Received 498 Likes on 249 Posts
Originally Posted by russianDude
I disagree. Give it 2 years.
a lot can happen in 2 years for sure.
Old 09-23-2021, 09:58 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by BEAR-AvHistory
Its not going to take that long. Once the gotta-haveits are done its just another Acura. Seems like our two stores always have some Type-S in stock 4 right now.
Bear as much as you would love to bring up numbers to prove youre agenda sometimes you have to admit you're beat. Our Zone which consists of 80 plus dealerships is showing a total of 20 TLX Types in both performance tire and summer tire options (and just because the Acura database shows available doesnt mean they arent sold, could be that they just havent been reported sold). Not sure what your two stores are doing but they arent indicative of the Type S supply or demand.
Old 09-23-2021, 10:48 PM
Adept Acura Enthusiast

Received 339 Likes on 228 Posts
Well hopefully most of the gotta have-it people got the type-s already so the price can start being negotiable. Still can’t believe some people are paying upwards of $60k+ before (TTL) for an Acura Sedan.
Old 09-23-2021, 10:58 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by MarcoTLX
Well hopefully most of the gotta have-it people got the type-s already so the price can start being negotiable. Still can’t believe some people are paying upwards of $60k+ before (TTL) for an Acura Sedan.
unfortunately in this market, not much is negotiable but yes, 60k+ is silly
The following users liked this post:
MarcoTLX (09-23-2021)
Old 09-23-2021, 11:42 PM
6G TLX-S

Received 1,146 Likes on 818 Posts
Originally Posted by Nexx
Bear as much as you would love to bring up numbers to prove youre agenda sometimes you have to admit you're beat. Our Zone which consists of 80 plus dealerships is showing a total of 20 TLX Types in both performance tire and summer tire options (and just because the Acura database shows available doesnt mean they arent sold, could be that they just havent been reported sold). Not sure what your two stores are doing but they arent indicative of the Type S supply or demand.
Agree. There seems to be a widespread shortage of TLX Type-S supply. Some members on this forum have been searching high and low and/or waiting in line for their Type-S purchases.

If some rare dealerships have multiple Type-S sedans in stock, as reported by BEAR-AvHistory. There can only be 2 reasons why potential buyers won't buy from them, namely #1 too hefty ADM and/or mandatory dealer added accessories, and #2 odd ball colours (such as Tiger Eye Pearl) that no one wants.

It is still next to impossible to go to an Acura dealership and drive home a ready to go Type-S at MSRP .

Last edited by Edward'TLS; 09-23-2021 at 11:45 PM.
Old 09-23-2021, 11:48 PM
Adept Acura Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Edward'TLS
Agree. There seems to be a widespread shortage of TLX Type-S supply. Some members on this forum have been searching high and low and/or waiting in line for their Type-S purchases.

If some rare dealerships have multiple Type-S sedans in stock, as reported by BEAR-AvHistory. There can only be 2 reasons why potential buyers won't buy from them, namely #1 too hefty ADM and/or mandatory dealer added accessories, and #2 odd ball colours (such as Tiger Eye Pearl) that no one wants.

It is still next to impossible to go to an Acura dealership and drive home a ready to go Type-S at MSRP .
#2 works out in my favor cause I would like a Tiger Eye Pearl Type-S
And I don’t really prefer any other color besides Modern Steel Metallic
loki (09-25-2021)
Old 09-24-2021, 12:54 AM
Air Vice Marshal

Received 300 Likes on 155 Posts
There were only 2,000 Type-S's built for MY2021 in the US and another 200 for Canada. Now the production is over and the dealers have all, or nearly all, people will have to wait for the 2022s. I was told late November for them to start hitting the lots. It will be interesting to see what happens. I think it's safe to say all TLXs, indeed all cars, will be in short supply due to chip shortages. A couple more chip factories in SE Asia shut down this week due to labor problems related to the Delta form.

I think we will be seeing high prices on all vehicles for the entire 2022 model year.
Old 09-24-2021, 03:05 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 2,599 Likes on 1,581 Posts

Leith Acura
  • Body Style: 4dr Car $53,825
  • Model Code: UB7F0MGW
  • Engine: Intercooled Turbo Premium Unleaded V-6 3.0 L
  • Drive Type: AWD
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Ext. Color: Platinum White Pearl
  • VIN #: 19UUB7F03MA000183
  • Body Style: SH-AWD Sedan call for price
  • Model Code: UB7F0MGW
  • Transmission: 10 Speed Automatic
  • Ext. Color: Platinum White Pearl
  • Int. Color: Red Leather
  • VIN #: 19UUB7F04MA001441
Hendrick Acura
  • Trim: TYPE S $53,845
  • 3.0L V-6 Engine
  • Platinum White Pearl
  • Orchid Leather Interior
  • Stock #: MA0383
  • 19UUB7F07MA001269
Black one is gone since this morning.

These two dealers have had between 3 & 7 units between them since deliveries started in the US. Both dealers are multi brand & try the "add-on stuff" with every car they sell. I have never paid for any add-ons with them as they typically give them up in normal price combat. Last car bought from Lieth 8/17/21 BMW 2022 M4C convertible status 112 (order scheduled for production) was just under MSRP with no addons after negotiation.

Don't know final pricing on the Type-S
Old 09-24-2021, 03:49 AM
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lots of folks on here like to bag on Acura's marketing department with their "believe the hype" mantra, but it seems they have performed brilliantly. Sold pretty much all 2000 MY 21units except for a few that are in the hands of dealers seeking the ADM holy grail. Not bad for an exceptionally well handling but underperforming entry luxury brand.
Old 09-24-2021, 08:04 AM

Received 1,405 Likes on 636 Posts
Originally Posted by ericnerica
Lots of folks on here like to bag on Acura's marketing department with their "believe the hype" mantra, but it seems they have performed brilliantly. Sold pretty much all 2000 MY 21units except for a few that are in the hands of dealers seeking the ADM holy grail. Not bad for an exceptionally well handling but underperforming entry luxury brand.
The problem people on this forum have is they don't understand Acura's marketing isn't directed at them. It's aimed at the regular schmoe - not the big time car enthusiast.
The following 5 users liked this post by CheeseyPoofs McNut:
BEAR-AvHistory (09-24-2021), F23A4 (09-24-2021), loki (09-25-2021), MarcoTLX (09-24-2021), one4all (09-28-2021)
Old 09-24-2021, 08:48 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 703 Likes on 545 Posts
they need to make more units next year if they want to make more money.
there are many of us that will not jump on a hype train and will patiently wait
Old 09-24-2021, 07:12 PM
6G TLX-S

Originally Posted by russianDude

there are many of us that will not jump on a hype train and will patiently wait
Don't let Honda know, or it will further reinforce Acura's very bad strategy to continue squeezing the future Type-S supply.

Old 09-24-2021, 09:06 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 385 Likes on 225 Posts
Originally Posted by ericnerica
Not for nothing but there are models from many makes at this point that take many months to get. Don't confuse being "sold out" as being anything special these days. There have been a pretty good number of type S at the 4 pretty near acura dealerships here for months. The tiger eye has been the color that seems to last on the lots for obvious reasons.
The following 2 users liked this post by jhb31:
BEAR-AvHistory (09-25-2021), leomio2.0 (09-24-2021)
Old 09-24-2021, 09:57 PM
Pro

Received 267 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by jhb31
Not for nothing but there are models from many makes at this point that take many months to get. Don't confuse being "sold out" as being anything special these days. There have been a pretty good number of type S at the 4 pretty near acura dealerships here for months. The tiger eye has been the color that seems to last on the lots for obvious reasons.
that’s definitely not the case in the south. All Acura lots near me look abandoned with barely any new model cars available. One dealer near me received all of the allotments for ‘21 type s and has sold them all. As someone mentioned, the days of getting a Acura under mrsp maybe over for some time.
Old 09-25-2021, 06:14 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by djhtsx
that’s definitely not the case in the south. All Acura lots near me look abandoned with barely any new model cars available. One dealer near me received all of the allotments for ‘21 type s and has sold them all. As someone mentioned, the days of getting a Acura under mrsp maybe over for some time.
I took a look at two of the local dealers real quick. Princeton Acura has just two TLX's. One is a gold Type S. Bridgewater has 21 TLX's and 3 are type S. One of them gold as well. As for lots being empty the flemington area here has dealers for almost every make car/truck except Acura for whatever reason. The lots for all are very empty when I drove through that area last weekend. As for the type S the availability has been pretty steady. There are a couple of other Acura dealers fairly close but they don't have any Type S. So 4 available nearby (within +/- 30 mins) and that is probably the lowest total in a couple months.
Old 09-25-2021, 09:52 AM
Suzuka Master

Was at my big volume BMW dealer yesterday, two local stores, lot I was at was pretty empty. Inventory lists 30 cars but looks like half are in transit & not there yet.

BMW made a decision to release cars without the standard no wire phone charger - no chips available.
Old 09-25-2021, 10:21 AM

Was at my big volume BMW dealer yesterday, two local stores, lot I was at was pretty empty. Inventory lists 30 cars but looks like half are in transit & not there yet.

BMW made a decision to release cars without the standard no wire phone charger - no chips available.
When I bought my TLX the dealer site had 22 TLX's listed but only 5 unsold on the lot. You can't go by the website when tracking what's really available.
Old 09-25-2021, 12:31 PM
6G TLX-S

While on European brands, Porsche is now releasing vehicles without the power telescoping steering wheel function due to chip shortage. Dealer will perform manual telescoping adjustment, which is a 1-hr job. Parts will be retrofitted once the required chip is available, but with unknown ETA.

I think very soon, more and more automakers will release vehicles with incomplete functions, rather than not releasing vehicles at all.

Last edited by Edward'TLS; 09-25-2021 at 12:34 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Edward'TLS:
BEAR-AvHistory (09-25-2021), dmski (09-25-2021)
Old 09-26-2021, 06:50 AM
Racer

Received 164 Likes on 86 Posts

While on European brands, Porsche is now releasing vehicles without the power telescoping steering wheel function due to chip shortage. Dealer will perform manual telescoping adjustment, which is a 1-hr job. Parts will be retrofitted once the required chip is available, but with unknown ETA.

I think very soon, more and more automakers will release vehicles with incomplete functions, rather than not releasing vehicles at all.
Yep. BMW is rationing certain options like premium audio and adaptive suspension, removing them from the lower trims (330i and under) and installing them on their more expensive models (M340i and up).
Old 09-26-2021, 05:48 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,666 Likes on 930 Posts
The GM of my Acura store indicated that he we off to a big dealer meeting with Honda Corporate in the next week or so. He indicated that he believes the current scenario will be in place for some time to come and that most makes will NOT be assembling vehicles at the rate they have in years past. #TheNewNormalisNow
Old 09-28-2021, 09:06 AM
®

Received 473 Likes on 224 Posts
The many dozens of chips in structures from brake systems to airbag controls were revealed as chokepoints where obsolete technologies reigned supreme. The essentially ancient chips, comparatively simple transistors for the day, are far too primitive to be used in high-tech devices such as today’s smartphones and televisions. Now that these dinosaurs of processor technology are in scarce supply, chipmakers are jumping on the bandwagon to scold car companies to upgrade with the times. “I’ll make them as many Intel (old) chips as they want,” Intel chief executive Pat Gelsinger told Fortune. “It just makes no economic or strategic sense. Rather than spending billions on new ‘old’ fabs, let’s spend millions to help migrate designs to modern ones. A lot of it just has to do with the fact that these are proven designs.” Carmakers have pushed for additional production of such old-school semiconductors, but chipmakers are pushing back hard. Under relentless pressure from carmakers to drive prices down from suppliers, such cheap and outmoded processors have become nothing less than bulk commodity products.

https://www.autoevolution.com/news/c...es-170203.html
Old 09-28-2021, 03:56 PM
Air Vice Marshal

Received 300 Likes on 155 Posts

I'm not sure that one is a chip issue. It apparently was excruciatingly slow to charge, but made the phones pretty hot.

My BMW CA told me today they are down to only 16 new vehicles on a lot that usually has hundreds.
BEAR-AvHistory (09-30-2021)
Old 09-30-2021, 02:48 PM
Burning Brakes

Open Road Acura has 4 listed now, a week ago they had none (Blue, Black, White, Red)
Princeton Acura has 1 now (White) oddly enough they show NO other TLX's in inventory outside of the S.
Davis has 0 Type S. Oddly they have 2 TLX 2020 leftovers still listed.
Bridgewater has 4 listed (Red, White (2), and the Gold one they have had for many weeks).

So a week ago there were a total of 4 across those dealers, now 9.
Old 09-30-2021, 07:33 PM
6G TLX-S

Open Road Acura has 4 listed now, a week ago they had none (Blue, Black, White, Red)
Princeton Acura has 1 now (White) oddly enough they show NO other TLX's in inventory outside of the S.
Davis has 0 Type S. Oddly they have 2 TLX 2020 leftovers still listed.
Bridgewater has 4 listed (Red, White (2), and the Gold one they have had for many weeks).

So a week ago there were a total of 4 across those dealers, now 9.
Open Road Acura tends to include pre-sold customer vehicles, which have arrived or about to arrive, on its new vehicle list.

So the list doesn't reflect accurately in terms of new vehicles that you can buy and drive away.

The only way to find out is to call them to know what really is available.

Don't know if other dealers are doing the same with their online inventory lists.

Old 09-30-2021, 11:43 PM
Burning Brakes

Open Road Acura tends to include pre-sold customer vehicles, which have arrived or about to arrive, on its new vehicle list.

So the list doesn't reflect accurately in terms of new vehicles that you can buy and drive away.

The only way to find out is to call them to know what really is available.

Don't know if other dealers are doing the same with their online inventory lists.
Their inventory seems to vary weekly so at the very least it appears they get a pretty steady supply coming into them. I would guess if you wanted one they would have it in fairly short order which is pretty good these days for any model car. Was driving by the local honda dealer Tuesday and their lot was pretty sparse unlike I have ever seen. Frankly I would guess you may have no more difficulty getting a type S as you want than a regular TLX optioned as you prefer these days. It's pretty incredible the overall shortage of things the past 7 or 8 months with no end in sight. Used to be just toilet paper, now that is no longer an issue but just about everything else is harder and/or much more expensive and going higher.
Old 10-01-2021, 11:08 AM
Adept Acura Enthusiast

Was gonna put my deposit down on an incoming type-s with my preferred dealer but my salesman wasn’t here today so I’m rescheduling. However they have one Type S on the lot that has been sitting for 4-5 weeks now I guess no one in the area wants to buy a type-s or Atleast they don’t like the way it’s optioned. In my opinion it’s optioned well color and interior wise. So it would be my second choice apart from the incoming Type-S.

I might get that instead if they can offer me an MSRP deal or just maybe maybe alittle under MSRP since the car has been on the lot for over a month unsold.

Last edited by MarcoTLX; 10-01-2021 at 11:11 AM.
Old 10-01-2021, 01:44 PM
6G TLX-S

Their inventory seems to vary weekly so at the very least it appears they get a pretty steady supply coming into them. I would guess if you wanted one they would have it in fairly short order which is pretty good these days for any model car. Was driving by the local honda dealer Tuesday and their lot was pretty sparse unlike I have ever seen. Frankly I would guess you may have no more difficulty getting a type S as you want than a regular TLX optioned as you prefer these days. It's pretty incredible the overall shortage of things the past 7 or 8 months with no end in sight. Used to be just toilet paper, now that is no longer an issue but just about everything else is harder and/or much more expensive and going higher.
On the contrary, I had great difficulty (in terms of waiting for production and delivery) getting my TLX Type-S from a Canadian Open Road Acura, even though (1) I had signed the order agreement (with a set final price) and paid a deposit on the very 1st day the official dealer price list was released and (2) I know the dealership and the salesman very well.

The issue was that dealerships had to honour the February 240-unit online pre-orders first before anything else. I was constantly kept in the loop in terms of the colour and the quantity of Type-S sedans arriving and delivering. They had a total of 5 allocations in Charcoal colour. Just because one of the customers was having issues with his wife about the purchase, that I could pick up his car which is the final 2021 model year Type-S for the dealership.

No such issue with ordering other TLX trims, because there is no such wait list as for the Type-S and dealerships are willing to trade around non-Type-S cars between themselves.

Old 10-01-2021, 02:15 PM
Suzuka Master

I would agree. When I do the inventory lookup at the two dealers here I check the VIN's & they are changing so cars are moving out. That said 2 or 3 cars a week from what are normally high volume stores is not much. Have seen a few TLX on the road but no Type-S yet. Its a really nice looking car & think the shot themselves in the foot by not either building the car they advertise or advertise the car they build.
MarcoTLX (10-01-2021)
Old 10-01-2021, 03:21 PM

I would agree. When I do the inventory lookup at the two dealers here I check the VIN's & they are changing so cars are moving out. That said 2 or 3 cars a week from what are normally high volume stores is not much. Have seen a few TLX on the road but no Type-S yet. Its a really nice looking car & think the shot themselves in the foot by not either building the car they advertise or advertise the car they build.
Shot themselves in the foot how?

They're not having trouble selling them (save for the odd dealership that has one sitting for a while - which may be of there own doing) and other than the occasional youtuber or hard core car guy nobody seems to care that it won't win a drag race against every car in the segment.

Old 10-01-2021, 04:19 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by CheeseyPoofs McNut
Shot themselves in the foot how?

They're not having trouble selling them (save for the odd dealership that has one sitting for a while - which may be of there own doing) and other than the occasional youtuber or hard core car guy nobody seems to care that it won't win a drag race against every car in the segment.
They sold less that 2000 cars last month after all the big performance hype. Why don't the sell it as a great family car, since that is what it is? Market to their real audience instead of the one the wish they had but will not get because the product falls short.

As soon as you try to sell performance it better perform. Last place in most categories is not a good place to be.

Last edited by BEAR-AvHistory; 10-01-2021 at 04:24 PM.
MarcoTLX (10-01-2021)
Old 10-01-2021, 09:56 PM
Family Hauler

Received 161 Likes on 76 Posts
They sold less that 2000 cars last month after all the big performance hype. Why don't the sell it as a great family car, since that is what it is? Market to their real audience instead of the one the wish they had but will not get because the product falls short.

As soon as you try to sell performance it better perform. Last place in most categories is not a good place to be.
Where is the comparison date posted? I’ve seen countless comparison videos, all with subjective reviews, but have yet to see any actually rate the vehicles in this class? I know the Type S is last in terms of 0-60mph and 1/4 mile ET, but I have a hard time believing it’s last in many categories.
Old 10-02-2021, 12:49 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by caLiTLX
Where is the comparison date posted? I’ve seen countless comparison videos, all with subjective reviews, but have yet to see any actually rate the vehicles in this class? I know the Type S is last in terms of 0-60mph and 1/4 mile ET, but I have a hard time believing it’s last in many categories.
Right here the numbers have all been posted on this site many times, do a search. The only Performance category that the type is is not at the bottom is 300ft Skid Pad. Unfortunately for the car a good skid pad performance did not turn out to be an indicator for a good handling number.

What is surprising is the the 355BHP Type-S had worse gas mileage than the 382BHP M340.
Old 10-02-2021, 01:34 AM
Advanced

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by caLiTLX
You can't expect at 4200 lbs it's gonna do all that well at braking. Everything I've read say those large front Brembos fade pretty fast.
Old 10-02-2021, 03:47 AM

So - this begs the question - who is their real audience? I know who I *think* it is but I would be curious who you think it is.
The following 2 users liked this post by CheeseyPoofs McNut:
JDM_DOHC_SiR (10-02-2021), MarcoTLX (10-02-2021)
Old 10-02-2021, 10:43 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by CheeseyPoofs McNut
So - this begs the question - who is their real audience? I know who I *think* it is but I would be curious who you think it is.
People looking for a good comfortable daily driver thats a fits all car. Shopping, Vacations, School bus etc. OK FUN but not outstanding for the occasional back road. Its not a standout in any specific performance category but better than a lot of other family cars. Think most fans here fit that category and are happy with the car. People buy what they like, as is said,"no shit Sherlock".

Their customer base has changed dramatically since they were a leading Sports Sedan in actual numbers. Generally those running for the gold were BMW, Acura, Audi & Infiniti. BMW has kept on keeping on. Acura crashed with the 4G but was repairable with the current Type-s well behind but at least pointing in the right direction while Infiniti has crashed & burned. Audi has always made good performance cars but took a big hit from 60 Minutes. Took years to recover. That said in the small world of North Raleigh Audi has replaced Acura as the non BMW to buy.

They build nothing truly comparable to the German cars they want to compete with. Look at the MT review.

MT not my magazine of choice but the one that did a comparison & posted here by "F23A4" ranked the Type-S #3 out of 3 American cars that line up in the broad definition of the category. No matter how you look at it the car as good as it is keeping coming up at the bottom of the list when evaluated as a Sports Sedan. IMHO if it were marketed as a top grade, reasonably priced family car it would sell better.

Last edited by BEAR-AvHistory; 10-02-2021 at 10:46 AM.
Old 10-02-2021, 11:25 AM
AZ Community Team

Received 4,172 Likes on 2,590 Posts
What's surprising is that there is not a single competitor (S4/C43/M340) on that list the Type-S competes with but sure two door high performance coupes?
That list is worthless as a comparison to similar cars.

Right here the numbers have all been posted on this site many times, do a search. The only Performance category that the type is is not at the bottom is 300ft Skid Pad. Unfortunately for the car a good skid pad performance did not turn out to be an indicator for a good handling number.

What is surprising is the the 355BHP Type-S had worse gas mileage than the 382BHP M340.
Jim2301 (10-02-2021)
Old 10-02-2021, 12:47 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Legend2TL
What's surprising is that there is not a single competitor (S4/C43/M340) on that list the Type-S competes with but sure two door high performance coupes?
That list is worthless as a comparison to similar cars.
Yeah, well what can I say. Maybe they should not run performance cars. The really really good news is the Type-S beat the Road & Track 2020 PCOTY Hyundai Veloster N by 2 full seconds according to the list. Maybe that qualified the Type-S.

The guys ran the car & they posted the number. They post the number of any car they run.

If they run a car that the Type-S competes with, whatever they are they after the drag race showing, they will add it too the list. Not many of the cars on the list actually compete against each other so yeah I guess the list is worthless but still interesting. That said watching the vid of the test on a tight technical track which does not reward horsepower the SHAWD the car did not look all that great in handling.

Last edited by BEAR-AvHistory; 10-02-2021 at 01:01 PM.
Old 10-02-2021, 12:58 PM
Pro

Received 542 Likes on 265 Posts
Right behind Hellcat Redeye, Mustang GT PP1, Supra and RS3.... Is that a really bad place to be??? Also, no usual suspects to compare. This list is useless. Top 10 make up of cars that are double or triple the price. Let's be objective here. Yes, 0-60 and quarter mile times should be better but it's also 10-15k less than equivalent Germans and please don't tell me that you are going to get 10-15% off MSRP. Those days are done.
MarcoTLX (10-02-2021)
Old 10-02-2021, 01:26 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by dmski
Right behind Hellcat Redeye, Mustang GT PP1, Supra and RS3.... Is that a really bad place to be??? Also, no usual suspects to compare. This list is useless. Top 10 make up of cars that are double or triple the price. Let's be objective here. Yes, 0-60 and quarter mile times should be better but it's also 10-15k less than equivalent Germans and please don't tell me that you are going to get 10-15% off MSRP. Those days are done.
There are these things called Luxury Cars. Luxuries tend to cost more money. Before you jump in with the the scripted answer think about the Honda Accord Touring pricing VS the TLX pricing.

Yeah the 2022 M4C was just below MSRP a few percent. Its still not an MSRP + ADM like the TLX-S or MSRP + nitrogen tires & a few silly things for thousands of dollars added on for items of no or little value.

You think that since a lot more people buy German cars for more money than the Type-S they might not be thinking of the TLX as an equivalent car? Go back to Accord Touring VS TLX.
Old 10-02-2021, 01:26 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 4,172 Likes on 2,590 Posts
Yeah, well what can I say. Maybe they should not run performance cars. The really really good news is the Type-S beat the Road & Track 2020 PCOTY Hyundai Veloster N by 2 full seconds according to the list. Maybe that qualified the Type-S.

The guys ran the car & they posted the number. They post the number of any car they run.

If they run a car that the Type-S competes with, whatever they are they after the drag race showing, they will add it too the list. Not many of the cars on the list actually compete against each other so yeah I guess the list is worthless but still interesting. That said watching the vid of the test on a tight technical track which does not reward horsepower the SHAWD the car did not look all that great in handling.
Well you could do what I did and quantify the data, the BMW M2 competition ran 73.53s and the Type-S ran 76.66s, or only 4.2% slower overall. Not bad comparing to a ultra high performance BMW coupe.

watching the Type-S handling on SG, Matt Moran, Edmunds, and AoA it handled very well. All of those reviewers and others praised the Type-S handling.

Originally Posted by dmski
that list is useless as well as the 10-15% off rhetoric.

Quick Reply: TLX Type S release thread; prices, trims and availability