2012 Bellanova White P. Tsx Tech Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2011, 08:28 PM
Pro

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts
2012 Bellanova White P. Tsx Tech Build Thread

I have a thread Going on in the general discussion. I figured id make a thread to keep track of my Progress. Im 19, Work 12+ Hr Days, & Pay my own bills So bare with me. Below is a list of Mods and a list of future mods. I will post pics of all mods and will try to get before and after photos.

I will be taking ideas from my fellow enthusiast so don't be afraid to suggest things, We look after eachother.

Mods:
- 20% Rear Tint
- 30% Door Tint

Future Mods
- 4300k HIDS for Fogs
- Tein S Tech
- Either ASPECS or something Concave
- LEDS in doors, dome, map, and license plate
- Clear Headlights
- Decklid Spoiler
- Roof Spoiler
- Black Roof
- NOKYA DRL
- LED Switchbacks
- LED Reverse

Before they put Plates on

Next Day!

Tints, Want to get the rear redone. Dont like the 3rd brake light cut out

Old 12-20-2011, 08:29 PM
Pro

Ordered Map, Dome, Vanity Mirrors, Doors, Trunk, and License Plate LEDS.
Got the Map already just awaiting the rest of em. Put them all at once. Will have Befores and Afters
Old 12-20-2011, 08:33 PM
You see me, I CU2

Received 358 Likes on 284 Posts
Bellanova White....looks alot like Tafetta White? The hard white colour is an improvement over the soft white of the PWP IMO. Interested to see where you go with this car tho.
Old 12-20-2011, 08:38 PM
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 38 Posts
White is sooo clean looking but the tint is too dark, takes away from that look.
Old 12-20-2011, 10:58 PM
SeeYou2Crew #2

Received 825 Likes on 636 Posts
looking good there boss
Old 12-20-2011, 11:52 PM
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts
Lookin' good man! Lovin the new white. Tints would have looked better if the tinters had removed the rear deck and tinted the brake light area. The tan interior showing through would bug me. But I'm anal about such things. lol
Old 12-21-2011, 12:02 AM
takin care of Business in

Received 4,732 Likes on 4,064 Posts
coming along GREAT !!!!
Old 12-21-2011, 12:23 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by Mr. NC
Bellanova White....looks alot like Tafetta White? The hard white colour is an improvement over the soft white of the PWP IMO. Interested to see where you go with this car tho.
Window Sticker Says Bellanova White. Guess its the white for '11 and '12 ?
But thanks. Im hoping to have my list of mods Completed before next season. zi will gather and add parts slowly
Originally Posted by 24boosted
White is sooo clean looking but the tint is too dark, takes away from that look.
Agreed. I am having the rear removed and 35% applied. the 20 is really dark and makes the doors appear darker as well
Originally Posted by ed_423
looking good there boss
Thanks Sir!
Originally Posted by swarlos
Lookin' good man! Lovin the new white. Tints would have looked better if the tinters had removed the rear deck and tinted the brake light area. The tan interior showing through would bug me. But I'm anal about such things. lol
+1. I am havin it redone wl out the brake light tinted as well It's bothering me as well!
Originally Posted by swoosh
coming along GREAT !!!!
Thanks Bro!
Old 12-21-2011, 05:40 PM
ROTAREDOM

Received 1,488 Likes on 1,058 Posts
I would like to see a PWP next this, wonder how different the color is. I'm dying to put my S-Techs on but stupid warranty... They are just sitting in my closet all lonely.
Old 12-21-2011, 07:10 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by ssjoeboe9
I would like to see a PWP next this, wonder how different the color is. I'm dying to put my S-Techs on but stupid warranty... They are just sitting in my closet all lonely.
I havent decided whether i wanted to do springs or coils.
But i cant find Tein Flex for our car, Is it just me?

I would love the drop on the stechs, but im afraid of not being able to fine tune my height to fix my wheels an tires etc. And ive read that the Tein Flex is almost just as comfortable as stock. Minus a little
Old 12-21-2011, 07:16 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by MoaarLow
I havent decided whether i wanted to do springs or coils.
But i cant find Tein Flex for our car, Is it just me?

I would love the drop on the stechs, but im afraid of not being able to fine tune my height to fix my wheels an tires etc. And ive read that the Tein Flex is almost just as comfortable as stock. Minus a little
No tein flex for our cars. Only tein ss and basics. Tein ss are very comfortable.
Old 12-21-2011, 07:35 PM
Pro

No tein flex for our cars. Only tein ss and basics. Tein ss are very comfortable.
I knew i wasnt crazy!
HOw comfortable is very comfortable?

1 STIFF
10 Stock feel ?

Comming from my STi i ran BC Coils. and it was rough. They were extra stiff. So i would like to be able to hit small bumps and not hurt myself inside. I dodge small holes but theres a few occasional ones that you cant avoid.
Old 12-21-2011, 07:37 PM
Pro

Tint shop said they could remove my rear tint without doing any harm to my defrost lines and reinstall a lighter (35%) on the entire window for $50 bucks. Whole car was $120 initially.
Old 12-22-2011, 07:50 AM
Drifting

Received 285 Likes on 245 Posts
that's so cheap...people in ct charge 180 for tinting
Old 12-22-2011, 05:17 PM
Racer

I knew i wasnt crazy!
HOw comfortable is very comfortable?

1 STIFF
10 Stock feel ?

Comming from my STi i ran BC Coils. and it was rough. They were extra stiff. So i would like to be able to hit small bumps and not hurt myself inside. I dodge small holes but theres a few occasional ones that you cant avoid.
Never set my dampers to 10. Actually never went below 8. At 8 they felt comparable to stock (maybe a hair stiffer on the larger bumps in the road). My boss rode in the car with me the other day and even he said it was really smooth for being dropped. I'm set at 2 front and 5 rear right now. Ride is still comfortable. Tein ss are not really meant to be track coils. They're mainly for street use, so even at their hardest setting, they are not harsh. Good luck! Your list of future mods looks promising.
Old 12-22-2011, 06:00 PM
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Tint shop said they could remove my rear tint without doing any harm to my defrost lines and reinstall a lighter (35%) on the entire window for $50 bucks. Whole car was $120 initially.
make sure they tint your entire rear windshield this time so you wont have that giant gap where your reverse light is
Old 12-22-2011, 07:04 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by denwhat
make sure they tint your entire rear windshield this time so you wont have that giant gap where your reverse light is
Reverse? I think you mean 3rd brake light. and yes thats why i want them to do it over. Im considering the 20% again. I love the way it looks. And at night my Navi Screen brightens up the interior you can see it clearly from behind the vehicle.

Then again i might just go for the 35%. I think Light tint on white = Classy. too dark makes it look weird
Old 12-22-2011, 07:12 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by spdandpwr
that's so cheap...people in ct charge 180 for tinting
Looks like i may need to invest in opening a sound and tint shop Local shops asking $100 for smaller cars $120 for normal cars.

Never set my dampers to 10. Actually never went below 8. At 8 they felt comparable to stock (maybe a hair stiffer on the larger bumps in the road). My boss rode in the car with me the other day and even he said it was really smooth for being dropped. I'm set at 2 front and 5 rear right now. Ride is still comfortable. Tein ss are not really meant to be track coils. They're mainly for street use, so even at their hardest setting, they are not harsh. Good luck! Your list of future mods looks promising.
Thnks sir, I would love to ride in a TSX with the SS. So if i set my damper on the extra low side. Somewhere where you are you telling me i wont feel too much difference. OFCOURSE i expect a stiffer feeling. I dont want the car to be floppy etc. Its a 1 pc coilover so i dont expect stock ride feel but i want to stay away from the civic feeling.

Put it this way, If i went up a driveway with my STi, One of my rear wheels COME off the floor. STIFF AS FCKKKK

You really making me consider them, i just want the ability to fine tune my suspension to fit whatever wheels i decide to go for

On ANother note. My LEDS are installed. Sadly, the Rear Dome light bulb was a TAD too big, wouldnt fit and im super upset. I will try to wiggle it in there but im 100% sure its not going in. I will post pics of my process along the way with the LEDS as well as all future mods.

Im hoping to order my fogs sometime this week.
Old 12-22-2011, 07:56 PM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think the new body style TSX resembles more the 04-08 TL's. Good luck with the car!
Old 12-22-2011, 08:50 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by RG04TL
I think the new body style TSX resembles more the 04-08 TL's. Good luck with the car!
Thanks Bro, I initially was at Acura looking at an 06 TL, but the financing payment and the lease payment was the same if i put a little more down. so it was 69k or 12miles body imperfections etc and interior For a little more down right now. I intend to buy it out after anyway. I love it

Thanks for the luck. This modding is going to put me in a hole
Old 12-22-2011, 11:04 PM
You see me, I CU2

How stiff were your BC's? I was thinkin eithe BC's or the Megans for the TSX (I realize the valving and damping between an STI and a TSX are wildly different)
Old 12-23-2011, 09:00 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 132 Likes on 119 Posts
Looking good man, can't wait to see it before the auto show
Old 12-23-2011, 08:41 PM
Instructor

Reverse? I think you mean 3rd brake light. and yes thats why i want them to do it over. Im considering the 20% again. I love the way it looks. And at night my Navi Screen brightens up the interior you can see it clearly from behind the vehicle.

Then again i might just go for the 35%. I think Light tint on white = Classy. too dark makes it look weird
derp. yes i meant 3rd brake light lol idk why i said reverse.

I love dark tints...i think they look awesome....but i went with 35% all around cuz i didnt wanna get pulled over. I heard that ur back window can be as dark as you want it to be and it will be still legal though.
Old 12-23-2011, 10:09 PM
Safety Car

Received 682 Likes on 475 Posts
denwhat you should join our meet, whenever we have it =)
Old 12-23-2011, 11:11 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by Mr. NC
How stiff were your BC's? I was thinkin eithe BC's or the Megans for the TSX (I realize the valving and damping between an STI and a TSX are wildly different)
STIFF! to the point where i could take a driveway ramp or something similar and id have a rear wheel floating. Or i could lift the car at a shop and the wheels would nearly stay in place. But i agree we cant really compare these 2 completely opposite cars. Idk if id go BC wl this car tho
Originally Posted by VortexBlueTSX
Looking good man, can't wait to see it before the auto show
Thanks, I should have a few more goodies by then i cant wait myself. I wanna see some cars!
Originally Posted by denwhat
derp. yes i meant 3rd brake light lol idk why i said reverse.

I love dark tints...i think they look awesome....but i went with 35% all around cuz i didnt wanna get pulled over. I heard that ur back window can be as dark as you want it to be and it will be still legal though.
the police around me give tint for 50%. he sits by the off ramp during rush hour and just does ticket after ticker for his whole shit. Hard to avoid him.
So we go 35 just to try to get under the radar. but they still bother. 20% is asking for trouble. but legally the rear can be as dark as you want its the driver and passanger window that matters. But im going to go 35% not only to minimize any police attention, but white wl a little smokey tint looks a little more classy to me. I think BLACK windows thats away from the car
Originally Posted by PyroDave
denwhat you should join our meet, whenever we have it =)
Agreed
Old 12-23-2011, 11:13 PM
Pro

And sorry fellas, I cant find my USB for my phone and i took about 10-10 pics of stock interior lighting and then an after shot wl the LEDS. Just so you guys can see how my bulbs came out. Not got every single bulb for conversion for $55 bucks. What would have cost me $100 on a KNOWN site. Im happy with the results.

Ill have the pics up tomorrow for sure !!
The following users liked this post:
ed_423 (12-23-2011)
Old 12-24-2011, 07:19 PM
You see me, I CU2

That stiff eh, Euronoobfail has BC's as well but he's as vague as foggy day. Thanks for the info tho. The search continues.
Old 12-25-2011, 04:35 PM
Pro

Did my LEDS the other day but havent a chance to upload them. No ipod cable "/ . But got it now so here it is.
Many of the photos are stock with Led After shots. Dome Light Bulb is only one missing. It was a tiny but too big, and Inside Trunk Is still in transit to my house. I Should have expedited it

License Plate LED

Interior, Minus Dome Light. Bulb was a tiny bit too big. Idk why

Right Vanity Stock Through 20% tint

Completed

Courtesy

Last edited by MoaarLow; 12-25-2011 at 04:38 PM.
Old 12-25-2011, 06:19 PM
takin care of Business in

Received 4,732 Likes on 4,064 Posts
Noice !!!

looks great....love you License plate LEDS the most....
Old 12-25-2011, 07:28 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by swoosh
Noice !!!

looks great....love you License plate LEDS the most....
Thanks Bro, Appreciate it. I wish every car in front of me was mine so i could see my ass all day. I love how the LEDS came out. Just enough brightness. It was exactly what i wanted.

i Ordered a 31mm 4SMD bulb It should be here this week commming.
The 36mm didnt Fit it was too large. So anyone doing it go 31.

Besides, the 36mm was 1SMD the 31 i ordered has 4
Old 12-25-2011, 07:31 PM
Pro

I havent decided if i should order my spoiler now or wait another 2 weeks and just order my HIDS for fogs.

Anyone know where i can see pics of a white tsx with 3000k hids?
Im leaning more to the 5000k. i love the white on top and bottom.
&& I Want to Install LED Switchbacks when my headlights are cleared.
Old 12-26-2011, 08:19 PM
Pro

I want my to go MOAARLOW!
Old 12-26-2011, 09:09 PM
ROTAREDOM

Yeah I'm all white top and bottom with 5k switchbacks and 5k led fogs. No lie that shit looks badass at night when they all come on at once. TIP- pull ur DRL fuse under the dash then u can ride around with just your white led corners! Turns heads cause you got the Audi style going on.
Old 12-26-2011, 09:49 PM
Pro

Yeah I'm all white top and bottom with 5k switchbacks and 5k led fogs. No lie that shit looks badass at night when they all come on at once. TIP- pull ur DRL fuse under the dash then u can ride around with just your white led corners! Turns heads cause you got the Audi style going on.
Bro your Car is sick, Any more pictures of it? Your headlights are
Old 12-26-2011, 10:07 PM
ROTAREDOM

Bro your Car is sick, Any more pictures of it? Your headlights are
Other than my progress thread that's it. Just got a new camera so I'll be messin around and see if I can get some good shots. I'll prob even do a short video of the lights coming on, what the switchbacks look like without drl, how the red overlays look while turning and backing up. I'll just do a nice walk around.
Old 12-26-2011, 10:22 PM
Pro

Other than my progress thread that's it. Just got a new camera so I'll be messin around and see if I can get some good shots. I'll prob even do a short video of the lights coming on, what the switchbacks look like without drl, how the red overlays look while turning and backing up. I'll just do a nice walk around.
Checking your thread now, And please Bud do that. And post the link when you do if possible.
Old 12-28-2011, 03:00 PM
Pro

Ag man I wanna drop her already ! Debating on Stech Springs for a few months until coilover funds are avail. Id do the coils myself. But the springs would have to be done at a shop.

Should I do it !?
Old 01-01-2012, 02:08 PM
Pro

got my dome led. 31mm
Old 01-01-2012, 03:22 PM
You see me, I CU2

Welcome to the LED club, TSX kid got 4300k top and bottom if you would like a reference as well.
Old 01-01-2012, 05:10 PM
Instructor

the police around me give tint for 50%. he sits by the off ramp during rush hour and just does ticket after ticker for his whole shit. Hard to avoid him.
So we go 35 just to try to get under the radar. but they still bother. 20% is asking for trouble. but legally the rear can be as dark as you want its the driver and passanger window that matters. But im going to go 35% not only to minimize any police attention, but white wl a little smokey tint looks a little more classy to me. I think BLACK windows thats away from the car
where is this guy? i live in queens too so i would like to keep an eye out for him.

and i would wait for coils...no point in spending a few hundred on something that you will replace in a few months.

Quick Reply: 2012 Bellanova White P. Tsx Tech Build Thread