Official TURBO KIT DEPOSIT THREAD

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 08:27 AM
Safety Car

Received 435 Likes on 328 Posts
Rodney/John, I'd take TheChamp531's offer to work on your site. I would even be willing to help you out there as well. The one thing you'll need to do is share some of the info regarding specifics of the parts but keep a lid on the custom parts and suppliers.

It's very obvious that you guys are the technical part of this and it would be helpful if your presentation was cleaner.

Please don't take offense to this. Others are saying this in a harsh manner but they have a point. In marketing a product, the technical team is usually not good marketers.

Since I am already locked into the purchase I won't take this info and try and side step buying from you. Maybe TheChamp531 and I could work on this together. Clearing everything with you before sharing ANY information.

Just a suggestion.
Old 08-31-2009, 09:51 AM
I got the Shifts

Received 230 Likes on 163 Posts
Originally Posted by pass427
Not to be ignorant but phee what errors I'd rather spend the Money right now where it's most needed and important and that would be in developing the kit , because in all honesty at the end of the day that's what people are going to be happy with the product,as far as website goes everything evolves as time goes and we grow things can be addressed and fixed , the old saying goes creep before you walk .....
i see they were fixed. i hadnt visited the site in a couple of weeks.

as for creeping before i walk? thats what i meant by your responses. no one here is trying to attack you in any way shape or form.

if champ is willing to do your site
then i can help with the videos. I have HD cams and ive won numerous awards for my video productions. Including an Emmy award that i won in high school.

So maybe you should use your resources and stop being defensive when people are offering insight.
Old 08-31-2009, 10:15 AM
Chapter Leader (Southern Region)

Received 11,843 Likes on 8,574 Posts
I think we should help Rodney market this kit by buying the kit and posting our own videos..

The truth of the matter is marketing will sell but I think Rodney is being real about the kit.. This is a progressive project, which means he's still spending time & energy on the kit & tune, and making new media to market it.. I think we should be patient..

If you guys want.. take the source code on his page and edit it.. send him an email with the file so he can check it out.. or build your own page for him, post it up or email the code & files.
Old 08-31-2009, 11:39 AM
Chapter Leader (San Antonio)

Received 435 Likes on 320 Posts
We all want to help him, we don't even really care about money. I just it to be a success. I understand you want to save money to build a kit, but everything matters. You can't lean on one thing and be one minded when selling an object. You have to realize this is a chain, better marketing = more sales = more R&D = more videos = happy customers = even more sales = happy campers!

I don't mind in making a site or do anything else. Shoot, I'll buy you a seperate domain and site called www.Turbo-TL.com or something like that
Old 08-31-2009, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by Majofo
I think we should help Rodney market this kit by buying the kit and posting our own videos..

The truth of the matter is marketing will sell but I think Rodney is being real about the kit.. This is a progressive project, which means he's still spending time & energy on the kit & tune, and making new media to market it.. I think we should be patient..

If you guys want.. take the source code on his page and edit it.. send him an email with the file so he can check it out.. or build your own page for him, post it up or email the code & files.
6 months later...

Anyways Majofo you going to buy one? You still in ATX?
Old 08-31-2009, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by TheChamp531
6 months later...

Anyways Majofo you going to buy one? You still in ATX?
Not only am I broke.. I'm in debt.. lol.. So unless I hit the TX 2 Step or MegaMillions.. I'm not going to be on the list. If you get the kit I'll help with the install.
Old 08-31-2009, 11:59 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 48 Likes on 26 Posts
Hey I hope no one get the wrong idea not tring to be ignorant at all , but as far as help goes I'd never turn help down so I'll get with the champ and we can go from there actually I'll pm u and u and John can work on this thanks you all for chipping in to help
Old 09-01-2009, 05:51 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i need a better job.. AHH! been looking for a turbo kit for years and finally one out but no money =(
Old 09-01-2009, 07:48 PM
Burning Brakes

I would have expected phee & the champ on the list by now ... Lol... Site has been updated also probably not to everyone liking but for now seems fine til things get going..our main goal is to attend to people on the list and getting there product to them in a timely manner ..

Last edited by pass427; 09-01-2009 at 07:51 PM.
Old 09-01-2009, 08:03 PM
Safety Car

I would have expected phee & the champ on the list by now ... Lol... Site has been updated also probably not to everyone liking but for now seems fine til things get going..our main goal is to attend to people on the list and getting there product to them in a timely manner ..
November seems SO far away!
Old 09-01-2009, 10:46 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
^^^^and be prepared for more power and zero traction in NOVEMBER lol
Old 09-02-2009, 01:41 AM

Not only am I broke.. I'm in debt.. lol.. So unless I hit the TX 2 Step or MegaMillions.. I'm not going to be on the list. If you get the kit I'll help with the install.
Not help, do the whole thin!
Old 09-02-2009, 01:42 AM

Man I really want to, but debating right now. But I'll make other contributions in the meantime.
Old 09-02-2009, 02:14 AM

Not help, do the whole thin!

Large bottle of Grey Goose & Tropicana.. You need to start walking sometime though.. You might someday end up like Opel and have to work on it while on the side of the road..
Old 09-02-2009, 08:37 AM
I got the Shifts

Received 230 Likes on 163 Posts
i was hoping to be on the list. but im a second gen. your manifold doesnt fit my car because 3g heads are welded. the 2g's have a removeable manifold.

im already piecing my kit. this is gunna take a while

but pass, do you ever plan on visiting atlanta? i could shoot videos for you and we have tracks and about 6 local dynos. i have camera mounts and all types of stuff. all free

you could write the gas and hotel as a business expense.

i would help with the website but i cant do it for free. i will do it for a trade or REALLY cheap

heres some of my work
www.buckheadprivatetutoring.com -simple
www.leaderslegacy.com -little more involved

Last edited by phee; 09-02-2009 at 08:41 AM.
Old 09-02-2009, 03:53 PM

Large bottle of Grey Goose & Tropicana.. You need to start walking sometime though.. You might someday end up like Opel and have to work on it while on the side of the road..
How about GG citrus and Patron Silver and Pirate Rum, got those in my closet.
Old 09-02-2009, 05:52 PM
Three Wheelin'

How about GG citrus and Patron Silver and Pirate Rum, got those in my closet.
you guys are a bunch of alcoholics...roflllll <<how many fingers? lol
Old 09-03-2009, 10:38 PM
10th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
this is what im looking for haha.. whats the status so far? how many ppl have sent in the deposit?
Old 09-04-2009, 02:56 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I think 4?
Old 09-06-2009, 02:52 PM
Burning Brakes

We"re still waiting on the types owners , and anyone else for the base so far we have two types owners and four base model owners ... Link to send deposit
jandrnextlevelperformance.com .....
Old 09-07-2009, 07:04 PM
Pineapple of DOOM!!!!

We"re still waiting on the types owners , and anyone else for the base so far we have two types owners and four base model owners ... Link to send deposit
jandrnextlevelperformance.com .....

If you guys are still making these kits in a couple of years (thats when ill have the money and my warranty will be done) id love to get myhands on one of these...
Old 09-09-2009, 03:39 PM

Damn couple of years!? Get a loan from the bank and put the deposit down!
Old 09-10-2009, 12:42 AM
Racer

so is it true that the car will be in the shop frequently if we get this turbo? what kind of tweaking needs to be done on a daily basis? I think posts like on the other page will definitely scare people away from this that are on the fence.

I think a lot of people are like me where they want a daily driver that has power if we need it. But other than that, it's a dd.
Old 09-10-2009, 04:06 AM
runnin a little boost

Received 256 Likes on 208 Posts
Originally Posted by spiike
so is it true that the car will be in the shop frequently if we get this turbo? what kind of tweaking needs to be done on a daily basis? I think posts like on the other page will definitely scare people away from this that are on the fence.

I think a lot of people are like me where they want a daily driver that has power if we need it. But other than that, it's a dd.
I can't speak for JnR ,but no if the kit is tuned properly your car should be fine as a DD.

You are running 2x the HP of the car, so if you are scared about the car being in the shop this the wrong thread for you. I have been running 320 WHP for awhile as my DD with no problelms at all, but i am ready if I need to fix something.

371 HP is no joke, if you can't afford to pay don't play. You need to be ready for something bad to happen when playing at this level.
Old 09-10-2009, 08:11 AM
Safety Car

If I am wrong here, someone please chime in, but my thought was to monitor A/F via wideband and knock (still trying to figure that out) along with boost starting at low levels initially. Then bump it up in small intervals to make sure the maps are working well through out the boost range.

If my funds recover, I'll put money into dyno runs to see how far to go, but I am not looking to go nuts until that time.

Is this thinking correct?
Old 09-10-2009, 11:13 AM
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Damn couple of years!? Get a loan from the bank and put the deposit down!
that is not the smartest idea. if something goes wrong, u need cash, and alot of it

Originally Posted by Hi speed
I can't speak for JnR ,but no if the kit is tuned properly your car should be fine as a DD.

You are running 2x the HP of the car, so if you are scared about the car being in the shop this the wrong thread for you. I have been running 320 WHP for awhile as my DD with no problelms at all, but i am ready if I need to fix something.

371 HP is no joke, if you can't afford to pay don't play. You need to be ready for something bad to happen when playing at this level.
^^^ so true. i wouldnt get this kit is i didnt have 10k disposable cash

hence why im not getting the kit lol
Old 09-10-2009, 11:33 AM
Team Owner

Received 1,812 Likes on 1,283 Posts
Originally Posted by KN_TL
If I am wrong here, someone please chime in, but my thought was to monitor A/F via wideband and knock (still trying to figure that out) along with boost starting at low levels initially. Then bump it up in small intervals to make sure the maps are working well through out the boost range.

If my funds recover, I'll put money into dyno runs to see how far to go, but I am not looking to go nuts until that time.

Is this thinking correct?
That's the best and only way. Small increments. Turn the boost up, drive for a week monitoring everything and if all looks good, turn it up some more.
Old 09-10-2009, 12:40 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,090 Likes on 767 Posts
thats the way i overclock my CPUs... put it up a little... then do a stresstest... and run it for a week... if good, repeat until i hit my wall...

in this case lets hope your turbo TL doesn't hit a real wall..
Old 09-10-2009, 03:11 PM
1st 3g Turbo TL-S

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
come on ladies! lay down the dough and lets get these things rollin! we need to see TL's kickin tail all over the place!
Old 09-10-2009, 06:43 PM
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
There is Questions i still have, that i asked a few times and havent been answered by the producers of this kit. Why would i purchase it if my questions havent been answered?
Old 09-10-2009, 07:09 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Hi speed

Why does everything automatically assume people don't want to buy this because of the price? very narrow minded. I ask because of the inconvenience of having a DD in the shop all the time, as someone posted would happen, and WHY? What will go wrong that requires it to be in the shop "every month" which someone commented? Please be productive in responses. come on.
Old 09-10-2009, 07:18 PM
Racer

so are we talking about tranny failures? axle breaks? pinging? turbo hardware maintanance? engine blowing up?

Basically why would someone say the car will be in the shop as frequently as once a month to destroy the value of the car as a DD?
Old 09-10-2009, 07:24 PM
Safety Car

I can only assume that the people who think it'll be in the shop a lot will crank the boost up as high as possible and beat the crap out of their ride.
Old 09-10-2009, 09:37 PM
1st 3g Turbo TL-S

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
^ yea. if your going to have it as a DD then u need to watch ur boost and not over do it. more is not always better
Old 09-10-2009, 10:05 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by KN_TL
I can only assume that the people who think it'll be in the shop a lot will crank the boost up as high as possible and beat the crap out of their ride.
modifying a daily driver will always have something go wrong...the best way to go about this and having the least problems is "DONT TOUCH IT"

its not about boost or whatnot, whether you raise the boost levels, or keep them low. Anything you do to your car, performance wise, will simply change the way you drive, and if what you do to it doesn't affect it in any way shape or form, the way you will drive it, will have a big impact on it.

Think about this: are you more likely to throw your car around some tight turns after youve gotten some nice suspension setup, or stock suspension?
Are you more likely to beat on it a bit more after you install a CAI, even if just to hear the growl, or when its bone stock?
Are you more likely to do some harsher shifting when you have a nice heavy high performance clutch, or when its bone stock?
Are you more likely to jump down that throttle after you install that catback, so you can hear it, or when its stock?

All these things add up....and ill tell you right now: if you can't face the fact that shit is going to keep breaking more and more, depending on how much you modify your car, then you're on the wrong path....But if you modify your car just so you "have it", then whats the point, if youre not gonna use it?

I dont know about this, "i just want the turbo, but im not gonna beat on it" ....thats like saying, yeah, im gonna buy a car and just have it on my driveway, and maybe drive it from time to time.

i wanna ask you this: How many of you have blown shocks? cracked shock towers? bent a subframe? cracked a lower control arm? bent a knuckle? blown 3-4 set of motor mounts? gone through 3-4 clutches and flywheels? cracked oil pans? ripped apart a jpipe? bent cat? blown motors? warped heads? broken axles? stripped trannys?
and a countless amount of things.

face the reality, or just leave it alone...there isn't "best of both worlds".
Old 09-10-2009, 11:06 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,812 Likes on 1,283 Posts
Originally Posted by spiike
Why does everything automatically assume people don't want to buy this because of the price? very narrow minded. I ask because of the inconvenience of having a DD in the shop all the time, as someone posted would happen, and WHY? What will go wrong that requires it to be in the shop "every month" which someone commented? Please be productive in responses. come on.
It's all speculation. Somewhere it got taken as fact.

The fact is you're putting 2x the stress on the entire drivetrain.

As long as it's tuned well, it should barely make a dent in engine life.

As long as it's left on street tires and there's no powershifting taking place, it should be somewhat reliable.

However, let it ping a few times from a bad tune or jam it into gear as hard as you can with the gas to the floor and chances are you'll end up replacing many parts. In other words the potential is there to really mess things up. However, if you're responsible in your driving and tuning habits, it should be fairly reliable.
Old 09-11-2009, 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by greco9885
that is not the smartest idea. if something goes wrong, u need cash, and alot of it
/sarcasm
Old 09-11-2009, 07:57 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by I hate cars
It's all speculation. Somewhere it got taken as fact.

The fact is you're putting 2x the stress on the entire drivetrain.

As long as it's tuned well, it should barely make a dent in engine life.

As long as it's left on street tires and there's no powershifting taking place, it should be somewhat reliable.

However, let it ping a few times from a bad tune or jam it into gear as hard as you can with the gas to the floor and chances are you'll end up replacing many parts. In other words the potential is there to really mess things up. However, if you're responsible in your driving and tuning habits, it should be fairly reliable.
This is exactly my point.

Driving as Opel states is what will put you in the shop almost all the time. If I wanted to drive like that, I would have bought a car more suitable to take that kind of treatment.

I expect things to happen, but not because I go crazy and beat the shit out of it.
Old 09-11-2009, 11:49 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Lazer187
There is Questions i still have, that i asked a few times and havent been answered by the producers of this kit. Why would i purchase it if my questions havent been answered?
I'm sure most if not all speculations , questions & failures what can occur have been asked and addressed by me, ihc or Opel.... But laser187 post your question or pm me and I'll try to answer your question ....

Only thing I can say boosted or not things do break and maintaince is necessay , if u do get the kit and decide to start doing things like upping boost without a retune ect then things are destined to go wrong , on the other hand install kit do your regular maintainance, get stiffer mounts aftermarket exhaust , gauges and drive it you'll be fine ....
Old 09-11-2009, 11:57 AM

Rodney! haven't heard from you in a while.. how's the TL? Are you guys messing with the boost or tune right now? Give us an update

Quick Reply: Official TURBO KIT DEPOSIT THREAD