Anyone compare RDX to GV70?

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2021, 02:07 PM
Instructor

Received 57 Likes on 42 Posts
For me, I own a 2016 RDX which has been a fantastic vehicle for my needs. At six years of ownership it the longest I've ever kept a car in my life and it has been the most trouble free. But I get the urge to upgrade and enjoy reading these threads. Maybe I should just roll the dice, pick an arbitrary vehicle and keep it for 3 years even if I hate it and should never have purchased it in the first place.
Old 06-27-2021, 07:40 PM
Racer

Received 79 Likes on 57 Posts
Originally Posted by JB in AZ
While I will agree that Hyundai/Kia have made huge strides, after the problems I had with a new '17 Tucson, and how they dealt with them... it will be some time before I venture into a Korean brand showroom again.
Just curious...what issues did you have with your Tucson? I had a 2012 Tucson that I bought used with about 15k on it. It had somewhere around 150k when I traded it in on the RDX. While it was definitely underpowered, the only thing I ever have go wrong with it was the radio went out, and they replaced it no questions asked.
Old 06-27-2021, 08:41 PM
Drifting

Received 803 Likes on 528 Posts
Originally Posted by Jfkmk
Just curious...what issues did you have with your Tucson? I had a 2012 Tucson that I bought used with about 15k on it. It had somewhere around 150k when I traded it in on the RDX. While it was definitely underpowered, the only thing I ever have go wrong with it was the radio went out, and they replaced it no questions asked.
See post #54 here:
https://acurazine.com/forums/third-g.../#post16732127
Old 06-27-2021, 08:49 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by JB in AZ
Thanks. Sounds like the dealer was a big part of the issue. The dealer I had was pretty decent. The dual clutch transmissions weren’t all they were cracked up to be, but I never had a problem.
Old 06-27-2021, 08:54 PM
Drifting

Received 803 Likes on 528 Posts
Thanks. Sounds like the dealer was a big part of the issue. The dealer I had was pretty decent. The dual clutch transmissions weren’t all they were cracked up to be, but I never had a problem.
Yes, part of the problem. They didn't design and build the dangerous DCT in these Tucsons, or the faulty AC or.....
Old 06-28-2021, 08:53 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 1,607 Likes on 967 Posts
Originally Posted by SebringSilver
26 replies when the obvious answer is "there is no comparison". GV70 completely blows the RDX away.
I am with you but there is a price difference, so we can't ignore that fact. In Canada, Genesis starts at $49K vs. $49K and the top 2.5L G70 goes up to $63K vs. RDX $57K. That said, the GV70 looks stunning, can't deny that.
Old 06-29-2021, 12:38 PM
2020 RDX White/Espresso

Received 202 Likes on 130 Posts
Just so we're talking apples to apples, the way I spec it, a base RDX with AWD is about the same as a Select GV70, so MSRP is USD $40,900 for RDX, $45,500 for the GV70. The GV70 wins on horsepower by +28 and a few other bells and whistles that probably won't be that different than what's included in the 2022 RDX. Consistently across the lineup there's about a $4k difference in price, until you include the bigger engine which adds another $10k to the GV70.

If Acura did offer a bigger engine, that would probably cost an extra $6k + required packages (following the TLX pricing). This is speculation of course because we don't know if there will be a Type S RDX but if it did exist, that would put it around $53k vs GV70 $62k. At $62k that's pretty close to the expected price of the MDX Type S,.

Old 06-29-2021, 01:29 PM
Intermediate

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Right now the GV70 is extremely hot, wait a few years and the prices and rates will cool down, in a good Hyundai/ Kia 's tradition.
The following users liked this post:
pilozm (09-08-2021)
Old 07-06-2021, 11:10 AM
Advanced

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by RickRDX
I think most of the complaints are related to the infotainment and the new techs. Just look at various forums and groups on Internet about the 3th RDX you will see it. It doesn't mean in long term an Acura is less reliable than a Kia for example.
Not to get to offensive on this... But that was my initial thought on this was that the quality rankings have come down for Acura mostly based upon their new infotainment system/software. I wonder if the majority of these complaints are simply boomer issues of not being able to adjust to new software vs. actual defects? My grandma plays freecell on her phone and if I give her an ipad and the same game it will take her weeks to adjust ;whereas, I can adjusted in 1-2 games. I'm going to assume a great deal of the infotainment complaints are due to this an not actual real defects.
The following 2 users liked this post by Rmsanger:
NBPDC505 (07-12-2021), pilozm (09-08-2021)
Old 07-06-2021, 11:55 AM
Instructor

Received 57 Likes on 42 Posts
Originally Posted by Rmsanger
Not to get to offensive on this... But that was my initial thought on this was that the quality rankings have come down for Acura mostly based upon their new infotainment system/software. I wonder if the majority of these complaints are simply boomer issues of not being able to adjust to new software vs. actual defects? My grandma plays freecell on her phone and if I give her an ipad and the same game it will take her weeks to adjust ;whereas, I can adjusted in 1-2 games. I'm going to assume a great deal of the infotainment complaints are due to this an not actual real defects.
I don't know, it seems like the touch pad interface is not particularly well liked across a lot of age groups and it certainly isn't the easiest to use. Lexus has abandoned using their touch pad exclusively and added a touch screen. BMW has also added a touch screen to their iDrive. Then there were the undeniable issues when True Touchpad was introduced which appeared like it was released in the early beta stages instead of a production ready product.
The following 2 users liked this post by Jim7707:
pilozm (09-08-2021), Rmsanger (07-12-2021)
Old 07-06-2021, 12:21 PM
Intermediate

The problems with the RDX infotainment are real. Go to RDX 3G group on FB you will see a lot of complaints, glitches, screen freezes, AA or Carplay drop off or connect when they want and so on. On the other hand my wife has a 2020 X3 and and I can tell you the X3 infotainment is far superior. Wireless Carplay, touchscreen all work much better. I got used with the infotainment in my RDX but cant say it is a good or user friendly system.
pilozm (09-17-2021)
Old 07-06-2021, 12:27 PM
Racer

Since I fall into the tail end of the boomer era, I’ll weigh in on this. As an aside, I embrace and welcome new technology.

I have a 2020 RDX with the Technology package as well as a 2018 F-150 XLT (not necessarily high-level trim). The infotainment on the truck is light years ahead of that in the RDX. There is not one thing that the infotainment on the RDX does better than on the truck.

Boot up: by the time I put my truck in gear, the infotainment has completely booted up and has paired with my phone. The RDX takes many times longer to boot and pair, often not completed until I’ve already started driving.

USB input: on the truck, I have multiple inputs for music stored on a USB or using CarPlay. On the RDX it is only one.

USB again: I have a miniature USB that I keep my own music on. Works perfectly in my truck, worked perfectly on my Hyundai. Works maybe 60% of the time on the RDX without having to unplug and replug in the USB.

Voice recognition: when I was working, I’d typically call my wife from my vehicle to let her know I was on my way home (never knew when I was going to leave). In the truck, I’d say “call Jill at home” and would get an immediate response asking for confirmation. In the RDX I get the spinning cheerio for a while before it would conform the command, but sometimes it would simply time out.

Storage of favorite stations: the truck has about triple the number of favorite stations available.

‘Nice feature on the truck: for XM, you can tag a song as it is playing. Once tagged (either by song or artist), the infotainment will alert you when that song (or artist) is playing on another station (even if the other station isn’t a favorite) and gives you the option to turn to that station or ignore the alert. This can be turned off temporarily or permanently.

Switching between CarPlay where the touchpad isn’t an absolute position to everything else where it is an absolute position is a pain. I don’t use CarPlay in the RDX (do in the truck) because it’s like scrolling with a mouse that had a bad mouse ball (remember them?) and is a pain.

So, maybe I don’t like the infotainment because ii fall in at the end of the boomer generation, but I’m going with Acura needing to improve their product so it’s at least as good as a 2-year older truck.
The following 4 users liked this post by Jfkmk:
hand-filer (07-10-2021), Ih8honda (07-09-2021), pilozm (09-17-2021), Rmsanger (07-07-2021)
Old 07-06-2021, 12:29 PM
Safety Car

Received 3,434 Likes on 1,882 Posts
I'm not a boomer and I very much dislike the True Touch system as well. It's a solution to a problem that nobody ever had. And even for people that prefer it...you have to admit that it's not ideal at all for CarPlay or Android Auto. At least with Mercedes you can still use the screen as a touchscreen if you don't want to use their trackpad, so all parties are happy.
pilozm (09-17-2021)
Old 07-06-2021, 02:57 PM
EFR
Burning Brakes

Received 254 Likes on 183 Posts
I think the problems with the infotainment system have been pretty well documented in this blog so probably kind of hard to defend it. As I have said before, I doubt anyone expects everything to be perfect, especially when this was a year one car (2019), but I would be hard pressed to think Acura has been on the ball about resolving issues. For example, I still have issues where the screen goes dark/light several times, and the 'drive mode unavailable' pops up. There have been others, trips to Acura, stuff replaced, and the issues live on but never when it gets to the dealer so most often it is something that just comes and goes. There have been other issues with 'electronics' and the safety systems. And it's really too bad, because overall I like the RDX, but this stuff has not been Acuras finest moment, nor has their effort in all cases to resolve it.
The True Touch system has been divisive at best. Personally, after purchasing it and getting use to it, I would favor a touch screen....but others feel the opposite. At the end of the day, I dislike it enough that I would not pursue another vehicle with it. We plan on getting another car to replace a Honda by year end, if this chip shortage issue is resolved, and Acura is not on the list. We tend to keep cars a long time (10+ years) so at 3 years, the RDX likely has a long way to go under our ownership. We bought an extended warranty (7 years total?) so most issues should be covered for quite a while.
Old 07-06-2021, 03:05 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by EFR
I think the problems with the infotainment system have been pretty well documented in this blog so probably kind of hard to defend it. As I have said before, I doubt anyone expects everything to be perfect, especially when this was a year one car (2019), but I would be hard pressed to think Acura has been on the ball about resolving issues. For example, I still have issues where the screen goes dark/light several times, and the 'drive mode unavailable' pops up. There have been others, trips to Acura, stuff replaced, and the issues live on but never when it gets to the dealer so most often it is something that just comes and goes. There have been other issues with 'electronics' and the safety systems. And it's really too bad, because overall I like the RDX, but this stuff has not been Acuras finest moment, nor has their effort in all cases to resolve it.
The True Touch system has been divisive at best. Personally, after purchasing it and getting use to it, I would favor a touch screen....but others feel the opposite. At the end of the day, I dislike it enough that I would not pursue another vehicle with it. We plan on getting another car to replace a Honda by year end, if this chip shortage issue is resolved, and Acura is not on the list. We tend to keep cars a long time (10+ years) so at 3 years, the RDX likely has a long way to go under our ownership. We bought an extended warranty (7 years total?) so most issues should be covered for quite a while.
I thought the screen problems and drive mode unavailability was covered by the extension of the MOST connections.

Like you, we typically hold onto our cars for a while. My wife’s Accord is a 2013 and she won’t give it up. If it wasn’t a coupe, I’d be driving a 2-seater right now. I love my F-150, but it is too big for some of the places we go (pain to get into parking garages and such). I’ll hang onto the RDX for a while I guess.
Old 07-06-2021, 03:32 PM
EFR
Burning Brakes

Hmmmm...I don't know. I was just in for my year 3 oil change and brake fluid replace...maybe I should have brought it up again. I did mention a couple other 'electronic' things that are pretty unsettling, but the dealers reaction was hmmm. I have had the head unit...or something replaced once already due to a nav system meltdown that occurred a year or two ago. This MOST thing came out after the last time we had it in. Maybe next time I'll bring it up. Our Accord is a 2003, but of course at this point it is an in-town car only....no trips. I have to say it's been pretty problem-free, and that V6 is really great. Hard to say what will replace it. I have given the Kia/Hyundai/Genisis family a lot of thought. Impressed with a lot I hear, but not sure I have their dependability dialed in enough yet. Plenty of choices though...just like when we chose the RDX.
Old 07-06-2021, 03:55 PM
Racer

When we bought the 2013 Accord it was to replace a 2003 v6 coupe. The only weak point on the 2003 was the transmission, which finally did it in.
Old 07-07-2021, 09:56 AM
EFR
Burning Brakes

Thanks, I will keep that in mind. Ours has been pretty, if not entirely, problem free but we tend to take very good and proactive care of our cars.
Old 07-09-2021, 07:37 AM
Pro

Received 191 Likes on 138 Posts
Originally Posted by EFR
Its also a bummer that when you talk to the customer facing service dept people even the manager they all become stupid when you mention Infotainment system issues that have plagued me since 2018 and now the driving in the rain Limp Mode issue that has to do with the Intercooler and there is even a TSB to replace it with a modified one. Even though I have had the limp mode twice in 9 months they will not [erform the TSB. Say they need tp be able to duplicate the problem. Needless to say, Im done with Acura. Too bad as I really love the RDX sans the issues but the Limp Mode pushed me over the edge. I don't love it enough however as LM is a huge safety issue. In heavy rain on the highway 70mph and LM happens. Not a good feeling. Wait until god forbid, someone has a serious accident. Its not going to be me.

Last edited by tecwerks; 07-09-2021 at 07:40 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by tecwerks:
das1996 (07-09-2021), JB in AZ (07-09-2021)
Old 07-09-2021, 07:48 AM
Racer

Tecwerks, I would seriously consider another dealer or contacting Acura customer service. They were unable to duplicate the issue on my RDX but performed the work under the tsb. I have to say, my dealer has been pretty decent.
JB in AZ (07-09-2021)
Old 07-09-2021, 11:29 AM
EFR
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by tecwerks
Its also a bummer that when you talk to the customer facing service dept people even the manager they all become stupid when you mention Infotainment system issues that have plagued me since 2018 and now the driving in the rain Limp Mode issue that has to do with the Intercooler and there is even a TSB to replace it with a modified one. Even though I have had the limp mode twice in 9 months they will not [erform the TSB. Say they need tp be able to duplicate the problem. Needless to say, Im done with Acura. Too bad as I really love the RDX sans the issues but the Limp Mode pushed me over the edge. I don't love it enough however as LM is a huge safety issue. In heavy rain on the highway 70mph and LM happens. Not a good feeling. Wait until god forbid, someone has a serious accident. Its not going to be me.
Not sure how hit and miss the limp mode issue is, I have never experienced it, but living in Nevada, rain is also something you pretty much don't experience. Sounds like it would would be a 'pucker' moment. The biggest safety issue we have had, three times now (over three years/8200 miles, is when exiting a freeway. Blinker is on, slowing down from +/- 65, exit starts and the car thinks that V shaper barrier that is now between the freeway end exit lane is an obstacle being aimed at, and activates pretty hard braking. I mentioned it to the dealer service person when I was in for brake fluid change and oil a few days ago and he finished the sentence as I was describing it. I would thus assume that it it not the first time he has heard this, but not having noticed anyone on this blog mentioning it, would guess it is pretty uncommon. But...there is not much like an unexpected hard-ish braking at 65 MPH. Anyone following close enough was at risk of rear ending us. But...back to the GV70!
Old 07-09-2021, 11:51 AM
Pro

Received 191 Likes on 138 Posts
Tecwerks, I would seriously consider another dealer or contacting Acura customer service. They were unable to duplicate the issue on my RDX but performed the work under the tsb. I have to say, my dealer has been pretty decent.
In rain I can duplicate it now at will. Contact Acura CS? I’m LOL. They are dumber than rocks and annoying. Of course they could not duplicate the issue. The operative word and clue is spirited driving in the rain like in the commercials.
Old 07-09-2021, 09:42 PM
Racer

Received 470 Likes on 225 Posts
I have driven through a lot of rain in my '19 Advance but never had a problem doing so. Perhaps there are a certain set of circumstances, temperatures, rain amount, air flow through the inner cooler, or such that triggers this and I have never hit those exact parameters. I have seen such things happen during my working career and it really makes it had to resolve some issues. Whatever the case I can not comment on this rain/limp in mode as I just have not experienced it on my vehicle in the two + years I have driven it. Call me Mr. Lucky I guess.
Old 07-09-2021, 10:42 PM
Intermediate

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by tecwerks
Yeah, I experienced limp mode with my rdx as well. I was on the highway and rapidly decelerated and was not able to accelerate. It was a nightmare trying to exit the highway (I was in the left most lane, had several close calls while trying to exit). Pretty disappointed, I’ve always wanted an Acura and thought highly of the brand but this totally changed my perspective (along with squeaky brakes that had to be replaced twice, buggy infotainment system, knocking noise from roof while driving on the slightest incline). Will likely not be getting another Acura, as we do not trust the brand anymore.

Anyway, this thread caught my attention because I am currently eyeing the GV70 vs GV80. The GV70 is absolutely stunning, inside and out. Much more luxurious than the RDX, and better engine options. The build quality seems solid. The Koreans are seriously killing it these days. However, I would be careful about buying a first generation car. The lack of Genesis dealerships is also an issue in the Genesis community (you’d have to deal with Hyundai). Oh, and one thing I don’t like about these vehicles is the lack of bottle storage capacity in their door storage area. Found that a bit strange.

Last edited by Acurafangrl; 07-09-2021 at 10:47 PM.
Old 07-12-2021, 12:48 PM
Advanced

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by Jim7707
I don't know, it seems like the touch pad interface is not particularly well liked across a lot of age groups and it certainly isn't the easiest to use. Lexus has abandoned using their touch pad exclusively and added a touch screen. BMW has also added a touch screen to their iDrive. Then there were the undeniable issues when True Touchpad was introduced which appeared like it was released in the early beta stages instead of a production ready product.
thanks for the response... I had a loaner MDX for 2 days and the new touch-pad took me all of 5 min to adjust. I can't comment on BMW as I've never driven the X5 and can't comment on what it's like to live with. My primary concern is that based upon price point the RDX will tend to follow a distribution of older aged folks and based upon that new technology adoption can become problematic for them. So for me it's hard to separate out on those "reliability ratings" when someone reports a software issue is it a real error or an 1D10T error (what we used to call it when I worked for gateway computer store).
Old 07-12-2021, 08:50 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 230 Likes on 162 Posts
Originally Posted by Acurafangrl
Yeah, I experienced limp mode with my rdx as well. I was on the highway and rapidly decelerated and was not able to accelerate. It was a nightmare trying to exit the highway (I was in the left most lane, had several close calls while trying to exit). Pretty disappointed, I’ve always wanted an Acura and thought highly of the brand but this totally changed my perspective (along with squeaky brakes that had to be replaced twice, buggy infotainment system, knocking noise from roof while driving on the slightest incline). Will likely not be getting another Acura, as we do not trust the brand anymore.

Anyway, this thread caught my attention because I am currently eyeing the GV70 vs GV80. The GV70 is absolutely stunning, inside and out. Much more luxurious than the RDX, and better engine options. The build quality seems solid. The Koreans are seriously killing it these days. However, I would be careful about buying a first generation car. The lack of Genesis dealerships is also an issue in the Genesis community (you’d have to deal with Hyundai). Oh, and one thing I don’t like about these vehicles is the lack of bottle storage capacity in their door storage area. Found that a bit strange.
The GV70 piqued my interest as well but I was in need of a new vehicle and couldn't wait for its release. Over the years we've had 6 KIA/Hyundai products in my immediate family (2010 to present). All were good reliable vehicles. Mine was a 2016 Sorento which replaced a 2013 RDX. my Acura experience was not good. It was a Beta product experience all the way with poor after sales support from both the dealership and the corporate level.
Cue the requisite defense of Honda products response from.....
The following 2 users liked this post by hand-filer:
Ih8honda (07-14-2021), pilozm (09-17-2021)
Old 07-18-2021, 05:47 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 314 Likes on 200 Posts
Out of curiosity, I happened to take a test drive today of a GV70 2.5T Prestige (top Canadian trim) and was really, really impressed. It absolutely competes head to head with the Germans which isn't something I can say strongly about the RDX. The way it rolled down the road was so much smoother than the RDX - much quieter, more supple, nicer weighting in the controls. Fit and finish along with material quality was top notch - definitely comparable to Audi and Mercedes (better actually). The rear seat is on the small side (like a Q5's) and the trunk, IMO, is unacceptably small (like a Macan) while Canadian pricing is a bit higher than the RDX ($7k top trim to top trim) so while I think it's overall a much better car than the RDX I couldn't see myself switching.

If the pricing were just a bit closer (say only a $3-4k diff) and the trunk was more usable I'd have a hard time telling anyone to pick the RDX over the GV70 - the difference is just really dramatic. If the small trunk isn't an issue for you then it's a no contest. Acura's got some serious work in front of it.

Last edited by supafamous; 07-18-2021 at 05:50 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by supafamous:
pilozm (09-17-2021), RickRDX (07-19-2021), sonyfever (07-18-2021)
Old 07-18-2021, 06:20 PM
2020 RDX White/Espresso

Received 202 Likes on 130 Posts
Interesting. Did you test it with the bigger engine?
Old 07-18-2021, 07:14 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Waetherman
Interesting. Did you test it with the bigger engine?
Nah, they brought the car to my house for the test drive and I specified the 2.5T as I don't need the V6. The 2.5T was sufficient and unobtrusive - no fake piped in engine noise to make it sound sporty but also nothing special, just a regular turbo 4.

As an additional point of reference, I happened to spend the day in a 2021 Porsche 911S on Monday and while the Porsche's materials and fit/finish were much nicer I'd say the GV70 was closer to the Porsche than the RDX (at least in the overall details).
The following 3 users liked this post by supafamous:
Ih8honda (07-18-2021), pilozm (09-17-2021), RickRDX (07-19-2021)
Old 08-04-2021, 08:50 AM
Burning Brakes

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...is-gv70-drive/
https://www.roadandtrack.com/reviews...s-gv70-review/
https://www.motortrend.com/reviews/2...-drive-review/

The reviews are coming out for the GV70 and, no surprise, everyone is really impressed. The detailed reviews match what I experienced in my 30 min test drive. The reviews don't even bother mentioning the RDX (or the Japanese competition), this thing is clearly playing with the big boys (Volvo only gets a light mention).

I know the official trunk measurement is 29 cubic feet but there is zero chance that's usable. It visually looked to be about 2/3rds the size of the RDX trunk which measures 30 cubes.
The following 2 users liked this post by supafamous:
Jim7707 (08-04-2021), pilozm (09-17-2021)
Old 08-04-2021, 09:19 AM
Burning Brakes

Should also add: The GV70 comes with Michelin Primacy Tour A/S tires which are highly rated on Tire Rack versus the hot garbage 20 year old Goodyear Eagle RS-As that the A-Spec comes with. Genesis didn't cut corners on any aspect of the GV70.
Old 08-04-2021, 10:16 AM
Advanced

Received 39 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by supafamous
I know the official trunk measurement is 29 cubic feet but there is zero chance that's usable. It visually looked to be about 2/3rds the size of the RDX trunk which measures 30 cubes.
What do you mean by zero chance it's usable? Based on TheStraightPipes review, it's 1 container box less than the RDX. Which isn't entirely too bad. Just for a random reference, CRV can hold 14 boxes. Not sure how JUST the trunk itself without the 2nd row space fits though.
Old 08-04-2021, 10:48 AM
Safety Car

Received 3,434 Likes on 1,882 Posts
Originally Posted by Too2ilent
What do you mean by zero chance it's usable? Based on TheStraightPipes review, it's 1 container box less than the RDX. Which isn't entirely too bad. Just for a random reference, CRV can hold 14 boxes. Not sure how JUST the trunk itself without the 2nd row space fits though.
I think the second row up usability is what might be lacking. The sloping tailgate impedes the ability to carry tall bulky items regardless of the cargo volume.

I think we’ll have a better sense once Autoblog does their luggage test. TSP’s box test isn’t the best at representing normal cargo space because they fold all the seats down for maximum space. I wish they would give us both the numbers with the rear seats up and down but alas they don’t.

Last edited by fiatlux; 08-04-2021 at 10:53 AM.
Old 08-04-2021, 11:27 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Too2ilent
Sorry, it should have read "zero chance it's as usable as the RDX". Seats up there's no way it comes close to the RDX - the load floor is higher, there's no underfloor storage, the roof is lower and has a faster slope. Its actual usable capacity is closer to the Macan and not equal to the RDX (the RDX is likely underrated - it's rated at 7 cubic feet less than the CR-V but Autoblog showed that it holds as much as the as the CR-V)
Old 08-04-2021, 12:41 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 403 Likes on 305 Posts
I may be in minority, but I prefer the styling of the RDX. Actually, the only SUVs in this class where I like the styling better than the RDX are the XC60 and the Macan.
Old 08-04-2021, 12:45 PM
8th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I am a fan of the gv70 but 1 negative is that it has a big hump in the middle of second row floor which pretty much make its 2nd row middle seat unusable.
Old 08-04-2021, 01:27 PM
Intermediate

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by anoop
I may be in minority, but I prefer the styling of the RDX. Actually, the only SUVs in this class where I like the styling better than the RDX are the XC60 and the Macan.
I tend to agree. I came across a G70 in the grocery parking lot the other day and the front and rear plastic struck me as cheap looking and the wheels would certainly take some getting used to.
Old 08-04-2021, 03:14 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by anoop
I prefer the RDX's styling as well though the GV70 has more street presence IMO. The one spot I don't like is behind the rear doors - that C and D pillar area seems awkward to me.

Originally Posted by spowell71
I am a fan of the gv70 but 1 negative is that it has a big hump in the middle of second row floor which pretty much make its 2nd row middle seat unusable.
Yup, the rear seat is definitely on the tight side and the big hump doesn't help - anyone who cares about space in this class would go for the RDX first but if space isn't a top priority (it is to me) then the GV70 is really compelling - compared to a X3, GLC or Q5 it holds its own just fine. I really love how there's no hump in the RDX, easy place to store stuff (I have my car seat in the middle position).
The following 2 users liked this post by supafamous:
pilozm (09-17-2021), RickRDX (08-05-2021)
Old 08-05-2021, 04:33 PM
Intermediate

I have checked the GV70 3.5T closely and I can say it is gorgeous. It is on the tight side compared to the RDX but for me it's just fine as I am mostly by myself in my car. My A-spec and my wife's X3 are all nice cars but the GV70 is just WOW.
Old 08-05-2021, 05:48 PM
Intermediate

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts
The more videos I watch, the more I think that I wish Acura did at least some of the things that Genesis has done with their interior design. I think I am going to visit my closest Genesis dealership next week to get a hands on review of the GV70. Looks like the GV70 with the select/advance package and 2.5l engine is just over 50k which is right at my upper limit.

Quick Reply: Anyone compare RDX to GV70?