Any regrets from TLX Type S owners?

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2021, 07:27 PM
Advanced

Received 35 Likes on 15 Posts
Any regrets from TLX Type S owners?

I read this forum on a daily basis and there is just so much negativity about the Type S. I put down a deposit for a white on red Type S from Columbia Acura and I'm just wondering are there any OWNERS of the TLX Type S that regret their purchase?

Popular Reply

09-15-2021, 07:38 PM
caLiTLX
Family Hauler

Received 159 Likes on 75 Posts
If you’re a true car enthusiast, you will find that no car is perfect and appreciate all cars. You just need to find a car that makes you happy and fits your current life style. As new TLX Type S owner, I can tell you that I don’t regret my purchase. Can the car be faster? Sure. Can it be more spacious? Sure. At the end of the day, it’s all trade offs between all the cars in this segment.

i do agree with you that this forum has tons of negative comments about the new TLX Type S; I’m assuming most are not Type S owners and they keep clinging on to the fact that the car was overhyped and not what it was claimed to be. I have never been in a forum where a specific car was dragged through the mud so much - and I’ve owned plenty of other cars.

If you have done your homework and you know what you’re buying, I’m confident you’ll be happy with the purchase. Good luck and update this thread with your thoughts after you purchase it.
Old 09-15-2021, 07:32 PM
Racer

Received 310 Likes on 143 Posts
Drove 4.5 hours to get mine from Columbia Acura and no regrets with the car or driving to get it. 1200 miles on the car now and completely happy with it. Wait for the exact color combo that you want, it's worth it
The following 6 users liked this post by Camaro194:
BOWA41 (09-17-2021), MarcoTLX (09-16-2021), Midnight Mystery (11-30-2021), one4all (12-01-2021), SGPMan (09-15-2021), WTF.Acura (09-15-2021) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 09-15-2021, 07:38 PM
Family Hauler

If you’re a true car enthusiast, you will find that no car is perfect and appreciate all cars. You just need to find a car that makes you happy and fits your current life style. As new TLX Type S owner, I can tell you that I don’t regret my purchase. Can the car be faster? Sure. Can it be more spacious? Sure. At the end of the day, it’s all trade offs between all the cars in this segment.

i do agree with you that this forum has tons of negative comments about the new TLX Type S; I’m assuming most are not Type S owners and they keep clinging on to the fact that the car was overhyped and not what it was claimed to be. I have never been in a forum where a specific car was dragged through the mud so much - and I’ve owned plenty of other cars.

If you have done your homework and you know what you’re buying, I’m confident you’ll be happy with the purchase. Good luck and update this thread with your thoughts after you purchase it.
The following 16 users liked this post by caLiTLX:
a35tl (09-15-2021), BOWA41 (09-17-2021), Carlson (08-31-2022), djhtsx (09-15-2021), F23A4 (09-16-2021), hadokenuh (09-16-2021), Jim2301 (09-17-2021), Legend2TL (09-16-2021), MarcoTLX (09-16-2021), Midnight Mystery (11-30-2021), norsairius (10-13-2021), one4all (09-16-2021), Pens Fan (09-16-2021), SGPMan (09-15-2021), Tony Pac (09-17-2021), WTF.Acura (09-15-2021) and 11 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 09-15-2021, 07:42 PM
8th Gear

Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by caLiTLX

This.

Also, which part of the 626 are you from?? Practically lived there my whole life
Old 09-15-2021, 07:51 PM
Advanced

Yes, I agree.. I have never been on a car forum where people trash the car for not being what THEY wanted it to be. I had a 2004 G35 coupe and was a member of G35 Driver for years and then I joined a forum for Ford Focus ST cars and both of those forums were so much fun to check on a daily because they were all enthusiasts about the actual car and we helped each other out and share our experiences and mods with one another. I was hoping this board would give me the camaraderie I felt at the other 2 sites and I have been very disappointed. I see more posts about other car brands then actual Acura cars on this site. I'm hoping as more and more Type S owners receive their cars that this forum will change for the better.
The following users liked this post:
WTF.Acura (09-15-2021)
Old 09-15-2021, 07:59 PM
Family Hauler

Originally Posted by Sefuthun
This.

Also, which part of the 626 are you from?? Practically lived there my whole life
San Gabriel Valley - I reside in Hacienda Heights. You still live out here? If so, which area?
Old 09-15-2021, 09:42 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 498 Likes on 249 Posts
Originally Posted by SGPMan
Yes, I agree.. I have never been on a car forum where people trash the car for not being what THEY wanted it to be. I had a 2004 G35 coupe and was a member of G35 Driver for years and then I joined a forum for Ford Focus ST cars and both of those forums were so much fun to check on a daily because they were all enthusiasts about the actual car and we helped each other out and share our experiences and mods with one another. I was hoping this board would give me the camaraderie I felt at the other 2 sites and I have been very disappointed. I see more posts about other car brands then actual Acura cars on this site. I'm hoping as more and more Type S owners receive their cars that this forum will change for the better.
100% with you. I am member of my350z.com. I had 04 Enthusiast model for over 10 years. Built bottom, Greddy Twins putting down 525whp. That community was for the most part about how can we make our vehicles better. We knew we didnt have the fastest car but it was amazing how the community would share ideas on performance and appearance mods. I moved on from that forum a few years ago when I traded it for my E39 M5. I will at no point go into that forum and tell them how much better Genesis is or tell them how much better my German vehicle is. I see zero point in doing so. Honda and Acura have never been fastest or even fast. But what Honda enthusiasts have always done is take a competitively priced vehicle with great motors and made them faster.
The following 3 users liked this post by Nexx:
Midnight Mystery (11-30-2021), SGPMan (09-15-2021), WTF.Acura (09-16-2021)
Old 09-15-2021, 10:12 PM
Pro

Received 267 Likes on 145 Posts
You won’t be disappointed with the car… Out of all the cars in this segment, I had the most fun in the type s. The all round experience was better. Although I haven’t test drove the BWM because I think the m340i is hideous. As far as performance, sound, comfort and handling the type s excels at a daily driver. The C43 might be the second best IMO but I don’t think it was worth that price also it felt too small up front.
The following 3 users liked this post by djhtsx:
Midnight Mystery (11-30-2021), SGPMan (09-15-2021), WTF.Acura (09-16-2021)
Old 09-16-2021, 05:41 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,613 Likes on 2,193 Posts
I read this forum on a daily basis and there is just so much negativity about the Type S. I put down a deposit for a white on red Type S from Columbia Acura and I'm just wondering are there any OWNERS of the TLX Type S that regret their purchase?
Sorry you are seeing such negativity. Having test driven the Type S myself, I found it to be more than the sum of its parts. When is yours coming in?
The following 2 users liked this post by neuronbob:
SGPMan (09-16-2021), WTF.Acura (09-16-2021)
Old 09-16-2021, 11:08 AM
Instructor

Received 234 Likes on 99 Posts
Im 2100km in and have no regrets. Literally trying to think of something i would have done different but cant think of much of anything. I guess i might have some things you might want to consider more than regrets…

It took 2 months for my all season mats to come in and im still waiting on the trunk tray, so id suggest ordering them now/soon if they are an accessory youre interested in.

Dont pay adm, if your ordering a future car there is no reason to pay extra, and call your dealer and make that a stipulation of keeping your money down. there were people in the first round of orders that were told there was adm months after they put money down on the car. I didnt pay adm and i dont specifically know of anyone who has but there is a ton of talk about it, but most people have been able to find a dealer close enough to them who was not asking for adm.

carbon fibre interior trim is a nice accessory, its not ridiculously expensive and it makes the interior feel more special when there are really very few changes inside from the other models. it is glossy though and can cause a sun reflection every now and then.

Something i havent heard many people mention is that “normal” mode is useless i find. I drive 90% of the time in sport or sport + because normal mode throttle response is poor. If i want to relax its in comfort mode, which has the same throttle response as normal mode but everything else is just more relaxed.
Comfort=comfort
sport = normal
sport += sport

if you want the car more quiet on start up so you dont disturb the neighbours, switch the car to comfort before you shut it off. If you shut it off in any other setting it will start in normal with the flaps open and is fairly loud, switching to comfort before turning it off will have the exhaust valves closed on start up and it is only slightly louder then any other honda.

TLXinTX (09-18-2021)
Old 09-16-2021, 11:14 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,662 Likes on 927 Posts

Agreed. As I mentioned in another thread posting -- and in an attempt to reign in some of this conduct -- there is a very vocal minority who feel somewhat scorned by the brand and it's product line/positioning yet are unable to let it go. In many instances they have moved on to other brands yet are having trouble recognizing when the divorce (from the brand) just needs to be finalized.

While I think the product came up short in many areas, I've yet to come across any owner -- personally, on Acurazine or on Facebook -- with any inkling of regret for their Type S purchase. Closely tracking the number of Type S TLXs in dealer inventory around my area, it seems like they arent spending much time on the lot. As far as I can tell, it's a success for Acura.

Feel free to post your experiences ad nauseum as this is what this board is for.
The following 4 users liked this post by F23A4:
CheeseyPoofs McNut (09-16-2021), Legend2TL (01-17-2022), neuronbob (09-16-2021), WTF.Acura (09-16-2021)
Old 09-16-2021, 11:43 AM

Received 1,405 Likes on 636 Posts
Actually, other than a few minor nits (the puddle lights crap out if you get them wet) I have yet to see any substantial complaints by owners of any trim level of the 2G TLX. This is much much different than the 1G where there were myriad complaints with the 9 speed transmission!

Looking forward to your thoughts (and pics) when you get your Type S.
The following 2 users liked this post by CheeseyPoofs McNut:
norsairius (09-17-2021), SGPMan (09-16-2021)
Old 09-16-2021, 11:48 AM
4th Gear

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
zero regrets. I have about 1500 miles so far and very pleased. Was cross shopping with s5 sportback and wasn't sure if I was going to regret my purchase when it came in after reading a lot of negative reviews. So far it's been a great daily driver. Handling is great. I really like the seats and driving position. Around town it's very responsive. Could be a little faster merging on the highway. Overall it's a great car that you'll enjoy.
SGPMan (09-16-2021)
Old 09-16-2021, 11:51 AM
Pro

Received 537 Likes on 264 Posts
Not sure what other alternative you have in mind so test drive them back to back before you make a decision. No regrets here and other offerings would cost way more. Get the car that best suits your needs.
Old 09-16-2021, 01:57 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by neuronbob
Sorry you are seeing such negativity. Having test driven the Type S myself, I found it to be more than the sum of its parts. When is yours coming in?
I put down a deposit in late July, my dealer said he's not sure when it would be built because of the chip shortage. He said the earliest is sometime in late October but I'm starting to think I'd be lucky to drive it by Christmas.
Old 09-16-2021, 02:05 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by sombasol
Im 2100km in and have no regrets. Literally trying to think of something i would have done different but cant think of much of anything. I guess i might have some things you might want to consider more than regrets…

It took 2 months for my all season mats to come in and im still waiting on the trunk tray, so id suggest ordering them now/soon if they are an accessory youre interested in.

Dont pay adm, if your ordering a future car there is no reason to pay extra, and call your dealer and make that a stipulation of keeping your money down. there were people in the first round of orders that were told there was adm months after they put money down on the car. I didnt pay adm and i dont specifically know of anyone who has but there is a ton of talk about it, but most people have been able to find a dealer close enough to them who was not asking for adm.

carbon fibre interior trim is a nice accessory, its not ridiculously expensive and it makes the interior feel more special when there are really very few changes inside from the other models. it is glossy though and can cause a sun reflection every now and then.

Something i havent heard many people mention is that “normal” mode is useless i find. I drive 90% of the time in sport or sport + because normal mode throttle response is poor. If i want to relax its in comfort mode, which has the same throttle response as normal mode but everything else is just more relaxed.
Comfort=comfort
sport = normal
sport += sport

if you want the car more quiet on start up so you dont disturb the neighbours, switch the car to comfort before you shut it off. If you shut it off in any other setting it will start in normal with the flaps open and is fairly loud, switching to comfort before turning it off will have the exhaust valves closed on start up and it is only slightly louder then any other honda.
One of the members on here told me Columbia Acura in Ohio charges MSRP so that's who I put my deposit down with. I've actually ordered and received my Type S all season mats, trunk liner, carbon fiber interior and spoiler and the side spoiler. Everything is just sitting in my spare bedroom waiting for the car to arrive. Thanks for your input!
Old 09-16-2021, 03:22 PM
Instructor

Received 234 Likes on 99 Posts
One of the members on here told me Columbia Acura in Ohio charges MSRP so that's who I put my deposit down with. I've actually ordered and received my Type S all season mats, trunk liner, carbon fiber interior and spoiler and the side spoiler. Everything is just sitting in my spare bedroom waiting for the car to arrive. Thanks for your input!
The US supply chain must be better stocked then Canadas, we have “protection packages” as an option with floor mats trunk tray and rear splash guards that was originally ordered for my car but there was no solid due date for the package to be instock, so they ordered the parts seperately and i still had to wait another 3 weeks for the mats, and still no trunk tray. Apparently its supposed to be in next week fingers crossed. All of this stuff was ordered 2 weeks before the car was even released for sale and im still waiting.
Old 09-16-2021, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by sombasol
The US supply chain must be better stocked then Canadas, we have “protection packages” as an option with floor mats trunk tray and rear splash guards that was originally ordered for my car but there was no solid due date for the package to be instock, so they ordered the parts seperately and i still had to wait another 3 weeks for the mats, and still no trunk tray. Apparently its supposed to be in next week fingers crossed. All of this stuff was ordered 2 weeks before the car was even released for sale and im still waiting.
What type of floor mats are they? My dealer had all season floor mats in stock when I bought my A-Spec. They have the A-SPEC logo on them and look pretty nice as far as winter floor mats go.
Old 09-16-2021, 04:06 PM
Family Hauler

Similar to myself, I’m assuming other Type S owners also ordered the all weather floor mats with the Type S logo - it would only make sense to use the trim specific floor mats. My local dealer is back ordered as well, I ordered the Type S specific floor mats and trunk liner.
Old 09-16-2021, 05:02 PM
Drifting

Received 1,231 Likes on 890 Posts
Originally Posted by Matthew937
Could be a little faster merging on the highway. Overall it's a great car that you'll enjoy.
I expect this in my 2.0 TLX. To have trouble merging is not something I expect from the Type S.
The following 2 users liked this post by ELIN:
billxlisa (11-28-2021), robnalex (09-17-2021)
Old 09-16-2021, 05:26 PM
Pro

Received 544 Likes on 256 Posts
Originally Posted by ELIN
I expect this in my 2.0 TLX. To have trouble merging is not something I expect from the Type S.
Apparently 40% faster shifts for the 10spd doesn’t translate into instantaneous. Easy enough to time the shift delay in the Aspec. Cut that delay in half and I suspect it would take a little time to get used to.
Old 09-16-2021, 05:32 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by Matthew937
Around town it's very responsive. Could be a little faster merging on the highway. Overall it's a great car that you'll enjoy.
I had no trouble merging onto the highway. Then again, I was in Sport + and matting the throttle on my test drive . It gets out its own way in my hands
ELIN (09-16-2021)
Old 09-16-2021, 05:40 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 535 Likes on 273 Posts
Similar to myself, I’m assuming other Type S owners also ordered the all weather floor mats with the Type S logo - it would only make sense to use the trim specific floor mats. My local dealer is back ordered as well, I ordered the Type S specific floor mats and trunk liner.
I did.

Floor mats are in the car and trunk tray is waiting to be installed but I do love the Type S emblems. I was surprised the floor mat Type S emblem is all rubber while the floor mats are an actual badge though.
Old 09-16-2021, 07:33 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by KrylonBlue
I did.

Floor mats are in the car and trunk tray is waiting to be installed but I do love the Type S emblems. I was surprised the floor mat Type S emblem is all rubber while the floor mats are an actual badge though.
Do you mean the trunk liner is all rubber? If so, I feel the same way.. the trunk liner looks cheap, I thought they sent me the wrong one.
Old 09-16-2021, 07:40 PM
Pro

Received 267 Likes on 145 Posts
I had no trouble merging onto the highway. Then again, I was in Sport + and matting the throttle on my test drive . It gets out its own way in my hands
I did reach out to sprint booster and they do have a option for the type s. This was what he linked me. I really think this will help the dead space in the type s. https://www.sprintboosterusa.com/pro...ter-select-v3/

Old 09-16-2021, 08:32 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 535 Likes on 273 Posts
Do you mean the trunk liner is all rubber? If so, I feel the same way.. the trunk liner looks cheap, I thought they sent me the wrong one.
correct

my 2019 had a more premium liner to be honest. This is more like the one from my TSX.

I thought the type s logo would be more of a badge like the floor mats too. But it’s okay — it doesn’t need to be more than it is to be honest.
Old 09-16-2021, 09:25 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 382 Likes on 224 Posts
I also don't like the negativity and I may have ventured that way some as well when the bandwagon starts rolling. I would at this point like to hear from those that bought it and their opinions. Performance relative to other cars has more than run it's course at this point. Frankly, when I bought my 07 type S new I didn't compare it's "numbers" to any other cars. I drove it, loved it, brought it home and was happy enough with it to keep it for 10 years and regretted not having it when I traded it in. I hope most buyers of this version have the same feeling. I go on some other forums and the moderation here, at least until recently, has been extremely lax.
The following 4 users liked this post by jhb31:
KrylonBlue (09-16-2021), NBP04TL4ME (09-17-2021), neuronbob (09-16-2021), Nexx (09-16-2021)
Old 09-16-2021, 11:02 PM
Senior Moderator

I still love the 3G TL. In fact, here’s a secondary question: how many TL Type S owners purchased a TLX Type S? The old car was also more than the sum of its parts and was pretty awesome for a FWD car. Not ITR or CTR awesome, but awesome indeed.
StealthTL-S (11-30-2021)
Old 09-16-2021, 11:11 PM
Pro

Received 544 Likes on 256 Posts
I didn’t buy a TL Type S because I was already in possession of a 2006 Aspec. I’ve never driven a TL Type S, but I’d find it difficult to believe, outside of the Bremos, that it handled better than the Aspec upgrade. Loved that car. Stupidest thing I ever did automobile wise was to trade that car in at the 8 year mark simply because I wanted something new and shiny.

Last edited by Honda430; 09-16-2021 at 11:24 PM.
Old 09-16-2021, 11:40 PM
6G TLX-S

Received 1,142 Likes on 817 Posts
If you have a clear mind, you will have noticed that almost all negative comments come from those who DO NOT own a TLX Type-S and/or those who have zero intention of purchasing one, but not from any TLX Type-S owners. The only bad taste in the mouth for a few Type-S owners is probably the fact that they have to pay extra ADM in order to finalize their purchase.

If you like the Type-S and has an intention of buying it, you won't be disappointed.

In the very worse case of being the odd one out. If you really regret your purchase, you can always sell the car. Given the limited availability and chip shortage situation, it is likely that you may fetch a very good price for your used Type-S.

So it is a win-win situation.

The following 2 users liked this post by Edward'TLS:
norsairius (10-13-2021), WTF.Acura (09-17-2021)
Old 09-17-2021, 08:38 AM

The chip shortage is real and it's still a big problem:

Old 09-17-2021, 10:24 AM
Intermediate

Received 74 Likes on 15 Posts
Two months of ownership and LOVE the car. Like others have said, do your homework and if you choose to go through with your purchase, you wont be dissapointed.
The following 3 users liked this post by Furnace:
F23A4 (09-17-2021), MarcoTLX (09-17-2021), WTF.Acura (09-17-2021)
Old 09-17-2021, 10:37 AM
Pro

Received 537 Likes on 264 Posts
Originally Posted by Edward'TLS
If you have a clear mind, you will have noticed that almost all negative comments come from those who DO NOT own a TLX Type-S and/or those who have zero intention of purchasing one, but not from any TLX Type-S owners. The only bad taste in the mouth for a few Type-S owners is probably the fact that they have to pay extra ADM in order to finalize their purchase.

If you like the Type-S and has an intention of buying it, you won't be disappointed.

In the very worse case of being the odd one out. If you really regret your purchase, you can always sell the car. Given the limited availability and chip shortage situation, it is likely that you may fetch a very good price for your used Type-S.

So it is a win-win situation.
You don't need a clear mind. Lol. Majority of non stop bashing is coming from 3 maybe 4 members who don't own it....
The following 5 users liked this post by dmski:
djhtsx (09-17-2021), Edward'TLS (09-17-2021), Legend2TL (09-17-2021), SGPMan (09-17-2021), Tony Pac (10-23-2021)
Old 09-17-2021, 12:26 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 382 Likes on 224 Posts
I still love the 3G TL. In fact, here’s a secondary question: how many TL Type S owners purchased a TLX Type S? The old car was also more than the sum of its parts and was pretty awesome for a FWD car. Not ITR or CTR awesome, but awesome indeed.
I had every intention to buy one having kept my 3G Type S for just over 10 years from new just waiting for them to bring it back. If it had been out a year earlier I likely would have never had gone for a test drive in another brand car. Also had two TLX's after the type S but they were not nearly as fun to drive and even though rated higher in HP felt much slower. If they come out with a type S coupe in the integra in 3 or 4 years that may be something I would consider as long as it's fairly plush and has the same motor or better as the current type S only in a smaller/lighter car with 2 doors. I really liked the overall size of the 3rd gen but like all cars they get bigger every new model it seems.
Old 09-17-2021, 03:41 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 670 Likes on 416 Posts
Just be honest with what you want from the car. A lot of negativity from here is rooted from over a year of undue praise for Acura/Honda and people claiming this was going to turn the segment upside down. In that aspect, Acura comprehensively failed. If you deny it, you're delusional. It brought a well-performing, nice-to-drive vehicle that is priced for what it is ... less car for less money. You get more features standard, but that's where its advantages end. Is that what you're looking for in your next car?

And if you think this place is bad, check out a lot of YouTube ... plenty of people ragging on the car, and in way larger numbers and far more offensive things being said about it.

I don't think anyone is chastising anyone for actually purchasing a Type-S (unless you're dumb enough to pay over sticker). Just be honest with yourself with what it is. No ... milfs on your block aren't swooning over your car while you drive fast down residential blocks. No ... if you have a stable of $200k cars and had an alleged past of Corvettes, Porsches and an NSX, this is probably not going to be a car worth your while. If having a Sonata N-Line/K5 GT prevent you from passing on the highway is going to make you regret your car purchase though, I'd think very hard before dropping $55k. For me, there's simply no way I'd be ok with that ... I'll wait to see what aftermarket support there may be for this car. Even then, with my less than great experience with my 3G RDX, I won't consider paying sticker for the TLX Type-S, even if it can be opened up to be competitive with the performance of its German rivals.
The following 5 users liked this post by leomio2.0:
BEAR-AvHistory (09-18-2021), ESHBG (09-18-2021), Kense (09-17-2021), pyrodan007 (09-18-2021), Tesla1856 (09-17-2021)
Old 09-17-2021, 04:12 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,662 Likes on 927 Posts
Based on the commentary of owners here and on FB, they largely know what they have and maintain a proper perspective on the model. As such, I’m not as compelled as others in trying to read into their reasoning for ownership.
The following 4 users liked this post by F23A4:
a35tl (09-17-2021), MarcoTLX (09-17-2021), neuronbob (09-17-2021), WTF.Acura (09-18-2021)
Old 09-17-2021, 06:24 PM
Cruisin'

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Absolutely loving my Type S with absolutely zero regrets!

The car looks, smells, feels amazing to drive daily and super fun in the twisties when I get the chance.

For perspective in the past I've owned a 2001 Honda Prelude SE, 2005 Honda Accord V6 6 speed, 2008 BMW 335xi 6 speed and the TLX S is much much better than all of them (obviously much newer as well)

The only other car I briefly considered was a m340i, but with the options I wanted it was around 13K more plus the TLX-S had ventilated seats and looked better imo.

I got mine for a msrp of $59,500.00 and $65,509.50cdn all in with taxes, and in Canada the car comes with a few extra options that the US versions don't get for whatever reason.

I think with the cdn/usa dollar exchange around 1.25 when I bought the car at the beginning of August this year, I ended up paying around 6K less than what my brothers from the USA pay so I feel I got a great deal.

The only ADM I paid was $399 which I found acceptable. If it was 5-10K ADM I would have passed on the car.

Last edited by harpazo; 09-17-2021 at 06:28 PM.
The following 5 users liked this post by harpazo:
a35tl (09-17-2021), Matthew937 (09-17-2021), Nexx (09-17-2021), SGPMan (09-17-2021), WTF.Acura (09-18-2021)
Old 09-17-2021, 07:07 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by leomio2.0
Just be honest with what you want from the car. A lot of negativity from here is rooted from over a year of undue praise for Acura/Honda and people claiming this was going to turn the segment upside down. In that aspect, Acura comprehensively failed. If you deny it, you're delusional. It brought a well-performing, nice-to-drive vehicle that is priced for what it is ... less car for less money. You get more features standard, but that's where its advantages end. Is that what you're looking for in your next car?

And if you think this place is bad, check out a lot of YouTube ... plenty of people ragging on the car, and in way larger numbers and far more offensive things being said about it.

I don't think anyone is chastising anyone for actually purchasing a Type-S (unless you're dumb enough to pay over sticker). Just be honest with yourself with what it is. No ... milfs on your block aren't swooning over your car while you drive fast down residential blocks. No ... if you have a stable of $200k cars and had an alleged past of Corvettes, Porsches and an NSX, this is probably not going to be a car worth your while. If having a Sonata N-Line/K5 GT prevent you from passing on the highway is going to make you regret your car purchase though, I'd think very hard before dropping $55k. For me, there's simply no way I'd be ok with that ... I'll wait to see what aftermarket support there may be for this car. Even then, with my less than great experience with my 3G RDX, I won't consider paying sticker for the TLX Type-S, even if it can be opened up to be competitive with the performance of its German rivals.
This is exactly what I'm talking about.. someone who doesn't own the car but feels he needs to give his opinion about the car.. It's like me talking crap about his family without even meeting them.. So what's the point? Seriously.
The following 6 users liked this post by SGPMan:
Jim2301 (09-18-2021), Legend2TL (09-18-2021), MarcoTLX (09-18-2021), Matthew937 (09-17-2021), Tony Pac (10-23-2021), WTF.Acura (09-18-2021) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 09-17-2021, 08:34 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 376 Likes on 255 Posts
Cool

This is exactly what I'm talking about.. someone who doesn't own the car but feels he needs to give his opinion about the car.. It's like me talking crap about his family without even meeting them.. So what's the point? Seriously.
Well, don't assume all of us don't "know the car" just because we don't currently own one.

Remember that some of us looked very-carefully at this car because we were considering buying one . Made lists of Pros-Cons with other similar cars. Not only took test-drives, but also wrote-up reviews here (to help others). Some (like myself) even had a deposit down on one at one time.

Personally, I appreciate opinions from other car enthusiast that might know more than myself about a particular car. I have an account at a Honda forum, this Acura one, and an Audi one. Isn't 3 car-forums enough ?

These 2 Acura sedans are fine. They are handsome, but just turned-out to not be right for me after-all.

Last edited by Tesla1856; 09-17-2021 at 08:37 PM. Reason: typo
The following 6 users liked this post by Tesla1856:
BEAR-AvHistory (09-18-2021), dj5 (09-17-2021), ESHBG (09-18-2021), leomio2.0 (09-18-2021), MarcoTLX (09-18-2021), pyrodan007 (09-18-2021) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 09-17-2021, 09:46 PM
Senior Moderator

Let's get back on topic. Any regrets from current owners? Sounds like "no", so far. Keep the owner comments coming in this thread.
The following 3 users liked this post by neuronbob:
Legend2TL (09-18-2021), MarcoTLX (09-18-2021), WTF.Acura (09-18-2021)

Quick Reply: Any regrets from TLX Type S owners?