9AT Hard Shift 1-2 and 2-3

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2015, 10:15 PM
AcurAdmirer

Received 352 Likes on 164 Posts
FWIW, I put mine in for transmission and VCM vibration today. At the end of the day I was told the tech had a call in to Acura, so I guess he's pursuing it up the chain.

Incidentally, I know the tech from working at the dealership, and he has a 2015 TLX himself, so he's well aware of the issues with the transmission and VCM. He admitted that things go well for awhile after updates, but it slowly deteriorates after a month or two. That adaptive software is the culprit IMO, re-learning bad behavior. It seems like the software updates just kinda force it to do things it doesn't want to do, and after awhile it wins out and gets its evil way again.

I'll say again the shifting is something I can live with, but the vibration when in 3-cyl mode has gotten a good bit worse lately. For the first 12k miles or so I couldn't tell when the VCM kicked in and out, but that has changed. I'm hoping they can reset that and smooth it out again.

Old 12-30-2015, 11:44 PM
Old Man Yelling at Clouds

Received 7,362 Likes on 3,906 Posts
Interesting timing - I just got my on-line survey tonight. I let them have it. I think I managed to still rate the dealership high, because they deserve it, but I let Acura have it in the comments. And the last three questions: I'm proud to own an Acura, I'm loyal to the Acura brand, and I will buy another Acura.

"Definitely Not" on all three counts.
Old 12-31-2015, 04:53 PM
AcurAdmirer

Originally Posted by Mike_TX
FWIW, I put mine in for transmission and VCM vibration today. At the end of the day I was told the tech had a call in to Acura, so I guess he's pursuing it up the chain.

Incidentally, I know the tech from working at the dealership, and he has a 2015 TLX himself, so he's well aware of the issues with the transmission and VCM. He admitted that things go well for awhile after updates, but it slowly deteriorates after a month or two. That adaptive software is the culprit IMO, re-learning bad behavior. It seems like the software updates just kinda force it to do things it doesn't want to do, and after awhile it wins out and gets its evil way again.

I'll say again the shifting is something I can live with, but the vibration when in 3-cyl mode has gotten a good bit worse lately. For the first 12k miles or so I couldn't tell when the VCM kicked in and out, but that has changed. I'm hoping they can reset that and smooth it out again.

Did another relarn on the transmission, and it's shifting really well right now. Probably won't last. LOL.

Interestingly, the 2015 TLX loaner they gave me (with 1200 miles on the odo) kicked hard on the 2-3 shift. I guess they need to relearn their loaners, too.

The VCM issue has been shelved for a week or so, since the tech is off next week. He did a "snapshot" and sent it to Acura, but hadn't heard from them as of today. I gather that is a diagnostic read of some kind (?)

Old 01-01-2016, 03:36 PM
Drifting

Received 536 Likes on 302 Posts
Did another relarn on the transmission, and it's shifting really well right now. Probably won't last. LOL.

Interestingly, the 2015 TLX loaner they gave me (with 1200 miles on the odo) kicked hard on the 2-3 shift. I guess they need to relearn their loaners, too.
I've driven a 2016 TLX with 2500 miles that had no issues. I'd have to see if I posted it in here, but I thought I drove a 2015 TLX as a loaner that did have issues a few months ago. The kicking hard on the 2-3 shift was what mine was doing before the 40 TSB was applied. After another re-learn now I get some kind of parachute effect or sluggishness during that shift. I get a noticeable 2-3 shift in terms of a kick, ever now and then but nothing like the mule kick I used to get. Now my issue is the "drag effect" and sometimes in the mornings pushing the gas pedal doesn't have the same reaction as it does the rest of the times I push it. It's like I push it "x" amount coming out of a turn or from a stop and it will do "x" in terms of acceleration sometimes, but other times it will require "y" amount of pedal travel to do the same. The transmission is annoying but better. That's about the best I can say. lol.
Old 01-01-2016, 11:11 PM
10th Gear

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Rocketsfan
I've driven a 2016 TLX with 2500 miles that had no issues. I'd have to see if I posted it in here, but I thought I drove a 2015 TLX as a loaner that did have issues a few months ago. The kicking hard on the 2-3 shift was what mine was doing before the 40 TSB was applied. After another re-learn now I get some kind of parachute effect or sluggishness during that shift. I get a noticeable 2-3 shift in terms of a kick, ever now and then but nothing like the mule kick I used to get. Now my issue is the "drag effect" and sometimes in the mornings pushing the gas pedal doesn't have the same reaction as it does the rest of the times I push it. It's like I push it "x" amount coming out of a turn or from a stop and it will do "x" in terms of acceleration sometimes, but other times it will require "y" amount of pedal travel to do the same. The transmission is annoying but better. That's about the best I can say. lol.
Wow... EXACT same thing that is happening to me after the TSB. I like how you describe it as a parachute effect. It is much better than what it was pre-TSB but there are still quirks that I can definitely feel. I get used to it usually until I drive my wifes 5-speed Grand Cherokee which shifts you dont even feel then I come back to this forum... It was funny cause I asked the tech if it was fixed, and all he could say was it is better. Never said it was fixed. He just kept saying "shift has significantly improved, try it out and see what you think and bring it back if you are not satisfied". Not exactly inspiring confidence. But thanks for your description. I was trying to figure out how to explain it and think you nailed it.
Old 01-02-2016, 09:36 AM
Cruisin'

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by ATXTLX
Wow.. The NEW transmission you received needs an update?
Sadly, yes: my 1.5 month old NEW transmission needs a software update. But even with that update, there is still considerable inconsistent shifting. I take it your new transmission is still shifting great?

Also, in response to other inquiries: the service manager could not advise whether my new transmission was a 2015 or 2016 build; however, he speculated that it was probably a new (instead of a rebuilt) transmission based on how new the car is. As for the software update, he mentioned the MDX update; however, he said that his computer advised that the software update was for the TLX.
Old 01-02-2016, 11:34 AM
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Is there anyone that bought a 2015 TLX V6 without any shifting issues?
Old 01-02-2016, 11:52 AM
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
I have a 2015 SH-awd without shifting issues. I never really noticed anything accept for downshifting a slight acceleration prior to the gear engaging.

Now I have had all the software upgrades thru 15-038. Not sure if 40 was applied at my last A1. I do notice the 2-3 shift BUT it is very minor. The rest of the shifts are smooth. Nothing like the head jerking some have experienced.

Some early transmissions had contamination affecting parking engagement it is possible the contamination was not or could not be flushed and hence this may be the cause of the issues. It can also be a batch of defective transmissions. My build is 3/15 5999 on the AWD side of serial numbers (by 3/15 the 2wd models were much higher serials.)

I really enjoy the car. I have the advanced package. The only thing done after purchase was adding LED's to the trunk and backup lights along with the projector LED's in the door that say "Acura" on the ground for fun.

I also have the 19" diamond cut wheels with 245/40R19 Continental DWS radials. I must say a little gas in the turn and the torque vectoring is fantastic.

If I did have the shift issues discussed I would not hesitate to contact my dealer and/or escalate but have not experienced the issue.

I have about 5200 miles...

Last edited by flybyglass; 01-02-2016 at 11:54 AM. Reason: Added Miles on vehicle.
The following users liked this post:
9SpeedTran (01-05-2016)
Old 01-03-2016, 08:18 AM
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Ditto for me, flybyglass. Have had no updates and don't plan to unless shifting gets a lot worse. Notice the 2-3 shift but its minor. Sport+ is fine. Never had a situation that in any way I thought was dangerous related to transmission. I have 12,000 miles and it was a 7/14 build and had the flush done with the first oil change. If the '16 transmission is different it will have a different part number. Number should be on the invoice if a new one was installed and there should be a serial number on the case which could be useful.

However, the damage has been done resale wise and even those who have not had problems will pay the price sooner or later.

Trying to get high mileage and high performance via the transmission has turned out to be a difficult engineering task.
9SpeedTran (01-05-2016)
Old 01-03-2016, 11:19 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,267 Likes on 864 Posts
Originally Posted by tmitch2315
Trying to get high mileage and high performance via the transmission has turned out to be a difficult engineering task.
I agree....It's like trying to get slutty and the girl next door at the same time....Oh wait!
wlkeel (01-03-2016)
Old 01-03-2016, 11:22 AM
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts
Thought I'd share my experience with the 15-040 software update and relearn. I had been experiencing the 1-2 and 2-3 upshift bumps.

Took my new '15 TLX SH-AWD (600 miles) to the dealer on 12/24 and they did the TSB and updated the software. Immediately afterwards there was no change and the upshifts even seemed less smooth than before with a delay right before the upshift.

I took the car back to the dealer on 12/26 and they told me to be patient and drive it for a few hundred miles. I've put about 200 miles on since, and I'm happy to say that the jerky upshifts have just about gone away completely. Sometimes I notice a pause and then a little rough shifting, but it's almost nothing and much better compared to what it was like before the update. The same is true in either Normal or Sport IDS mode. I don't use Econ or Sport +.

So not sure if this is temporary or permanent, but right now it's a big improvement. Of course I didn't notice any significant rough shifting when I test drove the car, and then it got worse, so who knows what will happen.
weather (01-03-2016)
Old 01-03-2016, 11:24 AM
Suzuka Master

Keep us posted....It seems these software updates are not permanent and I am not sure why they have so many. I just wished they could get it right once and for all so we could put this issue to rest and move on to more important things....
Old 01-04-2016, 08:04 AM
Summer is Coming

Received 647 Likes on 373 Posts
Originally Posted by sillyjav
Is there anyone that bought a 2015 TLX V6 without any shifting issues?
Plenty of people, me included (knock wood). Not sure if there is any official data, but it seems to me that most of the bad cases are from early build cars. Later build cars (and I'm not sure when) seem to be far less prone to the hard shift issues. They may still have slow downshifts at times. When I bought my car I specifically looked for the latest build car I could find in the color and trim I wanted. I got a car that was built in Aug 15 and bought it in Sep 15. I have no issues with hard shifts. I have occasional issues with slow downshifts at low speeds. But I think my right foot seems to have learned how to minimize these.

If I had known the 2016's would have an updated transmission I might have waited, but only for peace of mind. I don't have any regrets about buying the 2015 since I got it ~$3K below invoice. A 2016 would not be worth the added cost I would have paid for it. If the cost were the same I would have waited for a 2016.
Old 01-04-2016, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by Rocket_man
If I had known the 2016's would have an updated transmission I might have waited, but only for peace of mind. I don't have any regrets about buying the 2015 since I got it ~$3K below invoice. A 2016 would not be worth the added cost I would have paid for it. If the cost were the same I would have waited for a 2016.
I've given a lot of thought to "if I'd have known". If I'd have just known about the transmission shifting issues (or spent more time understanding them) I may have waited for a 2016 or maybe looked harder at an RDX. If I understood then what I know now about the overall unsatisfactory nature of the ZF 9-speed I think I'd have avoided the TLX all together (but that's hard to assess without spending a lot of time in the car). Knowing now about how Acura has treated me over the issue I'd think long and hard about going Acura at all. They have some fixing to do in order to regain any possible future business.
Old 01-04-2016, 12:15 PM
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
I have an 8/15 build date and purchased in 10/15. I dont have the hard shifting in mine but I do have the hesitation when accelerating. I drive in Sport mode all the time. I'll echo 1Louder's assessment - I would not buy the car again and i've been a Honda/Acura owner since 1994. I'll try and unload in 1 or 2 years.
Old 01-04-2016, 12:57 PM
Racer

I was at the dealer today for an unrelated item (buying the spare tire kit after some consideration) and saw the service manager and chatted for a few minutes. He again told me they are working on some additional updates which should be available soon.

He swears that the issues are all software and that no hardware changes were made to the 2016, and in fact told me that had they changed the hardware significantly (admitting to issues), they would be open to lawsuits from owners of 2015 models and safety recalls being imposed by the feds to the 2015 models.

Again...just passing along the info, not agreeing or endorsing.

Last edited by neil0311; 01-04-2016 at 12:59 PM.
Old 01-04-2016, 01:09 PM

Received 1,405 Likes on 636 Posts
Originally Posted by neil0311
I was at the dealer today for an unrelated item (buying the spare tire kit after some consideration) and saw the service manager and chatted for a few minutes. He again told me they are working on some additional updates which should be available soon.

He swears that the issues are all software and that no hardware changes were made to the 2016, and in fact told me that had they changed the hardware significantly (admitting to issues), they would be open to lawsuits from owners of 2015 models and safety recalls being imposed by the feds to the 2015 models.

This makes perfect sense to me - I've suspected all along it's the software that adapts to your driving style.

Buuuuuuut - why would they be changing out transmissions if that were 100% true???
Old 01-04-2016, 03:01 PM
CPR
Burning Brakes

Received 277 Likes on 144 Posts
Well, my buddy just bought a stock 2016/MDX/SH-AWD/9 speed
Absolutely, ZERO tranny problems; no learning BS; no jerking; just delivers smooth power, the way it's designed to.
Wish my 2015 TLX, did likewise; just proves, that the issues are real
Just sayin'
1Louder (01-04-2016)
Old 01-04-2016, 03:38 PM
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by CheeseyPoofs McNut
This makes perfect sense to me - I've suspected all along it's the software that adapts to your driving style.

Buuuuuuut - why would they be changing out transmissions if that were 100% true???
When I had my tranny replaced, the advisor told me there were three different transmissions: the early model year 2015, the revised 2015 and the 2016. All have different part numbers. That's what I was told, anyway.
Old 01-04-2016, 04:53 PM
AcurAdmirer

Originally Posted by Robs252
When I had my tranny replaced, the advisor told me there were three different transmissions: the early model year 2015, the revised 2015 and the 2016. All have different part numbers. That's what I was told, anyway.
We're all getting different stories, but my dealer says there was "one minor part" changed in the 2016 transmission. I didn't get anything specific on what it was (the guy I talked to didn't really know). But he maintained that the 2016 doesn't have a different transmission, just one with a revised part.

Old 01-04-2016, 05:02 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 740 Likes on 435 Posts
Hell my guess is even during 2015 there were "revisions" made to the tranny. With that many pieces I bet there are revisions all the time to parts. While nothing on the TLX changed I bet a list of the parts would show dozens of parts that have new revisions.
Old 01-04-2016, 11:07 PM
Registered Abuser of VTEC

Received 115 Likes on 84 Posts
Originally Posted by CPR
Absolutely, ZERO tranny problems; no learning BS; no jerking; just delivers smooth power, the way it's designed to.
Just sayin'
My 2016 SH-AWD TLX with the 9AT has zero issues as well. It's upsetting that Acura used you 2015 guys as beta testers. They should pay you accordingly (with a new 2016 transmission).

We're all getting different stories, but my dealer says there was "one minor part" changed in the 2016 transmission. I didn't get anything specific on what it was (the guy I talked to didn't really know). But he maintained that the 2016 doesn't have a different transmission, just one with a revised part.
Maybe that "one revised part" was the transmission control module. LOL!
Old 01-05-2016, 08:01 AM
Styl1n

Received 159 Likes on 95 Posts
Originally Posted by youngTL
My 2016 SH-AWD TLX with the 9AT has zero issues as well. It's upsetting that Acura used you 2015 guys as beta testers. They should pay you accordingly (with a new 2016 transmission).

Maybe that "one revised part" was the transmission control module. LOL!
When Acura says its a warranty AT Kit, what does that kit include? is it just the tranny or the control module and tranny?
Old 01-05-2016, 12:54 PM
Racer

Received 116 Likes on 70 Posts
I agree they should do something for us 2015 owners. They'll have to reach out to me though because I'm done dealing with my service department on this, it's too frustrating; owning a new car is supposed to be a good experience. I'll add that during my time off between Christmas and New Year I drove a 328i, A4, ATS, and '16 TLX. While the TLX had no trans issues whatsoever, I'm not sure Acura deserves my business after this experience.

Last edited by jeich182; 01-05-2016 at 12:56 PM.
Old 01-05-2016, 02:38 PM
Advanced

Received 36 Likes on 13 Posts

I recently had the transmission and torque converter replaced in my 2015 SH-AWD and it shifts perfectly 100% of the time. No more jerky 2-3 shifts at all, not a single one. Before replacing the transmission, the numerous SW updates did nothing to help the shifting in my car. It seems pretty clear that there were quite a few bad transmissions installed in the 2015's.
Old 01-05-2016, 02:40 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by mojo_79
I recently had the transmission and torque converter replaced in my 2015 SH-AWD and it shifts perfectly 100% of the time. No more jerky 2-3 shifts at all, not a single one. Before replacing the transmission, the numerous SW updates did nothing to help the shifting in my car. It seems pretty clear that there were quite a few bad transmissions installed in the 2015's.
What was your path to replacement? My dealer won't even entertain the thought and says it's all software.

So what did you have to do before you got them to replace?
Old 01-05-2016, 03:01 PM

What was your path to replacement? My dealer won't even entertain the thought and says it's all software.

I have the exact same question. Three trips with full ACR involvement, visit from field rep and a failed TCM didn't qualify me.
Old 01-05-2016, 03:29 PM
Advanced

Received 36 Likes on 13 Posts

I met with the District Server Manager to get a highway vibration problem resolved on this car and it was he who went above the dealership to get me approved for a new transmission with Acura. The dealer didn't want any part of this job. They told me that there was "nothing wrong" with the original one, it was "working as designed". They were wrong, it now shifts very smooth, 100% of the time.

My advice, try to reach out to your DSM, be polite and state your concerns. It probably helps that this is my 7th new Honda/Acura vehicle, including a 2015 Honda I'm currently leasing for my fiancé. He seemed to be aware of my purchase history without me mentioning it.
Old 01-05-2016, 03:55 PM
User-approved

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I picked up my SH-AWD Tech end of April. It has a production date of 4/15. It was back in July for the hard 2-3 shift, hanging in neutral and downshift hesitation. At that time, the available updates were applied with the re-learn. My SA said she couldn't detect any changes, saying in worst-case, the tranny might have to be replaced. I really didn't feel a difference either. I decided to wait to see how things played out, watching this forum.

In mid-December I took it back for the same issues. The SA advised there were about 48 things they had to go through, and might have the car a few days or more. I was given a TLX SH-AWD Tech loaner with about 800 miles on it, production date 1/15. It was horrible! The 2-3 shift was like getting rear-ended, and the neutral hangs and hesitation were terrible. Way, WAY worse than with my TLX. My wife was shocked, to say the least. I parked it and drove my Mazda SUV until mine was ready, after 3 days.

When I picked it up, the SA advised they had applied the current update and relearn. It did drive very well, but still had the kickdown hesitation. It now seems to be reverting back to the old behavior. I also got the follow-up call from Acura and the dealer survey. I praised the dealer and roasted Acura for the issues, telling them the tranny was a giant wet blanket on an otherwise superb car.

I also want to share that the SA told me they have 5 or 6 TLX V6s in at any given time with the shifting issues. He said updates have been all some cars needed, but in a couple of cases, they fought Acura tooth and nail for tranny replacements, which they got, and which also completely resolved the issues. He acknowledged the 16s have no problems.

I know Acura reads this forum. I've been brand loyal going back to 1996, and I've always had some sort of Honda in my garage, including a mower and snow blower. I don't appreciate the value hit this issue has caused with my TLX. I expect Acura to make things right for their customers, although not much can be done with resale value. I see Acura fell 7 places in one year with Consumer Reports, currently listed as the 4th least-reliable. Not cool, Acura!
Old 01-05-2016, 03:57 PM
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by CPR
Just sayin'
I had a loaner 2016 MDX back in July when my car was at the dealer for over a month and yes it was as u wrote.... Pure performance
Old 01-05-2016, 04:01 PM
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 24 Posts
Hello everyone its been a while I should say, since last October maybe when I posted. I simply got tired of going to the dealer again and again for the same issue but not getting it fixed, so I stopped going and just ranted on every TLX ad that showed up on my facebook feed.. Results, Acura replied on my comments after 2 months and asked to PM details, once i did that they asked for vin, milegae and contact information. Today I got a call from ACR rep who took his time to listen to my entire ordeal with the car since I leased it back in Feb. I have been told that he will be reaching out to the area Manager? dunno who that is and then will call back to schedule a meet with him and my car. He asked what did I want from Acura :-p i said just fixed the damn tranny !
Old 01-05-2016, 04:08 PM
Styl1n

Received 159 Likes on 95 Posts
Originally Posted by BleuM&M
I picked up my SH-AWD Tech end of April. It has a production date of 4/15. It was back in July for the hard 2-3 shift, hanging in neutral and downshift hesitation. At that time, the available updates were applied with the re-learn. My SA said she couldn't detect any changes, saying in worst-case, the tranny might have to be replaced. I really didn't feel a difference either. I decided to wait to see how things played out, watching this forum.

In mid-December I took it back for the same issues. The SA advised there were about 48 things they had to go through, and might have the car a few days or more. I was given a TLX SH-AWD Tech loaner with about 800 miles on it, production date 1/15. It was horrible! The 2-3 shift was like getting rear-ended, and the neutral hangs and hesitation were terrible. Way, WAY worse than with my TLX. My wife was shocked, to say the least. I parked it and drove my Mazda SUV until mine was ready, after 3 days.

When I picked it up, the SA advised they had applied the current update and relearn. It did drive very well, but still had the kickdown hesitation. It now seems to be reverting back to the old behavior. I also got the follow-up call from Acura and the dealer survey. I praised the dealer and roasted Acura for the issues, telling them the tranny was a giant wet blanket on an otherwise superb car.

I also want to share that the SA told me they have 5 or 6 TLX V6s in at any given time with the shifting issues. He said updates have been all some cars needed, but in a couple of cases, they fought Acura tooth and nail for tranny replacements, which they got, and which also completely resolved the issues. He acknowledged the 16s have no problems.

I know Acura reads this forum. I've been brand loyal going back to 1996, and I've always had some sort of Honda in my garage, including a mower and snow blower. I don't appreciate the value hit this issue has caused with my TLX. I expect Acura to make things right for their customers, although not much can be done with resale value. I see Acura fell 7 places in one year with Consumer Reports, currently listed as the 4th least-reliable. Not cool, Acura!
Mine is a 1/15 build its pure crap just as you described, my tranny change has been approved but still waiting.
Old 01-05-2016, 08:02 PM
Drifting

Received 536 Likes on 302 Posts
Maybe I'm just too nice a guy. I'm going to go to the dealership and spit on their grass.

Do any of you experience that odd tug/hesitation instead of the "thump" during the 2-3 shift after the 40 update? I think I've seen one other person say they feel that, too. The dealership called back and asked me to bring the car in to them again. I have to admit the car drives better than before I had update 40 applied back in November (?), but what opened my eyes about how it should drive, and what was possible was when I drove that 2016 TLX.
Old 01-05-2016, 10:37 PM
J37A5

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
For data points only for those analyzing such things:

Purchased: 12/26/15
Model Year: 2015
Serial #: 10587
Build date: 08/15
Transmission: 9AT
Tech/Base: Tech
Drive train: SHAWD

725 miles to date. I can't say I have issues with the ZF tranny in my car. I can say this: it is different that's true, at least for me anyway. I've done some reading on the ZF 9HP. I need to drive the car into the spring and summer before I pass judgment on it and its application in my TLX. I'm coming from a 4G 6MT. I'm no expert on the physics and science of the 9HP, but it seems fine so far. Just gonna take time to learn what it wants and then how to provide that input.

Shifting in the lower gears is not imperceptible, but not rough or hard either. Higher gear shifting is smoother than the lower. Pretty much what I expect.

I do wish the tires were better. I can't wait to get rid of the stock Goodyears and put the Conti DWS06 on this car.
Old 01-06-2016, 09:26 AM
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Hondaownerforlife, I got Bridgestones on mine and they are crap also. Car wanders around and I know it the tires. Can't wait also. Had Pilot Sports on my TLs and they were great.
Old 01-07-2016, 06:28 PM
User-approved

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yes, I also thought the stock tires (Goodyear) were awful. Went straight to Discount Tire and traded up to a set of Michelin MXM4s. Makes a huge difference.
Old 01-07-2016, 07:38 PM
2016 Lexus ES 350

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
I wanted to let you guys/gals know that I sold my 15 TLX because of this issue. Dealer couldn't resolve the issue and said it was "Normal operation". I now am driving around in a smooth shifting Lexus ES 350.

Good Luck to those that continue to have issues.
Old 01-07-2016, 08:17 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,092 Likes on 714 Posts
Originally Posted by Bell_1821
I wanted to let you guys/gals know that I sold my 15 TLX because of this issue. Dealer couldn't resolve the issue and said it was "Normal operation". I now am driving around in a smooth shifting Lexus ES 350.

Good Luck to those that continue to have issues.
Some of us completely understand, Good luck with the Lexus
Old 01-07-2016, 08:25 PM
Suzuka Master

...and add me to those who understand (lol) - I too, am enjoying the smoothing shifting and archaic 6 speed.

Damn proven technology....
Old 01-07-2016, 08:28 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,092 Likes on 714 Posts
^ If the TLX shifted like the RLX, you'd have to have taken from my cold, dead hands!

Quick Reply: 9AT Hard Shift 1-2 and 2-3