CLtotheTL32-My Asparasocks/BS Thread !!

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2012, 03:55 PM
173rd Airborne!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Hey Tyler nice progress man, just spent almost an hour going through your thread lol. I like how the WDP is looking, you've done a great job deffinately. I was just home from Germany for the holidays and was down in Tampa and Orlando for a few days lol, missed you by a couple of days but man the weather was nice down there lol. I'll keep up with the thread when i can and keep up the modding man.
Old 01-02-2012, 04:33 PM
Drifting

Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts
Tyler! Damn, some serious changes you have done! Hopefully when I come out to Raleigh, we can meet up. Might come out that way in February/March.... Need to do some wiring in my parents house out there.
Old 01-02-2012, 04:41 PM
David_Dude

Received 581 Likes on 515 Posts
Great progress thread man! As for your liscense plate... I have a sister who stays in Orlando. I havent been there since June, but maybe again next year.
Old 01-02-2012, 04:51 PM
Chapter Leader (South Florida Region)

Received 19,994 Likes on 14,502 Posts
Love those wide wide angle shots...your car really is looking great, man. In person and camera.

What wheels are you going for? I need tires for the works, then...they go back on the car.

J.
Old 01-02-2012, 06:32 PM

Received 9,506 Likes on 6,175 Posts
Originally Posted by mrlal8
your aspecs look fucken sick man
what is that color?
you ever think about making the front acura emblem chrome again>
Thanks man! The A-Specs were powdercoated this color:

http://www.powderbuythepound.com/IRO...L_GLIMMER.html

As for the front emblem, I'm going to keep it black for now. When and if I get the wheels I want, I'll swap it back to silver.

Originally Posted by ACE32TL
Hey Tyler nice progress man, just spent almost an hour going through your thread lol. I like how the WDP is looking, you've done a great job deffinately. I was just home from Germany for the holidays and was down in Tampa and Orlando for a few days lol, missed you by a couple of days but man the weather was nice down there lol. I'll keep up with the thread when i can and keep up the modding man.
Al!

I hope you and your family had a wonderful holiday and new years. Be safe over there in Germany! Thank you for your service

Originally Posted by Fulani has a TL
Tyler! Damn, some serious changes you have done! Hopefully when I come out to Raleigh, we can meet up. Might come out that way in February/March.... Need to do some wiring in my parents house out there.
Well well well, look who decided to stick their nose in my thread

Daniel how are you sir? I hope KC is treating you well!

I'll be starting a new school 45 minutes south of Raleigh/Cary next week so give me a heads up when you're planning on being in town.

Originally Posted by Acura_Dude
Great progress thread man! As for your liscense plate... I have a sister who stays in Orlando. I havent been there since June, but maybe again next year.
Thanks dude! I really miss Orlando

Originally Posted by rockstar143
Love those wide wide angle shots...your car really is looking great, man. In person and camera.

What wheels are you going for? I need tires for the works, then...they go back on the car.

J.
Thanks Jeremy! Happy new year to you sir!

I'll PM you the wheels I'm looking at. It all depends on how much my tax return is. If I get as much back as I think I'm going to, the wheels will be mine. If not, I'll just enjoy the A-Specs.
Old 01-02-2012, 06:51 PM
Whats up with RDX owners?

Received 8,385 Likes on 4,933 Posts
If you can't swing whatever wheels youre looking at, you could always pic up a set that I have laying around (not the Works of RJs, those are gone).
Old 01-02-2012, 07:07 PM

What do you have?
Old 01-27-2012, 09:49 AM

I don't have much to post but I thought I would give a little update to what's been going on. Opposite of how the last year has been, I rarely drive my car at all. Some of you may be asking, why is that Tyler?, and I'm here to answer that for you. I got my lousy 2-year degree from a local community college and I transferred to a university about an hour south of Raleigh. Instead of commuting everyday, I got an apartment and I live right next to campus, therefore the TL sits around a lot. I miss driving it but I don't miss filling up twice a week. Now that I have no income, I'm pretty stingy on what I spend my money on.

So I live in a typical college apartment complex. It's fairly nice mostly because I'm going to a private college and it's right next to campus. I don't think the school would like shit ass apartments to be built so close to the brand new gym

Anyways, even though it's a nice area, people can't park for shit, therefore the TL is parked in the middle of nowhere. Like so...

Yes I'm over the line. Drunk people coming and leaving almost gurantees dents and paint imperfections to "magically" appear on my car. Parking a few feet away from the line will (hopefully) prevent against that.

"Tyler you're one of those assholes who think their car is the shit. You park like a dick." Possibly. I know I don't have a Ferrari but I love my car. I have a lot of time and money put into that thing and I don't want some drunk bitch opening her Range Rover's door into my car. No one, including apartment staff, have said anything about how my car is parked. Until then, I will continue to park like that.

"But why Tyler? I just don't understand?!?!?" Oh so you want an example? Okay, here you go...

Big trucks all over. Or you have people like this who take up the whole striped section of the lot...

They are probably fat and don't want to walk too far to their building. Fuckers.

At first I wanted to park next to my building so I can see the car and make sure it's okay (yes I'm paranoid, get off my dick) BUT I soon learned not to. Here's why...

It's deeper than it looks. The Avalanche is in the shallow section.

So yeah. The TL is sitting, undriven, in a college parking lot. Poor little fella

Because of that, I'm not sure what else will be done to the car. On every channel of audio (CD, radio, input, etc) I have a nasty static noise that drives me crazy. Only when the volume is turned down to 0 or "-", the noise goes away. It may be the stock amp or I think it may be a bad ground. Whatever it is, it's fucking annoying and it needs to go away. I have to turn my volume up to 25 or 30 just to drown it out

So yeah, there you go. End of January update for the Stormtrooper TL. I hope everyone is doing well
Old 01-27-2012, 09:57 AM
WDP Type-S sitting on air

Received 63 Likes on 58 Posts
haha tyler i totally understand why you park like that. when i lived on campus at state i parked on the 3rd floor of the deck where noone parks and my car didnt move much just to keep my car away from people.
Old 01-27-2012, 10:14 AM
2014 Jeep SRT

Received 1,615 Likes on 1,030 Posts
Oh memories....when I was in college, I had a beater Accord that I only used to drive home every other weekend. For commuting to class and around town near the school, I drove my R6. I loved it because you can literally find a parking spot anywhere. Wake up 10 minutes before class? No problem...park it right where all the other kids park their mountain bikes and walk right in the building. lol.
Old 01-27-2012, 10:15 AM
2012 TL SH-AWD

Received 119 Likes on 104 Posts
Very funny but true story, there's a lot a$$holes out there that don't care. I spend every 6 month or so on paying someone to remove door dings of my cars. I wonder if I can deduct on my taxes
Old 01-27-2012, 10:24 AM
Aired Out TLS

Received 161 Likes on 124 Posts
I was out shoppping with the family and decided to take up two parking spots for the hell of it.
There was plenty of parking, but somebody took there sweet old time to write me a note and put this on my windshield lmao.

Old 01-27-2012, 10:59 AM

Thats how I park at work. The people just dont care about their cars
Old 01-27-2012, 11:13 AM
2014 Jeep SRT

Received 1,615 Likes on 1,030 Posts
Originally Posted by Beat-Freak...
I was out shoppping with the family and decided to take up two parking spots for the hell of it.
There was plenty of parking, but somebody took there sweet old time to write me a note and put this on my windshield lmao.
I don't care when people double park at the mall/grocery store as long as it's at the other end of the parking lot away from all the other cars. If someone double parks near the store where everyone else is trying to park, that really ticks me off.
Old 01-27-2012, 11:16 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 126 Likes on 103 Posts
I think a lot of us park like that.

Me? I gets that mad tyght jdm angle hard parking stance that takes up 4 spots
Old 01-27-2012, 11:26 AM
BANNED

Received 2,885 Likes on 1,784 Posts
shweet update, tyler. congrats on starting college life!

i like how you folded your mirrors in too...nice touch.
Old 01-27-2012, 11:51 AM
takin care of Business in

Received 4,732 Likes on 4,064 Posts
hahaha nice update.....

and on parking that way....i would come very very early to grab that spot....
Old 01-27-2012, 12:07 PM
Drifting

Received 407 Likes on 338 Posts
this thread has now surpassed 1337 status

looks good tyler!
Old 01-27-2012, 12:32 PM

Ha ha...I park like that too. I'd probably invest in one of those expensive car covers that you can put a lock on. Just an idea...but location, you park great. I'd just keep a pair of shoes in the car, roll my jeans up and have wet feet and enjoy my personal car moat in that other parking spot.

About the noise, I could be wrong, but I hate to break it to you...it's probably the oem amp. Mine did this too and since I was using it to amplify my aftermarket amp signal it was BAD.

Check out that thread by uncald4 where he's making these little RF amps fit in the stock location. You lose center and sub but can add aftermarket amp for that too. Worth it if you just want stock a little louder.

J.
Old 01-27-2012, 12:41 PM
Chapter Leader (Houston)

Received 1,085 Likes on 810 Posts
Just the way I used to park at my apartment. They threatened to tow it a bunch of times until they eventaully gave me free covered parking in a spot that no one parks next to arrrrghhh I have that annoying static too
Old 01-27-2012, 02:32 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 269 Likes on 229 Posts

if it were me I'd scratch it into your door, not leave a note. Pretty lucky guy you are.
Old 01-27-2012, 02:48 PM
Your Friendly Canadian

Received 1,485 Likes on 1,049 Posts
Your car looks like some shy introverted nerd, sitting in the corner with its mirrors all cuddled up

But congrats on starting school! How's it going so far?
Old 01-27-2012, 03:02 PM
Aired Out TLS

Received 161 Likes on 124 Posts
Originally Posted by myron
if it were me I'd scratch it into your door, not leave a note. Pretty lucky guy you are.
Scratch it into my door? Kinda harsh my friend, no need to be ANAL unless your that kind of person. Anyways like i said there was plenty of parking, and i was parked away from everyone else by myself. If i caught them doing that, thats when the weapons of mass distruction comes out from the trunk or the TL will be crashed into the other persons car know what i mean.
Old 01-27-2012, 09:52 PM

Thou shalt not harm another mans vehicle, unless thine own vehicle beget a similar fate.
Old 01-27-2012, 10:34 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 146 Likes on 87 Posts
I'm sure most people would return the favor by scratching it onto your face if you did that...

Tyler, congratulations buddy! What are you majoring in?
Old 01-27-2012, 10:52 PM
I'm Craig

Received 299 Likes on 207 Posts
Hey congratulations Tyler! I bet it feels awesome to have your own place. Where is Mitzi?

The TL should be okay outside as long as its a safe area. Cars are cars, some rain and sun won't ruin em. Its just the other people...

I'll deal with the same situation this fall, leaving my car outside at college, all year round. Nervous.
Old 01-27-2012, 11:50 PM
Team Owner

Received 6,470 Likes on 5,162 Posts
I park like that ALL the time. Best of luck in school, buddy.
Old 01-30-2012, 07:47 AM
Drifting

you must have a pretty shitty life to vandalize peoples property based on how they park.
Old 01-30-2012, 07:51 AM
5th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
nice
Old 01-30-2012, 08:00 AM
Drifting

Received 486 Likes on 371 Posts
IT BE ON LIKE NECKBONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The following users liked this post:
civicdrivr (01-30-2012)
Old 01-30-2012, 08:07 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by aphan
nice
please at least read the threads, and/or reply with something more than 'nice' to everything to get your post count up.
Old 01-30-2012, 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by rptls08
haha tyler i totally understand why you park like that. when i lived on campus at state i parked on the 3rd floor of the deck where noone parks and my car didnt move much just to keep my car away from people.
You've got to!

I noticed there is a girl in my apartment complex that has a WDP Type-S. It looked flawless until a few days ago when I noticed that someone hit her car. Looks like someone was backing out and turned the wheel too early. Parking in the middle of nowhere ftw.

Originally Posted by ebelp
Oh memories....when I was in college, I had a beater Accord that I only used to drive home every other weekend. For commuting to class and around town near the school, I drove my R6. I loved it because you can literally find a parking spot anywhere. Wake up 10 minutes before class? No problem...park it right where all the other kids park their mountain bikes and walk right in the building. lol.
That's awesome!

I like bikes but I don't think I'll ever have one. I would probably end up killing myself. Edit: The stupid ass drivers here in NC would probably kill me.

Originally Posted by Zelaya
Very funny but true story, there's a lot a$$holes out there that don't care. I spend every 6 month or so on paying someone to remove door dings of my cars. I wonder if I can deduct on my taxes
Yep, people just don't care. They park over lines, walk into side mirrors and bend them the wrong way, etc. I've been sitting in my car and had people do all sorts of shit while walking past. You should have seen the look on their face when I got out of my car and called them out.

That's awesome.

Originally Posted by civicdrivr
Thats how I park at work. The people just dont care about their cars
Later in life I'll have a daily beater and a nice weekend car that I can be anal about. I'll always take good care of my cars, whether they are a little eco-box or a Lamborghini.

Originally Posted by ebelp
I don't care when people double park at the mall/grocery store as long as it's at the other end of the parking lot away from all the other cars. If someone double parks near the store where everyone else is trying to park, that really ticks me off.
Agreed. I can't stand that.

Originally Posted by I are LEGEND
I think a lot of us park like that.

Me? I gets that mad tyght jdm angle hard parking stance that takes up 4 spots
Hellz yeah!

Originally Posted by SharksBreath
shweet update, tyler. congrats on starting college life!

i like how you folded your mirrors in too...nice touch.
Thank you sir! Congrats once again on your engagement

I usually don't give a shit about the mirrors but I figured why not? The car only gets driven once a week now, usually on the weekends, and God only knows what kind of drivers park next to my car. Better to be safe than sorry!

Originally Posted by swoosh
hahaha nice update.....

and on parking that way....i would come very very early to grab that spot....
Luckily the apartment complex has plenty of spots for residents to park. I'm towards the back of the lot where nobody wants to walk from so it's pretty much guaranteed that I get "my spot"

Originally Posted by veggiemonster
this thread has now surpassed 1337 status

looks good tyler!
Thank you sir! I don't get the 1337 status though

You're too hood for my comprehension

Ha ha...I park like that too. I'd probably invest in one of those expensive car covers that you can put a lock on. Just an idea...but location, you park great. I'd just keep a pair of shoes in the car, roll my jeans up and have wet feet and enjoy my personal car moat in that other parking spot.

About the noise, I could be wrong, but I hate to break it to you...it's probably the oem amp. Mine did this too and since I was using it to amplify my aftermarket amp signal it was BAD.

Check out that thread by uncald4 where he's making these little RF amps fit in the stock location. You lose center and sub but can add aftermarket amp for that too. Worth it if you just want stock a little louder.

J.
I thought about parking in that lake but the problem is that you can't see the lines, so people just pull in and park at all sorts of fucked up angles and such. I'll just walk an extra 30 feet and know my car is okay

Yeah I figured it was the amp. A thread was created a while back about it and I know it's becoming pretty common. Effing $300 for the aftermarket one but I'll probably end up getting it. I can't stand the noise.

Originally Posted by TLDude876
Just the way I used to park at my apartment. They threatened to tow it a bunch of times until they eventaully gave me free covered parking in a spot that no one parks next to arrrrghhh I have that annoying static too
Lucky ass! There are NO carports or garages at this complex.

Whoa now

Originally Posted by Aman
Your car looks like some shy introverted nerd, sitting in the corner with its mirrors all cuddled up

But congrats on starting school! How's it going so far?
So it looks like you?

School is going great so far! I absolutely love it down here. It's in BFE so I don't have many distractions, I just go to school and back to the apartment to get my shit done.

Plus I'm only about 45 minutes from Raleigh so if I need to go home, I don't have to plan out a whole day to do it.

Scratch it into my door? Kinda harsh my friend, no need to be ANAL unless your that kind of person. Anyways like i said there was plenty of parking, and i was parked away from everyone else by myself. If i caught them doing that, thats when the weapons of mass distruction comes out from the trunk or the TL will be crashed into the other persons car know what i mean.
Bee

Originally Posted by civicdrivr
Thou shalt not harm another mans vehicle, unless thine own vehicle beget a similar fate.
Tword nah

Originally Posted by akplaya92
I'm sure most people would return the favor by scratching it onto your face if you did that...

Tyler, congratulations buddy! What are you majoring in?

Thanks Amir! I'm majoring in Public Relations with a minor in Management. I'll probably take a few extra classes and Major in Health Communications as well. Hopefully that will open a few extra job opportunities for me.

I know it's not the most prestigious thing in the world but I want to enjoy what I do later in life. I know a lot of people here on Acurazine have met me and I'm sure you can tell that I enjoy talking with people and such. I'm a pretty open person and enjoy working with people so I figured this is right up my alley.

Originally Posted by cjTL
Hey congratulations Tyler! I bet it feels awesome to have your own place. Where is Mitzi?

The TL should be okay outside as long as its a safe area. Cars are cars, some rain and sun won't ruin em. Its just the other people...

I'll deal with the same situation this fall, leaving my car outside at college, all year round. Nervous.
I love my parents but I'm glad I'm out of there. I mean I had it pretty good, free meals, free rent, free clothes, etc, but it almost wasn't worth the constant nagging.

Mitzi is at NC State. From door to door she's about 40 minutes away so it's not too bad. We alternate weekends driving over to see each other. I came home last weekend and she drove down and spent this weekend with me. It's working out pretty well!

Yeah I'm not too concerned with the weather and the car. I would love a car cover but I want a fancy one and I can't justify the cost

Where are you attending school in the fall?

Originally Posted by Steven Bell
I park like that ALL the time. Best of luck in school, buddy.
Sounds like I'm in the majority when it comes to parking between spots

Thank you Steven!

you must have a pretty shitty life to vandalize peoples property based on how they park.

Originally Posted by aphan
nice
IT'S ONLY NICE HUH? THAT'S ALL YOU'VE GOT TO SAY ABOUT MY CAR?!?! GTFO N00B, ACURAZINE DOESN'T WANT YOU HERE.

Just kidding. Thanks man.

please at least read the threads, and/or reply with something more than 'nice' to everything to get your post count up.

Originally Posted by Italiano
IT BE ON LIKE NECKBONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Meet me at the mawwwwllll, it's goin down."

Old 01-30-2012, 09:38 AM
Drifting

1337 posts (leet...elite...i'm a nerd)
Old 01-30-2012, 10:22 AM
WDP Type-S sitting on air

Received 63 Likes on 58 Posts
Originally Posted by CLtotheTL32
You've got to!

I noticed there is a girl in my apartment complex that has a WDP Type-S. It looked flawless until a few days ago when I noticed that someone hit her car. Looks like someone was backing out and turned the wheel too early. Parking in the middle of nowhere ftw.
pics of said girl with type S or she doesnt exist
Old 01-30-2012, 10:25 AM

1337 posts (leet...elite...i'm a nerd)
Oh wow. Yeah, I never would have guessed what that meant

Originally Posted by rptls08
pics of said girl with type S or she doesnt exist
You don't want a picture of her. Trust me.
Old 01-30-2012, 10:29 AM
Team Owner

Received 2,334 Likes on 1,962 Posts
I used to park like that all the time.
Old 01-30-2012, 05:04 PM

Oh so you're too cool to park like an asshole now?
Old 01-30-2012, 05:32 PM

I still do!

Yeah, no kidding...or find another oem amp, but that's still $240 and there's no guarantee whether or not you'll have the issue again. I wish someone that knows about this stuff would open it up and see which capacitor is failing or something
Old 01-30-2012, 06:13 PM

I still do!

Yeah, no kidding...or find another oem amp, but that's still $240 and there's no guarantee whether or not you'll have the issue again. I wish someone that knows about this stuff would open it up and see which capacitor is failing or something
Agreed. I went for a drive earlier and I didn't even turn on the radio. Any volume level under 20 or so doesn't mask the static enough.

I've read in a few threads that it's either the stock amp or it's a bad ground. I have no idea where the grounding location is so I can't check it.

This effing car
Old 01-30-2012, 06:16 PM

The factory amp is located in the passenger side kick panel. I believe the ground wire is on the brown plug, but I can't be 100% certain.

BTW, Uncald4 sells a replacement amp using a small Rockford Fosgate amp.

Quick Reply: CLtotheTL32-My Asparasocks/BS Thread !!