Thinking about getting a 2019 RDX

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2019, 09:01 AM
7th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Thinking about getting a 2019 RDX

I hope I'm in the right place to say "hello" and inform that wife and I reside in Dripping Springs, TX -- 20 miles west of Austin, TX.
Since introduction of the 2019 RDX, I've researched the vehicle via online sources, but have yet to visit a dealer and actually see the interior, much less drive the latest RDX.

Considering that I would appreciate the best-possible audio system and features on the Advance AWD model, I am likely targeting the most expensive, fully equipped model.
Given the approaching release of 2020 models, I may wait to see whether the additional (likely non-discount) cost of the next production is worth potential improvements.

One question: Has anyone here experienced the presumed benefits of purchasing an RDX through Costco's auto-buying program?

Finally, I would very much hope to hear from anyone who might care to share their advice, suggestions, comments, etc. to steer me in the direction for making a responsible and most-satisfying final decision.

THANK YOU for this maintaining this website and, in advance, for future communications and information received.
Old 03-31-2019, 09:59 AM
Administrator

Received 1,002 Likes on 572 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

Since this is a topic/technical issue which will require replies and discussion, this thread has been moved from the New Member Introductions forum to the model specific forum.
Old 03-31-2019, 10:14 AM
Racer

Received 66 Likes on 58 Posts
Originally Posted by rabarker
I hope I'm in the right place to say "hello" and inform that wife and I reside in Dripping Springs, TX -- 20 miles west of Austin, TX.
Since introduction of the 2019 RDX, I've researched the vehicle via online sources, but have yet to visit a dealer and actually see the interior, much less drive the latest RDX.

Considering that I would appreciate the best-possible audio system and features on the Advance AWD model, I am likely targeting the most expensive, fully equipped model.
Given the approaching release of 2020 models, I may wait to see whether the additional (likely non-discount) cost of the next production is worth potential improvements.

One question: Has anyone here experienced the presumed benefits of purchasing an RDX through Costco's auto-buying program?

Finally, I would very much hope to hear from anyone who might care to share their advice, suggestions, comments, etc. to steer me in the direction for making a responsible and most-satisfying final decision.

THANK YOU for this maintaining this website and, in advance, for future communications and information received.
here is a thread on prices paid: https://acurazine.com/forums/third-g...19-rdx-970333/ I think 1 gets a fair price going that route, but u can usually do a bit better......but check that link for those around you. Costco does sell a lot of cars, so many must like it....I think many just dont want to haggle....so costco is a good route to go for those types
Old 03-31-2019, 11:48 AM
7th Gear

Originally Posted by Ron A
Welcome to the forums.

Since this is a topic/technical issue which will require replies and discussion, this thread has been moved from the New Member Introductions forum to the model specific forum.
Thank you for the help and orientation!
Old 03-31-2019, 11:54 AM
7th Gear

Originally Posted by flames9
here is a thread on prices paid: https://acurazine.com/forums/third-g...19-rdx-970333/ I think 1 gets a fair price going that route, but u can usually do a bit better......but check that link for those around you. Costco does sell a lot of cars, so many must like it....I think many just dont want to haggle....so costco is a good route to go for those types
Thanks much for these thoughts and helpful information! BTW, I am currently still driving my Subaru Forester bought new in 2006.

How do you like your new Volvo?
Old 03-31-2019, 12:06 PM
Racer

Received 66 Likes on 58 Posts
Originally Posted by rabarker
Thanks much for these thoughts and helpful information! BTW, I am currently still driving my Subaru Forester bought new in 2006.

How do you like your new Volvo?
Wife loves her Forester....3 yrs old and only has 15000 miles on it. Love my Volvo as well....it replaced a 2016 outback. Soo many good choices in vehicles now a days.
Old 04-01-2019, 01:56 PM

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
I used the Costco buyer's program. They don't give you the best possible price, but you get a fair price and don't have to bother haggling at all.

I walked in, showed the Costco dealer price from a different dealer, asked if they could match it, and they did. IIRC, it was $3400 off MSRP.