Official TURBO KIT DEPOSIT THREAD

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2009, 01:39 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
^^^^run 5 psi, no IC, deletes the IC piping, still would have a higher output than the SC, and along with the AEM F/I-C which is better than CT ACM for the SC. you would still get around 340-350 whp, just with the turbo.

Here's one thing that some have to understand...to really take advantage of the SC and actually reduce the dangerous back pressure, you have to get ur cat deletes, your J-pipe and thats all extra cost on top of the SC kit...thats the least, not mentioning catback.

with the turbo, thats not the case...you dont need cat deletes, you dont need a j-pipe...turbo feeders are ur cat deletes, which come with the kit, and the 3" downpipe all the way to catback replaces the J pipe. that alone is about $700 not including installation for those who can't do it themselves...

simply, the turbo kit gets done the most important half of your exhaust setup, and thats not the case with the SC. And to make it even worse, CT suggested that more power could be gained with upgraded exhaust (duh) , but no one ever suggest exhaust upgrade with boost for any other reasons other than more power gains, which is pretty poor education IMO...improper exhaust setup with boost can lead to tremendous backpressure due to the extra pressure, which would help with motor failure, as if lack of AF & T control wasnt bad enough,

with the SC, you didnt get a good tunable piggyback, you didnt get a fuel pump, you didnt get an IC, no injectors. it was pretty fucking half assed. it blew motors (2 of mine), and whoever hasn't blown yet, will eventually if not tuned properly or ran with an extra $400 meth injection kit.

so turbo kit price, is somewhat justifiable
Old 08-29-2009, 02:31 AM
Chapter Leader (San Antonio)

Received 433 Likes on 319 Posts
Opel is right.

I haven't had time to reply to my last post, but I just think it was at the wrong time this turbo was built. I mean everyone is hyped and wish they had it, but most of us don't have the $$$ to fork out especially during the downturn of the economy (which seems to be getting better). Not only that, but our cars are "outdated" as in the 4G's has already came out and it took over 5 years to produce a Turbo for our cars. By that time all the 04-06 on Acurazine either sold there cars or already spent so much and time on there vehicles. I wouldn't be surprised if all the people that are posting deposits from 04-06 are new to forums, modding (for the TL), or just got there cars. The only real people that may be interested are the Type-S guys or the 07-08 base models, even there are sketchy because some have already spent over 3k on there cars. Body kit, wheels, suspension are like 3k easily and those are basically the essentials for modding for our cars. Than you have people getting type-s tails, modded headlights, zkw, angel eyes and other things. Then before your turbo thread was even there, we had people buying catbacks, j-pipes, precats, s/c, and other performance options. Basically what I'm trying to say is that the outcome of the turbo could've been 100x better if it wasn't created so late. 06-08 would be a good time, but 09? Basically 2 years since our car has been discontinued. I have nothing against the turbo, but trying to state why everyone isn't forking out the $$$ for it. Something like this will have to take time considering all of what I stated above. I'm sure the "list" you had for people interested for buying the turbo was just a fluke. Anyone can just make a list, shoot, so many people made a list for the ATLP exhaust, but about half didn't even pay the deposit. I hope the best for the turbo and hopefully more people can make a deposit so you guys are able to run more R&D on the turbo. But one thing it seemed like your missing that could "market" more sales.

Is the fact they are less videos, less track videos, and a pixelized dyno. If you had a clear dyno with more in depth pictures, more track videos, a track run (1/4, 1/8 mile), more videos in cabin (sound wise and gauges) there would be TONS more interest. All the videos you've given us are either pixelized or you speeding that a freeway. I don't care if you're R&D-ing the car but we want a more "professional" scene. Now the Comptech S/C is sloppy and unorganized, but we've gotten used to the "Comptech" name and we usually trust it. Now 99% of our forums didn't even know what JnR was until they built this. We need more concrete videos, pictures, and a in depth dyno. Once you provide us with these I bet you will get more interest. You will get people HYPED up, and sales would be increased. Do some marketing or something. Race at the track with Drag Radials and beat a Mustang GT, 350z, G37s, etc... Make us WANT MORE. That's the whole objective, you guys are giving us nothing to want, but something to think about. You know what you guys need is a Cars salesman! Tricky damn people
Old 08-29-2009, 02:37 AM

Hopefully you understand what I say, because you've got to understand from a consumer's point. You driving around freeways speeding past 100 on a probably 65 MPH zone, pixelized dyno, and no true track times. At least give us some races, beat a Corvette, beat a G37, beat a Camaro, beat a Mustang, beat a Challenger, beat a Charger (SRT8 or R/T), show us something that we want more of. If I lived in Florida I would bring a camera down there and make you run at a track, post 1/4 mile times in the 11 or 12's, show them the TL at 6PSI, 9PSI, than 12 PSI. I may not know about cars as much as most people in this thread, but I do know marketing and business! And how you guys are doing it, is disgraceful in my opinion.

Hope the best!
Old 08-29-2009, 03:03 AM
Team Owner

Received 1,811 Likes on 1,282 Posts
Originally Posted by TheChamp531
Hopefully you understand what I say, because you've got to understand from a consumer's point. You driving around freeways speeding past 100 on a probably 65 MPH zone, pixelized dyno, and no true track times. At least give us some races, beat a Corvette, beat a G37, beat a Camaro, beat a Mustang, beat a Challenger, beat a Charger (SRT8 or R/T), show us something that we want more of. If I lived in Florida I would bring a camera down there and make you run at a track, post 1/4 mile times in the 11 or 12's, show them the TL at 6PSI, 9PSI, than 12 PSI. I may not know about cars as much as most people in this thread, but I do know marketing and business! And how you guys are doing it, is disgraceful in my opinion.

Hope the best!
A little harsh but I agree.

Hp numbers are great but I think a much better selling point is a video of it picking on Vettes and or running deep into the 12s at the track. I know what it's capable of, it's a matter of numbers, but to the average person, seeing is believing. Even if it doesn't run that great it's first time out (and it won't), at least we can see the mph to guage how fast it is.
Old 08-29-2009, 03:20 AM
Three Wheelin'

TheChamp...

me and you are talking about 2 different things....lol...ur talking about marketing...im talking about how the price for the kit is pretty justified by what you get with the kit, versus the CT SC kit.

but either way, i understand your point. its kinda hard to perfect every aspect of it.. Rodney has tried and i give him credit for it.

some of us are great with research, some good with hands, some will build their own stuff, some are good at sales, some know cars like the back of their hands.... its just hard to have everything as one package with lack of funds.
Old 08-29-2009, 03:31 AM

Opel yeah I kinda meant to separate "your right" part so it didn't seem that I was replying in regards to your post.

Anyways, I am happy and grateful for JnR and Rodney's diligence in the matter. I have no problem with them, but I'm trying to give constructive criticism so they understand.

On your last semi-paragraph (Opel's) I understand that not everyone knows a lot about research, hand work, engineering their own stuff, or sales, but I would assume they know the basics of each and everyone especially when there trying to sell something to the public. That's why we go to school? I learned most of the things I've said before High School, it is not that hard. I don't like the "lack of funds" response that everyone gives, once again, I have nothing against JnR or Rodney, but if there is a lack of funds, I'm not even sure if they should've made the turbo to begin with, well at least, make it for the public. Its almost building a resturaunt that cost a total of 100k and having only 100k. Once you use the budget of 100k you're left with so little. You have zero chance of mistakes. If you don't get people to eat at your restaurant, you failed automatically, you'll owe bills all over the place. If you have financial backup money you have more open options, more room for mistakes, and more time for quality improvements.

It just feels like the turbo was slapped on, assumed that the consumers (acurazine) would buy it, and now saying they need more money for R&D. You can't blame the consumers, you have to blame the suppliers. Lack of organization is what caused so many problems. Once again, better videos, track times, races (legal at track), and a better dyno would help increase sales.

Once again, I'm not downgrading the turbo or saying the turbo is terrible and the work that Rodney and JnR is horrible, but it is advice so they can do better next time in whatever they do for cars or more importantly, in life.
Old 08-29-2009, 03:49 AM
Three Wheelin'

Understood. but it seems so hard here...ive visited other sales threads, and 80% of any of them is talked about tail lights, and LED bulbs and crap that has nothing to do with what's been sold and signed up for...yet ppl still request it, but when something's done about it, all you hear is "i wish i had the money" well geez...its like wishful thinking is what got the product developed to begin with, and not some real serious buyers... i think its the wrong crowd, thats what it is...its a crowd that wants the best of both worlds, and its just not possible...they want high perf exhaust, but complain about noise. they want high performance suspension but complain about stiffness. they want high performance tires but complain about noise... they want the best brakes but complain about too much dust and short life....i mean WTF???????

when i bump into ppl with other kinds of cars...the first thing they say is....geez im surprised ur not like the rest of the "TL Crowd"
and i ask, what do you mean...this is what they say....they're just into the big flashy rims, lights, and cosmetics, more than anything else.

so again, selling true performance to the TL crowd isnt easy. and im not generalizing here...nor do i mean to offend anyone
Old 08-29-2009, 04:02 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Opel
Understood. but it seems so hard here...ive visited other sales threads, and 80% of any of them is talked about tail lights, and LED bulbs and crap that has nothing to do with what's been sold and signed up for...yet ppl still request it, but when something's done about it, all you hear is "i wish i had the money" well geez...its like wishful thinking is what got the product developed to begin with, and not some real serious buyers... i think its the wrong crowd, thats what it is...its a crowd that wants the best of both worlds, and its just not possible...they want high perf exhaust, but complain about noise. they want high performance suspension but complain about stiffness. they want high performance tires but complain about noise... they want the best brakes but complain about too much dust and short life....i mean WTF???????

when i bump into ppl with other kinds of cars...the first thing they say is....geez im surprised ur not like the rest of the "TL Crowd"
and i ask, what do you mean...this is what they say....they're just into the big flashy rims, lights, and cosmetics, more than anything else.

so again, selling true performance to the TL crowd isnt easy. and im not generalizing here...nor do i mean to offend anyone
^ werd... I don't think you're too far off there. I mean look how many S/c TL's are actually on this board. It's been out for a while and still I can count only a handful of individuals who have gone this route. This (and the turbo) is a BIG MOD that does big things and it costs $$$. I mean, I can see your point. People are content with a few hundred here and a few hundred there for some J-pipe, LEDS, and such, but the big things (catback excluded) S/C, turbo, building a motor, are praised but are too much for most TL'rs. B/c I've heard a lot use the not-wanting-to-lose-the-"luxury" argument a lot. I mean tons of people have sunk more than 5800 into their cars here, so I figured man, this would sell like crazy. But then again, maybe people won't keep their cars as long as you (or I) and just wanna move on to the next new thing.

Look at the turbo thread for instance... first it was "turbo'd TL" get outta here it's been discussed ... ain't gonna happen. Then it was, huh? some guy actually got it working?, then it was holy crap congrats where can i get one... then it was Turbo kit is out... who wants one...and everyone just gets limp and gun shy. Maybe it was timing and sticker shock too though huh? I admit was surprised at first too, but after I thought about it and consulted others it made sense to me. I guess it ain't for everyone, b/c I am willing to lose the luxury component to see this shit fly!
Old 08-29-2009, 04:03 AM

Ok now for iPhones chance in this!

But you got to realize what kinda car we have and the main reason most of us bought this car. It's a luxury sedan that is very safe with adequate room for five. All these minor upgrades in performance and/or exterior is for "fun". Most people use this car as a daily driver and have not substantially modified there cars. You can't compare a 350z to a TL because each one is usually used for a different purpose. A 5 series BMW is moddable easily, but people tend not too modify a while lot to a family luxury sedan. It's almost like getting a Ford Focus and putting Teins SS on them, putting a turbo, and the whole shebang when the purpose you bought the car was to save gas mileage. Yes you do have those crazy Civics that are turboed at high but you can compare a POS car to a great car ! Hope you get my point, remind never to type on iPhone it works my fingers too much.
Old 08-29-2009, 04:14 AM

Gatdammit your right for the most part but once again, where those mods really a difference maker? Before the turbo with all performance options used at the time we could only safely get about 310whp. Talking about only a turbo would gives us 50 more whp but would require clearing cats, dual exhaust that will wake up the whole street, and illegal driver in the US when the main purpose for our cars are either for family or work not for the track. Maybe if Acura had released a RWD TL 3G with 300HP with less weight and produced in Japan would we have better interest for our vehicles whether they look sexy or not. Now don't get me wrong a lot of people will be interested but it won't get 5% just because our first view of the car and purpose of the car. It's basically a wannabe fast luxury sedan. People driving our cars are aimed at quality of built instead of quality of performance.
Old 08-29-2009, 04:26 AM
Three Wheelin'

i get your point...but then here's my point...leave it alone and stay away from this if u wanna maintain ur car's luxury and what it stands for...modding it aint for you...but like i said, u can't have the best of both worlds...if someone can't handle what comes with true performance, and the sacrificing on their cars, then they shouldn't attempt.

and GRECCO....i know what you mean by saying ppl spent thousands on primitive modding.... heck there's ppl trying out their 3rd or 4th catback exhaust system...there's ppl swapping out CAIs cause a new one is out, ppl swapping Jpipes, and so forth...and their cars get slower because a 200 lbs bass system in their cars, with their headrest tvs, and satellite Navis,.....you're just simply not the guy for a turbo....and the ones that complain about harsh rides with aftermarket suspension, just imagine if they had 400 whp on their butter suspension.... plain and fucking simple... power without control is useless, so there, ya need suspension which most complain about, you need some good brakes, some engine mounts which again, ppl complain about vibration at idle, you need a good goddamn clutch, which again, they will complain about harsh shifting and so on... i hate to throw all this negative stuff in here, and i know it wont have any effect on those dedicated ppl that want and dont mind the true performance and can get by with its sacrifices, but in all honesty, thats just how the TL crowd is.
Old 08-29-2009, 11:06 AM
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
As far as the "Turbo Feeler sign up Thread " goes, with the 30+ people, we didnt even have a price, when that thread was there. You were expecting most of the 30+ to buy a Turbo with a blind price and then find out the cost is $5,800. I would consider buying it, but honestly i have a TL-S Auto and im really afraid of the tranny taking a shit. Ive asked 3x with no response back in regards to the Auto Turbo TL guys tranny taking a shit, with no update from him. IHC has made a comment about lower the line pressure to safely have a Auto Turbo TL, WHICH was never addressed Either. The Turbo for AUTO i believe is bad news, but i dont know for sure because i dont have enough information... I know if you worked with IHC with this lowering the Line pressure to safely have a auto, more probably would be interested. Sorry but i cant afford a $5,800 mod and then have my tranny take a shit.
Old 08-29-2009, 12:02 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Lazer187
As far as the "Turbo Feeler sign up Thread " goes, with the 30+ people, we didnt even have a price, when that thread was there. You were expecting most of the 30+ to buy a Turbo with a blind price and then find out the cost is $5,800. I would consider buying it, but honestly i have a TL-S Auto and im really afraid of the tranny taking a shit. Ive asked 3x with no response back in regards to the Auto Turbo TL guys tranny taking a shit, with no update from him. IHC has made a comment about lower the line pressure to safely have a Auto Turbo TL, WHICH was never addressed Either. The Turbo for AUTO i believe is bad news, but i dont know for sure because i dont have enough information... I know if you worked with IHC with this lowering the Line pressure to safely have a auto, more probably would be interested. Sorry but i cant afford a $5,800 mod and then have my tranny take a shit.
Just to address this and not to sound cocky but if I end up getting the kit I will have a solution to the auto trans problem. It's as simple as tricking the computer into boosting line pressure and should be able to be done on the electronics level by tricking an input. Sort of how the Sprint Booster sent a false throttle signal. Worst case it may have to be done at the VB level but I don't think it will come to that.

As for the argument, I see both sides. TLs are used mostly for daily drivers, not a whole lot of people use them for racing.

On the flip side you will never get more street friendly hp than from a turbo kit. Someone said you need an exhaust that will wake up the neighborhood. Not true. It has to use large diameter piping. The turbo itself does some muffling. Run dual mufflers in the rear with a single 3" muffler in the third cat location and it will sound nearly stock until you get into the boost.
Old 08-29-2009, 12:48 PM
Safety Car

Received 435 Likes on 328 Posts
Originally Posted by I hate cars
Run dual mufflers in the rear with a single 3" muffler in the third cat location and it will sound nearly stock until you get into the boost.
This is what I have now in smaller diameters and was planning on doing it again except all 3". Not loud at all with 2 1/2 into 2 1/4 mufflers so I can't imagine 3" all the way will be that much different.
Old 08-29-2009, 12:53 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Lazer187
As far as the "Turbo Feeler sign up Thread " goes, with the 30+ people, we didnt even have a price, when that thread was there.
My thinking was, Comptech SC is $4500 with lame management and no intercooler.

Add both those items, custom fabricating the exhaust to the turbo and the hours of dyno time to generate the maps.

I was thinking it was going to be in the $6K range.
Old 08-29-2009, 12:56 PM

i get your point...but then here's my point...leave it alone and stay away from this if u wanna maintain ur car's luxury and what it stands for...modding it aint for you...but like i said, u can't have the best of both worlds...if someone can't handle what comes with true performance, and the sacrificing on their cars, then they shouldn't attempt.

and GRECCO....i know what you mean by saying ppl spent thousands on primitive modding.... heck there's ppl trying out their 3rd or 4th catback exhaust system...there's ppl swapping out CAIs cause a new one is out, ppl swapping Jpipes, and so forth...and their cars get slower because a 200 lbs bass system in their cars, with their headrest tvs, and satellite Navis,.....you're just simply not the guy for a turbo....and the ones that complain about harsh rides with aftermarket suspension, just imagine if they had 400 whp on their butter suspension.... plain and fucking simple... power without control is useless, so there, ya need suspension which most complain about, you need some good brakes, some engine mounts which again, ppl complain about vibration at idle, you need a good goddamn clutch, which again, they will complain about harsh shifting and so on... i hate to throw all this negative stuff in here, and i know it wont have any effect on those dedicated ppl that want and dont mind the true performance and can get by with its sacrifices, but in all honesty, thats just how the TL crowd is.
I don't see how that's fair to say. You can't say if they want true performance they shouldn't attempt (I do agree on this on other things), because the whole point in attempting is LEARNING. Also, we can't have TRUE performance when our car has not been maximized to its fullest until now, but now is a little to late. Very few people complain about there suspensions, unless they decide to get a huge drop on stock struts (than in that case, there idiots), but I do get your point once again. You can't really talk about the TL crowd is not performance minded when not enough performance options has been put available (well, quality options) as much as other "performance cars". Please compare how much difference in mods you could've done to other of our counterparts the Nissan Z series and the Infiniti G series, shit even the Civic SI the new ones have more mods than us. Even a better example is the fact that I hate cars has never even really attempted a performance option and you should know he is in the performance scene. If a turbo would've came out years before I'm sure IHC, would've had it.

All in all, I think it's not fair to call our TL owners anything negative about the performance scene just because we haven't been given the opportunity until now to actually modify our cars, and even now we still only have 1 turbo, while other cars have at least 3-4 mfg.
Old 08-29-2009, 01:03 PM
Safety Car

I don't see how that's fair to say. You can't say if they want true performance they shouldn't attempt (I do agree on this on other things), because the whole point in attempting is LEARNING. Also, we can't have TRUE performance when our car has not been maximized to its fullest until now, but now is a little to late. Very few people complain about there suspensions, unless they decide to get a huge drop on stock struts (than in that case, there idiots), but I do get your point once again. You can't really talk about the TL crowd is not performance minded when not enough performance options has been put available (well, quality options) as much as other "performance cars". Please compare how much difference in mods you could've done to other of our counterparts the Nissan Z series and the Infiniti G series, shit even the Civic SI the new ones have more mods than us. Even a better example is the fact that I hate cars has never even really attempted a performance option and you should know he is in the performance scene. If a turbo would've came out years before I'm sure IHC, would've had it.

All in all, I think it's not fair to call our TL owners anything negative about the performance scene just because we haven't been given the opportunity until now to actually modify our cars, and even now we still only have 1 turbo, while other cars have at least 3-4 mfg.
It all goes back to the marketability. I don't know about your area, but the majority of people driving TL's around here are retired or close to being retired.

Even with that, anyone who is remotely into "financial management" would NEVER consider this, period. There is no financial basis for any kind of appreciation dollar wise.

Maybe with the 04's being 5yrs old now, the age group will drop, but with much cheaper alternatives (Honda Civic) will still win out.

We have to face it, this model is not going mainstream mass produced performance market and we have to jump on these opportunities when they arise.
Old 08-29-2009, 01:07 PM

Also a quick note: Just like KN_TL said, the Comptech S/C has terrible mapping and a no intercooler. This as our best option in making the car "fast", do you honestly think the S/C was actually ready when sold? Of course not. The TL has been given shitty as mods and we're more thankful of the people at ATLP, RV6, and XLR8 for the mods we have now. Noone makes pre-cats, jpipes, or exhaust then they do (excluding rv6 on exhaust). Comptech Exhaust is worthless with a turbo and perhaps bad exhaust because it doesn't maximize your gains because its what 2.25" - 2.5" single outlet exhaust just like you told me before? Main thing about the performance scene is that our TL was not made in Japan. Our TL is exclusive to US than to China. Our TL is not necessarily American Muscle so noone pays attention to our cars besides the local crowd.
Old 08-29-2009, 01:14 PM
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
think u got the wrong person. i didnt say that, but i agree with u. im 100% performance
Old 08-29-2009, 03:14 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by KN_TL
This is what I have now in smaller diameters and was planning on doing it again except all 3". Not loud at all with 2 1/2 into 2 1/4 mufflers so I can't imagine 3" all the way will be that much different.
It would likely be even quieter with the turbo on the car.
Old 08-29-2009, 04:25 PM

Anyways I think I might buy 3 turboes I just remembered that I bought AIG stock at $1.50 and got 1000 shares and just remembered I'm 50,000 richer lol
Old 08-29-2009, 05:09 PM
Three Wheelin'

maybe not so fair about what i say...but think about this for a min...even if mods were available, having 20 inch wheels at 30-35 lbs each, and 200 jukebox in the trunk, isn't a way to increase the cars performance either...my whole point is, tl crowd focuses more on what i mentioned above, such as cosmetics, rather than real performance, and yes im aware of the fact that most use the car as a daily driver, but at the same time they shouldn't complain about lack of aftermarket support for the car either, because trust me, if aftermarket companies see that the tl crowd is really up to performance, they would've offered more, knowing there would be demand.
Old 08-29-2009, 05:11 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by greco9885
think u got the wrong person. i didnt say that, but i agree with u. im 100% performance
i wasnt saying "YOU" personally... lol i know you are into 100% performance, Greco
Old 08-29-2009, 06:33 PM
Team Owner

I agree with you guys. When I go into the tires and suspension section all I see is threads on what drop to get, no mention of performance, or what rims will fit.

I feel like I've been all alone in getting my suspension to actually perform in the real world.

I see people dropping all sorts of money into suspension just for the looks yet no one researches on the number one performance item, tires.
Old 08-30-2009, 12:09 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by I hate cars
I agree with you guys. When I go into the tires and suspension section all I see is threads on what drop to get, no mention of performance, or what rims will fit.

I feel like I've been all alone in getting my suspension to actually perform in the real world.

I see people dropping all sorts of money into suspension just for the looks yet no one researches on the number one performance item, tires.
yea, i dont even go to those sections...what i read ticks me off,

ur not alone man, you got "US"...grecco looks like the guy all up for hardcore performance lol, i might trick him into some cool stuff one day, i wanna see how he's setup...im a big suspension guy.
when i see another TL powersliding around a turn, rear kicking out while accelerating around a turn...putting the car sideways on a turn, all that with total control, while the car is a FWD, then i will say...WOW, there's another suspension guy.

man, forget about tires...no one discusses that...and ur right, its the #1 item....but the crowds too busy with lol j/k

people please dont mind my sarcasm.
Old 08-30-2009, 12:48 AM
2008 NBP

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Please run an SRT-4 that is the car I would like to see beaten...
Old 08-30-2009, 12:51 AM
2008 NBP

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
yea, i dont even go to those sections...what i read ticks me off,

ur not alone man, you got "US"...grecco looks like the guy all up for hardcore performance lol, i might trick him into some cool stuff one day, i wanna see how he's setup...im a big suspension guy.
when i see another TL powersliding around a turn, rear kicking out while accelerating around a turn...putting the car sideways on a turn, all that with total control, while the car is a FWD, then i will say...WOW, there's another suspension guy.

man, forget about tires...no one discusses that...and ur right, its the #1 item....but the crowds too busy with lol j/k

people please dont mind my sarcasm.
I'm sure alot of people would love to be suspension people but like me they don't have $$$$ for coilovers instead we do the college kid drop and buy springs
Old 08-30-2009, 12:55 AM
Three Wheelin'

when you guys say run a specific car...do u mean, in their stock form, or just the car, however it may be? bcs anything could be worked to beyond reach...you can expect to beat a shitload of stock cars, but also get beat by many other worked cars,
Old 08-30-2009, 01:00 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by xrvman
I'm sure alot of people would love to be suspension people but like me they don't have $$$$ for coilovers instead we do the college kid drop and buy springs
thats very understandable, and there's things i cant afford as well....and i did buy springs also...but the ones that do have it, and can afford a crapload of it...and im talking about the ones that do get coilovers...im not saying they dont do real suspension upgrades... but coilovers with 22 inch rims dont go together...u get my point.

but thats how it is though, us that can get it right, can't afford it...those that do...dont get it right lol
Old 08-30-2009, 01:30 AM
Chapter Leader (Southern Region)

Received 11,841 Likes on 8,573 Posts
us that can get it right, can't afford it...those that do...dont get it right
so true..
Old 08-30-2009, 03:54 AM
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
ur not alone man, you got "US"...grecco looks like the guy all up for hardcore performance lol, i might trick him into some cool stuff one day, i wanna see how he's setup.
my coilovers are stiff as balls. F-4/R-6. when i do any kind of track/drag racing i stiffen it all the way up.

1 thing i am slacking in is tires. i want the nitto nt-01's , which i will most likely get once i have the funds, since my car isnt driven in foul weather.

im currently in the process of upgrading my brakes, some new rotors, pads, lines. and i think that is more important than tires.

eventually ill do more to my car, but im not bored with it yet. im waiting till i get to that point, so then once i do more, ill love it even more.
Old 08-30-2009, 07:07 AM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by greco9885
my coilovers are stiff as balls. F-4/R-6. when i do any kind of track/drag racing i stiffen it all the way up.

1 thing i am slacking in is tires. i want the nitto nt-01's , which i will most likely get once i have the funds, since my car isnt driven in foul weather.

im currently in the process of upgrading my brakes, some new rotors, pads, lines. and i think that is more important than tires.

eventually ill do more to my car, but im not bored with it yet. im waiting till i get to that point, so then once i do more, ill love it even more.
You're on the right path but the NT05s are the street version of the NT01. Better than any "ultra or max performance summer tire", not quite as good as a full "R" compound like the NT01. However, the NT05 will last longer, survive rainy conditions, and not require much warm up to work well.
Old 08-30-2009, 05:28 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 48 Likes on 26 Posts
everyone is entilited to their own opinion ,bwtf do you mean by pixieled dyno video the first one was crappy then we brought a good video camera everyone agreed it was good and now its pixeled but whatever cant seem to please everyone ,guess instead of constructive critism you need to take a trip and do our videos,but im never one to argue so ill leave it at that ...........................now for the guys who understand from a perfomance point of view well get some 1/4 miles video up soon
Old 08-30-2009, 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by pass427
everyone is entilited to their own opinion ,bwtf do you mean by pixieled dyno video the first one was crappy then we brought a good video camera everyone agreed it was good and now its pixeled but whatever cant seem to please everyone ,guess instead of constructive critism you need to take a trip and do our videos,but im never one to argue so ill leave it at that ...........................now for the guys who understand from a perfomance point of view well get some 1/4 miles video up soon
My bad didn't see the new dyno. Its hard to keep up with 1000 pages of Turbo. I'm just trying to help you from a marketing point of view. Make a seperate page from JnR (I'll make it if you like so it looks more professional of a design) get the track times and track videos and I'll make it so its presentable. If you were given a product to market in College, you guys would've failed miserably. Unfriendly website, lack of information, videos, etc...

Just my ! Wish I was in Florida FYI, how about you come to Texas
Old 08-30-2009, 09:52 PM
Three Wheelin'

^^^if he comes to texas, he's gonna have to deal with "inaccurate" trying to strip his car.....rofllllllllllllllllllllll
Old 08-30-2009, 10:57 PM
I got the Shifts

Received 230 Likes on 163 Posts
gotta agree.
if you wanna sell, then you have to look the part.

clean up the site, fix all the grammatical and spelling errors. -this shows that you double check your work
take critique and use it to your advantage.- your response to a potential customer will always turn off another potential customer
Old 08-30-2009, 11:46 PM

^^^if he comes to texas, he's gonna have to deal with "inaccurate" trying to strip his car.....rofllllllllllllllllllllll
haha

I would love to see Inaccurate put a Turbo in his car. 9PSI 437 WHP TL Diet against a Camaro,Challenger, or Charger, must see.

Or 12 PSI 500WHP TL DIET vs ZR1
Old 08-30-2009, 11:50 PM
Three Wheelin'

haha

I would love to see Inaccurate put a Turbo in his car. 9PSI 437 WHP TL Diet against a Camaro,Challenger, or Charger, must see.

Or 12 PSI 500WHP TL DIET vs ZR1
oh man i laughed so hard when i said that lol
Old 08-31-2009, 07:02 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 48 Likes on 26 Posts
Not to be ignorant but phee what errors I'd rather spend the Money right now where it's most needed and important and that would be in developing the kit , because in all honesty at the end of the day that's what people are going to be happy with the product,as far as website goes everything evolves as time goes and we grow things can be addressed and fixed , the old saying goes creep before you walk .....
Old 08-31-2009, 08:26 AM
1st 3g Turbo TL-S

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
just my opinion here on this...

why would u bite the hand that feeds guys???

Rodney and his crew have put together the only available (Tested and working) turbo kit for our cars with great results. Plus, from what i understand, he's done most of this out of pocket. I wouldn't be criticizing the little piddly things.

If you want to help towards the cause then why don't u offer to fix up the site?
Maybe help with the marketing aspect in some way? It's a community forum and we should all help out especially if we're trying to reach the same goal... MORE POWER!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Official TURBO KIT DEPOSIT THREAD