View Poll Results: If you had a chance to look at (inspect) your Comptech springs, are they?
In perfect condition. With No visible marks. IOW, they look great.
29.17%
Have some marks and/or pits. (Comments?)
31.94%
Corroded (Please comment with location and other info)
30.56%
Other: explain what's going on/what you see...
8.33%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Can you check your Comptech Springs?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2005, 03:47 PM
Where is my super sauce?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My rusty Comptech springs are coming off tomorrow. Tein springs + Koni Yellow going in. I'll let y'all know how it turns out.
Old 03-02-2005, 03:56 PM
Doin' da crack shuffle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mrsteve
Yep the rust will eventually spread. I wouldn't put rusted springs (no matter how minimal) on my car.

Rust to metal is equal to cancer in humans.

It will always spread.
Old 03-02-2005, 03:56 PM
Doin' da crack shuffle

Originally Posted by Slimey
My rusty Comptech springs are coming off tomorrow. Tein springs + Koni Yellow going in. I'll let y'all know how it turns out.

Post pics.

I'm dying to see how this combo turns out.
Old 03-02-2005, 04:32 PM
Suzuka Master

Old 03-02-2005, 07:36 PM
Advanced

This is a repeat response, however, I live in Lake Orion, Mi and 2 weeks ago my springs broke.
Fortunately it occured at the end of a car wash while the car wasnbeing deied off. The front end just loudly callapsed as the left front spring snapped. Scared the "H" out of the workers.
I had the car towed to Acura of Troy who confirmed the matter. Ryan qt CComptechusa said that thhey would reimburse me the cost of the springs. I purshased a set of the newer ones and so far so good. I was told that the first (grey colored) springs were not within the required tensil strength. Acura shipped the broken springs back to ComptechUSA at ComptechUSA's expense. I am awaiting the promised compensation. This could have ended badly had I been on I75 at the time of the brake. Why didn't Comptech recall these defective products. I'll keep everyone posted re my compensation. I am hoping that I do not have to take them to court. Also there is a possible class action adventure awaiting them
should things not get handled properly. For me, I jist hope no one is killed as a result of these springs breaking while someone is on a major freeway.
Old 03-02-2005, 07:40 PM
Advanced

This is a repeat response, however, I live in Lake Orion, Mi and 2 weeks ago my springs broke.
Fortunately it occured at the end of a car wash, while the car was being wiped off. The front end just loudly callapsed as the left front spring snapped. Scared the "H" out of the worker.
I had the car towed to Acura of Troy, who confirmed the matter. Ryan at Comptechusa said that they would reimburse me the cost of the springs. I purshased a set of the newer ones and so far so good. I was told that the first (grey colored) springs were not within the required tensil strength. Acura shipped the broken springs back to ComptechUSA at ComptechUSA's expense. I am awaiting the promised compensation. This could have ended badly had I been on I75 at the time of the brake. Why didn't Comptech recall these defective products. I'll keep everyone posted re my compensation. I am hoping that I do not have to take them to court. Also there is a possible class action adventure awaiting them
should things not get handled properly. For me, I just hope no one is killed as a result of these springs breaking while someone is on a major freeway.
Old 03-02-2005, 07:42 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by manitou
Fortunately it occured at the end of a car wash, while the car was being wiped off. The front end just loudly callapsed as the left front spring snapped. Scared the "H" out of the worker.
I had the car towed to Acura of Troy, who confirmed the matter. Ryan at Comptechusa said that they would reimburse me the cost of the springs. I purshased a set of the newer ones and so far so good. I was told that the first (grey colored) springs were not within the required tensil strength. Acura shipped the broken springs back to ComptechUSA at ComptechUSA's expense. I am awaiting the promised compensation. This could have ended badly had I been on I75 at the time of the brake. Why didn't Comptech recall these defective products. I'll keep everyone posted re my compensation. I am hoping that I do not have to take them to court. Also there is a possible class action adventure awaiting them
should things not get handled properly. For me, I just hope no one is killed as a result of these springs breaking while someone is on a major freeway.
Old 01-05-2006, 04:23 PM
Advanced

Another Broken Comptech

While rotating my tires I was closely looking at the springs and to my horror I found the rear passengers broken. The fronts are hardly corroded but the backs are rusted mainly where the rubber silencer is. I took 3 pic

Pics

Two are of the rear springs and another is of the front. The spring didnt break completely in half but split down the middle like an onion. I have no idea how long they have been this way but I hopw it lasts until next week. I called comptech and Chad sent me to sales and they are sending me some new springs. I had to put a $250 dollar deposit down until the springs are returned so they can check them out. They they will credit me the money. I will probably have to pay the labor but we will see what I can work out with the dealership.
Old 01-06-2006, 09:51 AM
Who did this in

Any updates?

This has the sh1t scared out of me now.
Old 01-23-2006, 07:33 PM
Smack My B*tch Up

alright i'm pissed now, my dealer (Acura of Troy) tells me my comptech springs are broken (both front ones) WTF what do i do now, i've had them for like 3 years
Old 01-23-2006, 07:40 PM
Smack My B*tch Up

oops I ment Suburban Acura
Old 01-23-2006, 09:19 PM
Advanced

ComptechUSA did compensate me for the springs and Acura of Troy, Mi. did the install. I recently had the car on the rack for a different reason and inspection revealed all is well, so far.
Old 01-23-2006, 09:45 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,080 Likes on 661 Posts
Originally Posted by Samer007
alright i'm pissed now, my dealer (Acura of Troy) tells me my comptech springs are broken (both front ones) WTF what do i do now, i've had them for like 3 years

Talk to Chad at Comptech. I'm sure they'll work something out with you.
Old 04-04-2006, 08:27 PM
Cruisin'

ComptechUSA did compensate me for the springs and Acura of Troy, Mi. did the install. I recently had the car on the rack for a different reason and inspection revealed all is well, so far.

I just went into Acura of Troy and had my service check done, and they also found a broken drivers side comptech spring. I am so pissed... Since it was installed at Suburban Acura... You guys think they might cover the cost of installation of another? I'd hate to lose my rake look.

Sohail
Old 09-06-2009, 12:32 PM
Advanced

3 1/2 years later and another broken spring!!!!

Originally Posted by Cincycls
While rotating my tires I was closely looking at the springs and to my horror I found the rear passengers broken. The fronts are hardly corroded but the backs are rusted mainly where the rubber silencer is. I took 3 pic

Pics

Two are of the rear springs and another is of the front. The spring didnt break completely in half but split down the middle like an onion. I have no idea how long they have been this way but I hopw it lasts until next week. I called comptech and Chad sent me to sales and they are sending me some new springs. I had to put a $250 dollar deposit down until the springs are returned so they can check them out. They they will credit me the money. I will probably have to pay the labor but we will see what I can work out with the dealership.
I am quite pissed right now since I just found another broken spring. This is already the second set from the above incident. I thought these were supposed to be the updated springs! I really doubt Comptech would send me another set of springs since they have changed hands. Anyway I think I am done with Comptech springs.

I dont really want to go back to stock but I just may after having this much trouble. Any suggestions as to a good set of springs that wont need replaced after a few years? I have Tokico Blues shocks already on the car.
Old 09-07-2009, 01:27 PM
Banned

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Cincycls
I am quite pissed right now since I just found another broken spring. This is already the second set from the above incident. I thought these were supposed to be the updated springs! I really doubt Comptech would send me another set of springs since they have changed hands. Anyway I think I am done with Comptech springs.

I dont really want to go back to stock but I just may after having this much trouble. Any suggestions as to a good set of springs that wont need replaced after a few years? I have Tokico Blues shocks already on the car.
They dont even make Comptech/CT Engineering springs anymore.
Old 09-08-2009, 05:10 AM
Advanced

I think going back to stock is the best bet. Spending the least amount of money is my goal right now. The stock springs are sitting in my garage looking brand new and it will be nice to have the cushy ride back. Hopefully this friday I will get it done at the local shop.
Old 09-08-2009, 07:53 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 223 Likes on 184 Posts
Gray or black?

My old Gray ones are still in great shape. But I don't deal with snow, & cold.
Old 09-08-2009, 09:13 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by fuzzy02CLS
Gray or black?

My old Gray ones are still in great shape. But I don't deal with snow, & cold.
Mine are Gray. And correct me if I am wrong but werent Comptech springs just rebadge Eibachs?
Old 09-08-2009, 01:34 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 223 Likes on 184 Posts
The newer black ones are. The gray ones were still the original CT ones.
Old 11-04-2009, 11:59 PM
Instructor

Old thread, noob member. When I bought my car a month or so ago, I realized they came with Comptech spings. Coming from German cars, I'd never heard of them but the ride is pretty nice and the height is nice. Mine are black, I live in Seattle and do get snow most seasons but this state is all about the environment so they don't use salt on the roads. Mine Comptech's are black, no damage, I can still read Comptech and the numbers on all four. So it's true that the black ones are just rebadged Eibachs? I have at least used Eibach's on past Nissans and Honda's and like the experience and longevity.