2009 TL Pictures? ***NEW PICS ON PAGE 44***

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2008, 02:38 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 194 Likes on 151 Posts
Originally Posted by Bearcat94
I hope so too, but all we've got is the history so far. I have not seen/heard anything that hints at improved Drive-Train effeiciency with this new model.

The rated output is "mis-leading" given the loss to the wheels. If those number stayed with the "traditional" 17% DT loss, they'd be GREAT!

I just don't see Acura deploying new SH-AWD capability in the TL. If they had it, they would've deployed it in the RL MMY Refresh or in the MDX.

My and worth exactly what you paid for it.

yea i was just dreaming about the drivetrain loss. The #s are very misleading. We'll get sum better specs in a month tho.

Originally Posted by csmeance
The new 09 RL I drove was a lot more peppier than the old RL I drove, probably due to the bigger motor, but SH-AWD was revised for the 2009 RL, the SH-AWD can vector torque in the first two gears now and is more RWD biased than the MDX/RDX/old rl.

Look, the 3.7 is maxed out at it's power, push it harder and it's going to have a shorter life. Acura pushed 10 more HP by retuning it. I'd be that they dropped Tq in order to get that more HP.

Also SH-AWD is stupid crazy with driveterrain loss. Honda's loose about 18% with FWD or RWD, but with AWD, they loose 33%.

the only thing that may help the new TL is an all aluminum frame and body parts to cut down on weight.

Just to sum it up, the new TL SHAWD will be slower than the current TL, but the base FWD may be a little faster than the current TL-S
Just to comment on what i put in bold. I seriously doubt the 3.7 is maxed out. They could get another 50-60 HP out of that motor im sure, Just my

the more i thnk about the 2nd comment i highlighted tho. The more i agree with u
Old 07-15-2008, 03:02 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 7,770 Likes on 4,341 Posts
The new 09 RL I drove was a lot more peppier than the old RL I drove, probably due to the bigger motor, but SH-AWD was revised for the 2009 RL, the SH-AWD can vector torque in the first two gears now and is more RWD biased than the MDX/RDX/old rl.

Look, the 3.7 is maxed out at it's power, push it harder and it's going to have a shorter life. Acura pushed 10 more HP by retuning it. I'd be that they dropped Tq in order to get that more HP.

Also SH-AWD is stupid crazy with driveterrain loss. Honda's loose about 18% with FWD or RWD, but with AWD, they loose 33%.

the only thing that may help the new TL is an all aluminum frame and body parts to cut down on weight.

Just to sum it up, the new TL SHAWD will be slower than the current TL, but the base FWD may be a little faster than the current TL-S

Thanks. I did not know that SH-AWD was "re-tuned" in '09 RL update.
Old 07-15-2008, 03:41 PM
A-spec steering wheel ftw

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
i'm just extremely happy that the light retains the overall shape of the 3G. the new TSX lights are okay, but i would be really disappointed if they were on the 4G .

and stop photoshopping 3G a-spec to the 4G; if you want a hint at what direction they are going at, just check out the new TSX A-spec; i have a great feeling that the A-spec version of the 4G will blow our minds away.

i've also learned my lesson, i am definitely waiting until 1-2 years in the production cycle before i buy the 4G ....haha i was so dumb to run out to buy the 3G so soon, the only upside was i think my dealer said i was one of the first full a-specs running around town ~ the down side is the later model 3Gs really were improved quite a bit

oh yea! and man was i right about calling out TL-design for the 4G to be very similar to the RJ front?!

and now that we have a pretty decent pic of the car, can the photoshop junkies take the color codes from the previous page and give us line up of what each one looks like?

NBP (dont know the new name) looks good, SSM will also look good, the new anthracite color will also look great; with the grill design, i'm not sure if WDP will look good on the 4G ~ let's hear y'alls opinions!
Old 07-15-2008, 04:00 PM
2007 TL Type-S

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by albeik
Spied: Interior Shot

Source: http://www.leftlanenews.com/wp-conte...90&idg=1&idi=1

hmm.. No Start/Stop button?! Screen way too far to support Touch-Screen... Otherwise looks very Acura-ic! :P
IIRC, all of the new Acura models will use that ridiculous knob for the GPS, etc.; no more touch-screen. That's disappointing, because I absolutely hate the knob types. I also dislike the way the 4G has a "hood" over the screen on the dash, like the MDX. Bleh.
Old 07-15-2008, 04:18 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 169 Likes on 101 Posts
Originally Posted by YoungCeo
Old a-spec rims?

I actually love the current A-Spec wheels...and think they look great even on the new model. I can't bring myself to PS anything else on there

And yes, the interior looks very MDX-ish...although I'm still not a fan of Acura moving away from touch-screen nav, the center stack looks promising.
Old 07-15-2008, 04:21 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,613 Likes on 2,193 Posts
That interior is PIMP at first glance. Me likey!

Bearcat, thanks for linking to my dyno. SH-AWD seems a lot inefficient. I'd love to see a dyno for the SH-AWD TL.

The first person on this board with a SH-AWD TL had BETTER dyno that fscker STAT or I'll personally them.
Old 07-15-2008, 04:25 PM
FIGHTING ILLINI

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by NTP66
... I also dislike the way the 4G has a "hood" over the screen on the dash, like the MDX. Bleh.
they need the hood over the screen...it's to improve readability. Moving the screen higher up improves the safety as it's more at the road/eye level.
Old 07-15-2008, 04:31 PM
2007 TL Type-S

Originally Posted by RSA_Secure
they need the hood over the screen...it's to improve readability. Moving the screen higher up improves the safety as it's more at the road/eye level.
I know why they need it. I just think that, aesthetically, it looks awful. As for the eye level thing, that's a moot point for me. I'm used to where the screen is located in my TL-S. You're still taking your eyes off the road to look at the screen, regardless of where it's placed in the center console.
Old 07-15-2008, 04:34 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,003 Likes on 1,423 Posts
I know why they need it. I just think that, aesthetically, it looks awful. As for the eye level thing, that's a moot point for me. I'm used to where the screen is located in my TL-S. You're still taking your eyes off the road to look at the screen, regardless of where it's placed in the center console.
Well the way it's set in the RL and MDX looks good, but the RDX and TSX look the RL and MDX have interiors that look a lot more upscale. The RDX and TSX look like some one took an interior out of an accord and said BAM!
Old 07-15-2008, 04:37 PM
2007 TL Type-S

Well the way it's set in the RL and MDX looks good, but the RDX and TSX look the RL and MDX have interiors that look a lot more upscale. The RDX and TSX look like some one took an interior out of an accord and said BAM!
That's sort of why I want to see a high-quality "official" shot of the interior. I'm really not a fan of any of the new interiors, so I'm curious to see what they're doing with the TL.
Old 07-15-2008, 05:15 PM
AZ Community Team

Moved the image to imageshack (couldn't edit my post):

Yes it is a *very* simialr look to the MDX (moreso than the RL, IMHO).

MDX Interior, similar angle: http://www.acura.com/index.aspx?init...e:image|num:13
Old 07-15-2008, 05:20 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Looks like its going to have floating gauges similar to the new TSX as well
Old 07-15-2008, 05:45 PM
'10 Hyundai Genesis Coupe

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by JoeyASPEC
I don't like it. The JJABER / csmeance photoshop I do like, however. After seeing a (projected) unmasked front and disliking the overall shape of the rear, I don't see myself visiting the Acura dealership when my current TL lease is up in the Fall. This is not all due to the redesign, though. I want my next car to be very sporty, while being luxurious @ the same time. So, I'm going after a BMW M3 or an Audi S5.

If I were going for a sedan, even though I dislike the look of the TL in print, I would still take a gander at it. When the TSX photos were released, I found the car hideous... and when I saw it in person I was like [ i still do not LIKE the TSX, as i never have, but it looks MUCH better in person than in photos ]

Yeah, I'm sure seeing the real deal will change a lot of people's minds, for the better or worse.
Old 07-15-2008, 05:49 PM
'10 Hyundai Genesis Coupe

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by neuronbob
That interior is PIMP at first glance. Me likey!

Bearcat, thanks for linking to my dyno. SH-AWD seems a lot inefficient. I'd love to see a dyno for the SH-AWD TL.

The first person on this board with a SH-AWD TL had BETTER dyno that fscker STAT or I'll personally them.

If you want to place bets on it now, I've got $10 saying that the SH-AWD TL will dyno at 240awhp (that's all-wheel horsepower), I'm sure if they removed the rear and dyno'd the front wheels exclusively it would be 260'ish.
Old 07-15-2008, 06:07 PM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MDX, RL, MAX and GS mix all together and what do you have? 2009 TL. sigh....
Old 07-15-2008, 07:01 PM
aTLien

man im really disappointed with the interior pics from what it looks like. no push start and no touch screen navi, i thought that was one of the highlights vs the mdx
Old 07-15-2008, 07:35 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 740 Likes on 435 Posts
Spied: Interior Shot

Source: http://www.leftlanenews.com/wp-conte...90&idg=1&idi=1

hmm.. No Start/Stop button?! Screen way too far to support Touch-Screen... Otherwise looks very Acura-ic! :P
This interior shot confimrs my 08 Type-S will be the last TL I own for some time, look close and you'll see a key and keychain on the column, come on I can get Push To Start in a Sentra, but not a $40K Acura? Also that Navi himp looks too utilitarian liek the MDX and you can see those cheapo gray buttuns at the top of the controls in the center stack. This is not what I expect from a $40K car.
Old 07-15-2008, 07:58 PM
AZ Community Team

Originally Posted by KeithL
This interior shot confimrs my 08 Type-S will be the last TL I own for some time, look close and you'll see a key and keychain on the column, come on I can get Push To Start in a Sentra, but not a $40K Acura? Also that Navi himp looks too utilitarian liek the MDX and you can see those cheapo gray buttuns at the top of the controls in the center stack. This is not what I expect from a $40K car.

Why I remember back in the old days, you had to lock your own doors, turn off your own lights and roll down your own windows.

Whipper-Snappers.

Old 07-15-2008, 08:21 PM
Superman

Nice edits around that single release picture. I especially dig the exotic colors and extreme rice-boyish decorations. While the new design is different, it's not necessarily better - and those wheel arches are higher than a hippie stoner right after his fifth joint in a row.

Anyone feel like photochopping them down for our viewing pleasure?
Old 07-15-2008, 09:05 PM
A Black TL

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Man this interior center console is all cheap and plastic, still no push start. I think the 08 tl will be my last acura. I think im gunna get an infitini.
Old 07-15-2008, 09:27 PM
Instructor

I think that this is the non tech-model, that is why there is no keyless start....cos in the other spy pics, there was a button on the door handle...which is common on cars with keyless start.
Old 07-15-2008, 09:28 PM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Am I the only one here who hates having stuff in their pockets, especially keys. When driving loaners or my ole lady's car, keys in my pocket are very annoying. Push Start is a nice option, but I probably still put my key in the ignition. I just don't see the big deal with push button start. I would rather have better paint, power tilt and telescoping steering wheel, heads up display, and better leather just to name a few.
Old 07-15-2008, 09:48 PM
'06 750Li Sapphire/Creme

Originally Posted by Mansa24
Am I the only one here who hates having stuff in their pockets, especially keys. When driving loaners or my ole lady's car, keys in my pocket are very annoying. Push Start is a nice option, but I probably still put my key in the ignition. I just don't see the big deal with push button start. I would rather have better paint, power tilt and telescoping steering wheel, heads up display, and better leather just to name a few.
Well, if you don't like things in your pocket you should be an EXCELLENT candidate for a keyless start. There is NO KEY. Just a card...
Old 07-15-2008, 09:52 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by DavidJuch

The new design definitely looks more bulkier. I think 2009 TL will be even more distinctive on the street. The design trend at this time of all new cars is to make the front aggressive and "fat". Look at the concept cars: they all have that "fat" front.

The 09 looks sexier to me, IMHO.
Old 07-15-2008, 09:58 PM
FIGHTING ILLINI

I am with you...I would prefer touch screen and center console Navi any day of the week.
Old 07-15-2008, 10:39 PM
A Black TL

Touch screen sucks, gets the screen to dirty. I like to keep mine clean. And the head up display is much better. But i think acura navigations suck compared to other navs. U cant do much but find places on the acura nav. Infinite navs are really nice.
Old 07-15-2008, 10:52 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
While my '05 TL 6MT was at the dealer for four days (fixing clutch pedal clicking noise under warranty), I was able to drive an '09 TSX with Tech. One thing I really disliked was the plastic cover screen over the navigation screen. At certain angles with the sunlight, it was very difficult to see with all the glare on the plastic. I sure hope the '09 TL doesn't go in the same direction.
Old 07-15-2008, 11:11 PM
A Black TL

All of those navs have that glare.
Old 07-15-2008, 11:34 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Type34
Thought I'd keep the Photoshop fire burning with my rendition of the '09 A-Spec...I agree that the grille trim should be body color and I prefer the "shield" to be a little lower...

Nice grill!
Old 07-15-2008, 11:42 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TL|GTX
All of those navs have that glare.
Not on my '05 TL navigation screen.
Old 07-15-2008, 11:45 PM
Senior Moderator

new interior spypic !

jk'ing....just my gettho 2 minute chop

and here's my review of the 4G TL pics so far:
from what I see in these pictures, this is my opinion of the new TL:

The exterior, the lower grilles look funky, but with a little modding, they should look fine. The exterior lines are nice and sharp, it separates itself from the crowd. The front end looks OK, its not like I'm in love with it like I was with the 3G Tl. The rear of the car from the pictures looks OK as well, atleast for most of it. As soon as you pass the lower reflector's its all downhill. The tips and their openings look horrible, like someone wanted so save on plastic and be able to use the exhaust tip as a shovel.

The interior is horrible, that just stops me from buying the car. From that one picture, I can see the center stack no longer luxurious. It's like the TSX, it protrudes from the front and then stops at the bottom with a cubby hole. It doesn't flow nor surround you like the RL or MDX. The switches on the sides look like they were borrowed from the new CTS and placed higher.

Just to sum it up, and no offense to TSX owners, but the TSX and RDX are cheap, crappy interiors. Acura tried to mix the CTS side switches with a TSX radio layout with the MDX guages and possibly the steeringwheel. as jjabber said, the MDX is the nicest interior, and I agree, but when you add the other junk to it the TL interior is runied

From what I can see, the new TL isn't in my future. But I'll give acura a chance and see if they can get their act together and somehow make the intierior upscale and "cockpit" like.
Old 07-15-2008, 11:54 PM
Senior Moderator

Thought I'd keep the Photoshop fire burning with my rendition of the '09 A-Spec...I agree that the grille trim should be body color and I prefer the "shield" to be a little lower...
I made this chop using the JJaber one, TYPE 34 one and the csmeance one:
Old 07-16-2008, 12:49 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 169 Likes on 101 Posts
Originally Posted by TL|GTX
Touch screen sucks, gets the screen to dirty. I like to keep mine clean. And the head up display is much better. But i think acura navigations suck compared to other navs. U cant do much but find places on the acura nav. Infinite navs are really nice.
I can't disagree with this more. Every other nav I've encountered is subpar to the Acura touch-screen nav. I was very disappointed to see Acura followed BMW, Audi, etc. with the dial-centric nav. The ease of the touch-screen nav is one of the main reasons my wife and I will have our 2006 MDX and 2008 TSX for many years to come.

As far as getting dirty, we keep a small micro-fiber towel in the glove boxes and wipe 'em down every few days...they stay clean no problem.
Old 07-16-2008, 12:59 AM
Senior Moderator

I can't disagree with this more. Every other nav I've encountered is subpar to the Acura touch-screen nav. I was very disappointed to see Acura followed BMW, Audi, etc. with the dial-centric nav. The ease of the touch-screen nav is one of the main reasons my wife and I will have our 2006 MDX and 2008 TSX for many years to come.

As far as getting dirty, we keep a small micro-fiber towel in the glove boxes and wipe 'em down every few days...they stay clean no problem.
The acura navi is very easy to use, but I don't mind the knob either. The knob is easy to use, but it becomes a bit tedious if you are the passenger entering the destination. But If you are the driver, concentrating on the road is much easier than looking down where to hit the proper button on the screen.
Old 07-16-2008, 01:04 AM
King of NYC

Received 216 Likes on 153 Posts
Originally Posted by HBaJ
Here's my take, I know..the rear wheel is skewed
Its more "Saab-ish"?

YESS!! This is my favorite chop!! HOT!! Hopefully Acura is watching this thread and will make their A-Spec something like that!

Overall the car ain't so great to my eyes. I dunno, maybe I'll warm up to it. But what I will NEVER get used to is that UGLY grille as most of you agree. I don't know what Acura is thinkin with this new grille??!? I told you guys they were going to mess up that grille!!

You know what my prediction is?? There is going to be a huge upsurge in people doing the meshed out grille mod once the 4G rolls out.......I've been tryin to get you 3G guys on it but only a few of us have done it.

But with the 4G I bet it will be a different story. Just watch! Knock that shield outta there!
Old 07-16-2008, 01:07 AM
07 Nighthawk Black Pearl

I can live with it so far, however, the rear of the vehicle is going to be the make or break, obviously. However, I'd consider it with the SH-AWD and 300+ HP
Old 07-16-2008, 01:08 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Looks odd not having anything in place....
Old 07-16-2008, 01:09 AM
FIGHTING ILLINI

That looks different compared to the spy shot posted earlier
Old 07-16-2008, 01:10 AM
FIGHTING ILLINI

lol I fell for it
Old 07-16-2008, 01:12 AM
FIGHTING ILLINI

I still think the fake studio lighting is messing up the lines. I hope the fender bulge looks better in daylight or in person.

Quick Reply: 2009 TL Pictures? ***NEW PICS ON PAGE 44***