 198 Posts
Originally Posted by EVOLICARUS
not saying i'm too good for a 30 year old, i've just never traveled down this path before, my oldest g/f was 27 and she was pretty awesome! she was just to much into me, and i didn't feel the same way.

Now, maybe, you know how your recent Ex felt. A 30 yo will be so much more mature and most likely will appreciate who you are and reward you with the kindness and attention that a good relationship develops. I wish you luck and happiness.
Old 02-16-2010, 06:56 AM

For sure...I think that when you find someone that you're as into as they are into you...that'll be the end. But you have to experience both to realize it. And it sounds like you have. Good luck, friend. I personally promote the internet as a viable place to meet people as the girl I've been with for almost 3 years and now live with was thru match.com and I couldn't be happier.
Old 02-16-2010, 08:21 AM
Great. Now he's loose.

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
Good luck from an old lady.

Oh, the picture in my ava is me. If it's too bright to see it well now, check it later. 30 is not old. She may turn into the best thing you've had so far. I think you'll appreciate the maturity.
Old 02-16-2010, 10:32 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by rockstar143
For sure...I think that when you find someone that you're as into as they are into you...that'll be the end. But you have to experience both to realize it. And it sounds like you have. Good luck, friend. I personally promote the internet as a viable place to meet people as the girl I've been with for almost 3 years and now live with was thru match.com and I couldn't be happier.
i started up match.com and have a few girls that look decent email me already, its only been 2 days...i could be overwhelmed here with to much...
Old 02-16-2010, 11:16 AM

Take your time...first things first...separate the ones you're attracted too then narrow it down by reading the profile to see if you're compatible. Nothing concrete yet...start email...then phone...then meet for coffee. If it is jamming thus far go for dinner and see what happens. I had a few prospects initially but once I met my gf...it became clear that she was the only one I was interested in.

GG...your avatar is amazing. From someone that has been friendly with older women in my younger days let me tell you...keep doing what you do and keep 44 looking great!

J.
Old 02-16-2010, 11:40 AM
Team Owner

Received 599 Likes on 417 Posts
i actually have a date set up for this wed with a 30 year old.. she is pretty hot for 30.. i don't go this high in age usually, however its time to explore other things.. And to be honest she works down the hallway from my EX... this is going to be great!!
Stop dating women you work with.

And 30 is not old. I got to a point when I was single that I just couldn't stand the immaturity of women in their low 20's. I hated the drama. I think you are seeing that now.
Old 02-16-2010, 12:38 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 669 Likes on 391 Posts
^what he said I would stop dating women you work with.
Old 02-17-2010, 07:23 AM
Pro

just to clarify a little, i work in the mall.... i'm a general manger at a store in there, and my ex is a store manager at kays jewelry, so its technically not the same store, but the same building.. She can see me coming and going everyday, since our stores are only about 100 feet from each other. And this is the easiest place to meet women, since there are so many to choose from.. I don't like going out to bars or clubs, i did that in my 20s and i'm over that scene.. So this is the best place for me to get to know someone sober.

so this other woman is another store manager also at a location that is directly across from my ex's store. I haven't gone into the store where the new girl works yet, just didn't want my ex to see me talking to another girl. i still have honor and respect for her even though she did all this shit to me..

so anyways, i come back from lunch yesterday, and i walked into the store and noticed one of my assistant managers talking to the new girl that must have decided to stop in to see me, and they were up front talking, so i went over and started up a convo with the new girl and was laughing and being me!!! and what do i see walking down the hallway was my ex g/f looking in the store at me and her laughing and having a good time, so my ex just keeps on walking... My ex knows that this girl has been somewhat interested in me a few months ago, when she overheard some of her employees talking about this girl across the hall that was cute and was in my store talking to me a few months ago, i just blew it off and said yeah, she comes in to shop and thats it... but this time you could tell my ex saw us talking and it just wasn't due to customer service.. O well.......i have a date tonight with her...and i'll post back on how it went..its alot easier when other women are around to help
Old 02-17-2010, 08:16 AM
Suzuka Master

just to clarify a little, i work in the mall.... i'm a general manger at a store in there, and my ex is a store manager at kays jewelry, so its technically not the same store, but the same building.. She can see me coming and going everyday, since our stores are only about 100 feet from each other. And this is the easiest place to meet women, since there are so many to choose from.. I don't like going out to bars or clubs, i did that in my 20s and i'm over that scene.. So this is the best place for me to get to know someone sober.

so this other woman is another store manager also at a location that is directly across from my ex's store. I haven't gone into the store where the new girl works yet, just didn't want my ex to see me talking to another girl. i still have honor and respect for her even though she did all this shit to me..

so anyways, i come back from lunch yesterday, and i walked into the store and noticed one of my assistant managers talking to the new girl that must have decided to stop in to see me, and they were up front talking, so i went over and started up a convo with the new girl and was laughing and being me!!! and what do i see walking down the hallway was my ex g/f looking in the store at me and her laughing and having a good time, so my ex just keeps on walking... My ex knows that this girl has been somewhat interested in me a few months ago, when she overheard some of her employees talking about this girl across the hall that was cute and was in my store talking to me a few months ago, i just blew it off and said yeah, she comes in to shop and thats it... but this time you could tell my ex saw us talking and it just wasn't due to customer service.. O well.......i have a date tonight with her...and i'll post back on how it went..its alot easier when other women are around to help
who cares if she sees you talking to another girl. she broke up with you, what you do is your business. i dont see how thats having honor and respect for her.
Old 02-17-2010, 08:23 AM
Team Owner

^^^

OK that's a bit more understandable. And I can see why you have a thing younger girls working at a mall.
Old 02-17-2010, 08:25 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by ravinjcls
^^^

ok that's a bit more understandable. And i can see why you have a thing younger girls working at a mall.
+1
Old 02-17-2010, 09:11 AM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Received 4,463 Likes on 3,057 Posts
Good luck on the date, who cares about your ex, keep the wheels pointed forward
Old 02-17-2010, 09:13 AM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by 97BlackAckCL
Good luck on the date, who cares about your ex, keep the wheels pointed forward....
Then back up....go forward....back up.....go forward....maybe drive round back....you get the picture?
Old 02-17-2010, 10:36 AM
The Third Ball

Received 4,953 Likes on 2,637 Posts
This all sounds like 16 year old high school drama bullshit.

You sure youre 34?
Old 02-17-2010, 10:37 AM
Chapter Leader (Southern Region)

Received 11,842 Likes on 8,573 Posts
Old 02-17-2010, 10:52 PM
Pro

ok, today was a bad day. I had to cancel the date. it just didn't feel right.. i have no idea what my ex is doing with her time, as far as i know she could be banging a dude right now. but my feelings are still strong for her, and as soon as the time came closer for the date tonight i called her and asked her if we could reschedule, and she said yes. i just said some family stuff came up and i needed to head to my moms house tonight. i've been thinking about my ex all day and i still worry about her health and happiness. i have no idea why i feel this way, i just truly loved her..i'm so confused! this isn't easy!
Old 02-17-2010, 11:56 PM
e92 335i

Received 54 Likes on 33 Posts
ok, today was a bad day. I had to cancel the date. it just didn't feel right.. i have no idea what my ex is doing with her time, as far as i know she could be banging a dude right now. but my feelings are still strong for her, and as soon as the time came closer for the date tonight i called her and asked her if we could reschedule, and she said yes. i just said some family stuff came up and i needed to head to my moms house tonight. i've been thinking about my ex all day and i still worry about her health and happiness. i have no idea why i feel this way, i just truly loved her..i'm so confused! this isn't easy!
wow dude u think shes fucking another dude but u still love her?

like jay-z says "on to the next one"
Old 02-18-2010, 12:16 AM

Old 02-18-2010, 12:30 AM
One on the right for me

Received 271 Likes on 173 Posts
she is fucking another dude. get over it. move on.
Old 02-18-2010, 12:46 AM
The Third Ball

Received 4,953 Likes on 2,637 Posts
Originally Posted by subinf

Some big ol' ethnic cock ringing her G-spot like a church bell.
Old 02-18-2010, 02:45 AM
Suzuka Master

Wow are you serious? That girl could give a fuck about you and your still putting your life on hold because of her.
Old 02-18-2010, 02:53 AM
Pro

i just think that my feelings at the point when she left where the strongest they have ever been, because at that point i didn't see it coming and i thought we have worked out everything from the past and was looking toward the future.. like i said in the very first post, i felt blindsided!

going on dates sounds great and all, but i know i just wouldn't be into the date and it would be a waste of time for me and her, i have to be 100% percent over her in order to move on, i just need time to myself first
Old 02-18-2010, 08:08 AM
Team Owner

I just need to get laid and time to myself first

The get laid part helps a bit, but you do need time to yourself. Learn how to be happy by yourself before you get involved with someone else.
Old 02-18-2010, 08:27 AM
Outnumbered at home

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Sarlacc
This all sounds like 16 year old high school drama bullshit.

You sure youre 34?

Damn man, I can't believe you are in your 30's and letting a girl get to you like this. Move on, life is full of shit and shine stop focusing on the shit.
Old 02-18-2010, 08:30 AM
GEEZER

Received 2,214 Likes on 1,418 Posts

Old 02-18-2010, 08:33 AM
Suzuka Master

Old 02-18-2010, 09:06 AM
Pro

its damm hard to move the f ON when i have to see her face everyday!!! its like the ultimate punishment... this is another reason why i cancelled my date last night...its just not a good idea to date another person so close to work...
Old 02-18-2010, 09:26 AM

You've lost all respect.. seriously you need to hold it together.. you should be flipping that bitch off & telling her to get lost in the deepest darkest part of your ass hole. There's nothing wrong with dating someone in the same building. Go get your willy wet & stop crying over some bitch who doesn't give a fuck about you except to have you wrapped around her finger while she's getting gang banged.
Old 02-18-2010, 09:57 AM

If you're feeling that way, it's probably better that you did postpone the date. But don't be blind to the fact that you're letting opportunity pass you by. Nothing wrong with telling the other girl about your ex and that you'd prefer not to stir up crap at work and that you're emotionally a little hurt right now so maybe you could keep it casual and on the DL.

Tell her though, that you'd still like to get to know her, and take things slow. Go grab dinner, check out a movie and then things will take their natural course. That way there's no feeling of pressure on your part, and there's no mystery as to how you feel on hers. Baby steps, friend.

You'll be upset at yourself that you let opportunity slip by when you take your rose colored shades off.

Remember...it's counter intuitive but as soon as you CAN'T have something...you MUST have it!
Old 02-18-2010, 11:45 AM
Old Man Yelling at Clouds

Received 7,362 Likes on 3,906 Posts
its damm hard to move the f ON when i have to see her face everyday!!! its like the ultimate punishment... this is another reason why i cancelled my date last night...its just not a good idea to date another person so close to work...
I just started the thread with page 6 so apologies if I missed something.

I'm getting the sense you are hung up on the idea of what you two could have been, not how she really is (which is defined by how she's acting toward you now). Sounds like your fighting with an idea that's in your head. Your ex IS how she is treating you right now. Period.

If she blindsided you, I know that can be tough. But then again, if you step and evaluate your interactions leading up to it I bet there were signs. The problem is if the signs are contradictory to the vision of her you have in your head, they get ignored.

Don't let good things pass you by because of anyone's "rules" about when and where, including your own. If you meet someone at work, great. You just have to deal with the relationship in a more responsible manner, that's all.

Also, don't be the subject of this girl's post on some other forum. "I met this great guy and he asked me out, then he cancelled for some "family" reason. I'm sensing drama. Maybe this is a mistake....".
Old 02-19-2010, 08:21 AM
Team Owner

Dude - any chance you can transfer to another store? It seems like even though this chick is not worth it, you are going to beat yourself up over this. Maybe that will help. You need to try to move on.
Old 02-19-2010, 10:09 AM
Pro

can't transfer! i'm the store manager so that is not an option. i'm just going to park on the opposite side of the building and come in another entrance so i don't have to walk past her store everyday, its a little bit of a longer walk, but its worth it.. i have good days and bad days...i just need to find that one hot chic that doesn't work around me and doesn't know anyone i know.. this would help
Old 02-19-2010, 10:19 AM
I got the Shifts

Received 230 Likes on 163 Posts
Originally Posted by svtmike
Do you think he accidentally?
he accidentally the whole thing
Old 02-19-2010, 10:27 AM
I got the Shifts

Received 230 Likes on 163 Posts
Originally Posted by subinf
we've all fucked her already.
Old 02-19-2010, 10:38 AM

Epic beard man definitely hit it.
Old 02-20-2010, 12:23 PM
Pro

just had a heart to heart with myself and told myself to move the F on!! this is crazy.. i'm going to join a gym today and start on making myself look and feel better!!

i called the ex on monday, and she said she thought she wanted marriage and kids and to live with me, and when she was staying with me everynight for a couple of months, she realized she didn't want that anymore.... O well, at least i got the closure i wanted! time to move on!!
Old 02-20-2010, 12:53 PM
Go Giants

Received 1,234 Likes on 823 Posts
suite...
Old 02-20-2010, 01:38 PM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Received 4,463 Likes on 3,057 Posts
just had a heart to heart with myself and told myself to move the F on!! this is crazy.. i'm going to join a gym today and start on making myself look and feel better!!

i called the ex on monday, and she said she thought she wanted marriage and kids and to live with me, and when she was staying with me everynight for a couple of months, she realized she didn't want that anymore.... O well, at least i got the closure i wanted! time to move on!!
Good, move on, she doesn't feel it any more, now take out the other hottie and report back

Quick Reply: came home and she left me!