Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 12:15 PM
Team Owner

Received 3,628 Likes on 1,768 Posts
Can't wait to see it in person!
Old 04-05-2011, 01:14 PM

Received 9,507 Likes on 6,176 Posts
Originally Posted by CubanLynx84
I can't really say I notice the cai. Especially with the V3 j-pipe and the atlp quads.
True. With those two things done I'm sure it's hard to tell. A CAI was the first thing I did to my car performance wise so it was noticeable.

Originally Posted by ACCURATEin
Congrats man. TL looks better than ever!
Thanks Eric! I really appreciate that man! Hopefully I'll see you and the rest of the Charlotte crew soon.

Originally Posted by rptls08
looks really good man! i like how they match your tail lights.
Thanks Ravin! I just texted you. Hopefully we can get together and take some pictures.

Originally Posted by 08A-SPEC
Looks great! Keep up the nice work!
Thank you

Originally Posted by Flipster23
Lookin good!
Thanks! I love these wheels more than ever

Originally Posted by 06cmv6
looks nice...i like the gunmetal look better than the other color they were powdercoated anyways
Believe it or not but the wheels are the exact same color. In direct sunlight they look grey but in certain lighting they look crazy dark.

Originally Posted by Aman
for being patient and doing it right. I kinda like the capless look too. It has its own appeal.

Any rubbing? It looks like you're cutting it REAL close.
I've been wanting to get these wheels done ever since I got them back in summer 2009. Because it's taken me so long to get them redone, I wanted them done correctly.

EVERY car has centercaps so I figured why the hell not? It's not like it's hard to slap them back in or anything.

My rear fenders had to be rolled and the fronts were left alone. I had my mom, dad, and the 4 stock wheels and tires in my car last night and I didn't rub at all. I have no complaints.

Originally Posted by Mr. Maker
Can't wait to see it in person!
Thanks! Hopefully I'll make my way up there soon!
Old 04-05-2011, 01:37 PM
Chapter Leader (South Florida Region)

Received 19,994 Likes on 14,502 Posts
Wow, congrats man! Looking great...it's funny, until recently I never even noticed the difference (or didn't know I was looking at the difference with a nice setup vs one that was tucked in) in the flushness...but once you DO notice it you realize that it's as important to stance as is the ride height! Spacers get the job done. I'm looking to get a few for my fiance's 8th gen accord...she's lowered but stock 17's are sitting super tucked in. Might even go with 30MM rears!

Congrats, btw, after all the heartache nice to see it was worth it.

PS...about fender rolling, the rear is harder, the front...IF you end up rubbing, heat gun and the handle of a hammer (easy to put some torque on it to twist it) and you can do it yourself. With the +35 fronts with the pretty chunky 235 tire I was rubbing (I'm also a bit lower) and don't have negative camber...i was able to do the fronts by heating and using the hammer handle...then you progressively lower the car more to give you the angle...then for the front of the fender where it meets the front bumper I dremeled a cut into it and bent both sides up.

JUST an fyi in case you end up having to do this if/when you get new wheels or your next set of tires are more wide.

Lucky you, all 4 wheels in the car and 3 people...I'd have to lose some bass to make that happen!
Old 04-05-2011, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by rockstar143
Wow, congrats man! Looking great...it's funny, until recently I never even noticed the difference (or didn't know I was looking at the difference with a nice setup vs one that was tucked in) in the flushness...but once you DO notice it you realize that it's as important to stance as is the ride height! Spacers get the job done. I'm looking to get a few for my fiance's 8th gen accord...she's lowered but stock 17's are sitting super tucked in. Might even go with 30MM rears!

Congrats, btw, after all the heartache nice to see it was worth it.

PS...about fender rolling, the rear is harder, the front...IF you end up rubbing, heat gun and the handle of a hammer (easy to put some torque on it to twist it) and you can do it yourself. With the +35 fronts with the pretty chunky 235 tire I was rubbing (I'm also a bit lower) and don't have negative camber...i was able to do the fronts by heating and using the hammer handle...then you progressively lower the car more to give you the angle...then for the front of the fender where it meets the front bumper I dremeled a cut into it and bent both sides up.

JUST an fyi in case you end up having to do this if/when you get new wheels or your next set of tires are more wide.

Lucky you, all 4 wheels in the car and 3 people...I'd have to lose some bass to make that happen!
Thanks Jeremy! Yeah I didn't think it was a big deal that the A-Specs weren't spaced out but now I don't think I'll ever be HELLAsunk again. I love the look and I'm not form>function either. It looks good and it's practical for a DD.

I'm +30 up front with a 245 tire with ~1.2 degrees of camber on each side. Honestly it's not that close to rubbing. If I start to rub I'll take your advice and do what you said. Thanks for the tip

Yeah I was expecting to rub last night and I didn't. That was before my alignment this morning too!

A crazy storm hit here last night so my car is filthy once again. You get the point though...

This picture really shows off what the wheels look like in direct sunlight...

My milage as of today...

My copilot when my girlfriend isn't sitting shotty...

And now I'm off to work to make money that I'm just going to pour into this damn car.
Old 04-05-2011, 02:10 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 84 Likes on 79 Posts
wheels look nice
Old 04-05-2011, 02:10 PM
BANNED

Received 2,885 Likes on 1,784 Posts
HA!

nice shot of the copilot!
Old 04-05-2011, 02:52 PM
I'm Craig

Received 299 Likes on 207 Posts
Hot. As someone else mentioned, the wheels match the tails now, it all just flows. The color looks mean. Brilliant work.

Looking forward to the 105K service? I hit the 6 digit mark Saturday.
Old 04-05-2011, 03:57 PM
Whats up with RDX owners?

Received 8,392 Likes on 4,937 Posts
Originally Posted by CLtotheTL32

Car looks great! And you know Im just busting your balls about the center caps
Old 04-05-2011, 05:58 PM
Flagship Aspec

Received 46 Likes on 39 Posts
Looks good to me, nice plate...and alien.
Old 04-05-2011, 06:10 PM

Great, I love how dark they look in the shade! Did you think about that option to have stickers made? Maybe white ones to go with your car? Then, if you ever get bored you can remove them!

PS...your tires look like they will last you a very long time! I was close to 0 camber, I've since given myself a LITTLE bit in the front and rolled the fender and burned off some of the liner with the tire. Now, I don't rub much. I tried raising the rear in case I have someone sit in it...but I couldn't live with the front tucking and the back a little gappy. PS...did you know you can adjust coilovers with the wheel still on the car?!?! at least the rear I was able to!

AND, on a side note, anyone else hate that your gas needle moves at 17 miles...then drops almost to 1/2 tank at around 60 then just sits there till almost 150. I swear, I drive it chill as heck...and it is still at 3/4 by 60 miles...then I just say fuck it doesn't matter anyway and start driving how I want to! I wish the needle would stay put...stupid, I know, but my RSX-S used to not move until 53 miles. Although I was still putting almost 50 bucks in a supped up civic so I guess I shouldn't complain.
Old 04-05-2011, 07:05 PM
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Looks great. The spacers really made a difference. How much camber in the rear?

Yeah I was expecting to rub last night and I didn't.
Old 04-05-2011, 07:26 PM
3.5L...enough said

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts
Rims look good bro! I like the look with the spacers. I got a set now, I have to pick up another set for when I throw my aspecs back on. The co-pilot looks like a hood!
Old 04-05-2011, 08:57 PM
Chapter Leader (Northeast Florida)

Received 81 Likes on 58 Posts
Your wheel setup is looking good .
Old 04-05-2011, 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by VQPower37
wheels look nice
Thank you!

Originally Posted by SharksBreath
HA!

nice shot of the copilot!
Haha thanks. He's the man.

Originally Posted by cjTL
Hot. As someone else mentioned, the wheels match the tails now, it all just flows. The color looks mean. Brilliant work.

Looking forward to the 105K service? I hit the 6 digit mark Saturday.
Thanks Craig! When I picked the color, either it was going to be a brilliant decision or it was going to fail. When I first picked up the wheels I thought I failed and then I got them on the car and I'm in love. I had quite a few people today stare at my car. Made me feel good

No I'm not looking forward to the 105k service at all. At idle I'm starting to get some vibrations in my brake pedal and steering wheel so I think the motor mounts are starting to go bad. Plus my brake rotors are warped so those need to be replaced as well. Ugh.

Originally Posted by civicdrivr

Car looks great! And you know Im just busting your balls about the center caps
Haha yeah I know man. Considering I've never seen centercaps on your Works, I knew you wouldn't bust my balls seriously about that. I kind of like the look! Different!

And Cosmo is tha shit. Hopefully you'll meet him soon! He's been to a few local meets already

Originally Posted by tc5280
Looks good to me, nice plate...and alien.
Alien?!?!?!

Yeah he's a bit bug eyed. Poor little fella can't help it. He's cute in an ugly way

Great, I love how dark they look in the shade! Did you think about that option to have stickers made? Maybe white ones to go with your car? Then, if you ever get bored you can remove them!

PS...your tires look like they will last you a very long time! I was close to 0 camber, I've since given myself a LITTLE bit in the front and rolled the fender and burned off some of the liner with the tire. Now, I don't rub much. I tried raising the rear in case I have someone sit in it...but I couldn't live with the front tucking and the back a little gappy. PS...did you know you can adjust coilovers with the wheel still on the car?!?! at least the rear I was able to!

AND, on a side note, anyone else hate that your gas needle moves at 17 miles...then drops almost to 1/2 tank at around 60 then just sits there till almost 150. I swear, I drive it chill as heck...and it is still at 3/4 by 60 miles...then I just say fuck it doesn't matter anyway and start driving how I want to! I wish the needle would stay put...stupid, I know, but my RSX-S used to not move until 53 miles. Although I was still putting almost 50 bucks in a supped up civic so I guess I shouldn't complain.
Yeah I've considered the stickers but I just don't have the time as of right now. I have class everyday, work, and then yardwork for some neighbors. I'm not trying to make excuses, I want the stickers done, but they are low on my to-do list.

Well my front two tires are pretty worn down while the rear two are fairly new. The specs have been posted below

I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one with a fucked up gas needle. I drive 30 miles and it doesn't move but then I drive another 30 miles and it's down to 3/4. Wtf.

Originally Posted by Dougboy
Looks great. The spacers really made a difference. How much camber in the rear?
Thanks! I really want your wheels

I've posted my specs below all of these responses.

Originally Posted by 07TLTypeS420
Rims look good bro! I like the look with the spacers. I got a set now, I have to pick up another set for when I throw my aspecs back on. The co-pilot looks like a hood!
Thanks man! I never thought I would have put spacers on my car but they really do change the whole look of the car. I love them and I look forward to seeing yours installed on your car!

Yeah he's my buddy. Some friends didn't want him anymore and were going to take him to the pound. My girlfriend and I couldn't let that happen so we took him in. He's such a good dog and always down for a ride in the passenger seat.

Originally Posted by FYAH TL
Your wheel setup is looking good .
Thank you! It's nothing compared to your setup but I'm happy...for now

Camber/Toe
Front Left: -1.4/-0.02
Front Right: -1.1/0.01
Rear Left: -1.0/0.04
Rear Right: -1.0/-0.03

Yeah that chart sucks ass but you get the point. I have the Ingalls Camber Kit on the rear and the front is stock.
Old 04-05-2011, 10:38 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Old 04-06-2011, 09:17 AM

Thanks Alex! I'm looking forward to seeing your car dumped on those H&R coils
Old 04-06-2011, 10:13 AM
under renovations....

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts
I see your co-pilot and think taco bell hehehe.
Old 04-06-2011, 10:16 AM
under renovations....

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts
I think if you do the caps the same color you should do the "A" either in red or white.
Old 04-07-2011, 09:38 AM
Aired Out TLS

Received 161 Likes on 124 Posts
Looking good man. Some tire shine would set those wheels off
Old 04-07-2011, 10:09 AM
Land of 10,000 lakes

Received 204 Likes on 155 Posts
Wow, loving the new wheels! Keep up the great work.

WDP represent!
Old 04-07-2011, 10:27 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 762 Likes on 570 Posts
Wheels look great powdercoated and I like the 'no center caps' look personally!
Old 04-07-2011, 10:34 AM

I see your co-pilot and think taco bell hehehe.
I think if you do the caps the same color you should do the "A" either in red or white.
Haha yeah my girlfriend and I are going to buy him a taco suit for Halloween this year

Ideally I would like the centercaps to be colormatched to the wheel with the "A" being black. I've thought about white but I think it will be too distracting.

Originally Posted by Beat-Freak...
Looking good man. Some tire shine would set those wheels off
Thanks Bee! The car is filthy and it keeps raining so I'm not going to take the time to clean the car. Hopefully it will be cleaned soon!

Originally Posted by nate_0022
Wow, loving the new wheels! Keep up the great work.

WDP represent!
WDP FTW! Thanks man

Originally Posted by skd2k1
Wheels look great powdercoated and I like the 'no center caps' look personally!
Thank you sir! I'm happy with the color of the wheels and I'm enjoying no centercaps as well! It's something simple and different that isn't costing me anything to do.

Ballin on a budget
Old 04-07-2011, 06:52 PM
2006 TL: WDP/Ebony

Received 120 Likes on 119 Posts
love the setup.. plates lol WDP FTW!!
Old 04-08-2011, 01:09 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 146 Likes on 87 Posts
Looks awesome Tyler. Now you need some slotted rotors.
Old 04-08-2011, 01:32 PM
JnC
Former Sponsor

Received 351 Likes on 227 Posts

Old 04-08-2011, 02:23 PM
'13 Hyundai Sonata

Received 99 Likes on 91 Posts
Looks sick dude. Congrats
Old 04-10-2011, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by JnC
Old 04-11-2011, 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by omnuts
love the setup.. plates lol WDP FTW!!
Thanks! I love looking in my rear view mirror when stopped at red lights to see a car full of people trying to figure out what it means.

Originally Posted by akplaya92
Looks awesome Tyler. Now you need some slotted rotors.
Thank you sir! The rotors, pads, and brake lines will be replaced when the 105k service goes down. I've been on HeelToe quite a bit recently building my own brake package.

Originally Posted by JnC

I'm part German so that goes pretty well. I don't hate Jews though.

Originally Posted by TLin401
Looks sick dude. Congrats
Thanks

Agreed. How about you get your effing wheels put on the car already?

So it's official...I rub

I think if I was running 235s instead of 245s I wouldn't. It barely rubs on the very very outside edge of the tire. I only hear it when I go over a dip in the road or when I'm taking a turn with some speed. I'm not too worried about it though. Gotta pay to play.
Old 04-11-2011, 09:53 AM

You gotta give yourself some camber...or roll a little fender!
LOL...
heat it up with the heat gun...jack car up a little to fit hammer handle in...then proceed to roll back. It will work! Trust me, and isn't too hard. Or preemptively go get them all rolled professionally...good 100 bucks to spend probably!
Old 04-11-2011, 11:33 AM

You gotta give yourself some camber...or roll a little fender!
LOL...
heat it up with the heat gun...jack car up a little to fit hammer handle in...then proceed to roll back. It will work! Trust me, and isn't too hard. Or preemptively go get them all rolled professionally...good 100 bucks to spend probably!
I've got a degree of camber in the rear and my fenders ARE rolled. I think running a 245 is fucking me.
Old 04-11-2011, 12:16 PM

run another 1/2 degree?!?!
Hmmm....yeah, you're right...235's for me are barely clearing...the 245's are DEFINITELY doing it for you.
Old 04-11-2011, 02:17 PM
Regional Coordinator (Southeast)

Received 3,791 Likes on 2,555 Posts
About time you finally got them on
Old 04-13-2011, 09:49 AM

Sorry about the pictures, PB is doing site maintenance and my pictures aren't working and I can't upload any either

run another 1/2 degree?!?!
Hmmm....yeah, you're right...235's for me are barely clearing...the 245's are DEFINITELY doing it for you.
Unfortunately. Fuck.

Originally Posted by CCColtsicehockey
About time you finally got them on
Shit tell me about it. Thanks Jason
Old 04-13-2011, 10:11 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 269 Likes on 229 Posts
I'm part German so that goes pretty well. I don't hate Jews though.
Are you part Serbian too? I think we talked on FB a few years ago about your last name when acurazine got a group on there.

now I can't remember if that was you or not
Old 04-13-2011, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by myron
Are you part Serbian too? I think we talked on FB a few years ago about your last name when acurazine got a group on there.

now I can't remember if that was you or not
Haha yeah that was me. My last name is actually Yugoslavian but my dad has some Serbian in him as well as some Dutch. My mom is mostly German and has some Irish in her too.

My heritage is just a cluster-fuck
Old 04-13-2011, 11:07 AM

^^^out of context...that sounds like quite a party

Ha ha...same here...Swiss/Italian Mexican/Irish/Canadian.
Old 04-13-2011, 11:07 AM

Youre a mutt.
Old 04-13-2011, 11:16 AM

^^^out of context...that sounds like quite a party

Ha ha...same here...Swiss/Italian Mexican/Irish/Canadian.
So your from north and south of the border! Do you put maple syrup on your burritos?

Youre a mutt.
Still flyer than you are bitch
Old 04-13-2011, 11:27 AM

and swiss cheese on my quesadillas...
and chocolate on my bacon.

Look who's making mutt jokes...

PS...someone went and organized their photobucket!!! you broke the links to a lot of your pics. Look at page 1.
Old 04-13-2011, 11:30 AM

and swiss cheese on my quesadillas...
and chocolate on my bacon.

Look who's making mutt jokes...

PS...someone went and organized their photobucket!!! you broke the links to a lot of your pics. Look at page 1.
Haha I'm just picking on you. Yugoslavia isn't even around anymore so I can't say much

Photobucket is doing site maintenance and all of my links are broken until they are done...

"Sorry for the inconvenience. We're in the middle of resolving an issue that affects a small percentage of our users. Rest assured your photos are safe, and we're working hard to get it fixed ASAP.

The estimated time to get this completed is approximately the end of today (04/12/11), 11 pm EDT. We apologize sincerely for the error, and we understand the problems this creates.

Thanks for your patience. We'll update with info on our Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/photobucket) and Twitter pages (http://twitter.com/Photobucket) as we know more.

Thanks,
The Photobucket Team"

Quick Reply: CLtotheTL32-My Asparasocks/BS Thread !!