Old 02-27-2013, 10:08 PM
Team Owner

Received 6,470 Likes on 5,162 Posts
Interested to see the liner in the car.
Old 03-03-2013, 11:54 AM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Weathertech Floorliner

Hi Carrie,welcome to Canada.I'm from Toronto and have been browsing your progression for a while now.

I do have the same awesome car that you have except for the tranny(had to compromise with the wife).......

I have had weathertechs for my cars....awesome investment.
They all fit perfectly on myprecius cars but.......

on the TL....the rear liners doesnt fit well where the middle hump is.I have wrikles on both side of the humps coming down to the floor.

It's freezing right now so I'm hoping it will soften by spring.Otherwise .......they fit nicely.

Btw....your car and so as many fine people in this club,
makes me love my car more and more.

At the top of my list for loving it is that it's RARE.

All the best.
Old 03-11-2013, 09:08 AM
10th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by CarrieLynn
I replaced the cabin air filter yesterday, this is what it looked like next to the new one. Im at about 60k miles btw...

If anyone is looking for instructions on how to do this its very simple - Remove everything from your glove box. Pull out on the shelf that is in there. You don't have to pull too hard it should come out pretty easily. Once the shelf is out you will see the the plastic piece that holds the air filter and the two little tabs that release it. Just put the new filter in exactly the same way the old one came out. The shelf snaps right back in and you are done!

I also got a weathertech trunk liner, the thing is AMAZING!! Its a million times better than the one acura makes. Im going to be getting the weathertech floor mats for inside the car as well. I have the acura all season mats now but they don't even compare to the weathertech ones. Ill post a pic when I get them but for now here is a pic of the trunk liner. I put it in and it fits perfectly.

Thanks for posting your feedback on the trunk liners. I've always used weather techs on all of my cars, but only the floor liners. I was on the fence as to whether to purchase the cargo liner as I had read that there were fitment issues. Thanks for confirming that there are none!
Old 03-22-2013, 06:38 PM
Safety Car

Received 57 Likes on 35 Posts
wow, lots of stuff to catch up on here....sorry for the wait guys.

Originally Posted by weather
Carrie....I enjoyed looking at those snow pictures from that storm in Mtl. As you know, being on the east coast, we get similar storms (if not even worse) so this raises the question...WHY MOVE UP HERE? *lol* In any event, good luck with your decision on whether to stay in Canada or head back down south, but are you originally Canadian? Just curious...
No, I'm American I moved here for a number of reasons, one of which was NOT the snow...lol. Its not that bad though, I got myself a good set of snow tires and have not had any issues at all. Although if I am still here next winter I will raise the car up a tad more.

Originally Posted by Treblig
Thanks Lynn. Regarding the WeatherTech trunk liner, are there any holes provided for the trunk floor tie-down hooks?
There are no holes.

Originally Posted by sympley
To name a few:
- Can not open the trunk with the starter/alarm remote, have to use my hand or the factory keyfob... not end of the world but annoying
- Car shuts off when you open/disarm the doors. I new that one in advance, also not end of the world but a bit annoying
- Slow response time between the starter/alarm remote and the actual 600AS Module. Can take up to 3 to 4 tries to get the rear or passenger door open.

And the best of all......when using hand brake the engine shuts off. I hope they can find a way around this for you but for me this a safety issue. This is only on the 6 speed manual,automatics have no issue. Whenever you pull a hand brake, the engine will shut off. So if you pull over for a moment to take a call, or jump in a store/coffee shop, or emergency stop on a shoulder engine will shut off once you release the handbrake, or after 2 minutes which ever comes first. It is a safety feature designed for manual transmissions but I don't think it supposed to work like that. I had starters before on manual transmissions and it did not shut off the car. The shop that installed it blame it on the start button ignition but they did put in a bybass and all that stuff. I wish you luck and finding a shop that knows how to do the install well. It definitely is a convenience. Keep us posted on how yours works once you get it installed.
The person that was going to install it for me is a friend and coworker of mine. He has a lot of experience with alarms and remote starts but now you are making me nervous. In all honesty if I start having those issues I will take the remote starter out, its not worth the aggravation. All I really need is an alarm and Im pretty sure I can install that myself

Originally Posted by karlito
Carrie I have a question about your suspension. I read that you were fully slammed on your coil overs. Do you have any rear suspension issues? Did you have to modify anything? I ask because I'm going air and I was told there would be issues slamming the car due to the the pivot that the rear diff sits on. The diff being a clutch based diff doesn't allow for play within the rear axle. Just wanted to know if you haven encountered any issues? I also have a SH
hi! yes I was maxed out on the tein SS coils. I did not have any issues and I did not modify anything at all. I added a rear camber kit but that was all. A friend of mine just installed an accuair system on his 4G TL and Id be happy to put you in touch with him to discuss it. If you want to pm me your email address that would be great. He did not have any problems that I know of. Id like to be on air next summer as well, good luck!

Originally Posted by Steven Bell
Interested to see the liner in the car.
Sorry for the delay, Ill post a pic up this weekend. I need to clean the trunk out anyways

Originally Posted by irischloealeck
Hi Carrie,welcome to Canada.I'm from Toronto and have been browsing your progression for a while now.

I do have the same awesome car that you have except for the tranny(had to compromise with the wife).......

I have had weathertechs for my cars....awesome investment.
They all fit perfectly on myprecius cars but.......

on the TL....the rear liners doesnt fit well where the middle hump is.I have wrikles on both side of the humps coming down to the floor.

It's freezing right now so I'm hoping it will soften by spring.Otherwise .......they fit nicely.

Btw....your car and so as many fine people in this club,
makes me love my car more and more.

At the top of my list for loving it is that it's RARE.

All the best.
Thanks yes shes a rare one.
I probably wont get the weathertechs for the rear. I normally don't have anyone in my backseat...lol. I have the acura all season mats now so Id probably just keep those in the rear and get the weathertechs for the front. They aren't cheap but they are worth every penny, they are amazing mats!!
Old 04-02-2013, 01:51 PM
Safety Car

time for a new pic???

repainted the front grille, its a gunmetal color but when the sun hits it its iridescent, the rear trim piece matches
Old 04-02-2013, 07:10 PM
Pro

Received 82 Likes on 73 Posts
Nice color on that grill. Is that a custom color or like a dupicolor?
Old 04-02-2013, 10:40 PM
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Carrie can you take more pics of the grille. I would like to see the side profile . I'm still debating if or if not I should paint the entire grille white.
Old 04-03-2013, 07:52 AM
Scott

Received 156 Likes on 151 Posts
Nice pic CarrieLynn.........................Are you really missing your 3G?
Old 04-03-2013, 08:11 AM
Chapter Leader (South Florida Region)

Received 19,986 Likes on 14,496 Posts
You're stingy with your pictures.
I want more.

It looks awesome, what you did post.
Old 04-04-2013, 04:50 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Matts_Acura
Nice color on that grill. Is that a custom color or like a dupicolor?
I had the paint specifically matched to my Vossen wheels. I have the paint code from Vossen, if anyone needs it just PM me.

I put a special paint over it to get the iridescent look. Its called DupliColor Effex.

Originally Posted by el.profe
Carrie can you take more pics of the grille. I would like to see the side profile . I'm still debating if or if not I should paint the entire grille white.
Sure can but you are going to have to wait till after the weekend lol sorry. My car is staying at the shop until its done. I just finished painting my calipers and Im letting them dry overnight. I need to mount my tires then balance and install the vossens, I wont get to that till this weekend. Ill put some pics up for you Sunday or Monday

Originally Posted by LawnPro
Nice pic CarrieLynn.........................Are you really missing your 3G?
Yes, I think about her every day. Nobody will ever love her the way I did. We spent so much time together, I cant believe I let her go

Originally Posted by rockstar143
You're stingy with your pictures.
I want more.

It looks awesome, what you did post.
Soon, I promise
Old 04-04-2013, 09:31 PM
Team Owner

As in "one" new pic.....singular pic?
Old 04-08-2013, 01:24 PM
Safety Car

ok i finally got around to mounting and balancing my new tires so I could put the vossens back on, but I ran into a problem. Last year I was running Hankooks but this year I am running Kumhos, the tires are the same size (kind of). Since the sizes on tires are not universal I believe the Kumhos are a bit wider than the Hankooks. It appears I am running less of a stretch and I am rubbing a LOT in the rear. FML So I have to decide if I want to run a little camber or I want to raise the car up a little. Honestly I really don't want to do either but I really do not see a choice in the matter. Lowered car problems......

I was going to address this issue tonight after work so I brought a change of clothes but apparently I was not smart enough to bring different shoes I may have to wait till tomorrow.

Anyways I snapped a few pics of the filthy car to put up for now. Please excuse the lack of tire shine, the tires are new. Ill put some better ones up as soon as I fix my rubbing issue and clean the car.

This first pic is for Alex, if you want more pics of the grille just text me.

and yes, those are purple lugnuts
The following users liked this post:
el.profe (04-08-2013)
Old 04-08-2013, 06:25 PM
Pro

Received 94 Likes on 91 Posts
Damn, looks good!
Old 04-08-2013, 06:46 PM

Gorgeous...where did you buy from? Why not just swap brands or drop back 10mm on rear tire width
Old 04-08-2013, 09:04 PM
Safety Car

Received 148 Likes on 99 Posts
My car was hitting the tab that holds the bumper and rear fender together in the rear wheel well area. Have you trimmed that down? If not you need too and this would fix your issue I bet.
Old 04-09-2013, 10:30 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by rockstar143
Gorgeous...where did you buy from? Why not just swap brands or drop back 10mm on rear tire width
I work at a shop so I got them from one of our tire vendors I would swap brands or size but the tires are brand new lol I just paid for them so Im gonna run them. When I had the falkens they fit perfectly so when I ordered the kumhos in the same size I had no reason to believe there would be that much of a difference. Like I said.....lowered car problems lol, Im not really surprised.

Originally Posted by pimpin-tl
My car was hitting the tab that holds the bumper and rear fender together in the rear wheel well area. Have you trimmed that down? If not you need too and this would fix your issue I bet.
I havent checked yet, Ive only driven the car to starbucks and back
Thanks for the tip though, Ill check tonight after work.
Old 04-09-2013, 07:40 PM
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Gorgeous nose...gonna do that to my WDP 2010. Painted the calipers red last weekend. Looks awesome. Also got some black/silver 18s. Great contrast. I'll post picks once the weather warms up. Thanks for the pics and ideas.
Dd
Old 04-09-2013, 08:01 PM
Drifting

Received 554 Likes on 387 Posts
Looks amazing! I wouldn't change a thing.
Old 04-09-2013, 11:18 PM
Scott

I actually like how the new purple lugnuts add a little color to the wheels...........
Old 04-10-2013, 07:51 PM
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Enjoying my new wheels and calipers...find the Sumitomo HTRZ-3 to be quiet, smooth and much better riding than even my snow tires....mileage seems to be about the same.

My son got me to go with the black rims....good contrast with the calipers.

Old 04-10-2013, 08:07 PM
Banned

Received 78 Likes on 73 Posts
wheels--><-- your TL.

Old 04-11-2013, 10:08 AM
Racer

Received 29 Likes on 29 Posts
CarrieLynn I love what you've done to the car!!! Especially the front Grille... i really like it
Old 04-11-2013, 07:29 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by diamondmit
Gorgeous nose...gonna do that to my WDP 2010. Painted the calipers red last weekend. Looks awesome. Also got some black/silver 18s. Great contrast. I'll post picks once the weather warms up. Thanks for the pics and ideas.
Dd
IMO the 18's are a tad too small for the 4G.....its a VERY big car. My calipers were red when I bought the car used and I didn't like them I just thought that red calipers didn't suit a TL. I painted them black so they blend in a little more. The only time I want my calipers to stand out is if i have a BBK. That's just my though

Originally Posted by ucf_bronco
Looks amazing! I wouldn't change a thing.
Thanks!

Originally Posted by LawnPro
I actually like how the new purple lugnuts add a little color to the wheels...........

Originally Posted by vivmike
wheels--><-- your TL.

me?

Originally Posted by manutd
CarrieLynn I love what you've done to the car!!! Especially the front Grille... i really like it
Thanks!
Old 04-11-2013, 09:13 PM
Banned

Received 78 Likes on 73 Posts
Not you. The random dude that just posted pics of his car for no reason.

Your TL is perfect.
The following users liked this post:
CarrieLynn (04-12-2013)
Old 04-13-2013, 12:27 AM
Team Owner

Carrie, I really like what you've done! Keep up the good work.
Old 04-13-2013, 05:37 AM

I understand the tire issue all too well...either way, looking great
Old 05-05-2013, 01:58 PM
Safety Car

time for more pics!

The shop I work for hosted an open house yesterday. Here are a few pics of Tiara Lynn at the event

shes tucked behind my friends bagged wrx in this pic....

full set of event pics are here http://qnr.ca/media-gallery/photos/p...pen-house-bbq/
Old 05-05-2013, 03:03 PM
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Nice to see the car again! Still a beauty, also how are the lugs holding up?
Old 05-05-2013, 03:29 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 850 Likes on 673 Posts
Old 05-05-2013, 06:14 PM

Received 1,021 Likes on 793 Posts
nice!

but gotta do something about that rusty hub and rotor
Old 05-05-2013, 06:26 PM
Drifting

Received 218 Likes on 174 Posts
Originally Posted by potmilkz
nice!

Take a look at XLR8 rotors if you are thinking about doing so. Tiara Lynn is looking good by the way!
Old 05-05-2013, 08:02 PM
Drifting

Received 672 Likes on 542 Posts
Originally Posted by Treblig
Take a look at XLR8 rotors if you are thinking about doing so. Tiara Lynn is looking good by the way!
Really nice but such a beauty needs the BBK....... lol
Old 05-05-2013, 08:25 PM
Safety Car

I knew someone was gonna call me on the rust lol. Its really not as bad as it looks in the pic. Ive been meaning to hit it with some sand paper.

Here is a few more

Last edited by CarrieLynn; 05-05-2013 at 08:32 PM.
Old 05-05-2013, 09:05 PM
Team Owner

Looks like a fun event.

I like the new shots!
Old 05-05-2013, 09:57 PM
Scott

^^^ +1 on all the photos.
Old 05-06-2013, 07:41 AM
Pro

Received 82 Likes on 73 Posts
Originally Posted by potmilkz
nice!

Lol was going to say the same thing. Its one of those things that's easy to overlook.

Great looking car either way!
Old 05-06-2013, 09:59 AM
takin care of Business in

Received 4,732 Likes on 4,064 Posts
Great pix Carrie....
Old 05-06-2013, 04:59 PM
Safety Car

thanks guys

I know i was talking about weathertechs awhile back. I got the trunk liner but not the mats.....well i just ordered the mats

I probably wont use them in the summer but if anyone is interested in seeing the fitment Ill put up a few pics tomorrow when I get them. A few friends have them and these damn mats are just amazing. The acura all season mats don't even compare to them...
Old 05-13-2013, 10:36 AM
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
thank you

thanks for all the info... looking to do some familiar things and this thread has definitely saved me some time and $

may i ask what your current tire set up is.. brand and confirm 255/35/20?
also... +42 offset right? not +45

Old 05-13-2013, 11:04 AM
Registered Member

Received 385 Likes on 234 Posts
Carrie u gotta change your location to Canadian you ain't from CT no more BTW your car looks good

Quick Reply: CarrieLynn's 2010 6MT SH-AWD TL Progression Thread