Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2010, 10:27 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
Ouch
Old 10-21-2010, 12:05 PM
Safety Car

Received 64 Likes on 59 Posts
Toyota is Japanese version of government motors. buying alot of small companies to outgrow its size. now that culture of short term profits has caught up with it.
Old 10-21-2010, 12:24 PM
The sizzle in the Steak

Received 1,877 Likes on 1,297 Posts
Toyota is going to recall everything....for fear of the public backlash.

This is what happens when you don't recall quickly, and the media circus comes to town along with the morons in congress grandstanding to paint you as the devil.

Now everything no matter how minor will be a recalled by Toyota.

...and to a lesser extend the rest of the auto industry is doing the same.
For better or for worse.
Old 10-21-2010, 01:24 PM
YEH
Burning Brakes

Received 115 Likes on 88 Posts
Let's not overlook this one.

(Reuters) - Toyota Motor Corp (7203.T) in the United States has told its dealers to fix some 2010 Corolla and Matrix models because an accessory engine belt may deteriorate and detach, according to a notice to dealers.

About 10,750 vehicles may be affected by the "limited service campaign." There are about 9,400 Corollas that could have the accessory belt issue, and 1,350 Matrix vehicles.

The cars affected have the 2ZR-FE engine. The engine accessory belt used to transfer force from the engine to the air conditioner, alternator and water pump may pull free from pulleys. The engine may overheat, the notice said.
http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE69D0GE20101015
Old 10-21-2010, 02:13 PM
The sizzle in the Steak

^^ Why? It's such a small recall.
Old 12-23-2010, 02:40 PM
Safety Car

Received 1,400 Likes on 704 Posts
Post Bob Baker is a Brave Man ....

Dec. 23 (Bloomberg) -- Toyota Motor Corp., saying it reached an out-of-court settlement with the family of a California Highway Patrol officer who together with three others died when their car sped out of control and crashed, said it was disappointed that the amount of the settlement was made public.

The Los Angeles Times, citing an attorney for the car dealership that loaned the vehicle to Mark Saylor, reported today that Toyota agreed to pay $10 million. Larry Willis, the lawyer representing Bob Baker Lexus, which provided the Lexus ES350 sedan and which isn’t part of the agreement, didn’t return calls and e-mails from Bloomberg News seeking comment.

A gag order barring the parties involved from discussing the settlement terms, which must be approved by a state court judge in Los Angeles, expired yesterday.

“These parties agreed to keep the amount confidential, in part to protect the families from unwanted solicitations and to allow them to move on from this difficult period,”
the Toyota City, Japan-based automaker said today in an e-mailed statement. “Mr. Baker now wants the amount publicized in an apparent effort to shift the focus away from his dealership as he continues to litigate this case with the families.”

Saylor, 45, his wife, their 13-year-old daughter and his brother-in-law died Aug. 28, 2009, when the Lexus they had on loan while his car was being serviced at the dealer crashed.

Toyota Recalls

Toyota has recalled more than 8 million vehicles for repairs related to sudden unintended acceleration. In September 2009, the automaker announced a recall of 3.8 million Toyota and Lexus vehicles because of a defect that may cause floor mats to jam accelerator pedals. The company later recalled vehicles over defects involving the pedals themselves.

According to the March 2 lawsuit filed by Saylor’s family, the Lexus accelerated on its own and reached speeds of more than 100 miles an hour when it came to the end of a freeway and broke through a fence. In a 911 emergency call that Saylor’s brother- in-law made from the car before the crash, he said that the car’s accelerator was stuck, according to the complaint.

Toyota said in today’s statement that a December 2009 San Diego County Sheriff’s Department report on the crash “determined that the cause was an incompatible all-weather floor mat from a Lexus SUV model that was installed incorrectly in the ES 350 sedan at the dealership.”

The report concluded that the accelerator pedal became trapped either in the grooves of mat, which is larger and thicker than the correct mat for the sedan, or underneath it, according to Toyota’s statement. The report also found that clips to hold the mat in place were not attached, which could have allowed it to move forward, Toyota said.

The case is John Saylor v. Toyota Motor Corp., 37-2010- 00086718, California Superior Court, San Diego County.

--Editors: Michael Hytha, Steve Farr.

To contact the reporter on this story: Edvard Pettersson in Los Angeles at epettersson@bloomberg.net.

To contact the editor responsible for this story: David E. Rovella at drovella@bloomberg.net.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-26-2011, 06:44 AM
Your Friendly Canadian

Received 1,485 Likes on 1,049 Posts
Toyota: Recalls Nearly 1.7 Million Vehicles Worldwide

Link: http://www.google.com/hostednews/can...?docId=5762067

By Yuri Kageyama (CP) – 1 hour ago
TOKYO — Toyota recalled nearly 1.7 million cars worldwide Wednesday for fuel leaks, the latest in a ballooning number of quality problems that could add another dent to its tarnished reputation in the crucial U.S. market.
Toyota's latest recalls are mostly in Japan, but they also include the IS and GS Lexus luxury models in North America, where the world's No. 1 automaker faces the biggest obstacles to winning back customer trust.
Toyota's U.S. sales lagged last year despite an industry recovery, putting General Motors Co. within reach of reclaiming its title as the world's biggest car maker by number of vehicles sold. Toyota Motor Corp. became the top-selling automaker in 2008, dethroning GM after nearly 80 years of dominance.
There were no accidents suspected of being related to the latest recall, according to Toyota. The car maker said it had received 77 complaints overseas, 75 of them in North America, and more than 140 in Japan.
Koji Endo, auto analyst with Advanced Research Japan Co. in Tokyo, said the latest recall will cost Toyota about 20 billion yen ($240 million), and that won't hurt its earnings performance by much.
"But there is that perception of here we go again, and that hurts Toyota's image, especially in North America," he said.
Toyota is likely trying to be aggressive with recalls, carrying them out quickly before they turn into bigger problems, and so the latest one is not a sign that quality is taking another plunge for the worse at the automaker, Endo said.
Still, the manufacturer — whose "Toyota Way" production methods have been praised and emulated around the world — can't hope to claim to have put the problems behind it either.
The largest number of the affected vehicles was in Japan at nearly 1.3 million — the second-largest auto recall in the nation's history — and involving two different problems.
The biggest recall in Japan was in 2005, also by Toyota, when nearly 1.3 million Corolla cars were recalled for a faulty headlight switch and some other problems, according to the Japanese transport ministry.
The latest quality hitch comes on top of the spate of massive recalls that began in late 2009, mostly in North America and which now cover more than 12 million vehicles.
Toyota has been struggling to regain its once solid reputation among buyers for producing reliable vehicles. The biggest damage to Toyota's image has been in the U.S. where its response was seen as dallying.
The recalls since late 2009 include defective floor mats and gas pedals that get stuck, some of them suspected of causing unintended acceleration or runaway vehicles.
In one of the problems announced Wednesday, an improper installation of a sensor to measure fuel pressure may cause the sensor to loosen as a result of engine vibration over time, and possibly cause fuel leakage, the company said. That problem also affects 280,000 Lexus cars sold abroad, 255,000 of them in North America and 10,000 in Europe.
Included under that recall are the 2006 through 2007 Lexus GS300/350, 2006 through early 2009 Lexus IS250, and 2006 through early 2008 Lexus IS350 sold in the U.S.
Lexus dealers will inspect the vehicles for fuel leakage and will tighten the fuel pressure sensor with the proper torque, if nothing is leaking. If a leak is confirmed, the gasket between the sensor and the delivery pipe will be replaced, it said.
That same problem was also found in the Crown and Mark X models sold in Japan.
The second problem, which affects 141,000 Avensis sedans and station wagons sold in Europe, and New Zealand, was caused by irregular work on the fuel pipe, which may cause cracks and fuel leakage, Toyota said.
That problem was also found in 16 models sold in Japan, including the Noah subcompact, RAV4 sport-utility vehicle and Wish cars.
Toyota also recalled 6,000 trucks made by group company Daihatsu Motor Co., which were sold under the Toyota brand in Japan, for a problem with a metal part attaching a spare tire to the bottom of the truck. The tire could come loose and fall on the road, Toyota said.
In December, Toyota agreed to pay $32.4 million in fines to the U.S. government to settle the investigation into its handling of two recalls. The latest settlement was on top of the $16.4 million fine Toyota paid earlier.
Toyota has stayed popular in Japan, partly because government incentives for green vehicles sent sales of its Prius gasoline-electric hybrid booming.
Chief Executive Akio Toyoda, the grandson of the automaker's founder, has vowed to regain trust and be quicker in responding to customer needs.
Toyota has held the spot of the world's biggest automaker in annual vehicle sales for three years straight, including last year though General Motors was close behind. But some believe that Toyota's relentless drive for growth hurt quality.
Toyota shares fell nearly two per cent to close at 3,400 yen ($41) in Tokyo.
Old 01-26-2011, 07:42 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
Oye
Old 01-26-2011, 01:05 PM
2010 TL AWD 6MT: New King

Received 165 Likes on 104 Posts
IMHO, these Toyota recalls are getting beyond ridiculous. A sign of diminishing quality control, a company that's grown too big for its own good, who knows...

I had a 2009 Lexus IS 250 AWD I traded in a 4,000 miles b/c it became so fricking uncomfortable and painful to drive. Towards the end of my 4,000 disastrous journey with the IS, came the onslaught of recalls. No way I'm subjecting my family and daughter to this crap. Good riddance.

I've thought about getting a Rav4 or 4Runner, esp with the upcoming Tesla venture with the Rav4 EV in 2012. I don't think so anymore...

Where's the relentless pursuit of perfection?
Old 01-27-2011, 02:00 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 208 Likes on 187 Posts
Repost.

Oh wait, thats the other 6 Toyota recall threads.
Old 01-27-2011, 04:04 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts
man...this is really getting ridiculous...recalls after recalls. i'm glad i don't own any of those vehicles affected but i got friends and family members who do and I sure would hate to see any of them to be involved in any sort of accident due to these recall problems. toyota is not the toyota of old anymore.
Old 01-27-2011, 10:47 PM
אני עומד עם ישראל

Received 810 Likes on 522 Posts
Wowee I like the Highlander. A part of me thinks Toyota still produces a good car? Maybe I'm wrong.
Old 01-27-2011, 11:32 PM
Punk Rocker

Received 79 Likes on 57 Posts
Oh good, another recall to take care of...
Old 02-08-2011, 01:35 PM
The sizzle in the Steak

NHTSA: Toyota acceleration probe finds no electronic flaws

NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- An intensive 10 month investigation into possible causes of unintended acceleration in Toyota cars found no fault with the automaker's electronic throttle control systems, the Department of Transportation announced Tuesday.

U.S. Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood said, "We enlisted the best and brightest engineers to study Toyota's electronics systems, and the verdict is in. There is no electronic-based cause for unintended high-speed acceleration in Toyotas."

NHTSA enlisted the help of NASA scientists and engineers. The agency said their expertise in areas such as computer controlled electronic systems, electromagnetic interference and software integrity would be a big help.

Despite a string of recalls for other problems Toyota has long insisted that the electronic controls in its cars are safe.

Toyota recalled nearly 8 million vehicles in 2008 and 2009 for defects related to gas pedals -- including sticky pedals and floor mat obstruction -- as a result of complaints of unwanted acceleration.

So far, those two problems remain the only known causes of unintended acceleration in Toyota vehicles, NHTSA said.

Some critics of the automaker, at the time were not satisfied that those two problems were the only ones to blame for for the growing number of reports that Toyotas were accelerating out of control. They pointed to the electronic throttle control system as another possible culprit.

A common feature in newer vehicles, electronic throttle control uses sensors and computer chips to pass commands between the vehicles' gas pedal and the engine to control a car's speed instead of the simple mechanical connection used in older cars.

With the completion of the Toyota investigation, NHTSA said it would begin a broader look at the reliability and safety of electronics systems in modern automobiles.

Congress ordered the DOT to investigate whether there might be a problem with those electronic controls. The study was launched last spring.

As part of the study, the agencies ran tests at a Chrysler Group LLC testing facility in Auburn Hills, Mich. headquarters in which researchers bombarded Toyota vehicles with electromagnetic radiation to see if they could cause any malfunctions that might lead to unintended acceleration.

Toyota Motor Co. has also provided NASA software engineers with "unrestricted access" to the computer code used to control the electronic throttle control systems. The software engineers have been combing through the code looking for anything that might cause a car to accelerate out of control under any circumstances, NHTSA said.

Also, scientists at NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center and NHTSA East Liberty, Ohio, research center have been examining cars and Toyota throttle systems, searching for any defects that might cause unwanted acceleration.

This summer, NHTSA released the results of some investigations into Toyota sudden acceleration incidents. Those investigations specifically looked into 58 alleged unintended acceleration cases. These investigations suggested that drivers themselves may have been partly at fault. At that time the agency stressed that the results were preliminary.

Although Toyota sales have suffered much of the automaker's sales decline is due to an aging model line-up more than concerns over safety problems, analysts say.

Toyota now includes "brake override" on all its new vehicles. This system automatically cuts engine power as soon as the brake pedal is pressed in order to prevent unwanted acceleration.

NHTSA said that, by the end of this year, it would propose a rule requiring brake override on all new vehicles.

NHTSA also said it plans to propose requirements for standardized operation of push-button keyless ignition systems in cars and to require the installation of Event Data Recorders, devices that record various data including gas pedal and brake usage immediately before and after a major crash.

NHTSA will also research the design and placement of gas and brake pedals in cars to help reduce the possibility of drivers mistakenly pressing the wrong pedal.

Toyota is currently facing hundreds of lawsuits over alleged unintended acceleration, most of which have been grouped together in a single California court. Decisions in those cases are not expected for years.
http://money.cnn.com/2011/02/08/auto...port/index.htm

All the Toyota hating conspiracy theorists heads just exploded!!

All the stupid media circus, politician grandstanding, nutj ob opportunists trying to make a buck of Toyota.....FTL

Well, I guess I can say "I told you so."
:wink:
Old 02-08-2011, 03:14 PM
I

Received 58 Likes on 24 Posts
LOL @ 99% of people that posted here.

Acura is the best!
Old 02-08-2011, 05:15 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hopefully, toyota will get an apology unlike audi and their unintentional acceleration recall during the 80s.
Old 02-08-2011, 05:22 PM
Race Director

Received 625 Likes on 504 Posts
^ - nope, it's too late, the damage is already done as is apparent in their sales. But I'm not too worried - they'll bounce back.
Old 02-09-2011, 11:40 AM
The sizzle in the Steak

Where did all the Toyota conspiracy theorist go?!?!?!?!

Surely they have a new theory
Old 02-10-2011, 04:31 PM
Ultra Negro

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts
I thought most of the problems this stemmed from was from the cars being built in america?
Old 02-11-2011, 11:28 PM
Punk Rocker

Received 79 Likes on 57 Posts
I was right there with you Moog. Where's Majofo???
Old 02-11-2011, 11:49 PM
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Old 02-12-2011, 07:43 PM
Chapter Leader (Southern Region)

Received 11,841 Likes on 8,573 Posts
Originally Posted by majin ssj eric
I was right there with you Moog. Where's Majofo???
It's funny you guys quote financial news but I'm willing to bet neither of you actually read the NASA & NHTSA report in full. They tested a small subset of MY 2002-2007 Camry's with emphasis on the MY 2005 Camry. To this date there hasn't been a independent study on the subject vehicles. We're never going to see eye to eye on this so there's no need discuss it any further.
Old 02-12-2011, 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by OperationDarkie
I thought most of the problems this stemmed from was from the cars being built in america?
Old 02-14-2011, 10:59 AM
The sizzle in the Steak

Originally Posted by Majofo
It's funny you guys quote financial news but I'm willing to bet neither of you actually read the NASA & NHTSA report in full. They tested a small subset of MY 2002-2007 Camry's with emphasis on the MY 2005 Camry. To this date there hasn't been a independent study on the subject vehicles. We're never going to see eye to eye on this so there's no need discuss it any further.
We can't see eye to eye with you because you have some crazy conspiracy theories....that are base on nothing but conjecture.

Make sure you keep that tinfoil hat on. It's a scary world out here in reality where we don't wear 'em. :wink:

NASA engineers reviewed 280,000 lines of software code in Toyotas, and bombarded Toyota vehicles with electromagnetic radiation at a Chrysler facility in Auburn Hills as part of their 10-month investigation.
Next you are going to tell us that NASA is in bed with Toyota....it's all a grand conspiracy!!!!!

What you thought was wrong. It turns out Toyota was right all along.
Life goes on.
Old 02-14-2011, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by Moog-Type-S
We can't see eye to eye with you because you have some crazy conspiracy theories....that are base on nothing but conjecture.

Make sure you keep that tinfoil hat on. It's a scary world out here in reality where we don't wear 'em. :wink:

Next you are going to tell us that NASA is in bed with Toyota....it's all a grand conspiracy!!!!!

What you thought was wrong. It turns out Toyota was right all along.
Life goes on.
Old 02-15-2011, 05:05 PM
Evil Mazda Driver

Received 174 Likes on 89 Posts
:walksinandout:
Old 02-24-2011, 08:56 AM
Honda Fanboy

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Toyota to Recall More Than 2M Vehicles to Address Gas Pedal Problems Read more: http

Same old same old...

WASHINGTON -- Toyota to recall 2.17 million vehicles in U.S. to address potential gas pedal entrapment.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/02/24...#ixzz1Et92IoMn
Old 02-24-2011, 11:15 AM
The sizzle in the Steak

^^ Are they not addressing the issue of floor mat / accelerator pedal obstructions?
Old 02-24-2011, 01:43 PM
Honda Fanboy

Looks like the recall was NOT voluntary:

NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- Toyota is recalling 2.2 million vehicles to correct problems that can cause gas pedals to become stuck in floormats.

In one problem, the gas pedal can get stuck in the plastic pad part of the driver's side floormat, if the floormat isn't replaced properly after it's removed, Toyota said in its announcement. The automaker is recalling 20,000 2006 and early 2007 model year Lexus GS300 and GS350 All-Wheel cars to fix this problem.

Toyota's latest recalls
Carpet pad
Gas pedal can become stuck on a pad in the floormat
2007 Lexus GS300 AWD
2007 Lexus GS350 AWD
Plastic cover
A plastic piece can come loose and interfere with the gas pedal
2004 - 2007 Lexus RX 330
2004 - 2007 Lexus RX 350
2004 - 2007 Lexus RX 400h
2006 Toyota Highlander
2006 Toyota Highlander Hybrid
Floormats
Additional vehicles added to 2009 recall for potential floormat entrapment
2003 - 2009 Toyota 4Runner
2008 - 2011 Lexus LX570
2006 - 2010 Toyota RAV4
Source:Toyota
In other cars, a retention clip used to secure a piece on the vehicle's center console can come loose and interfere with the gas pedal.

To fix that issue, Toyota is recalling 372,000 model year 2004 through early 2007 Lexus RX 330, RX 350 and RX 400h SUVs, as well as approximately 397,000 2004 through 2006 Highlander and Highlander Hybrid SUVs.

Also, Toyota announced it is expanding a 2009 recall in which gas pedals could become trapped on extra-thick floormats that did not originally come with the car. Dealers will reshape the cars' gas pedals and floorboards so that they won't get stuck even when thick, all-weather floormats are used.

Approximately 603,000 model year 2003 through 2009 Toyota 4Runner SUVs, approximately 17,000 model year 2008 through 2011 Lexus LX570 SUVS and approximately 761,000 model year 2006 through 2010 RAV4s are being added to that recall.

The recalls come after a National Highway Traffic Safety Administration investigation to determine if Toyota's 2009 recall for pedal entrapment had gone far enough to cover all possible causes, NHTSA and Toyota said.

"The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration reviewed more than 400,000 pages of Toyota documents to determine whether the scope of its recalls for pedal entrapment was sufficient," NHTSA administrator David Strickland said in a statement. "As a result of the agency's review, NHTSA asked Toyota to recall these additional vehicles, and now that the company has done so, our investigation is closed."

NHTSA recently closed a separate 10-month investigation into whether electronics could have caused unintended acceleration in Toyotas, as some auto safety advocates had contended. Working with scientists from NASA, the agency concluded that electronics were not a factor.

The report ultimately blamed three things: pedals becoming trapped on floormats, pedals that can become stuck because of age and wear, and driver error.

Toyota's response to NHTSA's recall request -- promptly recalling nearly 2.2 million vehicles -- contrasts sharply with Ford's recent recall of 144,000 F-150 trucks after NHTSA requested the recall of 1.3 million.

The differing responses reflect the different positions of each automaker, said Scott Painter, chief executive of the automotive website Truecar.com. Given its recent history, Toyota had to respond strongly in the face of even the slightest question about safety.

"What they're really trying to do is put this investigation to bed," said Painter.

Ford, on the other hand, is riding a wave of public goodwill and, therefore, had more flexibility in its response.

"Ford is doing what any automaker should do and saying 'Safety has to be balanced with reason,'" said Painter.

In Ford's case, the carmaker elected to recall only those vehicles in which an airbag problem was most common. NHTSA is reviewing Ford's decision and could still demand a broader recall.

Customers who want more information on the recalls can call Toyota customer service at 1-800-331-4331 or Lexus customer service at 1-800-25 LEXUS or 1-800-255-398.
Old 03-07-2012, 11:10 PM
Honda Fanboy

More enormous recalls from Toyota.

Toyota recalling 680,000 vehicles

NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- Toyota Motors is recalling about 680,000 vehicles in the United States in two separate recalls. One recall involves airbags in pickups, the other is for faulty brake lights in sedans and crossovers.

The larger of the two recalls involves almost 500,000 2005 to 2009 Toyota Tacoma trucks. Part of the trucks' steering wheel mechanism may rub against a cable assembly. That could result in a damage to the electrical connection for the driver's airbag module, causing the airbag to be deactivated. If this happens, an airbag warning light on the dashboard will be illuminated and the airbag won't work in a crash.

The second recall involves about 70,500 2009 Toyota (TM) Camry sedans and 116,000 2009 to 2011 Toyota Venza crossover SUVs. Brake lamps on some of these vehicles were incorrectly installed so that silicon grease may have gotten inside the switch. The grease impedes the electrical flow inside the switch.

The vehicles' "shift interlock" safety systems rely on that electrical signal. The "shift interlock" system is designed to prevent the car from being started and shifted into Drive or Reverse without the brake being firmly pressed. The purpose of the system, which virtually all modern cars have, is to prevent accidental acceleration when a vehicle is first being started up.

While the brakes will work normally without electricity flowing through the switch, the vehicle' interlock systems may not recognize that the brake pedal is pressed, which will prevent the vehicle from shifting out of park.
If that happens, a warning lamp on the instrument panel will light up, the vehicle may not start and the gear selector lever may not shift out of the Park position. In some cases, the brake lamp itself may also not work.
No accidents or injuries have been reported as a result of either problem, according to Toyota.
Old 03-07-2012, 11:41 PM
I drive a Subata.

Received 2,603 Likes on 1,571 Posts
Must be happy.
Old 03-08-2012, 12:28 AM
Honda Fanboy

Originally Posted by JS + MS3
Must be happy.
What's wrong with you? Why would I be happy over peoples safety being at risk? I don't even want to know what your thought process (or lack thereof) was to muster up that comment.
Old 03-09-2012, 08:49 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by VTEC Racer
What's wrong with you? Why would I be happy over peoples safety being at risk? I don't even want to know what your thought process (or lack thereof) was to muster up that comment.
Why are you blasting just Toyota, acting as if they are the only ones with Recalls. What about the ones below recently from Honda, Nissan, Volkswagen, Subaru, GM, & Ford? They all have them, doesn't make Toyota specifically bad. Let's be fair and balanced!

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/02/22/h...tgate-failure/

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/02/23/h...-possible-fue/

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/02/28/n...le-fuel-leaks/

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/busines...pNHHFWof0KDbUK

http://wheels.blogs.nytimes.com/2011...r-fire-hazard/

http://news.consumerreports.org/safe...ke-issues.html

http://blogs.wsj.com/drivers-seat/20...ng-brake-pads/

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...223580950.html

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/45754519...-srx-globally/

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...80A1QX20120111
Old 03-10-2012, 07:06 PM
Honda Fanboy

So posting a news article regarding a recall which could affect the safety of people and someone you may know personally is blasting Toyota? This thread is about Toyota news, right?
Old 03-12-2012, 05:24 PM
Three Wheelin'

So posting a news article regarding a recall which could affect the safety of people and someone you may know personally is blasting Toyota? This thread is about Toyota news, right?
As someone else pointed out, you sound happy to be posting about them, multiple times. They aren't the only ones is what I'm trying to get at, they are only under the spotlight from recent events, most of which they have been exonerated in court for.

My point being, is that all the manufacturers have major safety recall issues from time to time, so nit picking on one is bias and illogical.
Old 03-12-2012, 06:13 PM
The sizzle in the Steak

meh...nothing to see here.
Old 03-12-2012, 06:41 PM
Honda Fanboy

Originally Posted by smarty666
As someone else pointed out, you sound happy to be posting about them, multiple times. They aren't the only ones is what I'm trying to get at, they are only under the spotlight from recent events, most of which they have been exonerated in court for.

My point being, is that all the manufacturers have major safety recall issues from time to time, so nit picking on one is bias and illogical.
Well I'm sorry if my typed words came off as "sounding" happy.

Instead of focusing on me, and making this personal, focus on the news at hand and comment about that. This isn't about me, even though that's what you're turning it into.
Old 03-12-2012, 08:46 PM
Three Wheelin'

Well I'm sorry if my typed words came off as "sounding" happy.

Instead of focusing on me, and making this personal, focus on the news at hand and comment about that. This isn't about me, even though that's what you're turning it into.
Fine, I'll turn it to the news at hand. Ford, Nissan, Honda, Volkswagen, GM, etc are all having major safety recalls affects hundreds of thousands of vehicles, just like Toyota's recall are. They are no better or worse than anyone else. Luckily we have recalls rather than the company claiming there is no issue and the customer is making it up.
Old 03-12-2012, 10:31 PM
Honda Fanboy

Originally Posted by smarty666
Fine, I'll turn it to the news at hand. Ford, Nissan, Honda, Volkswagen, GM, etc are all having major safety recalls affects hundreds of thousands of vehicles, just like Toyota's recall are. They are no better or worse than anyone else. Luckily we have recalls rather than the company claiming there is no issue and the customer is making it up.
You should post the info in their respective threads so we can all be informed about it.
Old 06-05-2013, 12:38 PM

Received 5,913 Likes on 2,914 Posts
Hybrid Brake Recall: http://money.cnn.com/2013/06/05/news...html?hpt=hp_t3

Toyota is recalling nearly a quarter of a million vehicles because of a braking problem.

The Japanese automaker said Wednesday the global recall would affect 242,000 Prius and Lexus hybrid cars made between March and October 2009.

Toyota (TM) said it had received more than 90 complaints from drivers who said they needed to step more heavily on the brake pedal than they were used to.

A spokeswoman said a flaw was allowing nitrogen gas to leak into the brake fluid, reducing the effectiveness of the brakes. There were no reports of accidents or injuries, she said.

Most of the cars affected are in Japan, where 117,000 vehicles are being recalled, followed by 91,000 in North America, 30,000 in Europe and smaller numbers in other markets.

Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc., said it would inspect the brake booster pump assembly on recalled Prius and Lexus HS 250h vehicles and replace it if necessary.

Toyota has been struggling to repair its reputation for reliability and safety after a series of recalls affecting millions of vehicles in recent years.

In April, Toyota said it was recalling 1.7 million cars around the world, including some popular Corolla, Matrix and Tundra models, due to problems with airbags.

Last October, the world's biggest automaker recalled over 7 million cars because of a power window problem that posed a fire risk.

Quick Reply: Toyota: Recall News