2012 Bellanova White P. Tsx Tech Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2012, 06:12 PM
Pro

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by tobwac
Im on springs now but bought coils and waiting to get them cant wait
What springs are you on? If you switch them out soon and are willing to sell i may be willing to pick them up

Originally Posted by uhohkaitlina
Hey there. Just got the same car myself, but an 09 certified used.

Can you post a picture of your tint with the 35%? I had 20% on my accord but I don't think I want to go that dark. For some reason, these type of cars look better without tint sometimes I think. But, I don't know how to live without tint, lol.

Also, since the car is like three years old, do you guys think it's OK to debadge? I debaged my accord right away, but since the letters have been on there for quite a while I'm afraid to take them off and then see an outline in the paint. Thoughts?

Lastly -- where did you get the LEDs?

Oh, and don't do springs. You'll regret it. Biggest mistake I made with my accord. You'll get springs, spend maybe $400 with an install, and then down the line you'll have to replace the shocks, which will cost you another $400-$500 with labor. So, you pay now or pay later. I would just do coils. I'm trying not to drop the car and put rims, even though it's so tempting. Trying to keep the car stock for as long as possible. Until the bug really bites me, lol.
I will take pics tomorrow of them 35% tomorrow in the light, I love the classy look it gives, can still see inside during the day, and at night you can see inside to a certain point. Enough that the police havent bothered me.
My Rear window is 20% its really dark, Im considering retinting to 35%. But since i want the black roof it looks better with a darker window, So i may keep the $20 on the rear to flow with the black roof.

As far as debadging, id do it with some compound, polish etc to get rid o any paint discoloration. My Manager just got an 09 last week and his was okay. so you should be fine

I got my LEDS from this seller on EBAY http://myworld.ebay.com/warden_jp2002
Dome, Map, Trunk, Doors, Vanity, and license plate for $50 bucks.

Originally Posted by 24boosted
That would depend on the type of springs/manufacturer, mileage, and condition of your car. If you get springs that match the stock valving then it will last a long time. Possibly close to as long as if you were on stock springs. If your car is new or low in mileage/great condition then springs will be just fine. Get cheap springs that have no R&D and the shocks will blow as you drive down the street.

There are lots of members on springs with over 2 years of use, no issues.
My car is a 2012 Lease with 1300 miles, Brand New, And after 36 months it may be going bck for good, havent decided on the lease buyout, i may want the V6

Would Tein S techs give me the longevity out of my stock shocks?

I might decide on springs for good blc of the lease, and i dont want to fit an aggressive offset and have to run camber kits and roll fenders. Id be extra excited with Stechs, Aspec wheels and spavers to sit flush. simple, clean, and daily driven
Old 01-16-2012, 06:17 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 222 Likes on 205 Posts
Originally Posted by MoaarLow
What springs are you on? If you switch them out soon and are willing to sell i may be willing to pick them up
im on eibach pro kit
Old 01-16-2012, 06:33 PM
Safety Car

Received 682 Likes on 475 Posts
Also lost in my thoughts on 4500k HIDS from DDM
Or Sylvania Bulbs. IS the mounting of a Ballast worth it ?

And i need to go MoaarLow like now. 1.5 months is the longest time ive everrrr driven a tonka truck vehicle, she needs to be dropped asap!!!! Might do the spring route until i have the funds for coils and camber kits.

Anyone on springs or recently switched to coils?
GET THE DAMN HID FOGS. i'll eb back the last weekend in jan or first weekend in feb. take that saturday off, and we'll install your fogs, your other lights, whatever. we can even plasti your grill if you'd like. its so simple to do, im becoming a pro at it.

Hey there. Just got the same car myself, but an 09 certified used.

Can you post a picture of your tint with the 35%? I had 20% on my accord but I don't think I want to go that dark. For some reason, these type of cars look better without tint sometimes I think. But, I don't know how to live without tint, lol.

Also, since the car is like three years old, do you guys think it's OK to debadge? I debaged my accord right away, but since the letters have been on there for quite a while I'm afraid to take them off and then see an outline in the paint. Thoughts?

Lastly -- where did you get the LEDs?

Oh, and don't do springs. You'll regret it. Biggest mistake I made with my accord. You'll get springs, spend maybe $400 with an install, and then down the line you'll have to replace the shocks, which will cost you another $400-$500 with labor. So, you pay now or pay later. I would just do coils. I'm trying not to drop the car and put rims, even though it's so tempting. Trying to keep the car stock for as long as possible. Until the bug really bites me, lol.
a majority of us got our LEDs from ebay. theres a seller named wardenjp_2002 or something like that, ruben correct me if im wrong on the username. theres a thread on here on changing the LED's, and also sylvania has a guide as to what type all the bulbs are. Debadging shouldn't be much more difficult, despite how old the car is, unless the emblems rusted on haha. if you'd like, join me and moaarlow when he comes to work on his car with me. im about 20-30 min from edison(i'm right by the George Washington Bridge). shoot me a PM if ya want.

PS: theres a weekly meet in menlo park mall, if you show up, you'd help break our TSX record, and everyone would be shocked that theres a girl there hahaha. i was the last to break the record, and we are up to 3 TSX's now. me, tobwac, and slickooz. and moaarlow has to stop being a lazy ass and join us one of these weeks. if we get the both of you, we'd get 5! the TL's record is 9 i believe hahaha
Old 01-16-2012, 06:45 PM
ROTAREDOM

Received 1,488 Likes on 1,058 Posts
Hey Pyro, since you have been experimenting with plastidip quite a bit, how exactly would you plastidip a portion of the bumper without getting the plastidip to stick to the part you taped off??
Old 01-16-2012, 06:52 PM
Safety Car

what do you mean plastidip your bumper? shoot me a PM so we dont thread jack his thread. this is the easiest way to do the grill, just pop off the entire bumper, and stick index cards between the grill and bumper

Old 01-16-2012, 07:18 PM
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 53 Posts
Originally Posted by PyroDave
GET THE DAMN HID FOGS. i'll eb back the last weekend in jan or first weekend in feb. take that saturday off, and we'll install your fogs, your other lights, whatever. we can even plasti your grill if you'd like. its so simple to do, im becoming a pro at it.

a majority of us got our LEDs from ebay. theres a seller named wardenjp_2002 or something like that, ruben correct me if im wrong on the username. theres a thread on here on changing the LED's, and also sylvania has a guide as to what type all the bulbs are. Debadging shouldn't be much more difficult, despite how old the car is, unless the emblems rusted on haha. if you'd like, join me and moaarlow when he comes to work on his car with me. im about 20-30 min from edison(i'm right by the George Washington Bridge). shoot me a PM if ya want.

PS: theres a weekly meet in menlo park mall, if you show up, you'd help break our TSX record, and everyone would be shocked that theres a girl there hahaha. i was the last to break the record, and we are up to 3 TSX's now. me, tobwac, and slickooz. and moaarlow has to stop being a lazy ass and join us one of these weeks. if we get the both of you, we'd get 5! the TL's record is 9 i believe hahaha
When is it? I'll go. I HATE cold though so I don't guarantee staying long. I'll bring my nice stock TSX. LOL
Old 01-16-2012, 07:27 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 222 Likes on 205 Posts
When is it? I'll go. I HATE cold though so I don't guarantee staying long. I'll bring my nice stock TSX. LOL
here is a link
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...798484&page=26

next one is tomorrow at 8
Old 01-16-2012, 07:36 PM
Safety Car

^^^ +1
Old 01-17-2012, 10:45 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by tobwac
im on eibach pro kit
PMd

Id be down to met up! Nect time Dave is home well be doing my HID fogs, and rear A emblem. Join us

Originally Posted by ssjoeboe9
Hey Pyro, since you have been experimenting with plastidip quite a bit, how exactly would you plastidip a portion of the bumper without getting the plastidip to stick to the part you taped off??
discuss in a PM
what do you mean plastidip your bumper? shoot me a PM so we dont thread jack his thread. this is the easiest way to do the grill, just pop off the entire bumper, and stick index cards between the grill and bumper

+1

^^^ +1
^^^ +2
Old 01-17-2012, 10:46 AM
Pro

Hey hey hey! Whats wrong with a Stock TSX
Lol mine is Stockish as well, Stock FTW

She'll be dropped and have a few more mods before the spring
Old 01-17-2012, 11:01 AM
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 53 Posts
I dont even think I want to drop it.

I want that smooth ride...part of the reason I bought the car.
Old 01-17-2012, 01:48 PM
9th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
you can do so aesthetic mods like the op and still maintain ur "smooth ride".
Old 01-17-2012, 05:40 PM
Safety Car

PMd

Id be down to met up! Nect time Dave is home well be doing my HID fogs, and rear A emblem. Join us

discuss in a PM
WE DID DISCUSS IN PM! and i was very helpful. im just gonna point and laugh at you when you try to plastidip though :snickers:

Originally Posted by LeaninLowLa
my baby isn't dropped because she's a lease. almost every other mod i have is aesthetics though
Old 01-17-2012, 07:04 PM
Pro

You can drop it and still maintain your stock ride, all depends on how much money you want to spend.

Originally Posted by LeaninLowLa
Super excited to get my roof gloss black. Not sure if i should hold off until after the "winter". Although its warrantied for 5 years

WE DID DISCUSS IN PM! and i was very helpful. im just gonna point and laugh at you when you try to plastidip though :snickers:

my baby isn't dropped because she's a lease. almost every other mod i have is aesthetics though
K Good! And bro just do it. Well your lease it over this year right? If thats the case i wouldnt drop it either, but i still have 34 payments so shes getting dropped now!
Old 01-17-2012, 08:45 PM
ROTAREDOM

Received 1,488 Likes on 1,058 Posts
dude... ur not gunna have any mods left if you go at this rate.
Old 01-17-2012, 11:50 PM
Safety Car

You can drop it and still maintain your stock ride, all depends on how much money you want to spend.

Super excited to get my roof gloss black. Not sure if i should hold off until after the "winter". Although its warrantied for 5 years

K Good! And bro just do it. Well your lease it over this year right? If thats the case i wouldnt drop it either, but i still have 34 payments so shes getting dropped now!
yea definately no drop for now. im hoping that i can trade in around march-april, then i'll go heavy into some mods. still dunno if i'd be dropping it. but maybe a CAI, RSB, and wheels. beside that, mainly the same stuff that i have now. i'll probably get a 5AT tech though. since i doubt they'll offer 6MT tech any time soon, and i dont like the ilx concept too much
Old 01-18-2012, 07:24 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by ssjoeboe9
dude... ur not gunna have any mods left if you go at this rate.
Its cool, thats more of what im looking to do. So i can pick up a 2 Wheel Toy. I had Car and Speed wl my previous STI, So i figured a TSX and a Bike would make up for it. Thats my next investment.

im positive the retint, springs, deck lid, and roof will be wrapped before within the next month.

BTW, i love your car bro

yea definately no drop for now. im hoping that i can trade in around march-april, then i'll go heavy into some mods. still dunno if i'd be dropping it. but maybe a CAI, RSB, and wheels. beside that, mainly the same stuff that i have now. i'll probably get a 5AT tech though. since i doubt they'll offer 6MT tech any time soon, and i dont like the ilx concept too much
YAY another 2012! What color are you looking at?
Are you going to lease again or finance this time around?

Dude let me know when youre comming back home so i can have my fogs ready.
Old 01-18-2012, 11:26 PM
Safety Car

just order them now. lmfao have them ready to go. i'll be back at the latest the first weekend in feb. maybe the weekend prior. im hoping for a 2013 6MT tech honestly. and ofcourse vortex blue. are you kidding me? i definitely want tech, so we'll see if they start making manual with it. if i can switch in march, i may go for a 2012 5AT tech. dunno about finance vs lease
Old 01-19-2012, 08:26 AM
Pro

just order them now. lmfao have them ready to go. i'll be back at the latest the first weekend in feb. maybe the weekend prior. im hoping for a 2013 6MT tech honestly. and ofcourse vortex blue. are you kidding me? i definitely want tech, so we'll see if they start making manual with it. if i can switch in march, i may go for a 2012 5AT tech. dunno about finance vs lease
Alright Alright Alright "/ I'm ordering this weekend! REMIND ME PLEASE!
&& Cool Bro, See if they'll take you out your lease early of you release another of something. I'm sure they'll work with you to insure themselves another customer for 36 months.

Tech is a Must, I couldn't own the car without it. && EFF the man peddle. After driving 3 years wl it and a STi wl Exedy Twin Disk Clutch in NYC took me away from it!

ALSO! ANYONE WITH REVERSE LED. How many SMD did you go with. And what size bulb I found one with 68SMD but I don want the bulb to be to long. if that's possible. Im going to attempt to remove my bulb today at work and measure it. I HATE the brutal cold !!
Old 01-19-2012, 09:07 AM
7# werC 2uoYeeS

Received 527 Likes on 387 Posts
I think 68 might be too long. When I was shopping mine, I remember having the same dilemma...is there one with more smds? I forget which number I had...lemme try to find the auction I bought it at and let you know.
Old 01-19-2012, 09:31 AM
7# werC 2uoYeeS

i think i got these...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-7443-7440-...item5647b63541
Old 01-19-2012, 11:05 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by mrstak
I think 68 might be too long. When I was shopping mine, I remember having the same dilemma...is there one with more smds? I forget which number I had...lemme try to find the auction I bought it at and let you know.
Thank god i asked, The ones you posted are 27 LED 50/50s and their size is a 52x20mm

Heres a 68 LED 5050 but a 60x20mm

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-7443-7440-...ht_3331wt_1169

So theyre longer, i wonder if theyd fit? Id rather play it safe and get the 52x20mm. How bright are yours? Are you satisfied or wish they were a littl brighter. If you have a pic that would be awesome.
Old 01-19-2012, 12:29 PM
Pro

Finally got around to snapping some pics of the tint. It all depends on what angle you catch it from, and how much sunlight is hitting where, but here are a few i thought you would want to see.

They appear different in person. I cant capture the exact shade with a photo. you must see it in person. i personally love it. I was going to swap my 20% rear to 35% to lighten it up. But it think im staying 20%

One Angle.

Straight On, You could see the parchment.

Close up on Rear

Close up of front

Very Close rear

20% Reae
Old 01-19-2012, 12:45 PM
7# werC 2uoYeeS

hmm i posted pics some in a thread somewhere...let me try to find it...if i can't i'll just reupload them.
Old 01-19-2012, 12:55 PM
7# werC 2uoYeeS

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...ht=led+reverse

mkeefe bought vled ones and i bought generic ebay ones. the same ones i linked above.
Old 01-19-2012, 01:44 PM
SeeYou2Crew #2

Received 825 Likes on 636 Posts
very nioceeee
Old 01-19-2012, 07:36 PM
Pro

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...ht=led+reverse

mkeefe bought vled ones and i bought generic ebay ones. the same ones i linked above.
Thanks, exactly what im looking for. Problem is, its out in Hong Kong. My Dome and Door LEDs came from out there and took 2 weeks. Im itching for my bulbs no way i can wait that long. Now trying to find another seller with the same bulb or similar for a EBAY price.

Question, Does more SMD necessarily mean brighter? I would say no. For example, VLEDS 20smd are brighter than most ebays regardless the SMD.

I found a bunch of 18SMDS but i dont want to be dissapointed.
Originally Posted by ed_423
very nioceeee
Thanks Sir.
Old 01-20-2012, 07:39 AM
Pro

Ordered my Reverse Led, 18Smd, Will post what I think of em and the seller when they're installed. $12 Free Expedited Shipping. Should have them Tuesday.

Also, I'm ready to order my HID FOGS. gong with 4300k-4500k.
Someone posted a link to an eBay seller which they got they're 4300k from. but it's 12 month warranty. DDM gives lifetime. However I've heard that DDMS give off a yellow tint to them.

Can anyone chime in if they have WHITE WHITE WHITE like SNOW WHITE HIDS. from DDM or seller ?
Old 01-20-2012, 08:30 AM
7# werC 2uoYeeS

if you're looking for white white white...you might have to go with 5000k. i find that temp has a "whiter" look to it than 4300k.
Old 01-20-2012, 08:49 PM
Pro

if you're looking for white white white...you might have to go with 5000k. i find that temp has a "whiter" look to it than 4300k.
Well i figured, stock HID is 4300k. DDM tunings kit is 4500K. So that should be a little whiter that stock. Which would be fine if its true to color and not a wacko bulb.

If i ordered 5000k i would order D2S for my low beams as well, But ive just read installing low beams in a mission it inself and them re aiming ( ? ) the projector ish is even worse?

Can anyone chime in? If not ill order both top and bottom 5000k.
i absolutely love the light output from the 4300k ive never seen so far and clear, and the beam is so perfect against walls at night
Old 01-20-2012, 10:34 PM
Pro

FML the Chicago 10's release at Midnight along with Red Foamposites. So $400 in my sneaker addiction means $400 less for her "/ Lets see what gets done
Old 01-20-2012, 11:27 PM
7# werC 2uoYeeS

I don't think you'd need to reaim the headlights. You're just changing the bulb...not messing with the lens or anything. If you do need to adjust your beam, I think there might be something you twist to adjust it...or you could bring it to the dealership and have them look at it.

Well if you ever meet up with Pyro, he can help you take off your bumper and then access to your headlight bulb is super easy. I used to be able to get to mine without taking off the bumper but I never fully changed it out. Read recently that you need to have an idea of what you're doing which I do since I helped my buddy change his headlights on his IS. Same clips...same plug and play so I know what needs to be done. If you've never done it before, it might be tricky.
Old 01-21-2012, 09:04 AM
You see me, I CU2

Received 358 Likes on 284 Posts
FML the Chicago 10's release at Midnight along with Red Foamposites. So $400 in my sneaker addiction means $400 less for her "/ Lets see what gets done

I'm buyin those Chicago X's too bro
Old 01-21-2012, 10:42 AM
Pro

I don't think you'd need to reaim the headlights. You're just changing the bulb...not messing with the lens or anything. If you do need to adjust your beam, I think there might be something you twist to adjust it...or you could bring it to the dealership and have them look at it.

Well if you ever meet up with Pyro, he can help you take off your bumper and then access to your headlight bulb is super easy. I used to be able to get to mine without taking off the bumper but I never fully changed it out. Read recently that you need to have an idea of what you're doing which I do since I helped my buddy change his headlights on his IS. Same clips...same plug and play so I know what needs to be done. If you've never done it before, it might be tricky.
See, ive never done it before and i dont want to get caught up. I also think our stock bulbs will last longer than some from DDM, So id rather not mess with it and just match the fogs to them.

Originally Posted by Mr. NC
I'm buyin those Chicago X's too bro
Well i THINK i got em. I did it online, my account has been charged, i got a confirmation # and order #. So im just waiting on a confirmation email .
But im sure i got em. They went up for sale at 12:00. I checked out at 12:02 and at 12:05 they were sold out in ALL MEN SIZES

So im keeping my fingers crossed.

Did you get em?
Old 01-21-2012, 10:52 AM
You see me, I CU2

I'm calling my shop in a bit...I'm not too worried about it lol. If not the royal bule x's it is or the grey IV's in february LOL
Old 01-21-2012, 02:48 PM
Pro

I'm calling my shop in a bit...I'm not too worried about it lol. If not the royal bule x's it is or the grey IV's in february LOL
Yep i have a couple nice pick ups to do this year lol. After standing outside a store for 6 hrs, 20th in line and they only had 16 pairs in total, i threw in the camping towel. Id rather try online at Midnight or pickem up off ebay for whatever the resale price is.
Old 01-21-2012, 02:53 PM
Pro

Sorry for blowing up my thread, but heres how i found her this morning. After a few minutes i went a little numb so i did the best i could before i ran back up for warmth.

Update, waiting on my reverse LEDS to arrive, and still waiting to see any members with a 4500k HID kit. or a 5000k FOG with 4500/4300k low beams. To see color difference.
& also searching for a reputable deck lid company on ebay. And i hate seeing the ones overseas who say "an additional 2 weeks for paint processing" . WHAT! I cant wait a month for my trunk lip
Old 01-22-2012, 06:53 PM
You see me, I CU2

^^^ A month for the trunk lip beats 11 months for a grille LOLOLOL

I hate snow, my car is covered in a beautiful layer of road salt right now. Weather doesn't even give me a chance to clean it cuz it either snows or rains in this weird winter.

I picked up the Air Jordans bro! My local spot sold out so I bought them online @ Flightclub NYC LOL
The following users liked this post:
ed_423 (01-23-2012)
Old 01-23-2012, 09:51 AM
Pro

^^^ A month for the trunk lip beats 11 months for a grille LOLOLOL

I hate snow, my car is covered in a beautiful layer of road salt right now. Weather doesn't even give me a chance to clean it cuz it either snows or rains in this weird winter.

I picked up the Air Jordans bro! My local spot sold out so I bought them online @ Flightclub NYC LOL
I would of went insane for those 11 months lol,

And luckily one of my Jobs is at Enterprise, Rent a car spot, and theres a bay with soap buckets, a Hose, Vaccum ETC, SO she typically gets a bath every few days, It justs ucks in the cold with a mit, hand goes numb. The broom brushes put swirls in the paint so i tend to avoid em. Today might just be one of those days tho, My car is currently 2 tone, White up top, Black form the door handles down lol!!!

&& Good stuff bro! How much did they relist em for? I bought one pair from flightclub. Retail $180, bought em for $400. OUCH!

Im going to check the status on my order now.

Did you notice the OG Chicagos on Flightclub? $1500 .... lol

Last edited by MoaarLow; 01-23-2012 at 09:58 AM.
Old 01-23-2012, 12:45 PM
You see me, I CU2

Yeah I only do coin op car washes so in the winter I proly have a case of hypothermia after an hour of washin and quick detail LOL

They cost me $250 + shipping. First time shoppin from FlightClub as well. I seen those OG's but what I want are a pair of Air Yeezy's aside from Jordans haha

Quick Reply: 2012 Bellanova White P. Tsx Tech Build Thread