Type-S is almost here.

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2021, 08:33 AM
Drifting

Received 1,231 Likes on 890 Posts
Originally Posted by Shadow2056
A lot of people here are just focused on it's performance. I'm focused on the car as a whole.
I hear what you're saying but we are talking about the Type S here. If you honestly believe performance is not a high priority for the Type S, then I have a gently used '21 TLX A-Spec I can offer you.
The following 3 users liked this post by ELIN:
04WDPSeDaN (04-12-2021), Kense (04-11-2021), Shadow2056 (04-10-2021)
Old 04-10-2021, 08:45 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 557 Likes on 275 Posts
Originally Posted by ELIN
I hear what you're saying but we are talking about the Type S here. If you honestly believe performance is not a high priority for the Type S, then I have a gently used '21 TLX A-Spec I can offer you.
Definitely know performance is a key factor. That's for sure. But if the car is fast but I hate the interior, I wouldn't buy it. Lol. I've never been a fan of the Mercedes interior. Especially with the gear shift being on the steering column. That's just odd to me.
The following users liked this post:
one4all (04-11-2021)
Old 04-10-2021, 08:55 AM
Drifting

Definitely know performance is a key factor. That's for sure. But if the car is fast but I hate the interior, I wouldn't buy it. Lol. I've never been a fan of the Mercedes interior. Especially with the gear shift being on the steering column. That's just odd to me.
Makes as much sense as using buttons for gear shifts (P, R, N, D) in an Acura I suppose...

I've had MB sedans with that type of shifting (E-Class). You get used to it.
The following 2 users liked this post by ELIN:
04WDPSeDaN (04-12-2021), Shadow2056 (04-10-2021)
Old 04-10-2021, 12:09 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 2,599 Likes on 1,581 Posts
Still will have more features for the money than its competition. A lot of people here are just focused on it's performance. I'm focused on the car as a whole. .
They cost more thats why they are luxuries & not value items. They do not compete with value items for most buyers. Simple fact is most people who buy a luxury item can choose to buy the value item but don't. Most people who buy the value item cant choose to buy a luxury item because of price. Most people buying a M340 have no more negative personal financial impact than someone buying a TLX. Same goes for buying a $76,800 Base MSRP M550 vs a $54,700 Base MSRP M340.

On the type S performance comment. Why would someone spend the extra money for a type S if its not for the extra performance? People spend the extra money for a M340 over a 330 because the M340 is the current pick of the litter in performance for the German cars in its category. Every thing available outside of the power package in a M340 is available in the $41,250 base MSRP 330i. A lot of people don't like ala carte pricing but it does allow you to buy what you specifically want & not what a option packager thinks you should have. To add to the variety most ala carte sellers also offer 'popular' packages that can reduce the cost of some items.

Makes as much sense as using buttons for gear shifts (P, R, N, D) in an Acura I suppose...
I've had MB sedans with that type of shifting (E-Class). You get used to it.
I like the stick on the floor best even if in my case its counter intuitive. Start the car put the stick forward the car backs up. pull the stick back from the start position & the car goes forward, push the stick to the left & it engages performance modes. They are forced to use the dumb forward for reverse on start because the stick also functions like a ratchet shifter. Pull it back & it upshifts - push forward & it downshifts. (park/reverse lock out in forward) Gives you a choice of using the stick or the paddles.

Last edited by BEAR-AvHistory; 04-10-2021 at 12:19 PM.
Old 04-10-2021, 01:20 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by BEAR-AvHistory
They cost more thats why they are luxuries & not value items. They do not compete with value items for most buyers. Simple fact is most people who buy a luxury item can choose to buy the value item but don't. Most people who buy the value item cant choose to buy a luxury item because of price. Most people buying a M340 have no more negative personal financial impact than someone buying a TLX. Same goes for buying a $76,800 Base MSRP M550 vs a $54,700 Base MSRP M340.

On the type S performance comment. Why would someone spend the extra money for a type S if its not for the extra performance? People spend the extra money for a M340 over a 330 because the M340 is the current pick of the litter in performance for the German cars in its category. Every thing available outside of the power package in a M340 is available in the $41,250 base MSRP 330i. A lot of people don't like ala carte pricing but it does allow you to buy what you specifically want & not what a option packager thinks you should have. To add to the variety most ala carte sellers also offer 'popular' packages that can reduce the cost of some items.
Different people value different things when buying a car. If I'm paying $50k for a car, there are things I expect to be standard. Navigation and heated seats. Going on BMW to build the cars the way the TLX A-Spec and Type S would come with standard(guessing on the Type S like things like Brembos ), I'm at $52,025 before any taxes and fees. M340i I'm at $61,150. The ASpec I'm at $47k. Being that the Type S will already come with big brakes and other features standard, I'm sure it'll come way under the $61k mark. That's IF the pricing on it is at the $50k mark everyone is speculating. I had to add heated seats to both BMWs. More standard features at a lower cost. That to me is value. I'm waiting to see what I can do with the Type S as far as building on the Acura site.
one4all (04-11-2021)
Old 04-10-2021, 01:30 PM
Drifting

Different people value different things when buying a car. If I'm paying $50k for a car, there are things I expect to be standard. Navigation and heated seats. Going on BMW to build the cars the way the TLX A-Spec and Type S would come with standard(guessing on the Type S like things like Brembos ), I'm at $52,025 before any taxes and fees. M340i I'm at $61,150. The ASpec I'm at $47k. Being that the Type S will already come with big brakes and other features standard, I'm sure it'll come way under the $61k mark. That's IF the pricing on it is at the $50k mark everyone is speculating. I had to add heated seats to both BMWs. More standard features at a lower cost. That to me is value. I'm waiting to see what I can do with the Type S as far as building on the Acura site.
My A-Spec retails for nearly $50k and yet it lacks:

Power folding side mirrors (need Advance or Type S for this)
Rain Sensing Wipers (need Advance or Type S for this)
Spare tire (do the Germans do this too now?)

These are the things I had coming from German sedans.
Shadow2056 (04-10-2021)
Old 04-10-2021, 02:34 PM
Suzuka Master

Its just a pricing strategy, nothing special about it. You are not getting any "free" stuff Acura is just playing at maximizing its revenue by forcing you to buy stuff you might not was to get the stuff you do want. Forget discounts & rebates for now that change both cars numbers. Say an Aspec is $47,000 & the M340 is at $61,000 with the same equipment. That's the price but in the M340's case its not a take it or leave it. If it makes you feel better that you got a car for $47,000 vs the $61,000 for the M340 thats nice for you, but you could have gotten a close duplicate HONDA for less money. Which is the value car the TLX or is it the HONDA?

The BMW could use the same pricing strategy as Acura & list all M340's for $61,000. What the ala carte pricing does is let people buy the M340 performance who many not want all the options baked so that they can get a true performance car at a lower price.

You look at the pricing strategy as an add-on where is actually a subtraction from what the price would be with all available items forced in like Acura does. Why doesn't Acura offer a low priced V6DOHC-TT car without all the baked in options instead to forcing you to pay for a top of the line car with everything built it? Be very very easy for them to do a sub $50,000 car with the S power package by making a number of the built in items like heated seats (not all that necessary in the south) extra cost items? I expect it would be a good seller

Personally don't want or need a 4 door sedan but would price a M340 $59,600 MSRP. Yes got heated seats for February.
Shadow2056 (04-10-2021)
Old 04-10-2021, 03:52 PM
Burning Brakes

My A-Spec retails for nearly $50k and yet it lacks:

Power folding side mirrors (need Advance or Type S for this)
Rain Sensing Wipers (need Advance or Type S for this)
Spare tire (do the Germans do this too now?)

These are the things I had coming from German sedans.
Thought BMWs have those run flats and that's why they don't have the spare. Or am I wrong and they stopped doing that?

Its just a pricing strategy, nothing special about it. You are not getting any "free" stuff Acura is just playing at maximizing its revenue by forcing you to buy stuff you might not was to get the stuff you do want. Forget discounts & rebates for now that change both cars numbers. Say an Aspec is $47,000 & the M340 is at $61,000 with the same equipment. That's the price but in the M340's case its not a take it or leave it. If it makes you feel better that you got a car for $47,000 vs the $61,000 for the M340 thats nice for you, but you could have gotten a close duplicate HONDA for less money. Which is the value car the TLX or is it the HONDA?

The BMW could use the same pricing strategy as Acura & list all M340's for $61,000. What the ala carte pricing does is let people buy the M340 performance who many not want all the options baked so that they can get a true performance car at a lower price.

You look at the pricing strategy as an add-on where is actually a subtraction from what the price would be with all available items forced in like Acura does. Why doesn't Acura offer a low priced V6DOHC-TT car without all the baked in options instead to forcing you to pay for a top of the line car with everything built it? Be very very easy for them to do a sub $50,000 car with the S power package by making a number of the built in items like heated seats (not all that necessary in the south) extra cost items? I expect it would be a good seller

Personally don't want or need a 4 door sedan but would price a M340 $59,600 MSRP. Yes got heated seats for February.
True indeed. I could get an Accord Touring 2.0 and have heated and ventilated seats, heads up display, remote start, heated rear seats, and more. all for less than $40k. But it's an economy car. Not an entry level luxury(TLX) or sports sedan(Type S). It's not really about getting "free stuff". More so on spending less but getting more. I could get the accord Touring over the TLX base and have more. But the Accord doesn't have the looks of the TLX. Nor the interior feel of the TLX. Nor the handling. But that 2.0t tho...

I wanna wait until it comes out so I can piece together the packages on the site and compare. Honda/Acura normally come out on top in my book as far as value wise.
Old 04-10-2021, 04:05 PM
Drifting

Thought BMWs have those run flats and that's why they don't have the spare. Or am I wrong and they stopped doing that?
My 2015 Audi A6 had a spare tire but my 2013 E Class had low-profile run flats w/no spare. Depends on the German car I guess.
Shadow2056 (04-10-2021)
Old 04-10-2021, 04:17 PM
Suzuka Master

Both: most cars have RFT but you can order some specific models, mostly M variants, with high performance get flats. The get flats do not come with a spare but spares can be ordered. Spare for my car would be $300.

Shadow2056 (04-10-2021)
Old 04-10-2021, 08:41 PM
Pro

Received 81 Likes on 40 Posts
Both: most cars have RFT but you can order some specific models, mostly M variants, with high performance get flats. The get flats do not come with a spare but spares can be ordered. Spare for my car would be $300.
My brain lagged hard trying to figure out what new type of tire a "get flat" was. Well played. But yep, my 07 E92 came with run flats and no spare and my '15 F82 came with GET FLATS and a fancy fix a flat kit (with a specific place in the trunk to put it). The GTR came with run flats and no fix a flat kit and no place to put it. Oddly, they're 3 of only 4 cars that i've ever owned that didn't/haven't fallen victim to a flat tire at some point (knocks on wood).

Also +1 to both sides of the option packaging debate. I really appreciate BMW"s method of letting me get what I want without making me pay for things I don't care about at all. I also absolutely abhore acura's absolute bullshit with this "you can't mix a-spec and advance with the exception of PMC". And the fact there are advance features that aren't even available on the type-s is just the stupidest shit i've ever heard (the acquiesence on some of those features is the only thing that brought me back to considering it). On the flip side, it's way easier used car shopping when you can just search by trim and obviously makes it easier if youre just buying off the lot (which is what i'd probably do when looking for a tlx type-s).
BEAR-AvHistory (04-11-2021)
Old 04-10-2021, 09:25 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 376 Likes on 255 Posts
Still will have more features for the money than its competition. .
Depends ... the Audi-S4 and S5-SB both come in 3 different trim levels (so fill-in that spreadsheet carefully).

But the 2021 TLX Type-S V6 is estimated to cost $55k, so if you are short on money, I think it's better to just not buy the car at all (or at least, not this Premium one ... or ANY Premium one).

My point is ... when you have this kind of money ... you buy the car you want, not the one that is cheaper or "a good deal". They all are very expensive.
The following 5 users liked this post by Tesla1856:
04WDPSeDaN (04-11-2021), amcobra (04-11-2021), BEAR-AvHistory (04-11-2021), pyrodan007 (04-11-2021), Shadow2056 (04-12-2021)
Old 04-11-2021, 01:14 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 385 Likes on 268 Posts
When I see spare tire being mentioned in the Type-S thread, I know Acura will be very motivated to release new information soon.
The following 2 users liked this post by sonyfever:
bilirubin (04-12-2021), djhtsx (04-11-2021)
Old 04-11-2021, 05:20 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Tony Pac
C'mon $200?? once the car is out, I can accept to pay $200 if it's a homerun but now before the release. No way.
Funny.

I saw some on the Service Advisor's deck so I started looking ... Needs to be A5/S5 (hard-top) Coupe. White and year-model 2020+. Similar rims and black-package would be nice.
But even then, $90 shipped is my max (since they go for $35). $200 is ridiculous.
Old 04-11-2021, 07:56 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 370 Likes on 209 Posts

Actually BMW forces you to buy the spare for $150 when you order non runflats.
Shadow2056 (04-12-2021)
Old 04-12-2021, 11:37 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by jjsC5
Actually BMW forces you to buy the spare for $150 when you order non runflats.
That's not true as far as I know. Have had 3 with get flats 340/440/Z4. Two Factory orders with the track package & one dealer lot with standard get flats. Have never had a spare & a spare was never mentioned to me. Earlier cars 335is/135is had RFT but they were harsh & swapped them out for get flats.

My daughters 2 M4's had/have get flats as standard equipment & no spare.

Last edited by BEAR-AvHistory; 04-12-2021 at 11:46 AM.
Old 04-12-2021, 02:03 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 498 Likes on 249 Posts
Allocation looks like if you have a larger dealership in your area they will get about one Type-S a month for 2021. Heard it from a birdy. Smaller market dealership will wont even get one a month obviously.
CheeseyPoofs McNut (04-12-2021)
Old 04-12-2021, 02:14 PM
Advanced

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by Nexx
Allocation looks like if you have a larger dealership in your area they will get about one Type-S a month for 2021. Heard it from a birdy. Smaller market dealership will wont even get one a month obviously.
that seems extremely low, nsx levels low. How reliable is this info? I’ve had a deposit for almost a year and I’m still number 5 on the list at my local dealer.
Old 04-12-2021, 02:32 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Beaverking
that seems extremely low, nsx levels low. How reliable is this info? I’ve had a deposit for almost a year and I’m still number 5 on the list at my local dealer.
very reliable. from like the horses mouth reliable. If you are number 5, you should get one this year. As for color selection, you get what you get for now lol.
Old 04-12-2021, 02:43 PM
Advanced

very reliable. from like the horses mouth reliable. If you are number 5, you should get one this year. As for color selection, you get what you get for now lol.
problem with “this year” is I’m an impatient bastard and been waiting too long already lol. I may end up getting something else if this is going to turn into a fall time ordeal. Also I’m picky about colors and options and won’t just buy what’s available.
Old 04-12-2021, 02:52 PM
Burning Brakes

problem with “this year” is I’m an impatient bastard and been waiting too long already lol. I may end up getting something else if this is going to turn into a fall time ordeal. Also I’m picky about colors and options and won’t just buy what’s available.
I totally get it. Just keep an eye out in June for the exact one you're looking for. If you have to get one from another dealership and even one from out of state might be the only way for you to get one with the color combination you want. The multispoke wheels will indeed have all season rubber. The Y spoke will have summer tires.
Old 04-12-2021, 03:37 PM
Burning Brakes

Sounds like me (seriously).

At the Acura dealer they gave me a list if the first 8 2021-TLX to hit the dealership last fall. There was really only one or two I was even interested in buying (obviously cars with Base-trim or FWD were automatically excluded).

Totally different at Audi dealer. After I test-drove (only last-years models available still) the A4-sedan and A5-coupe (to decide which I wanted). Instead of looking at only the (pre-ordered "lot") cars to arrive soon ... the sales guy was like ... Let's review one more time what you want exactly and we will just get it from the Houston Port or another dealer (here in Texas or surrounding state). Very understanding about my "picky-ness" and very accommodating.
The following 2 users liked this post by Tesla1856:
pyrodan007 (04-12-2021), Shadow2056 (04-12-2021)
Old 04-12-2021, 04:13 PM
6G TLX-S

Received 1,143 Likes on 817 Posts
"This year" or this model year (2021 MY) is pretty short for the 2021 TLX Type-S, because 2022 model year TLX will be arriving at the dealerships at around Sept, as in the past years when new-generation-release or MMC-update is not happening.

Old 04-12-2021, 04:41 PM
Stay Out Of the Left Lane

Received 1,236 Likes on 1,023 Posts
Originally Posted by Edward'TLS
"This year" or this model year (2021 MY) is pretty short for the 2021 TLX Type-S, because 2022 model year TLX will be arriving at the dealerships at around Sept, as in the past years when new-generation-release or MMC-update is not happening.
Unless the chip shortage reshapes when new models are released for the 2022 MY across all manufacturers. I haven't been that close to the story or the supply chain issues so don't know how dire things are or aren't. Just occasionally hear of delays and plants being idled.
one4all (04-13-2021)
Old 04-12-2021, 05:12 PM
User Awaiting Email Confirmation

Received 381 Likes on 235 Posts
One a month for larger dealerships? Bring onnnnn the absurd ADM!

Just for shits and giggles, I emailed a local Honda dealer about the 3 Civic Type-R's they have sitting on their lot front and center on a main street (odd that they had them out like that, but I wouldn't be caught dead in one) and they wanted $8k over sticker for it. Honda fanboys truly are the epitome of stupid. I can't blame the dealers for taking full advantage of them though. With the ridiculous comments about the TLX Type-S "taking over the scene," I'd suspect plenty of these mouth-breathers to be looking to lease one of the first ones, regardless of ADM, to impress all the pimple-faced teens at local car meet-ups (another place I wouldn't be caught dead).

Old 04-12-2021, 05:59 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by leomio85

Just for shits and giggles, I emailed a local Honda dealer about the 3 Civic Type-R's they have sitting on their lot front and center on a main street (odd that they had them out like that, but I wouldn't be caught dead in one) and they wanted $8k over sticker for it. Honda fanboys truly are the epitome of stupid. I can't blame the dealers for taking full advantage of them though. With the ridiculous comments about the TLX Type-S "taking over the scene," I'd suspect plenty of these mouth-breathers to be looking to lease one of the first ones, regardless of ADM, to impress all the pimple-faced teens at local car meet-ups (another place I wouldn't be caught dead).
Highly doubt anyone will lease one. They won't qualify for any incentives. The leases wont make sense.
one4all (04-13-2021)
Old 04-12-2021, 06:18 PM
Advanced

With all the hype and people waiting for one causing lower sales I believe for the other trims, they would really be shooting themselves in the foot by limiting the type s so heavily and then adding insult to injury and marking it up over msrp. The civic type r is a different niche I believe and was never highly sought after plus way to expensive before the markups for what it is.
Old 04-12-2021, 06:32 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,613 Likes on 2,193 Posts
That’s pretty sad, if the release actually goes down like this. This is not a NSX, after all. Further, if the dealers start with the ADM garbage, I’m for certain out even if the car is the second coming of Senna himself . Thanks for the info, though !
Old 04-12-2021, 06:36 PM
Burning Brakes

With all the hype and people waiting for one causing lower sales I believe for the other trims, they would really be shooting themselves in the foot by limiting the type s so heavily and then adding insult to injury and marking it up over msrp. The civic type r is a different niche I believe and was never highly sought after plus way to expensive before the markups for what it is.
It will actually help the sales imho. People will in come to take a look at the TYPE-S, will finally get real and realize it out of their budget and settle on a lower trim. Not having the Type-S out initially really hurt sales imho.
The following 2 users liked this post by Nexx:
neuronbob (04-12-2021), one4all (04-13-2021)
Old 04-12-2021, 06:46 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 546 Likes on 361 Posts
Minus the manual and non-AWD negatives, being a hatchback can't be too niche. Still very practical. Honda is the idiot for using low inventory as an excuse.

I had no problems ordering a custom 2021 S5 SB (Technik, Quantum gray, BO, etc...) and getting at least 4k discount (probably even more on delivery with incentives, TBD). I'm not sure what games Acura is playing it, chip shortage or not....
Old 04-12-2021, 06:51 PM
iWhine S/C 6MT TL

Received 2,563 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Originally Posted by leomio85

Speaking of over priced. Here was an over priced CTR in central NJ. Not sure if it sold but I couldn't stop laughing and it wasn't maxed out on options. Won't surprise me if these local dealerships will overprice the TLX-S.
The following 2 users liked this post by 04WDPSeDaN:
leomio85 (04-13-2021), Shadow2056 (04-13-2021)
Old 04-12-2021, 07:19 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by pyrodan007

I had no problems ordering a custom 2021 S5 SB (Technik, Quantum gray, BO, etc...) and getting at least 4k discount (probably even more on delivery with incentives, TBD).
Excellent.

For that, we all get a video treat:

pyrodan007 (04-12-2021)
Old 04-12-2021, 07:44 PM

Highly doubt anyone will lease one. They won't qualify for any incentives. The leases wont make sense.
It makes perfect sense when you can’t actually afford the car, but have to front like you can. With everyone wanting their egos stroked by Instagram likes, I’m sure I’ll see plenty around here.

Originally Posted by neuronbob
That’s pretty sad, if the release actually goes down like this. This is not a NSX, after all. Further, if the dealers start with the ADM garbage, I’m for certain out even if the car is the second coming of Senna himself . Thanks for the info, though !
Best part is, it won’t be. It’ll be a competent vehicle and will likely be lauded as being a great all-rounder, but nothing will really set it head and shoulders above any of the competition. The biggest thing it has going for it is it’s value proposition, which is out the window when dealers are asking $60k+ for them.

I suspect the low production figures don’t have as much to do with some masterful scheme by Acura, but rather just supply shortages causing them to reduce production. In a year or so when this shortage blows over, the production numbers will likely ramp up.
Old 04-12-2021, 10:29 PM
Racer

Received 37 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by Tesla1856
Excellent.

For that, we all get a video treat:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uD3K...hannel=AudiUSA
I love Audi, but as soon as they announced that they won't develop ICE anymore, they kinda became dead to me :/
Tesla1856 (04-12-2021)
Old 04-13-2021, 12:01 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by CaliAtenza
I love Audi, but as soon as they announced that they won't develop ICE anymore, they kinda became dead to me :/
Yeah, I don't know. Seems too extreme, right? Is the future really a Pure-EV R8?

I'm good for a while, so I guess we cross that bridge later. Having 2 vehicles helps. One can be pure-EV, the other ICE or PHEV combo (my current favorite).
If I can't get a ICE or Hybrid S5-coupe in 6-7 years, I might have to jump to Porsche or BMW. Corvettes are nice if they are AWD-Hybrids by then (but not sure a Vette can really be a "daily driver").

Last edited by Tesla1856; 04-13-2021 at 12:04 AM.
Old 04-13-2021, 07:01 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 370 Likes on 209 Posts
That's not true as far as I know. Have had 3 with get flats 340/440/Z4. Two Factory orders with the track package & one dealer lot with standard get flats. Have never had a spare & a spare was never mentioned to me. Earlier cars 335is/135is had RFT but they were harsh & swapped them out for get flats.

My daughters 2 M4's had/have get flats as standard equipment & no spare.
You may be right on the 3/4 series. The five series you are forced to get the spare.
Old 04-13-2021, 07:06 AM

Originally Posted by 04WDPSeDaN
Speaking of over priced. Here was an over priced CTR in central NJ. Not sure if it sold but I couldn't stop laughing and it wasn't maxed out on options. Won't surprise me if these local dealerships will overprice the TLX-S.
Damn, got us beat here on LI ...

https://www.hondacityli.com/new-Levi...FK8G08MU201420

I don't think the Type-S will ever command a $20k+ ADM, but I would say the first batch to come in at around $10k ADM over sticker, give or take a couple grand depending on how hot Acuras are in the area. Heck, if it's true that they're only getting one a month, you may actually see them trying for $20k over sticker.
Old 04-13-2021, 07:57 AM
Drifting

Hopefully those of you who put deposits down don't get bumped out of line for someone who just walks into the dealership willing to pay well above MSRP (especially when pricing is still not public and therefore no pricing promises can be made). I have a feeling some of our buddies with '22 MDX deposits are getting the same treatment. The only difference is the MDX pricing was already well known when a lot of these deposits were given.
Old 04-13-2021, 08:09 AM
Advanced

Hopefully those of you who put deposits down don't get bumped out of line for someone who just walks into the dealership willing to pay well above MSRP (especially when pricing is still not public and therefore no pricing promises can be made). I have a feeling some of our buddies with '22 MDX deposits are getting the same treatment. The only difference is the MDX pricing was already well known when a lot of these deposits were given.
It’s quite possible. Then I take my money, say 🖕🏻 And walk across the street to another dealer. Pretty sad what some businesses and companies do. We will see here in about a month.
ELIN (04-13-2021)
Old 04-13-2021, 08:25 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 04WDPSeDaN

Yep. There's one in Charlotte, NC for $75k at a Honda dealer. That's beyond stupid. It'll sit there for sure.
04WDPSeDaN (04-13-2021)

Quick Reply: Type-S is almost here.