When do you think the next gen TL (TLX) will be released?

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2013, 05:55 PM
2010 TL AWD 6MT: New King

Received 165 Likes on 104 Posts
Originally Posted by rondog
We have serious plans to introduce an ABS vacuum formed splitter kit on the TLX sedan and coupe. It will be similar to this concept we designed for the 4G TL that never made it:
TLX coupe? Do you know something I don't?
Old 08-28-2013, 07:00 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 129 Likes on 101 Posts
Ummm, maybe? lol.
Old 08-29-2013, 08:48 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 231 Likes on 207 Posts
So I guess there will be a coupe since I consider rondog to be a credible source.
Old 08-29-2013, 11:02 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 129 Likes on 101 Posts
dont take my word for it. Dont even take Acura's word for it, they have shown us that verbal promises mean nothing until the product actually reaches production.
Old 08-29-2013, 11:36 AM
Burning Brakes

but there's hope!
Old 08-29-2013, 02:37 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,012 Likes on 567 Posts
My biggest concern about the TLX Coupe is what drivetrain do they use? Coupes are already a niche market, and the Accord Coupe is offered with both 4 and 6 cylinder engines in both automatic and manual. What can they do that is different? The only thing that comes to mind is AWD. Of course the current TL AWD with 6MT is $45K.... so what can they do that is different and NOT $45K?
Old 08-30-2013, 06:31 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I believe a TLX coupe would be sweet! If this is done, go full Z killer. Use racing tech that's available and go for it! It's going to be a niche vehicle anyway, so why not?
Old 09-09-2013, 12:38 AM
2nd Gear

Hello all,

I have been following this thread for a bit now, sorry for the lurking and I used to have an account on here long ago.

I have come across a tough decision that I was hoping I did not need to do. I need to do about $1000 worth of repairs on my 2002 Acura CL-S that has 138k miles. When I have been looking at cars, dealers will offer about 2000-2500 for the car due to the deterioration of the aegean blue paint. I have been patiently waiting for the new TLX to come out as I want a sedan next go around.

I have looked at the 328i, do not like the latest gen TL due to the trunk, was looking at maybe buying a used 2007/8 TL for now. I have always wanted a BMW to just have at one point in my life, but I do not want it long term. I would be selling it in 3-4 years when more options are out as numerous things are coming off the line that are pretty exciting.

What do you think? I have never leased before, but I looked back in my service logs and looks like I would be around 15k lease, cutting it close and probably would need to up it for sake of mind unless I end up getting a new job (which might be happening soon as I have been interviewing final rounds).
Old 09-09-2013, 06:22 AM
6G TLX-S

Received 1,160 Likes on 829 Posts
Originally Posted by googol

I have come across a tough decision that I was hoping I did not need to do. I need to do about $1000 worth of repairs on my 2002 Acura CL-S that has 138k miles.

Lucky you.

Some 2G CL/TL owners need to dish out $3-4K just to replace that "nightmare from hell" tranny.

A handful of them even have no choice but to ride a bus, simply because they can't afford to cough out that $3-4K to repair their crippled cars.
Old 09-09-2013, 08:23 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 96 Likes on 75 Posts
Hello all,

I have been following this thread for a bit now, sorry for the lurking and I used to have an account on here long ago.

I have come across a tough decision that I was hoping I did not need to do. I need to do about $1000 worth of repairs on my 2002 Acura CL-S that has 138k miles. When I have been looking at cars, dealers will offer about 2000-2500 for the car due to the deterioration of the aegean blue paint. I have been patiently waiting for the new TLX to come out as I want a sedan next go around.

I have looked at the 328i, do not like the latest gen TL due to the trunk, was looking at maybe buying a used 2007/8 TL for now. I have always wanted a BMW to just have at one point in my life, but I do not want it long term. I would be selling it in 3-4 years when more options are out as numerous things are coming off the line that are pretty exciting.

What do you think? I have never leased before, but I looked back in my service logs and looks like I would be around 15k lease, cutting it close and probably would need to up it for sake of mind unless I end up getting a new job (which might be happening soon as I have been interviewing final rounds).
If you love the "new car" smell or simply want to keep up with technology and style changes leasing is the way to go. It is a more-expensive long term route than buying but you will have full warranty coverage and the pleasure of driving a new car every 2-4 years depending on term. You just have to make sure that you take proper care of the car, don't exceed the mileage allowances and realize you will be restricted from any kind of "modding".
Old 09-09-2013, 01:32 PM
10th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I suspect that the TLX will be on display in some form, either concept or production version at the LA auto show end of November- similar to how the RLX was brought to market last year. Followed by production and sale in first quarter 2014 like many predictions seem to indicate.
Old 09-09-2013, 01:54 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 105 Likes on 74 Posts
Originally Posted by RosieQ
I suspect that the TLX will be on display in some form, either concept or production version at the LA auto show end of November- similar to how the RLX was brought to market last year. Followed by production and sale in first quarter 2014 like many predictions seem to indicate.
I used to go to the LA auto show hoping to see some of the next year models but for the most part it was pay for parking and a pass to see cars you could see at the dealership as they are the existing year models. I'd start going again if they actually had next years models for any vehicles I would consider.

They might have the preproduction models of lamborghinis or other cars I wont be buying but never have I seen an early release Honda, Toyota, Acura or Lexus. They might have had them but it never any of the years I attended.
Old 09-09-2013, 02:20 PM
Pro

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by RosieQ
I would think they'll show it at the NY auto show.
Old 09-09-2013, 03:11 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,267 Likes on 864 Posts
^^ It better be on a truck being shipped to my dealership by then!
Old 09-09-2013, 05:10 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 740 Likes on 435 Posts
Originally Posted by vybzkartel
I would think they'll show it at the NY auto show.
Hell no! If they wait that long they are nuts. At latest they need to show production version in Detroit in January with on sale date by April. By November all their competitors will have their new models on sale, CTS, CLA, IS, etc and people will be making decisions if there is no TLX at least shown, then they loose those people for 2-3 years if not longer.
Old 09-09-2013, 08:36 PM
2nd Gear

I hear ya, I am thankful that it is not the tranny. I replaced that in the 80s, mainly due to old age. I am indeed thankful it is only

Leasing seems to be a "lifestyle" choice, not sure if I always want to have a payment, sure been nice not having a payment, but then again, I am not sure if I would like to have a new year, as I do love new

I am too hoping that it will be at the LA auto show, as I am in SoCal, I would go to see it. If I don't like it, I would just get something then during the holidays.

I have always wanted a BMW, but not sure about the resellability at the 3-4 year mark. Trying to do some research to see what sells better, but seems like that is just wasting money and not something I really like to do.

I have also driven the Q50 and love it, new tech in it is awesome, but dislike the trunk space, but might just go for it. There is also the issue with maple wood with the deluxe tech package, but might just deal with it. I like the alum siding better in the reg. I have always had acura, might want to try something new, but then don't want to regret when TLX blows us away (which I hope it does since Acura needs that badly). I am putting everything in for the TLX it seems. Just hope I am not disappointed.
Old 09-10-2013, 04:01 AM
Summer is Coming

Received 647 Likes on 373 Posts
I hear ya, I am thankful that it is not the tranny. I replaced that in the 80s, mainly due to old age. I am indeed thankful it is only

Leasing seems to be a "lifestyle" choice, not sure if I always want to have a payment, sure been nice not having a payment, but then again, I am not sure if I would like to have a new year, as I do love new

I am too hoping that it will be at the LA auto show, as I am in SoCal, I would go to see it. If I don't like it, I would just get something then during the holidays.

I have always wanted a BMW, but not sure about the resellability at the 3-4 year mark. Trying to do some research to see what sells better, but seems like that is just wasting money and not something I really like to do.

I have also driven the Q50 and love it, new tech in it is awesome, but dislike the trunk space, but might just go for it. There is also the issue with maple wood with the deluxe tech package, but might just deal with it. I like the alum siding better in the reg. I have always had acura, might want to try something new, but then don't want to regret when TLX blows us away (which I hope it does since Acura needs that badly). I am putting everything in for the TLX it seems. Just hope I am not disappointed.
You could go with a used car for a year or two while Acura straightens out the issues with the first year TLX. You won't take as big a depreciation on a used car and there are always some nice cars, a few years old coming off of leases prematurely that dealers want to get rid of.

You could go to one of those lease assumption web sites and assume someone else's lease. There are people on these sites that need to get out of their lease for whatever reason. You take over the payments and maybe it is only for a year or two and the lease is up and you buy the car you want.
Old 09-10-2013, 05:40 AM
6G TLX-S

The AWD RLX is expecting to be out this fall, and Acura still hasn't "autoshowed" that hybrid RLX.

Looks like the TLX will need even longer wait to be out.
Old 09-10-2013, 08:19 AM
JT4
CTSV,TL, Audi Q7 & A5SB

Received 599 Likes on 454 Posts
Originally Posted by KeithL
Hell no! If they wait that long they are nuts. At latest they need to show production version in Detroit in January with on sale date by April. By November all their competitors will have their new models on sale, CTS, CLA, IS, etc and people will be making decisions if there is no TLX at least shown, then they loose those people for 2-3 years if not longer.
Originally Posted by Edward'TLS
The AWD RLX is expecting to be out this fall, and Acura still hasn't "autoshowed" that hybrid RLX.

Looks like the TLX will need even longer wait to be out.

Keith I agree that the longer Acura waits the more damage they will cause themselves, but I think EdwardTLS hit the nail on the head.

Since the AWD RLX is expected to be out this fall I don't think Acura is going to show the TLX until the AWD RLX is out a while so not to cannibalize any potential RLX sales.

IMO I think a TLX unveil at the NY show in April is too far out, I think they may unveil it at the Detroit show in Jan and on sale by April.

BTW congrats on the Audi.
Old 09-10-2013, 10:55 AM
Racer

Received 234 Likes on 82 Posts
All,

Working for Acura I've gotten a chance to talk to the division sales rep and through him some people at Acura's HQ. The rumors we are hearing is that the current 4th generation TL will have a 2014 model year but production will only run for about 4-6 months, this model will have no changes from the 2013 model year. I would predict the TLX to arrive Q1 of 2014.

So far here is what we've heard. Keep in mind these are only grape vine rumors.

TLX Sedan Base 2.4L Earthdreams Direct Injection engine w/ 6at or CVT
TLX Sedan Tech Package 2.4L Earthdreams Direct Injection engine w/ 6at or CVT
TLX Sedan Advanced Package 2.4L Earthdreams Direct Injection engine w/ 6at or CVT

TLX SH-AWD Sedan Tech Package 3.5L Earthdreams DI V6 w/ DCT or 6at
TLX SH-AWD Sedan Advanced Package 3.5L Earthdreams DI V6 w/ DCT or 6at
or possibly
TLX eSH-AWD Sedan Tech Package 3.5L Earthdreams DI V6 hybrid w/ 6at, DCT, or CVT
TLX eSH-AWD Sedan Advanced Pkg 3.5L Earthdreams DI V6 hybrid w/ 6at, DCT, or CVT

These rumors have also been running around.

TLX Coupe SH-AWD Tech Package 3.5L Earthdreams DI V6 w/ 6at or DCT
TLX Coupe SH-AWD Adv Package 3.5L Earthdreams DI V6 w/ 6at or DCT

TLX Wagon FWD Tech Pkg 2.4L earthdreams DI I4 w/ 6at or CVT
TLX Wagon FWD Adv Pkg 2.4L Earthdreams DI I4 w/ 6at or CVT
TLX Wagon SH-AWD Tech pkg 3.5L Earthdreams DI V6 w/ 6at
TLX Wagon SH-AWD Adv Pkg 3.5L Earthdreams DI V6 w/ 6at

Sorry for getting so statistical but that's what we've heard as an Acura dealer.

Expect the following exterior colors:
White Diamond Pearl, Silver Moon, Graphite Luster Metallic, Crystal Black Pearl, Fathom Blue Pearl, and Basque Red Pearl 2.

Expect the following interior colors:
Ebony leather, Graystone leather, or Parchment leather

Trim breakdown

Base: - JewelEye LED headlights
8 speaker sound system
Blind Spot Information
Smart key access system for driver/passenger
The usual bells and whistles look at the RLX/MDX dash and it'll be very similar

Tech - HDD based navigation system with 10+ speakers ELS system
Smart key lock/unlock from all doors
Premium leather seats
Forward Collision Warning
Lane Departure Warning

Advanced - Adaptive Cruise Control
Lane Keep Assist System (might stay RLX/MDX exclusive)
Parking sensors Front/Rear
Ventilated seats
Some other little goodies

This is all speculation they could add much more or they could completely flop and ruin the TLX making it a cheap hunk of metal.
The following 11 users liked this post by Corey_Straker:
2011TL (09-10-2013), a35tl (09-11-2013), Gen4MDX (11-12-2013), hadokenuh (09-10-2013), Oswald Vater (09-11-2013), Rocket_man (09-10-2013), Ruby (09-12-2013), rx2010 (09-12-2013), TeamAcura (09-10-2013), TheOMan (09-10-2013), UNEVAKNO (09-10-2013) and 6 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 09-10-2013, 11:38 AM
2010 TL AWD 6MT: New King

Received 165 Likes on 104 Posts
/\ Wow, my brief thoughts:

1)TLX Wagon? This could be awesome, esp with the SH-AWD. As long as it doesn't look like a hearse! A 6MT TLX Wagon w/SH-AWD would be a gem! I would totally jump on this model.

2)As suspected, I thought that the TLX may lose the MT. Not sure I understand why, but if true, the 4G TL 6MT should increase in value and the mid size 6MT/AWD will become even more of a rarity.

Last edited by docboy; 09-10-2013 at 11:41 AM.
Old 09-10-2013, 12:01 PM
Burning Brakes

All those rumors and no mention of a 6MT...
Old 09-10-2013, 12:03 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 105 Likes on 74 Posts
Originally Posted by Corey_Straker
All,

or possibly
TLX eSH-AWD Sedan Tech Package 3.5L Earthdreams DI V6 hybrid w/ 6at, DCT, or CVT
TLX eSH-AWD Sedan Advanced Pkg 3.5L Earthdreams DI V6 hybrid w/ 6at, DCT, or CVT

This is all speculation they could add much more or they could completely flop and ruin the TLX making it a cheap hunk of metal.
The hybrid can't get here fast enough for me however the last sentence pretty much sums it up.
If they make it may have too many issues but I'd like to think the engineers will get it right.
I think the bigger concern is they may not have killed the people who designed and approved the 4G TL and didn't shorten it's lifespan soon enough so it could be a big steaming pile of poo.
Old 09-10-2013, 12:05 PM
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I see a distinct lack of a manual option. :/
Old 09-10-2013, 01:47 PM
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
No 6MT option would truly suck. If that ends up being true I guess I will be keeping this one for a long time.

Come on Acura.....build a 6MT AWD coupe TLX!
Old 09-10-2013, 02:59 PM
Suzuka Master

6AT, DCT, or CVT
Is this phrased because it's not certain or because its thought there will actually be three optional transmissions?

My guess?
If there is a NA 4 cylinder, it'll come only with the new CVT (same as the Hybrid). Also, high probability of a manual in the NA 4 cylinder (if offered).

The ED V6 comes with 6AT, and IF they make an eSH-AWD version, it'll get a DCT. However, based on the new MDX, I think the current SH system sticks around and, if so, I'm guessing there will be at least one version with a manual.
Old 09-10-2013, 03:25 PM
Pro

Received 82 Likes on 65 Posts
I hate the 2 screens in the MDX and RDX but I'm sure the TLX will get inherit that cheap looking crap.

Why not use one nice, high res touch screen?
Old 09-10-2013, 03:49 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 153 Likes on 125 Posts
Hmm if they use the current DI ED 2.4 found in the Accord, it will be 200hp moving a 3500lb car = slower than the Accord with possibly no fuel economy advantage. There is really no point if their DI V6 is already getting 30+mpg freeway (the RLX). Kind of like how Infiniti killed the G25 within a year of release because you'd lose more than 100hp for a 1, 2 mpg gain.

Other than that, everything else sounds great. Especially the TLX Coupe. I thought Acura would bring back a mid-size coupe right after they killed off the RSX but nothing until now.
Old 09-10-2013, 04:55 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by hadokenuh
Hmm if they use the current DI ED 2.4 found in the Accord, it will be 200hp moving a 3500lb car = slower than the Accord with possibly no fuel economy advantage. There is really no point if their DI V6 is already getting 30+mpg freeway (the RLX). Kind of like how Infiniti killed the G25 within a year of release because you'd lose more than 100hp for a 1, 2 mpg gain.

Other than that, everything else sounds great. Especially the TLX Coupe. I thought Acura would bring back a mid-size coupe right after they killed off the RSX but nothing until now.
The current Accord 4 cylinder weighs ~3100 in LX manual and the V-6 Touring is ~3500 with the 6AT. I think it's perfectly reasonable to expect the TLX to weight more in 4 cyl trim, but IMO, it won't hit 3500 lbs. Don't forget that at expected Acura price points, it's possible to offset added equipment weight with more aluminum or HSS in the unit body if necessary.
Old 09-10-2013, 05:05 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 740 Likes on 435 Posts
Originally Posted by JT4
Keith I agree that the longer Acura waits the more damage they will cause themselves, but I think EdwardTLS hit the nail on the head.

Since the AWD RLX is expected to be out this fall I don't think Acura is going to show the TLX until the AWD RLX is out a while so not to cannibalize any potential RLX sales.

IMO I think a TLX unveil at the NY show in April is too far out, I think they may unveil it at the Detroit show in Jan and on sale by April.

BTW congrats on the Audi.
Thanks on the congrats, but I really don't think holding the TLX to show off a low volume RLX hybrid will benefit them at all. The competition is in the TLX market segment and thinking highlighting the RLX hybrid will do anything for Acura now is pointless. Honestly a production ready NSX would do more for them, but again neither would do anything for broad sales or the bottom line.
Old 09-10-2013, 05:05 PM
Racer

Received 40 Likes on 33 Posts
Not that I buy into the above coupe/wagon and transmission options, but I do see Acura phasing out the manual transmission this time around. Sad, but this is the direction most companies are going now.
Old 09-10-2013, 05:20 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 153 Likes on 125 Posts
Originally Posted by Colin
The current Accord 4 cylinder weighs ~3100 in LX manual and the V-6 Touring is ~3500 with the 6AT. I think it's perfectly reasonable to expect the TLX to weight more in 4 cyl trim, but IMO, it won't hit 3500 lbs. Don't forget that at expected Acura price points, it's possible to offset added equipment weight with more aluminum or HSS in the unit body if necessary.
Yep, hopefully so. Seeing how the new MDX loses 275lbs, I can only expect they will do the same with the TL, if not more. I also hope they make the TLX as quiet as the new MDX. It will sell, now that the TSX is gone for good.

Personally, if the DI V6 gets 22city/32+hwy (vs. my guestimate 25/35 in the 4cyl), I'll get the V6 without thinking twice.
Old 09-10-2013, 06:56 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by hadokenuh
Yep, hopefully so. Seeing how the new MDX loses 275lbs
Indeed. The FWD MDX is a little over 4000 lbs. I'd hope that a TL would be more than 500 lighter! BUT also remember that the ILX is already 2900 but doesn't use a lot of real expensive materials so there is probably weight to be saved, at a price.
Old 09-10-2013, 08:57 PM
Drifting

Received 536 Likes on 302 Posts
So, based on the posted rumor, only a 4-cylinder engine with FWD? Hmm...
Old 09-10-2013, 09:04 PM
Drifting

Received 536 Likes on 302 Posts
The trunk space on the hybrid Q50 is a joke, but on the gas version, is alright (for me anyway). I'd wait to see if they fix all the software issues they're having with InTouch before I jump in on a purchase of the Q50. Too many lockups and incomplete features in that system for me to jump at near-MSRP pricing. They're supposed to be coming out with another update for the system to fix bugs later this month.
Old 09-10-2013, 09:54 PM
Summer is Coming

Received 647 Likes on 373 Posts
All,

Working for Acura I've gotten a chance to talk to the division sales rep and through him some people at Acura's HQ. The rumors we are hearing is that the current 4th generation TL will have a 2014 model year but production will only run for about 4-6 months, this model will have no changes from the 2013 model year. I would predict the TLX to arrive Q1 of 2014.

So far here is what we've heard. Keep in mind these are only grape vine rumors.

TLX Sedan Base 2.4L Earthdreams Direct Injection engine w/ 6at or CVT
TLX Sedan Tech Package 2.4L Earthdreams Direct Injection engine w/ 6at or CVT
TLX Sedan Advanced Package 2.4L Earthdreams Direct Injection engine w/ 6at or CVT

TLX SH-AWD Sedan Tech Package 3.5L Earthdreams DI V6 w/ DCT or 6at
TLX SH-AWD Sedan Advanced Package 3.5L Earthdreams DI V6 w/ DCT or 6at
or possibly

These rumors have also been running around.

TLX Coupe SH-AWD Tech Package 3.5L Earthdreams DI V6 w/ 6at or DCT
TLX Coupe SH-AWD Adv Package 3.5L Earthdreams DI V6 w/ 6at or DCT

TLX Wagon FWD Tech Pkg 2.4L earthdreams DI I4 w/ 6at or CVT
TLX Wagon FWD Adv Pkg 2.4L Earthdreams DI I4 w/ 6at or CVT
TLX Wagon SH-AWD Tech pkg 3.5L Earthdreams DI V6 w/ 6at
TLX Wagon SH-AWD Adv Pkg 3.5L Earthdreams DI V6 w/ 6at

Sorry for getting so statistical but that's what we've heard as an Acura dealer.

Expect the following exterior colors:
White Diamond Pearl, Silver Moon, Graphite Luster Metallic, Crystal Black Pearl, Fathom Blue Pearl, and Basque Red Pearl 2.

Expect the following interior colors:
Ebony leather, Graystone leather, or Parchment leather

Trim breakdown

Base: - JewelEye LED headlights
8 speaker sound system
Blind Spot Information
Smart key access system for driver/passenger
The usual bells and whistles look at the RLX/MDX dash and it'll be very similar

Tech - HDD based navigation system with 10+ speakers ELS system
Smart key lock/unlock from all doors
Premium leather seats
Forward Collision Warning
Lane Departure Warning

Advanced - Adaptive Cruise Control
Lane Keep Assist System (might stay RLX/MDX exclusive)
Parking sensors Front/Rear
Ventilated seats
Some other little goodies

Thanks Corey for the posts. If you have any sway with your buds at Acura please please please tell them have them leave in the folding rear seats. Kind a pet peeve with me, but we need usable trunk space. Other than that this car would have everything I need. Gives me a little spark of hope. Now I hope they just don't mess it up!

I wish Acura would offer a saddle leather. Grey, Black, Parchment... been there, done that. No imagination here.

Originally Posted by amill
Not that I buy into the above coupe/wagon and transmission options, but I do see Acura phasing out the manual transmission this time around. Sad, but this is the direction most companies are going now.
If you have a DCT you don't really need an MT. I agree this option is more and more for a small number of enthusiast... but many of them are here on A-zine. With a nice DCT there is less use for a manual and frankly it can shift faster anyway. You'd just slow it down trying to row your own.
The following users liked this post:
Corey_Straker (09-10-2013)
Old 09-10-2013, 10:53 PM
Racer

Received 234 Likes on 82 Posts
Originally Posted by Rocket_man
Thanks Corey for the posts. If you have any sway with your buds at Acura please please please tell them have them leave in the folding rear seats. Kind a pet peeve with me, but we need usable trunk space. Other than that this car would have everything I need. Gives me a little spark of hope. Now I hope they just don't mess it up!

I wish Acura would offer a saddle leather. Grey, Black, Parchment... been there, done that. No imagination here.

If you have a DCT you don't really need an MT. I agree this option is more and more for a small number of enthusiast... but many of them are here on A-zine. With a nice DCT there is less use for a manual and frankly it can shift faster anyway. You'd just slow it down trying to row your own.
That's the "idea". I would really like to meat the design team at acura and give them a good face and a long, in depth talk. I personally think they ruined the RLX and RDX. By doing this...

-No AWD option when it came out -LOST SO MANY CUSTOMERS-
-Stupid, poorly developed, slow, laggy, and problematic touch screen interface (I'll cover this later)
-No More stitched leather grab handles like in the RL
-No More opening door pockets / illumination here
-No More power closing rear headrests
-Same interior as the MDX with the exception of the heated/cooled seat controls

They did the same thing with the stupid RDX

-No locking center console (WHO DIDN'T LIKE THAT?!)
-Navigation/Audio system center that looks like it came out of an ILX (don't get me started)
-Looks like an overweight rhino
-No more turbo
-Not sporty in any remark
-Same stupid steering wheel in the ILX

Oh and anyone looking at buying an RLX unless it's a Advanced package steer clear for now. Our top salesman who has sold most of them has had a large amount of customers who need the whole HDD system replaced when they get a "HDD system failure, please contact dealer".

I hope they get it togeather and kick it into gear for the TLX, I fear they'll further drive their sales into the rock bottom low.
The following users liked this post:
Ant$ (09-28-2013)
Old 09-11-2013, 07:31 AM
6G TLX-S

If the TLX also gets the EarthDream 3.5L-V6-hybrid and eSH-AWD, then the RLX will certainly be doomed the exact same way as the 2G RL, which had been sharing the same propulsion hardware and technology as the 4G TL but cost many, many thousands $ more.

Also, good news for us AZ members for having 2 members (Colin and Corey_Straker) who are Acura dealers and can provide us with lots of valuable sales and pre-sales information on new Acura's.
Old 09-11-2013, 07:53 AM
JT4
CTSV,TL, Audi Q7 & A5SB

Received 599 Likes on 454 Posts
Originally Posted by KeithL
Thanks on the congrats, but I really don't think holding the TLX to show off a low volume RLX hybrid will benefit them at all. The competition is in the TLX market segment and thinking highlighting the RLX hybrid will do anything for Acura now is pointless. Honestly a production ready NSX would do more for them, but again neither would do anything for broad sales or the bottom line.
I once again agree with you but IMO I don't see Acura showing the RLX Hybrid and giving out info on the TLX too close together.

And yes, an NSX even in small numbers would do a lot for the brand and get Acura the attention it needs..

Look at Lexus, do any of of us think that the LFA was built to make a profit, it loses money on everyone it sells. It was built to make a statement and attract attention.
Old 09-11-2013, 08:25 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 383 Likes on 239 Posts
Originally Posted by Rocketsfan
So, based on the posted rumor, only a 4-cylinder engine with FWD? Hmm...
I found that interesting also. To get the 6 cylinder, one must get SH-AWD. I have a '12 TL Advance FWD now. I'm not open to a 4 cylinder at this point, so it looks like my first TLX will be an AWD version.

Quick Reply: When do you think the next gen TL (TLX) will be released?