Soon to be a new RDX owner (I think)

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2020, 10:09 PM
Cruisin'

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Soon to be a new RDX owner (I think)

Hi all,
First post and I'm not an RDX owner yet. Might be tomorrow. I've been working with a local dealer via email to purchase a new 2020 RDX with advance package. It'll be my wife's car. She loves the looks, we test drove one some time ago before the whole c virus thing broke out and she loved the way it drove. It's a sticker price of $48,900. They'll sell it to us for $44,017 and put on Acura mud flaps. I've got a beat up old 2008 RAV4 with 110,000 miles that they'll give us $3,500 for, which is very fair for the shape of that car. And that's on top of the nearly $5K discount off sticker price. So I think it's a pretty good deal. But of course before we pull the trigger I decided to come to this forum and do some reading. I shouldn't have done that. I seem to read about all kinds of issues with infotainment center and some creaking in the car and a few other issues. So now I'm wondering do I really spend my money on this thing?

But then I think back to Dec. last year I bought a brand new F-150 truck. And thank God I didn't go read the F-150 forum before I bought it because if I did I probably would never have bought it. Holy crap everyone with a new F-150, or even used within a few years, has an issue or issues. I did find one minor issue with my truck that many others complained about. A slight buzz feeling in the gas pedal that I need to talk to the dealer about. But from what everyone is saying the dealer will just say it's normal. But I digress...

So I'm going to go into this with the mindset that it's mostly people who have problems that will come to this forum, or others like it, and talk about the issues they've had or are having. All the hundreds of thousands of other customers without issues will rarely, if ever, visit a forum like this. I used to work as a tech support rep for a company that sold data collection equipment. I spent 8 hours a day taking calls from people bit*hing they had a problem with their product. I used to get so depressed thinking all we made was junk. And one day I was talking to my boss saying I don't think I can do this anymore. Seems like everything we make is junk. To which my boss, a wise old man at the time, said "You realize don't you we sell millions of these things per year. And we get probably 50K tech support calls per year thoughout the entire tech support team. The only people calling are the ones who have a problem and that's a tiny minority of the number of devices we actually sell." Made a lot of sense. I suspect that's the same thing going on in this and other forums. And just like my F-150 I imagine if I went to forums for other vehicles I'd find the same. I wanted an Audi Q5 or a Volvo XC60, but comparably equipped vehicles are out of our budget. I tried to work a deal for both of those, but ultimately for comparably equipped we were looking at about $7K more for new. My wife is a spoiled bit*h and wouldn't consider a one year old vehicle with low mileage . She wants new and really loves the style of the RDX.

And we won't be driving a ton of miles per year. My kids are grown and moved out. I've got a truck for hauling anything that needs to be hauled. Wife will drive about 14 miles per day back and forth to work and whatever we decide to do on the weekend.

So - I guess I'm coming here to get some kind of encouragement that buying a new RDX is not going to be the dumbest thing I've ever done. But then again I'm posting this in a forum where people typically come to talk about the problems they're having with their RDX. Ha!

Thanks for reading and your thoughts.
Old 04-06-2020, 11:17 PM
Drifting

Received 803 Likes on 528 Posts
Short and sweet, BUY IT!
I have 14 + months and 17,000+ miles. Yes, a few early teething pains, mine is an early 2019. I noticed a soft brake pedal on my many test drives, and it was mentioned on this forum... and in many reviews I read. Acura came up with a software update and fixed it. Some infotainment glitches...mostly all fixed with a very big Over The Air software update many months ago. Best car I have ever owned.

BUY IT!
The following users liked this post:
jbsfield (04-06-2020)
Old 04-06-2020, 11:18 PM
Racer

Received 470 Likes on 225 Posts
If you read many forums you will hear all sorts of horror stories about all that is wrong with car/truck "X". I had a few CR-V's and had I read the wild horror stories on forums I would not have bought them. As it was I did buy them and they were just fine cars that I loved. A year ago I bought my 2019 Advanced RDX. (Red of course). The car I bought and have enjoyed for the past year has been wonderful and I love it more now then when I first got it. I would buy this car again in a heart beat. I have had a year's ownership experience, it has taken me on trips across both sides of the country, through the mountains, Winter's cold and Summers heat, all without issue. They had a brake squeak issue at certain temperatures early on. My car had that...and it was rare and only occurred at certain temps and times. Acura redid the brake rotors and installed them when they became available and the car has been perfect every since. It was a very minor problem that only rarely occurred and then only before the brakes warmed up. Its gone, nadda, perfect, the brakes couldn't be smoother, quieter or stronger than they are now.
Some had issues with the entertainment system. I had a couple of extremely rare things, like they only happened once or twice in the first year. A simple reboot of the vehicle (turn it off, restart it) cleared them right up. Some went crazy at first because Android Auto didn't work at first. It seemed to be a software issue with AA working with the touch pad Acura used. That was fixed with an update months ago. Besides, I never used Android Auto and found it entertaining that people would have this wonderful car yet swear they would never buy another "piece of junk" because of something Android Auto or the car not using LED brake lights or something silly.
My RDX Advance has been a joy. Its warm in the Winter, cool in the Summer. It handles great, has lots of power. It has the best sound system I have ever had in a vehicle. My wife loves the many adjustments on her seat and how the information screen shows her what adjustment is being made. Oh, and those ventilated heated and cooled seats on the Advance...my wife never wants another car without those!
My CR-V got better fuel economy, that is true, but with all the RDX has to offer I could care less if I spend $200 more a year on fuel. In the bigger picture that small amount is nothing compared to the wonderful vehicle I have and love. BUT, we are all different and cars do have different personalities. For me I love my RDX. I have a great dealer near by and they take good care of us. I love the interior, the seats, the power and that lovely 10 speed transmission. This thing will get up and go and handle with the best of them. I looked at a lot of vehicles, and there are some great choices out there, but for me the RDX was the right car and I have zero regrets buying it.
jbsfield (04-06-2020)
Old 04-06-2020, 11:58 PM
2020 RDX, Advance, AWD

Received 147 Likes on 119 Posts
There are no guarantees, right? I think you understand that forums like this are very much a place where people often come to get answers to problems. It's the nature of these things. It's also important to remember that MY2019 RDXs were a first year, totally new vehicle. Brand new designs are nearly always the most troublesome in their first year, and it's likely the majority of 3G owners here have a 2019. I believe MY2020 cars have resolved many of the issues from year one.

The car certainly isn't without flaws, as is true for every other choice you have. The infotainment system is a mixed bag but not NEARLY as clunky in current form as the casual contact reviews would have you think. And that system is a big source of the negative feedback for this car. But some still don't like it, but again, no system will have universal praise. It does what I need it to do without much trouble.

I purchased my Advance just before the world stopped and only have about 700mi (US) on mine. There is an issue with the steering wheel being very slightly off center, but literally no one else shared this problem. I'm confident a careful alignment will resolve that. So, so far, the only negative for me has been poor gas mileage, and this IS shared by many here. This relatively heavy car has a small T4 that's on boost a lot. It's likely that you too will not be thrilled with fuel economy; something close to 18ish (city) is not uncommon. I can get into the low 20's if I drive like a hyper-miler, but that's not sustainable for me. Mid to high 20's for highway is common. As they say, YMMV.

There is some concern about oil dilution in cold climates, but again, this is not uncommon with most (all?) direct injection engines. (Honda did have a significant issue with the 1.5L engine in CR-V however)

I really like the style inside and out (except Advance wheels) and the features and tech for this price make this something of a unicorn. It's quiet when cruising but you will hear the engine when you push it. (Piped in sound augments this) This car skews toward sport vs. soft luxury. The audio system is excellent, especially with high quality sources. The transmission, while not always the smoothest, is mostly unobtrusive. There are many things to like about this car, and since you're here, you probably get that.

I'm only 700mi in, so take that into consideration. But I really like this car so far and would not hesitate to recommend it to someone who's done their homework and understands the pros and cons, something all choices will have. The RDX is no different.

Best wishes whatever you choose.

Last edited by DJA123; 04-07-2020 at 12:12 AM.
jbsfield (04-07-2020)
Old 04-07-2020, 09:36 AM
Racer

Received 66 Likes on 58 Posts
U go on any vehicle forum..motorcycle forum and you would think that vehicle is a lemon....Many people only join forums to 1) find price point and 2) to find a fix to a problem they are having. So you really can't put a lot into forum research....And then I know people who don't look after their vehicle, and then complain its a piece of junk! It is what it is.....Not saying peoples complaints are not valid...but I would bet, vast majority of owners of any brand are happy with their purchase.
jbsfield (04-07-2020)
Old 04-07-2020, 10:38 AM
Instructor

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts
I like mine 2020 Advance and if I had to do it over, I would buy the same thing. The combination of comfort, cargo, value, and driving dynamics are tough to beat.

Mine has not been perfect but it only took 1 trip to the dealer to get the creaky steering and front suspension noises fixed. Given I am stuck at home, I have only put another 200miles on since then but everything seems fine now.
jbsfield (04-07-2020)
Old 04-07-2020, 11:29 AM
Drifting

Received 1,024 Likes on 714 Posts
I had had infotainment issues in my very early build. In February, Acura suggested a full reset to factory spec reboot. Which I did, and have not had any infotainment problems since.

Do a thorough examination of the car you will get. Look for inappropriate gaps, make sure the hatch fits right and operates smoothly (mine does) and test drive that car critically.

I have owned this car since August 2018, and except for fairly poor gas mileage, I am totally pleased with how this car behaves on the road.

But it is not a walk in the park with learning and using the infotainment system, but you can get to where the entire package is enjoyable.
The following 2 users liked this post by Madd Dog:
acuraada (04-07-2020), jbsfield (04-07-2020)
Old 04-07-2020, 12:50 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 147 Likes on 112 Posts
The third generation RDX remains to be the value leader in this luxury segment. Best bang for your buck. If one was to do a spider chart on the features, it would probably look like an all arounder, not necessary a category leader except maybe for value/price...
jbsfield (04-07-2020)
Old 04-07-2020, 01:11 PM
Cruisin'

Thanks everyone. I've given the okay to the dealer just a few minutes ago on the new RDX. I got pricing for the Q5 and the Volvo XC60 and for comparably equipped vehicles they are just a lot more expensive. At least to me. I've watching a ton of video reviews and read this forum and a couple others and there's no reason for me to pay the extra $7K or $8K for one of the other cars. It's the Acura RDX Advance for us.

Appreciate the all the feedback and I'll be back once we get the new car.

Peace
Old 04-07-2020, 01:46 PM
2020 RDX, Advance, AWD

Originally Posted by jbsfield
...I got pricing for the Q5 and the Volvo XC60 and for comparably equipped vehicles they are just a lot more expensive. At least to me. I've watching a ton of video reviews and read this forum and a couple others and there's no reason for me to pay the extra $7K or $8K for one of the other cars. It's the Acura RDX Advance for us.
Yep, that's a familiar theme around here. I'm confident you'll be happy with your decision. Enjoy it.
jbsfield (04-07-2020)
Old 04-07-2020, 01:50 PM
Burning Brakes

As others have pointed out, make sure you take the time before taking delivery..... Read up on all the typical issues such as control/break noises, hesitation on accelerations, hatch moans, etc..... even taking it a for a short test drive.
jbsfield (04-07-2020)
Old 04-07-2020, 01:55 PM
Racer

1 thing many dont spend enough time doing before they hand over the $$$$$ on day of vehicle pick up.......Going over the vehicle SLOWLY in a well lit area......Really looking for issues.....1 wants to hit the road and start enjoying the vehicle. Your spending a lot of $$$$ and your expecting the car salesman has taken the time to look it over......ya right....If you look at list of trust worthy/untrusty professions.....car salesmen tend to be near the bottom,lol Yes not all are like that....but most just want to make the sale......Spend the time looking it over......
Old 04-07-2020, 01:57 PM
Cruisin'

Definitely good advice and since this dealer is over an hour away from me I'll be checking it thoroughly before we sign anything. Thanks for the input.
Old 04-07-2020, 02:14 PM
Racer

Definitely good advice and since this dealer is over an hour away from me I'll be checking it thoroughly before we sign anything. Thanks for the input.
id ask for free Wheel locks too,lol Enjoy the new vehicle.....
Old 04-07-2020, 03:17 PM
Drifting

Received 1,024 Likes on 714 Posts
They’re going to want you to sign papers before you see the car today. Tell them you want a once over.

Take a wingman with you when you go up against the finance guy. They are usually the best salesmen in the shop. Say no to everything you are being offered for the first time, since you can’t research it. Don’t let him talk monthly amounts for anything. That second set of eyes and ears is critical, and have him or her keep whispering ‘no’ to you.
The following 3 users liked this post by Madd Dog:
acuraada (04-07-2020), hand-filer (04-09-2020), TheLevelOne (04-07-2020)
Old 04-07-2020, 04:18 PM
Cruisin'

Yeah I live in N.Y. and all the negotiating has been done online because of c virus. I already made it clear I don't want any extras. No warranties, no seat protective BS they always try to sell. I want the car and that's it. Since our entire conversation was done online I wrote it right in the email "I am at the very top of my budget. I'm not interested in any extended warranties or any other services that you might typically offer for the vehicle. I can't afford it." And I also told him that since I can't see the vehicle till we go to pick it up I need 30 minutes to look it over and test drive it before the final signing. Right before the whole c virus thing broke out we had driven one and liked it a lot. Just never pulled the trigger because we were still looking at other cars and taking our time. We're in no hurry. But he's got the exact one we want on its way from another dealer. We'll get everything taken care of online and then it's really just a matter of going to pick up the car, looking it over and driving it and then doing one signature to finalize.

I bought a new truck in December and spent an hour telling them I was not interested in all their addons. Just give me the damn truck and let's be done with it.

I'll report back when all is said and done.
Old 04-07-2020, 06:58 PM
Cruisin'

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I picked my 2020 with the Advance package in late February. I am thrilled with it. Only problem I've noticed is a slightly squeeky rear driver side window when I roll it up or down. I'll have that taken care of at the first oil change. I have driven Ridgeline trucks for the past 14 years. I worried I'd miss my truck but I really don't. Love the tech, the safety features, its sporty and so much fun to drive. Couldn't be happier.
DJA123 (04-07-2020)
Old 04-07-2020, 07:25 PM
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
I purchased my RDX at the end of February and I am loving it! I did have some hesitations at first, but so glad I got it.

Have your salesperson go over the car, interior stuff/usage, with you & especially your wife (since she will be the primary driver).

It was a lot at one time, but I remembered more than I thought I would and it made it that much easier for me later....good luck & congrats!

Old 04-07-2020, 07:27 PM
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Beefy_Doc
I picked my 2020 with the Advance package in late February. I am thrilled with it. Only problem I've noticed is a slightly squeeky rear driver side window when I roll it up or down. I'll have that taken care of at the first oil change. I have driven Ridgeline trucks for the past 14 years. I worried I'd miss my truck but I really don't. Love the tech, the safety features, its sporty and so much fun to drive. Couldn't be happier.
I had that same squeeky sound in the same door's window. The service department said there was dirt in it & they cleaned it out. !?!?

Beefy_Doc (04-07-2020)
Old 04-08-2020, 01:16 AM
Racer

Received 470 Likes on 225 Posts
So when I went to pick up my RDX last year the salesman told me that he had "gone over it for me". I had to smile....really......I think I will look it over myself, thank you!
Old 04-08-2020, 05:39 AM
BGR
Instructor

Received 248 Likes on 95 Posts
Hi all,
First post and I'm not an RDX owner yet. Might be tomorrow. I've been working with a local dealer via email to purchase a new 2020 RDX with advance package. It'll be my wife's car. She loves the looks, we test drove one some time ago before the whole c virus thing broke out and she loved the way it drove. It's a sticker price of $48,900. They'll sell it to us for $44,017 and put on Acura mud flaps. I've got a beat up old 2008 RAV4 with 110,000 miles that they'll give us $3,500 for, which is very fair for the shape of that car. And that's on top of the nearly $5K discount off sticker price. So I think it's a pretty good deal. But of course before we pull the trigger I decided to come to this forum and do some reading. I shouldn't have done that. I seem to read about all kinds of issues with infotainment center and some creaking in the car and a few other issues. So now I'm wondering do I really spend my money on this thing?

But then I think back to Dec. last year I bought a brand new F-150 truck. And thank God I didn't go read the F-150 forum before I bought it because if I did I probably would never have bought it. Holy crap everyone with a new F-150, or even used within a few years, has an issue or issues. I did find one minor issue with my truck that many others complained about. A slight buzz feeling in the gas pedal that I need to talk to the dealer about. But from what everyone is saying the dealer will just say it's normal. But I digress...

So I'm going to go into this with the mindset that it's mostly people who have problems that will come to this forum, or others like it, and talk about the issues they've had or are having. All the hundreds of thousands of other customers without issues will rarely, if ever, visit a forum like this. I used to work as a tech support rep for a company that sold data collection equipment. I spent 8 hours a day taking calls from people bit*hing they had a problem with their product. I used to get so depressed thinking all we made was junk. And one day I was talking to my boss saying I don't think I can do this anymore. Seems like everything we make is junk. To which my boss, a wise old man at the time, said "You realize don't you we sell millions of these things per year. And we get probably 50K tech support calls per year thoughout the entire tech support team. The only people calling are the ones who have a problem and that's a tiny minority of the number of devices we actually sell." Made a lot of sense. I suspect that's the same thing going on in this and other forums. And just like my F-150 I imagine if I went to forums for other vehicles I'd find the same. I wanted an Audi Q5 or a Volvo XC60, but comparably equipped vehicles are out of our budget. I tried to work a deal for both of those, but ultimately for comparably equipped we were looking at about $7K more for new. My wife is a spoiled bit*h and wouldn't consider a one year old vehicle with low mileage . She wants new and really loves the style of the RDX.

And we won't be driving a ton of miles per year. My kids are grown and moved out. I've got a truck for hauling anything that needs to be hauled. Wife will drive about 14 miles per day back and forth to work and whatever we decide to do on the weekend.

So - I guess I'm coming here to get some kind of encouragement that buying a new RDX is not going to be the dumbest thing I've ever done. But then again I'm posting this in a forum where people typically come to talk about the problems they're having with their RDX. Ha!

Thanks for reading and your thoughts.
Unless your numbers are finalized I'd try to negotiate a little more. My dealers in NC are giving me than 4k off with one just under 6k before my loyalty rebate.

The 2021 should also be here in June technically if it weren't for this virus so don't overpay.
Old 04-08-2020, 07:32 AM
Cruisin'

I'm not going to be able to get anymore off, unfortunately. Believe me I tried. I don't think 4883 off sticker is bad for this car and he's putting Acura mudflaps on it. I know the mudflaps probably cost them around $100 but it's something. And I don't qualify for any loyalty rebates or any other specials they have going on. I had to go to a dealer over an hour away because the local dealer would not budge off $2K below sticker. I even sent the proposal from the dealer we're buying from to the local dealer saying "Look I want to deal with you guys but here's the offer I'm getting from the other place. If you want my business you gotta give me a slightly better deal." His response "That's a pretty good deal, you should take it." Haha! And Acura dealers aren't like Ford with one on every corner so my options for dealers within a reasonable distance are very limited.

But these dealers are all snakes. I worked the deal with this guy and he sent me over an official offer sheet. I noticed a documentation / processing fee of $494. I'm in N.Y. and the average doc fee is $75. So I got back to him and asked him why was the doc fee so high. He responded back and said "Oh yeah...you're right. It's $75. That $494 is for nitrogen filled tires and I forgot to remove it." Huh?? Okay, whatever. But the doc fee is now $75.
Old 04-08-2020, 08:07 AM
BGR
Instructor

Received 248 Likes on 95 Posts
I'm not going to be able to get anymore off, unfortunately. Believe me I tried. I don't think 4883 off sticker is bad for this car and he's putting Acura mudflaps on it. I know the mudflaps probably cost them around $100 but it's something. And I don't qualify for any loyalty rebates or any other specials they have going on. I had to go to a dealer over an hour away because the local dealer would not budge off $2K below sticker. I even sent the proposal from the dealer we're buying from to the local dealer saying "Look I want to deal with you guys but here's the offer I'm getting from the other place. If you want my business you gotta give me a slightly better deal." His response "That's a pretty good deal, you should take it." Haha! And Acura dealers aren't like Ford with one on every corner so my options for dealers within a reasonable distance are very limited.

But these dealers are all snakes. I worked the deal with this guy and he sent me over an official offer sheet. I noticed a documentation / processing fee of $494. I'm in N.Y. and the average doc fee is $75. So I got back to him and asked him why was the doc fee so high. He responded back and said "Oh yeah...you're right. It's $75. That $494 is for nitrogen filled tires and I forgot to remove it." Huh?? Okay, whatever. But the doc fee is now $75.

I see. I own a 2012 Acura so I get the loyalty and they quoted me 42.9K OTD for advance with mats, cargo tray and splash guards. The 3 accessories are a penny each. I'm strongly considering it.
Old 04-08-2020, 08:18 AM
Cruisin'

That's a good deal. I imagine N.C. (and most other states) are way more business friendly than N.Y. and they can cut better deals. N.Y. is just crazy with taxes and regulations for businesses and those fees ultimately end up with the consumer. Can't wait till I retire and get out of this state. But that's whole different topic
Old 04-08-2020, 08:32 AM
Burning Brakes

That's a good deal. I imagine N.C. (and most other states) are way more business friendly than N.Y. and they can cut better deals. N.Y. is just crazy with taxes and regulations for businesses and those fees ultimately end up with the consumer. Can't wait till I retire and get out of this state. But that's whole different topic
I live in NYC. Not sure how many dealers you have hit and what other options you have but I would sent that deal sheet to NJ/Connecticut dealerships. They have nothing to lose especially they weren't expecting to get your deals anyways. I found the most success with dealerships that's further away from me. The dealer knows the closer your are to them, the more negotiation advantage they have with you.
Old 04-08-2020, 09:28 AM
Cruisin'

I considered reaching out to dealers in those areas. Problem is I live about 20 miles west of Syracuse. Getting to those areas is quite a drive for me. I expect I could get a better deal by going that way, but it's really just a bit too far of a hike.
Old 04-08-2020, 10:11 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 389 Likes on 294 Posts
I considered reaching out to dealers in those areas. Problem is I live about 20 miles west of Syracuse. Getting to those areas is quite a drive for me. I expect I could get a better deal by going that way, but it's really just a bit too far of a hike.
When I was younger, money mattered more than convenience. I'd go out of my way to save even $100. As I age, convenience matters more than money. I'd rather save time and effort. I got only $1000 off MSRP when buying my RDX locally (and that was with a lot of haggling), and I had outstanding offers that were at least $700 better but were 70+ miles away. I probably would have been able to do even better with an increased radius, but in the end I just took the local offer. (This was in 2018 when the RDX had just been redesigned.)
The following 3 users liked this post by anoop:
fogdoctor (04-08-2020), GW208 (04-08-2020), jbsfield (04-08-2020)
Old 04-08-2020, 11:22 AM
2020 RDX, Advance, AWD

Originally Posted by anoop
When I was younger, money mattered more than convenience. I'd go out of my way to save even $100. As I age, convenience matters more than money. I'd rather save time and effort...
Yep. It's very often a conscious moment in my decision-making process now. The wisdom of older age people talk about, perhaps.
Old 04-11-2020, 04:59 PM
10th Gear

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
don't hesitate

I also did a lot of research and found mixed reviews. I ended up buying a '20 RDX Tech and these are my thoughts:

1) In the end, it's a matter of expectations. I test drove a BMW X3 and I liked it best. Beautiful product, from many points of view. However, due to the well known issues with the price, cost of ownership, long-term reliability, depreciation, the risk of my being perceived in a negative way etc I didn't think for a minute about actually buying it. I also test-drove a Honda CR-V. Another excellent vehicle, but I wanted a few more things in my next car.

2) The infotainment system. This is the number one point of criticism in the reviews I read. In my experience, it takes one or two days to get a bit used to it and then it's fine. The touchpad worked better with Apple CarPlay than with Android Auto.

3) The brake feel. Another weak point in many reviews. I got used to them in one day.

4) The gas mileage. Not great (20 mpg average over 1500 miles, 40% highway, 60% city), but if I cared a lot about that I'd have purchased a CR-V or a CR-V hybrid. Unlike for other vehicles from this class (BMW X3, Audi Q5 etc) you can use regular gas in this car so that helps.

5) Noise. This is something I care a lot about and I find this aspect a bit disappointing. There's some road noise on rough highway surfaces, at 70+ mph. Also, the fake engine noise you hear in the cabin is something I'd rather not have.

6) Interior fit and finish - pretty good, but not BMW or Audi level. Some cheap looking piano black plastic around the center console and the climate control buttons and display remind me of a late '80s Accord. Everything else looks great.

7) Seats, pano sunroof, legroom, passenger comfort etc - very nice.

8) Engine and ride - very good for the class, BMW X3 being the best, in my opinion.

9) Price to performance+features ratio: outstanding. I payed 10% more than for a top trim Honda CR-V and got something that's very very close to a comparably equipped BMW X3 or Audi Q5.

Best of luck!
JB in AZ (04-11-2020)