The Official 2009 TSX Thread **Unvelied in NY**

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 11:57 PM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
We are all supposing that the 09' model will weigh more. I think so too, but maybe Acura put the new TSX on a lightweight materials diet. If it dropped 150-200 lbs it wouldn't be too bad.
Old 02-14-2008, 12:18 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How about a new thread, or even forum, now that more information is being released about the 2009 TSX?
Old 02-14-2008, 12:24 AM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by tracerit
How about a new thread, or even forum, now that more information is being released about the 2009 TSX?
See the first post on page 75.
Old 02-14-2008, 12:25 AM
Burning Brakes

I wonder what the new pricing is going to be for the Tech Package. It's getting the ELS sound now... hmmm that's the only cool thing I see. Well the paddle shifters too. Overall not to impressed because we were expecting a lot more, but guaranteed when some guy posts his on the forum when he gets it we will all oogle at it.
Old 02-14-2008, 12:58 AM
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts
Don Hoagie & Datadr got it right on!!!

Excellent posts (1904 &1906) you two.
Old 02-14-2008, 01:00 AM
I can't find my garage

u guys need to calm the f down. you guys are just jumping to conclusion. yes the numbers are down, but who knows, there might be other things that might quite entice you. and i believe, because of its name, rep and such, the sales will Not drop
Old 02-14-2008, 01:13 AM
Indian Acura Driver

Originally Posted by mltk53
u guys need to calm the f down. you guys are just jumping to conclusion. yes the numbers are down, but who knows, there might be other things that might quite entice you. and i believe, because of its name, rep and such, the sales will Not drop
I don't mean to disrespect anyone, but i agree with this one. You guys are all going off the handle as if something crazy, absurd, unheard of thing happened. Calm down people.

If you people DON"T remember, Acura already did this before, but everyone seems to have forgotten. And in fact they did it with their hottest seller as well. And guess what, it worked.

The only reason the TSX is set this low is because when the Type S comes out with a better engine, they need to give it a ample horsepower difference. Even 30 horses is ample, but if you gave it 215 to start with and 230 came out of the Type S more fury would come from everyone.

By the way, Acura's TL did it. The Type S had 260 and the 04 TL had 250 (rated at 270, but was cut off since the numbers were wrong).

Now the argument coming after me now is that "this isn't the type S, and they still dropped it", boohoo. You guys are crying over 4 horses? FOUR? And if they only had 4 more, you guys would have made a fuss, no one is ever happy with anything. Calm down. Obviously there's a plan for a better and faster TSX, because Honda KNOWS that a mere 201 won't do the job. BUT, you guys do NOT consist of the majority of TSX buyers. Face it.

Horsepower wars may matter to all of you, but the base TSX will have ample pick up, and will never be driven over 100mph. So why do they need to have a higher horsepower output when majority of TSX drivers won't even go there?

It's so unnecessary, but if they have better torque throughout the RPM range, everyone will like it more. It's a sacrifice for the better.

Than for the horsepower hungry, buy the Type S when it shows up. It'll have i'm sure either a V6 or the Turbo 4...either way, you guys will still complain even when you get the more powerful vehicle.

Lexus did it, i don't care how much the cars are different. But the IS250 is a crazy hot seller because they don't need a 300hp BEAST. 200 is ample in a car this size. The power hungry people go for the 350 which won't even be majority of buyers.

Oh no, for more power, you have to dish out a couple of grand more...well OBVIOUSLY. Otherwise we'd all be driving extremely powerful cars for cheap and it wouldn't make it worth it anymore.

I'm sorry if i've insulted anyone, but calm down. The TL is doing it, the TSX is now doing it. The RSX did it.

As for the V8 it's coming. it's in development and the fact that less than 20% buy the V8, is irrelevant right now, but when the NSX shows up, you'll have your V8.

Yeah it's the flagship, but it does what it should. It has the latest technology, is refined and has ample power.

Honda's only problem at the moment is that it gives ample power, not excess. Which in all honesty, is not a problem. So what, Honda has never been a go fast off the line car, yet you put these cars on the track, and they're keeping up. So you may not like the 200 number, but i'm sure that when they put that thing on a track with the FWD set up, it's going to scare the competition.

Personally, i don't mind 127 hp in my Acura EL, considering the fact that i can OUTCORNER a Lexus IS250. So you tell me, if you want straightline or not. If you only want straight line, you're with the wrong brand. And if you want both, then pay the premium and get a Bimmer.

But the fact that my 80hp less Acura can keep up with a 200hp Lexus in the corners says a lot about the Acura. And personally i think the handling is more important, and the Type S, when they come out, they'll give BMW a run for their money. The SHAWD system is impeccable.
Old 02-14-2008, 01:25 AM
I can't find my garage

^^

btw, how long did this take you to write? lol
Old 02-14-2008, 01:32 AM
Indian Acura Driver

Smile

Haha, not too long actually. The editing killed me. My English is crap. I tend to type ridiculously fast when I'm making a point.
Old 02-14-2008, 01:49 AM
CGP Ebony

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Exclamation

Originally Posted by datadr
The TSX has always been about style and value,

I completely agree with that statement for the 04-08 TSX.

The 1st Gen TSX is very sexy, I chose the TSX over the TL because of the exterior.

But when the factor of STYLE is not present in the 09 TSX IMO, it completely voids the features it has (not new features cause its already present on the TL/RL).

PS: LED Tailights are a big deal. IMO, they add more aesthetic style to the car.

Now whenever I see a bloated CAMRY or ALTIMA on the road, it reminds me of the 09 TSX.
Old 02-14-2008, 02:08 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 209 Likes on 188 Posts
Did everyone forget the confirmed release of the diesel D-tec engine for the TSX? It will be honda's first diesel in the US.
Old 02-14-2008, 02:19 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Don Hoagie
And apparently they know you guys pretty well, because everyone here who's claiming they'll leave the brand is talking about going to more expensive vehicles with more power and more status... Lexus IS, BMW 3-Series, Audi A4... in other words, the Acura TL.
You're just rationalizing the status quo, assuming that we all march to the beat of the same drummer and that we all like vanilla ice cream. I don't want a TL, it's too big. I want a fast small car - yes, shocking I know. It's extremely common to have multiple power options within a single model of car, like the TL versus the TL-S, the Accord vs the Accord V6, Civic/Civic Si, so it's not like we're a freak show here asking for something strange. Is Acura happy with their sales? Do you realy want to defend a sinking ship?

You also said something about luxury car buyers always gaining in wealth and therefore always buying a nicer model than the last. It's arrogant to assume that all or most luxury car buyers have a constantly increasing income and/or are jumping at the chance to sink as much money as possible into an asset that rapidly loses value. Assumptions up the yin yang.
Old 02-14-2008, 02:32 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Brown Chaos
Now the argument coming after me now is that "this isn't the type S, and they still dropped it", boohoo. You guys are crying over 4 horses? FOUR? And if they only had 4 more, you guys would have made a fuss, no one is ever happy with anything. Calm down. Obviously there's a plan for a better and faster TSX, because Honda KNOWS that a mere 201 won't do the job. BUT, you guys do NOT consist of the majority of TSX buyers. Face it.
How do you know there's a plan for a faster TSX? Even if their is a plan in the works, many '04 and '05 TSX owners leases will be up sometime soon, or their car is just getting worn out, and that TSX Type-S they might have wanted is nowhere to be found and a sale has been lost. Is that what you want? Is it realy so unreasonable to want the same car with a competitive performance offering? Maybe Acura's new slogan should be "Almost."
Old 02-14-2008, 02:35 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 69 Likes on 55 Posts
It's very strange look at the 201 hp of the next TSX vs the 205 of the current generation.
I don't know any brand on the market that presents new models with LESS power of the models before.
And I'm not merely considering how fast or good the car will be, but the simply "psicological" approach of costumers: when I look at a new model, the FIRST thing I look about is the growth of power and Torque, maybe is stupid but it is!
And for that psycological reason Acura HAD to give the RL 2009 more power of the MDX, maybe 310 hp, nothing more, but people would appreciated it. Because is the top model od the Acura range.
Old 02-14-2008, 02:37 AM
T.DoT P.I.M.P. lol

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Brown Chaos
.................................................. ...........

Personally, i don't mind 127 hp in my Acura EL, considering the fact that i can OUTCORNER a Lexus IS250. So you tell me, if you want straightline or not. If you only want straight line, you're with the wrong brand. And if you want both, then pay the premium and get a Bimmer.

But the fact that my 80hp less Acura can keep up with a 200hp Lexus in the corners says a lot about the Acura. And personally i think the handling is more important, and the Type S, when they come out, they'll give BMW a run for their money. The SHAWD system is impeccable.
You keep telling us to calm down, and throwing out a bunch of (your) thoughts, are you sure this is what happening in Acura now? Or do you work there?

I'm VERY surprise your EL can keep up w/ the IS250 on corners, who's driving it? My buddy's IS250 w/ factory Sport-tuned suspension is very sharp, I have a hard time keeping up w/ him on high-way ramp or track when speed >70mph w/ my TSX; my car started to push (understeer) while he seems like drift thru it like nothing... I have Progress RSB; BuddyClub Racing Spec Damper; Cusco Front Strut and Cusco Lower Arm Brace II, and too much to list. I guess I'm just too slow lol...

BTW: The 2009 TSX seems like alot bigger than ours, the front and rear over-hang is...... If the size is about the same as current Honda Accord (which is bigger than a 300M); I'm going for something else... BMW 135i here I come...
Old 02-14-2008, 03:30 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by zot09
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

What a JOKE! They decreased the HP and barely increased the tq, while adding weight. Plus, it's still FWD. HAHAHA why one would buy this over a 128i, I don't know. The only positive I can think of, although it is a big positive, is reliability. But damn, if you're only gonna own your car for ~four years, then why the fuck would you buy this? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA A FUCKING JOKE I TELL YOU! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

im not happy about the HP either, but i'd still get it over the 128i.

the 128i comes with far less standard features, still will probably cost more, and oh the #1 reason. the 1 series looks horrible.

now if a 328i cost what the 128i does then ok maybe it would be a decision.
Old 02-14-2008, 03:57 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by hans007
im not happy about the HP either, but i'd still get it over the 128i.

the 128i comes with far less standard features, still will probably cost more, and oh the #1 reason. the 1 series looks horrible.

now if a 328i cost what the 128i does then ok maybe it would be a decision.
I know looks are totally subjective, but the new TSX looks pretty ugly too. I'll wait till I see them in public, but I wouldn't be surprised if the 1-series grows on me, just like how the E60 5-series did. Maybe the TSX will too.

As for the cost, a base 128i is 28k...add sport package, xenons, and nav and you're looking at 33k. Slightly more than what I predict the TSX will be, but the 1-series will be more refined and will have some more pricey technology behind it. Heck, after the initial buying-frenzy for the 1-series dies down, I'm sure you could get it for a pretty decent price. Add in the option of ED, and it would be even cheaper.
Old 02-14-2008, 04:01 AM
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Honda where is the SH-AWD + Turbo TSX to compete with the germans + Lexus?

You fail Honda.
My next car will not be an Acura judging from NSX delays, RL MMC fiasco and now this.
Acura is now a joke.
Old 02-14-2008, 06:06 AM
Old Guy

Received 161 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by Flounder
Don Hoagie & Datadr got it right on!!!

Excellent posts (1904 &1906) you two.
Agree totally. I've resisted joining this flogging of Acura since I haven't really had anything to add, but boy after reading the last 5 pages or so, it appears that they'll be allot less of us here pretty soon (which I doubt will hurt the content of what gets posted here). It may come as a shock to some, but evidently Acura forgot to ask us what the new and improved TSX should be. I'm fine with the 05 and 07 that are in the garage, and I feel like I got just what I wanted: Honda quality, good looks, great ride and handling, outstanding gas mileage, and unbeatable content, all for around $26.5K (considerably less than a full boat Camry). I'm guessing the new one won't stray too far (can't wait for the diesel though). It seems some here insist on comparing the TSX to the IS, the A4, 3 series BMW, etc., although they're not really in the same market. To me, this says volumes about the TSX. We should be proud that there are TSX owners that feel their car compares to many costing $10K-$15K more. I'm content with waiting until the 09 TSX actually arrives and then we'll see. And to all those that feel so disappointed with what the new car MAY be, don't let the door hit you on the way out.
Old 02-14-2008, 07:16 AM
日本国内市場の売春婦

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm tired of givingthe benefit of the doubt to Acura anymore... if they want to keep playing games and enjoy letting the public (as well as the owners) not take them seriously then whatever.. next car will be a german.
Old 02-14-2008, 07:31 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by cruiserchuck
I know that I am in the minority here, but I am happy that Honda seems to be more concerned with improving gas mileage than increasing horsepower. With premium gas quickly approaching $4 a gallon here, I would rather have better mileage than more horsepower. For those that think the engine is not powerful enough, you should remember that the Euro Accord comes with a 2.0 liter engine standard in most of the world.
They need options, though, for those who want more power. Providing options would allow the car to appeal to more potential buyers. I just hope that they redeem themselves by offering a higher power model/Type-S fairly soon after launch. They really should have done it FOR the launch, though, to create excitement for the car.
Old 02-14-2008, 07:35 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
I can't believe how easily satisfied and apologetic some people are around here. No doubt its still a good car that will continue to be a strong seller. But the fact remains that besides some added technology all the upgrades are incremental at best. Good enough? for some, of course. But when was the target simply "Good enough"? Lets not forget the fact they had 5 entire years to improve the vehicle. This was the best they could offer? Excuse me if I'm not impressed.

And as for the "improved" MPG.

328 Sedan with 230 HP/ 200 lb-ft gets 19/28

A4 with 200 HP / 207 lb-ft gets 21/30

IS250 with AT gets 21/29

Again, pardon me if I'm gushing with excitement over a 4 banger thats just as good if not slightly better.

Bring on the Type-S.
Old 02-14-2008, 07:35 AM
Cruisin'

I'll be looking at the Audi A4 2.0T 6-speed w/200HP/207Torque. In addition, the length of A4 is closer to what I seek and not the larger, Accord-camry dimensions the TSX has devolved.

I was really excited about the Sport4 design but the photos and specs have been a huge disappointment after owning 2 Acuras.
Old 02-14-2008, 07:39 AM
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by LuvMyTSX
They need options, though, for those who want more power. Providing options would allow the car to appeal to more potential buyers. I just hope that they redeem themselves by offering a higher power model/Type-S fairly soon after launch. They really should have done it FOR the launch, though, to create excitement for the car.
I think Honda views the TL as the option for those who want more power. The cars are almost the same size, and the TL is competitively priced with the IS350, G35, etc.
Old 02-14-2008, 07:57 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by cruiserchuck
I think Honda views the TL as the option for those who want more power. The cars are almost the same size, and the TL is competitively priced with the IS350, G35, etc.

If they do. its a bad idea IMO. Every other lux make offers a higher end models base engine in the lesser model.

A4
C Class
G35
etc...

I don't think we're suggesting the TL's 3.5L or 3.7L engine in the TSX but a much more powerful engine (Turbo, small V6) would be nice.
Old 02-14-2008, 09:20 AM
Instructor

Good thing my 2007 is going to be with me until the next redesign. But who knows what is going to happen in 2014. I might get me one of those flying cars.

Whoever made the assumption that anyone who buys a tsx will automatically upgrade to a bigger an more expansive car is an idiot. Unless I make some babies in a couple of years I have no use for a bigger car. I have always liked the small sports sedan, and I always will that is my market.

Now in 7-10 years, I would have stayed or will stay with the TSX if it provides the same advantages it does now. But if Acura does not improve on a model why would i stay with it? or why would I even stay with the brand?
Old 02-14-2008, 09:43 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

After reading the new announcement over at TOV, it seems Colin forced Acura to officially release the 09 TSX info more than month before they wanted to.

Kudo's to Colin for a job well done.
Old 02-14-2008, 09:56 AM
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by mattlissy
So Glad I purchased my 08 TSX 2.5 weeks ago while I had a good selection of colors. I cant believe The 2009 models HP is 201 down from 205. This is because of the new ULEV (lower emissions rating) Did I also read that the the 2009 no longer has rear wishbone suspenion? And yes, my 08 plays MP3's.

Please forgive my being so descriptive but the 08 playing or not playing mp3s in major for me and my decision. My 2005 Civic Special Edition does play mp3 cds AND displays what song is actually playing. If a 2008 Acura TSX can't do that, I would rather not get the car.

So to be perfectly clear, your car will play a CD that has mp3s on it? Not that you hooked up your ipod or a different mp3 player to the USB port?

Thank you so much for your reply.
Old 02-14-2008, 10:18 AM
where is my garage?!

well, i don't buy cars with a giant cheese grater for a front grille.

or cars that sass me when i drive.
Old 02-14-2008, 10:50 AM
2004 TSX NAV 5AT MSM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Civic2TSX
Please forgive my being so descriptive but the 08 playing or not playing mp3s in major for me and my decision. My 2005 Civic Special Edition does play mp3 cds AND displays what song is actually playing. If a 2008 Acura TSX can't do that, I would rather not get the car.

So to be perfectly clear, your car will play a CD that has mp3s on it? Not that you hooked up your ipod or a different mp3 player to the USB port?

Thank you so much for your reply.
The 2008 TSX does not play mp3's on a CD. From what I read on the acura.com site all other 2008 Acura's (RL, TL, MDX & RDX) do play mp3's (and wma's) from a disc.
Old 02-14-2008, 10:55 AM
I spend 2 much time here

Received 103 Likes on 67 Posts
Originally Posted by dom
I can't believe how easily satisfied and apologetic some people are around here. No doubt its still a good car that will continue to be a strong seller. But the fact remains that besides some added technology all the upgrades are incremental at best. Good enough? for some, of course. But when was the target simply "Good enough"? Lets not forget the fact they had 5 entire years to improve the vehicle. This was the best they could offer? Excuse me if I'm not impressed.

Again, pardon me if I'm gushing with excitement over a 4 banger thats just as good if not slightly better.

Bring on the Type-S.
i tend to agree with you, acura certainly didn't deliver a TSX that has me scrambling to sell my 2004 model for.

if they don't come out with a type-s version that delivers the goods my next car will not be a tsx.
Old 02-14-2008, 11:07 AM
Instructor

I love the idea of the USB flash drive plug for music. My friend's new 3 series has it and i was like wth?! That ish is crazy! I think a flash memory plug is way more convenient than ipod/mp3 player, because you just have to drag and drop. Maybe someone can make a unit to take video from the usb to put it on the nav screen....

Also, I've been wanting that real time traffic thing. Only loss is the power on the new model.
Old 02-14-2008, 11:23 AM
> 100K Mile Club Member

Originally Posted by jiggaman
i tend to agree with you, acura certainly didn't deliver a TSX that has me scrambling to sell my 2004 model for.

if they don't come out with a type-s version that delivers the goods my next car will not be a tsx.
Agreed. Bottom line Acura, you still want my business? Put out a Type-S by next fall with SH-AWD and 240+ HP or I am gone!
Old 02-14-2008, 11:24 AM
Make a hole, coming thru!

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
apologies for the length, I'm reply to many here in one post

Originally Posted by GeorgeTSX
That sounds like it means you can put mp3's on a USB Flash Drive and plug it in. That would be cool.
I saw a demo (Gizmodo video?) of that on the Civic Hybrid, though that was a PCMCIA/PC Card interface behind the Navi screen. (conjecture) Probably want an interactive Navi screen to browse through folders on the memory card, though. And ... if the player doesn't find and present MP3-M3U or WMA-ASX playlists ... forget it. I'd hate to have to pick individual tracks out of 500 or so on a 1 GB or 2 GB drive, or make my own "Acura playlists" on the drive. (end of conjecture)
Originally Posted by jlukja
You would think, with all the development work being done by aftermarket firms (hondata, comptech, etc.) on the current model TSX, that Acura would be able to adopt at least some of that for the next generation. With the right intake, reflash, header, exhaust, TB gasket, TB spacer the 04-08 edition gets quite a boost in HP. Why can't Acura apply some of that technology to increase the output on the next gen engine beyond 201 hp?
A smart manufacturer leaves room for 3rd party vendors to offer appealing add-ons. I think Microsoft built a massively successful business based on this model for the past 17 years.
Originally Posted by dom
Ya. I edited the thread title so folks know the specs are out.

The 2nd gen forum is coming, but since the info isn't yet official it should wait.
Are we so sure that that full "printer-friendly" release is official? It's linked to from a much shorter, oblique release. I'm waiting on that 201 HP to be repeated authoritatively. Just my .
Originally Posted by TommySalami
Don't the 08 TSX's play MP3's?
Negatory, good buddy. Promised explicitly on the brochures, never delivered in the vehicle. Another user here has been griping to Acura corporate with (as yet) no results reported.
Originally Posted by mattlissy
... And yes, my 08 plays MP3's.
Say WHAT?? Are you saying you can put a CD-R(W) with MP3s on it in the changer and they play? Be specific, another buyer or two have had confirmed failures doing that.
Originally Posted by TSX69
... A lot of people are predicting doom but the current model sold w/ only ~200 hp/4 cylinder so this might as well. This does nothing for the luxury image tho ... green image maybe.
Um ... my 2006 specs state 205hp. YMMV and apparently does.
Originally Posted by Don Hoagie
... 1. All of us current TSX drivers are not the primary demographic for the future TSX. You've all stepped into the "luxury" brand realm, and in that realm, the consumer trend is to upgrade your vehicle whenever possible....

2. ... The TSX is driven primarily by... women. We've had a few threads about the TSX being a chick car - I'm not saying it is, but the fact is that the demographics tell us the majority of TSX drivers are women.

For those of you who never sold cars before, the typical buying trends of each gender are, roughly, as follows (in order of importance):

Men
1. Power
2. Style
3. Amenities

Women
1. Style
2. Value
3. Amenities

In this case, value=good gas mileage, because good gas mileage=less $$ spent on gas. Now obviously Acura could improve horsepower using methods that don't totally destroy the MPG, but the fact is, if any manufacturer has to pick between adding power or maintaining MPG, and their market is both primarily women and gas price conscious, then MPG is where the focus will go. Again, I believe Acura is quite aware of what they're doing here... so just like my previous point, Acura is basically telling you, "this car isn't for you anymore. Move up or move on."
Haha ... well one year, something like 53% of TSX drivers were women, another year it was like 47%. But still ... your point is well made, well taken.

Actually, my criteria in order of importance were: 1. Value, 2. Amenities, 3. Power. Guess that makes me a wierdo. I almost got an Accord V6, but the TSX seemed a better value in the CPO offerings.

All you folks bleating about the about-face from intending to trade up from 2004/2005/whatever to the 2009 model ... boy, I hope you don't build negative equity with this kind of car enthusiasm. I strongly suspect the target buyer is the "first time TSX buyer," who's trading up from something else. It's called their "entry level sedan" for a reason, nudge nudge wink wink. Screaming from the rooftops, "Baaahhh, I'm not getting another TSX, I'm getting a [insert competing brand name here]" says more about your buying strategy than Acura's design and marketing. Frankly, my next car purchase will start at ground zero, as this one did, with reading reviews, ratings, performance tests, and then letting my nose lead me to a sweetheart deal. I've never bought based on "the last one was good, so I'll just plan on the getting the next one." That's a decidely "non-enthusiast" strategy, IMHO. That's the brand-loyal, "My family always bought Plymouth" mentality; I'm surprised so many of you claim to adhere to that, then rant about jumping ship. Watch out for the gunnel on your way over the side, maties.
Old 02-14-2008, 11:31 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by davidspalding
Are we so sure that that full "printer-friendly" release is official? It's linked to from a much shorter, oblique release. I'm waiting on that 201 HP to be repeated authoritatively.

Read my comments higher up on this page. The release is now official.
Old 02-14-2008, 11:32 AM
Intermediate

A4 vs TSX size

Originally Posted by freeperjim
I'll be looking at the Audi A4 2.0T 6-speed w/200HP/207Torque. In addition, the length of A4 is closer to what I seek and not the larger, Accord-camry dimensions the TSX has devolved.
Better buy the 2008 A4. The A4 is devolving in the same direction. According to Motor Trend the 2009 A4 is going to be 5 inches longer and 2 inches wider than the 2008 model. The 2009 TSX is about 1/3 inch longer and 1/2 inch wider than the 2009 A4. The wheelbase of the 2009 A4 will be about 2 inches longer than the 2009 TSX, which is a good thing.
Old 02-14-2008, 11:45 AM
My bolonga has a 1st name

the mod's locked my thread in the TSX forum beacuse it was very generalized to acura, hwoever I really wnated TSX owner's/buyer's opinions

so pleasee check out this thread in cartalk:

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...91#post5811391
Old 02-14-2008, 11:50 AM
Race Director

Originally Posted by 97AcuraCL
the mod's locked my thread in the TSX forum beacuse it was very generalized to acura, hwoever I really wnated TSX owner's/buyer's opinions

Just put my comments on there, but you forgot to include fire American Honda/Acura CEO Dick Collivier!
Old 02-14-2008, 11:59 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 69 Likes on 55 Posts
Originally Posted by L1StarTSX
I think we have waited long enough...if lexus can put out two different HP models (250&350) at the same time and then offer the IF later, why cant Acura. Total BS.
well... I can only agree. we waited long enough...
Old 02-14-2008, 12:00 PM
> 100K Mile Club Member

Originally Posted by 97AcuraCL

You said a lot of what a large number of us are thinking. Thanks for doing it!

Quick Reply: The Official 2009 TSX Thread **Unvelied in NY**