System Error: function not available

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2018, 07:23 PM
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
System Error: function not available

The latest things happening to my 2019 Advance deals with the left hand thumb wheel on the steering wheel. Every time I start the car, and after the radio (XM/Sirius) starts to play, I cannot change the radio's channel when pushing the thumb wheel left or right. Instead of showing the XM/Sirius radio channel on the HUD, I see: System Error: function not available. The only way to fix it is to turn the radio on and off using the steering wheel on/off button. Also, when using the same thumb wheel for cell phone calls, pushing the wheel to the left will disconnect the call but still shows the call is active on the right side screen. These are items I'm adding to the list of features that have poor functionality. I have FM radio freezing when starting the car (another thread) and have already disabled the "hands free" hatch feature because the hatch closes unexpectedly.

I just read a Consumer's Report article about Honda's 2017/2018 CRV 1.5L turbo engines that are failing due to excessive gasoline in the oil. Honda recalled their fleet in China, but have yet to do anything for American customers. Even though people have experienced engine stalls, Honda has insisted to NHTSA that it is NOT a safety issue, presumably so they wouldn't have to issue a recall in the US. I don't have a lot of faith that the infotainment problems with be fixed anytime soon. Rant is over, thanks for the opportunity to do so.
The following users liked this post:
JRDNBYR007 (12-03-2018)
Old 10-19-2018, 08:36 PM
Racer

Received 123 Likes on 86 Posts
Originally Posted by Havasubum
The latest things happening to my 2019 Advance deals with the left hand thumb wheel on the steering wheel. Every time I start the car, and after the radio (XM/Sirius) starts to play, I cannot change the radio's channel when pushing the thumb wheel left or right. Instead of showing the XM/Sirius radio channel on the HUD, I see: System Error: function not available. The only way to fix it is to turn the radio on and off using the steering wheel on/off button. Also, when using the same thumb wheel for cell phone calls, pushing the wheel to the left will disconnect the call but still shows the call is active on the right side screen. These are items I'm adding to the list of features that have poor functionality. I have FM radio freezing when starting the car (another thread) and have already disabled the "hands free" hatch feature because the hatch closes unexpectedly.

I just read a Consumer's Report article about Honda's 2017/2018 CRV 1.5L turbo engines that are failing due to excessive gasoline in the oil. Honda recalled their fleet in China, but have yet to do anything for American customers. Even though people have experienced engine stalls, Honda has insisted to NHTSA that it is NOT a safety issue, presumably so they wouldn't have to issue a recall in the US. I don't have a lot of faith that the infotainment problems with be fixed anytime soon. Rant is over, thanks for the opportunity to do so.
System error is a common problem, and of course my dealer couldn't replicate it. I have it intermittently, and it can usually be fixed by selecting a channel using the touch pad. Then the thumb wheel will work the next time. It's strange though - I had it happen more often when I first got my RDX this summer. It happens very rarely lately.

On the CRV issue, that was enough to scare my father-in-law away. He was all set to buy a new CRV when I told him about the gas in oil issue, and he was a prime candidate - short drives at low speeds in cold weather. He wound up getting a RAV4 after owning 3 or 4 Hondas over the past 25-30 years.
Mark S Long Island (11-21-2018)
Old 10-19-2018, 11:18 PM
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 45 Posts
Originally Posted by DrWoo
System error is a common problem, and of course my dealer couldn't replicate it. I have it intermittently, and it can usually be fixed by selecting a channel using the touch pad. Then the thumb wheel will work the next time. It's strange though - I had it happen more often when I first got my RDX this summer. It happens very rarely lately.

On the CRV issue, that was enough to scare my father-in-law away. He was all set to buy a new CRV when I told him about the gas in oil issue, and he was a prime candidate - short drives at low speeds in cold weather. He wound up getting a RAV4 after owning 3 or 4 Hondas over the past 25-30 years.
I find that the controls on the steering wheel occasionally need longer to be able to operate after starting the vehicle than the touch pad or the controls on the dash for selecting forward or backward. It might have to do with the initialization order of the components of the infotainment system. I rarely have any problem with any of the infotainment controls after the car has been running for a couple of minutes.
Old 10-20-2018, 12:26 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by gtssenior
I find that the controls on the steering wheel occasionally need longer to be able to operate after starting the vehicle than the touch pad or the controls on the dash for selecting forward or backward. It might have to do with the initialization order of the components of the infotainment system. I rarely have any problem with any of the infotainment controls after the car has been running for a couple of minutes.
Thanks GTSSENIOR. My thumb wheel will never work once the System error shows unless I turn off the radio. We drove for 2 hours today and it never initialized just like the frozen FM radio issue.
JRDNBYR007 (12-03-2018)
Old 10-22-2018, 03:20 PM
Racer

Received 166 Likes on 107 Posts
I first reported this to Acura in June and still no fix
JRDNBYR007 (12-03-2018)
Old 10-22-2018, 06:15 PM
Instructor

Thanks Meto

I just dropped my car off at the dealer. Along with the System Error issue, I found that my hands free cell phone system doesn't work properly. After answering a call, I cannot clear the call with either the thumb wheel or the smaller touch panel. Sunday my system worked for a couple of hours meaning that the System Error message disappeared. Along with that the Real Time Traffic started working better. Today when I took the car to the dealer, I started the car twice and the System Error was gone. On the third start, it returned and never worked all the way to the dealer. As a side note, took me 45 minutes at the dealer to ensure that the service manager wrote the symptoms down properly. I'm trying not to let Acura off the hook. I (we) paid too much money for a car with so many unsolvable bugs. If they cannot fix mine perhaps they should buy it back.

I find it unacceptable that American Honda cannot find a fix for this problem. Perhaps they're up to their collective eyeballs with CRV oil pans full of gasoline.
JRDNBYR007 (12-03-2018)
Old 11-30-2018, 06:08 PM
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I have all the same problems. I had car in 4 weeks ago. They put in a new tuner.
Ivhave another appointment Monday. I’m not letting Acura off the hook.
Fix it or take it back.
Keep me posted.
I’m in Cary Noryh Carolina
john
JRDNBYR007 (12-03-2018)
Old 12-03-2018, 08:50 PM
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The only issue i've had so far (had it for about a month) is the infotainment system. I've had it lock up on me and stop functioning. The first time, all I had to do was pull over, put in park, turn off, open and close door, verify that the screen unit powered off, then power back on. The second time, when I turned off, opened and closed the door, the screen unit failed to power off in a quick fashion. I had to wait about 5 minutes before it finally turned off (This made me wonder if it would drain the car battery). Reported it to my Dealership in the L.A. area but nothing came of it.
Old 12-04-2018, 07:45 AM
Advanced

Dealer advice Acura has a fix in works but no date.
They sent me home with no fix.
Jeeezzz not happy.
Old 12-04-2018, 12:34 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Bartrdx
Dealer advice Acura has a fix in works but no date.
They sent me home with no fix.
Jeeezzz not happy.
Join the club... Have been bitching about it since I took delivery the first week of June.. We keep getting told a fix is coming, but I'm beginning to think we are stuck with this for the life of the car.
Old 12-04-2018, 01:06 PM
Instructor

If there is enough owner's perhaps a class action lawsuit is in order. The move worked for the faulty AC compressors and defective electric door lock solenoids on my 2008 CRV. I received a 100k mile warranty for the AC and was reimbursed for the cost of replacing the solenoids ($700). American Honda seems to only respond to lawsuits. At least file a NHTSA complaint.
Old 12-04-2018, 01:23 PM
Instructor

Received 82 Likes on 40 Posts
I get this error nearly once a day. Simple solution is to select my audio source on the infotainment. Steering wheel controls should then work. I shouldn't have to do that but at least it can be resolved while driving without turning the vehicle off/on.
Old 12-04-2018, 01:52 PM
SWF
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If there is enough owner's perhaps a class action lawsuit is in order. The move worked for the faulty AC compressors and defective electric door lock solenoids on my 2008 CRV. I received a 100k mile warranty for the AC and was reimbursed for the cost of replacing the solenoids ($700). American Honda seems to only respond to lawsuits. At least file a NHTSA complaint.
That’s the answer, more lawyers and lawsuits.

You knew this was a new generation vehicle, maybe you should have waited on feedback before buying it. That is unfortunately the risk you take.
Old 12-04-2018, 02:13 PM
Advanced

I told my dealer, fix it by January or you’ll be taking car back.
North Carolina has lemon laws.
Im so disappointed.
Im going to try and start car, wait until Nav and radio are spoiled up before I pull out.
Usually im backing up, pulling out and that’s when things start to crash
I’ll keep you posted.
Old 12-04-2018, 03:27 PM
Advanced

Ok campers. I called ACURA
800-382-2238
i gave details of all my problems. They said I should here from a case worker tomorrow. I’ll keep you posted.
if your not happy call the 800 number.
jihn
Old 12-04-2018, 05:47 PM
Pro

Received 196 Likes on 124 Posts
I've experienced this left thumb wheel issue also in the month I've owned my A-Spec. Now I just wait until the system boots up completly and that solves it for me. When I get impatient I just use the Touch Pad. I'll wait and see if they solve this with a software update. Other than this I love my RDX and I'm happy with my first Acura purchase.
Old 12-04-2018, 06:01 PM
Instructor

Ok campers. I called ACURA
800-382-2238
i gave details of all my problems. They said I should here from a case worker tomorrow. I’ll keep you posted.
if your not happy call the 800 number.
jihn
Good luck with your complaint. I filed one regarding my rear hatch no reversing. I just received lip service. I'm interested in the results of your complaint. I thought about lemon law in CA as well. However, Acura places owners over a barrel by saying that they know about the problem and a fix is coming in some unforeseeable future. In order to qualify for lemon law it takes at least 5 visits for the same problem or parked at the dealership for at least 30 days without fixing the problem. I told the dealer that if I do not see a fix after the holidays, I will bring the car back 4 more times and see an attorney. FYI, I have dealt with American Honda when I lemon lawed a 2014 CRV. The company representatives are VERY adversarial and certainly not interested in resolving the dispute in a reasonable fashion. If I could grow another leg, I would kick myself in the rear end for doing business with American Honda again.
Old 12-06-2018, 06:00 PM
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
A lawsuit over a tiny infotainment glitch? Seriously Clark? This country has jumped the shark about being overly litigious. Acura hasn’t pushed a single update yet. There are a number of glitches incuding the thumbwheel issue. Acura is clearly a Waterfall company, and not Agile based. An update will eventually correct the software based issue. It’s not like the vehicle roof is peeling off. Ever heard of the saying, “pick your battles”? I get it. It’s annoying. It should work when you pay a chunk of cash. Most of us have. All I’m suggesting is to have a little perspective and patience, especially with something that pretty much falls in the trivial category within the spectrum of concerns.
Old 12-06-2018, 06:33 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Audi2Acura

A lawsuit over a tiny infotainment glitch? Seriously Clark? This country has jumped the shark about being overly litigious. Acura hasn’t pushed a single update yet. There are a number of glitches incuding the thumbwheel issue. Acura is clearly a Waterfall company, and not Agile based. An update will eventually correct the software based issue. It’s not like the vehicle roof is peeling off. Ever heard of the saying, “pick your battles”? I get it. It’s annoying. It should work when you pay a chunk of cash. Most of us have. All I’m suggesting is to have a little perspective and patience, especially with something that pretty much falls in the trivial category within the spectrum of concerns.
Well Jimmy, you can go ahead and accept a product rushed to the market with below par QC and a below par Navi and infotainment system in comparison to other vehicles in the same price range. I don't believe that this update is going to solve all the issues. There are people on this forum who have been driving a defective car for over 6 months. Perhaps you should read the plethora of issues with the infotainment system. It isn't just minor "glitches" as you call it. Owners radios have failed to turn off and run their batteries dead, making the car undriveable. I can't use the hands free cell phone system without failing to disconnect, etc, etc. American Honda client relations could not provide me with an estimate of when a fix is available as late as Tuesday. They are inefficient and evidently don't care much for helping customers. Client Relations repeatedly provided me with wrong information (this forum has more accurate answers). Moreover, they refused to notify me of any fixes on the horizon. They informed me that it was my responsibility to continually call them for update information. Following your logic, suing Honda over mere door lock solenoids ($700 repair) that failed prematurely was petty and not worthy of holding a car company's feet to the fire, not to mention a/c compressors that grenade internally, spreading minute metal particles through the entire system ($3500 repair). Both instances required a class action lawsuit, since Honda refused to voluntarily help owners with repairs.

I've owned more than my share of cars. Honda has has been the worst company to deal with. Honda's quality has been eroding steadily for the past 10 years or so. They're in the process of shooting themselves in the foot.
Old 12-06-2018, 06:41 PM
Advanced

Well Jimmy, you can go ahead and accept a product rushed to the market with below par QC and a below par Navi and infotainment system in comparison to other vehicles in the same price range. I don't believe that this update is going to solve all the issues. There are people on this forum who have been driving a defective car for over 6 months. Perhaps you should read the plethora of issues with the infotainment system. It isn't just minor "glitches" as you call it. Owners radios have failed to turn off and run their batteries dead, making the car undriveable. I can't use the hands free cell phone system without failing to disconnect, etc, etc. American Honda client relations could not provide me with an estimate of when a fix is available as late as Tuesday. They are inefficient and evidently don't care much for helping customers. Client Relations repeatedly provided me with wrong information (this forum has more accurate answers). Moreover, they refused to notify me of any fixes on the horizon. They informed me that it was my responsibility to continually call them for update information. Following your logic, suing Honda over mere door lock solenoids ($700 repair) that failed prematurely was petty and not worthy of holding a car company's feet to the fire, not to mention a/c compressors that grenade internally, spreading minute metal particles through the entire system ($3500 repair). Both instances required a class action lawsuit, since Honda refused to voluntarily help owners with repairs.

I've owned more than my share of cars. Honda has has been the worst company to deal with. Honda's quality has been eroding steadily for the past 10 years or so. They're in the process of shooting themselves in the foot.
I’ve read everything on this forum and I’m aware of the issues and all the glitches specific to the infotainment system. My statement was limited in scope, and associated to the left wheel glitch, as well as other infotainment relates concerns. I still consider them correctable via software updates (which have yet to happen). If it’s a major personal safety concern (which these aren’t) then there are other mechanisms in place within the industry to have them addressed. My suggestion stands. Wait to see what happens with the first few updates, whenever they arrive.
Old 12-06-2018, 08:44 PM
Advanced

Sorry pal, people have had these issues since June.
i found two cars, advanced models that were new st my dealer that had the Sirus radio issue.
Acura is selling cars that are defective. They know it, but profits are more important.

Talk to me after update next week.
ill let you know how I really feel.
Old 12-06-2018, 09:08 PM
Advanced

Sorry pal, people have had these issues since June.
i found two cars, advanced models that were new st my dealer that had the Sirus radio issue.
Acura is selling cars that are defective. They know it, but profits are more important.

Talk to me after update next week.
ill let you know how I really feel.
Ok Pal. What are you apologizing for? What’s your point about the vehicles having issues since June? No kidding. There are a lot of concerns that have arisen, some legitimate, some not so much. That’s a non-sequitur. June, July, October. Does it matter? The software updates haven’t taken place as of yet. Waterfall (non Agile) based companies take time before making updates, especially if there numerous. If you have issues outside of infotainment issues that can be rectified, then have your dealer correct the issue(s). If it’s not possible, or they refuse, then you and others have legitimate complaints. Not sure I can say it any clearer that my comments are directed to infotainment issues only that are capable of software/firmware correction. I’m not commenting or addressing other concerns. Whether Acura, according to you, is selling “defective” vehicles is beyond the topic outlined in my prior statements which were/are aimed at infotainment software problems. If Acura can’t correct the infotainment issues or don’t, then you have a legitimate argument. Time will tell.

Last edited by Audi2Acura; 12-06-2018 at 09:14 PM.
Old 12-06-2018, 09:12 PM
Advanced

Agreed
did you get the email today from Acura about getting your WiFi ready for an update.
Well resume after update
Jihn
Old 12-06-2018, 09:18 PM
Advanced

Agreed
did you get the email today from Acura about getting your WiFi ready for an update.
Well resume after update
Jihn
Yep. We’ll see if they make any difference whatsoever. The only real issues with the car I’ve had so far are with the infotainment issues. Giving Acura a chance. I do have a little squeak in the brakes that’s annoying. I may bring it it. Seeing if it goes away though first.
Old 01-12-2019, 11:47 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've had my RDX for a few weeks, and I've had this issue since the first day as well. The only fixes I've found are to either just turn the audio off and then back on, or to let the car run for 20-30 seconds before putting it into gear. The error seems to only happen when I start the car and put it into gear without waiting for the infotainment system to fully load (which takes much longer than I think it should take for a GPS to load).
Old 01-13-2019, 11:37 AM
Advanced

Mine continues to have errors with XM. For now I just turn on and off.
I have new Iphone. Sometimes the car and the phone wrestle to see who's in charge. Sometimes I just unplugged the phone. I really like the heads up display and using the phone portion. Using the phone with the Iphone can be cumbersome.

Good luck.
John
Old 01-13-2019, 02:50 PM
Instructor

Update after installing 1.0.7 software. It did not solve the "System Error..." message or functionality issues with handsfree calling. However, the "update" introduced an added "feature". I can no longer use SIRI, either by physically using my phone or via the talk button on the steering wheel after a long press as described in the RDX video from Honda America. SIRI freezes and won't work. I either have to turn off the car and radio or unpair the phone. I have contacted Client Relations and have not heard back from them for over 2 weeks. Obviously they do not have a fix or they simply don't care about their customers (or both perhaps).
Old 01-14-2019, 10:23 AM
Racer

Update after installing 1.0.7 software. It did not solve the "System Error..." message or functionality issues with handsfree calling. However, the "update" introduced an added "feature". I can no longer use SIRI, either by physically using my phone or via the talk button on the steering wheel after a long press as described in the RDX video from Honda America. SIRI freezes and won't work. I either have to turn off the car and radio or unpair the phone. I have contacted Client Relations and have not heard back from them for over 2 weeks. Obviously they do not have a fix or they simply don't care about their customers (or both perhaps).
Same here.. This update has absolutely killed USB Audio as it no longer works for me and I continue getting the same errors as before. No matter how many times I call Acura, meet with the dealer and recently the District Service Manager, there is no movement on getting things resolved. I have now given notice to them that I may be filing Lemon Law soon.
Old 01-14-2019, 02:00 PM
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by Meto
Same here.. This update has absolutely killed USB Audio as it no longer works for me and I continue getting the same errors as before. No matter how many times I call Acura, meet with the dealer and recently the District Service Manager, there is no movement on getting things resolved. I have now given notice to them that I may be filing Lemon Law soon.
My latest infotainment "glitch" after the software update is related to playing my mp3 music files via the USB port. EVERYTIME I shut off the car and restart it there is a problem. Sometimes it won't "initialize", sometimes it says USB media files not supported, and most often after it initializes successfully it will start playing where it left off but then go to the same damn song and repeat it forever. When that happens I cannot tab to any other song using the steering wheel controls or the dash control. Turning the radio off and on doesn't help, resetting doesn't help, the only way to advance play is to go to the music library, select "songs" and pick one. Even if I pick the song that it is stuck on it then works as expected. To have to do all this while driving is a safety hazard. This infotainment system is a piece of "expletive".
Old 01-14-2019, 02:09 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 257 Likes on 177 Posts
Originally Posted by Cazman
...it will start playing where it left off but then go to the same damn song and repeat it forever. When that happens I cannot tab to any other song using the steering wheel controls or the dash control. Turning the radio off and on doesn't help, resetting doesn't help, the only way to advance play is to go to the music library, select "songs" and pick one. Even if I pick the song that it is stuck on it then works as expected....
In the last week or so I've noticed this same behavior. I've not seen it happen if playing a specific 'album', either randomly or sequentially.
Old 01-14-2019, 02:17 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Cazman
My latest infotainment "glitch" after the software update is related to playing my mp3 music files via the USB port. EVERYTIME I shut off the car and restart it there is a problem. Sometimes it won't "initialize", sometimes it says USB media files not supported, and most often after it initializes successfully it will start playing where it left off but then go to the same damn song and repeat it forever. When that happens I cannot tab to any other song using the steering wheel controls or the dash control. Turning the radio off and on doesn't help, resetting doesn't help, the only way to advance play is to go to the music library, select "songs" and pick one. Even if I pick the song that it is stuck on it then works as expected. To have to do all this while driving is a safety hazard. This infotainment system is a piece of "expletive".
This is EXACTLY what is happening to me.. I know it is not the drive as I use it my 2015 Hyundai Sonata and every PC I own and have no issues
Old 01-14-2019, 02:34 PM
Racer

Received 44 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by Meto
This is EXACTLY what is happening to me.. I know it is not the drive as I use it my 2015 Hyundai Sonata and every PC I own and have no issues
Same here. I now do what Mad Dog suggested and just disconnect the USB drive after turning off the engine, so that I start the engine without USB drive. When I want to listen to USB, I wait a couple of minutes after starting the engine, connect the USB drive and select the song/folder.
Old 01-15-2019, 01:19 PM
Advanced

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
USB Audio in a Post Update A World

Originally Posted by subin
Same here. I now do what Mad Dog suggested and just disconnect the USB drive after turning off the engine, so that I start the engine without USB drive. When I want to listen to USB, I wait a couple of minutes after starting the engine, connect the USB drive and select the song/folder.
MadDog seems to be a pretty smart puppy, alright.

I was having similar issues as those described above with my USB thumb drive after the update until I dropped from the 128 GB drive with all my flac files on it to a 32 GB drive I had created for test drives. Before the update, it seemed the 128 GB was fine as I don't recall any significant issues. Post update the drive would reinitialize, when it could, for 5 minutes or so every time the car was started after being off for an hour or so. When I dropped down to a 32 GB drive the problem cleared up and it acts the way I would expect it to. both are high quality drives, but the smaller unit is performing much better. I am guessing that it has to do with the index file that is generated for the songs on the drive. It seems to need frequent rebuilding if it is too large. The 128 GB drive has around 5200 titles vs around 400 on the 32 GB drive.
I also had the issue with it just constantly looping one song on the 128 and it has cleared as well.

Try using a drive with just a few hundred songs and see if you have similar results.
Old 01-15-2019, 02:17 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Smilin_Jim

I was having similar issues as those described above with my USB thumb drive after the update until I dropped from the 128 GB drive with all my flac files on it to a 32 GB drive I had created for test drives. Before the update, it seemed the 128 GB was fine as I don't recall any significant issues. Post update the drive would reinitialize, when it could, for 5 minutes or so every time the car was started after being off for an hour or so. When I dropped down to a 32 GB drive the problem cleared up and it acts the way I would expect it to. both are high quality drives, but the smaller unit is performing much better. I am guessing that it has to do with the index file that is generated for the songs on the drive. It seems to need frequent rebuilding if it is too large. The 128 GB drive has around 5200 titles vs around 400 on the 32 GB drive.
I also had the issue with it just constantly looping one song on the 128 and it has cleared as well.

Try using a drive with just a few hundred songs and see if you have similar results.
Definitely going to give this a try.. Hate to shrink my catalog as my tastes constantly change, but if it makes the system work, then I will do it
Old 01-15-2019, 05:15 PM
Drifting

Received 1,024 Likes on 714 Posts
I sincerely hope that Acura sorts this stuff out, and just does not fix stuff with hardware in 2020, and leaves the rest of us swinging in the wind.
Old 01-16-2019, 10:57 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Smilin_Jim

My usb thumb drives are 16G Sandisk USB3 capable. Pretty mainstream. Unfortunately for me starting with the drive unplugged and inserting it after the system reports “no media” did not make a difference. I think the problem is software related to how the system indexes. I’m going to call Acura CS and open a case. I don’t expect anything will get fixed but it will help my future lemon law claim.
Old 01-16-2019, 11:07 AM
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
The size of the drive isn't the issue. I use a 16gb drive that worked fine before 1.0.7 update. Now I have to disconnect and reconnect every time I start the car or it gets stuck on "initializing". Sounds like we need another update because it worked before. We tried my drive on another Rdx at the dealer without the update and it worked fine. Then we updated that Rdx to 1.0.7 and it immediately got the same errors.
Old 01-16-2019, 11:16 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Njbrandon
The size of the drive isn't the issue. I use a 16gb drive that worked fine before 1.0.7 update. Now I have to disconnect and reconnect every time I start the car or it gets stuck on "initializing". Sounds like we need another update because it worked before. We tried my drive on another Rdx at the dealer without the update and it worked fine. Then we updated that Rdx to 1.0.7 and it immediately got the same errors.
I agree completely. I had problems before the update but now I have new problems that are worse. Can’t see that anything was solved. It is maddening that they put the “Folders” icon on the second page with no way for us to move it.
Old 01-16-2019, 11:20 AM
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
I was having no issues with USB audio BEFORE the update but after its been frustrating to be sure. I use a 32Gig drive with about 650 song files on it in different formats. After the drive initializes it will play a couple of songs then get stuck and just repeat forever and no control will advance to a new song. So I started to remove the drive and reinsert it the next time I used the car and would advance it immediately to a different song where it would work correctly until it got to one of 2 songs and then it would lockup on whichever one of those 2 it got to first. I checked the drive with scan disk which found no errors. I looked at both offending song files (MP3's) and could not see anything unusual about them so I just deleted them and reinserted the drive in the car and for the last 5 days its played as it should. I have it set to randomly select files. Something in those 2 files was problematic for the system. I'm not techie enough to figure that out but it could have been a bad or unexpected character in the file header or somewhere else but for now the drive and ELS system are working just fine again.
Old 01-16-2019, 11:32 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by mrblase
I was having no issues with USB audio BEFORE the update but after its been frustrating to be sure. I use a 32Gig drive with about 650 song files on it in different formats. After the drive initializes it will play a couple of songs then get stuck and just repeat forever and no control will advance to a new song. So I started to remove the drive and reinsert it the next time I used the car and would advance it immediately to a different song where it would work correctly until it got to one of 2 songs and then it would lockup on whichever one of those 2 it got to first. I checked the drive with scan disk which found no errors. I looked at both offending song files (MP3's) and could not see anything unusual about them so I just deleted them and reinserted the drive in the car and for the last 5 days its played as it should. I have it set to randomly select files. Something in those 2 files was problematic for the system. I'm not techie enough to figure that out but it could have been a bad or unexpected character in the file header or somewhere else but for now the drive and ELS system are working just fine again.
I dropped down from a 128GB to a 32GB drive and even after formatting this new drive and placing music on it, it works great in my laptop and in my Hyundai, but in the RDX it does the exact same thing. It plays a few songs and then returns to the first song on the drive and locks there and you cannot advance past it. I have been waiting to hear back from Acura on this issue after I demonstrated it to the District Service Manager just before Christmas. I guess I will follow-up and see what the status of this is.

Quick Reply: System Error: function not available