3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The 3G Ramblings & General Discussion Thread (Trois)

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2015, 09:53 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 8,752 Likes on 6,750 Posts
Originally Posted by polobunny
Oh god that's terrible. I can totally see myself making that joke.

Last night I was watching a movie (with a girl, swear) and the producer is called Bong Joon-Ho.

I say "Ha, that's how you say 'Hi' in Italian, that's strange". I get the confused look and I just say... BONGJOONHO.

I got the dad jokes.
needless to say the 'supposed' girl left shortly after... :

even pb's left hand was deterred for the night..
Old 09-30-2015, 09:53 AM
Team Owner

Received 4,416 Likes on 3,322 Posts
Mom forced me to take one of these flu shots for swine or aviary flu I don't recall. I didn't die, but I'd lie if I said I thought it was necessary. Has anybody actually benefited from flu shots? I get 2 colds a year, when winter starts and when winter ends and that's about it.
Wifey would tear into you like there's no tomorrow if she heard you say that, lol. Even if *you* don't get the flu, you can definitely be a carrier and infect others who are more susceptible to it, like the elderly with compromised immune systems. Don't want to kill your grandma, do you?

All those brilliant parents that believe these shots can give their kids autism, mercury poisoning, etc, should not be allowed to have children. It's been proven time and again that the shots help. The correlations people make with the flu shot to whatever else is nothing short of astonishing. "I got the shot and ended up super ill the next day. the flu shot is made up of the virus (true) and it got me sick (not true)." Those folks likely already were infected when they got the shot, they just weren't showing symptoms yet. I can ramble on about this...

They cannot prevent every strain of the flu, as it mutates year after year, and there are countless strains out there. However, the guys in the white lab coats are able to predict with a good amount of accuracy what the upcoming most prevalent strains will be. It is a very good idea to get it.

Last edited by TacoBello; 09-30-2015 at 09:57 AM.
Old 09-30-2015, 09:57 AM
Registered Bunny

Received 1,073 Likes on 892 Posts
Originally Posted by TacoBello
Wifey would tear into you like there's no tomorrow if she heard you say that, lol. Even if *you* don't get the flu, you can definitely be a carrier and infect others who are more susceptible to it, like the elderly with compromised immune systems. Don't want to kill your grandma, do you?

All those brilliant parents that believe these shots can give their kids autism, mercury poisoning, etc, should not be allowed to have children. It's been proven time and again that the shots help. The correlations people make with the flu shot to whatever else is nothing short of astonishing. "I got the shot and ended up super ill the next day. the flu shot is made up of the virus (true) and it got me sick (not true). Those folks likely already were infected when they got the shot, they just weren't showing symptoms yet. I can ramble on about this...

They cannot prevent every strain of the flu, as it mutates year after year, and there are countless strains out there. However, the guys in the white lab coats are able to predict with a good amount of accuracy what the upcoming most prevalent strains will be. It is a very good idea to get it.
Imma let you finish, but I just want to say my grandmas are dead already. Plus I ain't no Typhoid Mary pffff
Old 09-30-2015, 09:57 AM
Registered Bunny

Originally Posted by thoiboi
needless to say the 'supposed' girl left shortly after... :

even pb's left hand was deterred for the night..
You know me so well.
Old 09-30-2015, 09:58 AM
Senior Moderator

apparently SOMEONE didn't read my statement:

Let's not start the anti-vac movement in here now..

Old 09-30-2015, 09:59 AM
Senior Moderator

Now in terms of salad tossing... do you guys prefer GMO, organic, etc. for your salads and dressings?
Old 09-30-2015, 10:00 AM

Received 7,772 Likes on 5,045 Posts
You guys and your salad dressing.

Eat that salad dry like you were meant to.

Au natural!
Old 09-30-2015, 10:02 AM
Team Owner

apparently SOMEONE didn't read my statement:
Just annoying to see the blind leading the blind.
Old 09-30-2015, 10:07 AM
Registered Bunny

Did your grandma go kaput because of the flu? Sounds like me not wanting to get vaccinated striked close to home.

One of my grandma died of cancer when I was young, the other more recently died after a benign operation because of a c-difficile outbreak. I am far from anti-vac, but because of many reasons I don't feel like explaining I didn't believe swine/aviary flu vaccination was for me. I still went because when your mom says something you do it.
Old 09-30-2015, 10:07 AM
Senior Moderator

Old 09-30-2015, 10:08 AM
Senior Moderator

I still went because when your mom says something you do it.
Mama's boy...
Old 09-30-2015, 10:09 AM
Registered Bunny

Mama's boy...
Replace mom by Asian dad. You know it!
Old 09-30-2015, 10:14 AM

Mom say get flu shot. I don't.
Mom give me spanking. I win.

I get the flu. Sick from both ends.
One week later. Beach bod.

I win x2.
The following 2 users liked this post by cu2wagon:
justnspace (09-30-2015), rockstar143 (09-30-2015)
Old 09-30-2015, 10:16 AM
Team Owner

Did your grandma go kaput because of the flu? Sounds like me not wanting to get vaccinated striked close to home.

One of my grandma died of cancer when I was young, the other more recently died after a benign operation because of a c-difficile outbreak. I am far from anti-vac, but because of many reasons I don't feel like explaining I didn't believe swine/aviary flu vaccination was for me. I still went because when your mom says something you do it.
no, no one close to me died from the flu. I have come to learn quite a bit about healthcare in NA and how poorly infection control is maintained in our hospitals. Just as many people die from infections they get within a hospital, as people die from cancer, in Canada, every year. Except you won't hear anyone speak anything about this. It gets very carefully swept under the rug- well, up until about a few years ago. Gubmints are starting to wisen up a bit to Infection Control and are buying into it.

The flu shot is just a small part of it all. You'd be shocked how many nurses and doctors do not wash their hands, when going from patient to patient. In Canada, anyone below a doctor (except for a patient) cannot tell a doctor to wash his/her hands. They'll simply tell you to pound sand. Doctors are the #1 offenders of hand hygiene in hospitals. Surgical rooms are really bad for breaking infection control procedures also. People end up with infected openings which can lead to death. etc, etc, etc.

ok. I'll shut up now. Continue with salad
Old 09-30-2015, 10:19 AM

Received 16,267 Likes on 11,974 Posts

Do you know how they cure C.Diff?

by transplanting healthy poop into your unhealthy colon.
Old 09-30-2015, 10:20 AM

nothing any of you said relates to the flu virus...save cu2wagon

because Science.
Old 09-30-2015, 10:21 AM
Chapter Leader (South Florida Region)

Received 20,014 Likes on 14,518 Posts
Originally Posted by cu2wagon

I win x2.

that was fkng stellar, Joe...

I watch my nurses change gloves before administering my flu shot.
Registered Bunny

I win x2.
The real slimming diet! Chicken bouillon soup and lots of shittin'

no, no one close to me died from the flu. I have come to learn quite a bit about healthcare in NA and how poorly infection control is maintained in our hospitals. Just as many people die from infections they get within a hospital, as people die from cancer, in Canada, every year. Except you won't hear anyone speak anything about this. It gets very carefully swept under the rug- well, up until about a few years ago. Gubmints are starting to wisen up a bit to Infection Control and are buying into it.

The flu shot is just a small part of it all. You'd be shocked how many nurses and doctors do not wash their hands, when going from patient to patient. In Canada, anyone below a doctor (except for a patient) cannot tell a doctor to wash his/her hands. They'll simply tell you to pound sand. Doctors are the #1 offenders of hand hygiene in hospitals. Surgical rooms are really bad for breaking infection control procedures also. People end up with infected openings which can lead to death. etc, etc, etc.

ok. I'll shut up now. Continue with salad
I don't disagree it probably got swept under the rug a lot of times. Like oh, he/she just died oh well, weird, probably complications.

I don't think any country is really well prepared for aggressive viral/bacterial infections though. Can't blame just North America on that one.
Old 09-30-2015, 10:22 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by justnspace
I watch my nurses take off gloves before prostate exam

COUGH
Old 09-30-2015, 10:26 AM

anyone take this deca vaccine?
I heard it makes your muscles grow bigggahhhh
Old 09-30-2015, 10:27 AM
Team Owner

I watch my nurses change gloves before administering my flu shot.
They technically should wash their hands before putting new gloves on. Or use that hand sanitizer spray/gel stuff.
Old 09-30-2015, 10:28 AM

yeah, because everyone knows that wet hands go into gloves so easily...
especially doing it 100 times a day
Old 09-30-2015, 10:29 AM
Team Owner

I don't think any country is really well prepared for aggressive viral/bacterial infections though. Can't blame just North America on that one.
Some are much better than others. It's just odd that you go to a hospital with the thought and intention of getting better at the hospital, not come out worse than when you went in.

I believe the US is much better than Canada also, but you pay for it there. Here, docs/nurses try to see as many people as quickly as possible, just hustle in and out, so corners get cut.
The following users liked this post:
polobunny (09-30-2015)
Old 09-30-2015, 10:30 AM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by rockstar143
yeah, because everyone knows that wet hands go into gloves so easily...
especially doing it 100 times a day
hand sanitizer dries within 30 seconds, if not less
Old 09-30-2015, 10:34 AM

not in my rectum it doesn't.
Old 09-30-2015, 10:34 AM

that's how i catch a buzz at work without anyone smelling it on my breath.

life tip #1
Old 09-30-2015, 10:35 AM
Chapter Leader (Southern Region)

Received 11,843 Likes on 8,574 Posts
you know how I know you're gay?
you like creed
you know how I know you're gay.. you knew that was creed.

Originally Posted by Aztek
Recently got my oil changed and tires aligned had one patched cause a small nail punctured it. 2 days after leaving the dealership my tire pressure measurement system goes offline. Should I pay to have the dealer fix since they may have failed to install them properly?
sucks.. be nice and maybe they'll play nice.. if not, be an asshole and make sure they know you'll be detailing your experience online through social media and through ACS. Not saying it is their fault, but it probably is, and if they're just looking to dig into your wallet again.. fuck them. Stealerships.

Originally Posted by Franchise1124
Not sold on the flu shot. I don't take it and barely get sick while my coworkers swear by it are sick twice a month.

Eat right + exercise + drink water + don't get flu shot = profit
Dis ninja here.. winning at life and drinking from the fountain of excellence.

but but the flu is not a common cold.

a virus.

science.
Don't be a dumbass..

Guys, the flu is not a common cold.

It's a virus.
Freaking Mr. Dumber here..

thus why we have a vaccine for flu and we ride out common colds...
FFS.. not even J would say some ignorant shit like this.

Let's not start the anti-vac movement in here now..
Some of these vacs do more harm than good. Educate yourself before forming an opinion. I'm not siding with these dipshit celebrities and turds who make no basis for their argument, but there are several nih and medical journal publications that detail the toxicity of not only the binders and mediums, but also the ingredients of many of these vacs as well as the poor regulation on the production of some of them. Bad batches are created often, and many die from them including my buddies aunt. The company simply went bankrupt and they were heartbroken and stuck with a +250k medical bill.

All those brilliant parents that believe these shots can give their kids autism, mercury poisoning, etc, should not be allowed to have children. It's been proven time and again that the shots help. The correlations people make with the flu shot to whatever else is nothing short of astonishing. "I got the shot and ended up super ill the next day. the flu shot is made up of the virus (true) and it got me sick (not true)." Those folks likely already were infected when they got the shot, they just weren't showing symptoms yet. I can ramble on about this...

The efficacy of the flu vaccine is rarely more than 60%. Last year it was less than 30% by many accounts because they guessed wrong. Eating healthy, staying hydrated and hygienic practices will serve you better. I have several friends and family who are in the medical field. They see sick patients everyday but are hardly sick. The reason being is they are vigilant when it comes to dealing with infectious disease.

The job of a vaccine is to invoke a reaction in the body to create antibodies. It's tricky science and the body doesn't react the same from person to person. The reaction against the vaccine antigen is what people refer to as symptoms of being sick. It is quite common to be deal with these symptoms for days or weeks after a vaccine is administered. If the vaccine is live virus, then you really are getting sick and the symptoms are often no different. Many people still get live virus vaccines, and sometimes they are unaware that they may be suffering from a compromised immune system, which makes it worse.
Old 09-30-2015, 10:36 AM
Registered Bunny

Do you know how they cure C.Diff?

by transplanting healthy poop into your unhealthy colon.
My grandma was never properly diagnosed with C.diff coming out of her operation and therefore never treated. She complained multiple times she had cramps and diarrhea, while suffering from delirium from dehydration and we put pressure on the hospital but they kept transferring her from one hospital to another.
We wanted to raise hell after she died but figured in the end it was not worth it even though there were clear signs of negligence in the case, as outlined by the coroner.
Old 09-30-2015, 10:36 AM
Senior Moderator

So how about that Hurricane Joaquin

Hurricane JOAQUIN Forecast Discussion

Looks like it's headed towards Jersey! You expecting some rain Frantz?!

I hope it bypasses NC or flying in Monday morning is NOT going to be fun.

Lucky bastards Florida for once...
Old 09-30-2015, 10:38 AM

There are not countless strains of flu out there. If there were, there wouldn't be a vaccine.
Old 09-30-2015, 10:38 AM

is it bad that i took the "not even j would say something THAT dumb" as a compliment?

I fight the flu with my favorite kinda hydration. Boodka!!!
Old 09-30-2015, 10:40 AM

not in my rectum it doesn't.
hand sani =/= anal lube
Old 09-30-2015, 10:40 AM

I fight the flu with my favorite kinda hydration. Boodka!!!
I like you.
Old 09-30-2015, 10:41 AM

it's my way of getting the company to "buy me a drink"...they pay for the hand sanitizer, i get the anal buzz. WIN!
Old 09-30-2015, 10:41 AM

maj to come in and fuck everyting up
Old 09-30-2015, 10:42 AM

My grandma was never properly diagnosed with C.diff coming out of her operation and therefore never treated. She complained multiple times she had cramps and diarrhea, while suffering from delirium from dehydration and we put pressure on the hospital but they kept transferring her from one hospital to another.
We wanted to raise hell after she died but figured in the end it was not worth it even though there were clear signs of negligence in the case, as outlined by the coroner.
a co-worker had c.diff.
was constantly sick all the time.
until he had healthy poop scooped into his butt.
Old 09-30-2015, 10:42 AM

plus, I've gotten really good at handstands.
Old 09-30-2015, 10:43 AM

I stopped once to shoo a baby armadillo from the middle of the road, I almost touched his back to pet him. Glad I didn't.

#Racetocureleprosy
Old 09-30-2015, 10:44 AM

Handstands?

You don't carry a sanitizer siphoning straw with you?

Quick Reply: The 3G Ramblings & General Discussion Thread (Trois)