3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2006+ (ALL NEW THREADS DEALING WITH 06+ TL WILL BE MERGED HERE) OFFICIAL SPECS PG. 11

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2005, 06:16 PM
18,000mi. 29000km

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sounds like TL is getting inferior TPMS

New for 2006, the TL is equipped with a direct Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS). Using a series of four sensors and four initiators (one for each tire) and a receiver to capture and relay information, the system alerts the driver when it detects that tire pressure in one or more tires drops significantly below the recommended pressure.

It sounds like it only gives "Low" warning instead of actual number
Old 09-03-2005, 06:42 PM
18,000mi. 29000km

Or maybe we are getting a good one

- Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) with location and pressure indicators (New for 2006)
Old 09-03-2005, 07:02 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Actuary
New for 2006, the TL is equipped with a direct Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS). Using a series of four sensors and four initiators (one for each tire) and a receiver to capture and relay information, the system alerts the driver when it detects that tire pressure in one or more tires drops significantly below the recommended pressure.

It sounds like it only gives "Low" warning instead of actual number
No, it sounds like the good version. I would expect a warning because few people would keep the TPMS screen up all the time. They might choose to not display individual tire pressures, but at least it is measuring them. The cheap system can't do that. With the cheap system you could drop 6 lbs. from all 4 tires and never get a warning.

Four sensors
Old 09-03-2005, 07:13 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by ONAGER
1- split fold rear seat

previous post is right, the tl is so "taunt" becasue we dont have this gapping hole going into the truck, having totaled a car before, i will take all the rigidity i can get

2- bring back BOSE the ELS cannot compare to the bose 5.1 u dont get the "punch" that u get from bose and the crystal clear sound either... dont get me wrong, it's a great radio, but nothing like a bose...

never having heard the caddy or m radio i cannot compare, but for the tl in its price range the radio cannot be beat, yeas the bass isnt on level with your pontiac, but that pontiac sounds like ass both inside the car and whats comming from the tale pipe

3- if we were to get SH-awd i would want it to be REAR biased to make the car more sports car-like the FWD aspect of the car in regards to performance doesnt hold up to the awesome appearance of the car

weight penalty would be significant here, the rl has both more torque and hp, and a stock tl has been known to outrun them, the point of fwd is a "safer" car, you are less likely to lose control of a fwd vs a rwd car. i know it would be all wheel drive but the power has to go a less way.... it probably wont change

4- the heated mirror button should be backlit... and the Left and Right selector!

i agree!!!

5- torque, torque, torque!!! and a nice HP bump would be cool too!

torque steer is already nearing the limits, more torque would make it worse, besides gas prices are killing me now

6- functional side marker lights that blink when turning

i agree

7- onstar

onstar is owned by gm, honda/acura have to pay to use it in their cars.... thats why its offered on the rl as thats their top end model

8- auto up/down for the rear windows

will probably never happen becasue of insurance liability (little kids hurting/killing themselves)

9- tire pressure monitor

the 06 will have this, could probably be retrofitted to the 04, has anyone notice tirepressure is one of the functions inside the navi models secret check screen?

10- an exhaust similar to the 350z/G35 coupe! Yum!

will never happen although the engines are similar, they are far enough apart that they wont sound like each other,

11- fog lights down below instead of next to the headlights

i would like this too, so i agree

12- cooled seats would be nice

living in florida, oh yes i like this

13- mp3 capablity

maybe in the future

14- the joystick for the navi should be lit with the cool blue like the VOLUME/pwr button and the TUNING button

that would be cool

15- LOSE the damn Bridgestone Turanza EL42s!!
my car came with yokohamas, and now it has bf goodrich, im happy[/QUOTE]

Auto up/down rear windows will come. The RL "had" to have them first as it is the top tier model.

Onstar was standard on the last TL with Nav. The CL was the same way. Not sure what the big deal was in dropping it from the TL since the RL at the time still had it. Now the MDX with Nav has it. My best guess it to give the RL more features then the feature ladden TL.

The TL is at the limit with FWD. If it is to go any futher then RWD (I wish) or SH-AWD will be used. Now, if the rumored sedan above the RL is true and if the next RL is to get a V8 then there is hope that the fifth (maybe fourth) generation TL could be build off of that platform if such a platform exist. But lets remember, who would have thougth Honda was developing a V10 for production and building a V8 off of the same block.
Old 09-07-2005, 06:56 AM
Advanced

Any pics yet?
Old 09-07-2005, 07:10 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Smittymac
Any pics yet?
the 06 will look exactly the same unless you're refering to pics of the TPMS?
Old 09-08-2005, 05:38 AM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
iPod support coming to Acura:
http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2005...ipod_auto.html

...the new iPod Nano looks cool too:
http://www.apple.com/
http://www.apple.com/ipodnano/

Jeff
Old 09-08-2005, 08:08 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by JeffNY

Jeff

So will this be part of the 06 TL?
Old 09-08-2005, 08:44 AM
Racer

Not sure if this will be part of the 06 TL....but if I had to guess I'd say YES!
Old 09-08-2005, 12:32 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by JeffNY

Jeff
All I have to say is PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!!!!!!! let that be in the 06 TL's!!!!!!

Old 09-08-2005, 02:58 PM
Advanced

This was quoted on the TSX forum... but I don't know where it was quoted from

But it does mention the TL

Acura today unveiled the Acura Music Link iPod(R) adaptor, which allows seamless integration between iPod and Acura audio systems. The new accessory developed by Acura enables drivers to listen to their iPod in digital sound directly through the audio system in the 2006 Acura RL, TL and TSX sedans and MDX SUV. Acura Music Link allows drivers to select their music by artist, album, genre and play list through the standard controls on the audio system head unit. Additionally, the Acura Music Link adaptor will be the first to include text-to-speech capabilities or VoiceID, when searching through the iPod music library with the audio system controls.

"We are very excited to partner with Apple and offer the Music Link accessory to our Acura customers," said Stony Furutani, manager of Acura accessory marketing. "Acura vehicles are equipped with the latest audio technology and we are pleased to expand the audio experience to iPod users."

"We're thrilled to team up with Acura, to provide drivers with a seamless iPod experience," said Greg Joswiak, Apple's vice president of iPod product marketing. "Car companies are embracing the iPod, and over 30% of the cars sold in the US in 2006 will offer iPod integration."

The Acura Music Link adaptor provides outstanding sound quality while charging the iPod battery at the same time by a cable conveniently located in the glove compartment. The adaptor will be available starting in mid-December exclusively for purchase and installation at Acura dealers. Suggested retail pricing for the Acura Music Link will be approximately $250 plus dealer installation charge. Acura Music Link is backed by a full Acura factory warranty. Consumers should check with Acura dealers for specific restrictions.

iPod's are available at in the U.S. through the Apple Store(R) at www.apple.com and at selected retail outlets
Old 09-08-2005, 03:07 PM
Advanced

Found the link.. and verified its MSRP of $250

http://corporate.honda.com/press/art...=2005090754774
Old 09-08-2005, 03:13 PM
Advanced

That is nice to hear.

I don't want to be a pest, nor do I want to read through 20 pages, but what is new with the TL. I know it will look the same, but what minor changes have they done? Any new color / interior combos and anyother small changes?
Old 09-08-2005, 03:31 PM
Racer

That is nice to hear.

I don't want to be a pest, nor do I want to read through 20 pages, but what is new with the TL. I know it will look the same, but what minor changes have they done? Any new color / interior combos and anyother small changes?
Here you go......

Since its groundbreaking redesign in 2004, the Acura TL has solidified its place as both the top selling Acura and best-selling luxury sedan in the country. The TL comes equipped with a 3.2-liter, VTEC V-6 engine, a drive-by-wire throttle system, and an available close-ratio 6-speed manual transmission with limited slip differential. For 2006, a Tire Pressure Monitoring System is added to the TL’s already long list of standard safety features as are two new exterior colors.

* Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
* Revised engine management system and steering angle sensor logic help reduce torque steer
* New Colors:
o Royal Blue Pearl replaces Abyss Blue Pearl
o Alabaster Silver Metallic replaces Satin Silver Metallic
o Deep Green Pearl discontinued

New horsepower/torque ratings: 258 horsepower SAE net (Rev 8/04) at 6200 rpm, 233 lbs-ft. of torque SAE net (Rev 8/04) at 5000 rpm
Old 09-08-2005, 03:55 PM
Advanced

Any pics yet?
http://hondanews.com/CatID3011

Nothin to write home about tho...
Old 09-08-2005, 04:10 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by jowaldo

We will only see exterior changes for the MMC which should be for the '07 model year. Maybe those changes will be seen as early as next March.
Old 09-08-2005, 05:00 PM
AcurAdmirer

Received 352 Likes on 164 Posts
I'm very interested in seeing what this *really* means:

"Revised engine management system and steering angle sensor logic help reduce torque steer"

It sounds suspiciously like the engine management system might cut power when the steering angle sensor detects torque steer. In other words, it would cut the throttle to keep the TL from wagging its head under heavy throttle.

It may just be me, but I'd MUCH rather it let ME deal with the TQ steer rather than have the ECM deal with it by reducing throttle. Because cutting the throttle means cutting the acceleration. Kinda like some of those nanny stability control systems that apply the brakes and/or cut power to keep you from taking corners too aggressively ...
Old 09-08-2005, 06:05 PM
To punish and enslave

Originally Posted by Mike_TX
I'm very interested in seeing what this *really* means:

"Revised engine management system and steering angle sensor logic help reduce torque steer"

It sounds suspiciously like the engine management system might cut power when the steering angle sensor detects torque steer. In other words, it would cut the throttle to keep the TL from wagging its head under heavy throttle.

It may just be me, but I'd MUCH rather it let ME deal with the TQ steer rather than have the ECM deal with it by reducing throttle. Because cutting the throttle means cutting the acceleration. Kinda like some of those nanny stability control systems that apply the brakes and/or cut power to keep you from taking corners too aggressively ...
I wondered about this too. If you're right then I hope this new management thing can be turned off along with VSA.
Old 09-08-2005, 07:11 PM
18,000mi. 29000km

Originally Posted by TL CHROMETIDE
I wondered about this too. If you're right then I hope this new management thing can be turned off along with VSA.
It is correct. You can turn off the TQ bullshit logic with "VSA off" button. Found on hondanews.com
Old 09-08-2005, 07:38 PM
AcurAdmirer

Originally Posted by Actuary
It is correct. You can turn off the TQ bullshit logic with "VSA off" button. Found on hondanews.com
I guess I missed that in the hondanews thingy. But if it IS correct, then I'm disappointed. VSA uses brakes and reduced engine power to control traction and slippage, so that does sound like it's gonna "control" TS by cutting power. And having to turn off VSA sux, since that's kinda like putting on a rubba ... you have to plan ahead if you want to have some fun at a stoplight.
Old 09-08-2005, 07:59 PM
Burning Brakes

It says on hondanews.com that the new engine management system and steering angle sensor logic is only on the 6MT.
Old 09-08-2005, 08:25 PM
AcurAdmirer

Originally Posted by whatjones911
It says on hondanews.com that the new engine management system and steering angle sensor logic is only on the 6MT.
Boy, I've read that little print 'til my eyes hurt, hoping to find just exactly that. But it still eludes me. I'll just hope you read it right!
Old 09-08-2005, 09:41 PM
Instructor

White on Black!!!!

I went to Acura today. I almost bought an '05. They asked me my color preference, and I mentioned that I really wanted White on Ebony. He proceeded to tell me that he has one on ordered. It's an '06, and I saw it w/ my own eyes. It will be there in October!

I'm sorry if ya'll knew this already. I had an '00 Max White on Black. Beautiful combination, and it stayed clean too!
Old 09-18-2005, 11:45 AM
10th Gear

Nice...white on black...that is the combo that I was looking for. I will have to go and check it out!!
Old 09-18-2005, 01:50 PM
18,000mi. 29000km

Originally Posted by whatjones911
This is correct too, I posted it under 06 merged thread couple weeks back.

only 6MT gets this feature
Old 09-19-2005, 08:26 AM
Instructor

Anyone know if there's a price increase in '06? If so, how much?
Old 09-19-2005, 07:04 PM
Cruisin'

When will the '06's hit the showroom? Patiently waiting!
Old 09-19-2005, 07:25 PM
05 WDP 6MT

Originally Posted by Xs05TL
When will the '06's hit the showroom? Patiently waiting!
I have a WZ/EN (White/Ebony) 6speed Nav ordered and should hit my showroom mid October.
Old 09-19-2005, 08:00 PM
Burning Brakes

Didn't someone said they saw a white/ebony in a U.S dealership already and said it was an 06? I forgot what thread though
Old 09-19-2005, 09:13 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 66 Likes on 28 Posts
Graphical encore

Originally Posted by jowaldo

If I am not mistaken, those are the same promo pics of the 2005 TL which someone pointed out are exactly the same shots as used for the 2004 TL.

Well, it saves money.
Old 09-19-2005, 09:52 PM
Instructor

New Green color for 06?!

I went to the dealer over the weekend and asked the salesman whats new for 06 and he told me that there are new exterior color which is another tone of green. I was like what?! Per hondanews.com it states one new silver and one new blue and discontinued the green. He showed his list of 06 changes and said the Acura Representative came in the day before to tell them whats new for 06 and thats what he was told. I quesitoned his source but damn he works for the dealers. Anyone heard of that new green color?

Also, does anyone know about ebony with wooden trims on the 06? I asked the salesman and he said there wont be any changes. but i thought i heard something new about that.
Old 09-20-2005, 12:08 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by wasabe918
I went to the dealer over the weekend and asked the salesman whats new for 06 and he told me that there are new exterior color which is another tone of green. I was like what?! Per hondanews.com it states one new silver and one new blue and discontinued the green. He showed his list of 06 changes and said the Acura Representative came in the day before to tell them whats new for 06 and thats what he was told. I quesitoned his source but damn he works for the dealers. Anyone heard of that new green color?

Also, does anyone know about ebony with wooden trims on the 06? I asked the salesman and he said there wont be any changes. but i thought i heard something new about that.
I think your salesman has confused the TL for the TSX. The TSX gains Deep Green Pearl (from the TL) and a new shade of wood trim.
Old 09-20-2005, 12:16 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Colors

Wasabe918, the 06 TL color combos are:

Alabaster Silver -- Quartz or Ebony
Anthracite -- Parchment, Quartz or Ebony
Desert Mist -- Parchment
Redondo Red -- Parchment or Camel
Royal Blue -- Parchment or Quartz
Nighthawk Black -- Parchment, Camel, Quartz or Ebony
White Diamond Pearl -- Parchment or Ebony
Old 09-20-2005, 05:27 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by JeffS
Wasabe918, the 06 TL color combos are:

Alabaster Silver -- Quartz or Ebony
Anthracite -- Parchment, Quartz or Ebony
Desert Mist -- Parchment
Redondo Red -- Parchment or Camel
Royal Blue -- Parchment or Quartz
Nighthawk Black -- Parchment, Camel, Quartz or Ebony
White Diamond Pearl -- Parchment or Ebony
Has anyone seen this Royal Blue?
Old 09-20-2005, 08:24 PM
1st Gear

Question Missing (?) 2006 TL Features that are included in Accord & Civic

• Daytime Running Lights - 2006 Accord
  • WMA/MP3 Playback Ability, MP#/Aux Input Jack, Speed-Sensitive Volume Control - 2006 Civic

Just wondering why Honda would put some of these things in the Civic and Accord and not the TSX or (most importantly) TL...?

I'll be buying an '06 TL this December (a graduation present for myself! ) and will be a little disappointed if they aren't included.

-z-
Old 09-21-2005, 01:01 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Batman-JGII
Has anyone seen this Royal Blue?
From another thread just in case you missed it.

2006 TL Color Combos:

http://img390.imageshack.us/my.php?image=tl06c6ra.jpg
Old 09-21-2005, 01:14 PM
Instructor

wood trims for ebony?

Does anyone know if there are gonnabe wood trims for the ebony color on the 06? anyone else consider that also?
Old 09-21-2005, 07:23 PM
Dragging knees in

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by z_westbrook
  • Daytime Running Lights - 2006 Accord
  • WMA/MP3 Playback Ability, MP#/Aux Input Jack, Speed-Sensitive Volume Control - 2006 Civic

Just wondering why Honda would put some of these things in the Civic and Accord and not the TSX or (most importantly) TL...?

I'll be buying an '06 TL this December (a graduation present for myself! ) and will be a little disappointed if they aren't included.

-z-
Probably because it would require redoing the radio which would cost a lot of money. The Civic is all new for 2006, so they could throw it in there.

DRL and SSV suck ass, anyway. I've had both in other cars before, and I didn't like them too much.
Old 09-21-2005, 10:01 PM
Instructor

I guess they don't have my color combo anymore -- Red/Ebony
Old 09-21-2005, 10:33 PM
Instructor

06 is on acura.com

Just went to check out acura site and it shows the 06's are officially here.
check it out! anyone seen anything new that we havent expected?

Quick Reply: 2006+ (ALL NEW THREADS DEALING WITH 06+ TL WILL BE MERGED HERE) OFFICIAL SPECS PG. 11