Acura TLX Type S Reviews/Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2021, 03:18 PM
Pro

Received 544 Likes on 256 Posts
Originally Posted by 04WDPSeDaN
You really think for a moment since being here 2007 that I only know you and Tony's name?

My name is Gus. You could have found that out if you followed my build thread since many know me personally.

I'm not playing silly. I call people by their actual names even in my build thread. So don't get it twisted.
Gus, then to be consistent and respectful to Tony and I perhaps you should use first names here on the site when referring to all posters who’s first name you are aware of. Or, you could simply use the handles under which Tony and I registered here with this site.
The following 2 users liked this post by Honda430:
04WDPSeDaN (07-22-2021), Tony Pac (07-22-2021)
Old 07-22-2021, 03:26 PM
iWhine S/C 6MT TL

Received 2,563 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Originally Posted by Honda430
Gus, then to be consistent and respectful to Tony and I perhaps you should use first names here on the site when referring to all posters who’s first name you are aware of. Or, you could simply use the handles under which Tony and I registered here with this site.
Out of respect I will address you by your username. My apologies. I wasn't trying to insult you, honestly mean it. I address many here by their names. It's just how I am.
Old 07-22-2021, 03:26 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 2,599 Likes on 1,581 Posts
Originally Posted by whiteGSR
Not saying if the 4.58 was "valid" or not, but you can clearly see the 4.58 time on the video starting @ 4:19. Well, at least I can when I set the resolution to 4K
Hey you can solve the whole thing send in a screen shot of the Acura going down hill for a 4.58 time. Get a steeper hill & maybe it will break into the 3's
Old 07-22-2021, 03:29 PM
Pro

Out of respect I will address you by your username. My apologies. I wasn't trying to insult you, honestly mean it. I address many here by their names. It's just how I am.
Thank you
Old 07-22-2021, 03:38 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Legend2TL
Not an excuse, just stating deep down you nor I know what mode it was in. Pretty simple.
All the money put into the event by Acura & they make a mysterious error, totally advantageous to Acura, of forgetting to put the car they selected to be the sacrifice into the proper gear twice?

just stating deep down you nor I know what mode it was in. Pretty simple
And deep down you don't know that they did not do it on purpose. The one thing you do know is the S4 will kill the Type-S. This just does not pass the smell test knowing how much the S4 outclasses the Type-S in acceleration. Why bring it, if not to get a hit on the weakest accelerating car of the three German's they advertise against.

So I will go with "If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck & smells bad its a smelly duck"

Last edited by BEAR-AvHistory; 07-22-2021 at 03:42 PM.
The following users liked this post:
04WDPSeDaN (07-22-2021)
Old 07-22-2021, 03:52 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 1,598 Likes on 961 Posts
Originally Posted by Kense
I'll ask you and everybody who doesn't care about numbers this. Why not just get the A spec and be happy then? If nobody cares why even make a Type S? Speed isn't everything so just stick with a 4 banger and enjoy it. It looks the same. You can put big quad exhaust tips on that and call it a day. Why is everyone here looking at a performance car if you don't care about performance? I would think people interested in a Type S, S4 or G70 DO care otherwise they'd op for the 4 Cylander versions like people who don't want an M340i or M3/4 op for the 330.
You're question is very valid. For most people A-SPEC or A4 would be more than enough. I don't have the breakdown but how many A4 is sold vs S4? Probably 20%?

But there is a difference between 1-1.5 min slower compared to 4.5 vs 4.7. Now we are changing brackets.
Old 07-22-2021, 03:54 PM
AZ Community Team

Just a question for you. When you call Tony Pac by his FB handle and me by mine what kind of insult are you attempting to make and why?
hahaha! It's called when you are unemployed and you got a lot of time on your hands
Old 07-22-2021, 03:57 PM
AZ Community Team

Let him write whatever he says...It really doesn't bother me. In fact it proves me how much free time these people got on their hand to go and do Facebook and Instagram research. That should tell you a lot about them. whatever his name is, he is not just involved here but in facebook too LMAO!
Old 07-22-2021, 04:00 PM
iWhine S/C 6MT TL

Originally Posted by Tony Pac
hahaha! It's called when you are unemployed and you got a lot of time on your hands
You sure about me being unemployed? Don't make statements out of your ass. It's your official warning.
Old 07-22-2021, 04:01 PM
iWhine S/C 6MT TL

Let him write whatever he says...It really doesn't bother me. In fact it proves me how much free time these people got on their hand to go and do Facebook and Instagram research. That should tell you a lot about them. whatever his name is, he is not just involved here but in facebook too LMAO!
Sure, except I'm not posting like an ignorant child as you are on those pages. In fact, I rarely post in any facebook group. Keep talking out of your ass.
Old 07-22-2021, 04:01 PM
Suzuka Master

I will ask you an honest question and this is with all respect:
Do you really think people that buy TYPE S and S4 or G70, do they really care about 4.2 vs. 4.5 or 4.6? Let's assume some people do. What would be that percentage? If Acura targets to sell 35,000 TLX per year and TYEP S represents 5,000. Out of 5,000 how many will time their 0-60? this is not about Acura. But about all cars in this segment. Unless you are paying big bucks and you go on track or you are part of a club. I honestly don't think anyone cares. again, this is not to disagree with you or anyone.
People buy a lot on image, looks & price. Small % buy on actual performance. A lot of the image for the slow cars like the 330 come from the quicker M340 & M series. The whole point is for 11 years you guys have been looking for the BMW slayer. So now we get down to rubber meets the road time & its very likely the BMW killer could not kill by 2011 335. Major league disappointment for the home team.

So if no one cares why are you guys fighting so hard? No one should care what I say as I don't go into product design, interiors etc. But you have guys here trying to defend Bull Shit performance numbers & a head to head performance vid like Red Line put out. Combine Red Line with Acura's advertising pieces & Video's then what you get is a very large steaming pile of Male Bovine Fodder Byproducts.
Old 07-22-2021, 04:06 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 4,172 Likes on 2,590 Posts
Originally Posted by BEAR-AvHistory
All the money put into the event by Acura & they make a mysterious error, totally advantageous to Acura, of forgetting to put the car they selected to be the sacrifice into the proper gear twice?

And deep down you don't know that they did not do it on purpose. The one thing you do know is the S4 will kill the Type-S. This just does not pass the smell test knowing how much the S4 outclasses the Type-S in acceleration. Why bring it, if not to get a hit on the weakest accelerating car of the three German's they advertise against.

So I will go with "If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck & smells bad its a smelly duck"
Most of S4 is faster than the TLX except for 5-60 where it's slower so it mostly outclasses it in acceleration. However the S4 does out brake the S.
https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...4-test-review/
https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...-type-s-drive/

Old 07-22-2021, 04:07 PM
AZ Community Team

Sure, except I'm not posting like an ignorant child as you are on those pages. In fact, I rarely post in any facebook group. Keep talking out of your ass.
It's really sad. I always respected you as a senior member and appreciated your input. I remember when you sent me a private message saying that if things get out of control in this forum. Ignore them. Always thought you are a class act. Oh well...
Old 07-22-2021, 04:10 PM
Pro

People buy a lot on image, looks & price. Small % buy on actual performance. A lot of the image for the slow cars like the 330 come from the quicker M340 & M series. The whole point is for 11 years you guys have been looking for the BMW slayer. So now we get down to rubber meets the road time & its very likely the BMW killer could not kill by 2011 335. Major league disappointment for the home team.

So if no one cares why are you guys fighting so hard? No one should care what I say as I don't go into product design, interiors etc. But you have guys here trying to defend Bull Shit performance numbers & a head to head performance vid like Red Line put out. Combine Red Line with Acura's advertising pieces & Video's then what you get is a very large steaming pile of Male Bovine Fodder Byproducts.
Bear, I think you are very knowledgeable and I honestly respect your expertise, but for the life of me I can’t figure out why you are so invested in belittling the Type S. It’s so not a world beater that I’d think it wouldn’t even be on your radar. Why not just let we peons bask in our ignorance. There’s really no reason I can think off that should motivate you to constantly remind us what the car is not. No doubt by now most of us understand what the car isn’t and believe it or not many are perfectly okay with that.

Last edited by Honda430; 07-22-2021 at 04:17 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by Honda430:
a35tl (07-22-2021), BEAR-AvHistory (07-22-2021), F23A4 (07-22-2021)
Old 07-22-2021, 04:12 PM
Advanced

Received 44 Likes on 21 Posts
Hey you can solve the whole thing send in a screen shot of the Acura going down hill for a 4.58 time. Get a steeper hill & maybe it will break into the 3's
You know what buddy, just for you here you go. I just bought a 4k monitor so why not LOL It's not the full crop and I only have MS Paint so apologies for the quality

[EDIT] It looks like it's compressed because on my screen (my 1080P one), it was a lot bigger before I uploaded

Old 07-22-2021, 04:20 PM
iWhine S/C 6MT TL

It's really sad. I always respected you as a senior member and appreciated your input. I remember when you sent me a private message saying that if things get out of control in this forum. Ignore them. Always thought you are a class act. Oh well...
Sorry Tony, not this time. Respect is a two way street. You constantly throw antagonistic comments towards others because it doesn't line up to your opinion. You constantly put down others for liking anything other than Acura and making statements are "exit the group, nobody will miss you" or "enjoy your audi hahahaha". you just don't realize it. Not once did I ever claim that my BMW(s) are better than what anyone else owns here, as you claim I DO. Be my guest and go through all my posts since 2007 and find whatever floats your boat. You will see I've spent a lot of time helping members. You want to claim i'm unemployed but fail to realize I run a business, 24 hours , 7 days a week. The things I own didn't just happen from unemployment, far from it so knock it off with the childish comments. You have comments here and on FB that show your ignorance.

The truth is Tony you know little about me. When I did work for Acura, I worked on members vehicles here. I did free work on the side for such members. I donated during Acura meets and helped many members here via PM's to help them with issues. I've offered my home to members who were impacted by hard time and misfortunes. As human as I am, I can also be an asshole towards people like yourself and I do so for the right reasons. You have some issues and it's not my business but it shows.

You can ask @Ghostof TypeS Past we've had a civil conversation via PM, even if I was a bit abrasive in his thread. Your behavior does not go unnoticed even by several moderators who warned you before. I've always apologized for being out of line as I just did with @Honda430 .

EDIT:

I sent you PM's and try to talk to you level headed. I told you about ignore the others because of your comments. I was trying to help you out.

Last edited by 04WDPSeDaN; 07-22-2021 at 04:26 PM.
Old 07-22-2021, 04:22 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 562 Likes on 293 Posts
You're question is very valid. For most people A-SPEC or A4 would be more than enough. I don't have the breakdown but how many A4 is sold vs S4? Probably 20%?

But there is a difference between 1-1.5 min slower compared to 4.5 vs 4.7. Now we are changing brackets.
ok but the reality is the TLX driven by a professional driver in ideal conditions got a 4.9. AHC got a 5.2. Ideal conditions for an M340i is 3.8 but real world and most people will get 4.0-4.2. The S4 probably 4.4. That’s a big jump to 5.2 and you can definitely feel the difference. If numbers didn’t matter manufactures wouldn’t advertise them on their website.
Old 07-22-2021, 04:24 PM
Suzuka Master

Bear, I think you are very knowledgeable and I honestly respect your expertise, but for the life of me I can’t figure out why you are so invested in belittling the Type S. It’s so not a world beater that I’d think it wouldn’t even be on your radar. Why not just let we peons bask in our ignorance. There’s really no reason I can think off that should motivate you to constantly remind us what the car is not. No doubt by now most of us understand what the car isn’t and believe it or not many are perfectly okay with that.
After 11 years it will be a BMW Killer then nothing & yet the troops all fall in line. Not sure they understand what the car is or is not. Might be a very big shock to you but I only reference the performance of the car. Said it was a good looking car with a nice interior, not going to be absorbed & say its a performance car when its not.
Old 07-22-2021, 04:25 PM
AZ Community Team

Sorry Tony, not this time. Respect is a two way street. You constantly throw antagonistic comments towards others because it doesn't line up to your opinion. You constantly put down others for liking anything other than Acura and making statements are "exit the group, nobody will miss you" or "enjoy your audi hahahaha". you just don't realize it. Not once did I ever claim that my BMW(s) are better than what anyone else owns here, as you claim I DO. Be my guest and go through all my posts since 2007 and find whatever floats your boat. You will see I've spent a lot of time helping members. You want to claim i'm unemployed but fail to realize I run a business, 24 hours , 7 days a week. The things I own didn't just happen from unemployment, far from it so knock it off with the childish comments. You have comments here and on FB that show your ignorance.

The truth is Tony you know little about me. When I did work for Acura, I worked on members vehicles here. I did free work on the side for such members. I donated during Acura meets and helped many members here via PM's to help them with issues. I've offered my home to members who were impacted by hard time and misfortunes. As human as I am, I can also be an asshole towards people like yourself and I do so for the right reasons. You have some issues and it's not my business but it shows.

You can ask @Ghostof TypeS Past we've had a civil conversation via PM, even if I was a bit abrasive in his thread. Your behavior does not go unnoticed even by several moderators who warned you before. I've always apologized for being out of line as I just did with @Honda430 .
I always respect people's opinion. the member purchased a BMW and I congratulate him. I always say BMW is an amazing brand. Anyway, i am not here to argue but I meant it when I wrote I have a lot respect for you. Just for the fact that you have been here for a while and you know a lot about cars. 10X more than me. Enjoy brother. No bad feeling. This is the issue with internet.
Old 07-22-2021, 04:52 PM
Some Guy Who Loves Cars

Received 280 Likes on 173 Posts
You know what buddy, just for you here you go. I just bought a 4k monitor so why not LOL It's not the full crop and I only have MS Paint so apologies for the quality

[EDIT] It looks like it's compressed because on my screen (my 1080P one), it was a lot bigger before I uploaded
You look exactly like the stereotypical person I would expect to drive a Type S.

Old 07-22-2021, 05:20 PM
Safety Car

Received 3,429 Likes on 1,879 Posts
Originally Posted by someguy11
You look exactly like the stereotypical person I would expect to drive a Type S.
I think that's Sofyan.
Old 07-22-2021, 05:23 PM
Suzuka Master

I am missing the 4.58 shot of the car going down hill. BTW paint has a slider that will reduce large shots so you can work on them.
Old 07-22-2021, 05:25 PM
Some Guy Who Loves Cars

Received 280 Likes on 173 Posts
Originally Posted by fiatlux
I think that's Sofyan.
Ahh gotchya. I see now that's a screengrab of the test in question.
Old 07-22-2021, 10:38 PM
Pro

Received 542 Likes on 265 Posts
I am missing the 4.58 shot of the car going down hill. BTW paint has a slider that will reduce large shots so you can work on them.
Watch it on tv. You can clearly see times for both runs.
Old 07-23-2021, 06:06 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by dmski
Watch it on tv. You can clearly see times for both runs.
Yeah you can read it when its clear now I will post a question i wanted to ask whiteGSR
Old 07-23-2021, 06:34 AM
Suzuka Master

Why did you ever mention the invalid 4.58 number? I saw a whole bunch of comments before during & after Sam's TLX-S/S4 drag race video. Prior to the run guys here were cuing up expecting a good showing for the TLX-S based on the 4.58 or 4.7 average or the S4/TLX-S runs at the Laguna Seca event.

After the first run it was disbelief. Comments at the Vid site got pretty raw about the quality of the Laguna Seca run & the 4.58/4.7 0-60 time. There were guys there accusing the S4 of being modified because it beat a 4.58 TLX-S so badly.

One of the guys here mentioned 4.58s and 5.11s is more like 4.85s I believe you averaged it out 4.7 which is a number being hotly debated here as a valid number that levels the hill.

Think if up the hill & down the hill numbers were never mentioned & the "race" at LS never done the launch party for the car would have been so much better for Acura. What say you?
Old 07-23-2021, 06:44 AM
Suzuka Master

because it was not a drag race, it was simply to cancel out the 2% grade the road had, so naturally he made runs in both directions like many testers do. Same is done for top speed tests to account of wind.

People are all (myself included)

But overall I do not believe he's trying to promote or demote the car. He merely pointed out the positives and negatives in comparison to the market and competition which seemed fair to me.
Then why talk about 4.7 being a good number when that number should be 4.85? Like 4.58 OPPS 4.7 is good because its an average of 4.58 & 5.11. No its not the average of 4.58 & 5.11.

So all the numbers being talked about here & all over the internet are 4.58 & 4.7. 5.11 gets lost in the mists of time like it never existed.

All the "mistakes" seem to favor the TLX-S. You want to be the forum fact checker you might also want to check facts that are favorable to the TLX-S not just defend them.

Last edited by BEAR-AvHistory; 07-23-2021 at 06:50 AM.
Old 07-23-2021, 07:32 AM
Suzuka Master

Most of S4 is faster than the TLX except for 5-60 where it's slower so it mostly outclasses it in acceleration. However the S4 does out brake the S.
https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...4-test-review/
https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...-type-s-drive/
Yeah, Sam's Videos showed just how much the S4 outclassed it. Was a very big mostly for the car Acura picked to run against. The joys of magazine spec racing VS real life racing.

Followed you links & printed the charts below
You sure about the TLX being faster in the 5-60? Looks pretty much like a sweep with a 5.3 to 5.5 S4 win in the 5-60

2018 Audi S4
C/D TEST RESULTS

Zero to 60 mph: 4.3 secZero to 100 mph: 10.7 sec
Zero to 130 mph: 19.2 sec
Zero to 150 mph: 31.7 sec
Rolling start, 5–60 mph: 5.3 sec
Top gear, 30–50 mph: 2.9 sec
Top gear, 50–70 mph: 3.5 sec
Standing ¼-mile: 12.8 sec @ 109 mph
Top speed (governor limited, C/D est): 155 mph
Braking, 70–0 mph: 148 ft
Roadholding, 300-ft-dia skidpad: 0.99 g

C/D FUEL ECONOMY
Observed: 20 mpg
75-mph highway driving: 28 mpg
Highway range: 420 miles

EPA FUEL ECONOMY
Combined/city/highway: 24/21/30 mpg

2021 Acura TLX Type S

C/D TEST RESULTS
60 mph: 4.9 sec
100 mph: 12.6 sec
1/4-Mile: 13.6 sec @ 103 mph
130 mph: 24.2 sec
Results above omit 1-ft rollout of 0.3 sec.
Rolling Start, 5–60 mph: 5.5 sec
Top Gear, 30–50 mph: 3.3 sec
Top Gear, 50–70 mph: 4.5 sec
Top Speed (C/D est): 155 mph
Braking, 70–0 mph: 165 ft
Braking, 100–0 mph: 359 ft
Roadholding, 300-ft Skidpad: 0.96 g

C/D FUEL ECONOMY
Observed: 19 mpg

EPA FUEL ECONOMY
Combined/City/Highway: 21/19/24 mpg
Old 07-23-2021, 08:46 AM
AZ Community Team

Received 4,172 Likes on 2,590 Posts
Yeah, Sam's Videos showed just how much the S4 outclassed it. Was a very big mostly for the car Acura picked to run against. The joys of magazine spec racing VS real life racing.

Followed you links & printed the charts below
You sure about the TLX being faster in the 5-60? Looks pretty much like a sweep with a 5.3 to 5.5 S4 win in the 5-60

2018 Audi S4
C/D TEST RESULTS

Zero to 60 mph: 4.3 secZero to 100 mph: 10.7 sec
Zero to 130 mph: 19.2 sec
Zero to 150 mph: 31.7 sec
Rolling start, 5–60 mph: 5.3 sec
Top gear, 30–50 mph: 2.9 sec
Top gear, 50–70 mph: 3.5 sec
Standing ¼-mile: 12.8 sec @ 109 mph
Top speed (governor limited, C/D est): 155 mph
Braking, 70–0 mph: 148 ft
Roadholding, 300-ft-dia skidpad: 0.99 g

C/D FUEL ECONOMY
Observed: 20 mpg
75-mph highway driving: 28 mpg
Highway range: 420 miles

EPA FUEL ECONOMY
Combined/city/highway: 24/21/30 mpg

2021 Acura TLX Type S

C/D TEST RESULTS
60 mph: 4.9 sec
100 mph: 12.6 sec
1/4-Mile: 13.6 sec @ 103 mph
130 mph: 24.2 sec
Results above omit 1-ft rollout of 0.3 sec.
Rolling Start, 5–60 mph: 5.5 sec
Top Gear, 30–50 mph: 3.3 sec
Top Gear, 50–70 mph: 4.5 sec
Top Speed (C/D est): 155 mph
Braking, 70–0 mph: 165 ft
Braking, 100–0 mph: 359 ft
Roadholding, 300-ft Skidpad: 0.96 g

C/D FUEL ECONOMY
Observed: 19 mpg

EPA FUEL ECONOMY
Combined/City/Highway: 21/19/24 mpg
My bad, I put in the wrong Car and Driver S4 test results. Here is where C&D got 5.7 for a 2020 S4. I thought I read 5.7 somewhere. Doing too many things on a Thursday

Rolling start, 5–60 mph: 5.7 sec
https://www.caranddriver.com/audi/s4-2021

Last edited by Legend2TL; 07-23-2021 at 08:50 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Legend2TL:
BEAR-AvHistory (07-23-2021), WTF.Acura (07-25-2021)
Old 07-23-2021, 09:20 AM
Pro

Received 267 Likes on 145 Posts
I really think the weak point in the 0-60 time is Acura limiting the launch control to 2000 RPM.
Old 07-23-2021, 09:25 AM
Car Enthusiast

Received 175 Likes on 89 Posts
Originally Posted by djhtsx
I really think the weak point in the 0-60 time is Acura limiting the launch control to 2000 RPM.
We need someone to unlock the launch control to higher RPM and hopefully, it can answer WHY. For me, I think lower gears can't handle big torque for reliability.
pyrodan007 (07-23-2021)
Old 07-23-2021, 09:27 AM
Safety Car

Why can't it be both the LC and the power/weight ratio? The trap speed (a metric that is largely unaffected by how the car launches) for the Type S is 103mph, which is a scant 2mph higher than the Accord 2.0T, 6mph lower than the S4, and an eyewatering 11mph lower than the M340i. A better launch might knock off a couple tenths of a second, but it's not going to get it anywhere close to the competition. There's only so much the engineers can do to overcome the headwinds brought on by the power/weight ratio.
Old 07-23-2021, 09:34 AM
Suzuka Master

My bad, I put in the wrong Car and Driver S4 test results. Here is where C&D got 5.7 for a 2020 S4. I thought I read 5.7 somewhere. Doing too many things on a Thursday

No problem we all make mistakes. Found something I did not know. Dragy's slope limit is 1% up or down. If a run exceeds either the record is stamped with a red invalid marker.

When I looked as suggested on a wide screen I saw the box that RL was using to gather data but did not recognize it. I wonder if it has a slope limitation built or can process a correction factor to level the slope?
Legend2TL (07-23-2021)
Old 07-23-2021, 09:43 AM
Instructor

Received 337 Likes on 118 Posts
Better launch isn't going to change much, it's just not a fast car and no theory is going to suddenly change that. It's still the more fun and quicker version of the TLX no doubt about that but they definitely didn't deliver on the performance by 2017+ standards. If you're barely outrunning a stock Accord you've got bigger problems than launch control.
pyrodan007 (07-23-2021)
Old 07-23-2021, 09:49 AM
Advanced

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Waiter: Who ordered the pedantic mudslinging argument?
Me: Raises hand
Waiter: Would you like a refill on your drink?
Me: Make it a 12 year scotch and a clorox . One to dull the senses, the other to bleach my eyes.
Old 07-23-2021, 10:09 AM
Suzuka Master

Had this in another thread but it fits better here. There is another vid that has this with the driver calling the numbers.

Three separate runs on flat ground.
0-60 First Attempt 12:58 -5.16
0-60 Second Attempt 19:24 - 4.95
0-60 Third Attempt 20:04 - 4.73

At 3:09 in the vid the label under the open hood says 0-60 4.73

Last edited by BEAR-AvHistory; 07-23-2021 at 10:15 AM.
Old 07-23-2021, 10:50 AM
Safety Car

No problem we all make mistakes. Found something I did not know. Dragy's slope limit is 1% up or down. If a run exceeds either the record is stamped with a red invalid marker.

When I looked as suggested on a wide screen I saw the box that RL was using to gather data but did not recognize it. I wonder if it has a slope limitation built or can process a correction factor to level the slope?
He uses a Racebox:
Amazon Amazon

If the slope is too high/low (+/-1.5%) it flags it as invalid.
BEAR-AvHistory (07-23-2021)
Old 07-23-2021, 11:29 AM
Pro

Received 542 Likes on 265 Posts
Originally Posted by DubPK
Better launch isn't going to change much, it's just not a fast car and no theory is going to suddenly change that. It's still the more fun and quicker version of the TLX no doubt about that but they definitely didn't deliver on the performance by 2017+ standards. If you're barely outrunning a stock Accord you've got bigger problems than launch control.
It will improve 0-60 for sure. Quarter mile, not so much. It needs another 50 horses at minium.
Old 07-23-2021, 11:45 AM
Pro

Received 499 Likes on 244 Posts

It's worth mentioning that without launch control or brake torquing, the 2020 Audi S4 is actually only 0.1s quicker than a G1 TLX V6 FWD, and 0.2s slower than the Type S.
Old 07-23-2021, 12:00 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by bilirubin
It's worth mentioning that without launch control or brake torquing, the 2020 Audi S4 is actually only 0.1s quicker than a G1 TLX V6 FWD, and 0.2s slower than the Type S.
How do you know if your two cars of choice were brake torqued or not? Just curious because if you are right it would change an 11-0 Audi win to a 10-1 Audi win. I know these things are not important to guys here but the info is still interesting.

Quick Reply: Acura TLX Type S Reviews/Discussion