Console & Computer Gaming Latest news in the world of gaming. Xbox One, PS4, and more…

360, PS3, PC, Wii: Call of Duty - Modern Warfare 2

Old 11-16-2009, 01:40 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts
http://www.tgdaily.com/games-and-ent...-warfare-2-ban
Old 11-16-2009, 05:09 PM
To punish and enslave

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cudCajMNRM0
Old 11-16-2009, 05:15 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 337 Likes on 244 Posts
^^^

Holy crap! Talk about a lucky throw.
Old 11-16-2009, 05:32 PM
I shoot people

Received 3,050 Likes on 1,481 Posts
Originally Posted by TommySalami
So who's got the best stats so far?

I'm 4221 kills/ 2074 deaths right now
Last I checked, I was something like 1100/700 but I play Hardcore Team Deathmatch where there's less Run-n-Gun and more camping
Old 11-16-2009, 06:25 PM

Received 3,489 Likes on 2,089 Posts
Originally Posted by TL CHROMETIDE
LOL, I just saw it and was about to post it.

it's so funny to watch... "OH!" the game winner too, so everyone saw it!
Old 11-16-2009, 06:26 PM
says "hello to my TLX".

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
This game is def different than MW1 online. I can't do as well with the same amount of scrambling I would do on MW1. Guess I gotta learn how to camp more.
I jumped on MW1 after a horrible session of MW2 and on the first match got a 26-7. Haven't had many of those on MW2.
Old 11-16-2009, 06:28 PM

Figures. What did they expect, you go in posing as a Russian with a group of armed Russians and go and slaughter a bunch of innocent Russian civilians. It's pretty obvious that it would touch a few nerves.
Old 11-16-2009, 06:41 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Sun Diego CL-S
This game is def different than MW1 online. I can't do as well with the same amount of scrambling I would do on MW1. Guess I gotta learn how to camp more.
I jumped on MW1 after a horrible session of MW2 and on the first match got a 26-7. Haven't had many of those on MW2.
I think our play styles are similar.. I remember running into you many times when we were on opposing teams.

Yah, this game is definitely less run and gun style and rewards camping a lot more than CoD4 . And almost every map is like Chinatown which wasn't exactly my favorite map in CoD4 (too many buildings and windows to camp in) At first I didn't like it but I'm slowly learning to adapt.
Old 11-16-2009, 06:43 PM

oh and the chopper gunner is really, really good on certain maps. You have to get to 11 kills in a row to get it though, or luckily get it in a crate, so I don't know. But on one game I was literally spawn camping them with it and I finished 25-2 and even my teammates were like "wow this is ownage"

I think it would be a lot easier if the game didn't freaking spawn you in the middle of a few enemies. I can't count how many times I've spawned, starting sprinting for just just a second, then all of a sudden a guy sees me running away and mows me down. This is on maps where there are TONS of different places to spawn like Rundown (pun intended?) and that smaller, snowy map.

I think there was a replay earlier in this thread where you can see an enemy spawn 5 feet in front of the player as he was reloading.

You are right though... 99% of the time in MW1, I'd almost never finish below 1:1 in terms of K/D ratio. At the very worst I'd make a comeback and finish dead even or get 1 or 2 more deaths than kills. But there were a few games where I got my ass handed to me. People seem to camp a lot more in MW2. In killcams I've seen the guy sit there with a heartbeat sensor, and he's sitting perfectly still, aiming down the sights the whole time, then I run around the building in the distance and he shoots me. Now all of my classes have Ninja Pro.
Old 11-16-2009, 06:45 PM
E92

Received 93 Likes on 69 Posts
Just got a tactical nuke!

I have been playing with my knife class, where I use a USP with tactical knife, marathon, lightweight, and commando. I sprint around the whole time, throwing stun grenades and knifing everybody, it's awesome. One game I got to 7 kills and got a harrier, then hid and called it in. It got me to 11 and I called in the AC130 to bring it up to 25 in a row. After I called the nuke in, the game froze and everyone got disconnected though, but at least I saw it go off and kill everyone in the room. My hands were shaking as I was in the AC130 trying to get as many kills as I could in a row.
Old 11-16-2009, 06:46 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by I Go To Costco
I think it would be a lot easier if the game didn't freaking spawn you in the middle of a few enemies. I can't count how many times I've spawned, starting sprinting for just just a second, then all of a sudden a guy sees me running away and mows me down. This is on maps where there are TONS of different places to spawn like Rundown (pun intended?) and that smaller, snowy map.
Old 11-16-2009, 06:54 PM
Drifting

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts
I dunno, I think it takes a lot more teamwork and covering your own ass . Now you can't simply run around like Rambo, you need to have someone watching your back.

I used to get killed a lot by campers, and now when I play I move a lot slower and more tactically. I sweep and clear windows and doors, avoid crossing wide open areas, crouch to reduce noise, stay out of the "fatal funnel" as much as I can and generally take more time. I get killed a lot less often now by campers. If I had a squad of 2-3 people and we could cover each other then we could rock online.
Old 11-16-2009, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by TommySalami
Just got a tactical nuke!

I have been playing with my knife class, where I use a USP with tactical knife, marathon, lightweight, and commando. I sprint around the whole time, throwing stun grenades and knifing everybody, it's awesome. One game I got to 7 kills and got a harrier, then hid and called it in. It got me to 11 and I called in the AC130 to bring it up to 25 in a row. After I called the nuke in, the game froze and everyone got disconnected though, but at least I saw it go off and kill everyone in the room. My hands were shaking as I was in the AC130 trying to get as many kills as I could in a row.
lol the nuke is just insult to injury. I was telling some guy on my friends list.... if you can get 25 kills in a row without dying you probably won anyways (unless your entire team sucks balls) and the nuke is just the exclamation point to show everyone on the other team that they just got owned
Old 11-16-2009, 07:07 PM
E92

lol the nuke is just insult to injury. I was telling some guy on my friends list.... if you can get 25 kills in a row without dying you probably won anyways (unless your entire team sucks balls) and the nuke is just the exclamation point to show everyone on the other team that they just got owned
We were playing domination and I told the team to let them take all the control points, then I would call in the nuke as the other team was about to win. We had like 180/200 points though and they didn't want to, so I just called it after my next death. Shoulda called it immediately though and seen what my new highest killstreak was with killing the entire other team. My highest streak is 29 from a different game.
Old 11-16-2009, 09:38 PM
says "hello to my TLX".

Originally Posted by zguy95135
I dunno, I think it takes a lot more teamwork and covering your own ass . Now you can't simply run around like Rambo, you need to have someone watching your back.

I used to get killed a lot by campers, and now when I play I move a lot slower and more tactically. I sweep and clear windows and doors, avoid crossing wide open areas, crouch to reduce noise, stay out of the "fatal funnel" as much as I can and generally take more time. I get killed a lot less often now by campers. If I had a squad of 2-3 people and we could cover each other then we could rock online.
I have come to realize that I can't do my own thing as I could in MW1. I can run around and kill everyone Rambo-style(that's the nickname I was given on the paintball fields).
Guess it is time to adapt to some teamwork. Acurazine clan, roll out!!
Old 11-17-2009, 07:13 AM
boost 3G

well finally beat the campaign yesterday afternoon on my day off and i must say the ending was dissappointing!
on the bright side i started my online play! took a little getting used to like stated above since im used to MW1...but have since improved pretty well but am always on a team that sucks balls and all have below 6 or 7 kills and i end up having like 19 or 20 and end up losing

but my gamertag is GoDawgsPMP...i need teammates to play with tactically, because i end up with idiots that run around like chickens with their heads cut off
Old 11-17-2009, 01:43 PM
Drifting

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts
I like multiplayer so much more than mw1, I couldn't play it, the rambo style doesn't go along with me getting older. I know I'm in my 20's still, but you have to admit you might start losing your edge. The new more team based play is much more my style. Hell, I can actually snipe now. So far I've onlt played with slushy and I don't even think he knew I was playing in the same game...gotta meet up with more of you online.
xTIMExLORDx
Old 11-17-2009, 02:39 PM
I shoot people

Received 3,050 Likes on 1,481 Posts
I have come to realize that I can't do my own thing as I could in MW1. I can run around and kill everyone Rambo-style(that's the nickname I was given on the paintball fields).
Guess it is time to adapt to some teamwork. Acurazine clan, roll out!!
when was the last time you went paintballing anyway?
Old 11-17-2009, 02:43 PM
Safety Car

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
so.. who has ps3 version that plays online? i'm bout to pull my trigger on this game
Old 11-17-2009, 03:01 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts
grrr....im trying to get CO-Op working.....is it like Gears of War or not? sorry i feel like a noob
Old 11-17-2009, 04:23 PM
says "hello to my TLX".

Originally Posted by is300eater
when was the last time you went paintballing anyway?
I am very sad to say that I have gone only ONCE this entire year. My newer hobby with real guns has really tooken over.
Old 11-17-2009, 04:42 PM
Instructor

I have had the worst luck with buying the past 3 CODs. COD 4, disc stopped working a month later and had the buy a new one, COD 5 bought it, didnt work, returned it worked for a week, returned it and finnaly worked, and now MW2 stops working a week later
Maybe its cause ive been playing it soo much lol. 2700/2300 KDR and im already at 52 lol. But the Chopper Gunner is by far the best killstreak. I went 48-3 on highrise, I couldent even believe it was happening.
Old 11-18-2009, 05:55 PM
WIP-Work in Progress

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Guys I'm embarrassed to say, but I think I'm the worst player on MW2. Just horrible....
My question is does the aim assist work in multiplayer, cuz I've tried it but doesn't seem to work? Any tips on being able to aim better? Should I even try to zoom or just shoot away?
Old 11-18-2009, 08:17 PM

Of course you need to zoom to be able to hit crap from anything beyond 5 feet. Aim assist doesn't work on multiplayer. Just for practice I turned off aim assist in MW1 and MW2. Also guns perform differently in single player and multiplayer, at least they were in MW1.

Turn up the volume so you hear people coming.

Move deliberately, don't run out into the open unless you know Your teammates are all around you.
Old 11-18-2009, 09:20 PM
Burning Brakes

I can't even flank anymore. Enemies just spawn behind me and shoot me from the back.

I almost almost rage quit today.. too many camping spots
Old 11-18-2009, 10:58 PM
says "hello to my TLX".

^Exactly. Pisses me off since it happens so often.

I've really been trying to camp most of the time. Looks like it's the best way to get kills in this game.
Old 11-18-2009, 11:31 PM
E92

hahahaha, CAUGHT!

Dear Thomas:

We write concerning a copyright complaint we received from Activision. The
complaint involves your use of university computing resources and
indicates that "Call of Duty 4" was available for distribution via a VPN
or wireless session on 11/8/09. Peer-to-peer filesharing, without
specific permission from the copyright holder, is in violation of the
"Policy on the Acceptable Use of Information Technology Resources"
(http://www.umd.edu/aup).

Project NEThics is a group within the Office of Information Technology
charged with promoting the responsible use of information technology. We
provide notification to students when the University has received a formal
written complaint from a copyright holder.

Please remove or disable the file sharing capability of the peer-to-peer
program that you are using. MOVIES, SONGS, TELEVISION SHOWS, GAMES,
SOFTWARE, ETC. ARE COPYRIGHTED. Even if you believe you are permitted to
have a file on your computer, you must have specific permission to share
that file. If the copyright holder decides to pursue a lawsuit in the
matter, a subpoena would be issued to obtain your name and address from
the University. The University of Chicago and Duke University have
helpful sites with information on how to disable sharing capabilities:
http://security.uchicago.edu/peer-to...ileshare.shtml and
http://www.oit.duke.edu/helpdesk/filesharing/steps.html .

Once you have removed or disabled access to copyrighted files on your
computer, you must contact us BY E-MAIL to confirm that you have done
this. If we do not receive confirmation from you by 3 p. m. Thursday,
November 19, 2009, we will disable you're your access to the University of
Maryland's computer network until we hear from you.

Please be advised that copyright holders have sued students at other
universities. These cases were settled out of court, resulting in the
students paying between $12,000 and $17,500 to the copyright agents for
infringement from hosting internal campus file sharing networks. Since
then, the RIAA has launched thousands of copyright infringement lawsuits
against alleged file-swappers. The average cost of settling those actions
is $3,000.

Please be aware that further violations of the Acceptable Use Policy may
result in revocation of computing resource privileges and student
disciplinary action. Feel free to contact us if you have any questions
about copyright law or university policy.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Sincerely,

Project NEThics
http://www.nethics.umd.edu
Old 11-19-2009, 01:02 AM

^um, I hope "Thomas" isn't you because the RIAA/whoever isn't a group to fuck with at all. That's like going "LULZ TEH FBIS AT MY DOOR WITH A BATTERING RAM"

I don't know the odds but that's why I don't host files on P2P... I would hate to be the latest sob story on Yahoo's front page about being sued by the RIAA for whatever ridiculous amount of money they want

The spawning thing is ridiculous though... its by far, the worst part about the game. Seriously doesn't the game know better if the whole enemy team is rushing your spawn to put you somewhere else? To not be able to even take 4 steps before you die is just ridiculous
Old 11-19-2009, 01:19 AM

oh and is the IW forum completely fubar for anyone else? I registered with my e-mail and password thinking I didn't have an account on there yet, then it said the password was wrong. Um, okay... so I reset the password by putting in my e-mail, and I logged in again with that password and it said it was incorrect. Then I went back to the e-mail, clicked on the link they gave me to login, then I logged in with my e-mail and password and it says I've made 7165 posts on their forum already I don't think I've ever seen it before.

Even weirder, I went to my Outbox and it said I sent 4 messages, and a couple of those messages said the same thing.... sent to the forum admin saying that they only made a few posts only but it said they've made 7000+ posts already.

My head hurts now. Initially I was going to make a thread to bitch about the spawn points, but I think they've rigged it on purpose to have fewer complaints
Old 11-19-2009, 08:06 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Played till 3am. I hate this fucking game

Now, I was trying to hold off on getting it because I really wanted Assassin's Creed 2 and wanted the hype of MW2 to die down. But since Gamestop was running the promo to trade in 2 games and get it for 20 bucks, I couldn't pass it up.

I love the maps so much more than MW1. The gameplay is so much more fast paced and frantic. Haven't even played the campaign yet, will get to it eventually.

Gamertag is pebe114, I have some of you on my list already, but add me if you want. I usually play after 9pm est.
Old 11-19-2009, 08:57 AM
Matt

I hate this game too!
Old 11-19-2009, 10:02 AM
E92

^um, I hope "Thomas" isn't you because the RIAA/whoever isn't a group to fuck with at all. That's like going "LULZ TEH FBIS AT MY DOOR WITH A BATTERING RAM"

I don't know the odds but that's why I don't host files on P2P... I would hate to be the latest sob story on Yahoo's front page about being sued by the RIAA for whatever ridiculous amount of money they want

The spawning thing is ridiculous though... its by far, the worst part about the game. Seriously doesn't the game know better if the whole enemy team is rushing your spawn to put you somewhere else? To not be able to even take 4 steps before you die is just ridiculous
No, that's me. That's what I get for downloading it from a public tracker though. I forgot to delete it after it was done downloading. Sucks that demonoid is down. I need to find a new private tracker.
Old 11-19-2009, 10:08 AM
Keep It Simple in

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
^your gonna get v&
Old 11-19-2009, 11:47 AM
What Would Don Draper Do?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old 11-19-2009, 02:30 PM

^

I tried to add Chad Ochocinco as a friend on XBL but his friends list was full

I guess its kinda good anyway, I googled his gamertag and one of his tweets was "WTF! These people online are too good! My bullets ain't workin!"
Old 11-19-2009, 11:50 PM
Racer

Ps3 mw2 - add me... ronzhi
Old 11-19-2009, 11:54 PM
says "hello to my TLX".

^

I tried to add Chad Ochocinco as a friend on XBL but his friends list was full

I guess its kinda good anyway, I googled his gamertag and one of his tweets was "WTF! These people online are too good! My bullets ain't workin!"

I made a setup with an RPD w/stopping power and steady aim along with a Stinger. I like to eff up sentry guns and any enemy aircraft.
Old 11-19-2009, 11:58 PM

Received 2,811 Likes on 1,991 Posts

forgot about this game, anyways time to load it up again
Old 11-20-2009, 05:57 PM
I don't have a Ferrari in

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I just wasted two people's harriers with my riot shield. I shot it a few times to get its attention and switched to riot shield. Two times, the Harriers wasted its entire run on me and I got all the points from blocking bullets.

As hilarious and as great a decoy as I am, I find it incredible that the riot shield can take so much damage. Some guy committed suicide by shooting an AT4 at my back while I had my riot shield there and he blew himself up whereas I took almost no damage. Yet, a SemTec will kill me. Ridiculous I tell you.
Old 11-20-2009, 06:21 PM
F1 cart racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
riot shields are fun, i love when people just back up and away from you hhaahah

Quick Reply: 360, PS3, PC, Wii: Call of Duty - Modern Warfare 2