Dating & Relationships Love sucks. Now you can cry about it…

BIGG problem... got a girl pregnant

Old 08-24-2004, 09:30 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SilviaGTO
no seriously i think its pretty sad. forget the abortion vs adoption or what not..

its just sad that people look for the easiest way out now instead of owning up (not directed at you specifically rez)
thanks for providing some insight into what some thought that: "shut the fuck up" + A BAN on a dynamic ip, could hush up!
Old 08-24-2004, 09:32 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by TypeSAddict
If you are going to medical school I feel bad for any of your future patients.

thats NOT TRUE! grandparents can take care of the child! my mom and dad had me while they were both post docs, and my grandmother raised me. I turned out ok, and sure as FUCK did not want to be yanked out of the womb and decapitated, because a bunch of dorks, couldn't use a condom right.
Old 08-24-2004, 09:33 PM
Banned

thanks for the :ghey: negative rep points!
Old 08-24-2004, 09:34 PM
is Pretty Much a Moron

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by qieuoTr
thats NOT TRUE! grandparents can take care of the child! my mom and dad had me while they were both post docs, and my grandmother raised me. I turned out ok, and sure as FUCK did not want to be yanked out of the womb and decapitated, because a bunch of dorks, couldn't use a condom right.
Torquie:

The abortion stance is the least of the reasons why I would feel sympathy for your patients. Your overall demeanor and behavior on this site is reason numero uno.
Old 08-24-2004, 09:34 PM
is Pretty Much a Moron

thanks for the :ghey: negative rep points!
I do not give negative rep points. It wasn't me. I forgive you for the accusation though
Old 08-24-2004, 09:38 PM
drop em like its hot

im planning to go into medical research. M.D.+Ph.D program is what im shooting for... i have the gpa, the mcat score for it... it took an enormous amount of effort on my part... i know it sounds selfish but i feel entitled to the future that i had worked so hard for.

my girlfriend has also worked extremely hard for her future as well. she is aware of that, and is just as reluctant as i am to alter the future the way she had always envisioned it. i suppose you can call us immature and unethical, but it is the truth. we both feel that our feeling of regret will be much more extensive if we do not go through with the abortion than if we went through with the abortion.

of course other factors did play into this - including the fact that we are not ready for marriage, as i've stated before. At this point I'm going flat out and saying that we both came through with the decision to go through with the abortion.

i'm sure there are those out there who will be upset with my decision. i'm telling you that i understand, and that my views on abortion has changed through this experience. if at another point in time if i make the same mistake, i for sure will not go through with an abortion.

i thank you all for your immense input and support. my girlfriend and i both appreciate it.

now we just have to scrounge around for some money for the procedure... we'll have to find funds that our parents don't know about.

thanks again.

-rez
Old 08-24-2004, 09:39 PM
is Pretty Much a Moron

Originally Posted by rezurex
im planning to go into medical research. M.D.+Ph.D program is what im shooting for... i have the gpa, the mcat score for it... it took an enormous amount of effort on my part... i know it sounds selfish but i feel entitled to the future that i had worked so hard for.

my girlfriend has also worked extremely hard for her future as well. she is aware of that, and is just as reluctant as i am to alter the future the way she had always envisioned it. i suppose you can call us immature and unethical, but it is the truth. we both feel that our feeling of regret will be much more extensive if we do not go through with the abortion than if we went through with the abortion.

of course other factors did play into this - including the fact that we are not ready for marriage, as i've stated before. At this point I'm going flat out and saying that we both came through with the decision to go through with the abortion.

i'm sure there are those out there who will be upset with my decision. i'm telling you that i understand, and that my views on abortion has changed through this experience. if at another point in time if i make the same mistake, i for sure will not go through with an abortion.

i thank you all for your immense input and support. my girlfriend and i both appreciate it.

now we just have to scrounge around for some money for the procedure... we'll have to find funds that our parents don't know about.

thanks again.

-rez
Good for you Best of luck!
Old 08-24-2004, 09:43 PM
Where is my super sauce?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No reason to feel selfish or inappropriate when looking out for yourself. At this level of the game (career & education wise), no one else can help you. It's only you, and you have to set your own priorities. Good luck to you. The road ahead is long, and at times hard, but well worth it in the end.
Old 08-24-2004, 09:44 PM
Banned

adoption is not an option for us at all... we've mentioned it but we both agree that its not the right thing to do... if we have the kid we'll have to raise it ourselves.
why is it not the right thing to do? why will you have to raise it yourself? edumacate yourself about the adoption option mang! there are plently of couples out there who are not able to concieve naturally, and who are ready and willing to open up their hearts to a child. what is wrong with you?
Old 08-24-2004, 09:47 PM
Banned

thanks again.

-rez
good luck rez! I know that I sure as hell would have prefered the hanger, than to be born to parents who deliberated this much about me/wouldn't give me 100% of the love that a wanted baby would recieve.

peace!
Old 08-24-2004, 09:50 PM
Banned

you just worry about passing your MCAT there son.
Old 08-24-2004, 09:52 PM
Diamonds are forever...

thanks again.

-rez

congrats on making the right decision for YOU IMO you're doing the best thing you can in a situation like that.
Old 08-24-2004, 09:56 PM
is Pretty Much a Moron

you just worry about passing your MCAT there son.
I'm going to abstain from commenting on that.
Old 08-24-2004, 09:57 PM
drop em like its hot

if anyone needs MCAT help, i'm an instructor for kaplan i can hook u up with some material i have... let me know
Old 08-24-2004, 10:00 PM
Diamonds are forever...

if anyone needs MCAT help, i'm an instructor for kaplan i can hook u up with some material i have... let me know

good lookin out wish I were in med, you can hook me up with some shit for the LSAT though is the Kaplan book any good?
Old 08-24-2004, 10:03 PM
is Pretty Much a Moron

:cough: PM :cough:
Old 08-24-2004, 10:11 PM
Pro

Best of luck to you Rez. I really think you've made the right move in this case.

Just a thought...stand by that gal before, during and after. Even though the time isn't right at this point, she sounds like a keeper.
Old 08-24-2004, 10:27 PM
Got a Job!

what is great is that you both came to an agreement, and that is what's most important. I whole-heartedly agree that you both made the right decision for yourselves. It took time, tons of stress, and maturity to come up with such a decision. Everything is a life lesson, the way I look at it. Good luck bro, and as ironchef mentioned, stay by her side and make sure you're there for her before & after. This definitely isn't an easy task to move forth with.

`John
Old 08-24-2004, 10:49 PM
drop em like its hot

i can hook people up in SAT/ACT, GRE, MCAT, and LSAT. maybe DAT but i would have to ask a colleague... i cant get u copies of the self teaching books by kaplan, they're done by a different dept. i can get you practice tests, full length diags and answers and explanations. i wholeheartedly believe as a test prep instructor that once u have a good general idea of the knowledge, full length practice is the best way to increase your score.

aside from that, i thank everyone again for their help and support and advice A-CL kicks ass
Old 08-24-2004, 10:58 PM
Safety Car

good luck with that man. I understand your decision completely, and agree with you wholeheartedly. And even if you chose the other path I say "to each their own", even if I disagree.
Old 08-25-2004, 12:27 AM
Safety Car

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
I'm not against abortion, but I think the justification of having the abortion because your parents are very conservative is kinda shaddy...you really think she will hide the fact that she did have an abortion throughout her life? I certainly wouldnt. I'm not saying don't get it, I'm thinking thoroughly, THOROUGHLY talk it through, including all consequences of all actions, and make a sober decision.

That said I understand your perspective...I worked pretty fucking hard, and sacrificed a lot to get the grades and experience, and I too might spiral into despair in your situation. Good luck to you and her
Old 08-25-2004, 01:43 AM
Race Director

Originally Posted by Always Dirty
People have an impressive ability to shut quasi-traumatic events out of their memory until it's directly addressed
Yes. I know this one first hand. in fact my roommate asked me tonight if she could use me for her abnormal psychology term paper.
Old 08-25-2004, 01:45 AM
Race Director

thanks for providing some insight into what some thought that: "shut the fuck up" + A BAN on a dynamic ip, could hush up!

lol hi torquie!
Old 08-25-2004, 01:47 AM
Race Director

thanks again.

-rez

best of luck to the both of you, i know it was a hard decision to make.
Old 08-25-2004, 01:53 AM
TQ > MPG

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
How you could have sex with a chick that you only have known for a couple months without her being on the pill is beyond my understanding. I hate using condoms, but my girl is on the pill. If she got pregnant though we'd have to own up to the fact that we had sex and she got pregnant.

People have gotten married after knowing each other alot less than a couple months. If you decide to have the kid then get married now, before she has the physical signs of the pregancy. If the parents do the math they'll know she was pregnant before the conception, but it'll make life alot easier once she starts sprouting a belly.

I struggle ALOT with my religious beliefs also. I support the right to choice, but I think it's used WAAAY to easily. Also, how can I support a religion (catholicism) that says we were created by the hand of God, when all intelligent data proves we evolved from another species. Anyways, thats getting way off topic, sorry.

What you both need to think about is if youre ready to put your goals as a lower priority for the sake of the kid. If not then you should abort, because it's better to not put the kid through a shitty life because you two made a mistake.
Old 08-25-2004, 05:11 AM
Race Director

Originally Posted by jtkz13
How you could have sex with a chick that you only have known for a couple months without her being on the pill is beyond my understanding. I hate using condoms, but my girl is on the pill. If she got pregnant though we'd have to own up to the fact that we had sex and she got pregnant.

People have gotten married after knowing each other alot less than a couple months. If you decide to have the kid then get married now, before she has the physical signs of the pregancy. If the parents do the math they'll know she was pregnant before the conception, but it'll make life alot easier once she starts sprouting a belly.

I struggle ALOT with my religious beliefs also. I support the right to choice, but I think it's used WAAAY to easily. Also, how can I support a religion (catholicism) that says we were created by the hand of God, when all intelligent data proves we evolved from another species. Anyways, thats getting way off topic, sorry.

What you both need to think about is if youre ready to put your goals as a lower priority for the sake of the kid. If not then you should abort, because it's better to not put the kid through a shitty life because you two made a mistake.
First. He has made his decision, and I think the best thing now is that his ACL family support him
Second: Getting married because someone is pregnant is the WORST reason to get married. My parents did it, and I would have been better off if they hadnt. I just had to listen to them FIGHT for my entire life.
Last: Im not even going to touch that statement you made, but its ridiculous on so many levels. But this isnt R&P.
Old 08-25-2004, 06:17 AM
GEEZER

Received 2,214 Likes on 1,418 Posts
abort.
Old 08-25-2004, 08:56 AM
drop em like its hot

lol @ killer.
Old 08-25-2004, 10:39 AM
still a Masshole

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I read most of this thread (still need a page or two) and I want to first say that at the very least I am surprised (and impressed) on how Rez has handled this situation so far. Some may disagree but he has so far stepped up and not held anything back. You have taken responsibilty for your action and seem prepared to face the music either way. good for you! Its unfortunate that this had to happen but you have been supportive of your girlfriend and sounds like you've been pretty level headed.

I've never been in your situation so take my opinion for what its worth. I agree with different points from different people but for my own reasons. I am certainly not a religious person but am not an advocate of abortion (although I am not fully against it either). I think people need to be responsible for their actions but what that means can vary from person to person. I think you should tell your girlfriend how you feel (you may have already) and make sure she does the same. Ultimately it is her decision but it sounds like she is aware that it affects both of your lives significantly.

This maybe against what all others think but maybe it should be time to let your parents know (make sure both are ready though). If there is a possibility that you will keep the child then it might be worthwhile to find out the type of support your parents will give. It sounds like you both have high aspirations in life so the support of family can play a significant role here. either way good luck. In the end its your decision (you and her...more her) and not A-CL's so as long as you have no regrets and the long term outcome is what you intended then it was the right choice.
Old 08-25-2004, 10:41 AM

awwwww Skeet Skeet!!!!
Old 08-25-2004, 11:32 AM
Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Always Dirty
Money isn't the only issue - you also need to think about what kind of parents you and the girl can be for the kid at this point. It doesn't sound like he's thinking of marrying her, so what happens when he does go on and find someone else? The traditional Daddy is replaced by a monthly check and the occasional visit? Many, many issues at play here.

That, and he doesn't have a child at this point to provide for - he has a girl who's young, financially insecure, and likely scared to death, who's carrying around something that isn't even going to be a human by the definition of our laws for another 8 months or so.
Old 08-25-2004, 11:48 AM
still a Masshole

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I owned myself by not reading the whole thing before posting! either way I still think what I said could have been helpful.

Oh and I didn't realize the MCAT was a pass/fail test (intended for Torquie)
Old 08-25-2004, 01:34 PM
Flap.

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
awwwww Skeet Skeet!!!!
Old 08-25-2004, 01:46 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
condadulations
Old 08-25-2004, 02:37 PM
Banned

thanks again.

-rez

I can only imagine what you and she are going through right now. When I read your post I tried to imagine being in your place and got this weird feeling in my gut (maybe it was that Chinese I ate eearlier). But seriously, it wasn't an easy decision, I'm sure, but you have to do what's best for you. Obviously some people will not agree with your decision, but you can't worry about that right now. Just move forward and try to learn from all this.
Old 08-25-2004, 02:39 PM
drop em like its hot

Originally Posted by oneilc
Oh yeah .. I meant to ask this before. Rex: you're 21 and your parents keep tabs on your bank accounts? WTF is up with that?
oh yeah that. well its mostly cuz i got a bunch of money from my grandparent when he left me much of his estate in his will... complicated, long story but my grandfather was a wealthy industrialist and landowner in korea.. all his sons died through various reasons and i am the only son of his eldest daughter so it was left to me.

yeah. its clear why my parents would want to make sure i dont spend my money like a rapper who just made a platinum record.

-rez
Old 08-25-2004, 02:46 PM
drop em like its hot

Originally Posted by ironchef10
Best of luck to you Rez. I really think you've made the right move in this case.

Just a thought...stand by that gal before, during and after. Even though the time isn't right at this point, she sounds like a keeper.
shes a great person.. im sorry to have had this situation with her, i dont think she deserved all this drama and stress. i will definitely try to stick with her, going through this ordeal with her by my side really showed me what a sweet, focused person she was.

the thing is that if anything i think she'll throw me out to the curb... her friends and sister are telling her all the time that i am the devil.

we'll see hot that goes.. we have other immediate issues to take care of first

thanks for everyone's support. it really meansa lot...

-rez
Old 08-25-2004, 02:57 PM
Banned

If she's getting fed that kind of shit from her sis and friends, then it's over. That's not your biggest concern right now.
Old 08-25-2004, 03:07 PM
Banned

next time
Old 08-25-2004, 09:40 PM
Registered Big Dog

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
tony i'm glad everything has worked out for you bro.. u are on ur way to a dope future and a baby would be both a blessing and a hinderance..... either way you are doing the right thing

Quick Reply: BIGG problem... got a girl pregnant