2021 TLX Owner's Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2023, 01:29 PM
Family Hauler

Received 164 Likes on 78 Posts
Good luck and let us know your impressions and how it goes. And more importantly, if you pulled the trigger and purchased it!
The following 2 users liked this post by caLiTLX:
MarcoTLX (01-10-2023), Tony Pac (01-10-2023)
Old 01-10-2023, 01:47 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 1,613 Likes on 971 Posts
Originally Posted by caLiTLX
Good luck and let us know your impressions and how it goes. And more importantly, if you pulled the trigger and purchased it!
100%!
Will update the group.
The following users liked this post:
MarcoTLX (01-10-2023)
Old 01-18-2023, 01:43 PM
AZ Community Team

Quick update on my side: I went to test drive the 2021 TLX TYPE S here in Montreal. I was driving the car for a good 45 minutes mix of highway and small service roads. This car is simply a blast to drive. This is the second time, I am driving a TYPE S but I believe the first time was too quick and I did not enjoy as much as this time. Call it bias, but this is by far the best TL/TLX made. I did not find it slow or big. It handled like a champ in the snow and ice. Considering the weight, this car feels pretty light1

This was not at my dealer but another one, so I did not know the rep, but he was really nice and not pushy at all. Dealer experience 10/10. He tried to explain me everything but the issue is the car has been driven by the dealer for the past 5-6 months. There are a lot of imperfections. I even saw few minor scratches and inside due to snow, and cold Montreal winter is not wow!

This is a very special car and I did not feel like paying that kind of money for a used car with some imperfections. I left the dealership thinking if this was $50K-$52K CAD (meaning $10K-$12K cheaper than original price for 2021). I would have really considered it.

Congrats to those who own a TLX TYPE S....it's a very special and beautiful car!
The following 2 users liked this post by Tony Pac:
GhostTL09 (01-19-2023), MarcoTLX (01-18-2023)
Old 01-18-2023, 08:49 PM
Pro

Received 542 Likes on 265 Posts
Originally Posted by Tony Pac
Quick update on my side: I went to test drive the 2021 TLX TYPE S here in Montreal. I was driving the car for a good 45 minutes mix of highway and small service roads. This car is simply a blast to drive. This is the second time, I am driving a TYPE S but I believe the first time was too quick and I did not enjoy as much as this time. Call it bias, but this is by far the best TL/TLX made. I did not find it slow or big. It handled like a champ in the snow and ice. Considering the weight, this car feels pretty light1

This was not at my dealer but another one, so I did not know the rep, but he was really nice and not pushy at all. Dealer experience 10/10. He tried to explain me everything but the issue is the car has been driven by the dealer for the past 5-6 months. There are a lot of imperfections. I even saw few minor scratches and inside due to snow, and cold Montreal winter is not wow!

This is a very special car and I did not feel like paying that kind of money for a used car with some imperfections. I left the dealership thinking if this was $50K-$52K CAD (meaning $10K-$12K cheaper than original price for 2021). I would have really considered it.

Congrats to those who own a TLX TYPE S....it's a very special and beautiful car!
How mich are they asking for it? In Toronto used 21 Type S - dealers are still asking the same price or more as what they were brand new with 30K km on them. Haters can hate all they want.
Old 01-19-2023, 10:22 AM
AZ Community Team

CAD$62K.

I found another one for cheaper but it's located far. I may give it a try. But i am not too crazy about gray colour.
MarcoTLX (01-19-2023)
Old 01-19-2023, 01:19 PM
Adept Acura Enthusiast

Received 364 Likes on 241 Posts
CAD$62K.

I found another one for cheaper but it's located far. I may give it a try. But i am not too crazy about gray colour.
you sure you don’t wanna go for a subdued look?
Old 01-19-2023, 04:44 PM
Instructor

Received 234 Likes on 99 Posts
If your current vehicle is still in working order then i still think your best route is waiting for a 2024. The mmc is sure to add something you would have a touch of regret about and it gives your kids time to grow and fit the car. Its not even like there is a financial reason to with the used cars costing as much as a new one, a used car loan likely having a higher rate then a new one and you are losing out on around 2 years of warranty (if im correct i believe certified gives you 7 years powertrain, but the rest of the car will just have the original date of service for warranty coverage). Its your life and its not like you would hate the car, i just think you are lined up perfectly for a MMC car.
The following 3 users liked this post by sombasol:
kareshi (02-01-2023), MarcoTLX (01-19-2023), Tony Pac (01-20-2023)
Old 01-19-2023, 10:00 PM
Adept Acura Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sombasol
If your current vehicle is still in working order then i still think your best route is waiting for a 2024. The mmc is sure to add something you would have a touch of regret about and it gives your kids time to grow and fit the car. Its not even like there is a financial reason to with the used cars costing as much as a new one, a used car loan likely having a higher rate then a new one and you are losing out on around 2 years of warranty (if im correct i believe certified gives you 7 years powertrain, but the rest of the car will just have the original date of service for warranty coverage). It’s your life and it’s not like you would hate the car, i just think you are lined up perfectly for a MMC car.
You brought up some good points here that me and other potential 2G TLX buyers should take note of.
Old 01-20-2023, 10:50 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 543 Likes on 351 Posts
If your current vehicle is still in working order then i still think your best route is waiting for a 2024. The mmc is sure to add something you would have a touch of regret about and it gives your kids time to grow and fit the car. Its not even like there is a financial reason to with the used cars costing as much as a new one, a used car loan likely having a higher rate then a new one and you are losing out on around 2 years of warranty (if im correct i believe certified gives you 7 years powertrain, but the rest of the car will just have the original date of service for warranty coverage). Its your life and its not like you would hate the car, i just think you are lined up perfectly for a MMC car.
Originally Posted by MarcoTLX
You brought up some good points here that me and other potential 2G TLX buyers should take note of.
Some of this is no longer accurate, though. Used car prices have dropped a lot and continue to do so and even Acura is offering 3.99% on certified used models to get rid of some of the glut. Example: https://www.acuracertified.com/special-offers
Old 01-20-2023, 11:32 AM
Instructor

Received 234 Likes on 99 Posts
This car is in Canada where we are still very much behind the US in availability of new vehicles and used vehicle interest rates and prices are still high due to this. Hopefully we catch up some by summer, but currently my dealership has exactly one (1) New vehicle on the lot
The following 2 users liked this post by sombasol:
kareshi (02-01-2023), Tony Pac (01-20-2023)
Old 01-20-2023, 11:43 AM
AZ Community Team

You just nailed it! I am 100% with you and that's what I thought as well.
Old 01-20-2023, 11:44 AM
AZ Community Team

This car is in Canada where we are still very much behind the US in availability of new vehicles and used vehicle interest rates and prices are still high due to this. Hopefully we catch up some by summer, but currently my dealership has exactly one (1) New vehicle on the lot
Well said and the interest rate is insane
Old 01-20-2023, 12:05 PM
Three Wheelin'

Ah okay than yeah that will make a difference.
Old 01-20-2023, 06:52 PM
Adept Acura Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ESHBG
Some of this is no longer accurate, though. Used car prices have dropped a lot and continue to do so and even Acura is offering 3.99% on certified used models to get rid of some of the glut. Example: https://www.acuracertified.com/special-offers
Well Acura seems to have left out some models as that special is only available on 2017-2022 Used Acura MDXs and RDXs no TLXs or Integras

Old 01-20-2023, 08:55 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by MarcoTLX
Well Acura seems to have left out some models as that special is only available on 2017-2022 Used Acura MDXs and RDXs no TLXs or Integras
Because there were more MDXs and RDXs made so more in the used market vs TLXs. The Integra is too new and popular to need any deals like this right now.
MarcoTLX (01-21-2023)
Old 01-22-2023, 11:32 AM
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
CAD$62K.

I did the far away experience looking for a deal that turned out to be too good to be true. After extensive discussions with the dealer and having him assure me the car was every bit the "mint" machine he said it was. I booked the flight and made the hotel reservations.
Long story shortened, the dealer misrepresented the vehicle and did a great job of concealing all of the flaws the vehicle had in the HD photos they sent. If it seems to good to be true it probably is and used isn't new. If you are looking for new buy new or be happy with the choice of used you made.
Tony Pac (01-23-2023)
Old 01-23-2023, 07:50 AM
AZ Community Team

Originally Posted by Kiwi2000
I did the far away experience looking for a deal that turned out to be too good to be true. After extensive discussions with the dealer and having him assure me the car was every bit the "mint" machine he said it was. I booked the flight and made the hotel reservations.
Long story shortened, the dealer misrepresented the vehicle and did a great job of concealing all of the flaws the vehicle had in the HD photos they sent. If it seems to good to be true it probably is and used isn't new. If you are looking for new buy new or be happy with the choice of used you made.
You're absolutely right! The car that I went to see looked flawless. But when I got there....I can say it was not well maintained. I am not desperate to buy any car for any price i will look around and I am confident that more TYPE S will be available. In Canada, due to the high interest rates, I see the car market will slow down. It's just a matter of time. Unless, Bank of Canada start cutting rates, which I don't see it any time soon.