Busting some beats...

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TL1999
man, my average MPH is 35....LOL

Try 23 for me, lmao.
Old 05-16-2008, 10:58 AM
Drifting

Received 241 Likes on 165 Posts
good to see some logic injected into the thread. I dont think I would want LESS horsepower ----however if Acura could make the TL have the same HP it has now but increase the MPG from 20-24 to 25-29 I think they would have a winner on its hands providing the styling is there too.
I too am interested in 0-95 speeds...I could care less if my car can go 135 vs 150 mph.
This is probably the difference in mindset of a 21 year old vs a 35+ year old. (although there are exceptions in both age categories)
The general public would take a 275HP TL that gets 29MPG avg vs a 315HP competitor that gets 20MPG in these times. If you dont believe that then your really not thinking...
Old 05-16-2008, 11:20 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 194 Likes on 151 Posts
0-95 speeds are 1/4 speeds and if u can go decently fast from those speeds then chances are the car will be able to go fast above 100 as well. Im sure the general public would definitely take 275HP w/ 29MPG over 315HP 20MPG but the bottom line is that the TL is a car that isnt for the general public. Thats what Honda is for. Acura is becoming a higher caliper of car and unfortunately alot of ppl are gonna have to fall off the wagon if they cant hang with luxury prices. That includes gas, maintenance, and price of the car. Better MPG would b nice but your wishing on a star to think that Acura gives a shit about the TL getting 25MPG.
Old 05-16-2008, 11:43 AM
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm one of those 'Old Farts'. I love driving my '03CLS. Actually bought CPO to replace my '03 TLS turned in at end of lease. Couldn't abide TSX and didn't buy TL out. TL had 50k miles, got this 3 1/2 years old with 31k miles. Couldn't resist.

Love the luxury, love the HP. Hate getting $1.00 change from my $50 when I fill up my tank. I get 21+ MPG in virtually all city driving and am satisfied with that.

That being said, now that we are turning in my wifes G35x, and she leased an IS250 AWD, I am probably in the need for a more 'hockey car pool' oriented vehicle.

Considered an RDX, however no power passenger seat. Not impressed enough with new G35x to consider that. Yeah lots of HP, crappy MPG. Had a loaner that got 16 on my commute. Also, and maybe this is just me, being used to FWD I don't like the way it drives.

So, if what Car and Driver says is even part correct, that new TL will be based on the new Accord, I'm in. I need trunk space as well as luxury. '08 TL trunk is hardly bigger than the trunk in wifes IS250 so it's a no go. CL trunk fine, just being an 'Old Fart' piling kids in and out back of 2 door getting old. I won't apologize to the fact that I need some practicality with my luxury.

Not gonna totally worry about MPG, just gonna hope it's a least close to 20 for my commute. Also hoping they don't price it too high. I have always liked the fact that when buying an Acura it's easy. Nav or no. Don't have to worry about package this, option that bs. That is where I think Acura makes its place in the Luxury car market.
Old 05-16-2008, 11:53 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Iunno, if people saw an Acura commercial what would sell the car?

The fact that it's a 6 second car, and it has 258 hp?

Or

It can save you a bit of $$ when it comes to gas...

Just curious, how does the TL compare in it's class for average MPG. Worst or better?
Old 05-16-2008, 01:22 PM
6G TLX-S

Received 1,146 Likes on 818 Posts
Originally Posted by jnickellrental
Why cant we have the best of both worlds. A 300hp car or even 350 that can be set to run on 4 cylinders or less HP or something by changing some settings, but can be quickly bumped up if you want to have more fun. Almost every other part of a car now days has the ability to do this, why not the engine. That would sell like hotcakes a 350hp engine that gets 35 mpg when driven in economy and 0-60 in 5sec when set on performance. Hell then you could even maybe do better because you only need an average 15mpg out of the car at 350 when your having fun if you can turn around and dial it down for the daily commute!
Unfortunately Honda/Acura still doesn't have the technology to do that. It has been very reluctant to apply 6-or-more-gear auto transmissions and FSI direct injection technology to it's auto products, while other auto makers are already enjoying the fruits (high HP and/or good fuel economy) from applying these technologies to their auto line-ups.

Lexus is almost there. The Lexus LS460 is the first car in the world with a computer-controlled eight-speed automatic transmission. The 4.6L-V8 is rated at 380hp and 367ft-lb of torque. It propels the 4400lb hulking sedan from zero to 60mph in 5.7 seconds. The most amazing part is the fuel economy which is 27mpg EPA highway and 19mpg EPA city; and it doesn't use no cylinder de-activation program nor any electric hybrid motor.

Good things never come cheap. With a base price of $62K, not only is it out of the reach for most people, the price difference between it and the TL can also allow a TL owner to buy A LOT of expensive gas for a long time too.
Old 05-16-2008, 01:26 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 194 Likes on 151 Posts
^^^ good comparison & well sed
Old 05-16-2008, 03:09 PM
Intermediate

idkkk guys i saw three new tsx's today and notgonna lie thay are a looker...and not in a bad way, that new grill is growing on me a lot. i cant wait to see a pic of the tl, i think it is going to end up looking pretty nice!
Old 05-16-2008, 05:40 PM
6G TLX-S

Received 1,146 Likes on 818 Posts
Originally Posted by JeffNY

Ed, if gas was still $1.49/gallon I'd buy the HP too. I still like putting my foot in it every now and then. And the TSX is a nice car. But did you guys know, as I understand it, Acura sells the TSX as the "TL"in the UK and Europe because gas cost so much over there. They don't even sell the American TL over there because it cost to much for gas. And as gas prices continue to climb climb climb here in the U.S. 21MPG/300HP metrics are not what a high volume production car will need to sell well. When gas hit's $5.00 bucks and then $6.00 bucks (like Europe) who will be able to afford to drive them? Honda, who likes to sell volume cars, will not be eable to justify them.

The US Acura TSX is in fact a rebadged European/UK Honda Accord. The two cars are identical apart from the badges and minor amenity differences.

I guess I haven't stressed enough the major difference between a luxury brand such as Acura and an economy brand such as Honda.

The luxury auto brand caters to the exclusive people who have lots of disposable income, and are willing/able to pay premium price for the expensive, extra-luxury, powerful, and often state-of-the-art luxury-branded vehicles. Since these expensive vehicles command a high profit margin, auto makers can afford a small sales volume.

On the other hand, the economy auto brand caters to the bulk of the general public who are financially inferior, and are only able to afford buying cheap, no-frills and fuel-efficient economy-branded vehicles. These are the real volume sellers.

In Europe/UK, the city roads are packed, and the country roads are narrow. So smaller cars are often preferred. As a result, the European/UK Honda Accord (TSX) is sold in Europe/UK because it's a small, economy brand car, not because of the expensive gas price there. The Europeans counteract the expensive gas price by buying diesel cars. That's why the European/UK Accord (TSX) also has a diesel engine option. And that's why European cities tend to be badly smog filled all the time.

Moreover, the luxury Lexus brand is available in Europe/UK, and is selling exactly the same IS, GS, LS, RX, SC models as are being sold in the US. These European/UK Lexus vehicles are not by any means detuned to save gas. Once again, this shows how luxury brands are not affected by expensive gas prices.

Although the Acura brand doesn't exist in Europe now, Honda is preparing to launch the Acura brand in Europe/UK in 2010. Then the US TL will finally show it's face in Europe/UK.

As I see it, the increasing gas price will have this side effect of further differentiating between luxury car owners and economy car owners. All those exclusive people who can really afford expensive luxury cars will have no problem absorbing the expensive gas price, while those who try hard to pretend to be among the exclusive crowd buying luxury cars will get squeezed out. Life is cruel, but it's just the way it is.
Old 05-16-2008, 05:46 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by madddog32
idkkk guys i saw three new tsx's today and notgonna lie thay are a looker...and not in a bad way, that new grill is growing on me a lot. i cant wait to see a pic of the tl, i think it is going to end up looking pretty nice!
I was just going to post the same...I had to pick something up at my dealer and they had a brand new NBP '09 TSX....I was very impressed. And the grill looks much better in person....very nice, beautiful interior, needs a nice set of 18s though...and about 50 more HP!
But I have hope for the 4G TL now. Although I gotta say the new TSX is huge...seems about the same size as my TL-S!
Old 05-16-2008, 06:16 PM
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by SlipperyPete
I miss the days when I could see the same photoshopped picture in every other post.

You know for those so worried about be MPG, maybe if Acura would take out the Nav package, put in some cheaper cloth seats and drop some 15's on this bad boy we could get a little more bang for our buck...fingers crossed

lol.......this is funny....i dont understand where all the cry babies are coiming from either.. you know, maybe it is people like that, that decided that that Saturn looking grill was a good idea..... people are complaining because having to spend 10 to 20 more for a tank of gas is now making the TL out of the price range for some people..
Old 05-16-2008, 06:48 PM
05 S2000, 07 SI

so - after talking to a friend of mine who works at an Acura dealer (won't mention names) - they will start ordering of some of the new TLs in a week or so (even though they still don't know how it looks). They are aware of 4 trims on their systems that they can order (they still don't know what it looks like): (1) FWD, (2) FWD+Navi, (3) SH-AWD, (4) SH-AWD+Navi. He also mentioned (from multiple sources) that the SH-AWD will most likely only come in automatic. The nature of the "automatic" is still unknown: whether it's a torque converter auto (most likely 6-speed) or a DSG-like system.

As soon as they get any more data in their system - I'll be informed and will try to share the information.

PS: I went to check out the new TSX - much better in person and the interior is so much nicer and feels more upscale. I'll retract my early dislikes and give it thumbs up!
Old 05-16-2008, 07:27 PM
Racer

>>On the other hand, the economy auto brand caters to the bulk of the general public who are financially inferior, and are only able to afford buying cheap, no-frills and fuel-efficient economy-branded vehicles. These are the real volume sellers.<<

>>All those exclusive people who can really afford expensive luxury cars will have no problem absorbing the expensive gas price, while those who try hard to pretend to be among the exclusive crowd buying luxury cars will get squeezed out. Life is cruel, but it's just the way it is.<<

Ed, what pompous snobby arrogant elitist comments. "Financially inferior"? "Exclusive people"? Is that why you buy an Acura? To be one of the "exclusive people"? Wow, get a hold of yourself man. I, for one, could care less about being one of the "exclusive people" or what people think of my income. But you want the truth? If I had more money than brains, and really wanted one, I could afford that AMG we talked about above. But that ain't what drives me or a lot of other people who buy a car or to be frivolous with money. And as someone who is the owner of a trucking company I can tell you first hand what the cost of fuel can do to a budget, especially when buying over 1200 gallons of diesel a week.

Lets take an example. Lets say "Joe" has a good job and makes a good income and in 2005 buys a TL. He budgets so much for his car, gas and maintenance. He burns 800 gallons a year at $1.50. $1200 a year. Now at $4.00 bucks a gallon he has to pay $3200 a year. Or $2000 a year more than he figured when he bought his car - that's $10,000 over 5 years (....for those of you challenged by doing multiplication). And, as I have pointed out, these are after-tax dollars Joe is using to buy gas with. So over 5 years he may have to earn an ADDITIONAL $15,000 for gas that he didn't expect. Granted, gas is just now getting to $4.00 bucks. But it has been steadily increasing since Joe bought his '05 TL, and if he keeps his TL a few more years the price will be even higher.

Ed, you made some valid points on HP. But going on in this last thread about the "financially inferior" and "exculsive people" was in bad taste. And something Acura, a car maker that has good taste, would probably frown upon. There are people here who are happy to have bought used TL's that fit their budgets. No need to insult them. Nor should they be made to feel "inferior" because they are not up your personal "standards".

Jeff
Old 05-16-2008, 07:56 PM
Racer

>> people are complaining because having to spend 10 to 20 more for a tank of gas <<

Wow. Another math wizard. Maybe that is what Acura is banking on to sell cars,

bw5011, it's your lucky day. I am here to help:
17.1 gallons x $1.50/ gallon = $25.65
17.1 gallons x $4.00/ gallon = $68.40

That comes out to an extra $42.75 per tank, not "10 or 20".

Lucky I caught your mistake bw5011, if someone was telling you its only $10 bucks more a tank I think I just saved you a lot of money
Old 05-16-2008, 08:04 PM
A-spec steering wheel ftw

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
boots with da furrr
Old 05-16-2008, 09:00 PM
Racer

>> people are complaining because having to spend 10 to 20 more for a tank of gas <<

Lucky I caught your mistake bw5011, if someone was telling you its only $10 bucks more a tank I think I just saved you a lot of money

LOL, nice math.... it's like 4 bucks a gallon now? and you said before its going to be like 5?

17.1 gallons x $5.00/ gallon = ??
17.1 gallons x $4.00/ gallon = $68

hmm can you do the math and let me know whats the difference?

please post your answer Jeff... thanks
Old 05-16-2008, 11:21 PM
10th Gear

I think everyone needs to step back and take a look at what kind of car we’re talking about here. The TL to the best of my knowledge is still classified as a Luxury Sports Sedan. Since some people don’t understand what that means let me break down those words. Luxury; expensive, high quality, nonessential, pleasurable. Sport; (as it pertains to a car) small, low center of gravity, fast acceleration and handling. Sedan; two or four doors, front and rear seats. This is why we expect more out of the TL then just the same old, same old. If Acura is going to take the time to do a complete redesign then it needs to keep up with the competition. And incase you’re wondering, it’s not competing with a Ford Focus or Toyota Prius, nor are we expecting it to keep up with the GT-R’s impressive 0-60 3.5 second run either. But as for it’s competition, it should be better then the 335i, IS350 and G35 coming off a redesign. Not saying it has to be faster, but it does have stand out to capture those sales in that market.

And just because it has 300+ doesn’t mean we’re all out looking for a G35 to drag at the next light. I find this to be a more offensive comment then Edward’s supposed elitist post. At no point in his post did Edward ever claim he was superior to any other member on this forum. Reading his whole post, rather then just a few clips to enflame others, he simply pointed out there is a difference in economy and luxury. Those that are willing to pay the extra for luxury do expect a little more then your average car. And I don’t think I would be to far out of line to say those that purchase a used Acura are also expecting a little more since even used it’s still going to demand a premium price. And finally on what is being called in bad taste, maybe you should go visit a luxury vehicles dealership (doesn’t have to be Acura) and then your local economy shop and see which one treats you exclusive and which one pressures you like cattle to take this car home today.
Old 05-17-2008, 06:23 AM
Drifting

Stopped by the dealer the other day to get a look at the TSX. I saw a carbon grey one...man this car looks great to me. The front grille is growing on me and I must say it makes my 04 tl look a tad dated. If they had a 6 speed turbo version I would buy it...
but they dont...this does give me high hopes for the TL. But heres the bottom line (for me at least).....no six speed manual--no TL for me. I am sure a lot of other memebers feel the same. The six speed manual is THE main reason I boought the TL to begin with.
Old 05-17-2008, 07:53 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 740 Likes on 435 Posts
Originally Posted by jnickellrental
I like this TL-G idea. It is hard to find luxury and reliability with some degree of economy. There has to be a market for that.
I am not a mechanic by any means so this may not make sense, but is there a way to make a vehicle that has great power when you want/need it, but that you can tune down with settings. The M5 has a button that gives it 100 extra temporary HP. Many cars have shift and shock settings for performance and comfort. How great would it be to have engine settings for the same. 350hp for some fun out on a spin, but 200 when putzing to and from work. That would be revolutionary and sell well in this gas market! Maybe that is why they are being so secrative, because they are gonna change the game - not even wasting my time crossing my fingers on that one though.
I like the TL-G idea as well, I drove a Camry Hybrid for a while, hated it because of the ride, sure it could use a tad more power. So say a TL wih 225-250HP that was set up to get in the mid to upper 20's on average for MPG woudl be awesome. I buy the TL for the comfort, ride and handling, I rarely push the car, I woudl bet if someone monitored the HP output of my car I woudl rarley get half power, hell to conserve gas I dirve it like it were my Hybrid Camry
Old 05-17-2008, 09:53 AM
8AT > 6MT

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
^^i drive my TL like i stole it...lol...it sees redline at LEAST 2-3 times a day.... i was in the 2009 pics thread...god, just looking at the shape of the car, i can already say that it's gonna look gross. Watch when Acura Sales takes a HUGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE drop....that'll be crazy
Old 05-17-2008, 10:01 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by albeik
so - after talking to a friend of mine who works at an Acura dealer (won't mention names) - they will start ordering of some of the new TLs in a week or so (even though they still don't know how it looks). They are aware of 4 trims on their systems that they can order (they still don't know what it looks like): (1) FWD, (2) FWD+Navi, (3) SH-AWD, (4) SH-AWD+Navi. He also mentioned (from multiple sources) that the SH-AWD will most likely only come in automatic. The nature of the "automatic" is still unknown: whether it's a torque converter auto (most likely 6-speed) or a DSG-like system.

As soon as they get any more data in their system - I'll be informed and will try to share the information.

PS: I went to check out the new TSX - much better in person and the interior is so much nicer and feels more upscale. I'll retract my early dislikes and give it thumbs up!
Sorry, but your friend is mistaken. We are not ordering the cars yet. Not until at least another month. The last full 08 TL allocation is due by May 27th. Then there will be another partial order in June. After that, in July, we will start ordering the 09 TL.
Old 05-17-2008, 10:18 AM
1st Gear

09 Radio

I am not happy to see that the 09 TSX does not have HD radio, hopefully
this will be included in the 09 TL. BMW has HD radio.
Old Mike
07 Tl Base- Love it
Old 05-17-2008, 11:08 AM
Racer

>>LOL, nice math.... it's like 4 bucks a gallon now? and you said before its going to be like 5?<<

mista, the point is, as I showed in my example with "Joe", is that if you are a current TL owner (any year) you are paying A LOT more for gas than when you bought the car. And I don't know what Acura is doing, if anything, to address that in the '09 TL. I guess we will know in a few weeks.

The thing that bugs me most is that these high gas prices are BS! You can buy all the gas you want, but the price just goes up and up and up. There is no shortage. Just pay more so Exxon/Mobil can make even more BILLIONS.

I don't mind paying more for "value" or a nicer car. What I mind is an industry (oil) trying to screw people just because they can. But you know what? In the end I guess it's Ok, because their greed and high gas prices are just accelerating the arrival of car and homes that don't need ANY oil to run. The electric-motor powered TL is not that far off. And it will out accelerate any TL powered by an internal combustion engine....will need little maintence....and will only cost about $8.00 per "tank" to fill up.
Old 05-17-2008, 02:06 PM
Drifting

HD radio ?

Originally Posted by mf15
I am not happy to see that the 09 TSX does not have HD radio, hopefully
this will be included in the 09 TL. BMW has HD radio.
Old Mike
07 Tl Base- Love it
HD radio ? to listen to what regular terrestrial radio ?
thats good you can hear the 30 minutes of commercials per hour nice and clear
I have a sirius stiletto 2 hooked up via line-in on my tl. It sounds fantastic. Much better than the stock xm ever did.
Old 05-17-2008, 02:22 PM
1st Gear

08 TLs going Fast to make way for 09?

Had a thought related to all this but not one I have seen any posts on.

Edmunds.com has a rating called "TMV" - True Market Value. It is what they say the car is ACTUALLY selling for in whatever market you live.

2008 TL - Base - Automatic -

2 Months Ago (Atlanta Market) - TMV =$32318
Today (Atlanta Market) - TMV =$30576

That is a decline of $1742 (5.3%)

So it is obvious to me they are trying to move them fast. Additionally, Acura website shows financing of .9% 12-48 months and 2.9% 49-60 months through July 7th.

My point in all this is with the inventory and price steadily declining, and a July 7th cutoff for pretty impressive financing, does anyone think the July 7th date might be around the time they will start showing us what this 09 looks like?

Thoughts?

btw- I started emailing local Acura dealerships today for internet quotes on the 08 - the first one came back well below the TMV listed above!
Old 05-17-2008, 09:57 PM
Advanced

Well Mr. Math... I have never paid 1.50 for premium gas, but that is neither here nor there... I did not give an exact amount because it doesn’t mean a lot to me... When I first brought my first TL in 04 it cost about 35 to fill the tank, not it cost me 57... Ok that is 22 not 10 or 20 but it doesn’t bother me at all. Now would I like to see gas prices go down, of course, but are they stopping me from going anywhere, hell no. I waste more money getting my car washed 1 to 2 times a week. If you so concerned about the gas buy a Civic, they are awesome on gas. Even my little sister at age 22 drives a new Mustang(don’t ask) and does not complain about gas. O and I live in N.C. so I know our gas is little cheaper that yours, and I still never saw $1.50 for premium, maybe in my Integra GS-R before 2003.
Old 05-17-2008, 10:20 PM
Advanced

Wink

Originally Posted by AcuraTL_driver
Try 23 for me, lmao.

Try resetting for each trip and see if it changes.. I know mine reads about 35 AVG but when i reset for a trip it goes way up. I live in the city but take the highway to work and i never see anything close to 35.
Old 05-17-2008, 10:34 PM
Racer

http://tonto.eia.doe.gov/dnav/pet/hist/mg_rco_usw.htm
January '04 $1.492 (Regular)

http://tonto.eia.doe.gov/dnav/pet/hist/mg_mco_usw.htm
January '04 $1.578 (Mid-Grade)

When I got my '99 TL in mid-June '99 Regular was $1.088. Mid-grade $1.178

But if you (or your sister) don't mind paying high prices for gas it's Ok with me. I just don't know where this is going to end. If you buy a car today where will gas prices be in 3 or 4 years? Whether you drive a TL or Civic I think it will be way more than today.

I know Honda is working on new technologies to get more "bang for the buck" from your car. I just want it to get here faster I really was set to buy a new '09 TL in few months....but now I am re-thinking a lot of stuff. And it's not just the cost, it's also seeing our money going to support greedy oil companies and idiots in the middle-east and Venezuela, who would be nothing without our $$.

Oh well.....I guess I will just have to wait......
Old 05-18-2008, 09:53 AM
Intermediate

Most of us TOV goers have probably already seen this information, but Jalopnik decided to put together a nice little article. Enjoy!

2009 Acura TL: More Details Revealed?

One of the Honda forum fan-boys over at The Temple of VTEC claims to have seen a brand spankin' new 2009 Acura TL — most likely at the April dealer conference where we'd heard the big dealers got a chance to ogle the new four-door in the shiny flesh. While we're not expecting to see the bed sheet slide off the skin of the new mid-size from Honda's luxury brand until sometime closer to Septembet, the forumites are telling us to expect something similar to what we told you back in March, but the level of detail is — well — significantly more detailed. Hit the jump for the full scoop.

TOV user "mri1112" claims he (or she):

"saw the car....3.5 w/280hp and 3.7 w 305hp....no mention of "S" Type at all.....the front and rear of the car in no way resembles the present car or TSX...larger than the present TL and present Accord....it is as drastic to the persent TL as the present TL was to the '03 TL.....20G hard drive on board for personal music recording ...push button start...."

But that's not the only details — there's also the look, which is supposedly very "transformer"-like:

"the only part of the tsx grill is the very top thickpart....slight resemblence...beyond that not similar looking at all....but the front and rear of the 09 TL is very futuristic, almost "transformer" in its look....the car was shown in new orleans april 11th to acura dealer body....end of sept release......rear lights on the '09 TL are a cross between civic 2 dr and camry....bold...tilted a bit down toward center...red lenses top and bottom ...clear back up in the middle but taper extensively around the side almost to the back of the c piller..the car looks sleek from the side yet agressive, angular from front and back...the car has no hatchback look at all.....from the side it is quite sleek looking ...sharp contrast from front and rear views which are very hight tech futuristic looking...the trunk lid has a bit of a dip in the center.....the rear lights and the rear bumper make the back panel of the trunk lid almost the shape of the grill.....5 sided.....topped off by a small lip spoiler on the tech model...the rear spoiler also has a crease in the center of the trunk dip.....the rear tail light form the side tapers greatly and almost reaches up the side to the rear of the c pillar....."
Well, we guess we'll have to wait for September to find out whether the Honda informant over there is right on — but until then, what do you think?
Old 05-18-2008, 10:56 AM
Cruisin'

I am not sure if anyone has posted these pics yet, but LeftLane News took some more shots in the last day of the 4G TL. It looks like CRAP!!! Hopefully this is still in semi-mule form...

http://www.leftlanenews.com/acura-tl-future.html
Old 05-18-2008, 11:12 AM
Intermediate

Temple of VTECH posted two new pictures of the 2009 TL today.
http//:www.vtec.net
Old 05-18-2008, 11:22 AM
Go Big Blue!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Not sure about that rear end. I'll wait until the camo comes off the lights ,etc. to draw any conclusions. One thing is for sure, it looks big! Looks bigger then the current RL even.
Old 05-18-2008, 11:43 AM
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
I actually Like the side view of the 4G and i Do see the G35 coming from the rear along with the Accord Tail style

But like all of that Its BIG! It makes the Type-S look like a kiddy car lol but this dosent seem to bad
Old 05-18-2008, 12:26 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by fastlarry
Temple of VTECH posted two new pictures of the 2009 TL today.
http//:www.vtech.net
Why do the wheels change in every picture??? I think i have seen three different types of wheels so far((hinting maybe three different trims??)). Another thing is why in those new pictures is their no quad exhaust tips??
Old 05-18-2008, 12:56 PM
† equals ☺

http://www.vtec.net/news/news-item?news_item_id=761388
Old 05-18-2008, 01:09 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 7,770 Likes on 4,341 Posts
Interesting how you cherry pick your data.

1st, these cars "require" premioum fuel.

2nd, the last time the national average for PREMIUM was $1.50 or less was in March 2002. And, in fact, Premium spiked to over to *nearly* $2 per gallon as early as May 2001.

http://www.eia.doe.gov/oil_gas/petro...s_history.html

NOBODY buying a 2009 TL expects $1.50 gasoline, so they will make their "cost of ownership" decision based on CURRENT and/or FUTURE gas price, not the price when they bought their last car.

Of course gas costs more now and may cost more in the near future (say 3 -5 years), so EVERYONE is spending more on gas for the same miles driven.

What'd be interesting, JeffNY, is instead of pushing your (IMHO useless) conservationist agenda, would be if you actaully posted something on topic.
Old 05-18-2008, 01:33 PM
JnC
Former Sponsor

Received 351 Likes on 227 Posts
Quote from TL thread in off topic section

Originally Posted by mikeschicagoRL

the back kind of reminds me of the altima.
Old 05-18-2008, 04:06 PM
Instructor

^+1 Lots of Nissan in there.
Old 05-18-2008, 04:40 PM
CLS 6MT Navi

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
Looks current Jp generic to me from the Camry/Accord school, not what I wanted to see. at least the Accord breaks the straight boxy sides with the angled side trim line. this is too Camry, needs more distinction in the side panels, but looks like all distinction will only be in the front and back...not enough IMO. If rear follows the Civic coupe that will be a plus but the rear looks to be doing the Accord coupe rear which I don't like. looks like the 1G CL rear, unfinished.

well, one view shows an angled side, the other shots don't.
Old 05-18-2008, 05:42 PM
Jon (PWP FTW)

here you go TL people

i got an issue of car and driver and reveals what the 09 TL looks like

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43152

Quick Reply: 2009 Acura TL/CL Type-S-Merged Threads-All 2009 topics will be merged here