2009 TL Pictures? ***NEW PICS ON PAGE 44***

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2008, 01:14 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by iforyou
they should really shrink the grille by like 20%..lol...

or just enough so the top of the grill lines up with the headlights
Old 09-03-2008, 02:09 AM
Honda Fanboy

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by I Go To Costco
I see, so you think Acura's sales are more important than how many features it has.... interesting perspective. I personally don't hold any shares of Honda stock, so I honestly don't care how the TL sells nor do I see how it has anything to do with anyone's interest in it. I don't see why anyone would want a car just because it sells more than other cars. I'd actually prefer the opposite, if I were a new car buyer I'd want everyone to think "wow, what is that?" instead of "wow, I just saw 10 of those in the past 5 minutes!" which, sadly, has become the case for the TL. Props to Honda.... but I honestly don't care.
I don't care how the TL sells. However, you were the one that said that the lack of options on the new TL will hurt it in the end. Other than sales, how else could the TL be hurt? I was basically responding to your comment by showing you how the 3rd gen TL wasn't affected by a lack of updates/options because sales were always good. So you are really contradicting yourself. First you say the TL needs options that the competition has so that it will sell well, and now your saying you want the car to be exclusive. Which one is it? The TL is a $35K car, it will never be exclusive. Buy a Maybach if you want exclusivity.

RWD? Really? Where is your source from? There were several rumors, going back to 2007 and even before then, that the next Acura TL (the 4G TL) would be RWD. That rumor eventually became, the next Acura TL will be on a RWD-biased AWD platform. THEN it became what it is now.... the new Acura TL will have a 90/10 front/rear bias during regular driving. We'll see.... I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.
The only notable feature that the TL lacks are cooled seats. Acura has stated that this new 4th generation TL is NOT an example of what they consider a tier one car. If the TL has pretty much EVERYTHING the competition does, what else could Acura do to make the next TL tier one? They can't do ANYTHING else other than to put it on a RWD platform and stick a high-performance engine in there. I don't recall reading any rumors about the new TL being RWD. Any rumors that may have existed most likely came from sources like MotorAuthority or Left Lane News. If you believe what they have to say, then I'm sorry. It's one thing to believe rumors. It is another thing to read a press release FROM Acura and intelligently interpreting what their next step will be.

Also, you forgot to mention that the 2009 FX37 weighs over 150 lbs more than the 2008 FX35, thus the lower EPA ratings. The 2009 FX37 also had an increase in displacement and was tuned to make more horsepower, at the expense of a bit less torque, both of which usually end up decreasing fuel economy. Also, DOHC engines usually use more gas than comparable SOHC engines do, not to mention that the Nissan VQ engine is even older than the J-series.
So your telling me that a 150lb increase is enough to cause the drop in mileage even with the additions of TWO extra driving gears? I'm not hear to argue about Infiniti. Clearly, Infiniti didn't put the use of a 7th speed transmission to a more sensible use.

So what you're saying is you would settle for 17/25 when Acura is easily capable of even more. Imagine if they were able to successfully implement direct injection into their engines, AND have a 6 or 7-speed automatic. They would easily have class leading fuel economy.
Well, since the car that gets the best mileage in this class is only 1 mpg better than the TL SH-AWD, I wouldn't consider that settling for 17/25. It's excellent for what it is. I already know Acura's potential. When they do debut new engines and transmissions, they will lead the fuel economy ratings.

And someone already mentioned, there are still plenty of other FWD vehicles in Honda/Acura's lineup. No wait, scratch that.... EVERY single current production car in their entire lineup uses FWD, aside from the S2000 and the RL. Argue all you want but the only thing you're doing is making excuses for Honda's poor product planning/management. If they had a DI 3.7L V6 with a 7-speed automatic transmission, and exterior design that actually looked decent, they would easily outperform their competitors in terms of performance.
If Acura gave the transmission to Honda, then what would separate the two brands? Honda and Acura already have identity issues as it is. We don't need the same exact drivetrain in both cars to further increase the issue. Don't get me wrong, it is a very good point, one that I didn't immediately think of. However, Right now Acura needs to do as much as it can to separate itself from Honda.
Old 09-04-2008, 12:45 AM
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
well, after all
we all appreciate this car for bringing up 2nd and 3rd gen TLs become more exclusive and higher used car sale value... lol
goes same with the TSXs....
they literally fxxxed up the 2nd gen TSX and 4th gen TLs.
Old 09-04-2008, 02:10 AM
Acuras Only in

It looks like there are quite a few 3G TLers here ... LOL ...

But I have to be honest here: I will keep my TL for a few more years 'cuz the 09 TL looks suspecious on the front grill & downright ugly from the back .... glad I got the type-s last year & a bit envy on the SH_AWD model with 305 HP ... but you can't have everything with this kind of car ....
Old 09-04-2008, 09:31 AM
2019 RDX Tech SH-AWD

Received 26 Likes on 7 Posts
When considering the purchase of the new TL, it will still come down to price and value. The 3G has been popular because of the combination of great value, resale and good looks. If the reaction to the exterior styling slows sales, Acura will have to address it. Since the 09 TL will be priced very close to the 08 TL it will be even a better value since it is loaded with advanced features and handling improvements. I can't look into the future and see the sales numbers for the new TL 6 months from now, it has a very different look and may or may not pay off for Acura.
Old 09-04-2008, 02:31 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 170 Likes on 102 Posts
Originally Posted by iforyou
they should really shrink the grille by like 20%..lol...
I agree...if they must have the "beak", they should have implemented the type of beak on the TSX and align the headlamps so it doesn't look so ominous...(a quick & dirty PS job)

Old 09-04-2008, 03:22 PM
Instructor

^^^ I think that grill looks 100% better than the one they have now. You should send that pic to the designers.
Old 09-04-2008, 03:43 PM

Received 3,489 Likes on 2,089 Posts
Originally Posted by VTEC Racer
I don't care how the TL sells. However, you were the one that said that the lack of options on the new TL will hurt it in the end. Other than sales, how else could the TL be hurt? I was basically responding to your comment by showing you how the 3rd gen TL wasn't affected by a lack of updates/options because sales were always good. So you are really contradicting yourself. First you say the TL needs options that the competition has so that it will sell well, and now your saying you want the car to be exclusive. Which one is it? The TL is a $35K car, it will never be exclusive. Buy a Maybach if you want exclusivity.
I never said the lack of options will hurt it sales-wise. I said in my opinion, when looking at features that cars in that market segment offer, the TL has quite a bit less, and IF I were looking at cars in that segment, the TL wouldn't be at the top of my list. I've never ever mentioned the TL's sales being affected by its options, where are you getting this from? I look at everything as if I were a prospective buyer, with my tastes and desires in mind. The lack of features are hurting its chances with me, as a buyer. Even if it did catch my attention, I would only be one unit sold, so I don't see how that holds any real relevance to sales.

I also never mentioned exclusivity, I just don't want my car to blend in and become synonymous with the ordinary commuter crowd like the Accord has. I'd just prefer my car to be less common than more common.

The only notable feature that the TL lacks are cooled seats. Acura has stated that this new 4th generation TL is NOT an example of what they consider a tier one car. If the TL has pretty much EVERYTHING the competition does, what else could Acura do to make the next TL tier one? They can't do ANYTHING else other than to put it on a RWD platform and stick a high-performance engine in there. I don't recall reading any rumors about the new TL being RWD. Any rumors that may have existed most likely came from sources like MotorAuthority or Left Lane News. If you believe what they have to say, then I'm sorry. It's one thing to believe rumors. It is another thing to read a press release FROM Acura and intelligently interpreting what their next step will be.
Don't you frequent the Off-Topic Automotive News section on AZ? There's an entire thread dedicated to Acura TL news, apparently you missed out on a few dozen or so pages of people discussing RWD as a possibility, with a few links to articles about it also. Who said I believed any of the rumors? I never hold my breath with anything, especially if it involves Acura, RWD, and V8 in the same sentence.

Despite how cynical I come off as, you honestly think I really would put faith in a rumor that a TL would have RWD and a V8?

So your telling me that a 150lb increase is enough to cause the drop in mileage even with the additions of TWO extra driving gears? I'm not hear to argue about Infiniti. Clearly, Infiniti didn't put the use of a 7th speed transmission to a more sensible use.
Clearly you didn't get my point, despite acknowledging it later in your post (see bolded):

Well, since the car that gets the best mileage in this class is only 1 mpg better than the TL SH-AWD, I wouldn't consider that settling for 17/25. It's excellent for what it is. I already know Acura's potential. When they do debut new engines and transmissions, they will lead the fuel economy ratings.
If I didn't make it clear enough, that was exactly what I meant.

If Acura gave the transmission to Honda, then what would separate the two brands? Honda and Acura already have identity issues as it is. We don't need the same exact drivetrain in both cars to further increase the issue. Don't get me wrong, it is a very good point, one that I didn't immediately think of. However, Right now Acura needs to do as much as it can to separate itself from Honda.
I don't see how a single transmission would affect brand identity. Most people don't even know that Honda makes its own transmissions, let alone even worry that their new TL is going to have the same 5-speed auto that their 09 Accord V6 did. What separates a brand from its lesser counterpart, IMO, is the exterior styling, engine choices, interior, NVH, overall driving feel, etc.
Old 09-04-2008, 03:46 PM
Advanced

[QUOTE=Type34;9960623]I agree...if they must have the "beak", they should have implemented the type of beak on the TSX and align the headlamps so it doesn't look so ominous...(a quick & dirty PS job)

Perfect rendition of what the MMC should look like!

Old 09-04-2008, 07:44 PM
You'll Never Walk Alone

Received 846 Likes on 526 Posts
Originally Posted by Type34
I agree...if they must have the "beak", they should have implemented the type of beak on the TSX and align the headlamps so it doesn't look so ominous...(a quick & dirty PS job)

Wow, that's amazing..that actually looks quite decent. Great job!
Old 09-04-2008, 08:12 PM
Racer

I like that a lot!!! That may be what I do to modify the grill. Just have the body shop paint it like that.
Old 09-04-2008, 10:08 PM
2019 RDX Tech SH-AWD

Received 26 Likes on 7 Posts
I never said the lack of options will hurt it sales-wise. I said in my opinion, when looking at features that cars in that market segment offer, the TL has quite a bit less, and IF I were looking at cars in that segment, the TL wouldn't be at the top of my list. I've never ever mentioned the TL's sales being affected by its options, where are you getting this from? I look at everything as if I were a prospective buyer, with my tastes and desires in mind. The lack of features are hurting its chances with me, as a buyer. Even if it did catch my attention, I would only be one unit sold, so I don't see how that holds any real relevance to sales.

I also never mentioned exclusivity, I just don't want my car to blend in and become synonymous with the ordinary commuter crowd like the Accord has. I'd just prefer my car to be less common than more common.

Don't you frequent the Off-Topic Automotive News section on AZ? There's an entire thread dedicated to Acura TL news, apparently you missed out on a few dozen or so pages of people discussing RWD as a possibility, with a few links to articles about it also. Who said I believed any of the rumors? I never hold my breath with anything, especially if it involves Acura, RWD, and V8 in the same sentence.

Despite how cynical I come off as, you honestly think I really would put faith in a rumor that a TL would have RWD and a V8?

Clearly you didn't get my point, despite acknowledging it later in your post (see bolded):

If I didn't make it clear enough, that was exactly what I meant.

I don't see how a single transmission would affect brand identity. Most people don't even know that Honda makes its own transmissions, let alone even worry that their new TL is going to have the same 5-speed auto that their 09 Accord V6 did. What separates a brand from its lesser counterpart, IMO, is the exterior styling, engine choices, interior, NVH, overall driving feel, etc.
Your are sucking all the oxygen out of the room. You drive a Camaro, how much design work went into that?
Old 09-04-2008, 10:25 PM
Honda Fanboy

Here is exactly what you said:
Acura is missing several options and features that other manufacturers have, and that will hurt them
Uhh, if you didn't mean that it will hurt them sales wise, then how else could it hurt them? Even if you DID mean it will just hurt Acura's chances of selling YOU a car, that's still one sale lost. Please explain to me what you mean by that then.

You do realize that you are saying you want your car to be more exclusive, your are just not using the word exclusive. Do you even know what exclusive means?

Like I already said, there is a big difference between reading an article from LeftLaneNews and coming up with a conclusion and reading an ACURA PRESS RELEASE and coming up with a conclusion. I base my conclusions on ACURA PRESS RELEASES, not a worthless article that volunteers write.

Seems like you missed my point also. 150lbs is not enough to warrant a LOSS of fuel economy when you are using an engine that is more efficient than the previous and a transmission with two extra forward gears.

So I guess your okay with Acura having the same 5sp as the Accord. You are contradicting yourself here like no another. Make a decision already.
Old 09-04-2008, 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by stevesTL
Your are sucking all the oxygen out of the room. You drive a Camaro, how much design work went into that?
What a great counterpoint! You have clearly nothing better to say, so you criticize my choice in automobiles.

It suits what I'm looking for perfectly. Not sure why you pointed that out..... but if you have to ask, a TL is way beyond my age range.... its not quite as fun to drive as I initially thought it was, torque steer is pretty lame, and FWD burnouts aren't fun at all. It's also pretty hard to pitch a TL sideways into a corner.

I've owned it for almost a year and plan to keep it longer, which speaks volumes when it comes to someone like me.... I want to ditch a car usually in under a year despite nothing being wrong with it/me actually liking the car.

If you have any other questions, PM me.... I don't want to bring this anymore off topic.
Old 09-04-2008, 10:51 PM

Here is exactly what you said:

Uhh, if you didn't mean that it will hurt them sales wise, then how else could it hurt them? Even if you DID mean it will just hurt Acura's chances of selling YOU a car, that's still one sale lost. Please explain to me what you mean by that then.
I already told you, I don't care whether Acura sells 200 TLs in 2009 or 20,000. How else can I describe a lack of features in the TL? Even if I did imply sales, it was unintentional, hardly explicit, and I still don't care about unit sales.

You're losing sight of the topic at hand, which is the 4G TL. Enough with trying to proofread my writing... the omission of some features in the TL isn't going to increase its desirability at all.

I can't make this any clearer to you.

You do realize that you are saying you want your car to be more exclusive, your are just not using the word exclusive. Do you even know what exclusive means?

You said, if I want exclusivity, buy a Maybach. I took it as tongue-in-cheek.... do you think anyone here can afford a Maybach? And furthermore, if you just walked out of the dealership, got done with all the financing on your new 09 TL, would you be excited about seeing 10 other brand new 09 TLs down the street on the way home, after you just went to a dealership full of them?

You're takin this waaaaay out of context. FYI, exclusive and [less] common are used to describe the same thing, but they don't mean the same thing. Do "small" and "microscopic" mean the same thing? No. Does common and nearly extinct mean the same thing? No.

Like I already said, there is a big difference between reading an article from LeftLaneNews and coming up with a conclusion and reading an ACURA PRESS RELEASE and coming up with a conclusion. I base my conclusions on ACURA PRESS RELEASES, not a worthless article that volunteers write.
Well, good for you! Show me an Acura press release that says Acura is going to come out with a RWD platform. or a V8. I prefer to also consider neutral journalism, instead of a highly biased article like an Acura press release. When have you ever read an Acura press release that was negative towards its own models?

Seems like you missed my point also. 150lbs is not enough to warrant a LOSS of fuel economy when you are using an engine that is more efficient than the previous and a transmission with two extra forward gears.
So you're implying that a 5-speed transmission would generally be better than a 7-speed transmission economy-wise? You still don't get my point.

My point to begin with was that a 7-speed transmission will result in better fuel economy and performance, that's it. Then you brought up the FX37 (with a 7-speed auto) compared to the FX35 (5AT, which gets better fuel economy) for some strange reason. Are you trying to imply that a 5-speed would be better?

So I guess your okay with Acura having the same 5sp as the Accord. You are contradicting yourself here like no another. Make a decision already.
I was only referring to the 5-speed transmission as far as brand identity, which you brought up. I've never put faith in Acura's 5-speed automatics, nor have I ever approved of them, period, let alone being in the TL. Have you even read my posts? A lot of people have been pushing for a 6-speed automatic in the TL, myself included.... and it has NOTHING to do with brand identity.... got it?

YOU are contradicting yourself.
Old 09-04-2008, 10:58 PM
Honda Fanboy

Costco, you have no leg to stand on. I won't even bother to quote your response because it's like arguing with a dead person. No matter what I do, I will never be able to get my point across to you. However, your lack of support from others in this thread says everything. Now go out there and drift that RWD Camaro of yours, whether it be on accident or on purpose. If there was ever a car that was the pinnacle of design and features, the Camaro was certainly it!

Last edited by VTEC Racer; 09-04-2008 at 11:01 PM.
Old 09-05-2008, 03:06 PM

Costco, you have no leg to stand on. I won't even bother to quote your response because it's like arguing with a dead person. No matter what I do, I will never be able to get my point across to you. However, your lack of support from others in this thread says everything. Now go out there and drift that RWD Camaro of yours, whether it be on accident or on purpose. If there was ever a car that was the pinnacle of design and features, the Camaro was certainly it!
Yeah, everyone in this thread agrees with you, its so obvious. I've never seen this many people give you the thumbs up before, its amazing! You have no argument, at least not one that's valid, which is why you're giving up... the only thing you know how to do overanalyze my posts and nitpick my choice of words and assume things as a result, when the message is clear.

Guess what, I can be clever too when I have nothing valuable to add. How's this.....

Enjoy your bowling ball trim and your infinite number of features available standard. Let me know how that bulletproof Acura 5-speed auto holds up! I hope that when you floor it and the torque steer rears its ugly head, or you understeer into a corner, you can be reminded of Acura's Tier 1 status, with its RWD and V8 power.
Old 09-05-2008, 03:26 PM
One on the right for me

Received 271 Likes on 173 Posts
Holy god it is ugly. First time seeing pictures today. I'm sticking with the 04.
Old 09-06-2008, 01:53 PM
Burning Brakes

The TL has always been a good looking car from every angle, but this 2009 TL is.... eh...ummm... I really don't know what to make of this car. It's not that ugly, but its not all that attractive either. Maybe it just has to grow on me.

Last edited by GalantT3; 09-06-2008 at 01:57 PM.
Old 09-06-2008, 04:13 PM
Racer

I just can't help it. Stare at the front and you see a smiley face with the headlights as the eyes and the A symbol as the nose. Try it. LOL LOL
Old 09-06-2008, 04:26 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,012 Likes on 567 Posts
Originally Posted by Peters
I just can't help it. Stare at the front and you see a smiley face with the headlights as the eyes and the A symbol as the nose. Try it. LOL LOL
I see that more in the new RL, but every car has 'two eyes' and 'mouth' BTW, did you have a chance to check out some of the comments I linked back to from 2003 (in another thread)? It's actually funny to see that people were complaining that the '04 TL didn't have cooled seats way back then.
Old 09-06-2008, 09:08 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Colin
I see that more in the new RL, but every car has 'two eyes' and 'mouth' BTW, did you have a chance to check out some of the comments I linked back to from 2003 (in another thread)? It's actually funny to see that people were complaining that the '04 TL didn't have cooled seats way back then.
I don't get you. if people don't like the car, so what. The car is fugly. i was'nt on acurazine when the 04's came out . But when the 04's came i was like damn . Now the 09 is neqr its like damn . They also came out with things that no one had. Now everything the tl has now has already been on the market. Sorry to bust your bubble, the car sucks. I hope I like it better when I see one but its not looking good. If people hate this car so be it. I myself will be jumping ship or just keep my car.
Old 09-06-2008, 09:30 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,012 Likes on 567 Posts
Originally Posted by kobi2002
i was'nt on acurazine when the 04's came out
Well then go back and look at posts in 2003, especially in the month prior to the release of the car. You'll see the same comments 5 years ago and now 'everybody' loves the old design. I am amused.
Old 09-07-2008, 08:13 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by Colin
Well then go back and look at posts in 2003, especially in the month prior to the release of the car. You'll see the same comments 5 years ago and now 'everybody' loves the old design. I am amused.
We shall see. But a car that reminds me of a toyota camry, sorry it is not happenin
Old 09-07-2008, 01:36 PM
Honda Fanboy

Yeah, everyone in this thread agrees with you, its so obvious. I've never seen this many people give you the thumbs up before, its amazing! You have no argument, at least not one that's valid, which is why you're giving up... the only thing you know how to do overanalyze my posts and nitpick my choice of words and assume things as a result, when the message is clear.

Guess what, I can be clever too when I have nothing valuable to add. How's this.....

Enjoy your bowling ball trim and your infinite number of features available standard. Let me know how that bulletproof Acura 5-speed auto holds up! I hope that when you floor it and the torque steer rears its ugly head, or you understeer into a corner, you can be reminded of Acura's Tier 1 status, with its RWD and V8 power.
I thought you said you can be clever too? Still waiting...

I'm not debating with you anymore because it is impossible to debate with someone who thinks saying
I'd just prefer my car to be less common than more common.
is any different from saying you want your car to be exclusive.
Old 09-10-2008, 05:15 PM
07typeS

Originally Posted by Peters
I just said just about the same thing on another thread LOL - your right.
Old 09-11-2008, 05:03 AM
Sǝxy Timǝ in my

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Be patients my sons! Release date is almost here!

BTW, I love my current TL.
Old 09-11-2008, 11:49 AM
CL6
My only car is a Bus

Here's a house possibly inspired by the new TL!

Just kidding.
Old 09-11-2008, 12:21 PM
FIGHTING ILLINI

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by SelimUniNoLimit
Be patients my sons! Release date is almost here!
Old 09-11-2008, 07:06 PM
Sǝxy Timǝ in my

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by CL6

Just kidding.

Haha..that's awesome! If you look closely from the front you could actually see a "smiley" face

Last edited by smsTL; 09-11-2008 at 07:08 PM.
Old 09-11-2008, 08:11 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 740 Likes on 435 Posts
Damn you Acura! you'll drive more sales to Infiniti G37 and I'll have a harder time getting a good deal on a G37 Sedan now as all the ex-TL owners flock to the competition.... ;-)
Old 09-12-2008, 12:50 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
im predicting the future:

*acura releases its newest generation of TLs*

1 week later

*acura files for a chapter 11*

another week after

*the 3G TLs become rare and demand increases rapidly. now they are worth more than NSX's*

lolllll
Old 09-12-2008, 12:15 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by CL6

Just kidding.
Wow! Art Osborn lost his job with Honda is trying his hands at architecture?!

I can definitely see the fusion of "keen edge dynamic" and emotion in this house!

The 4G TL will feel right at home in the garage here!

Old 09-12-2008, 01:44 PM
Instructor

Question Thanks Type34... great job,

Originally Posted by Type34

Great job Type34. Just what I wanted to see... (not so adept with photoshop...). I always thought that if the hood of the new 09 TL came up to the edge of the headlights (as in the new RL and TSX) it might just take away from the "clunkiness" of that new power plenum front design Acura seems so intent on foisting on us.

Looks much better in you PS version. And as someone else posted, send that to the designers. Or, perhaps RonJon might be able to do a fitment piece that would allow for that particular look.

How do all the nay sayers feel about this revised front end?

Gord.
Old 09-12-2008, 02:25 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by TL42

How do all the nay sayers feel about this revised front end?

Gord.
Its 1000 x better, but it doesnt exist
Old 09-12-2008, 10:47 PM
2004 TSX NAV 5AT MSM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I saw a 2009 TL in person for the first time today. I was at a Starbucks on Sawmill Rd in Columbus, Ohio and one drove by in the parking lot. It was silver as I recall. I wasn't too surprised to see one since this is only 20 miles from Marysville, OH where I assume they are making them.
Old 09-13-2008, 12:14 PM
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by GalantT3

The TL has always been a good looking car from every angle, but this 2009 TL is.... eh...ummm... I really don't know what to make of this car. It's not that ugly, but its not all that attractive either. Maybe it just has to grow on me.
it may be the lighting in the pics, but it looks like the bumpers don't match
Old 09-13-2008, 01:38 PM
Intermediate

The smaller grill imo would not look good with the hump on the fender; they know what they're doing. The big grill flows with the aggressive hump and looks in place with everything else. Acura is making their statement and it sure is drumming up alot of sentiment both pro and con. Just think how bad it would be if they were being ignored and nobody cared one way or the other. The haters will either warm up to the new look or move on; the others, new to Acura, will happily plunk down their money and enjoy the new car, thus becoming a new fan of the new look.
Remember when the Corvette changed its look in the mid 1960's or how about the Toyota Supra in the late 1980's. All cars eventually change. I welcome the change and have the attitude of "bring it on". If the new car turns me off when I see it in person I won't own it, simple as that. But the car hasn't even been released yet, so i'm keeping an open mind.
Old 09-13-2008, 02:25 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by EVOLICARUS
it may be the lighting in the pics, but it looks like the bumpers don't match
Um...that's been a known issue with Acura's paint quality!
Some say other brands also has that issue. BTAIM, it don't
look right!
Old 09-13-2008, 07:46 PM
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Ikko
Um...that's been a known issue with Acura's paint quality!
Some say other brands also has that issue. BTAIM, it don't
look right!
this would almost be enough for me not to buy... i would've thought they would fix this issue by now.

Quick Reply: 2009 TL Pictures? ***NEW PICS ON PAGE 44***