Acura: NSX News

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2009, 11:28 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,012 Likes on 567 Posts
Originally Posted by dom
Which is exactly what I`m getting at. You can probably provide some anecdotal evidence of this by selling them. Do you see a shift in the types of people buying TL`s and TSX`s.
... and here I was trying to lead you to my theory that they come here, see post after post about how bad their cars are and leave. Anectdotally, I'll have to look. Had a pretty bad HD failure on my work computer and my database if fried. I'll look at home and see, I recall doing this for 1G TSXs.
Old 10-27-2009, 03:36 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 69 Likes on 55 Posts
Originally Posted by Moog-Type-S
If you are comparing the NA Ford Focus to the VW Golf, the answer is YES!!!

The NA Focus is a joke compared to the Euro Focus...I wish we got that bad boy here in NA.

....as for all the rest of the stuff you said... I'm stumped...I dunno where you are going with it
yeh, I have lost my self...
what we were talking about??
Old 10-27-2009, 09:19 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
Originally Posted by Colin
Had a pretty bad HD failure on my work computer and my database if fried. I'll look at home and see, I recall doing this for 1G TSXs.
The HD couldn't take all those pics of TL's coming up. It offed itself.
Old 10-27-2009, 01:48 PM
Go Big Blue!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by dom
I can say with a high degree of certainty that I've never seen such negativity towards Honda/Acura here and on the web in general. That has to mean something.
Yes, it mostly likely means the opinions on here about Honda/Acura's business strategy are naive and made mostly by people who don't know the first thing about running a business, let alone the automobile business. Don't get me wrong, it's fun and distracting to try to "fix" the problems with the auto industry, but let's not take ourselves too seriously.

Case in point; With all the horrible mistakes posters on here say HMC is making, I read this today:

http://www.4wheelsnews.com/honda-nea...fit-forecasts/
Old 10-27-2009, 09:08 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by SpicyMikey
Yes, it mostly likely means the opinions on here about Honda/Acura's business strategy are naive and made mostly by people who don't know the first thing about running a business, let alone the automobile business. Don't get me wrong, it's fun and distracting to try to "fix" the problems with the auto industry, but let's not take ourselves too seriously.

Case in point; With all the horrible mistakes posters on here say HMC is making, I read this today:

http://www.4wheelsnews.com/honda-nea...fit-forecasts/
Why do I get the feeling that article is only reffering to the Japanese market... which isn't at all what we're discussing here.

And keep in mind most of the arm chair quaterback comments are aimed at Acura, not Honda, at least I know my feelings towards Honda (outside of some styling issues) are pretty positive.

Until you can show me Acura sales going up and Acura profits tripling, I'll stand by my opinion that they're a mess.

They had a 45% drop in Canada in Sept. The next biggest loser was Infiniti at ~10% And thats with a rebadged Civic in their lineup.
Old 10-28-2009, 02:42 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We complain because we are all butt hurt Honda is not making any thing execrating to drive. Honda/Acura is that hot christian gf who wouldn't put out because of her religious background. You then go complain to your friends about this. Instead of friend we have acurazine, and instead of the hot christian gf, we have Honda.
Old 10-28-2009, 07:12 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Jackygor
We complain because we are all butt hurt Honda is not making any thing execrating to drive. Honda/Acura is that hot christian gf who wouldn't put out because of her religious background. You then go complain to your friends about this. Instead of friend we have acurazine, and instead of the hot christian gf, we have Honda.
Honda's the hot christian girl, Acura is her supposedly sluttier cousin that you were supposed to hook up with, but when you met her, she got a nasty nose job, weighs 50lbs more than you though, and being slutty is only an act since she doesn't actually put out because of her religious background (yet she brags about how everyone wants her and how she's so popular...nasty nose and all).

Sure, she's got the people who are close friends with her that defend her, but in reality, we all know she's all talk and no walk.
Old 10-28-2009, 07:38 AM
Go Big Blue!

Originally Posted by mrdeeno
Honda's the hot christian girl, Acura is her supposedly sluttier cousin that you were supposed to hook up with, but when you met her, she got a nasty nose job, weighs 50lbs more than you though, and being slutty is only an act since she doesn't actually put out because of her religious background (yet she brags about how everyone wants her and how she's so popular...nasty nose and all).

Sure, she's got the people who are close friends with her that defend her, but in reality, we all know she's all talk and no walk.
Haha. That's a good one. Thanks for the morning laugh with my coffee
Old 10-28-2009, 07:53 AM
Go Big Blue!

Originally Posted by dom
Why do I get the feeling that article is only reffering to the Japanese market... which isn't at all what we're discussing here.

And keep in mind most of the arm chair quaterback comments are aimed at Acura, not Honda, at least I know my feelings towards Honda (outside of some styling issues) are pretty positive.

Until you can show me Acura sales going up and Acura profits tripling, I'll stand by my opinion that they're a mess.

They had a 45% drop in Canada in Sept. The next biggest loser was Infiniti at ~10% And thats with a rebadged Civic in their lineup.
You could be right. Just making a point about how this is a business not a car club they are running. When comments start taking on a tone of absolute certainty for the direction a multibillion dollar company should take, I instinctively want to play devils advocate.
Old 10-28-2009, 08:42 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Spot on.
Old 10-28-2009, 08:46 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by SpicyMikey
You could be right. Just making a point about how this is a business not a car club they are running. When comments start taking on a tone of absolute certainty for the direction a multibillion dollar company should take, I instinctively want to play devils advocate.
Nothing more than opinions floating around here. We should all take a moment and remember that. If any of us had a crystal ball we'd wouldn't be spending so much time around here.
Old 10-29-2009, 01:48 PM
Whats up with RDX owners?

Received 8,258 Likes on 4,873 Posts

Well played sir, well played indeed
Old 10-30-2009, 03:27 AM
6G TLX-S

Received 1,143 Likes on 817 Posts

Best post of the month.
Old 10-30-2009, 09:06 AM
Three Wheelin'

Old 11-16-2009, 07:26 AM
Safety Car

Received 1,400 Likes on 704 Posts
Exclamation Super GT Confirmed

With the last race of this year’s Super GT already over and done with, fans of Honda have been left wondering what will replace the current NSX GT car for next season.
nsx-gt-6

Due to new Super GT regulations forcing the use of FR cars for the 2010 season, fans of the mid-engine Honda saw the last race of their venerate NSX earlier this month at Twin Ring Motegi Circuit here in Japan. With it’s first debut back in 1997 at the then All Japan GTC (followed by the JGTC and now Super GT), the NSX has had an illustrious career, claiming 49 poles with 36 race wins from 105 starts. With all this, Honda and the NSX teams have obviously attracted a multitude of fans and supporters over the last 13 years. But now, with rule changes forcing the end of the NSX’s career, Honda has announced that it will continue it’s participation in the Super GT. With an FR S2000 you say? Well no, actually with none other than it’s shelved FR Super Sports V10.

The shelved project, which had to be put on permanent hold along with Honda’s F1 involvement due to the economic crisis, will find new life and will be used as the base for the GT car in season 2010.
587_super_gt_nsx_2

But surely it’s not possible!? While at first the idea may seem a little far fetched it all makes good sense. Before being given the axe, the FR V10 was under going development and work on a Super GT variant was already in place. It’s release was to coincide with the release of the road going version into the market. Times have changed though and whilst the race version of the car will be released next year, its road friendly counterpart will not. Honda will use special permission from the organizers of Super GT to allow this to happen and let the car compete in the GT 500. This will also let Honda off the homologation hook, meaning no limited run of V10s will have to be made or sold unlike the unicorn like NSX-R GT. (More photos below)

While details at this point in time are still sketchy, Honda will be releasing more details shortly and we await what FR goodness will be in store for us come 2010.

Old 11-16-2009, 09:15 AM
Oderint dum metuant.

Received 534 Likes on 446 Posts
Rules are rules; release the car or GTFO.
Old 11-16-2009, 09:20 AM
F-C
Senior Moderator

Received 1,117 Likes on 801 Posts
Originally Posted by chill_dog
Rules are rules; release the car or GTFO.
I wonder how Lexus or Nissan will react?
Old 11-16-2009, 10:35 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Talk about teasing your customers.
Old 11-16-2009, 10:42 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 22,773 Likes on 13,967 Posts
Should that even be in this thread or do we move it to Motorsports subforum...?
Old 11-16-2009, 10:57 AM
I got the Shifts

Received 230 Likes on 163 Posts
leave it here. i think eventually they will have to release it.

rules iz rules yo
Old 11-16-2009, 11:01 AM
I got the Shifts

Originally Posted by TSX69
With the last race of this year’s Super GT already over and done with, fans of Honda have been left wondering what will replace the current NSX GT car for next season.
nsx-gt-6

Due to new Super GT regulations forcing the use of FR cars for the 2010 season, fans of the mid-engine Honda saw the last race of their venerate NSX earlier this month at Twin Ring Motegi Circuit here in Japan. With it’s first debut back in 1997 at the then All Japan GTC (followed by the JGTC and now Super GT), the NSX has had an illustrious career, claiming 49 poles with 36 race wins from 105 starts. With all this, Honda and the NSX teams have obviously attracted a multitude of fans and supporters over the last 13 years. But now, with rule changes forcing the end of the NSX’s career, Honda has announced that it will continue it’s participation in the Super GT. With an FR S2000 you say? Well no, actually with none other than it’s shelved FR Super Sports V10.

The shelved project, which had to be put on permanent hold along with Honda’s F1 involvement due to the economic crisis, will find new life and will be used as the base for the GT car in season 2010.
587_super_gt_nsx_2

But surely it’s not possible!? While at first the idea may seem a little far fetched it all makes good sense. Before being given the axe, the FR V10 was under going development and work on a Super GT variant was already in place. It’s release was to coincide with the release of the road going version into the market. Times have changed though and whilst the race version of the car will be released next year, its road friendly counterpart will not. Honda will use special permission from the organizers of Super GT to allow this to happen and let the car compete in the GT 500. This will also let Honda off the homologation hook, meaning no limited run of V10s will have to be made or sold unlike the unicorn like NSX-R GT. (More photos below)

While details at this point in time are still sketchy, Honda will be releasing more details shortly and we await what FR goodness will be in store for us come 2010.

i just got laid
Old 11-16-2009, 11:01 AM
F-C
Senior Moderator

I think they will have to release a road version, even if it is just five units.
Old 11-16-2009, 12:27 PM
The sizzle in the Steak

Received 1,877 Likes on 1,297 Posts
Old 11-16-2009, 12:28 PM
Suzuka Master

Most likely all race series organizers need to face facts, with manufacturers dropping out of motorsports left and right, they need what they can get. It this economy you sometimes need to bend the rules.
Old 11-16-2009, 12:28 PM
Senior Moderator

Why bother speculating on a vapor-car...? I'll believe it when I see the actual press release and pictures.

...only then to have Honda release the next day that the car will not be produced.

Old 11-16-2009, 01:47 PM
F-C
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by Colin
Most likely all race series organizers need to face facts, with manufacturers dropping out of motorsports left and right, they need what they can get. It this economy you sometimes need to bend the rules.
That's true. Nobody, including the organizers, Lexus, or Nissan, want to see Honda drop out. However, if this car has some major advantages due to it not having a road equivalent, then there could be trouble. The car might be allowed to compete, but not collect points for the championship.
Old 11-16-2009, 06:55 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by F-C
That's true. Nobody, including the organizers, Lexus, or Nissan, want to see Honda drop out. However, if this car has some major advantages due to it not having a road equivalent, then there could be trouble. The car might be allowed to compete, but not collect points for the championship.
Well, Honda might take the 95% complete production car and use it as proof of what 'would' have been? I'm sure the sanctioning body will take what steps are necessary to equalize the classes. I will admit to not being familiar with this type of racing.
Old 11-17-2009, 12:00 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,613 Likes on 2,193 Posts

This is officially the best post I've ever read in my eight years on Acurazine.

And as far as the potential GT car...I hope we see some sort of official roadgoing model. I'm not holding my breath, though.
Old 11-17-2009, 02:21 AM
CG5 in

Wasn't sure if I should make a new thread for this...feel free to.

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/11/16/n...-in-the-works/

When we sat down with a few Honda execs at SEMA, we were told to "watch out for something big" from the automaker's motorsports efforts in Japan early next year. It didn't take much to deduce what they were hinting at: Honda plans to fill the vacuum left by the recently departed NSX-R in SuperGT with an all-new vehicle for the 2010 season.

As you'd expect, the Japanese media has hopped all over the recent rumors, with BestCar putting out a rendering of the fabled GT500 class contender. Unfortunately, beyond a possible V10 powerplant, details on the vehicle are scarce and the demise of the production version leaves more questions than answers. According to 7Tune, Honda is campaigning SuperGT organizers to give the automaker a pass on its homologation requirements, allowing the front-engined coupe to enter the series without a road-going version available to the public. Considering SuperGT's stringent requirements, we're not sure how that's going to play out, and since we haven't seen development mules testing since June of last year, we're all the more skeptical about Honda's triumphant return to the GT500 ranks. We're hoping to know more before the end of the year, so stay tuned.

Old 11-17-2009, 07:08 AM
Race Director

Received 625 Likes on 504 Posts
^ same pics from "ring" testing of the NSX replacement. Lots of talk but all vaporware for now.
Old 11-17-2009, 11:21 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 69 Likes on 55 Posts
^^^sad to look after 1 year at the photos of the NSX prototype...
Old 11-17-2009, 11:40 AM
Chloe @ 17mo

Originally Posted by krio
^^^sad to look after 1 year at the photos of the NSX prototype...

From the look of it, much of the design were already finalized down to the interior packaging. Quite a shame that we won't be able to see all the work that was done.
Old 11-17-2009, 12:56 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,613 Likes on 2,193 Posts
I have decided that I'm not going to completely give up hope. They did ALL that work. They can't throw it away. I'm sure those parts will either a) get used somewhere, on some Honda (Acura?), or b) we will see this car eventually released when the economy is better and Honda feels it has enough money from selling beaters that they can release this.

Just being optimistic....
Old 11-17-2009, 01:09 PM
I got the Shifts

im really hoping that they release this car. honda needs to regain territory and an NSX woudl surely bring acura up to par in the public non enthisuast eye.

marketing people
markettttiiiing
Old 11-18-2009, 08:46 AM
Race Director

Received 625 Likes on 504 Posts
Originally Posted by neuronbob
I have decided that I'm not going to completely give up hope. They did ALL that work. They can't throw it away. I'm sure those parts will either a) get used somewhere, on some Honda (Acura?)
The most obvious is the DSG tranny developed for it - we should see it in some next gen Acura.

I wonder if the car arm of Honda talks to the bike arm of Honda? The DSG tranny in the upcoming VFR1200 is supposed to be great - tho that's a much bigger deal in the bike world than it would be in the car world.
Old 11-18-2009, 09:07 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

I have decided that I'm not going to completely give up hope. They did ALL that work. They can't throw it away. I'm sure those parts will either a) get used somewhere, on some Honda (Acura?), or b) we will see this car eventually released when the economy is better and Honda feels it has enough money from selling beaters that they can release this.

Just being optimistic....
Honda Japan execs have now TWICE officially said its dead.

Not happening.
Old 11-18-2009, 09:46 AM
Three Wheelin'

I have decided that I'm not going to completely give up hope.
Old 11-18-2009, 10:27 AM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not giving up hope? Is it because we need something to complain about in 6 months? :P
Old 11-18-2009, 10:45 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by dom
Honda Japan execs have now TWICE officially said its dead.

Not happening.
You know a guy named Brett Favre...?

Maybe...just maybe...
Old 11-18-2009, 11:56 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by yumchah
you know a guy named brett favre...?

Maybe...just maybe...
lol.

Quick Reply: Acura: NSX News