Acura: NSX News

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2015, 03:21 PM
99 TL, 06 E350

Received 164 Likes on 110 Posts
FORD GT just made the NSX yesterdays news.

Originally Posted by kurtatx
Motor Trend and C&D have both on their respective front pages. This is such a stupid argument.

This board was expecting the GT to be the only headline. It's not.
Old 01-14-2015, 03:21 PM
Some dude

Received 347 Likes on 203 Posts
I'm going to leave this here... don't shoot the messenger :

Acura Botched Every Single Aspect Of The NSX Launch

I still remember when I first heard that Acura would be coming out with a replacement for the famed NSX sports car. It was 1987; I was still in the womb, and the original NSX hadn't even come out yet.

Yes, folks, it's true: that's how long Acura has been talking about the all-new, second-generation NSX, which finally made its debut in production form earlier this week at the Detroit Auto Show, with approximately the same level of fanfare as Bounty rolling out a new line of ultra-absorbent paper towels.

OK, fine, maybe I'm exaggerating a little. But the Acura NSX launch has been bungled so badly that I think it deserves a special look back in time to highlight all the key points, using real dates, and real facts, and only the occasional hyperbolic statement, such as: "When Acura originally announced the second-generation NSX, Jerry Seinfeld was just a Long Island high school student with a mullet and a Karmann Ghia."

So let's go back to the beginning. To do that, we must return to 1991, when the original NSX came out. As I recall, the situation was this: at first, everyone was really excited about the NSX, because it combined Ferrari performance and Ferrari styling with the virtual certainty that, upon leaving your home, you would eventually reach your destination. Ferrari was not able to offer this certainty for another ten years, and even then, they couldn't promise you'd be able to get back home again.

But then what happened was, Acura let the NSX languish. Ferrari came out with another model, then another model, then another model, eventually with 500 horsepower, and yet the NSX was still basically the same old car, fifteen years later, using the same old V6, which was now only slightly more powerful than an Altima. If the NSX were a child, its parents would've been scouring the newspaper classifieds by now, trying to buy it a used Civic.

So Acura cancelled the NSX in 2005, and the entire automotive community let out a collective gasp, because we had no idea it was still in production.

Fast-forward two years, and enthusiasts were already clamoring for another one. Mind you, this was during the time of the Carrera GT, and the Enzo, and the Ford GT, and the Mercedes SLR, and everyone was really performance hungry. So Acura jumped on the bandwagon, and Honda's American chief executive announced in 2007 that a mid-engine, V10-powered NSX successor would reach the market by 2010.

Just to be clear: this was 2007, when he said this. Eight years ago. Back when "twilight" was the thing that happened each night around 6 p.m., and not some movie where Kristen Stewart sucks your blood. Back when Michael Jackson was still alive and well, hanging out with all his llamas at Neverland Ranch. Back when all you needed to qualify for a mortgage was a pulse and the proceeds from a couple vending machine robberies.

So anyway, in 2007, Acura came out with this concept sports car, called the ASCC, and everyone got all excited, because it looked like the NSX was making a return. I don't have access to the archives from the Honda forums, but I bet if you went back and looked at the 2007 posts, people would be saying things like: "HOLY CRAP THE NEXT NSX!" and "OH MY GOD THE NSX IS COMING BACK!" and "Thinking about a used car for my 17-year-old son – maybe a Civic?"

But then we plunged into the recession, and Acura sort of forgot about the NSX. The whole project wasn't mentioned again until a couple years later, when it turned out that Honda was still developing a V10-powered sports car, this time for racing purposes. Naturally, everyone assumed this would turn into the next NSX: a V10-powered Honda! Race car DNA! It's finally happening! And if you go back and look at the Honda forums, I bet you'll find some very excited people, saying some very excited things, such as: "WOOO THE NSX IS RETURNING!" and "BRING ON THE NEW NSX!" and "My 16-year-old was arrested last week for arson. Thinking about getting him a Civic."

But it was not to be. Although Honda did develop a V10-powered race car, and they did race this car in actual races, it never turned into an NSX. Instead, it only led to more speculation. Motor Trend reported that the new NSX was right around the corner. Robert Downey, Jr., drove a concept version in The Avengers. The world was again getting psyched, and the Honda forums were again abuzz with anticipation, posting things like: "NEW NSX IS GONNA BE HERE SOON" and "I CAN FEEL IT THIS TIME. THIS NSX IS HAPPENING!" and "My 16-year-old son keeps stealing prescription medication from my wife, but I'm going to buy him a Civic anyway. What should I look for?"

Unfortunately, this speculation didn't turn into a new NSX right away, either. Instead, Honda decided to release the NSX as a concept car – and they did so at the 2012 Detroit Auto Show, to considerable fanfare. A month later, there was a Super Bowl commercial with Jay Leno and Jerry Seinfeld. Finally, we were ready. The Honda forums were beside themselves. People were wildly excited, posting titles like "IT'S FINALLY HERE!!! HOLY CRAP THE NSX!!!" and "MY GOD NSX CONCEPT OMGLOL!" and "My 18-year-old son keeps harming small animals. Is there a program for him? Also, I'm getting him a Civic."

Well folks, THREE YEARS LATER, here we are. It's been eight years since the original promise of a new NSX. Six years since the development of a V10-powered race car that we all thought would turn into an NSX. Five years since further speculation about the production-ready NSX. Four years since the NSX showed up in The Avengers. Three years since the concept car, and that Super Bowl commercial with Jerry Seinfeld.

And after all this fanfare, and all this speculation, and all this excitement, and all this waiting, what happened on the day of the final unveiling?

Ford. Ford happened.

You see, after literally years of pomp and circumstance surrounding the NSX, Ford managed to upstage Acura on the very day of the NSX reveal with a far more exciting car that nobody knew anything about. Instead of talking about the new Ford GT for the last decade, and showing people drawings of the Ford GT, and sticking the Ford GT in movies, and hiring celebrities to do commercials with the Ford GT, and telling Motor Trend that the Ford GT was coming, and creating a Ford GT race car that never became a road car, Ford just a) developed the GT, and b) showed it to people. That was it. No bullshit, no speculation, no promises. Here's our awesome car, Ford said. Don't you love it?

And the truth is, we do love the Ford GT. And frankly, we love the NSX, too. But the public reaction to both vehicles was laughably different. After years of high expectations, the collective feeling when the cover finally came off the NSX was: "About freakin' time." Whereas we went into the Ford press conference with almost no expectations, and we came out with stains on our pants.

For proof, check the view counts on Jalopnik's own articles: while the NSX story managed only 91,000 clicks, the Ford GT piece pulled in 673,000 interested readers. This is a highly scientific, tremendously professional measure that proves the new Ford GT is approximately 7.4 times cooler than the new Acura NSX.

So let this be a lesson to automakers everywhere: when you want to reveal something cool, show, don't tell. Because after years of speculation, and multiple concept cars, and dozens of promises, we all get a little sick of it. Even the Honda forums.

Now, if you'll excuse me, Acura is holding a press conference about the next NSX, which is due out in 2028. I am told it has wings.
Old 01-14-2015, 03:34 PM

Received 16,267 Likes on 11,974 Posts
wtf kind of journalism is that?
wasnt even fun to read.
The following 6 users liked this post by justnspace:
clpassenubye (01-14-2015), Ken1997TL (01-16-2015), Mugen.Justice (01-14-2015), Nabooly (01-15-2015), thoiboi (01-15-2015), VR1 (01-14-2015) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 01-14-2015, 05:31 PM
You'll Never Walk Alone

Received 846 Likes on 526 Posts
Originally Posted by oonowindoo
i think you skipped a lot of the dramas in between.
Originally Posted by Yumcha
This.
Like what? Care to elaborate?

2007 NAIAS: ASCC Concept Shown
2007 Dec: Supercar based on ASCC confirmed to be introduced
2008 June: ASCC based supercar caught testing on the Nurburging
2008 Dec: Fukui announced the ASCC based super car and ALL plans for a next gen NSX are cancelled
2010 Mar: ASCC-based car becomes HSV-010, and it's only for GT racing
2011 Dec: Official announcement next-gen NSX under development
2012 Jan: First 2G NSX concept shown
2013-2015: Major direction change for the 2G NSX - Longitudinally mounted TT V6 instead transverly mounted NA V6. NSX Prototype and Concept II were shown
2015 Jan: Production of 2G NSX shown

Am I missing something major? All I see is the actual 2G NSX with mid-mounted engine was announced officially in late 2011. Anything prior to that was unrelated, other than being a halo sports car.
Old 01-14-2015, 05:36 PM
Team Owner

Received 4,416 Likes on 3,322 Posts
Essentially what the whole article above is saying, if you bother reading it.

Doesn't matter, acura could build a time machine with supersonic jets and plasma torpedoes and warp drives and runs on animal waste and creates zero emissions and sell it for $1.99 and people would still be bitching about it.
Old 01-14-2015, 05:41 PM
You'll Never Walk Alone

The NSX isn't even out yet and there are already rumors of Type R.

The guy who claimed that the NSX is getting a longitudinal V6TT is now saying the Type R version will not be AWD.

Front TMU will be removed: -300lb
Smaller battery since less power demand: -100lb
More use of lightweight material: - 100lb

He's saying the NSX will tip the scale at around 3600lb, but the Type R will be closer to 3100lb.

The engine in the Type R will make 650hp, and the rear motor will make 150hp.

Would be interesting if this guy gets it right again!
Old 01-14-2015, 05:44 PM
Team Owner

Where did you hear the specifics regarding the R?i have only heard that acura is intending to build it, but nothing that substantial
Old 01-14-2015, 05:56 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 10,882 Likes on 5,520 Posts
#dropsmypants

What word am I supposed to latch onto? I still like cement the most.

But, seriously, you are not reading the comments. None of the "cemented" haters in here are hating on the 550HP+ numbers Honda has alluded to. The condition is that if the car's curb weight is heavy, well, 550HP is not going to be all that peachy given the competition Detroit, Germany, and etc. have released to-date is it?

cement is fine. I like that word too.

how heavy do you expect the car to be? 9000 lbs?

iforyou just speculated the car could be in the 3600 lb range. Which I find to be a very reasonable estimate. While 3600 lbs is certainly a good bit heavier than the previous model, it is not too bad given this car has 3 electric motors.

A 3600 lb car with 550 hp will do the 1/4 in low-mid 11's. Give that some thought.

Here is a visual if needed:
Old 01-14-2015, 06:05 PM
You'll Never Walk Alone

Originally Posted by TacoBello
Where did you hear the specifics regarding the R?i have only heard that acura is intending to build it, but nothing that substantial
I don't think I can link to another forum, but go to TOV Forum ->NSX -> NSX New Info Thread. On pg 29 there's a guy called "RolledaNSX" who is posted the above info.

I can't say he's 100% correct but he's been bang on or very close with many rumors/figures/numbers/news.

For example, back in 2012, he said that the new Civic Type R will have 280+hp, instead of the standard 200-220hp that most FWD Type R's have/had. He also mentioned Honda's target was to hold the fastest FWD record on the Nurburgring.
Old 01-14-2015, 06:05 PM
Safety Car

Received 1,094 Likes on 749 Posts
Essentially what the whole article above is saying, if you bother reading it.

Doesn't matter, acura could build a time machine with supersonic jets and plasma torpedoes and warp drives and runs on animal waste and creates zero emissions and sell it for $1.99 and people would still be bitching about it.
Yup. The reveal of the next NSX has truly shown that in the auto world, haters gonna hate. There is just no pleasing 100% of the people.

Almost no 2G NSX will be sold at the bare bone price of 150k, though. Most will probably be optioned to be closer to 200k I would imagine.
Old 01-14-2015, 06:08 PM
CLS^6

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by Black Tire
FORD GT just made the NSX yesterdays news.
Seriously?

Here are my thoughts and take them for what they're worth.

The NSX is providing much of the Porsche 918’s technical specs at 1/6 the price but will deliver 80-90% of the performance. The Ford GT provides no technical breakthrough with mass market commercialization opportunity. Two very very different vehicles and corporate intentions.
The following users liked this post:
TacoBello (01-14-2015)
Old 01-14-2015, 06:10 PM
You'll Never Walk Alone

Originally Posted by srika

iforyou just speculated the car could be in the 3600 lb range. Which I find to be a very reasonable estimate. While 3600 lbs is certainly a good bit heavier than the previous model, it is not too bad given this car has 3 electric motors.

A 3600 lb car with 550 hp will do the 1/4 in low-mid 11's. Give that some thought.

The 3600lb figure was thrown around by that rolledansx guy too. According to him, Honda is not happy with the weight and that's probably why they didn't announce it on Monday. Apparently, Honda is still optimizing - whether to use more exotic materials, and jack the cost up, or keep the weight, but increase power.

The engine and hybrid system need a lot of cooling (11 coolers). So the weight is that high.

Problem with increase power is that, Honda Japan doesn't like that. They don't want a power war. The American team is fighting to have more power.

To be fair, 3600lb is a reasonable weight.

LFA: 3583lb
911 Turbo S: 3588lb
R8 V10 Plus: 3689lb
GTR: 3915lb

The NSX obviously has the extra battery pack and motors and stuff. I think if it can still obtain 3600lb, that's a real good achievement.

0-60mph:
LFA: 3.7s
911 Turbo S: 2.6s
R8 V10 Plus: 3.2s
GTR: 3.0s
458 Italia: 3.0s
MP4-12C: 2.9s

1/4 mile:
LFA: 11.8s@124mph
911 Turbo S: 10.8s@126mph
R8 V10 Plus: 11.4s@126mph
GTR: 11.2s@125mph
458 Italia: 11s@131mph
MP4-12C: 10.7s@134mph

If the NSX is at 3600lb, and it has 560hp in total, then that would put it in the same power to weight ratio as the 911 Turbo S. The NSX does have instant torque and 2 more gears. Even if it just matches the 911 Turbo S, that's enough to be better than the 458 Italia as claimed by Acura (other than the trap speed, or high speed acceleration).
Legend2TL (01-20-2015)
Old 01-14-2015, 06:43 PM
CLS^6

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by iforyou
The 3600lb figure was thrown around by that rolledansx guy too. According to him, Honda is not happy with the weight and that's probably why they didn't announce it on Monday. Apparently, Honda is still optimizing - whether to use more exotic materials, and jack the cost up, or keep the weight, but increase power.

The engine and hybrid system need a lot of cooling (11 coolers). So the weight is that high.

Problem with increase power is that, Honda Japan doesn't like that. They don't want a power war. The American team is fighting to have more power.

To be fair, 3600lb is a reasonable weight.

LFA: 3583lb
911 Turbo S: 3588lb
R8 V10 Plus: 3689lb
GTR: 3915lb

The NSX obviously has the extra battery pack and motors and stuff. I think if it can still obtain 3600lb, that's a real good achievement.

0-60mph:
LFA: 3.7s
911 Turbo S: 2.6s
R8 V10 Plus: 3.2s
GTR: 3.0s
458 Italia: 3.0s
MP4-12C: 2.9s

1/4 mile:
LFA: 11.8s@124mph
911 Turbo S: 10.8s@126mph
R8 V10 Plus: 11.4s@126mph
GTR: 11.2s@125mph
458 Italia: 11s@131mph
MP4-12C: 10.7s@134mph

If the NSX is at 3600lb, and it has 560hp in total, then that would put it in the same power to weight ratio as the 911 Turbo S. The NSX does have instant torque and 2 more gears. Even if it just matches the 911 Turbo S, that's enough to be better than the 458 Italia as claimed by Acura (other than the trap speed, or high speed acceleration).
And the Porsche 918 weighs 3,692 without the Weissach package. Not directly comparing the 2, BUT that is the weight Porsche ended up with with a significantly higher materials cost to work with. Just think about that.
Old 01-14-2015, 08:42 PM
Azine Jabroni

Received 2,159 Likes on 1,387 Posts
Originally Posted by iforyou
The NSX isn't even out yet and there are already rumors of Type R.

The guy who claimed that the NSX is getting a longitudinal V6TT is now saying the Type R version will not be AWD.

Front TMU will be removed: -300lb
Smaller battery since less power demand: -100lb
More use of lightweight material: - 100lb

He's saying the NSX will tip the scale at around 3600lb, but the Type R will be closer to 3100lb.

The engine in the Type R will make 650hp, and the rear motor will make 150hp.

Would be interesting if this guy gets it right again!
I find the no AWD version would fly in the face of Honda's push for AWD for the Acura lineup.
Old 01-14-2015, 09:07 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 22,920 Likes on 14,040 Posts
Originally Posted by srika

Thanks for that visual, I still prefer the visual of microphones dropping though. And cement. Thank goodness for Google.

And to your point, sure. Great. 3600 lbs is a good weight but guess what? You're speculating...GUESSING at what the weight is. It's all conjecture. Theory. And voila, this is what the "haters" are not impressed with. Honda has had ample time to release some technical information and again, chose not to.

Big reveal. Great looking car. Tell us some information...stop with the teasing that has started years ago. I don't think this is unreasonable.
Old 01-14-2015, 09:15 PM
Senior Moderator

Post Type R Version

Really...

I'll believe when I see it.

Ted Klaus, chief engineer for the new Honda NSX, has confirmed the carmaker is working on an even faster NSX Type R for release at a later date.

When asked whether he’d like to see a ‘Type R’ added to the NSX range at some point in the future, Klaus commented: “I think everyone who loves cars wants to see a version that we say is pure red.

“The NSX has always been silver first, moving towards red later. Someone asked me, ‘when will you be satisfied?’ Probably never. What you do today, you can improve on tomorrow.”

The original Honda NSX went on sale in 1990, with an R version joining the range in 1992. The NSX-R was specially modified for improved on-track performance, featuring stiffer suspension and a lighter body. The stereo and air-conditioning were removed, while new forged alloy wheels and a titanium gear lever helped drive down the car’s overall kerb weight.

While we can only speculate on the new car’s power, price and performance, the Type R to likely to be at least a couple of years away. We’re still waiting on official figures for the car standard NSX revealed yesterday, but Klaus said to expect more than 550bhp and a list price of mid $150,000s (around £99,000) when it goes on sale in the US this summer.

It’s clear Klaus and his team of engineers have high aspirations for the new NSX. It’s said to have the lowest centre of gravity in its class, designed to make it more agile and fun to drive. We asked which cars Klaus considered to be ‘in the NSX’s class’ – with him immediately listing the Ferrari 458, Audi R8 V10 and Porsche 911 Turbo as rivals.

That might sound ambitious, but with more than 550bhp on tap and peak torque available from zero revs, we can expect 0-62mph in less than four seconds. The standard gets Ferrari 458 gets 562bhp and will cover the same sprint in 3.4 seconds.

Mike Accavitti, Senior Vice President for Acura, commented on how the NSX felt to drive, claiming it is both “outstanding and astounding”. Of course, we’ll reserve judgement until we drive the car later this year.

Full UK prices, specs and UK release date are all due nearer the time.
Source: Hot Honda NSX Type R in the pipeline | Auto Express
Old 01-14-2015, 10:19 PM
I drive a Subata.

Received 2,603 Likes on 1,571 Posts
Any spec on the new NSX out yet?
Old 01-14-2015, 10:21 PM
Pro

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by justnspace
wtf kind of journalism is that?
wasnt even fun to read.

Agreed. Jalponik in particular seems to have really been piling on the NSX hate (mainly because of Acura's launch decision) than actually talking about the car itself.
Old 01-14-2015, 11:01 PM
Team Owner

I think Acura has Yumcha steaming in his boots, not letting him know the specs

They got you constantly talking about the car. And like they say- there's no such thing as bad publicity

All in good time, young Padawan. At least we know it's coming. And yes, it IS coming.
Old 01-14-2015, 11:43 PM
Senior Moderator

I think Acura has Yumcha steaming in his boots, not letting him know the specs

They got you constantly talking about the car. And like they say- there's no such thing as bad publicity

All in good time, young Padawan. At least we know it's coming. And yes, it IS coming.
Steamed? Nah. Just as per Honda/Acura the last few years...disappointing.

You wanna see me steamed, try reposting without searching or posting stuff in the wrong thread.

The following 2 users liked this post by Yumcha:
crazyasiantl (01-15-2015), TacoBello (01-15-2015)
Old 01-15-2015, 07:07 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 10,882 Likes on 5,520 Posts
Jalopnik backpedaling on their earlier sentiments..........

The Interior Of The 2016 Acura NSX Is A Minimalist Paradise Of Awesome

why? because just like the rest of you haters, they jumped to conclusions before really knowing anything about the car.
Old 01-15-2015, 09:02 AM

Received 5,936 Likes on 2,928 Posts
Originally Posted by nist7
Yup. The reveal of the next NSX has truly shown that in the auto world, haters gonna hate. There is just no pleasing 100% of the people.
Most tired phrase on the Internet.
Old 01-15-2015, 10:05 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 597 Likes on 410 Posts
Speed / distance / time isn't just about power and weight. Proper gearing has a lot to do with it, but is rarely discussed as much as HP and curb weight.

Poor gearing, no fame and fortune

We have to wait a bit longer to see how Acura geared the NSX, and the results for 0-60, 1/4 and top speed.

Last edited by FamilyGuy; 01-15-2015 at 10:16 AM.
Old 01-15-2015, 10:41 AM
Team Owner

I think Honda is well aware of how much is riding on this car. I was afraid this car would disappoint, but I'm starting to think it'll give us exactly what we've wanted, with room to only get better over time.

Speaking of which, I think honda as a whole is starting to get its act together. New CTR coming soon (I'm still holding my breath for a North American release), and now the announcement of turbo VTEC four bangers on the way for 2015. Should be good.

Since Honda had a strangle hold on the whole VTEC thing in the 90s, I'm wondering if they will up their game again and start throwing in a single electric motor for the "instant torque" the NSX is promising. Of course it would only be on the top end trim levels, and pricey, but hey, a GS-R back in the day wasn't cheap either. Honda was always known for their badass, small displacement, high horsepower engines, but there's only so much that can be done in NA form... Turbo/electric would bring them to the forefront again. Part of having a super car is for the trickle down effect, as far as technology is concerned. I don't except three electric motor civics, but i could see one electric motor...
Old 01-15-2015, 10:43 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 597 Likes on 410 Posts
Turbos are making a comeback all around.
Old 01-15-2015, 11:19 AM
Some dude

Received 347 Likes on 203 Posts
My only complaint about the exterior is the blacked out front bumper, I wish they had gone this route instead. Maybe without the tiny beak it would look more cohesive.

Name:  nsx_zps709dce13.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  97.8 KB
Old 01-15-2015, 11:21 AM
Team Owner

Does Honda have a pulse... Again?
Old 01-15-2015, 11:32 AM
The Dumb One

Received 373 Likes on 249 Posts
in that comparison, I actually like the silver better.. the black makes it look like a void
Old 01-15-2015, 11:35 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 3,596 Likes on 1,722 Posts
Maybe color match it instead
Old 01-15-2015, 12:55 PM
You'll Never Walk Alone

Originally Posted by suspekt360
And the Porsche 918 weighs 3,692 without the Weissach package. Not directly comparing the 2, BUT that is the weight Porsche ended up with with a significantly higher materials cost to work with. Just think about that.
+1.

Originally Posted by kurtatx
I find the no AWD version would fly in the face of Honda's push for AWD for the Acura lineup.
I guess we will see.

Btw, that guy is saying the Type R will be closer to $350k...LOL!
Old 01-15-2015, 01:24 PM
Team Owner

Received 4,273 Likes on 3,050 Posts
Steamed? Nah. Just as per Honda/Acura the last few years...disappointing.

You wanna see me steamed, try reposting without searching or posting stuff in the wrong thread.

Are you talking about me indirectly?
Old 01-15-2015, 01:31 PM
Team Owner

no no no... Yumcha takes things as serious as... well... the rest of us.

Which on a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being the highest, he's probably at -2.

Yumcha (01-15-2015)
Old 01-15-2015, 02:19 PM
6G TLX-S

Received 1,154 Likes on 825 Posts
Originally Posted by FamilyGuy
Turbos are making a comeback all around.
Only because Acura doesn't have a V8/V10/V12 engine.
Old 01-15-2015, 02:20 PM
Team Owner

I think he meant that for ALL manufacturers... pretty much everyone already does, or soon enough will have turbos, all in the name of fuel economy.
FamilyGuy (01-16-2015)
Old 01-15-2015, 02:36 PM

Received 5,936 Likes on 2,928 Posts
Originally Posted by Edward'TLS
BMW has all three of those motors and is moving more and more to turbo charged engines.
Old 01-15-2015, 02:41 PM
Senior Moderator

Old 01-15-2015, 02:44 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by oonowindoo
Are you talking about me indirectly?
Listen, oooyeswindyooo, the issue I have with you is that you're a Honda hater.

And for that, you deserve to forever have beaks on your cars!

Old 01-15-2015, 06:30 PM
Azine Jabroni

Received 2,159 Likes on 1,387 Posts
Originally Posted by Edward'TLS
Ford has a V8 but they went with the twin turbo V6.
Old 01-15-2015, 06:36 PM
brahs be jelly

Received 247 Likes on 169 Posts
Originally Posted by MeehowsBRZ
I'm going to leave this here... don't shoot the messenger :

Acura Botched Every Single Aspect Of The NSX Launch
Everyone is still butthurt that they dragged out the launch. Toyota did the same thing with the FRS. It's irritating but they do it because they have no interesting products in their lineup. So they roll out these concepts to tell people "Hey we still have a pulse". After a year of production everyone will forget about the cocktease like they did with the BRZ. Honda has become way too conservative though. Plus they are short on engineers, so development takes longer for them than a company like Ford.
Old 01-15-2015, 06:39 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 762 Likes on 570 Posts
people want to complain. when they release the specs people will complain about those too.

Quick Reply: Acura: NSX News