Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 10:46 AM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Hmm...no! Stop it Fizzle! No mo mods!
Old 12-08-2007, 01:46 AM
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Oh my gosh this is driving me crazy! I'v been searching for days and hours and ever since I first saw the black painted grille and trunk trim iv been dieing to do it. Do you guys recommend doing it myself or getting it done? Oh and how do you remove the rear emblem? I have the trunk lining out already...
Old 12-11-2007, 12:54 PM
.:The Association:.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
to remove the rear emblem you need a plastic/rubber creditcard looking thing and slide it behind the emblem and it pops off there are 2 bars that stick out into the trunk. the other emblems can be removed with the same tool but they are sticked on so you need to use a glue remover of some sort that won't ruin the paint to remove that. but the grill i would suggest you have it done unless you are a good painter, and i can't believe that this thread is still goin WOW!!!
Old 12-12-2007, 09:59 PM
Racer

I bought NBP paint for my grille, and was wondering what you guys think about using that on my rear emblem? good idea or naaa?
Old 12-13-2007, 10:25 AM

i think if you didn't have a black car it would look good i painted mine black but i have a silver car with black details but if you painted them you wouldn't see them, umless you were going for the stelth mid-night rider look! but it's your ride bro.......do as you wish! look at the thread someone already did it so check theirs out an see if you like it!
Old 12-13-2007, 10:25 AM

i think if you didn't have a black car it would look good i painted mine black but i have a silver car with black details but if you painted them you wouldn't see them, umless you were going for the stelth mid-night rider look! but it's your ride bro.......do as you wish! look at the thread someone already did it so check theirs out an see if you like it! they did it on the front though i think!
Old 12-13-2007, 10:33 AM
FizzyStatus!

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
I agree, totally depends on the look you're going for. And in the end, it's what you like
Old 12-13-2007, 06:25 PM
Let's Go Pens

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have my rear emblem painted nbp... I'll post pics tomorrow
Old 12-14-2007, 09:14 AM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Originally Posted by Evader
I have my rear emblem painted nbp... I'll post pics tomorrow
Hey Brad, whose car is that in your avatar? I thought you drove a Pontiac?
Old 12-14-2007, 09:41 AM
Let's Go Pens

Yeah Yeah shutup haha. My enterprise special edition is long gone.
Old 12-14-2007, 08:57 PM
Racer

ok! i decided to leave the rear emblem how it is and the front one too. im just going to paint everything on the front except the emblem.
Old 12-15-2007, 04:23 AM
Racer

ok, so i black out and cleared my headlights and while i was doing this i tried to remove the front grille, but i couldnt get it off. i saw the screws that were holding it in, but it didnt come out once i unscrewed them. can somebody give me so instructions as to how to remove the front grille? thanks
Old 12-15-2007, 09:52 AM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

I don't get it...I sent you two threads on how to do that.
Old 12-15-2007, 02:32 PM
Racer

ya i see how it came off? is it in there with clips? cuz i took out all the screws and pulled on it but it didnt come out and didnt wanna break anything so i held off on it. i want to take out the entire thing including the that little trim piece that meets up wih the bumper.
Old 12-15-2007, 02:36 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by darksom1
I don't get it...I sent you two threads on how to do that.
and i only got one, and i wasnt planing on doing that at all.

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139254

i read how it says you need to cut it with a hacksaw, but i didnt think i would have to do all of that.... do i?
Old 12-15-2007, 02:36 PM
Racer

all i want to do is take it off and fucking paint it!
Old 12-15-2007, 04:41 PM
Racer

never mind. i got it.
Old 12-28-2007, 04:51 PM
1st Gear

Yeah, the next time I come to Cali, she comin' with me so you will get that shoot!

And you had it right the first time, when you called it for me - fuck what people say if they ain't feelin' it! Do you! It's just about a different flavor that's all. Some like the candy red, white, blue look, or whatever. I just think the car flows better with the "noir"! Ya heard? So since I'm paying this damn note every month, I get to call it! LOL!
Nice Ride. I currently live in Alexandria, Va. I have been looking a modification for my grill. Can you tell me what did it take, what did you have to buy, and the shop you took it too. Currently, I have an 2005 Anthracite Metallic TL. So, I think of going with two colors. Maybe not. But, can you please provide me with some info.
Old 12-29-2007, 01:02 AM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Originally Posted by jerome_88
Nice Ride. I currently live in Alexandria, Va. I have been looking a modification for my grill. Can you tell me what did it take, what did you have to buy, and the shop you took it too. Currently, I have an 2005 Anthracite Metallic TL. So, I think of going with two colors. Maybe not. But, can you please provide me with some info.
What's up my dude! Thanks for the compliment, though you had to go waaayyy back to find that quote! Hahahahaha!

Since you only have one post, I guess I have to post answers here to your questions. A friend did my work for me, but he is a government contractor and he doesn't have the time to do this type of job anymore, as he was not aware that it was so time consuming. Most of your answers can be found right here on my twin's thread (tho he is now - gulp - WDP as well)!

Warning: You have to cut the bumper cover underneath to do this mod. Once you cut the bumper, however, there is no going back! If you decide to sell the car later, you have to fork out the cash for another bumper. If you screw up the cut...same thing, another bumper. So just be advised. Most of the people here only paint the crossing bar and the surrounding trim. You may want to do that in yor own kind of way first, before going all out and cutting it.

Good luck bro!
Old 12-29-2007, 02:09 AM
King of NYC

Received 216 Likes on 153 Posts
May I have your ATTENTION!

just a sneak peek!! Not totally done, I will explain more later!!
I told you guys I'd do it!!
....and no darky this time it ain't PS'd!! It's the real deal!
Old 12-29-2007, 03:04 AM
FizzyStatus!

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
Damn Rocky, I love it!

If only I had the balls to do it haha
Old 12-29-2007, 07:15 AM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Hot damn! Welcome to the club Rocky! (pending verification of course) Hahahahahaha...just kidding man! Looking good! Ok, no more pics man until you finish up (and wash it)! Glad it came out ok though! Thumbs up for doing it in the snow man!

Question: Is that inside panel body-colored, or still grey? Hard to tell.
Old 12-29-2007, 11:34 AM
King of NYC

As I said earlier buried in this thread, I had my outer grille trim painted body colot awhile back. I didn't paint the rest of the grille in preparaion for this mod. The inner panel is a long story I will outline later but it is actually carbon fiber. Very similar to PPLAPW's. The overall look is so much more aggresive, it's definitely turning heads everywhere I go!

I am getting closer and closer to the goal of getting my car more like that PS'd picture in my avatar! I'm beginning to think it looks even better than the pic!
Old 12-29-2007, 06:44 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Way to step up big Rocky! I told those guys (Sandie, Steve, Brett) you would do it!
Old 12-30-2007, 12:48 AM
I'm in

Received 20 Likes on 5 Posts
Rocky: That looks absolutely sick! Good job man. If you can, I would remove that front plate ASAP. Other than that, your car is awesome...
Old 12-30-2007, 04:12 AM
Banned

I thought of something to do with my broken grille...
CF grille anyone? I don't think anyone has done that yet?
Anyone wanna help me make a preview with PS? I wanna see how it looks...

Old 12-30-2007, 07:30 AM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Hmmm...a CF grille...

I guess it would have to be an NBP or CGP to pull that off right? Maybe other cars, but I think it will look the best on those two. Rocky or Sandiegodrive can PS that maybe. What type of maintenance problems woud you have trying to have a CF grille?

Sounds like a good idea though. Do it!
Old 12-30-2007, 09:05 AM
King of NYC

Originally Posted by darksom
Ok, no more pics man until you finish up (and wash it)!
OK no more pics....well just one more because this one looks so nice!!

OK that's enuff for now.

Originally Posted by PPLAPW
If you can, I would remove that front plate ASAP.
I would if I could. I agree, the front plate is just ruining the look. I am already asking for tickets by the way I look and drive. I don't need anymore. After awhile I know the front plate will irritate me more and I may ditch it.
Old 12-30-2007, 07:07 PM
OMGWTF4THGENTL

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts
6 months later... Almost finished!

6 months in the making, I tabled this work to do the headlights... now both the headlights and grill are done.

Teaser:

- Chromed the hood and lower grill bezels. I preffered the chrome over the black chrome as it pops on the WDP, and ties the emblem and headlight chrome trim in.
- Colormatched the center wing... Gives the "black hole" feel".
- "Supercharged" emblem from a GM. It actually goes well there. No, the supercharger isn't in yet. I'm having it "customized".

I plan to inlay some matching aluminum mesh that I used on the lower grill behind the main grill section... That's for a later day.

Rocky, how'd you do the carbon fiber wrap on the inner grill section?
Old 12-30-2007, 07:53 PM
No He Can't

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Nice
Old 12-30-2007, 09:59 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Originally Posted by Kennedy
6 months in the making, I tabled this work to do the headlights... now both the headlights and grill are done.

Teaser:

- Chromed the hood and lower grill bezels. I preffered the chrome over the black chrome as it pops on the WDP, and ties the emblem and headlight chrome trim in.
- Colormatched the center wing... Gives the "black hole" feel".
- "Supercharged" emblem from a GM. It actually goes well there. No, the supercharger isn't in yet. I'm having it "customized".

I plan to inlay some matching aluminum mesh that I used on the lower grill behind the main grill section... That's for a later day.

Rocky, how'd you do the carbon fiber wrap on the inner grill section?
Hmm...not feeling that look on the WDP...but to each his own...
Old 12-30-2007, 10:14 PM
OMGWTF4THGENTL

Hmm...not feeling that look on the WDP...but to each his own...
That's OK... I've never felt the "floating A" thing either. That's why customization is what it is, for the customizer.

What don't ya like...? I talked this up a while back, and you seemed to dig it then.
Old 12-30-2007, 11:11 PM
Banned

Hmmm...a CF grille...

I guess it would have to be an NBP or CGP to pull that off right? Maybe other cars, but I think it will look the best on those two. Rocky or Sandiegodrive can PS that maybe. What type of maintenance problems woud you have trying to have a CF grille?

Sounds like a good idea though. Do it!
I'm planning to get rid of the 'wings' and make thinner ones with CF, keep the emblem chrome, side chrome trim to cf, plastic inside the trim surrounding the wing and the emblem will either be painted black or made from cf, and do mesh grille.
So basically, a whole renew but using the old grille for measurements.
Old 12-30-2007, 11:17 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

That's OK... I've never felt the "floating A" thing either. That's why customization is what it is, for the customizer.

What don't ya like...? I talked this up a while back, and you seemed to dig it then.
LOL @ you saying you don't like mine in response ...that's cool...but it's not mine vs. yours Chris, I just don't like it for me. You only "talked" about it before anyway, I never saw anything. I still like the idea of you, or anyone for that matter, doing what you like with the grille, especially if it's different. It's just not for me. I have on most accounts, always appreciated the grilles that were darkened or blacked out. If you can remember, when Buda did his, and it had a similar look, I didn't like that either. But I appreciated his effort nonetheless...Hope that helps...
Old 12-30-2007, 11:21 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Originally Posted by elkayem
I'm planning to get rid of the 'wings' and make thinner ones with CF, keep the emblem chrome, side chrome trim to cf, plastic inside the trim surrounding the wing and the emblem will either be painted black or made from cf, and do mesh grille.
So basically, a whole renew but using the old grille for measurements.
I think that inside piece should be black to contrast that CF. Just black and CF! That's what's up!!! I kinda can see this better now mangg!

DO IT!!!!!
Old 12-30-2007, 11:28 PM
OMGWTF4THGENTL

LOL @ you saying you don't like mine in response ...that's cool...but it's not mine vs. yours Chris, I just don't like it for me. You only "talked" about it before anyway, I never saw anything. I still like the idea of you, or anyone for that matter, doing what you like with the grille, especially if it's different. It's just not for me. I have on most accounts, always appreciated the grilles that were darkened or blacked out. If you can remember, when Buda did his, and it had a similar look, I didn't like that either. But I appreciated his effort nonetheless...Hope that helps...
It was a subtle joke... but based in truth. I like the big gaping hole look, the floating A pollutes it. Anyone that goes the lengths they have to have the frontend you have gets props from me though, no disrespect intended.

Wait till you see the whole thing in the morning, you may change your mind...
Old 12-30-2007, 11:43 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

It was a subtle joke... but based in truth. I like the big gaping hole look, the floating A pollutes it. Anyone that goes the lengths they have to have the frontend you have gets props from me though, no disrespect intended.

Wait till you see the whole thing in the morning, you may change your mind...
Old 12-31-2007, 02:09 PM
King of NYC

Darky and I discussed the floating A way back. I really thought it was the best way to go. After thinking awhile and looking at it a different angles on my car I don't know what to say.....I like it but not totally. My meshed out grille looks really aggressive and custom. The A will make it look...it's hard to describe....a little too stock maybe? A lil less aggressive.

My wife is in a battle with me on this one right now. She wants the A there because she says it looks too plain and we paid $30k for an Acura and it should look like one. She likes the pics I showed her of Darky's car. The way I have it now, the head on the look is great but from an angle it does look like it is missing something to me. I originally wanted to put an A-spec symbol there offset to the right. She hates the idea but I am going to experiment with what looks best.
Old 12-31-2007, 02:18 PM
OMGWTF4THGENTL

Rock... still waiting on the write up on how you did the "big hole" and CF overlay... Did a shop do it for you?

Here's another shot of the chrome trim and color matched center wing:

Old 12-31-2007, 02:22 PM
Kaa - Ching !!!

Location: Rhode Island.....Self-Proclaimed Chromed Cousin of Brettallica
Here's another shot of the chrome trim and color matched center wing:

[/IMG]
Glad to see you finally finished those lights Kennedy - looks cool...... what color did you end up with on the center bar..?

Quick Reply: Warmer Out! Time For A New Grill!!