Finally started ordering parts for the swap**work starts pg 9**

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 02:37 AM
Unofficial Goat

Received 112 Likes on 89 Posts
Originally Posted by KSuchdeve
Yea they do look like it. I got them off the Black Market. Needless to say, the seller will be getting a PM.
wtf kind of AZ user sells fake Teins? Sorry to hear that Kris and I hope you can work things out with him and get your money back. I wouldn't install those for safety reasons if I was in your shoes.

Old 02-12-2008, 07:36 AM
No He Can't

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
I guess I kind of asked for it by not asking for good pictures and checking if they were genuine or not, though I didn't really expect this from an AZ member.

Maybe one of the mods can threaten him with teh banstick is he doesn't refund
Old 02-12-2008, 08:02 AM
Lamborghini Aventador FTW

Received 73 Likes on 52 Posts
Tell Ron A about this, he will do his best.
Old 02-12-2008, 08:09 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
I guess I kind of asked for it by not asking for good pictures and checking if they were genuine or not, though I didn't really expect this from an AZ member.

Maybe one of the mods can threaten him with teh banstick is he doesn't refund
Yes if they are in fact not tein contact RonA
Old 02-12-2008, 08:17 AM

Let's not lynch mob the seller yet, a lot of people don't know that there are fake Teins being sold. It's easy to buy a set of fakes off eBay or some other unauthorized dealer and not even know it.
Old 02-12-2008, 08:50 AM
No He Can't

That's what I was going to say. Maybe the guy bought them for his car a while ago and was running them and never even knew. He said he is running Tein Basic now so he took the S. Tech off (which is why he was selling them in the first place).
Old 02-12-2008, 09:31 AM
Administrator

Received 1,006 Likes on 575 Posts
Originally Posted by AMGala
Tell Ron A about this, he will do his best.
He did, and I asked him to let me know if he doesn't get a satisfactory reply from the seller in a reasonable amount of time. No sense jumping to conclusions if we don't have to.
Old 02-12-2008, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by Ron A
He did, and I asked him to let me know if he doesn't get a satisfactory reply from the seller in a reasonable amount of time. No sense jumping to conclusions if we don't have to.
Old 02-12-2008, 10:40 AM
No He Can't

Originally Posted by Ron A
When I was sending him PMs when I was originally interested in the springs, he always took a little while to get back to me b/c he rarely visits the forums. I still have his e-mail from when I sent payment through PayPal, so maybe I'll try him on that as well.
Old 02-12-2008, 01:53 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
ugh, damn fakes...why would anyone make a product that can put ur life at risk...cosmestic mods, those hp booster mods, ok, but fake springs damn...

back on topic, again good luck on the swap..
Old 02-12-2008, 04:15 PM
No He Can't

He responded very quickly to the first PM I sent him about them being fake.
He said he got them off eBay about 6 months ago and never knew they were fake.

Then I sent him a more polite e-mail asking for a full refund to which he hasn't responded.
Old 02-12-2008, 05:02 PM
B A N N E D

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
let us know what happens
Old 02-12-2008, 05:27 PM
No He Can't

Some pics before we start tearing it apart. I already have the CAI gone.

Old 02-12-2008, 05:52 PM
B A N N E D

I remember that engine... memories

Loving that TL-S 6MT though
Old 02-12-2008, 06:35 PM
Safety Car

Received 219 Likes on 168 Posts
great progress Kris.

don't forget to post vids!

oh and

Sorry for the Hi-Jack but does anyone know which Helms manual to get?

I'm about to order one. I need the one with all the wiring diagrams and such.
Old 02-12-2008, 07:00 PM
MP90 uninstalled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Are you keeping the p-motor or swaping to the type-s motor? If Acura had made the '01-'03 TLs with a 6mt I would have bought it in heartbeat over the CL on practicality alone. Keep up the good work guys!
Old 02-12-2008, 07:06 PM
No He Can't

I'm keeping the TL-P motor
Old 02-12-2008, 07:24 PM
No He Can't

Originally Posted by InspireTL
don't forget to post vids!
Vids of what? Driving after we're done?
Old 02-12-2008, 08:12 PM
Safety Car

Received 219 Likes on 168 Posts
Vids of what? Driving after we're done?
The car starting, you shifting gears, Driving it. Whatever.

Just a little walkthrough of everything you changed to give everyone a glimpse of the 6-speed.
Old 02-12-2008, 09:17 PM
AK Owner!

Looking great bro! I am looking to do a swap also! I bought my body kit last week. I got a Spider! Im going to get some new rims sometime next week or 2. Than a few more hundered and ill be doing my swap. Whats some good sites that discuss the matter of swapping out. I'm new to this forum So I have no idea if its much discussion on the matter Here! I need to search a bit!

peace!
Thanks

Any tips or anything that will help in the build please let me know!
Old 02-12-2008, 09:22 PM
No He Can't

Spider kit?

One of these deals here?

Old 02-12-2008, 10:33 PM
MR.Juanderful

Aight im the one that sold those fucking springs...
Like someone said before " Let's not lynch mob the seller yet, a lot of people don't know that there are fake Teins being sold. It's easy to buy a set of fakes off eBay or some other unauthorized dealer and not even know it. " I answered all the fucking PM's and im willing to give him a refund.

and this is how all the PM's went...
Re: Springs

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally Posted by Juancachorro
I received the springs right on time today

Upon further inspection, it appears that they are fake

http://www.tein.com/counterfeit/index.html

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/...hdeve/tein2.jpg

What's up with that?!?

I DIDNT KNOW THEY WERE MAKING KNOCK OFFS, IF YOU KNEW ABOUT IT YOU COULD'VE GAVE SOME INFO ABOUT IT...

I knew there were knockoffs being made, but didn't think to warn you that you might be selling fake ones.

Ok well Im fucked now and I hope u dont think I'm selling fake products. Thats not the way i deal with people. I would like to know what if i refund you half and you can keep them, or if u want the full refund u will ship them back to me.
Another thing bro if u want the full refund theres no problem with me, but I would like to get a week so I can put the money together because i used that money to finish paying for school.

Im sorry again but shit happens and i seriously had no idea about this.

If you read the thread where the guy pointed it out to me, I was saying you probably didn't know. I don't think you were trying to scam me or anything like that.

Now knowing that they're fake and seeing the rust on them makes me not want to use them so I want to get the full refund.

I'm sorry that you ended up getting fucked over and I unearthed these facts, but it all goes back to the original eBay seller.

i know that nobody knows here but im honest about my stuff... so to all the shit talkers please mind your own aight...
Old 02-12-2008, 10:44 PM
No He Can't

The whole conversation

I received the springs right on time today
Upon further inspection, it appears that they are fake
http://www.tein.com/counterfeit/index.html
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/...hdeve/tein2.jpg
What's up with that?!?

Bro i seriously have no idea about that... i wish i had the receipt... i bought them through ebay about 6 months ago....

im going to try to find the receipt and ill send it to you....

It is very unfortunate that you were ill informed when you made your purchase, but that does not take away from the fact that I purchased a knock-off product from you. I am requesting a full refund of the purchase price ASAP.

Thanks for your cooperation,
Kris

I DIDNT KNOW THEY WERE MAKING KNOCK OFFS, IF YOU KNEW ABOUT IT YOU COULD'VE GAVE SOME INFO ABOUT IT...

I knew there were knockoffs being made, but didn't think to warn you that you might be selling fake ones.

YOUR SAYING THAT THEY ARE KNOW OFFS BECAUSE OF THE WAY THAT THE MODEL IS PRINTED ON THE SPRING?

Yea it is not parallel to the spring and there is no TEIN logo on them either. Also, the paint is peeling off of them and they are rusted. Authentic Tein springs are powdercoated and don't peel like that.

Ok well Im fucked now and I hope u dont think I'm selling fake products. Thats not the way i deal with people. I would like to know what if i refund you half and you can keep them, or if u want the full refund u will ship them back to me.
Another thing bro if u want the full refund theres no problem with me, but I would like to get a week so I can put the money together because i used that money to finish paying for school.

Im sorry again but shit happens and i seriously had no idea about this.

If you read the thread where the guy pointed it out to me, I was saying you probably didn't know. I don't think you were trying to scam me or anything like that.

Now knowing that they're fake and seeing the rust on them makes me not want to use them so I want to get the full refund.

I'm sorry that you ended up getting fucked over and I unearthed these facts, but it all goes back to the original eBay seller.

EDIT: I just realized your says everything too you just can't tell who's saying what so mine is a little easier to read .
Old 02-12-2008, 10:45 PM
No He Can't

...and he's giving me a refund so...

Back on to the swap
Old 02-12-2008, 10:49 PM

Good man, Juancachorro you are doing the right thing!
Old 02-12-2008, 10:52 PM
03 ABP tls

yeesh.... who woulda thought there'd be drama bout springs while doing a tranny swap

best of luck to both you guys settling this out
Old 02-12-2008, 11:11 PM
MR.Juanderful

Originally Posted by AMGala
Good man, Juancachorro you are doing the right thing!
i know im doing the right thing, but i just hate when people jump into conclusions...
If selling fake stuff was my hustle i wouldnt care getting banned cause i could keep the money. But thats not the way i do things.. so i hope everything is clear and that my name is still clean...
Old 02-13-2008, 12:40 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
^I'm sure everything is cool bro.^ Stuff happens.
Old 02-13-2008, 08:24 AM
MP90 uninstalled

I’m curious Ksuchdeve,
How are you going to make the TLP motor and ECM work with the 6MT? I thought there were significant differences. You must be rewiring the engine harness to work with the 6MT ECM, right? I don’t know jack about it but I am curious. Also, If you are going through the trouble and expense of doing all this work for the conversion it make sense to me that you could dump your TLP motor for say $700 and pick up a Type-s motor for $800 as some others have done. I thing ThinJim got his auto type-s motor for $800 but I think he did have to buy the $500 crank position sensor and other trivial goodies. Regardless of what the realistic prices are, the difference couldn’t be more than $300 for the diff motors after you sold yours and that seems trivial given what you are already spending plus you would have a real Type-S. Like I said, I am not knocking just curious as to how you are thinking this through and how you are making the TLP motor work. If this has already been covered somewhere please point me in that direction. Please explain. Jim
Old 02-13-2008, 08:35 AM
MP90 uninstalled

I know you have heard it before but you are going to love the 6MT. It is as much fun to drive everytime as it was the first time. There are few things quite like rowing your own gears with that silkysmooth motor. Jim
Old 02-13-2008, 09:49 AM
No He Can't

Originally Posted by jproy
I’m curious Ksuchdeve,
How are you going to make the TLP motor and ECM work with the 6MT? I thought there were significant differences. You must be rewiring the engine harness to work with the 6MT ECM, right? I don’t know jack about it but I am curious. Also, If you are going through the trouble and expense of doing all this work for the conversion it make sense to me that you could dump your TLP motor for say $700 and pick up a Type-s motor for $800 as some others have done. I thing ThinJim got his auto type-s motor for $800 but I think he did have to buy the $500 crank position sensor and other trivial goodies. Regardless of what the realistic prices are, the difference couldn’t be more than $300 for the diff motors after you sold yours and that seems trivial given what you are already spending plus you would have a real Type-S. Like I said, I am not knocking just curious as to how you are thinking this through and how you are making the TLP motor work. If this has already been covered somewhere please point me in that direction. Please explain. Jim
I've mentioned it earlier, but I will again. I am getting a module made from a guy over on the Accord forums. This module splices into my current wiring harness and make my ECU work with the new trans. The signals that send your speed from the trans to the ECU are different between the two so the speedometer doesn't work. The module converts the signal from the new transmission into a language that the old ECU can recognize so it displays your speed correctly. It also corrects things like not having a reverse lockout and making v-tec work again.

Google "6 speed obsession" and click the first link for the whole thread about the modules. The price for the module was $700, but he is currently redesigning them and going about production differently to try and bring the costs down. We're not sure what the new price will be, but we will know in about a month when he is done producing the updated batch.

On price differences, me and Kris (fsttyms1) were talking about this a few pages back. If you look at the cost of the module ~$650 compared to the cost of going the other way ($800 TL-S motor, $500 CL-S6 sensors, $250 ECU, $600 wiring harnesses) it is quite a bit more to do the full swap .
Old 02-13-2008, 09:54 AM
MP90 uninstalled

Thank you for the info KSuchdeve! Enjoy the drive and props for the undertaking.
Old 02-13-2008, 05:23 PM
No He Can't

The auto shifter finally gone

Manual shifter in

What the dead pedal looks like under the carpet. Just 2 bolts and 1 nut to remove.
Old 02-13-2008, 05:46 PM
T-Swzy

wow, i've learned a dangerously amount of info from this thread. keep goin KS
Old 02-13-2008, 06:04 PM
No He Can't

...and I've got high res versions of all the pics I'm posting if anyone needs anything
Old 02-13-2008, 06:12 PM
Drifting

Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts
Kris, did you just test fit the gear lever, or do you actually have the cables running to it from the transmission?
Old 02-13-2008, 06:13 PM
No He Can't

It's just bolted down. I haven't even taken out the auto cables yet, I'm going to wait til Joe gets here tomorrow.
Old 02-13-2008, 06:16 PM
Avant Garde Wheels

Received 348 Likes on 291 Posts
Originally Posted by Razzi
wow, i've learned a dangerously amount of info from this thread. keep goin KS
lol, serious..
Old 02-13-2008, 08:21 PM
No He Can't

It's just bolted down. I haven't even taken out the auto cables yet, I'm going to wait til Joe gets here tomorrow.
Well, there was a misunderstanding and he isn't coming tomorrow. It's next week .
Old 02-13-2008, 08:30 PM
Drifting

Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts
Really? Damn, that sucks. I was looking forward to seeing this thread throughout the week.

Quick Reply: Finally started ordering parts for the swap**work starts pg 9**