Dating & Relationships Love sucks. Now you can cry about it…

BIGG problem... got a girl pregnant

Old 09-03-2004, 10:56 AM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Always Dirty
A big to whoever gave me negative rep for this post. May all your children be flipper babies you religious fanatic you.
is that religious fanatic thing a hint??? b/c if it were sith or I, we would sign our name
Old 09-03-2004, 10:58 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by mfkitson
Just an old guys opinion, I agree with the others that say, don't marry unless YOU and SHE are ready, it has to be a mutual thing or it will only hurt all of you in the long term. If she wants to have the baby, it's her decision, I hope you will be a participant in the upbringing of the child, I hope. Please make sure you understand your obligations, legal as well as moral. It sucks that this happens, but you are not the only one, and believe it or not, you will survive, and I suspect, be a better person for it. Hang in there guy, you really will make it. Just buck up and accept the situation. Again, only marry her if you really really think you are both ready. Best wishes and best of luck in your new future.
totally agree...kids have a way of bring out the best in a person(most of the time) and yes, it will be harder, but it will also be that much more incentive for you not to give up your dreams and to really make a good life for your child...God bless and you will be in our prayers....let us know if there is anything you need....
Old 09-03-2004, 11:15 AM
Team Owner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DarkSithGirl
is that religious fanatic thing a hint??? b/c if it were sith or I, we would sign our name

Not at all - I know you and Sith are good, rational people. I know that others are not. You have the whole god thing going on pretty strong but still seem to respect the opinions of others. No worries DSG.
Old 09-03-2004, 11:50 AM
Team Owner

Not at all - I know you and Sith are good, rational people. I know that others are not. You have the whole god thing going on pretty strong but still seem to respect the opinions of others. No worries DSG.
Actually, after looking back at my rep and seeing the OTHER negative I have now, signed SithGirl, it looks like you jumped to conclusions anyway. Consider the positive I gave you just in case you took my post the wrong way a gift. If I placed more value in these things than I do I'd tell you to go fuck yourself, but since I don't I'll just tell you to keep your religious spewings to yourself - nobody wants to hear it and it does nothing but make people think you're another asshole trying to convert them to their little cult.
Old 09-03-2004, 01:11 PM
Mazda3 and Honda Civic in

Originally Posted by SilviaGTO

I dont know. I find that most people who didnt want to have a kid turn out end up saying it was the best thing that ever happened to them.

I have heard this many times. the girl I am with now has a little boy and its not even mine and I have grown so attached to him its not even funny. The boy does not really have a male fifgure in his life besides me.
Old 09-03-2004, 08:19 PM
Race Director

I didnt give you the negative.

While i dont agree 100 % with you AD, thats your opinion. you only deserve negatives for. one of the million other things you do on the board lol.
Old 09-03-2004, 08:38 PM
Registered Big Dog

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by rezurex
crazy ass dilemma now...

it seems that my girl is having lots of emotional ethical issues with the abortion... last night she told me that she didn't think that she could go through with it. she proceeded to tell me that she wanted to have the kid.

not sure what to do...

-rez

just keep ur head up bro
Old 09-03-2004, 08:45 PM
COME AT ME BRO!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
damm rez it seem ur in a tight spot. i hope all works out for you. you semm like a person with a good head on your shoulders. you are asking all of the right questions. im sure you will come out ontop of this situation. good luck brother
Old 09-04-2004, 12:51 AM
sup

Rez, I can't fathom the situation you're in, and I hope to God that it doesn't happen to me.

I disagree with SilviaGTO and the other pro-lifeers on the board. I agree with you that abortion is the best decision given the circumstances. Maybe i have no morals, but the you two really can't provide for the child at this point. I am adamantly pro-choice, so, (just to let u know) i am clearly biased
Old 09-04-2004, 05:16 AM
Race Director

Originally Posted by ViperrepiV
I am adamantly pro-choice, so, (just to let u know) i am clearly biased

apparently so is his girlfriend. she chose to keep it .
Old 09-06-2004, 11:26 PM
drop em like its hot

lots of stuff been happening.. just wanted to give u guys an update of whats been happening so far

lots of drama... emotions and all that flying around. she didnt speak to me for several days after i talked to her and told her flat out that i dont think that i could handle having a child right now and that it would be in our best interest from many aspects to not have the child. she go insanely mad at me and ignored me for awhile. she called me today and basically told me that i was forcing her to have an abortion, because she believed that i was a complete "asshole" and that she "saw me for who you really are now", that i was really planning on ditching her and the kid later on. this was compltely ridiculous and it hurt me a lot to hear her say that... i got mad but controlled myself becasue i knew that these things that she was saying were not coming from her but from her sorority sisters and her lil sis. upon further reflection it seems that she is psychologically blaming everything onto me in case she does get an abortion, to justify it to herself, in a way absolving herself of the responsibility of the abortion.

im not going to argue with her anymore. if she wants to blame everything onto me im fine with that.

-rez
Old 09-07-2004, 12:37 PM
Banned

lots of stuff been happening.. just wanted to give u guys an update of whats been happening so far

lots of drama... emotions and all that flying around. she didnt speak to me for several days after i talked to her and told her flat out that i dont think that i could handle having a child right now and that it would be in our best interest from many aspects to not have the child. she go insanely mad at me and ignored me for awhile. she called me today and basically told me that i was forcing her to have an abortion, because she believed that i was a complete "asshole" and that she "saw me for who you really are now", that i was really planning on ditching her and the kid later on. this was compltely ridiculous and it hurt me a lot to hear her say that... i got mad but controlled myself becasue i knew that these things that she was saying were not coming from her but from her sorority sisters and her lil sis. upon further reflection it seems that she is psychologically blaming everything onto me in case she does get an abortion, to justify it to herself, in a way absolving herself of the responsibility of the abortion.

im not going to argue with her anymore. if she wants to blame everything onto me im fine with that.

-rez

wow, this is really really bad news for you man. looks like you just signed away the next 18+ years of your life to raising a kid (or at least paying for one if you choose not to be a part of its life) what are both of your parents going to say about all this? does anyone know yet? you are in for some hard times ahead here. its a shame she cant come to the conclusion that the best thing for both of you right now is simply to abort. and as others have said, whatever you do, do not marry this girl. this situation has been a catalyst for marraige for many people and it almost inevetably ends disastously and with a broken family and confused kids. you need to continue talking to her about having an abortion, and as far as money is concerned, put it on a credit card or something. pay for it later. this is a serious matter.
Old 09-07-2004, 06:16 PM
Safety Car

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
bad time hommie
Old 09-07-2004, 09:08 PM
Pro

Actually, after looking back at my rep and seeing the OTHER negative I have now, signed SithGirl, it looks like you jumped to conclusions anyway. Consider the positive I gave you just in case you took my post the wrong way a gift. If I placed more value in these things than I do I'd tell you to go fuck yourself, but since I don't I'll just tell you to keep your religious spewings to yourself - nobody wants to hear it and it does nothing but make people think you're another asshole trying to convert them to their little cult.
don't have to convert anyone dude....and last time I checked...free speech!
Old 09-07-2004, 09:24 PM
COME AT ME BRO!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
dammt that sux rez hang in there brother. if she does end up with the kid hope you will be apart of its life. every child needs a father who else is gunna teach them to play ball drive a stick pick up females(if its a boy) or kick a guy in the nuts for gettin to rowdy with her( if its a girl). any way best of luck
Old 09-07-2004, 10:45 PM
Go Noles!

don't abort.
Old 09-08-2004, 09:22 AM
Team Owner

don't have to convert anyone dude....and last time I checked...free speech!
Free speech indeed - and freedom of opinion on my part to write you off as another religious fanatic who can't keep their religion to themselves.
Old 09-08-2004, 11:25 PM
Pro

Free speech indeed - and freedom of opinion on my part to write you off as another religious fanatic who can't keep their religion to themselves.
true...enough said..peace to ya
Old 09-09-2004, 08:43 AM
Race Director

-rez
that sucks. no one can make that decision but her.. even if she knows you want an abortion, that cant make her have one. if she has one, its her decision and she cant blame you for that.
it takes two to fuck she got herself into this as much as you.
Old 09-09-2004, 09:01 AM
GEEZER

Received 2,214 Likes on 1,418 Posts
abort.
Old 09-09-2004, 09:02 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by 1killercls
abort.
Old 09-09-2004, 12:53 PM
horny =

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by evilstorm
Old 09-10-2004, 10:34 PM
Burning Brakes

If she keeps the child, its not that bad.
Just do not marry her based on the child!!!!!!!!
Child support is based on combined income, then is adjusted % wise for both. So if she goes after you legally for support, could be anywhere from $50 to $125 per week. This does depend on the state you live in.
However, if you get married and then say divorced, you now face alimony to the ex, plus paying medical to the child, plus paying college, possible daycare, etc.

Definitely get a lawyer consultation in your state, it will be worth the few bucks to know all of your options.

Aside from the money, you can be part of the child's life if you choose to.
Old 09-10-2004, 11:22 PM
East Coast Boost.!

I am not a fan of abortion, but I think in your best interest that would be the best thing. As stated above, once that kid is born that's a commitment that you legally have to stick with for the next 18 years.
One of my co workers who is 19 just had a kid, he thinks it's all good cause he lives with his parents and shit. Once he hits the real world, I can tell that this kid is gonan have a fucked up life. Sad to say, but he doesn't even know his GF and from the case your in, it doesn't sound like you know this chick too well either.
There's always time downt he line to have another kid, it would be better to do it in a financially stable condition.
Old 09-11-2004, 02:32 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by fast_daddy_car
If she keeps the child, its not that bad.
Just do not marry her based on the child!!!!!!!!
Child support is based on combined income, then is adjusted % wise for both. So if she goes after you legally for support, could be anywhere from $50 to $125 per week. This does depend on the state you live in.
However, if you get married and then say divorced, you now face alimony to the ex, plus paying medical to the child, plus paying college, possible daycare, etc.

Definitely get a lawyer consultation in your state, it will be worth the few bucks to know all of your options.

Aside from the money, you can be part of the child's life if you choose to.
you have to provide medical and dental regardless if you marry or not...and just b/c you are married and then divorce doesn't always mean you have to pay alimony...in texas you only pay alimony if you have been married more than 10 years and your spouse hasn't had a job in that time..you should pay for collega anyway....and the child support is for the daycare and such.
Old 09-12-2004, 10:10 PM
Burning Brakes

you have to provide medical and dental regardless if you marry or not...and just b/c you are married and then divorce doesn't always mean you have to pay alimony...in texas you only pay alimony if you have been married more than 10 years and your spouse hasn't had a job in that time..you should pay for collega anyway....and the child support is for the daycare and such.
I should have moved to Texas for my divorce!!!

And college is subjective, my parents didn't give me dime one for college, paid for it all myself. I guess today people plan for it and save for their children.
Old 09-13-2004, 08:57 AM
GEEZER

Received 2,214 Likes on 1,418 Posts
Originally Posted by jimcol711
wow, this is really really bad news for you man. looks like you just signed away the next 18+ years of your life to raising a kid (or at least paying for one if you choose not to be a part of its life) what are both of your parents going to say about all this? does anyone know yet? you are in for some hard times ahead here. its a shame she cant come to the conclusion that the best thing for both of you right now is simply to abort. and as others have said, whatever you do, do not marry this girl. this situation has been a catalyst for marraige for many people and it almost inevetably ends disastously and with a broken family and confused kids. you need to continue talking to her about having an abortion, and as far as money is concerned, put it on a credit card or something. pay for it later. this is a serious matter.

You need to get her to have an abortion or you are way fucked for 18 years.
Old 09-13-2004, 10:03 AM
Houses Won't Depreciate?

I can't believe you guys choose to KILL an incoming baby to the world. Fuck, this is not an "I choose" situation. This is an "I should" situation. Be procative, not reactive.

Because I cannot afford to keep 10 puppies should I give them to the gators sho they can eat them?

Damn, someone else might adopt the kid down the road if you do not want him/her

Old 09-13-2004, 11:04 AM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by zamo
Fuck, this is not an "I choose" situation.
Wrong.
Old 09-13-2004, 11:14 AM
Houses Won't Depreciate?

Wrong.
What are your basis to prove me wrong; to be able to decide to KILL someone.
Old 09-13-2004, 11:16 AM
Team Owner

It's clear that you are way too emotionally wrapped around the KILLing notion to talk about this. Besides, if this is going to be a debate over abortion it belongs in the R&P section, but all I will say at this point is that it is completely legal.
Old 09-13-2004, 11:22 AM
Houses Won't Depreciate?

It's clear that you are way too emotionally wrapped around the KILLing notion to talk about this. Besides, if this is going to be a debate over abortion it belongs in the R&P section, but all I will say at this point is that it is completely legal.
Analogy.

If abortion is legal then it is practiced. If cannabis is NOT legal then it SHOULD NOT be smoked.

I think common sense, rationality and ethics should be combined in the decision. Not only what the law says.
Old 09-13-2004, 11:27 AM
Team Owner

Common sense and rationality would have this fetus being aborted. Ethics is a whole different subjective issue, i.e. your ethics shouldn't affect someone else's decision.

And that analogy was about as useful as an inflatable dartboard.
Old 09-13-2004, 11:34 AM
Houses Won't Depreciate?

I read that a guy tried to kill puppies because he couldn't afford having them, and every single post was against that; and now is the opposite for the new human being.

I cannot understand that.
Old 09-13-2004, 12:49 PM
Team Owner

It's not a human being yet in the eyes of the law and a good percentage of society - that's the difference here. That and puppies don't take 18 years of undevoted attention, financial or otherwise, to raise. It all depends on your beliefs though I think it's safe to say that it's still an uncomfortable topic for everyone.
Old 09-13-2004, 01:07 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by zamo
I can't believe you guys choose to KILL an incoming baby to the world. Fuck, this is not an "I choose" situation. This is an "I should" situation. Be procative, not reactive.

Because I cannot afford to keep 10 puppies should I give them to the gators sho they can eat them?

Damn, someone else might adopt the kid down the road if you do not want him/her

in your case, the puppies are already born. besides, depending on the breed, they can bring in a pretty penny.
Old 09-13-2004, 01:42 PM
Houses Won't Depreciate?

Originally Posted by car_lost
in your case, the puppies are already born. besides, depending on the breed, they can bring in a pretty penny.
born or unborn, the new life already started.

Who knows, the kid might be the next president of the US.

What if your parent decided not to have you but yet sell the puppies for some profit?
Old 09-13-2004, 01:48 PM
Got a Job!

hey hey...zamo, calm down here...

Why do you think abortion is still a choice for the person? Just because YOU don't agree with it, doesn't mean your opinion is correct.

Old 09-13-2004, 01:49 PM
Team Owner

The kid might also be the next Charles Manson....

And I realize your argument about life having already started, but if you follow it back even farther something has technically already started by the time I whip out a fresh batch of man-ranch on my girl's titties.
Has life started yet? Is there a new entity on the face of the earth or is that still 6 months off in the future? Is that a human being or is it a mess of cells that is still only a third of the way done being cooked and unable to live out in the world despite every medical advance or piece of machinery known to man?
Old 09-13-2004, 01:53 PM
Got a Job!

I totally fucking agree

Quick Reply: BIGG problem... got a girl pregnant