0-60 & 1/4 mile times

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2020, 09:07 AM
Advanced

Received 35 Likes on 18 Posts
It's really all going to come down to price, honestly.

If the Type-S can do mid-4s for an actual sales price of ~$48K before TTL, then it might do some sales. If it's an above 5.0 and you can't get it for less than $50K, well, look for sales to be anemic.
Old 09-18-2020, 09:49 AM
AZ Community Team

Received 1,598 Likes on 961 Posts
Originally Posted by leomio85
The problem is, the negativity is founded ... you simply expect the TLX to somehow defy the laws of physics. If it puts down great numbers by the tune of underrated power, I'd gladly praise the 2G TLX. As for why it "sucks" or doesn't sell, I think you're overestimating the popularity of Acura, and the Type S nameplate. Take for instance their launch video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wmyw7oxIIJc
Over a year and 203k views.

Now, take a look at the Proto Z and how many views it got in just two days.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKXtsW33Ij0
591k views

This is more views than the TLX reveal video got 3 months ago as well. This from a company that some on here think is dead and nobody in their right mind would purchase. Members on here seem to think Acura is a renowned brand with performance pedigree in its veins. Most people in the real world look at Acura as a brand for geriatrics who upgraded from Honda and do 10MPH under the speed limit.

My 5yr plan isn't as bad as I had imagined, but plans for a new car have gotten pushed back a couple years. Heck, we'll see what magic the ///M division could do on the pig nose of the new G80 M3 on Sept 23. Maybe pick up a lightly used one in 4-5yrs if I can bare to look at it (and issues don't start cropping up with the S58 platform).

I don't disagree with you but you cannot compare Nissan Z to Acura TLX. Nissan is worldwide brand and Z is a known sport car across the world. Just in middle east, Nissan brand is Huge. Acura is a NA brand. Most of sales are coming from USA. Even Canadian sales are peanuts. Go to Dubai or Qatar and you will see how big of brand Nissan is.

Even in Europe, most people don't know Acura.

You compare Z to Supra and S200 if Honda one day will bring it back and not Acura TLX.

The following users liked this post:
iforyou (09-19-2020)
Old 09-18-2020, 10:51 AM
Advanced

Received 35 Likes on 18 Posts
Fastest sedan

Acura says on their website:

The exclusive 3.0-liter V-6 Turbo engine with an estimated 355 HP and 354 lb.-ft. of torque makes the new Type S the quickest Acura sedan ever.

So what was the previous, and that's where this will fit.
Old 09-18-2020, 10:59 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 546 Likes on 361 Posts
^ RLX hybrid did it in 4.9s, lets see if Acura means gas only sedans or all. In any case, must be 4.8s or less. Critically below 5s.
Speed Guy (09-18-2020)
Old 09-18-2020, 11:02 AM
Pro

Received 499 Likes on 244 Posts
Originally Posted by Speed Guy
Acura says on their website:

The exclusive 3.0-liter V-6 Turbo engine with an estimated 355 HP and 354 lb.-ft. of torque makes the new Type S the quickest Acura sedan ever.

So what was the previous, and that's where this will fit.
Acura's previous acceleration king (excluding the NSX) was the RLX Sport Hybrid, did 0-60 in 4.9s, 5-60 in 5.7s, and 1/4-mile in 13.6s.
If the TLX Type S can beat those numbers, than that's a W for Acura.
Old 09-18-2020, 11:07 AM
AZ Community Team

Originally Posted by bilirubin
Acura's previous acceleration king (excluding the NSX) was the RLX Sport Hybrid, did 0-60 in 4.9s, 5-60 in 5.7s, and 1/4-mile in 13.6s.
If the TLX Type S can beat those numbers, than that's a W for Acura.
Hope it's true but lots of marketing bs also. Not just Acura. All car companies...
The following 2 users liked this post by Tony Pac:
bilirubin (09-18-2020), justnspace (09-18-2020)
Old 09-18-2020, 11:12 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by pyrodan007
^ RLX hybrid did it in 4.9s, lets see if Acura means gas only sedans or all. In any case, must be 4.8s or less. Critically below 5s.
I really hope they don't mean Acura's quickest gas-only sedan. That would mean beating the TL Type S (0-60 5.6s, 5-60 6.2s, 1/4-mile 14.3). If the TLX Type S can't beat the Accord's 5.3s 0-60, then all hope is lost.
Old 09-18-2020, 11:40 AM
AZ Community Team

I really hope they don't mean Acura's quickest gas-only sedan. That would mean beating the TL Type S (0-60 5.6s, 5-60 6.2s, 1/4-mile 14.3). If the TLX Type S can't beat the Accord's 5.3s 0-60, then all hope is lost.
You got it.

They can say well, we meant gas. RLX was hybrid lol!
Old 09-18-2020, 01:41 PM
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts
The problem is, the negativity is founded ... you simply expect the TLX to somehow defy the laws of physics. If it puts down great numbers by the tune of underrated power, I'd gladly praise the 2G TLX. As for why it "sucks" or doesn't sell, I think you're overestimating the popularity of Acura, and the Type S nameplate. Take for instance their launch video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wmyw7oxIIJc
Over a year and 203k views.

Now, take a look at the Proto Z and how many views it got in just two days.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKXtsW33Ij0
591k views

This is more views than the TLX reveal video got 3 months ago as well. This from a company that some on here think is dead and nobody in their right mind would purchase. Members on here seem to think Acura is a renowned brand with performance pedigree in its veins. Most people in the real world look at Acura as a brand for geriatrics who upgraded from Honda and do 10MPH under the speed limit.

My 5yr plan isn't as bad as I had imagined, but plans for a new car have gotten pushed back a couple years. Heck, we'll see what magic the ///M division could do on the pig nose of the new G80 M3 on Sept 23. Maybe pick up a lightly used one in 4-5yrs if I can bare to look at it (and issues don't start cropping up with the S58 platform).
Acura is a brand for geriatrics in the real world who upgraded from honda ??? That statement has no factual basis. My TL for example is admired and driven by a lot of young and middle aged people alike. I haven't really seen an elderly person driving one.When you take all factors besides only performance into consideration, Honda/ Acura products shine . Also I would never subject myself to deal with the pains of owning a German car both financially and emotionally. Now go on and tell me that BMW's Audi's and Mercedes are just as reliable, it's all the maintenance. LOL yeah right
Tony Pac (09-18-2020)
Old 09-18-2020, 01:55 PM
Safety Car

Received 3,429 Likes on 1,879 Posts
Originally Posted by lowgrowl
Acura is a brand for geriatrics in the real world who upgraded from honda ??? That statement has no factual basis. My TL for example is admired and driven by a lot of young and middle aged people alike. I haven't really seen an elderly person driving one.When you take all factors besides only performance into consideration, Honda/ Acura products shine . Also I would never subject myself to deal with the pains of owning a German car both financially and emotionally. Now go on and tell me that BMW's Audi's and Mercedes are just as reliable, it's all the maintenance. LOL yeah right
Per JD Power:
According to J.D. Power research data, 65% of TLX buyers are men, matching the average for the Compact Premium Car segment. They are slightly older than average (58 years of age vs. 56), and they're making less money than average, with a median annual household income of $128,676 (vs. $143,641).
https://www.jdpower.com/cars/expert-...ura-tlx-review

Geriatric might be an exaggeration, but 58 ain't young.
Old 09-18-2020, 01:59 PM
User Awaiting Email Confirmation

Received 381 Likes on 235 Posts
Originally Posted by Tony Pac
I don't disagree with you but you cannot compare Nissan Z to Acura TLX. Nissan is worldwide brand and Z is a known sport car across the world. Just in middle east, Nissan brand is Huge. Acura is a NA brand. Most of sales are coming from USA. Even Canadian sales are peanuts. Go to Dubai or Qatar and you will see how big of brand Nissan is.

Even in Europe, most people don't know Acura.

You compare Z to Supra and S200 if Honda one day will bring it back and not Acura TLX.
Valid point. Though, 203k views is pretty darn low. Even some of the fitness YouTubers I'll peruse get more views than that after a week, and they're all within the US for the most part. Even superficial car channels for casuals like TheStraightPipes gets more views than that in a month. People really don't care as much as people on here would like to think about Acura.
Old 09-18-2020, 02:04 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 4,178 Likes on 2,594 Posts
Originally Posted by fiatlux
Per JD Power:

https://www.jdpower.com/cars/expert-...ura-tlx-review

Geriatric might be an exaggeration, but 58 ain't young.
So I was curious, amazing BMW owners are older but higher income per JD Powers.

https://www.jdpower.com/cars/expert-...model=3-Series

According to J.D. Power data*, 77% of BMW 3 Series owners who responded to the 2019 Automotive Performance Execution and Layout (APEAL) Study were men. For the entire segment, 65% of owners are male. The BMW’s owners are slightly older (59 years vs. 57 years for the segment) and have a larger median annual household income ($170,833 vs. $150,146).

Huh? go figure. Acura buyers are younger than BMW buyers

Last edited by Legend2TL; 09-18-2020 at 02:11 PM.
Old 09-18-2020, 02:09 PM
AZ Community Team

Valid point. Though, 203k views is pretty darn low. Even some of the fitness YouTubers I'll peruse get more views than that after a week, and they're all within the US for the most part. Even superficial car channels for casuals like TheStraightPipes gets more views than that in a month. People really don't care as much as people on here would like to think about Acura.
Sure. that's true.
But youtube is very tricky.

This video has over 840K views:
or over 270K views:

That said, i do agree with you.

Old 09-18-2020, 02:11 PM

So, decided to go out today and do some of my own real world testing on my '20 RDX A-Spec. Vehicle has 11k miles, 3 oil changes have been done with Mobil 1 0W-20 and the transmission and differential fluid has been changed @ 10k miles. Tires are the stock ... Goodyears?

About 68*F with low humidity and dry conditions. Test results were done on dry pavement on a service road. Vehicle in Sport+ mode, A/C off, traction disabled, auto-stop/start disabled, crash mitigation disabled. Only I was in the vehicle (210lbs) and the car was driven around until operating temps were reached (approx 20mins or so). Vehicle was launched at 2k RPMs (ECU won't let you rev it higher).

Data was recorded on an iPhone X via GPS. How accurate these things are, I don't know ... but I'm going to say no very, so, take this as you will.

First app I used was 'GPS Race Timer'. It had the most reviews on the App Store and I can't tell you why. It's awful.

First run: 0-60: 7.8s - 1/4 mi: 13.4s (this makes no sense)
Second run: 0-60: 8.1s - 1/4mi: 13.6s (no way it's running this time with that slow of a 0-60)
Third run: 0-60: 6.3s ... I shut it down before hitting the 1/4 mile. Ironically, this was the only run I didn't build RPMs up for.

After looking at this, figure this app is pure trash. Decided to look for another and decided on 'FastR'. Every time was consistent, three runs, no 1/4 times.

0-60: 7.0s dead, every time, 3 test runs. Last one was done without building RPMs like the last app and it was the exact same time.

These were free apps, so I have no idea how accurate they are. Obviously, the first one is trash. If anyone has a better way for me to record 0-60, I'd be open to it. Take this for what you will to gauge how "mighty" this K20C4 actually is in moving a 4,000lb vehicle (similar to what the AWD TLX is going to weigh).
Old 09-18-2020, 02:14 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 546 Likes on 361 Posts
^Would you happen to have another car to test 0-60 time? Curious to see how close it is to real world with other cars. Good to have some data, just for fun.
Old 09-18-2020, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by Tony Pac
Sure. that's true.
But youtube is very tricky.

This video has over 840K views: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52HgsMW0BbM

That said, i do agree with you.
Hm, how did I miss that one? I saw the other one:

I shall concede this point. Until the Proto Z surpasses it. In a week. Muahahaha.
Old 09-18-2020, 02:19 PM
Safety Car

So, decided to go out today and do some of my own real world testing on my '20 RDX A-Spec. Vehicle has 11k miles, 3 oil changes have been done with Mobil 1 0W-20 and the transmission and differential fluid has been changed @ 10k miles. Tires are the stock ... Goodyears?

About 68*F with low humidity and dry conditions. Test results were done on dry pavement on a service road. Vehicle in Sport+ mode, A/C off, traction disabled, auto-stop/start disabled, crash mitigation disabled. Only I was in the vehicle (210lbs) and the car was driven around until operating temps were reached (approx 20mins or so). Vehicle was launched at 2k RPMs (ECU won't let you rev it higher).

Data was recorded on an iPhone X via GPS. How accurate these things are, I don't know ... but I'm going to say no very, so, take this as you will.

First app I used was 'GPS Race Timer'. It had the most reviews on the App Store and I can't tell you why. It's awful.

Second run: 0-60: 8.1s - 1/4mi: 13.6s (no way it's running this time with that slow of a 0-60)
Third run: 0-60: 6.3s ... I shut it down before hitting the 1/4 mile. Ironically, this was the only run I didn't build RPMs up for.

After looking at this, figure this app is pure trash. Decided to look for another and decided on 'FastR'. Every time was consistent, three runs, no 1/4 times.

0-60: 7.0s dead, every time, 3 test runs. Last one was done without building RPMs like the last app and it was the exact same time.

These were free apps, so I have no idea how accurate they are. Obviously, the first one is trash. If anyone has a better way for me to record 0-60, I'd be open to it. Take this for what you will to gauge how "mighty" this K20C4 actually is in moving a 4,000lb vehicle (similar to what the AWD TLX is going to weigh).
Get yourself an OBD2 scanner like
Amazon Amazon
. Can confirm that this handles refresh rates up to 0.1s. By datalogging the RPMs, you can generate a pretty accurate dynograph using virtualdyno if you have access to a flat road that will let you get to redline in 3rd or 4th gear.
Old 09-18-2020, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by fiatlux
Get yourself an OBD2 scanner like https://www.amazon.com/ScanTool-OBDL.../dp/B00H9S71LW. Can confirm that this handles refresh rates up to 0.1s. By datalogging the RPMs, you can generate a pretty accurate dynograph using virtualdyno if you have access to a flat road that will let you get to redline in 3rd or 4th gear.
Now that you mention it, I should have a DashHawk laying around somewhere. I can't remember if it datalogs 0-60 times, but I know it plugs into the OBDII ... hopefully I can find it.
Old 09-18-2020, 02:26 PM
Safety Car

Now that you mention it, I should have a DashHawk laying around somewhere. I can't remember if it datalogs 0-60 times, but I know it plugs into the OBDII ...
you just need to data log the time stamp and mph...
Old 09-18-2020, 04:34 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 562 Likes on 293 Posts
Are these pains of owning a German car hearsay or experience based because Modern German cars don't have anymore issues than an Acura. In fact I see a ton of reliability complaints just on this forum.
The following 2 users liked this post by Kense:
justnspace (09-18-2020), pyrodan007 (09-18-2020)
Old 09-18-2020, 04:52 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Kense
Are these pains of owning a German car hearsay or experience based because Modern German cars don't have anymore issues than an Acura. In fact I see a ton of reliability complaints just on this forum.
When you bring up anecdotal evidence, they say "anecdotes don't matter, show me the data." And when you show them the data, they say "Oh, this doesn't actually mean anything because most of these are just problems with the infotainment system, that kind of stuff doesn't really matter".

So really, no amount of anecdotes or data is going to change any minds.
Kense (09-19-2020)
Old 09-18-2020, 05:01 PM
Pro

Received 542 Likes on 265 Posts
I'm getting chills and sweats. If the Type S can't beat Accord numbers, I'm done with this brand FOREVER. Not even joking here. They will be dead to me and will not get a penny more out of my wallet.
Old 09-18-2020, 05:17 PM
Safety Car

There's no way in hell that it'll be slower than the Accord 2.0T. Even if it weighs over 4100lb like I expect, the power-to-weight ratio is far far far superior in the Type-S.
Old 09-18-2020, 05:47 PM
Instructor

Received 38 Likes on 26 Posts
So an rdx is 7 seconds 0-60 in sport mode? Well there goes me wanting that
Old 09-18-2020, 06:01 PM
Racer

Received 99 Likes on 60 Posts
I read theories that Acura needs to neuter output in first 3 gears becuase it will be too much to transfer to rear wheels. I feel they should just have a DRIFT mode where software is tweaked to produce maximum engine output but transfer only what sh-awd can handle to rear and let the rest go to front (let front tires slip somewhat). That way thay can get better 0-60 in drift mode which will be used by many reviewers and in regular driver modes, they can use whatever logic they use now to protect sh-awd.
Old 09-18-2020, 06:05 PM
There are four lights!

Received 215 Likes on 124 Posts
Originally Posted by AcuraFan1980
So an rdx is 7 seconds 0-60 in sport mode? Well there goes me wanting that
On a good run, my wife's flat-six Outback can do about that. With Acura targeting performance as the house motto, their vehicles sure aren't very performant. Yeah, I know, I know... wait for the reviews.
Old 09-18-2020, 06:10 PM
Cruisin'

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Just curious and covering the bases, what kind of gas were you using?
Old 09-18-2020, 06:37 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by alpha0
I read theories that Acura needs to neuter output in first 3 gears becuase it will be too much to transfer to rear wheels. I feel they should just have a DRIFT mode where software is tweaked to produce maximum engine output but transfer only what sh-awd can handle to rear and let the rest go to front (let front tires slip somewhat). That way thay can get better 0-60 in drift mode which will be used by many reviewers and in regular driver modes, they can use whatever logic they use now to protect sh-awd.
To add, other vehicles in the class with similar power are around 3800 lbs. 3800 to 4000 is about 5% difference, so weight of TLX should not add more than 0.3 seconds or so if we consider just power to weight. So if all the chatter is correct about 0-60 of 6.5 seconds for 2GTLX, additional 1 second is due to choices Acura made.
Old 09-18-2020, 08:08 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by alpha0
To add, other vehicles in the class with similar power are around 3800 lbs. 3800 to 4000 is about 5% difference, so weight of TLX should not add more than 0.3 seconds or so if we consider just power to weight. So if all the chatter is correct about 0-60 of 6.5 seconds for 2GTLX, additional 1 second is due to choices Acura made.
RLX (PAWS) with 10 AT and 310 HP naturally aspirated engine can do 0-60 in 5.8, it weighs about 4000 lbs. So similar weight, same transmission, more low end torque and grip of shawd adds 0.7 sec for 0-60? If that is correct, shame on someone who calls himself or herself an engineer.
Old 09-18-2020, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by Starseer
Just curious and covering the bases, what kind of gas were you using?
Dammit, knew there was something I was missing. It's a mix between Mobil and BP 93 Oct. Surprisingly, they're the cheapest around me and both are close to my gym.

So, for sh*ts and giggles, decided to take my po-dunk beater 2001 Monte Carlo SS with 94k miles, 87octane, worn to 4/32" tread tires out to the same stretch and do some 0-60 runs. Using the same app (not the crappy one),

First run: 0-60: 7.85s

Next couple runs I had some traction issues (FWD + crappy old tires) so they were tossed.

Second (usable) run: 7.95s
Third run: 7.95s

So, the app may not be the most accurate, but it does seem to be consistent. Though, there was one time when I had a bad GPS connection and I had a blistering 2.00s 0-60, lol. I'll need to find a decently priced OBDII scanner that reads speed that's compatible with iOS. I already have a scan tool, it just doesn't read speed. Don't want to spend $100 to give weirdos on the internet realistic 0-60 times. FWIW, looking at listed 0-60 times from back in the day, the W-body non-supercharged Monte SS did 0-60 in 7.3s (MotorTrend), 7.5s (MotorWeek) or 8.6s (C&D). I'm pretty sure that during this era, C&D was notorious for having awful 0-60 times. MT and MW would likely be more accurate, which is what the app was showing. So, let's say it's about .5s off. That would put the RDX at right around 6.5s 0-60, which is in line with C&D's 6.6s in it's testing (they've become much more reliable).

Same output, same powertrain, nearly the same weight ... it's going to be a very tough task for the 2G TLX to shave off 0.5s off its 0-60 time. Maybe they retuned the transmission and allowed for boost build up at launch? Doubt it. Honda has been in enough deep water with awful drivetrain components. God forbid they actually make them stout. Nope, have to maximize gas mileage. This is why the area of performance will never be the strong suit of this current line-up of vehicles. It's centered around anything but performance. Even the Type S will have similar components and I will keep reiterating it ... it's not going to meet expectations. Honda probably started blowing diffss and/or clutch packs out the ass with higher output tunes during testing, hence why they reeled in the power. I don't doubt Honda could make a lot more power out of their engine. The new M3 Comp 3.0T is putting out over 500HP, and we know that's underrated.

Preservation of the rest of the powertrain is why I speculate the TLX-S is making an underwhelming 355HP ... and that figure is likely not underrated. Even at 355HP and 354ft lbs, I'm still going to say the figures are going to be even less impressive than the horsepower numbers. There are so many compromises with this vehicle that is based off an economy drivetrain that they're trying to shoehorn a decently powerful engine into. Honda isn't looking to replace a ton of transmissions/differentials as they've done in the past. Don't like it? Buy something else. Honda couldn't care less because at the end of the day, their entire profit margin is shot if they're replacing a transmission on a car under warranty. That seems to be their attitude about the TLX-S. "If they love Honda, they'll buy it ... we're not looking to compete against anyone."
Starseer (09-20-2020)
Old 09-18-2020, 09:50 PM
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts
Go buy a BMW 340i or a Audi S4. Then go ahead and drive the car to 300K+ miles (like my TL) while keeping all the receipts for the work done. Then let's compare the quantity of them and the total amount spent.. Ahem ,I don't think there would be a debate on who would have the larger portfolio. .

Last edited by lowgrowl; 09-18-2020 at 09:53 PM.
Legend2TL (09-19-2020)
Old 09-18-2020, 10:07 PM
Racer

Received 75 Likes on 53 Posts
What are the numbers for the current fastest 1G TLX? I think it's the V6 FWD for straight line? 0-60 5.7s. What about 5-60 and 1/4 mile? Do you think the current 1G TLX V6 will be faster than the 2G TLX 2.0T base engine?
Old 09-18-2020, 11:14 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by AcuraGuy2016
What are the numbers for the current fastest 1G TLX? I think it's the V6 FWD for straight line? 0-60 5.7s. What about 5-60 and 1/4 mile? Do you think the current 1G TLX V6 will be faster than the 2G TLX 2.0T base engine?
https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...d-test-review/
5-60: 5.8s (this is actually really good all things considered)
1/4 mile: 14.2 @ 103mph

There is no way the 2.0T is doing 5-60 in 5.8s. It'll be closer to 6.8s than 5.8s.

Last edited by fiatlux; 09-18-2020 at 11:17 PM.
bilirubin (09-19-2020)
Old 09-19-2020, 06:39 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by AcuraGuy2016
As per C&D...
TLX V6 FWD: 0-60 5.7s, 5-60 5.8s, 1/4-mile 14.2s
TLX V6 SH-AWD: 0-60 5.7s, 5-60 5.9s, 1/4-mile 14.2s

The 5-60 is only 0.1 to 0.2s slower than the 0-60, which is quite excellent and an advantage of naturally-aspirated engines. This will certainly not be possible with the new TLX, turbo-lag typically adds 0.4 to 2.0s to the 5-60 time. Fortunately the RDX's is a smaller 0.4s discrepancy, and a good sign for the new TLX. The new 2.0T model's 5-60 will likely be in the mid-high 6's, on par with the Honda Odyssey's 6.7s, but quicker than the RDX's 7.0s.
Old 09-19-2020, 09:55 AM
Pro

Received 542 Likes on 265 Posts
Considering the added weight and the 4 cyl/turbo combo, I'm saying the 2nd Gen TLX will do 0-to-60 in 6.3 sec which is garbage considering that 1G TLX will spank it. I know people will say, oh the customer that will buy this car don't care about 0-60, I say BS. I know so many people that would not buy a Type S or a Sport sedan but they brag how quick their Accord or Maxima is. Considering the hefty price increase this car should not be going backwards. I'm already predicting that this get will not even reach 1 Gen TLX peak sales.
Old 09-19-2020, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by Speed Guy
It's really all going to come down to price, honestly.

If the Type-S can do mid-4s for an actual sales price of ~$48K before TTL, then it might do some sales. If it's an above 5.0 and you can't get it for less than $50K, well, look for sales to be anemic.
It's already been established that the Type S won't be below $50k. Advance with SH-AWD already starts at $48,300. People on here actually believed it would be in the mid $40k range, what a joke. Type S will likely be ~$53-54k to start.
Old 09-19-2020, 11:11 AM

Go buy a BMW 340i or a Audi S4. Then go ahead and drive the car to 300K+ miles (like my TL) while keeping all the receipts for the work done. Then let's compare the quantity of them and the total amount spent.. Ahem ,I don't think there would be a debate on who would have the larger portfolio. .
You won't be driving a modern day Acura to 300k miles either. Heck, basically any new car. The electronics packed into these things is what makes them so unreliable. Maybe a Toyota 4Runner/Tacoma will still last that long, but they have infotainment from 2006, so that makes sense, lol.
The following 2 users liked this post by leomio85:
04WDPSeDaN (09-19-2020), pyrodan007 (09-19-2020)
Old 09-19-2020, 11:50 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 376 Likes on 255 Posts
You won't be driving a modern day Acura to 300k miles either. Heck, basically any new car. The electronics packed into these things is what makes them so unreliable.
Right.

The use of garbage lead-free solder has decreased the reliability of all electronics on all machines.

Interesting that NASA and the US Government are exempt (and have been allowed to continue using real lead-solder all these years) due to safety and reliability requirements. But apparently safety doesn't include vehicles, airplanes, hospital medical equipment, nuclear-plant control electronics, etc. I think parallel redundancy in systems is their only option to compensate.

https://www.aviationtoday.com/2012/0...-tin-whiskers/

I'm guessing Space-X is exempt, but not sure about Tesla vehicles (or if Elon Musk is "cheating" a bit).

Last edited by Tesla1856; 09-19-2020 at 12:02 PM.
Old 09-19-2020, 11:52 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 562 Likes on 293 Posts
LOL what?!? I had a 2004 TL that died at 140k . Needed a new transmission at 90k then at 139k needed the engine rebuilt. That’s when I got rid of it. You think all Acura’s last 300k? My father 1990 190e Mercedes lasted over 300k . There’s no absolutes with any brand. No modern car is going to automatically last any amount of miles with all the electronics they tie into the car. Because of that I lease anyways and don’t have to deal with all that crap.
Old 09-19-2020, 12:00 PM
Safety Car

LOL what?!? I had a 2004 TL that died at 140k . Needed a new transmission at 90k then at 139k needed the engine rebuilt. That’s when I got rid of it. You think all Acura’s last 300k? My father 1990 190e Mercedes lasted over 300k . There’s no absolutes with any brand. No modern car is going to automatically last any amount of miles with all the electronics they tie into the car. Because of that I lease anyways and don’t have to deal with all that crap.
The Land Cruiser should be able to last that long because it’s built with a 25 year service life even with rough conditions. These things are darn near impossible to kill; put one on a lift and you can see just how insanely overbuilt them chassis is.

Oh wait, you said modern car :p

Quick Reply: 0-60 & 1/4 mile times