Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2007, 04:20 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello all

I have a 2005 TSX NO Navi
What is the difference between the HD-Honda and the I-Honda
and which R would i need R3 or R4

I want to use the iPod Integration kit on the satellite input so text shows on my radio

Thanks in Advance
Eddie
Old 08-17-2007, 12:31 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by Cytomax
Hello all

I have a 2005 TSX NO Navi
What is the difference between the HD-Honda and the I-Honda
and which R would i need R3 or R4

I want to use the iPod Integration kit on the satellite input so text shows on my radio

Thanks in Advance
Eddie
The HD kit includes HD radio but requires an add on iPod cable. The i-Honda-R kit is iPod only. You could use the i-Honda-R3 kit because you don't have NAVI and you're not planning to continue use of your XM radio. You'd just leave it unplugged. You would use the R4 kit if you had NAVI or wanted to use XM.

You know that you get special pricing on the DICE kits right? Send me an email or PM if you'd like to order one.
Old 08-17-2007, 12:55 PM
Advanced

Thank you uncald4 for the response
So if i want to have HD Radio and have my Ipod working using the XM input (I dont use XM) in my 2005 TSX NO Navi I need the following cables

HD-Honda-R3 .................................................. ........ $XXX shipped within the U.S.
iPod cable for the HD unit ....................................... $XX must be shipped with HD

*Data from this website https://acurazine.com/forums/sponsored-sales-group-buys-10/dice-ipod-kits-exclusive-buy-acurazine-371815/ *

What are the shipping costs?

Question about the HD radio

It works just like the factory radio i have now except
1) I just get better quality radio
2) I get more raido stations
3) ALL my controls on the steering wheel and on the radio itself are still going to work right?
4) No monthly charges
5) Is the install going to be as easy as the iPod integration?

Thanks in Advance
Eddie

*Mods i dont know if im allowed to mention prices here if not i would like to know please*

Last edited by Cytomax; 08-17-2007 at 01:00 PM.
Old 08-17-2007, 01:09 PM
Racer

To answer your two questions:
Yes all your steering wheel controls will work.
There's an extra step of installing the antenna, but it's terribly hard.
Old 08-17-2007, 01:50 PM
Advanced

I'm sold on this item except for the part where it sometimes doesn't start up in the beginning. I am aware that you guys are looking for a car so you can check the on board computer for information on the problem. Ill wait until you guys have that single problem ironed out and stay subscribed to this with this thread for further updates. When the problem is fixed ill get this product for sure.
BTW are there any workarounds for this problem as of now expect for restarting the car?
Thanks for the reply Nick
Eddie

Last edited by Cytomax; 08-17-2007 at 01:52 PM.
Old 08-17-2007, 04:03 PM
Former Sponsor

Thank you uncald4 for the response
So if i want to have HD Radio and have my Ipod working using the XM input (I dont use XM) in my 2005 TSX NO Navi I need the following cables

HD-Honda-R3 .................................................. ........ $XXX shipped within the U.S.
iPod cable for the HD unit ....................................... $XX must be shipped with HD

*Data from this website https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=371815 *

What are the shipping costs?
Those parts are exactly what you would need. Shipping costs are included assuming that you are in the U.S..
Old 08-18-2007, 06:09 AM
Racer

I'm sold on this item except for the part where it sometimes doesn't start up in the beginning. I am aware that you guys are looking for a car so you can check the on board computer for information on the problem. Ill wait until you guys have that single problem ironed out and stay subscribed to this with this thread for further updates. When the problem is fixed ill get this product for sure.
BTW are there any workarounds for this problem as of now expect for restarting the car?
Thanks for the reply Nick
Eddie
The only work-around I've found is to first turn the ignition just to ACC, see that "XM-1" shows up on the screen, then start the car. This problem is very annoying, and it happens 95% of the time I hop in the car. Other than that the product is great--I'm really excited for a fix to make this thing a perfect 10!
Old 08-18-2007, 01:24 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by jswim99
This problem is very annoying, and it happens 95% of the time I hop in the car.
A fix is coming soon. I'm curious to why it happens to you and a couple others so often. Most people say that the startup failure rarely happens. It's happened to me about 3 times in two months. I really didn't think anything of it because my old Blitzsafe adapter did the same thing.

I apologize for your frustrations. I assure you that the hard working folks at DICE are brewing a solution.
Old 08-19-2007, 12:46 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
good to hear. speaking of... anyone have the HD radio unit in a TSX yet? I'd love to hear a firsthand customer review. I may pick that up myself in the near future.
Old 08-21-2007, 10:05 AM
who dat lil kid?

Originally Posted by uncald4
A fix is coming soon. I'm curious to why it happens to you and a couple others so often. Most people say that the startup failure rarely happens. It's happened to me about 3 times in two months. I really didn't think anything of it because my old Blitzsafe adapter did the same thing.

I apologize for your frustrations. I assure you that the hard working folks at DICE are brewing a solution.

after a week with the r4...i have to say this is the best unit i've ever had. I haven't had a power issue as of today so hopefully it'll stay that way. changing tracks is instant. there's no delay at all. great product
Old 08-21-2007, 10:37 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by Reach
good to hear. speaking of... anyone have the HD radio unit in a TSX yet? I'd love to hear a firsthand customer review. I may pick that up myself in the near future.
I installed one for kicks in a TSX not too long ago, but I took it out. And I can't find the pics for it anywhere either.
Old 08-22-2007, 01:16 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by buste2
after a week with the r4...i have to say this is the best unit i've ever had. I haven't had a power issue as of today so hopefully it'll stay that way. changing tracks is instant. there's no delay at all. great product
That's damn tremendous!! I'm happy that you have had such a great experience with it. Thank you for your feedback.
Old 08-22-2007, 10:46 AM
Advanced

I had mine installed by Nick at Dice and have had if for a over a month now, works great with no problems at all so far, hope I didn't jinx it. Definately recommend it though, great product!
Old 08-22-2007, 03:29 PM
Advanced

I've had mine in my 2005 TSX for a few weeks now, overall I'm quite happy with it. The text is very useful, if a bit twitchy sometimes, but with strategic use of playlists I can navigate songs easily enough to find something I want to hear.

I do have the issue where the DICE unit will not be recognized after starting the car. Only recourse is to restart the car. FYI, I installed a DICE unit in my girlfriend's Mazda 6 and she too has the same problem, once in a while the DICE won't wake up. Hopefully they can work out this issue because it seems strange.

A few other minor nits. I was going to use the iPod dock that Apple sells to hold my iPod near the "not an ashtray." Apparently the iPod will get power but the DICE can't find it. I suspect this has something to do with the mode that allows you to control the iPod by itself or through the car, but I could be wrong. Another little issue I found was that sometimes the Artist*Album field won't get updated when it goes to the next song. This happens maybe once or twice on a four hour trip, the solution I've found is to power off the stereo and power it back on. Or just wait until the next song if it doesn't annoy you, it usually corrects itself then.

These nits aside, I am happy with the unit. If they fix the power on issue and add the ability to turn shuffle and on and off through the head unit I'll give it a 10.
Old 08-22-2007, 05:28 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Nick@DICE
To answer your two questions:
Yes all your steering wheel controls will work.
There's an extra step of installing the antenna, but it's terribly hard.
Oh Jeez. I meant to say It's NOT terribly hard. I'm a big idiot.
Old 08-22-2007, 05:30 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by theoryzero
I've had mine in my 2005 TSX for a few weeks now, overall I'm quite happy with it. The text is very useful, if a bit twitchy sometimes, but with strategic use of playlists I can navigate songs easily enough to find something I want to hear.

I do have the issue where the DICE unit will not be recognized after starting the car. Only recourse is to restart the car. FYI, I installed a DICE unit in my girlfriend's Mazda 6 and she too has the same problem, once in a while the DICE won't wake up. Hopefully they can work out this issue because it seems strange.

A few other minor nits. I was going to use the iPod dock that Apple sells to hold my iPod near the "not an ashtray." Apparently the iPod will get power but the DICE can't find it. I suspect this has something to do with the mode that allows you to control the iPod by itself or through the car, but I could be wrong. Another little issue I found was that sometimes the Artist*Album field won't get updated when it goes to the next song. This happens maybe once or twice on a four hour trip, the solution I've found is to power off the stereo and power it back on. Or just wait until the next song if it doesn't annoy you, it usually corrects itself then.

These nits aside, I am happy with the unit. If they fix the power on issue and add the ability to turn shuffle and on and off through the head unit I'll give it a 10.
Well the Mazda code is getting a uber overhaul as we speak. The Acura/Honda code is all dependant on finding that car. So far our best candidate is the Honda Goldwing motorcycle.

Can't really speak about your ashtray thingie other than make sure the iPod is really secure. In a accident or sudden stop an iPod makes for a great projectile against your face or other body parts.
Old 08-22-2007, 05:31 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by jayq16
I had mine installed by Nick at Dice and have had if for a over a month now, works great with no problems at all so far, hope I didn't jinx it. Definately recommend it though, great product!
Old 08-23-2007, 01:10 AM
Advanced

Oh Jeez. I meant to say It's NOT terribly hard. I'm a big idiot.
LOL i was actually not going to get the HD since you said that cuz it scared me lol oh well good thing i havent orderd it yet...

Still going to wait for the start up thing to be fixed before i get it...

Also 1 other question

When asked
Add a way to set Random (Shuffle) and Repeat modes from the car,

You replied
On it. We have those buttons mapped to something else right now.

Just curious if there is an update on that?

Thanks in Advance You guys have AWESOME customer service
Eddie
Old 08-23-2007, 10:56 AM
Racer

LOL i was actually not going to get the HD since you said that cuz it scared me lol oh well good thing i havent orderd it yet...

Still going to wait for the start up thing to be fixed before i get it...

Also 1 other question

When asked
Add a way to set Random (Shuffle) and Repeat modes from the car,

You replied
On it. We have those buttons mapped to something else right now.

Just curious if there is an update on that?

Thanks in Advance You guys have AWESOME customer service
Eddie
I don't really know an answer on that. I keep hoping it's only going to be a few weeks but I think my engineers are over-worked :o The ignition fix the priority for the honda team right now anyway.
Old 08-24-2007, 01:46 PM
1st Gear

I posted this in the Group buy forum as well, but was recommended to post in this forum as well...appreciate any help you can provide..

I bought one of the dice HD kits for my new MDX (i know....) anyone recommend an installer in NJ that can help install this kit ? Don't know how to disconnect the XM and stuff..

thanks
Old 08-27-2007, 12:21 AM
TSX

If I read correctly....

There's no way for this product to provide me text if I plan on keeping XM with my 2005 TSX non-nav ?
Old 08-27-2007, 12:38 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Savio
There's no way for this product to provide me text if I plan on keeping XM with my 2005 TSX non-nav ?
Correct.
Old 08-27-2007, 09:11 AM
TSX

Correct.

anything in the works to make that happen? If it wasn't for 4 channels I listen to on XM I would probably ditch it but they got me hooked...
Old 08-27-2007, 11:37 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by Savio
anything in the works to make that happen? If it wasn't for 4 channels I listen to on XM I would probably ditch it but they got me hooked...
No. Honda only added text input from a Sat reciever so there's no other way to do it.
Old 08-30-2007, 09:36 AM
Cruisin'

Hey guys, I just installed the DICE in my '05 TSX (thanks uncald4) and had a quick question. After I go to the playlist function (disk 2) I can't figure out how to get back to where I can browse through all of the albums on my ipod, I can brouse through the albums in the playlist but I need to get back to the point where I can brouse through every album I have loaded. How do I get out of the playlists so I can just change through all of the albums?

The unit was easy to install and it sounds great!
Old 08-30-2007, 03:30 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by svmtbman
Hey guys, I just installed the DICE in my '05 TSX (thanks uncald4) and had a quick question. After I go to the playlist function (disk 2) I can't figure out how to get back to where I can browse through all of the albums on my ipod, I can brouse through the albums in the playlist but I need to get back to the point where I can brouse through every album I have loaded. How do I get out of the playlists so I can just change through all of the albums?

The unit was easy to install and it sounds great!
The reason why it worked for you the first time is because you had all your music selected from your iPod. The easiest way to do this from the car is to simply make a quick playlist with all your music on the iPod.
Old 08-31-2007, 04:08 AM
2006 ASM tsx

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
just wondering.. my kit was labeled an r4.. for an 06 tsx with navi.. but on the actual unit it says r3.... ? does that matter? the unit works. but sometimes lags here and there... =X

other than that looks like my thread is awesome =) lol.
Old 08-31-2007, 12:56 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by vthree
just wondering.. my kit was labeled an r4.. for an 06 tsx with navi.. but on the actual unit it says r3.... ? does that matter? the unit works. but sometimes lags here and there... =X

other than that looks like my thread is awesome =) lol.
If it lags a little bit you must be using text. It's not a problem that's just how it does. All of the R3 and R4 kits use the same module. They are all labelled R3. The R4 kit comes with the "Y" cable instead of the standard cable.

On another note... how does that sub sound?
Old 08-31-2007, 01:06 PM
2006 ASM tsx

If it lags a little bit you must be using text. It's not a problem that's just how it does. All of the R3 and R4 kits use the same module. They are all labelled R3. The R4 kit comes with the "Y" cable instead of the standard cable.

On another note... how does that sub sound?

sub is great! by anychance do u know the basics on how i should set my amp [jl 500/1] for the enclosure?? and do you know if not having hte enlcosure all the way in the pocket [because of the cargo net] affects anything really??

i found last night by raising the bass on the system to +4.. it sounds dramatically better than when i had it on +1.. i geuss cuz all the speakers are running more bass that way!
Old 09-01-2007, 08:18 AM
Advanced

OK i'm running into this problem, i've disconnected the xm in the trunk, and hooked up my iphone but the text isnt displaying on the screen and its cutting in and out of a song, then it just cuts off. Any suggestions?
Old 09-01-2007, 10:39 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by TSXtaci
OK i'm running into this problem, i've disconnected the xm in the trunk, and hooked up my iphone but the text isnt displaying on the screen and its cutting in and out of a song, then it just cuts off. Any suggestions?

Forget my last post, i figured out what was going on. Forgot to change the config switch. Now my problem is that i have to play with the dock cable to get audio from both sides of the car, its only playing through the left channels...
Old 09-01-2007, 01:55 PM
Racer

Forget my last post, i figured out what was going on. Forgot to change the config switch. Now my problem is that i have to play with the dock cable to get audio from both sides of the car, its only playing through the left channels...

Now that's odd. Make sure everything is plugged in very firmly.
Old 09-01-2007, 02:16 PM
Advanced

Now that's odd. Make sure everything is plugged in very firmly.

Yeah everything is as far as it would go. I wrapped it with electrical tape and it seems to hold it in place, havent driven around yet though.
Old 09-01-2007, 09:17 PM
who dat lil kid?

i dont think the dice supports text from the iphone. i have the r4 and it just shows INT on the navi...but it works perfectly with it other than that. for me, I have to have the iphone in ipod mode for it to play. I can't use the factory controls or anything. All controls are done with the iphone...only thing i have control of in the car is the volume...
Old 09-01-2007, 09:54 PM
Racer

i dont think the dice supports text from the iphone. i have the r4 and it just shows INT on the navi...but it works perfectly with it other than that. for me, I have to have the iphone in ipod mode for it to play. I can't use the factory controls or anything. All controls are done with the iphone...only thing i have control of in the car is the volume...
It's compatable with the iPhone. All you have to do is reboot the iPhone to fix that.

BUT when a correct connection is established you'll lose the ability to change the music from the iPhone.
Old 09-02-2007, 03:41 PM
Advanced

My iPhone works fine with the dice kit now. It displays the text on the screen. The controls on the steering wheel works to, but the controls on the radio to change tracks doesnt work.
Old 09-09-2007, 08:19 AM
Racer

Nick, I've noticed a number of folks in other threads are having the startup issue with the DICE unit--what is the status of this fix? It's been about 2 months for me and it's still a super-annoying problem...will a replacement unit fix this?
Old 09-09-2007, 03:36 PM
Cruisin'

Any idea if the new Ipod Classic will work with the Dice unit? I just returned my 30g and plan on getting an 80g classic to replace it.
Old 09-10-2007, 01:02 AM
2006 ASM tsx

somone please try the new classic. i plan to get a 160gig some day.
Old 09-10-2007, 09:33 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by jswim99
Nick, I've noticed a number of folks in other threads are having the startup issue with the DICE unit--what is the status of this fix? It's been about 2 months for me and it's still a super-annoying problem...will a replacement unit fix this?
A user on here went by our shop on friday but since I'm traveling on business (I'm actually sitting in the waiting area of one of New York's airports right now) I have no idea how it went. I'm getting back tonight I think so I'll let you know tomorrow or the next day on what came out of it.

As for the new iPod's we have a stack of each and every iPod that came out, both model and HDD size so I'll let you know what the story is on those, again tomorrow or the next day. However, I'm 90% certain there will be ZERO problems.

Quick Reply: DICE ipod integration vs. usaspec