Old 11-01-2009, 06:40 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A TSX coupe would be smaller than a TSX :P
Old 11-14-2009, 07:54 AM
Safety Car

Received 1,400 Likes on 704 Posts
Post CarThrottle

Last month, the ZDX made its first appearance as a production model at the Orange County Auto Show. The release included some of the details that have been missing from past announcements.

A new “category” is emerging in the United States for vehicles that just refused to be categorized (if that makes sense).

BMW arguably was the starter of this “segment” when it introduced the X6 coupe-like crossover. The BMW 5-Series GT and BMW X1 are other vehicles that have followed after the X6.

Now Acura has entered the fray with its new ZDX crossover. Like many others, I expected the ZDX to be a volume model for Acura. Speaking with Acura’s PR department however revealed a sales projection of only 6,000 units per year. While internal projections are expected to be higher in order to claim a sales victory, that is no doubt a figure the ZDX should hit.

Stylistically the ZDX is a big improvement from what what we have seen recently. The brand’s technologically-oriented design cues play well inside and out – Acura even ventures out a bit with an available two-tone interior color scheme.

It remains to see how consumers respond to these mixed-type vehicles – is there a market? Acura and BMW in particular seem to think so.

I could see the ZDX resonating as a successful new model for Acura. It is the first vehicle to be designed from start to finish in Acura’s design studio in Torrance, California. Acura also says it has been “designed, developed and engineered entirely in North America.”

Many want and need the capabilities of a vehicle like the ZDX but don’t want to sacrifice the “cool” factor in doing so. The ZDX is one that focuses on that factor perhaps more than most – something that on first glance the BMW 5-Series GT doesn’t provide.

As to performance, the ZDX is motivated by a 3.7-liter VTEC® V-6 that generates 300 horsepower and 270 lb-ft of torque.

On paper and in pictures, the ZDX looks good. Acura is basically positioning the ZDX as a four-door sports crossover coupe and it will be priced as such – official data isn’t available yet but rumors peg it in the $40K range.

A key element for the ZDX is if the driving experience delivers. If the ZDX can live up to that promise, it will be a very appealing package – the most appealing one from Acura in quite some time.

Old 11-20-2009, 10:07 AM
Safety Car

Lightbulb MotorAuthority

Internet can be a rough-and-tumble sort of place. That's a fact Acura has learned first hand with its ZDX, which met with a lot of resistance before it was ever in a reviewer's hands. Now that we at High Gear Media have had a chance to give it the once-over, however, we think the masses may have gotten it wrong--at least in part.

Yes, we're still confused as to what it actually is. But what it does is easy enough: it gives Acura an answer to the question asked by the BMW X6 and repeated by the 5-Series Gran Turismo. What was the question? Who knows. Apparently it involved something about hatchbacks, crossovers, and not wanting to fit into established categories.

Once you get past the ontological issues, however, the Acura ZDX--like the X6--is actually an interesting car. Priced to start at $42,500 in base trim, it's also the most affordable of the new breed of luxury crossover/hatch/coupes.

The styling itself is often successful--a muscular fender, a graceful turn of the roofline. But its the utility/performance package that really makes the ZDX. And though it sacrifices a lot of utility with that swooping roofline, it does pack in a fair dose of performance. The 3.7-liter V-6 engine is rated at 300 horsepower and 270 pound-feet of torque, capable of hauling the big vehicle to 60 mph in less than 8 seconds with the help of a six-speed paddle-shifted gearbox.

Power can be shifted around a lot as well, thanks to the Super-Handling All-Wheel Drive (SH-AWD) system. While normal driving sees a typical 90-10 front-rear torque split, up to 70% of the engine's power can be sent rearward when necessary. That's enough to give the ZDX a distinctly rear-drive feel, and combined with the ability to send power side to side across the axles, it makes the biggish crossover feel more nimble than it would otherwise.

High Gear Media's editors don't like the advanced Integrated Dynamics System for the suspension, however, preferring instead the single-setting system in the base vehicle. When the Comfort mode of the IDS is selected, it's often too floaty and disconnected even for mundane city driving, while in Sport even flowing two-lane black top can feel like a washboard. The base's compromise setting nabs the best of both worlds.

Going back to the issue of passenger and cargo space, there were some obvious compromises made to give the ZDX its aggressive profile. Rear-seat passengers are short on head room, and also on leg room, and the seats themselves are hard to access due to being recessed somewhat behind the door openings. Cramped conditions in back mean front-seat passengers will have to sacrifice their otherwise adequate space, crowding the cabin further.

This is an obvious symptom of a car designed to be used primarily as a two-seater, but capable of occasional rear-seat duty. And at that level, the ZDX succeeds. Just don't expect it to be a grand tourer for four like the BMW X6 or 5-Series GT. At some point, given the compromised weight, passenger space and cargo room, you have to ask yourself if you wouldn't be better off with a true two seater for the weekends and an SUV or crossover for the week.

As for features, the ZDX shows its Acura colors by offering an excellent range of standard equipment, including 19-inch alloy wheels, USB MP3 and iPod connectivity, XM Satellite Radio, Bluetooth, a panoramic glass roof, and a power rear liftgate. Like most other Acuras, a Technology Package is also available, adding navigation, voice recognition, a DVD Audio system, reverse camera, keyless entry and real-time traffic and weather info. Opting for the Advance Package adds the irritating IDS suspension system, ventilated seats, and a sport steering wheel.

Finally, there's safety to think about. Since a lot of the reason behind moving away from a small, lithe two-seat sports car and into the realm of crossovers is perceived safety, it's a fair consideration for any ZDX shopper. The 2010 ZDX meets its goals in terms of features, though neither the NHTSA nor the IIHS have yet published test data for the car. Still, with a flotilla of airbags, antilock brakes, stability control and all-wheel drive standard, the ZDX has a head start on the game. An optional 180-degree multi-view camera lets you see all the way around the rear of the vehicle, a real help when reversing in potentially chaotic environments. Optional blind spot alert, collision mitigating brake system and adaptive cruise control further boost on-road safety.

Overall, the 2010 Acura ZDX is a bit off-putting to some, and requires a willingness to compromise for others, but provides a quality, high-tech package that blends SUV and coupe bodystyles.
Old 11-20-2009, 10:22 AM
The sizzle in the Steak

Received 1,877 Likes on 1,297 Posts
Acura prices 2010 ZDX crossover from $45,495

Acura’s new ZDX “four-door sports coupe,” as the company chooses to call it, will be priced from $45,495 plus destination when it goes on sale on December 15. Three trim levels will be available: The base ZDX, ZDX Technology Package and ZDX Advance Package.

The “four-door coupe” trend quickly spread throughout the luxury sedan segment following the launch of the Mercedes CLS, and it looks as though the ‘CUV coupe’ segment is the next frontier for luxury automakers.

Obviously some of the ZDX Concept’s details have been toned-down, but the production ZDX is, for the most part, staying true to the show car. That ZDX’s radically sloping roofline is the most obvious concept feature to make production, giving the ZDX more or a car look than the BMW X6.

Despite that sloping roofline, the ZDX offers an adequate amount of cargo storage. With the rear seat up, the ZDX offers 26.3 cubic feet of rear cargo space. That figure expands to 55.8 cubic feet with the rear seats folded flat.

Buyers with towing needs will be forced to skip over the ZDX as it is only rated to tow a car-like 1,500 pounds.

Up front is Acura’s signature front grill with the ZDX’s headlights getting a new look for production.

The ZDX’s interior is very similar to that found in the TL sedan. A navigation screen is mounted high atop the center stack, with plenty of hooding to protect it from outside light. The center stack has the same overall layout as the TL, although it is a bit more sculpted. The ZDX also features Acur’a quad pack gauge cluster.

Power for the ZDX will come from Honda’s 3.7L V6, tuned to produce 300 horsepower and 270 lb-ft of torque. Power will be routed through a six-speed automatic, eventually meeting the pavement at all four corners via Acura’s Super Handling All-Wheel Drive. Fuel economy for the ZDX is 16/22 mpg city/highway.

The 2010 ZDX will be available in three trim levels — ZDX, ZDX with Technology Package and ZDX with Advace Package. The base model ZDX will come very well equipped — sporting a panoramic glass roof, hand stitched leather, Bluetooth, power tailgate and CD stereo with USB and iPod connectivity. The Technology Package trim level will add voice activated navigation, upgrade stereo and rear-view camera while the Advance Package will up the ante to include a blind spot information system, Collision Mitigating Braking System and Adaptive Cruise Control
http://www.leftlanenews.com/acura-zdx.html#more-20434
Old 11-20-2009, 10:23 AM
Racer

Wow @ $56k for the advanced package
Old 11-20-2009, 11:13 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 69 Likes on 55 Posts
56.000$...
a big seller as the RL...?
Old 11-20-2009, 01:54 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
I like it in black, but the price is too high for me.
Old 11-20-2009, 02:15 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Acura must have lost their minds with prices that high. I doubt this will even make their already low sales targets.
Old 11-21-2009, 01:39 AM
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

no thank you.
Old 11-21-2009, 03:20 AM
2nd Gear

i guess there really are some with money to blow
Old 11-21-2009, 08:27 AM
Go Big Blue!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Haccord6
i guess there really are some with money to blow
I think it's more an issue of value than price. Acura's core customer is value orientated because that's really Acura's core strength. That doesn't mean Acura buyers are "cheap", it means they are motivated by good smart business decisions and getting the best product for the money. I know lots of people who drive Acura's who could easily buy a much more expensive car. They just choose not to.

I think Acura can survive and grow as they go upmarket if they maintain that formula. Sure they will lose customers who get truly priced out, but there are value buyers all along the economic scale with "money to blow" on smart choices. They will naturally pickup those buyers along the way.
Old 11-21-2009, 10:54 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by SpicyMikey
I think it's more an issue of value than price. Acura's core customer is value orientated because that's really Acura's core strength. That doesn't mean Acura buyers are "cheap", it means they are motivated by good smart business decisions and getting the best product for the money. I know lots of people who drive Acura's who could easily buy a much more expensive car. They just choose not to.

I think Acura can survive and grow as they go upmarket if they maintain that formula. Sure they will lose customers who get truly priced out, but there are value buyers all along the economic scale with "money to blow" on smart choices. They will naturally pickup those buyers along the way.
I'm sorry but nothing about the ZDX is "sensible"
Old 11-21-2009, 11:02 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 236 Likes on 97 Posts
I was shocked when I saw the price on the main page
Old 11-21-2009, 12:11 PM
Go Big Blue!

Originally Posted by (Cj)
I'm sorry but nothing about the ZDX is "sensible"
... to you.

Important to add scope to a statement like that CJ. Everyone has their own unique priorities.
Old 11-21-2009, 12:52 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,012 Likes on 567 Posts

I wonder if there is a way to keep the 'traditional' buyer while introducing higher priced product to hunt 'bigger' game? I wonder if this is something they were trying to do with the NSX replacement as a chassis?
Old 11-21-2009, 02:21 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,614 Likes on 2,193 Posts
Guys, why are you freaking out about the price?

The price ($56k for the top of the line model) is no surprise. This was designed during the "we are going Tier 1" days and part of that was moving the brand upscale. Acura is at least being realistic in saying that they are hoping for 6000 sales. Remember when they were aiming for 20,000 RL sales and didn't make it? At least by using MDX parts every sale is at a profit for Acura.

I think if Acura markets it well enough, it will sell.

Now how about that 3G RL?
Old 11-21-2009, 03:13 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by neuronbob
Guys, why are you freaking out about the price?
.... because it's what they do??
Old 11-21-2009, 03:54 PM
Go Big Blue!

Originally Posted by Colin
I wonder if there is a way to keep the 'traditional' buyer while introducing higher priced product to hunt 'bigger' game? I wonder if this is something they were trying to do with the NSX replacement as a chassis?
Good question. I'd be interested in your feelings being in Acura sales. I personally think there is a danger of spreading the pricepoint to far. I think one of Acura's image problems is due to still having one foot in the Honda price range. I know you probably pay rent with TSX sales, but as they introduce more vehicles in the $50k+ range, don't they need to walk away from cars starting in the $20's? Leave those to Honda.

I'd personally love to see them develop an entirely Acura based answer to a 3 series complete with different variants like a coupe, convertible, etc., all priced in the $35k-50k price range If they did that, I'd sit up and take notice. At that point I'd really start thinking Honda is finally serious about taking this brand global. More so than introducing a new NSX
Old 11-21-2009, 04:38 PM
Safety Car

Received 64 Likes on 59 Posts
$56K is pretty high for US/Canadian built. I would be generous of giving it $48K~$50K. It is only because of that roof/blind spot monitoring/ACC/CMBS/6speed auto/ventilated seats/multiview rear camera.
$6K is i think enough for these upgardes over TL-SH-AWD.
It is neither faster nor handles better than TL-SH-AWD. And it does not a 7 seater to generate full size premium or serious offroad ability.
I would say people will buy new GX-460 at this price point. It has V8 smothness (327 ft-lb@3400rpm) with similar fuel economic, 8 seater, Very tall and imposing view and shorter length. I think it will give similar performance in straight line.
Edmunds got 15mpg from 5500lb heavy, very wide and tall Tundra. All on regular unleaded.
Old 11-21-2009, 05:06 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by SSFTSX
I would say people will buy new GX-460 at this price point.
But it looks like a truck. What if you don't want something "Very tall and imposing"?

This is an 'I just want it' vehicle. There are more practical (MDX), better performing but more limited (TL or RL) cars in the stable. This is essentially a niche of a niche. I don't expect the world from this, but I do expect that those that 'get it' will love theirs (much like RL customers).
Old 11-21-2009, 05:20 PM
Suzuka Master

...I'd personally love to see them develop an entirely Acura based answer to a 3 series complete with different variants like a coupe, convertible, etc., all priced in the $35k-50k price range
I was thinking about the 3 series recently and thought: if we viewed the Global Midsized platform as a 3 series, independent of badge, it actually matches the depth of the lineup (except for a convertible that is). Off of this chassis we have TSX, TSX Wagon, Accord, Crosstour, Accord Coupe, TL and TL AWD. There are three different gas I4's, two diesels, three V-6s, two manual transmissions, and two different AWD systems. Yeah I know that it doesn't go as far as an M3, but it also goes into areas that the 3 does not. (ie. affordability and reliability).
Old 11-21-2009, 05:59 PM
Safety Car

But it looks like a truck. What if you don't want something "Very tall and imposing"?

This is an 'I just want it' vehicle. There are more practical (MDX), better performing but more limited (TL or RL) cars in the stable. This is essentially a niche of a niche. I don't expect the world from this, but I do expect that those that 'get it' will love theirs (much like RL customers).
who dont like tall and imposing veiw in manageble vehicle.(tight turning circle, height adjustments airsuspension is also there) ZDX is neither a car nor an CUV let alone SUV.
ZDX a nich but too much into nich without offering anything new.for Niche it has to offer some thing which is not there.
I am pretty sure GX-460 is going to introduce some newest electronics gadgetry.
Old 11-21-2009, 06:10 PM
Suzuka Master

who dont like tall and imposing
Me for one. As usual, nobody can have an opinion that is different than yours
Old 11-21-2009, 06:53 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Me too, that's why vehicles like this appeal to me more than SUVs. I don't like the tall tippy and HUGE feeling.
Old 11-21-2009, 07:36 PM
Three Wheelin'

I think the Infiniti FX (even EX) is a better answer to the question of "Can you have a performance Coupe in a CUV?" For the price you can get a 390hp FX, or even get a Porsche Cayenne.
Old 11-21-2009, 07:46 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by (Cj)
I think the Infiniti FX (even EX) is a better answer to the question of "Can you have a performance Coupe in a CUV?" For the price you can get a 390hp FX, or even get a Porsche Cayenne.
No, it's just another answer.
Old 11-21-2009, 09:44 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
56K doesn't get my attention at all. But when they price it at 75K in Canada I may raise an eyebrow or two.
Old 11-21-2009, 09:53 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by dom
56K doesn't get my attention at all. But when they price it at 75K in Canada I may raise an eyebrow or two.
or three!
Old 11-22-2009, 12:06 AM
CL6
My only car is a Bus

I dropped by the Acura dealer where I used to work. They thought it was so funny their ZDX was going to be 56k! The only relief was that they were getting only one per month.
Old 11-22-2009, 10:40 AM
Safety Car

It depends when you see both ZDX and GX side by side. GX would look much better. ZDX is even longer.
GX has even tighter turning circle than RX. and newer on they managed to bring its Cd to RX level. It is just more maneourable in tight spaces. Acura hasnt paid much attention to these things in ZDX and MDX.
Old 11-22-2009, 02:26 PM
Suzuka Master

It depends when you see both ZDX and GX side by side. GX would look much better. ZDX is even longer.
GX has even tighter turning circle than RX. and newer on they managed to bring its Cd to RX level. It is just more maneourable in tight spaces. Acura hasnt paid much attention to these things in ZDX and MDX.
Maybe if you're looking for a tall, skinny, tippy looking truck, the GX wins. C'mon, listen to yourself!

Turning radius? Will a whopping 1 foot difference make one vehicle more "maneourable" than another?
Old 11-22-2009, 05:21 PM
CL6
My only car is a Bus

Yea I have to laugh at the turning radius argument. Having a crappy one never hurt Toyota/Lexus.
Old 11-22-2009, 07:17 PM
Safety Car

Maybe if you're looking for a tall, skinny, tippy looking truck, the GX wins. C'mon, listen to yourself!

Turning radius? Will a whopping 1 foot difference make one vehicle more "maneourable" than another?
People living in Condos and town homes will appreciate it. In addition to that more sophisticated all round monitor that can even work under water and point exactly where the front wheels are. good for tight spaces. and it is not thin and tall. but pretty close to LX and with lexus upscale interior, refinement of V8 and plenty of low end torque for passing and merging not mention great visibility from its tall position all around Vented disc brakes, lower turns lock to lock for steering wheel just like a car. you just cannot increase the width of car. ZDX is unreasonably wide. 78.5 inches without mirror and 85inch with mirros. where you are going to park it?. I have doubt even about street parking. there are more technology coming in GX like conting rain drops on wind shield. how bothersome slow rain and high speed wiper.
Old 11-22-2009, 07:59 PM
6G TLX-S

Received 1,154 Likes on 825 Posts
Originally Posted by neuronbob

I think if Acura markets it well enough, it will sell.

Now how about that 3G RL?
No amount of marketing will enable an overpriced product to sell well especially from a non-established luxury brand.

However, drop the price tag by $10K, and then it will sell like hotcakes.
Old 11-22-2009, 09:10 PM
Suzuka Master

.......GX like conting rain drops on wind shield....
Well, you go "cont" those raindrops and check back later ok? Be sure to count every one of them before you get back ya' hear?

Meanwhile, in the real world, these two cars will have very little overlap in buyers.
Old 12-10-2009, 02:39 AM
You'll Never Walk Alone

Received 845 Likes on 526 Posts
http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...take_road_test

Looks like the 6AT is a pretty decent upgrade as you can see from the following performance numbers (numbers in brackets for MDX 5AT for comparison).

Zero to 60 mph: 6.4 sec (7)
Zero to 100 mph: 17.0 sec (19.4)
Street start, 5–60 mph: 6.7 sec (7.6)
Standing ¼-mile: 14.9 sec @ 95 mph (15.5@90mph)
Top speed (governor limited): 127 mph (121)
Braking, 70–0 mph: 177 ft
Roadholding, 300-ft-dia skidpad: 0.85 g

FUEL ECONOMY:
EPA city/highway driving: 16/22 mpg (17/22)
C/D observed: 20 mpg (17)

In fact, when you look at the performance numbers, the ZDX is nearly as fast as the TL SH-AWD 5AT that's around 500lb lighter. It would be interesting to see the 6AT in the TL for sure. Also, the fuel economy is pretty decent. Heck, a Corolla gets 22mpg according to Car and Driver (http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...take_road_test). 20mpg also looks good compared with other similar sized SUVs/CUVs (in the 14-18mpg range).
Old 12-10-2009, 06:59 AM
Safety Car

Post Ap

Whats more important — looks or practicality?

Its a natural question for shoppers considering Acuras newest sport utility vehicle, the ZDX.

The new-for-2010 ZDX pushes the styling envelope with a sleek, coupe-like body that rides high above the pavement, SUV-style. But the tradeoffs include compromised visibility out the back and lengthy front doors that can bang into adjacent cars in parking lots when passengers try to exit the vehicle.

The ZDX, arriving in showrooms Dec. 15, comes with the most modernly luxurious interior of any Acura, including handsome, closed-loop carpeting and hand-applied leather strips on the dashboard. But back seat room is surprisingly cramped, and the ZDX roofline can cause some passengers to bump their heads as they enter.

With a starting manufacturers suggested retail price, including destination charge, of $46,305, the ZDX is $1,335 less than the base price of Acuras most expensive vehicle in base form, the RL sedan.

But where the RLs top model has a retail price of $55,060, the top ZDX, which was the test model, is $56,855.

Such lofty pricing puts the five-seat ZDX, which comes standard with a 300-horsepower V-6, automatic transmission, leather-trimmed seats and all-wheel drive, in the company of other high-brow luxury SUVs.

The 300-horsepower, 2010 BMW X6, for example, has a starting retail price, including destination charge, of $57,125. Meantime, the 2010 Infiniti FX35 with 303-horsepower V-6 starts at $43,265.

Acura officials reportedly only expect some 6,000 ZDX sales annually, which would make it the second-lowest-volume Acura after the RL, based on calendar 2008 sales results.

Despite its looks, this newest Acura uses some familiar Acura parts. The ZDX rides on the platform thats used by the eight-passenger Acura MDX, and the ZDX is powered by the 3.7-liter, single overhead cam V-6 thats in the MDX.

The two SUVs, as well as the Acura RL, use the companys Super Handling all-wheel drive system that can distribute engine torque between front and rear wheels as well as between right-side and left-side wheels. The ZDX weighs almost as much as the MDX, too — 4,424 pounds for the base ZDX, compared with the base MDXs 4,550 pounds.

And yet, the ZDX is less of an SUV. It can tow just 1,500 pounds, maximum, which is as much as the lighter-weight Honda CR-V with four-cylinder engine. In contrast, the MDX has a towing capacity of 5,000 pounds.

The ZDX cargo capacity, even with the second-row seats folded down, is just 55.8 cubic feet. This compares with the nearly 60 cubic feet in BMWs X6 and the 62 cubic feet in Infinitis FX35.

The test ZDX was comfortable, though still let in some road bumps, when its suspension was set on "comfort" mode. When moved to the "sport" mode, the firmness in the ride became pronounced, with passengers feeling some road bumps sharply. The different mode settings change damper settings on the suspension as well as steering. In "comfort" mode, the steering on the test ZDX had a light feel.

The interior was decently quiet, even as the ZDX rode on the biggest standard tires ever on an Acura — 19-inch Michelin all-season tires. The vehicles raked profile kept wind noise at a minimum. Like several other Honda vehicles, the ZDX includes an active noise control system to keep unwanted sounds away from passengers.

But it was awkward to step over the multiple sills at the doorway entrances of this SUV.

I also disliked the smallness of the side windows in the ZDX doors and both the thickness and positioning of the metal pillars around the windshield. The rear window was constricted, too, providing limited views of cars behind me.

In fact, when cars pulled up right behind my rear bumper, I couldn't see their headlights or hood, only their windshield and roof. The combination of blocked views made me feel a bit closed in inside the ZDX and hesitant about whether I was seeing everything around me.

As a result, I appreciated that the test model was the top-of-the-line ZDX that included amber blind-spot lights that illuminated at each front door to tell me if a vehicle was next to me.

I also had to use the rearview camera when backing up. Theres simply no way to see much through the smallish rear window on the tailgate.

Still, I have to mention the well-done panoramic roof with two sunshades thats standard on the ZDX. With both roller shades moved out of the way, the roof provided a sunny ambience.

The tester was loaded with all kinds of other nifty features, including a large display screen with navigation map and Acuras premium ELS audio system.

The ZDX doesnt do well on fuel. Premium gasoline is required, and the government mileage rating is just 16 miles per gallon in the city and 22 mpg on the highway.

I had good power — and needed it — to move the hefty-feeling ZDX around town and on highways. Torque peaks at 270 foot-pounds at 4,500 rpm. But I managed only 16.8 mpg in travel that was 70 percent city driving.

The ZDX, by the way, has Acuras first six-speed automatic transmission, and in the tester, there were times when it felt as if the tranny was wondering what gear it should be in. Then, it shifted noticeably.

The ZDX comes standard with most safety equipment, including curtain air bags, traction control, electronic stability control and even Trailer Stability Assist. The federal government has not posted ZDX crash test ratings.
Old 12-10-2009, 08:01 AM
Race Director

Received 631 Likes on 507 Posts
Is that expected 6000 sales a revised number? I thought they expected more. I guess they can put the expectations low enough they might actually get there. 500 sales/mo? I don't know.
Old 12-10-2009, 08:02 AM
2011 ZCP E92 M3!!

i think it wud better off to pay a bit more for the x6
Old 12-10-2009, 10:48 AM
Pro

Received 45 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by dave_ramkumar
i think it wud better off to pay a bit more for the x6
I agree.

I am actually considering an X6 for my next vehicle and im waiting for the ZDX to be releaased first.

IMO, the styling of the X6 is by far better than the ZDX but all i have seen are pictures of the ZDX and of course styling is subjective.

The thing that really surprises me is the towing capacity of the ZDX. I think they said its 1500-2000 lbs . Isnt this based off the MDX which is around 4500 lbs?? The X6 I believe is around 5000-6000 lbs and more cargo capacity. If this is true then their really isnt much comparison between the two and the price difference starts to become more justified IMO.

Quick Reply: Acura: ZDX News