AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   4G TL Photograph Gallery (https://acurazine.com/forums/4g-tl-photograph-gallery-296/)
-   -   CarrieLynn's 2010 6MT SH-AWD TL Progression Thread (https://acurazine.com/forums/4g-tl-photograph-gallery-296/carrielynns-2010-6mt-sh-awd-tl-progression-thread-858649/)

CarrieLynn 05-29-2012 12:18 AM

CarrieLynn's 2010 6MT SH-AWD TL Progression Thread

So Ive had my 2010 SH-AWD TL a little over 6mths, I suppose its time I made a build thread :tomato:

Ill make a long story short and catch everyone up quickly.

In October of 2011 I bought the 4g with about 20k on it, it was kind of an accident but that is beside the point lol. I have one of the rare WDP/taupe awd 6spd's and I am in love with her.
I'm sure most of you remember my 04 AM TL....she was sold last week :cry: Up until that point I did own both cars. I didn't sell the 3g immediately because it took me awhile to actually convince myself to let her go. I also needed to develop the same emotional attachment with my 4g that I had with my 3g (yes i am aware i have issues).

I'll admit I wasn't fully in love with this car until I started to mod it. IMO Acura failed on the design of the front of the car and also failed on the choice of stock tires. The awd 6spd is an amazing vehicle and paired with my aggressive driving habits I feel very unsafe on the stock tires. I am currently in the process of addressing both issues, the tires and the grille.

Mods so far are as follows:
Takeda SRI
P2R TB spacer
rv6 long tube j-pipe
rv6 high flow PCD's
Tein SS
Ingalls Rear Camber Kit
Hoen 3000k fogs
V-LED switchbacks & resistors
Black housed headlights
Rear trunk trim piece is painted gunmetal
All stock bulbs were replaced with LED's
The window tint and the a-spec kit were already on the car when I purchased it.

I just purchased the EDFC system and I'm ordering some wheels this week :D
I also switched over to the GM Synchromesh fluid and it made a HUGE difference.

The front grille is a work in progress as you can see in some of the pics. I have plasti-dipped the middle part of it black and a good friend of mine JMillerUA6, is currently colormatching the outside part of it for me. Ill post pics when its done and Ill post some wheel updates soon as well.

PICS!!

First I must say goodbye to my 3g. I love her so much it was hard to let her go but I'm confident her new owner will take good care of her
http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk4/C-Rod_57/TL1.jpg

Here's a pic from coilover install day!
http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/k...43796503_n.jpg

A few randoms...
http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/k...38737841_n.jpg

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/k...59396282_n.jpg

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/k...11346892_n.jpg

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/k...582953_n-1.jpg

This is my 4g with JMillerUA6's 3g
http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/k...70111689_n.jpg

suros10 05-29-2012 02:46 AM

Gorgeous WDP. Can't wait to see her with the new wheels on.

KarKraze 05-29-2012 04:43 AM

WDP 6Mt,that's a winning combo right there,your car looks really good :thumbsup:.

aspecallday 05-29-2012 08:32 AM

Nice start with mods, car is headed in the right direction.

i love how low it looks on the stocks

LawnPro 05-29-2012 06:32 PM

Wow very nice list of mods for your 2010, already lookin sweet! I had a 3G before as well and you will grow to love your 4G at least as much as your 3G. Looking forward to more pics.

arch1981 05-29-2012 08:39 PM

Car looks great so far!

How low did you go on the coilovers? I am putting mine in this week. I just picked them up yesterday!!

CarrieLynn 05-29-2012 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by arch1981 (Post 13806774)
Car looks great so far!

How low did you go on the coilovers? I am putting mine in this week. I just picked them up yesterday!!

Thanks!

These are as low as they go. Now that Its fully settled I feel like the front is a little higher than the rear. My two options are raising the rear up a little which I really do not want to do OR taking apart the fronts and removing a collar.
Im still debating what to do, the difference isnt that noticeable but its bothering me now.

djtanveer 05-29-2012 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by CarrieLynn (Post 13806793)
Thanks!

These are as low as they go. Now that Its fully settled I feel like the front is a little higher than the rear. My two options are raising the rear up a little which I really do not want to do OR taking apart the fronts and removing a collar.
Im still debating what to do, the difference isnt that noticeable but its bothering me now.

I removed collars all around and it gives you a lot more control with the ride height. Im one of those people who like to tuck a little bit of tire so thats why i removed them.:thumbsup:

Steven Bell 05-29-2012 11:27 PM

Carrie-I was wondering where you've been! I can't believe it, but congrats on your new ride!

arch1981 05-30-2012 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by djtanveer (Post 13806897)
I removed collars all around and it gives you a lot more control with the ride height. Im one of those people who like to tuck a little bit of tire so thats why i removed them.:thumbsup:

Is there anything else that removing the collar does? i.e. stability in handling or anything? Mine are going in Saturday, so I want to make sure I do it right the 1st time :)

(My only problem is it's FWD.....and I hate the rims!)

djtanveer 05-30-2012 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by arch1981 (Post 13808123)
Is there anything else that removing the collar does? i.e. stability in handling or anything? Mine are going in Saturday, so I want to make sure I do it right the 1st time :)

(My only problem is it's FWD.....and I hate the rims!)

\\

When you remove the second collar there is more risk for the single collar to spin and change your setting because the 2 collars lock against each other to stay in place.. since im as low as i can go with the collar removed i had nothing to worry about. it really depends on how comfortable you are when driving super low.:thumbsup:

arch1981 05-30-2012 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by djtanveer (Post 13808363)
\\

When you remove the second collar there is more risk for the single collar to spin and change your setting because the 2 collars lock against each other to stay in place.. since im as low as i can go with the collar removed i had nothing to worry about. it really depends on how comfortable you are when driving super low.:thumbsup:

Ok, I get it! I will lower it and keep the collar first, then go back and change it if I want it lower.

Did you have any issues with it when you were on the stock rims, without that second collar?

Ag Surfer 05-31-2012 05:19 PM

Lookin good. Would love to see some more pics!

HeartTLs 06-01-2012 03:58 PM

Carrie am I mistaken or was this 4G previously owned by Justin (jnc2000)?

CarrieLynn 06-01-2012 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by Steven Bell (Post 13807110)
Carrie-I was wondering where you've been! I can't believe it, but congrats on your new ride!

I'm baaaaack :D
and thanks!

Originally Posted by HeartTLs (Post 13813482)
Carrie am I mistaken or was this 4G previously owned by Justin (jnc2000)?

You are correct my friend, is the 6spd that Justin owned :)

Majofo 06-10-2012 10:55 PM

Carrie.. :wave:

Welcome back you greedy biddy. :biggrin:

Nice 4G!

FYAH TL 06-11-2012 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by CarrieLynn (Post 13806793)
Thanks!

last year i removed the collar on the TEIN SS to try it and the car got real bouncy in the front over bumps. The extra lowered on the 10KG springs i guess cause it... After a week of trial i put the collars back on.

You have another option which is to get shorter TEIN springs that is compatible with the TEIN SS coilover. The springs are about 1 and a half inch shorter and allow for a more aggressive drop in the front.
In my thread there's pictures of the difference in the springs.
BTW it wasn't much of a change in the ride quality after switching to shorter springs but the car can now be drop so much lower.

Ruserious 06-11-2012 02:04 PM

Nice pics!! I think i'm gonna pull the trigger on a 2012 pretty soon !!!

CarrieLynn 06-11-2012 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by Majofo (Post 13831921)
Carrie.. :wave:

Welcome back you greedy biddy. :biggrin:

Nice 4G!

Originally Posted by Ruserious (Post 13833163)
Nice pics!! I think i'm gonna pull the trigger on a 2012 pretty soon !!!

Randy...Ill trade you for the G for a week :tongue:

crazyasiantl 06-11-2012 05:06 PM

congrats

car looks great :thumbsup:

Ruserious 06-12-2012 02:21 AM

Originally Posted by CarrieLynn (Post 13833483)

Randy...Ill trade you for the G for a week :tongue:

Idk how i'd feel driving around a tl with "her6mt" plates LOL... By the way whats up with Ohio plates?

BackinBlackTL 06-12-2012 11:14 AM

dont think that beak looks right painted black, sorry. ive seen a wdp with color matched grille and it dulls it down a little better....suspension looks sick tho

CarrieLynn 06-13-2012 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by Ruserious (Post 13834481)
Idk how i'd feel driving around a tl with "her6mt" plates LOL... By the way whats up with Ohio plates?

you know the deal with the ohio plates...lol

CarrieLynn 06-13-2012 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by BackinBlackTL (Post 13835276)
dont think that beak looks right painted black, sorry. ive seen a wdp with color matched grille and it dulls it down a little better....suspension looks sick tho

Ive seen a colormatched grille and it doesnt do it for me...looks too plain. The grille is a work in progress, its not done yet :) give it some time. Ill post more pics when its done.

LawnPro 06-13-2012 10:02 PM

The grille looks ok black, also looks good WDP..... whatever you like. Cant wait to see the finished grille.! :popcorn:

AcuraTL 06-14-2012 02:10 AM

Nice WDP.

jusrushem 06-14-2012 08:16 AM

Nice job on the car!! Hope mines comes out like yours.

Acura2010 06-14-2012 12:09 PM

Beautiful car.....IMO though....i think it's too low. If it were raised a little, it would be perfect. As for the Grill, i maybe the only one who still likes the stock beak. I actually like it better than my 2012. Looks meaner, the only reason i got rid of my 2010 SH-AWD was because i wanted the 6mt tech, and the black colour was driving me nuts. Loving my 12 6MT Tech. But still kinda like the "beak" better.

Teddybear 06-14-2012 01:22 PM

i've always wondered how the shield would look blacked out on my wdp!

CarrieLynn 07-09-2012 05:51 PM

New wheels!

Just one pic for now ;)

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/k...7-06183811.jpg

sdelia 07-09-2012 06:14 PM

Looks great! What did you do to fit the 10.5" all around?

CarrieLynn 07-09-2012 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by sdelia (Post 13893154)
Looks great! What did you do to fit the 10.5" all around?

:yes:

purextc 07-09-2012 07:00 PM

Wow that looks awesome! Love the wheels!

B.G. 07-09-2012 07:21 PM

Looks sick man. I'm contemplating running 10.5 all around. What tire size you runnin? Did you have to roll the fronts as well?

rockstar143 07-09-2012 08:14 PM

Hey, I remember you...now that I think about it, I did notice I hadn't seen you on in a long time. Congrats on the WDP. Looking great! Did you pick up AndyC's wheels? I could have sworn he got them and listed them for sale already. They are perfection on that car.

I had my RSX for a month while I owned the TL...I know the feeling, needed to feel emotionally ready too. Even then, it's still like an ex...all you remember were the good times etc...:) BUT while I had both I drove the TL all the time.

FYAH, nice tip with the shorter springs tip...I couldn't fathom being any lower than the TEIN SS go...I already scrape plenty now. Plus, if the 4G sits like the 3...the rear will tuck a little more than the front but the bottom of the car will still have a SLIGHT rake to it. If you try and match your rear tuck to the front, you'll end up with a jacked up ass.

Steven Bell 07-09-2012 09:55 PM

Very nice Carrie. Looks like a tight fit in back!

Mr Marco 07-09-2012 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by CarrieLynn (Post 13893117)
New wheels!

Just one pic for now ;)

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/k...7-06183811.jpg

Complete rediculousness. This is an example of a tire that has been forced to fit on a rim that is too big. Not only are you making the car slower (with that heavy rim), but you are risking the tire falling in on itself in a hard corner. Any deviation from the recommended size for your particular rim will have a negative impact at some point.

It looks really cool, but it is so dangerous.

CL, this is for looks only. Please drive carefully.

Majofo 07-09-2012 10:55 PM

:clap:

CarrieLynn 07-09-2012 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by B.G. (Post 13893249)
Looks sick man. I'm contemplating running 10.5 all around. What tire size you runnin? Did you have to roll the fronts as well?

ummmm im not a man :what:
but yes, 10.5 all around 255/35/20. I have to roll rear, front clears fine and my coilovers are as low as they go.

Originally Posted by rockstar143 (Post 13893343)
Hey, I remember you...now that I think about it, I did notice I hadn't seen you on in a long time. Congrats on the WDP. Looking great! Did you pick up AndyC's wheels? I could have sworn he got them and listed them for sale already. They are perfection on that car.

I had my RSX for a month while I owned the TL...I know the feeling, needed to feel emotionally ready too. Even then, it's still like an ex...all you remember were the good times etc...:) BUT while I had both I drove the TL all the time.

FYAH, nice tip with the shorter springs tip...I couldn't fathom being any lower than the TEIN SS go...I already scrape plenty now. Plus, if the 4G sits like the 3...the rear will tuck a little more than the front but the bottom of the car will still have a SLIGHT rake to it. If you try and match your rear tuck to the front, you'll end up with a jacked up ass.

:wave: no, these arent andys and lol at him selling them already

Originally Posted by Steven Bell (Post 13893528)
Very nice Carrie. Looks like a tight fit in back!

Thanks, yeah i had to raise her up an inch to get them on lol. Fender rolling very soon :)

Originally Posted by Mr Marco (Post 13893542)
Complete rediculousness. This is an example of a tire that has been forced to fit on a rim that is too big. Not only are you making the car slower (with that heavy rim), but you are risking the tire falling in on itself in a hard corner. Any deviation from the recommended size for your particular rim will have a negative impact at some point.

It looks really cool, but it is so dangerous.

CL, this is for looks only. Please drive carefully.

I appreciate your concern but I am 100% aware of the risks of running a stretched tire.
As far as making the car slower is concerned ill just say this. Instead of buying the 4g I would have bought a used NSX or s2k if i was trying to build a fast car. The awd 6spd is quick enough for me :thumbsup:

ANDYCHULOSKI09 07-10-2012 12:45 AM

Looks good your my hi offset Twin