3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2006+ (ALL NEW THREADS DEALING WITH 06+ TL WILL BE MERGED HERE) OFFICIAL SPECS PG. 11

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2005, 04:03 AM
Dragging knees in

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by Mike_TX
Well, it has to be said that some mfr's used things like different engine maps (spark advance, fuel mixtures, etc.), low-drag power steering pumps, low-level (low splashing loss) oilpans, and even premium gas in regular-gas engines, to achieve higher numbers under the SAE Net HP tests. One of the main features of J2723 is a level playing field ... everyone has to use REAL production parts and the same lubricants and fuels specified for the production car.

To the extent they did NOT do this, their hp and torque numbers were "fudged", pure and simple. So, it is techically and factually incorrect to say Acura's correction from 270hp to 258hp in the 3.2liter is just "juggling numbers". Yes, the horsepower is the same as it always was, but Honda/Acura obviously played some games when they coaxed 270hp out of their test engines. After all, their marketing guys wanted to trump the competition and advertise a bigger number ...
Honda/Acura and Nissan/Infiniti were at a horsepower battle for a while, and I'm sure they tried everything they could to achieve the maximum number possible.
Old 08-28-2005, 02:29 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do you think we will find out on Friday what Honda has in store for the 2006 TL? It was last year on 9-1-04, that they posted on Hondanews.com

Michael
Old 08-28-2005, 02:34 PM
DMZ
Head a da Family

Received 561 Likes on 393 Posts
Originally Posted by Msnowdon
Do you think we will find out on Friday what Honda has in store for the 2006 TL? It was last year on 9-1-04, that they posted on Hondanews.com

Michael
So far, a tire pressure monitor to be sure.
Old 08-28-2005, 03:39 PM
Racer

Which sounds like will be a suck A$$ system. I am hoping for something that will tell me stats for each tire, not just a light on the dash
Old 08-28-2005, 03:40 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Batman-JGII
Which sounds like will be a suck A$$ system. I am hoping for something that will tell me stats for each tire, not just a light on the dash
I may be out of the loop, but I thought Honda only used the per-tire system?
Old 08-28-2005, 04:07 PM
Racer

I hope you are right. I just heard that it may not be to that level of detail. I guess we will just have to wait and see.
Old 08-28-2005, 06:17 PM
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Question hp

the 2006 tl is only going to have 258 hp in it.
Old 08-28-2005, 06:40 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by EmuMessenger
I may be out of the loop, but I thought Honda only used the per-tire system?

I dont think so cause the MDX tire pressure monitor will only warn you when there is a low tire pressure and does not display the pressure of each tire. So i guess the TL will probably get the same system as the MDX.
Old 08-28-2005, 06:51 PM
Instructor

well, the mdx does tell you which tire is low. It's the same icon that tells you if doors are open
Old 08-28-2005, 07:16 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by jwclements1
well, the mdx does tell you which tire is low. It's the same icon that tells you if doors are open

Good information. Thanks.
Old 08-28-2005, 08:05 PM
professional TL driver

I just had to answer....

Its been a while since i have posted, i have had other projects that have taken my time, and money. namely i bought a motorcycle...

this thread has been so diluted but i had to comment...

with the new method, it is going to give more consistent basis for the hp claim, instead of a company testing a motor a putting its output down, an outside third party picks and tests the motor...

there were/are three basic ways to measure horespower, sae gross, sae net, and the new sae net

sae gross was when the motor was tested sans accessories, emissions, nd sometimes even exaust and air cleaners.... although this was an acurate # as to what the engine would produce, it wouldnt produce this # when in your car... as the car would have accessories, exaust, aircleaners, emissions and so on...

sae net is the motor as installed in your car... aka the amount of power it should produce as installed from the factory at the crank.... this # is how the manufacture rates the car, 9 times out of 10 this # is very accurate (still is in the case of acura will show how later). but there are always the stand outs in every crowd... who remebers the 01 ford cobra? this car was supoposed to have 320 hp, but they didnt on the dyno in the car. why? the exaust had to be changed when it was put in the car, all the test engines had round pipes, that were straighter, those exaust pipes didnt fit the chassis of the car so a production line change was made to slightly smaller pipes and these were further flattened to fit... exaust flow suffered, and although the car was rated at 320hp, it really only had about 290-300 at the crank as installed... they later recalled all 01 cobras to fix them, they also didnt produce an 02 cobra because of this issue. now the 03 and newer cobras are rated only at 390hp, but they regularly put down 375+hp on the dyno, this translates into 425+ hp at the crank, sounds like ford didnt want to get embarressed again, they under estimated that car...

what everyone needs to remember is that all dyno #s are measured at the wheels, not the crank, you will lose 15%-20% in drivetrain loss with every car... here is a link to aem dyno http://www.aempower.com/pdf/dyno/21-...Acura%20TL.pdf thisis dyno showed 229.6hp on a stock car, not bad but not the 270 acura clams right. well lets look at that... 270 at the crank, if you were to go by a 15% loss for a manual. 270 x .85 = 229.5 hp.... what is this? the car on aem dyno had .1 more thean it should have... here is a dyno as listed from k&n http://www.kandn.com/dynocharts/69-0021.jpg, low and behold it produced about 227hp on the dyno stock... which means yes its 1 or 2 hp short but stll very, very close to 270... here is the computech dyno, once again the stock car belted out 230.4hp oh my 1 to 2 more then stock http://www.comptechusa.com/store/med...atbackDyno.pdf

my point? acura never lied if anything there # are spot on

now with the new sae methods.... these are dynos of 3 (or more) engines radomly picked and tested, and they are tested by an outside party, in "general atmophereic conditions" there #s are averaged. this new method keeps everyone honest, it makes sure a company isnt over or under estimating power, the old tests were done under ideal conditions by the manufactures, the new tests are supposed to mimic real world conditions, with a real world motor picked from the assembly line at random.... this manor of testing CLEARLY benifits cars where the engines receive extra attention (aka, the nearly handbuilt new z06) most cars are going to lose power with the new scale, a few will gain (z06, mustang cobra)

in any high # manufacture situation there will be different tolerances allowed. this means 10 motors built at the same time will all produce a different amount of power. and when several hundred are built the same thing will happen. with the old system the manufactures were resposible to pick and test there motors. it wasnt that acura was "fudging the #s" it was that they were accurate for there testing methods... the new methods make that car lose 12hp on paper, but as the previous dyno charts show, many of the cars do have 270 hp if not a few more!!!!!

many companied dont like or want to use the new "honest method" that fact that acura/honda put it on there new sheets shows me they arent worried about the #'s, but the are worried about being honest to there consumers....

score 1 more in my book for acura
Old 08-29-2005, 09:30 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by Msnowdon

Michael
I would guess yes as that is when info for Honda cars should be posted. I know the Civic embargo will be lifted and there should be some info on the updated Pilot as well as others including the MMC done to the TSX.

I wouldn't expect too much in the way of change for the TL except for the SSM being replaced with Alabaster Silver and computer programing ment to address the "torque steer" issues many have complained about.
Old 08-29-2005, 04:54 PM
AcurAdmirer

Received 352 Likes on 164 Posts
Originally Posted by Precision Crafted

I wouldn't expect too much in the way of change for the TL except for ... computer programing ment to address the "torque steer" issues many have complained about.
Uhhh. How are they gonna deal with torque steer via computer programming? The only way they could do that is to change the engine mapping to actually dial back the power.

Torque steer is the inevitable consequence of torque, and can be reduced only by reducing that torque or by a re-design of the driveline (such as with equal-length shafts or repositioning of the center of inertia of the driveline components, etc.).

It would be neat if they could just change something in the car's computer, but it ain't that easy ...
Old 08-29-2005, 06:29 PM
Dragging knees in

Uhhh. How are they gonna deal with torque steer via computer programming? The only way they could do that is to change the engine mapping to actually dial back the power.

Torque steer is the inevitable consequence of torque, and can be reduced only by reducing that torque or by a re-design of the driveline (such as with equal-length shafts or repositioning of the center of inertia of the driveline components, etc.).

It would be neat if they could just change something in the car's computer, but it ain't that easy ...
I'm not 100% sure, but I think the torque-sensitive steering system is computer controlled.
Old 08-29-2005, 07:09 PM
Advanced

I'm beginning to get the idea that there are no hardware changes at all in the '06. The TPMS is said to be just a warning and not an actual pressure reading. That can be accomplished by programming the ABS system to recognize that one tire has a different rolling circumference than the others.
Old 08-29-2005, 08:04 PM
Pro

I'm only telling you that which has been reported on HondaNews as well at TOV.
Old 08-29-2005, 08:09 PM
Dragging knees in

Originally Posted by TBnDFW
I'm beginning to get the idea that there are no hardware changes at all in the '06. The TPMS is said to be just a warning and not an actual pressure reading. That can be accomplished by programming the ABS system to recognize that one tire has a different rolling circumference than the others.
ABS and VSA work off the wheel speed. Even when the tire pressure is low, it will still be rolling at the same speed and ABS is not capable of detecting that.
Old 08-29-2005, 08:33 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
As mentioned, Acura already has TPMS implemented inthe MDX. You can hear/view how it works by going to Acura's MDX product page, selecting"Gallery" and then selecting "Interior Showroom". You'll get an interactive demo with a list of features. TPMS is listed last.

In a nutshell, TPMS consists of a transmitter in each tire (located next to the stem valve). If the tire pressure gets two low, two things happen on the instrument pannel: 1) You are notified that there is a tire with low pressure, 2) You're notified which tire has the low pressure warning. That's it. You do not get a readout of each tire's pressure. I'm not sure what the theshold is that triggers the low pressure warning.
Old 08-29-2005, 08:35 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Pure Adrenaline
ABS and VSA work off the wheel speed. Even when the tire pressure is low, it will still be rolling at the same speed and ABS is not capable of detecting that.
I'm just going by the explanation on page 141 of the January 2005 issue of Road & Track.
Old 08-29-2005, 11:15 PM
Dragging knees in

I'm just going by the explanation on page 141 of the January 2005 issue of Road & Track.
Is the article online, by any chance? Or could you possibly scan and post the article? I would like to read it, just for knowledge's sake.

I can't imagine ABS/VSA set up to detect low tire pressure. It would be too sensitive and set it off unnecessarily. However, if the difference in diameter becomes too great, then it can and will detect it. That's why the owner's manual states that if you have a spare donut on the car, you should disable the VSA. And of course in this case, a spare donut would be an exaggerated case of a flat tire, simulating a diameter difference due to low pressure.

Theoretically speaking, ABS and VSA could be set up to detect low tire pressure by monitoring the speed differences among the wheels that are created by different diameters which is, in turn, created by low tire pressure. But how would the systems be able to differentiate between an actual slippage and diameter differences?

Again, if the systems were set up to detect small diameter differences due to low tire pressure, then they would become too sensitive. And if the threshold were raised to prevent false warnings, then it would raise the threshold to higher pressure differences, which would probably be approaching the equivalent of a flat tire by then, which should be easily detectable by humans already.

I just don't see practicality and useability in this theory. But I'm no ABS/VSA engineer, and I'm sure they have some tricks up their sleeves that I wouldn't know about. It is an interesting idea, though. Integrating TPMS into ABS/VSA somehow would save production costs and be able to offer more active safety features at lower costs.
Old 08-30-2005, 12:27 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Pure Adrenaline
Is the article online, by any chance? Or could you possibly scan and post the article? I would like to read it, just for knowledge's sake.

I can't imagine ABS/VSA set up to detect low tire pressure. It would be too sensitive and set it off unnecessarily. However, if the difference in diameter becomes too great, then it can and will detect it. That's why the owner's manual states that if you have a spare donut on the car, you should disable the VSA. And of course in this case, a spare donut would be an exaggerated case of a flat tire, simulating a diameter difference due to low pressure.

Theoretically speaking, ABS and VSA could be set up to detect low tire pressure by monitoring the speed differences among the wheels that are created by different diameters which is, in turn, created by low tire pressure. But how would the systems be able to differentiate between an actual slippage and diameter differences?

Again, if the systems were set up to detect small diameter differences due to low tire pressure, then they would become too sensitive. And if the threshold were raised to prevent false warnings, then it would raise the threshold to higher pressure differences, which would probably be approaching the equivalent of a flat tire by then, which should be easily detectable by humans already.

I just don't see practicality and useability in this theory. But I'm no ABS/VSA engineer, and I'm sure they have some tricks up their sleeves that I wouldn't know about. It is an interesting idea, though. Integrating TPMS into ABS/VSA somehow would save production costs and be able to offer more active safety features at lower costs.
Find the article here:

http://www.roadandtrack.com/article....rticle_id=1691

They don't like it and point out the problems.
Old 08-30-2005, 12:39 AM
Chief

Thanks for all the great info guys...looks like I'll have to trade mine in for the 06, but I have heard that the 07-08 are really going to bring the best changes.
Old 08-30-2005, 12:49 AM
Dragging knees in

Find the article here:

http://www.roadandtrack.com/article....rticle_id=1691

They don't like it and point out the problems.
Awesome. Thanks for the link!
Old 08-30-2005, 07:51 AM
Oderint dum metuant.

Received 534 Likes on 446 Posts
Originally Posted by TL-CrAzIe-05
Thanks for all the great info guys...looks like I'll have to trade mine in for the 06, but I have heard that the 07-08 are really going to bring the best changes.
Trade an 05 for an 06 just for a TPMS? That's like my grandfather trading his Cadillac for the next years' model because of a cup holder.

And yeah, TPMS is just as worthless as a cup holder. If you want to know if your tire pressure's low, take 2 minutes and check your tire pressure once in a while...it's not that hard.
Old 08-30-2005, 09:56 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by chill_dog
Trade an 05 for an 06 just for a TPMS? That's like my grandfather trading his Cadillac for the next years' model because of a cup holder.

And yeah, TPMS is just as worthless as a cup holder. If you want to know if your tire pressure's low, take 2 minutes and check your tire pressure once in a while...it's not that hard.
I think it was also designed with the idea that you could get a reading while driving. Sometimes it's difficult to detect a leak/low tire in the rear of your car while driving fast. This would let you know before the tire goes flat, so you could possibly avoid a blowout/accident ---> previous Gen Ford Explorers.

Also, with that cheap ABS TPMS, one of the drawbacks, IIRC, is that if all the tires are low, you will not get a low pressure warning as the system compares the speed at which the tire rotates with the other three.
Old 08-30-2005, 10:06 AM
Oderint dum metuant.

Received 534 Likes on 446 Posts
Originally Posted by Gadgets
I think it was also designed with the idea that you could get a reading while driving. Sometimes it's difficult to detect a leak/low tire in the rear of your car while driving fast. This would let you know before the tire goes flat, so you could possibly avoid a blowout/accident ---> previous Gen Ford Explorers.
I'll give you that...one of my rear tires was low once and I didn't know it until someone beside me said something (wasn't going fast but was about to be). A system that reads and reports the actual pressure in each tire would be good. If one gets below some threshold, a message displays. Not sure if that's possible (or reasonable from an expense standpoint if it is), but that would be of some use, even to those of us who check our tire pressure from time to time.
Old 08-30-2005, 12:26 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by chill_dog
A system that reads and reports the actual pressure in each tire would be good. If one gets below some threshold, a message displays.
Well, the system in the Pilot will show a light next to the tire that is low. It won't show the exact reading, but the manual states the minimum pressure before the light is on. Yeah, you won't know it's whether it's just a little low or extremely low, but it's better than not knowing at all.

The G35 with navigation shows actual pressures I believe whereas non-navigation equipped models only show an idiot light. The idiot light only says one of the tires is low. It does not even tell you which one....
Old 08-30-2005, 12:48 PM
Pro

The MID on the RL gives an actual reading if I'm not mistaken. Seeing that the RL and TL both have MID's it should take too much programming to implement the RL's screen to the TL's.
Old 08-31-2005, 01:40 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Gadgets
Well, the system in the Pilot will show a light next to the tire that is low. It won't show the exact reading, but the manual states the minimum pressure before the light is on. Yeah, you won't know it's whether it's just a little low or extremely low, but it's better than not knowing at all.

The G35 with navigation shows actual pressures I believe whereas non-navigation equipped models only show an idiot light. The idiot light only says one of the tires is low. It does not even tell you which one....

Funny, my buddy has a G35 and the TPMS light comes on, he takes it to the dealer thinking it was a check engine light.
Old 08-31-2005, 01:41 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Precision Crafted
The MID on the RL gives an actual reading if I'm not mistaken. Seeing that the RL and TL both have MID's it should take too much programming to implement the RL's screen to the TL's.
I like the RL system much better but I was wondering what needed to be done when you got new tires?
Old 09-01-2005, 09:34 PM
Burning Brakes

So Acura put out the press release, not much talk about it, anyone find anything good?
Old 09-02-2005, 06:05 PM
Instructor

1- split fold rear seat

2- bring back BOSE the ELS cannot compare to the bose 5.1 u dont get the "punch" that u get from bose and the crystal clear sound either... dont get me wrong, it's a great radio, but nothing like a bose...

3- if we were to get SH-awd i would want it to be REAR biased to make the car more sports car-like the FWD aspect of the car in regards to performance doesnt hold up to the awesome appearance of the car

4- the heated mirror button should be backlit... and the Left and Right selector!

5- torque, torque, torque!!! and a nice HP bump would be cool too!

6- functional side marker lights that blink when turning

7- onstar

8- auto up/down for the rear windows

9- tire pressure monitor

10- an exhaust similar to the 350z/G35 coupe! Yum!

11- fog lights down below instead of next to the headlights

12- cooled seats would be nice

13- mp3 capablity

14- the joystick for the navi should be lit with the cool blue like the VOLUME/pwr button and the TUNING button

15- LOSE the damn Bridgestone Turanza EL42s!!
Old 09-02-2005, 06:14 PM
18,000mi. 29000km

1. Split fold - I used once when I had my last car. They said it's for rigidity reasons. TL feels solid and will have to lose bit of that if we get folding seat.

2. Bose and ELS. I have no clue I never heard bose but wish we had more power than average 225watts

3. SH-awd. wouldn't it add hundreds of pounds and make car go sluggisher than now? We will need new engine to compensate that.

5. tq/hp up - more power means more gas, right? Hmmmmmm I don't think I'm in.

6. side marker - I agree. On mirror would be good too like TSX

7. Onstar - I agree. where the heck did it go from last year? I might try it one year just out of curiousity.

8. Auto up/down - I agree.

9. TPMS - they are getting this on 06, right? it's official

10. Exhaust - hmm?? personal preference

11. fog light - I dont even have one cuz I got Canadian version. I would be happy to see fog light.

12. cooled seats - I agree

13. MP3 - I agree, WMA would be good too

14. joystic - personal preference

15. I have michelin on my car from factory so.. no comments there.\

- My wish list
:dimmed outside mirror(my eyes hurt in night)
:rain sensor(It looks so cool. not sure how well it works in real life)
:cut the weight somehow to save gas and go faster
:can't leather be more durable?
:AcuraLink and NavTraffic
:RDS and CD-TEXT - what a retarded headunit. even pontiac sunfire has them
ption of getting more wood trims?
Old 09-02-2005, 06:55 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by bf17738
1- split fold rear seat

2- bring back BOSE the ELS cannot compare to the bose 5.1 u dont get the "punch" that u get from bose and the crystal clear sound either... dont get me wrong, it's a great radio, but nothing like a bose...

3- if we were to get SH-awd i would want it to be REAR biased to make the car more sports car-like the FWD aspect of the car in regards to performance doesnt hold up to the awesome appearance of the car

4- the heated mirror button should be backlit... and the Left and Right selector!

7- onstar

9- tire pressure monitor

13- mp3 capablity

14- the joystick for the navi should be lit with the cool blue like the VOLUME/pwr button and the TUNING button

15- LOSE the damn Bridgestone Turanza EL42s!!

Well I thought the EL42's were history any way. I replaced mine the first chance I got.

Why ligt up the joystick? I can see mine just fine at night or I use the touch screen or voice recognition.

TPM is on the '06's.

Heated mirror button will be similar to the RL's (most likely FMC).

BOSE. Well that all depends on who you talk to. I've had their systems in my past Acuras and the ELS is better IMO. BOSE maybe clear but I'm not sure of what punch you are talking about. BOSE has no bass what so ever. Again, IMO.
Old 09-02-2005, 09:22 PM
Instructor

as far as the joystick goes... i can see it too... but everything else is lit up in the car except that and the heated mirror button and Left/Right... i think the blue lights behind the joystick would look cool...

as far as BOSE goes.... you have to compare apples to apples... the previous TL models didnt have the 5.1 surround sound... so u cant compare it to the ELS... and this ELS system has the shittiest bass i have heard ever... my old Grand Am had more bass in the stock radio.... BOSE 5.1 in the new STS and the new M45 sounds like heaven.

Dont get me wrong, i like the ELS but i had to add a sub to give it more ooomph. Go listen to the sound in the Caddy and the Infinity m45... and listen to the BOSE 2 channel in an A4... they sound MUCH better than ours....
Old 09-03-2005, 09:50 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by bf17738
as far as the joystick goes... i can see it too... but everything else is lit up in the car except that and the heated mirror button and Left/Right... i think the blue lights behind the joystick would look cool...

as far as BOSE goes.... you have to compare apples to apples... the previous TL models didnt have the 5.1 surround sound... so u cant compare it to the ELS... and this ELS system has the shittiest bass i have heard ever... my old Grand Am had more bass in the stock radio.... BOSE 5.1 in the new STS and the new M45 sounds like heaven.

Dont get me wrong, i like the ELS but i had to add a sub to give it more ooomph. Go listen to the sound in the Caddy and the Infinity m45... and listen to the BOSE 2 channel in an A4... they sound MUCH better than ours....
I've heard the BOSE set up in the RL and I agree it does sound better imagining wise then ours.

If I remember correctly, the TL's sound stage was set up biased to front passengers where as the BOSE set ups in the RL, M, and STS have a sound stage designed for all passengers.

This could explain why the TL's system is lacking in some regards.
Old 09-03-2005, 10:22 AM
AcurAdmirer

Received 352 Likes on 164 Posts
Originally Posted by Batman-JGII
I like the RL system much better but I was wondering what needed to be done when you got new tires?
I can't tell you for 100% sure about the RL, but most of these systems use a valve stem that relays the pressure information to the display. So when you change tires, the valve stems stay on te rims and everything usually works fine. I changed rims on my M45, though, and the tech had to use an electronic tool to get the system to recognize them.

And BTW, if you go to a different tire size, the system recalibrates itself to the new tire diameter.
Old 09-03-2005, 12:57 PM
professional TL driver

1- split fold rear seat

previous post is right, the tl is so "taunt" becasue we dont have this gapping hole going into the truck, having totaled a car before, i will take all the rigidity i can get

never having heard the caddy or m radio i cannot compare, but for the tl in its price range the radio cannot be beat, yeas the bass isnt on level with your pontiac, but that pontiac sounds like ass both inside the car and whats comming from the tale pipe

weight penalty would be significant here, the rl has both more torque and hp, and a stock tl has been known to outrun them, the point of fwd is a "safer" car, you are less likely to lose control of a fwd vs a rwd car. i know it would be all wheel drive but the power has to go a less way.... it probably wont change

i agree!!!

torque steer is already nearing the limits, more torque would make it worse, besides gas prices are killing me now

i agree

7- onstar

onstar is owned by gm, honda/acura have to pay to use it in their cars.... thats why its offered on the rl as thats their top end model

will probably never happen becasue of insurance liability (little kids hurting/killing themselves)

9- tire pressure monitor

the 06 will have this, could probably be retrofitted to the 04, has anyone notice tirepressure is one of the functions inside the navi models secret check screen?

will never happen although the engines are similar, they are far enough apart that they wont sound like each other,

i would like this too, so i agree

living in florida, oh yes i like this

13- mp3 capablity

maybe in the future

that would be cool

15- LOSE the damn Bridgestone Turanza EL42s!![/QUOTE]

my car came with yokohamas, and now it has bf goodrich, im happy
Old 09-03-2005, 03:17 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Steel
Here's the G35:

SAE Net Horsepower @ RPM, 280 @ 6200
SAE Net Horsepower @ RPM, 298 @ 6400.
SAE Net Torque @ RPM, 260 @ 4800
SAE Net Torque @ RPM, 270 @ 4800
Originally Posted by EZZ
Nissan has stated they won't change over to the new method on their old engines
owned
Old 09-03-2005, 06:14 PM
18,000mi. 29000km

Only 6MT gets new logic to reduce TQsteer

not sure if it was on here already.

"For 2006, models with the 6-speed manual transmission incorporate engine control module changes to help reduce torque steer during acceleration."

so those people out there looking to retrofit this, it will depend on how easy to change ECM?(I'm not a mechanic)

Quick Reply: 2006+ (ALL NEW THREADS DEALING WITH 06+ TL WILL BE MERGED HERE) OFFICIAL SPECS PG. 11