System Error: function not available

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2019, 11:33 AM
Racer

Received 166 Likes on 107 Posts
Originally Posted by Cazman

I agree completely. I had problems before the update but now I have new problems that are worse. Can’t see that anything was solved. It is maddening that they put the “Folders” icon on the second page with no way for us to move it.
I made a point to complain to the District Service Manager about this as most people place music in folders..
Old 01-16-2019, 11:39 AM
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Meto
I made a point to complain to the District Service Manager about this as most people place music in folders..
Good luck with that. The local District Service Manager in So Cal is an adversarial jerk. Owners are better talking to a wall.
Old 01-16-2019, 11:52 AM
Racer

Received 166 Likes on 107 Posts
Originally Posted by Havasubum
Good luck with that. The local District Service Manager in So Cal is an adversarial jerk. Owners are better talking to a wall.
Starting to really consider another vehicle... I am going to go look at the Q5 and take another look at the XC60.
The following users liked this post:
Havasubum (01-16-2019)
Old 01-16-2019, 12:37 PM
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
I dropped down from a 128GB to a 32GB drive and even after formatting this new drive and placing music on it, it works great in my laptop and in my Hyundai, but in the RDX it does the exact same thing. It plays a few songs and then returns to the first song on the drive and locks there and you cannot advance past it. I have been waiting to hear back from Acura on this issue after I demonstrated it to the District Service Manager just before Christmas. I guess I will follow-up and see what the status of this is.
i tried deleting the song it would “lock” on to and it just picked another. It always goes back to the same song and locks onto it after finishing where it left off when the car was turned off. You can return it to normal if you click music library==>songs==>pick another song. It will then advance as it should. I have not found any other way around this bug.
Old 01-16-2019, 02:34 PM
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Starting to really consider another vehicle... I am going to go look at the Q5 and take another look at the XC60.
Me too. I'm waiting to see the new 2020 models before trading mine. I want to see if the X3 gets the X5's digital dash. There's no sense of urgency to fix all the Rdx's issues.
Old 01-16-2019, 02:37 PM
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

i tried deleting the song it would “lock” on to and it just picked another. It always goes back to the same song and locks onto it after finishing where it left off when the car was turned off. You can return it to normal if you click music library==>songs==>pick another song. It will then advance as it should. I have not found any other way around this bug.
Unfortunately this problem isn't specific to USB. My FM radio is doing the same thing. It locks onto 2 random stations and when I try to change it using the thumb wheel or dash buttons it jumps back and forth between these 2 random channels. It won't cycle through MY presets. This only started happening AFTER the update.
Old 01-16-2019, 02:56 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 257 Likes on 177 Posts
..You can return it to normal if you click music library==>songs==>pick another song. It will then advance as it should. I have not found any other way around this bug.
I found you can also reinstate normal function with a voice command - "Play <song title>"

The following users liked this post:
Smilin_Jim (01-17-2019)
Old 02-04-2019, 06:48 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
System Error function not available .

[]this was happening to me then my whole system shut down. I ended up having my RDX Advance towed. The battery was replaced and they tell me that was defective. It’s still doing the system Error thing
r
Originally Posted by Havasubum
The latest things happening to my 2019 Advance deals with the left hand thumb wheel on the steering wheel. Every time I start the car, and after the radio (XM/Sirius) starts to play, I cannot change the radio's channel when pushing the thumb wheel left or right. Instead of showing the XM/Sirius radio channel on the HUD, I see: System Error: function not available. The only way to fix it is to turn the radio on and off using the steering wheel on/off button. Also, when using the same thumb wheel for cell phone calls, pushing the wheel to the left will disconnect the call but still shows the call is active on the right side screen. These are items I'm adding to the list of features that have poor functionality. I have FM radio freezing when starting the car (another thread) and have already disabled the "hands free" hatch feature because the hatch closes unexpectedly.

I just read a Consumer's Report article about Honda's 2017/2018 CRV 1.5L turbo engines that are failing due to excessive gasoline in the oil. Honda recalled their fleet in China, but have yet to do anything for American customers. Even though people have experienced engine stalls, Honda has insisted to NHTSA that it is NOT a safety issue, presumably so they wouldn't have to issue a recall in the US. I don't have a lot of faith that the infotainment problems with be fixed anytime soon. Rant is over, thanks for the opportunity to do so.
[/left]
Old 02-04-2019, 07:51 PM
Pro

Received 196 Likes on 124 Posts
Debbie I occassionally get the system error with the left thumb wheel and I figured out if you leave the thunb wheel alone for some time it will resume doing what its supposed to do. Its never taken more than 10 minutes or so for the system to catch up. My guess is the system is still spooling up and its causing the error. Kinda like the spinning indicator on a laptop when its busy while your clicking the trackpad to select something else. Hope this helps.

Ken
Old 02-05-2019, 03:34 PM
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I called acura 800 number to complain about that and a few other items. I had my info system go dark. Completely dark. I wanted one hour after I shut it off and it came back up.

Acura said they have no fix. Nada

They appologizec for any inconvenience.

So dissapointing.
John