Any regrets from TLX Type S owners?

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2021, 07:32 AM
AZ Community Team

Received 4,186 Likes on 2,600 Posts
Originally Posted by billxlisa
No regrets from me. It is exactly what I wanted - a comfortable sport / tourer with some beans when I need them. Is it the fastest car in the world? Of course not. But I think if you feel this car is underpowered you are borderline mentally ill. It has great low end torque characteristics which greatly appeals to me, since I drive around in comfort mode most of the time (my wife keeps it in Sport!). I’m 62 years old, I am not going to explore the limits of performance of any car, I just like knowing it is there. It is one of the most honest cars I have ever driven with fine brake linearity and “reads my mind” handling and the transmission - that is the finest, quickest shifting torque converter auto transmission I have ever experienced. So I always wonder about the “oh, but the BMW M whatever is 1 second quicker to 60”. What are you planning to do, street race? Not to be holier than thou, but please don’t do that. There is always going to be something quicker no matter what you have and you could hurt some innocent person.

So no regrets here!

If you haven't already seen AoA review of the Type-S it's pretty through and fairly subjective and objective. Overall he likes the Type-S
https://acurazine.com/forums/second-.../#post16775291
The following 3 users liked this post by Legend2TL:
MarcoTLX (11-28-2021), norsairius (11-29-2021), WTF.Acura (11-29-2021)
Old 11-28-2021, 10:38 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 672 Likes on 417 Posts
Originally Posted by BEAR-AvHistory
Funny thought you were virtue signaling there. No most of us are not looking to street race. What you are looking at is a different demographic that like to participate in motor sports that most non car people are not even aware of.

It not just BMW M cars its Porsche, Corvette, Ferrari, Lamborghini, 1/2 & full milers etc. People are not aware that the exotic manufactures also build club series cars for their customers that want to compete at a non pro level. Corvette will be offering a turn key version of their factory C8.R race cars for the first time with the new Z06 around 2023. About $500,000 a copy. Even Factory Five Racing that developed the Cobra I built offer a series race car version of it.

There are very strong national clubs with regional affiliates of all the major performance car manufactures that put on events for the members from national race series to HPDS. My club BMWCCA runs a number of events at Virginia International Raceway. Two charity lap events a year open & close the VIR season for non competitors. Also generally 2 or so HPDS that sellout at 250 drivers, a number of SCCA track, Solo & AutoX events along with the normal track days. Acura tends to show its cars on a track with pro test drivers & GCI tire smoke, the rest of the major sports sedan manufactures support their customers with race parts for the cars their customers drive on the track.

As I said people are not aware of what is available if you want to be involved in motor sports other than Drag Racing & NASCAR at a club level. Great starter place is the Miata Club Series about the largest race series in the country due to cost.
It's not even worth arguing at this point. It's a very good all-around car, but it's not anything I'll personally park in my driveway for the package you get at the cost, notwithstanding my distaste for the Acura brand. When people say ironic statement's like, "I think if you feel this car is underpowered you are borderline mentally ill," there's not even a point of arguing. A 355HP 4,200lb vehicle. so long as it's made by Honda/Acura, is all it takes apparently.
The following users liked this post:
jwtarbaj (11-29-2021)
Old 11-28-2021, 12:23 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 2,599 Likes on 1,581 Posts
Originally Posted by KrylonBlue
I haven’t really tried Comfort mode yet but I do tend to stay in Normal most days. If I’m on an open highway I’ll switch to Sport/Sport+ and have a little bit of fun.

I am really enjoying this car for everything that it is. I went on hoping for a car that performed better than my 2019 ASPEC and I wasn’t disappointed. I was quite happy with the 2019 to be honest but with my lease up in March 2022 it made sense to end it early and get the Type S. Especially considering that with the car market the way it is I made $5000 on a trade in for that car.
Just a thought. First terminology can be different, my comfort is the normal default setting for them. There is also an economy below that which I have never used after a test. Don't know if you are interested in keeping engine revs down & mileage up on the interstates. Think the TLX 10 speed transmission is programed like my GM 10 speed in the SUV or 8 speed in the German cars.

Daily driving I use sport or sport plus for quicker response at low speeds. On the interstate, most of ours are limited at 70 so traffic is typically +10 or 80mph, I run comfort engine/transmission with sport suspension, or Adaptable which uses GPS & current driving style to continuously set the car up.

Basic reason for using non sport type settings on the interstate is they generally lock out some or all of the overdrive gears. This cause the engine to rev higher at speed & burn more fuel. For a quick pass while on cruise control holding the downshift paddle will give the lowest gear possible that will accelerates you quickly. Car will automatically revert to the previous mode once the pass is complete.
Old 11-28-2021, 01:33 PM
Advanced

Received 65 Likes on 38 Posts
No regrets.
MarcoTLX (11-28-2021)
Old 11-28-2021, 01:51 PM
Air Vice Marshal

Received 300 Likes on 155 Posts
Originally Posted by leomio2.0
I've done about a dozen trips down the East Coast to various locales which took me down I-95 ... every single damn time I hit a brick wall of incompetent AF drivers in VA. I've spoken to others and everyone says the same thing ... VA drivers are damn near brain-dead. One excuse I've heard is that VA State Troopers are ruthless and would write tickets to their grandma's, but that doesn't explain the non-existent amount of lane discipline/courtesy.
As one who spends entirely too much time on I-95 and I-81 I can assure you it's not Virginia drivers, although you may well be on Virginia portions of those interstates. A very high percentage of their traffic is north-south through traffic. In my experience the offending vehicles are most likely to have New York plates, with New Jersey and Georgia distant second and third. The best behaved about moving over seem to be Pennsylvanians. On I495's Virginia portion, the cars impeding traffic in the far left lane are almost inevitably from Maryland, where left lane camping is legal and the Maryland drivers gleefully write letters to the editor about the virtues of enforcing the speed limit.
IMHO, they are the reason we aren't allowed to have rocket launchers mounted on our vehicles.

The following 2 users liked this post by mike03a3:
F23A4 (11-28-2021), MarcoTLX (11-28-2021)
Old 11-28-2021, 06:04 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,666 Likes on 930 Posts
I've done about a dozen trips down the East Coast to various locales which took me down I-95 ... every single damn time I hit a brick wall of incompetent AF drivers in VA. I've spoken to others and everyone says the same thing ... VA drivers are damn near brain-dead. One excuse I've heard is that VA State Troopers are ruthless and would write tickets to their grandma's, but that doesn't explain the non-existent amount of lane discipline/courtesy.
Challenge! While I agree that Virginia plated drivers are fairly awful (having traveled many times between Jersey and Orlando via I95/I4), New York drivers are far worst, operating at low speeds in the left lane regularly and void of any lane discipline. If highway are arteries, these guys represent arterial plaque. Even my pastor brought it up during a sermon when discussing the challenges of patience. (BTW, a number of my fellow Jersey plated drivers do likewise. But the caveat is that many of them are NYC transplants.)
leomio2.0 (11-28-2021)
Old 11-28-2021, 06:09 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by mike03a3
As one who spends entirely too much time on I-95 and I-81 I can assure you it's not Virginia drivers, although you may well be on Virginia portions of those interstates. A very high percentage of their traffic is north-south through traffic. In my experience the offending vehicles are most likely to have New York plates, with New Jersey and Georgia distant second and third. The best behaved about moving over seem to be Pennsylvanians. On I495's Virginia portion, the cars impeding traffic in the far left lane are almost inevitably from Maryland, where left lane camping is legal and the Maryland drivers gleefully write letters to the editor about the virtues of enforcing the speed limit.
IMHO, they are the reason we aren't allowed to have rocket launchers mounted on our vehicles.
As a Jersey driver, I can confirm that those you've experienced are likely NYC transplants to Jersey....not a native of Jersey.

On my road trip back from Arizona/Utah earlier this year, I loved the electronic signs posted by Missouri DOT which stated: 'Camp in the Ozarks, not in the left lane!' #WINNER

Old 11-28-2021, 06:13 PM
Be the Best Be Great

Received 101 Likes on 82 Posts
https://www.fltlaw.com/worst-drivers...state-ranking/
Old 11-28-2021, 06:38 PM
Cruisin'

Received 33 Likes on 8 Posts
That is a good, fair review. It highlights strengths and weaknesses that correspond to my own experience, I am going to subscribe to his channel.
Old 11-28-2021, 07:30 PM
Senior Moderator

Anectdotally speaking, drove from Jersey to Wyoming and back last year, did the Jersey to Cape Coral Florida round tripper early this year (stayed Fla for a few months--came back through ATL) and drove to Utah/Arizona and back during the Summer. The Jersey driving experience is still by far the worst due largely to poor driving practices. Honorable mention to NY, Delaware, Maryland and Virginia is that department as well.
Old 11-28-2021, 11:09 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by F23A4
Challenge! While I agree that Virginia plated drivers are fairly awful (having traveled many times between Jersey and Orlando via I95/I4), New York drivers are far worst, operating at low speeds in the left lane regularly and void of any lane discipline. If highway are arteries, these guys represent arterial plaque. Even my pastor brought it up during a sermon when discussing the challenges of patience. (BTW, a number of my fellow Jersey plated drivers do likewise. But the caveat is that many of them are NYC transplants.)
LOL. Agreed that NY has some god-awful drivers ... but they generally hail from the NYC metro area. When commuting upstate to college, I was astounded at how much better drivers got once I reached areas north of Westchester. Living on Long Island, "lane discipline" is a foreign language.

Even still, I still say they pale in comparison to the atrocity of VA drivers who simply drive like zombies ... completely oblivious to anything else going on around them, licking their windshields as they drive 55MPH in the left, center and right lanes in tandem, even with no traffic in front of them. I've run into this phenomenon every single time unless passing thru that godforsaken state at wee hours of the morning. Interestingly enough, when I'm driving near NYC, I fuggen hate Jersey plated drivers ... complete cunts on the road. When I cross over into NJ, I find the people with NY plates to be the exact type I can't stand, while the NJ folk are mostly all well mannered. It's quite strange. Literally every time it happens though.
F23A4 (11-29-2021)
Old 11-29-2021, 12:22 AM
Advanced

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Old 11-29-2021, 04:04 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by F23A4
As a Jersey driver, I can confirm that those you've experienced are likely NYC transplants to Jersey....not a native of Jersey.

On my road trip back from Arizona/Utah earlier this year, I loved the electronic signs posted by Missouri DOT which stated: 'Camp in the Ozarks, not in the left lane!' #WINNER
As someone who used to flog the daily Jersey Shore to Wall ST commute & back will support NYC transplant drivers in NJ are a big problem. Left lane slow drivers camping out. Back home they never got over 25MPH & had long rest breaks every few traffic lights o matter what lane they were in.

No prior training for the NJTP/GSP Circus Maximus. Now days on the NJTP/95 the NYC slow left lane plague spills over for me going home from the relatives' all the way to the 95-85 exit ramp in Petersburg VA .

Snowbird migration season is the worst.
F23A4 (11-29-2021)
Old 11-29-2021, 06:03 AM
Advanced

I-95

I'm retired now I don't miss I-495, I-95, I-695. While I agree with everyone's objection to "Left Lane Hogs," I find "Right Lane Speedsters" equally irritating. If the speed limit is 55mph, I think it's OK if I travel 65mph in the right lane. I should not be forced to go 85mph because the right lane is more open to travel.
Acure4RDX (11-29-2021)
Old 11-29-2021, 06:25 AM
Be the Best Be Great

Originally Posted by Justy48
I'm retired now I don't miss I-495, I-95, I-695. While I agree with everyone's objection to "Left Lane Hogs," I find "Right Lane Speedsters" equally irritating. If the speed limit is 55mph, I think it's OK if I travel 65mph in the right lane. I should not be forced to go 85mph because the right lane is more open to travel.
One good point: I believe that technology will eventually resolve some of these problems. I can imagine each car will have a video pickup capturing the 85mph driver you describe, record the actual speed and time and have a report signaled in real time to the nearest enforcement official.
Old 11-29-2021, 06:39 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Acure4RDX
One good point: I believe that technology will eventually resolve some of these problems. I can imagine each car will have a video pickup capturing the 85mph driver you describe, record the actual speed and time and have a report signaled in real time to the nearest enforcement official.
Just what we need more surveillance of the population & automatic reporting your neighbors to the authorities. Had the Germans won WWII or the Soviets the cold war I am sure that the dream system would already be installed in every vehicle having replaced red light & speed cameras. The evil doers turned in by their neighbors would be sent for reeducation.

Be interesting if your car reports you at 65 in a 55 while its reporting someone else at 85, Your Papers Bitte.

Last edited by BEAR-AvHistory; 11-29-2021 at 06:46 AM.
Old 11-29-2021, 07:32 AM
Be the Best Be Great

Just what we need more surveillance of the population & automatic reporting your neighbors to the authorities. Had the Germans won WWII or the Soviets the cold war I am sure that the dream system would already be installed in every vehicle having replaced red light & speed cameras. The evil doers turned in by their neighbors would be sent for reeducation.

Be interesting if your car reports you at 65 in a 55 while its reporting someone else at 85, Your Papers Bitte.
First Of all, I respect your opinion.

Fortunately, however, the “Germans” lost WWII and the USA the “Cold War”. It is not “reporting neighbors to authorities” but rather reporting nefarious ‘neighbors’ to authorities. We are a nation of laws much of which PROTECTS the individual. I have been on both sides of the law with respect to vehicle violations and I find that court proceedings to be fair and reasonable.

Regarding “evil doers and reeducation”: The state of Michigan has a program called the Basic Driver Improvement Course (BDIC) whereby if one gets ticketed with a violation, he/she is allowed, but is not required, to take the course. If the course taker achieves, I believe, a 70 score or higher, the state will not report any ‘violation points’ to the auto insurer and therefore the insurer cannot use those points to increase the insurance rate. “Reeducation”, for sure, but fair.

Insofar as “red lights”: Maybe a solution would be to have just a yellow light for all directions at all or some intersections. Every one, then, would be free to stop and or go at will.

Last edited by Acure4RDX; 11-29-2021 at 07:37 AM.
wyliec2 (02-26-2022)
Old 11-29-2021, 07:56 AM

Received 1,405 Likes on 636 Posts
Let's veer back on topic here - thanks!
The following 5 users liked this post by CheeseyPoofs McNut:
Acure4RDX (11-29-2021), bilirubin (11-29-2021), F23A4 (11-29-2021), Legend2TL (11-29-2021), MarcoTLX (11-29-2021)
Old 11-29-2021, 10:34 AM
Suzuka Master

Cheesey Poofs wants us to veer back into the lane so will veer back with one comment on laws ect. Its OK for you to break the law doing 65 in a 55 zone & get away with it but someone else doing 85 in a 55 zone should be tagged.
Old 11-29-2021, 10:49 AM
Safety Car

Received 3,429 Likes on 1,879 Posts
Might be interesting to revisit this thread in a year or two once the Integra Type S comes out. Unless Acura gimps that car to protect the TLX Type S, it may very well be more practical and faster than its bigger brother (and with a 6MT, more fun and thus more of a "driver's car" than the TLX Type S purports to be).
Old 11-29-2021, 12:08 PM
Air Vice Marshal

Originally Posted by Acure4RDX
In the past, when you a time stamped ticket on the NJ turnpike they would compare the entry and exit times and issue you a ticket on the spot.

The EU and UK are mandating that all new cars, currently 2024 ones, will have to have intelligent speed control that uses GPS and sign readers to automatically limit the cars to the posted speed limit. Drivers will be able to briefly exceed it for safety reasons, but there will be alerts, both audio and visual.

https://etsc.eu/intelligent-speed-as...lly-published/
Acure4RDX (11-29-2021)
Old 11-29-2021, 12:13 PM
Air Vice Marshal

The EU and UK are already mandating new vehicles automatically limit you to the speed limit starting in 2024.
Acure4RDX (11-29-2021)
Old 11-29-2021, 01:19 PM
Advanced

Sorry for the off-topic comment.

Last edited by Justy48; 11-29-2021 at 01:23 PM.
Old 11-29-2021, 01:29 PM
Senior Moderator

The EU and UK are already mandating new vehicles automatically limit you to the speed limit starting in 2024.
That wont happen in the states.....largely because it would negatively impact profits derived from speeding fines and surcharges for municipalities and insurance carriers, respectively. (same reason why fully automated highway also wont happen during my lifetime)

Anywhooo....trolling the Type S owners page on FB, I'd say there's a 0% regret rate there. NOTE: those looking to join that page in order to berate those owners for their enthusiasm are going to have a short lived presence there; the admins wont be as 'lenient' as we are here.

Last edited by F23A4; 11-29-2021 at 01:32 PM.
BEAR-AvHistory (11-29-2021)
Old 11-29-2021, 07:02 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by fiatlux
Might be interesting to revisit this thread in a year or two once the Integra Type S comes out. Unless Acura gimps that car to protect the TLX Type S, it may very well be more practical and faster than its bigger brother (and with a 6MT, more fun and thus more of a "driver's car" than the TLX Type S purports to be).
I would be shocked if Acura let the Integra Type-S be faster than the TLX Type-S. I don't think it will be much slower, maybe a tenth or two, but I think they will purposefully and strategically plot its performance to be just a tad slower than the TLX.

But, seeing as the Integra is FWD, maybe it will be slower from 0-60 and the quarter, but actually be just as fast or faster from a roll. But, for that to be true, it would need the CTR engine, which is something I believe there's a less than 0% chance of happening.
Old 11-29-2021, 07:13 PM
Pro

Received 542 Likes on 265 Posts
I would be shocked if Acura let the Integra Type-S be faster than the TLX Type-S. I don't think it will be much slower, maybe a tenth or two, but I think they will purposefully and strategically plot its performance to be just a tad slower than the TLX.

But, seeing as the Integra is FWD, maybe it will be slower from 0-60 and the quarter, but actually be just as fast or faster from a roll. But, for that to be true, it would need the CTR engine, which is something I believe there's a less than 0% chance of happening.
Isn't the Type R already slower than the Type S. Even if they put Type R engine in the Integra the extra weight will make it even slower. I just don't see it how it will be faster.
Old 11-29-2021, 07:32 PM
Safety Car

Received 3,429 Likes on 1,879 Posts
Originally Posted by dmski
Isn't the Type R already slower than the Type S. Even if they put Type R engine in the Integra the extra weight will make it even slower. I just don't see it how it will be faster.
Per C&D, the CTR is faster in the 1/4 mile by 0.2s and traps 5mph higher.
BEAR-AvHistory (11-29-2021)
Old 11-29-2021, 10:45 PM
Family Hauler

Received 161 Likes on 76 Posts
1/4 mile times for the Type S are all over the place. for what it’s worth, I got 13.36 @ 103 MPH using a Dragy device.
bilirubin (11-30-2021)
Old 11-29-2021, 10:48 PM
Suzuka Master

Was reading December 2021 C&D. Closed it up & saw the outside back cover. Acura bought it to deliver a message that the it ain't all about speed members should read.

"We've reintroduced the world to the Type-S performance. In case you forgot, the S stands for speed, and the TLX Type S has been sculptured for just that. Super Handling All Wheel Drive and a 3.0L Turbo V6 that pumps out a potent 355HP through the exclusive quad exhaust outlets puts it in a new league of power and performance. A sport tuned adaptive damper system and high performance chassis bracing mean all that power can be driven with radical precision.
T
L
X
Type-S
Type-S
Type-S"

Seriously & people who bought into this and think speeding at 65 is OK but at 85 the cops should grab you after your nice neighbors car that was itself speeding at 65 turned you in for doing 85? Spy cars & hard wired limits are a good thing?

We should adopt the Euro model of population control? I remember one night in Vienna was out with the wife & we were walking back to the hotel. A bit late zero traffic on the street & a bunch of people standing on the corner, looking across the street. We walked around them & crossed the street to a few dirty looks. Wife asked what's wrong? I told her they would stand there as long as it took for the don't walk sign to go out. She said but there are no cars around. I said they obey the laws without question. Don't walk means don't walk.

Don't think I am ready for that kind of mindset taking over here but you never know. Guys want to buy what Jon says are hot cars to be in perfect compliance with all traffic regulations that will never let you use the car as advertised. Guess if you are special & can speed while no one else can speed a bit faster its all OK.

Last edited by BEAR-AvHistory; 11-29-2021 at 11:00 PM.
Old 11-29-2021, 10:51 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by caLiTLX
1/4 mile times for the Type S are all over the place. for what it’s worth, I got 13.36 @ 103 MPH using a Dragy device.
Thats inline with Car & Drivers numbers 1/4-Mile: 13.6 sec @ 103 mph. BTW you have been turned in by someones car which ratted you out. Speeding ticket to arrive in the mail.
Old 11-29-2021, 10:55 PM
Family Hauler

Received 161 Likes on 76 Posts
Thats inline with Car & Drivers numbers 1/4-Mile: 13.6 sec @ 103 mph. BTW you have been turned in by someones car which ratted you out. Speeding ticket to arrive in the mail.
I should of mentioned, my shenanigans took place in the streets of Mexico
The following 6 users liked this post by caLiTLX:
04WDPSeDaN (11-30-2021), BEAR-AvHistory (11-29-2021), MarcoTLX (11-29-2021), pyrodan007 (12-01-2021), vhtran (12-01-2021), WTF.Acura (12-03-2021) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 11-29-2021, 11:03 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by caLiTLX
I should of mentioned, my shenanigans took place in the streets of Mexico
Did you pay the Cartel Tax for unlimited road usage? I usually buy a season ticket.
vhtran (12-01-2021)
Old 11-29-2021, 11:32 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by fiatlux
Per C&D, the CTR is faster in the 1/4 mile by 0.2s and traps 5mph higher.
Plus these engines always have a little more to give. Warranty considerations cause the manufactures to always have a reasonable safety margin when they develop the output for an engine. The various tuners work these margins to increase performance. The stock 3.0L I6TT S58 @ 503BHP is already running 700+ with stock turbos, light bolt-ons & an E85 fuel mix
Old 11-30-2021, 06:03 AM
Advanced

Clarification

Clarification: I said "right lane speedsters" irritate me; I said nothing about reporting them
BEAR-AvHistory (11-30-2021)
Old 11-30-2021, 11:13 AM
Suzuka Master

In the past, when you a time stamped ticket on the NJ turnpike they would compare the entry and exit times and issue you a ticket on the spot.

The EU and UK are mandating that all new cars, currently 2024 ones, will have to have intelligent speed control that uses GPS and sign readers to automatically limit the cars to the posted speed limit. Drivers will be able to briefly exceed it for safety reasons, but there will be alerts, both audio and visual.

https://etsc.eu/intelligent-speed-as...lly-published/
One of the cruise control settings I believe locks onto the speed limit signs & matches the cars speed. Going out shortly & will confirm.
Old 11-30-2021, 12:17 PM
Stay Out Of the Left Lane

Received 1,237 Likes on 1,024 Posts
Not that I want to continue to this thread but I also wanted to add to the post above relative to new "features" coming to new automobiles in the not too distant future.

New technology mandate in infrastructure bill could significantly cut drunken driving deaths

Congress ordered safety regulators to require that new cars have systems to detect if someone has been drinking

https://www.washingtonpost.com/trans...nfrastructure/
Old 11-30-2021, 10:38 PM
Suzuka Master

Notice they want "passive" systems that will "smell" the alcohol. Might wipe out the aftershave, perfume industries & in-car smell killer industries. Be interesting to see how it plays out. Was a time by law you could not start your car if you did not have the belt fastened first. Manufactures developed interlocks that killed the start till the belts were plugged in. That lasted about a year or two before the voter revolt killed it. Then there were the seatbelts that self deployed, long gone.
The following 2 users liked this post by BEAR-AvHistory:
MarcoTLX (12-01-2021), vhtran (12-01-2021)
Old 11-30-2021, 11:24 PM
9th Gear

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by SGPMan
I read this forum on a daily basis and there is just so much negativity about the Type S. I put down a deposit for a white on red Type S from Columbia Acura and I'm just wondering are there any OWNERS of the TLX Type S that regret their purchase?
TLX Type S Owner here, white exterior/red interior. Was looking for a sporty luxury sedan and ultimately went with long term reliability over its competition (i’m not much of a leaser and have had nightmare past experiences with Mercedes and maintenance cost). Driven about 700 miles now, and I am completely satisfied with my purchase.

Yes, its not the fastest in a straight line against its competitors. But are you looking to take this to the runs fast and furious style? I don’t think this was ever meant for that, considering its weight. It has all the luxury options that I like already included, is a good daily driver, excellent handling, killer sound system, in my opinion looks so much cleaner than its competition, and is fast enough for me.

I already souped it up with OEM underbody side and rear spoilers, black emblems (just TLX and SH-AWD), ceramic coating and tint. Got the all weather mats and trunk tray as well.

Absolutely love it and the feeling I get when folks are starin as I roll up in the gas station

The following 13 users liked this post by Kay_TypeS:
a35tl (11-30-2021), BadMoonRyzen (10-15-2022), Colorado Guy AF Ret. (12-02-2021), harpazo (12-02-2021), Justy48 (12-01-2021), KrylonBlue (12-01-2021), Legend2TL (12-01-2021), MarcoTLX (12-01-2021), one4all (12-01-2021), Pens Fan (12-01-2021), Tesla1856 (12-01-2021), TLXinTX (12-01-2021), WTF.Acura (12-03-2021) and 8 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 12-01-2021, 06:12 AM
Senior Moderator

Notice they want "passive" systems that will "smell" the alcohol. Might wipe out the aftershave, perfume industries & in-car smell killer industries. Be interesting to see how it plays out. Was a time by law you could not start your car if you did not have the belt fastened first. Manufactures developed interlocks that killed the start till the belts were plugged in. That lasted about a year or two before the voter revolt killed it. Then there were the seatbelts that self deployed, long gone.
Yep, former owner of an 89 Ford Escort, 89 Dodge Colt GT and 89 Eagle Summit with those awful seatbelt systems. Fortunately, they didnt last much longer than the late 80s.
BEAR-AvHistory (12-01-2021)
Old 12-01-2021, 09:04 AM
AZ Community Team

Received 4,186 Likes on 2,600 Posts
Originally Posted by CheeseyPoofs McNut
Let's veer back on topic here - thanks!
+1

Quick Reply: Any regrets from TLX Type S owners?