Console & Computer Gaming Latest news in the world of gaming. Xbox One, PS4, and more…

360, PS3, PC, Wii: Call of Duty - Modern Warfare 2

Old 11-26-2009, 07:04 AM
says "hello to my TLX".

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by I Go To Costco
The AUG with a grip and sp rocks! It's no 68-8 but I went 39-5 with it on Highrise, regular TDM. But I didn't have the nuke . So next game I enabled it and I went like 37-3 after setting off the nuke. The game ended at like 5500-2200. My noob friend didn't know what was going on

That was one of the beastliest streaks I've gotten... 30+ kills with less than 5 deaths 3 games in a row. Wish all of my games were like that
You're a damn beast.
Old 11-26-2009, 07:47 AM

Received 3,489 Likes on 2,089 Posts
^heh I don't think I would be as beast if it weren't for the killstreaks. It's all in how you use them.... though the blade cuts both ways. I gotta stop playing this crap though, I play it almost every time I'm at home, and there have even been occasions when I've made up some BS about being too tired/sick to go out so I can play instead

For those of you that used to use Denkirson's COD4 info, I use the COD wiki now... it's pretty helpful, for instance the FAL is a 3-shot kill at any distance whether you have a silencer/stopping power or not. and the same for the UMP! here's the weapons:

http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Cat...fare_2_Weapons

Originally Posted by mastertl
At 70

Yeah, I find those kind of useless for most TDM matches. But FFA you absolutely need Counter-UAV. EMP is good I guess, but it seems like a waste to me.
good to know. and good point about FFA, I don't play that often enough. No way in hell there's any time for a care package in FFA, now that I think about it. I know what I'm unlocking next
Old 11-26-2009, 10:25 AM
I disagree with unanimity

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts
^Thanks for the wiki. Some good info there.

Has anybody unlocked the extended mags for any weapons yet? I've been using FMJ on a few weapons for a while now and only have 1 or 2 out of 40 to unlock the mags.

The lag last night was ridiculous.
Old 11-26-2009, 12:04 PM
E92

Received 93 Likes on 69 Posts
Originally Posted by I Go To Costco
^heh I don't think I would be as beast if it weren't for the killstreaks. It's all in how you use them.... though the blade cuts both ways. I gotta stop playing this crap though, I play it almost every time I'm at home, and there have even been occasions when I've made up some BS about being too tired/sick to go out so I can play instead

For those of you that used to use Denkirson's COD4 info, I use the COD wiki now... it's pretty helpful, for instance the FAL is a 3-shot kill at any distance whether you have a silencer/stopping power or not. and the same for the UMP! here's the weapons:

http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Cat...fare_2_Weapons

good to know. and good point about FFA, I don't play that often enough. No way in hell there's any time for a care package in FFA, now that I think about it. I know what I'm unlocking next
I was playing domination one time and they stole an EMP from one of our care packages. After they used it, they called in a harrier and a pavelow, and there was nothing we could do to shoot them down. We got absolutely wrecked for a minute or so
Old 11-26-2009, 03:36 PM
To punish and enslave

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Since I'm not camping out tonight for anything, I think I'm gonna have a MW2 marathon under the influence
Old 11-26-2009, 03:39 PM
I shoot people

Received 3,052 Likes on 1,482 Posts
You can "camp" in MW2 if you want lol
Old 11-26-2009, 04:01 PM

Received 2,811 Likes on 1,991 Posts
i don't get the EMP.

i hear the alert that EMP went off and all electronics aren't working, yet my radar works, HUD still shows up and i can still use my stinger missile

although sometimes when I'm using a different class it disables my electrical stuff

is there a perk or something that makes you immune?
Old 11-26-2009, 04:02 PM
E92

Originally Posted by Mizouse
i don't get the EMP.

i hear the alert that EMP went off and all electronics aren't working, yet my radar works, HUD still shows up and i can still use my stinger missile

although sometimes when I'm using a different class it disables my electrical stuff

is there a perk or something that makes you immune?
Your team used it. it only affects the other team.
Old 11-26-2009, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by sho_nuff1997

Has anybody unlocked the extended mags for any weapons yet? I've been using FMJ on a few weapons for a while now and only have 1 or 2 out of 40 to unlock the mags.

i need about 5 more kills with the M4A1, its soo hard because you have to shoot people thru an object/wall

im also close on the G18

Last edited by Mizouse; 11-26-2009 at 04:07 PM.
Old 11-26-2009, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by TommySalami
Your team used it. it only affects the other team.
hmm... i guess so, i guess i need to pay more attention to what is being said

kind of doesnt make sense that it only affects the other team thou.
Old 11-26-2009, 04:08 PM

im about 4 miles to go for the lightweight pro perk.

i like the map wasteland because i can do laps around it to add on the miles.
Old 11-26-2009, 04:13 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 10,929 Likes on 5,543 Posts
good playing Mizouse, AceSUP, FuriousGeorge and maybe a couple others. got pwned by Zouse frequently. lol. how do I get more of those ranking numbers and such? Zouse you had an awesome weapon it was 2 rapidfire submachineguns seemed like.... how do I get that? thanks.
Old 11-26-2009, 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by srika
good playing Mizouse, AceSUP, FuriousGeorge and maybe a couple others. got pwned by Zouse frequently. lol. how do I get more of those ranking numbers and such? Zouse you had an awesome weapon it was 2 rapidfire submachineguns seemed like.... how do I get that? thanks.
it was the mp5k, you can hold 2 of them after getting the rapid fire attachment and then getting 30 kills with the rapid fire attachment. its called the akimbo attachment.

what do you mean by ranking number?

i can also hold 2 glock 18s

Last edited by Mizouse; 11-26-2009 at 04:23 PM.
Old 11-26-2009, 04:21 PM

i need about 5 more kills with the M4A1, its soo hard because you have to shoot people thru an object/wall

im also close on the G18
interesting read about extended mags.

Although Extended Magazines increase the capacity of your magazine, it doesn't increase your starting ammo count. For example, if starting with the SCAR-H, you have one 20-rd magazine in your gun and two spares. With Extended Magazines (and without Scavenger Pro), you start off with one 30-rd magazine in your gun and only one spare (Both loadouts starting with 60 bullets each). With the RPD and Extended Magazine all of the player's ammo is loaded into one very large magazine!
Old 11-26-2009, 04:38 PM
I shoot people

hmm... i guess so, i guess i need to pay more attention to what is being said

that's true.... I never thought about it like that.
Old 11-26-2009, 05:38 PM

I've only unlocked extended mags for my M9 I think. It goes from having a 15-round mag to a 25-round mag. But as mentioned, it does nothing for your initial ammo loadout. Still, I want it for my TMP... such a great sniper's backup weapon, just terribly small ammo capacity.

Luckily secondary weapons don't require FMJ use to get extended mags IIRC. A good map to get FMJ kills is Highrise. FMJ rounds go through barrels and when you're in the offices, shoot people through the cubicle barriers. You can also go prone behind the corners

Originally Posted by TommySalami
I was playing domination one time and they stole an EMP from one of our care packages. After they used it, they called in a harrier and a pavelow, and there was nothing we could do to shoot them down. We got absolutely wrecked for a minute or so
Ah, so that's what it does, I wasn't sure.
Old 11-27-2009, 01:59 PM
To punish and enslave

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Riot Shield, throwing knife, Scavenger pro, lightweight pro, and commando = the funniest night on MW2 ever. I've never heard an entire enemy team yell f*gg*t so much before.
Old 11-27-2009, 03:07 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by TL CHROMETIDE
Riot Shield, throwing knife, Scavenger pro, lightweight pro, and commando = the funniest night on MW2 ever. I've never heard an entire enemy team yell f*gg*t so much before.
LOL SOUNDS LIKE THE MIZOUSE SPECIAL.............

tango SUCKA
Old 11-27-2009, 04:22 PM

Old 11-27-2009, 04:23 PM

I have alot of the pro level perks unlocked
Old 11-27-2009, 04:55 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 337 Likes on 244 Posts

Does defy the laws of physics...
Old 11-27-2009, 05:21 PM
Senior Moderator

I have alot of the pro level perks unlocked
damn. well I saw you running like a madman and I was wondering how you were doing it. I think I have those unlocks now so I am doing it too lol.

by ranking number I meant the number next to your name on the player list. I was at 3 or so when we were playing, up to 17 now. what's the quickest way to increase that? I guess it depends on what game and how many kills etc. right.
Old 11-27-2009, 05:54 PM
I don't have a Ferrari in

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
by ranking number I meant the number next to your name on the player list. I was at 3 or so when we were playing, up to 17 now. what's the quickest way to increase that? I guess it depends on what game and how many kills etc. right.
If you're good, play Search and Destroy. Each kill is 500 points, assists are worth 200 points and there are plenty of other miscellaneous multipliers for points compared to regular TDM. I average out my games at around 5 to 6k in SnD.

But despite that, I still have no idea how some people are double prestige'd and beyond in the time that the game has come out. I saw someone who was triple prestige'd and it baffles me how good/how much they play (or they are just incredibly efficient).
Old 11-27-2009, 06:31 PM

But despite that, I still have no idea how some people are double prestige'd and beyond in the time that the game has come out. I saw someone who was triple prestige'd and it baffles me how good/how much they play (or they are just incredibly efficient).

I wondered that too. Last night I came across LE2 and MaFiA clans when I was looking to see the who has the most kills. One dude named LE2 chris4eyez, has a 28.91 k/d ratio and his highest streak is 867. I couldn't see how that is possible, so I googled their clans. It turns out that they are boosters. They get a bunch of peeps together and just boost each others XP.

So, really they aren't that good.
Old 11-27-2009, 06:38 PM
Senior Moderator

If you're good, play Search and Destroy. Each kill is 500 points, assists are worth 200 points and there are plenty of other miscellaneous multipliers for points compared to regular TDM. I average out my games at around 5 to 6k in SnD.

thanks - I wouldn't say I'm too good yet, I'm still having trouble where when I go to fire I hit the melee attack instead... f'ing frustrating I just have to relax before shooting lol. And I have yet to truly use the grenades to my advantage. I don't get the difference between L2 and R2. Still trying to find the best weapon too - right now I am liking the FAMA with laser sight. Quite accurate. It seems there are a good amount of guns that aren't too accurate. Or maybe I just suck lol. No really though I am much better with the FAMA than other guns.

This game is killing a lot of my time. lol. and my thumbs/hands.
Old 11-27-2009, 06:57 PM
E92

it's famaS,

and L2 should be your special grenade (stun/flash/smoke) and R2 should be your primary grenade/equipment, such as a frag or semtex (semtex is better). You'll get better at using them and figuring when and where it's appropriate to throw them

and I'm totally going through withdrawal having been away from my pc for the last few days
Old 11-27-2009, 07:02 PM

What irks me the most is the matchmaking and spawning though. Why in the hell would it kick me or someone else in my party out of the lobby when there's plenty of room left?freaking annoying, sheesh
Old 11-27-2009, 08:08 PM

I wondered that too. Last night I came across LE2 and MaFiA clans when I was looking to see the who has the most kills. One dude named LE2 chris4eyez, has a 28.91 k/d ratio and his highest streak is 867. I couldn't see how that is possible, so I googled their clans. It turns out that they are boosters. They get a bunch of peeps together and just boost each others XP.

So, really they aren't that good.
Oh, that certainly explains the anomaly I saw on the leaderboards as well. There was someone I played from LE2 who was actually pretty damn good. We were playing SnD and he was going on a spree of 11-0. Watching in him in Spectator Cam was amusing.

But you're certainly right about some Prestige'd players being not as good as their ranks imply, I saw some Level 50+ 1st Prestige people and they are no better than me and my friends and we're at 66, no prestige. And we suck, our K/D is 1.05, lol. Used to be a lot higher but we've just been knifing everyone on every map.

thanks - I wouldn't say I'm too good yet, I'm still having trouble where when I go to fire I hit the melee attack instead... f'ing frustrating I just have to relax before shooting lol. And I have yet to truly use the grenades to my advantage. I don't get the difference between L2 and R2. Still trying to find the best weapon too - right now I am liking the FAMA with laser sight. Quite accurate. It seems there are a good amount of guns that aren't too accurate. Or maybe I just suck lol. No really though I am much better with the FAMA than other guns.

This game is killing a lot of my time. lol. and my thumbs/hands.
Haha, you'll get used to it. I switch back and forth between Halo and MW2 and I keep wanting to run in Halo. I use Bumper Jumper in Halo so I keep throwing my equipments away when I want to reload. You get used to the controls after a while.

Oh and Headquarters is also a good way to get points. Just hope you're on the winning team. Get to the areas as fast as you can.
Old 11-27-2009, 08:22 PM
Senior Moderator

so yeah I tried Search and Destroy... that didn't go so well lol...
Old 11-28-2009, 05:49 AM

Almost rage quit tonight. I was pretty much sober by the time I was playing, but I was playing like crap and so were my pub teammates.... I'm pretty sure my neighbors heard me say FUCK! out loud a few times.

I got the "How the ?" achievement though, which was funny and lucky as hell. I don't think I even got it in CoD4. FMJ is I got sniped on Rundown, and sure enough when I creeped into another position, the guy was still there. Sniper looked to be the size of a damn ant, hit him a few times with my M4A1 but I couldn't finish the job, so I just sweeped left-right-left and he was killed by "my" claymore
Old 11-28-2009, 07:35 AM

Playing on the weekend is pretty much like asking to get your ass handed to you. I noticed that whenever I play on Friday or Saturday nights, I die much faster and can't ever get a good streak going. Thats why I play on weekdays haha.
Old 11-28-2009, 11:13 AM
E92

I played it once and got camped the whole time
Old 11-28-2009, 12:59 PM
Senior Moderator

my fingers are telling me 2 things... a) they don't like me playing this game on a PS3 controller for 8 hours straight and b) I'm not a kid anymore...
Old 11-28-2009, 02:24 PM
I shoot people

I hate S&D. I never know who else is left on my team. I'll be the only one left, and the rest of the team's watching me (and of course, I can't hear them telling me how much I'm an idiot). Then at intermission:

"trainerKEN! Do you know what da fuck you're doing??!?"

Old 11-28-2009, 02:31 PM
E92

Originally Posted by is300eater
I hate S&D. I never know who else is left on my team. I'll be the only one left, and the rest of the team's watching me (and of course, I can't hear them telling me how much I'm an idiot). Then at intermission:

"trainerKEN! Do you know what da fuck you're doing??!?"

that's when you say "at least i didn't die"
Old 11-28-2009, 02:57 PM
SICK SSM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
adddddd meeeeee (spck)sally gatz
Old 11-28-2009, 11:34 PM

What headset does everybody use for the 360? I am still rocking that cheap one that comes with the 360, and I think it's time to upgrade. Any recommendations?
Old 11-28-2009, 11:37 PM

I just use that one as well. Works enough for me.
Old 11-28-2009, 11:37 PM

I wish I was playing right now
Old 11-28-2009, 11:45 PM
I shoot people

I'm using one of those 5.1 surround sound headsets, I can hear EVERYTHING

Last edited by is300eater; 11-28-2009 at 11:47 PM.

Quick Reply: 360, PS3, PC, Wii: Call of Duty - Modern Warfare 2