View Poll Results: Would you be interested in purchasing the following
Yes, I will order a set of Aluminum Door sills
57.58%
I may buy a set after their available.
36.67%
Not Interested.
5.76%
Voters: 330. You may not vote on this poll

aluminum sills/trim groupbuy (ends July 11)...

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2002, 05:16 PM
I love my CL-S

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I email him last Thursday and still no answer from him yet...guess i will have to email him again tonight
Old 07-03-2002, 11:34 AM
Blood Type: S

For any one who ordered the trim kit, I found a website where they actually have a 28 piece brushed aluminum trim kit for only $166.25.

Check out www.edashkit.com and you'll find it.

Austin, so I talked to Jeff and so apparently the console pieces are not happening. That sucks!! I'm trying desperately to try to find a way to get those pieces covered with no gain. This the first place that actually keeps brushed aluminum kits for our cars in stock or does them at all.

I've left a message at this edashkit place for info on buying individual pieces, and hope they match what Jeff ships out. What is the return policy or guarantee for Jeff's products?? What is the total number of pieces in the kit?? What pieces are they??
Old 07-03-2002, 11:57 AM
Blood Type: S

I just got off the phone from the guy at edashkit and he said that you can order any individual components out of the trim kits. Pretty good huh!! Hopefully, most brushed aluminum from diferent manufacturers are the same look. Either way, I would like to order pieces that are not part of Jeff's kit if I could find out what is missing. Plus, this would be at my house in under two weeks. Better than I don't know how many months. Austin please inform me on what pieces are included in the trim kit, PLEASE!! The price quote should be here later on today.
Old 07-03-2002, 03:42 PM
Banned

SilverBullet:
Glad you got it taken care of.

WiLd~CL~TYPS-@SS:
PM me your email address and I will get him to contact you personally.

EEPOWER:
Sounds good...but I assume they are covering fewer pieces than we are. I say this because all the manufacturers use the same templates, for wood, aluminum, etc etc etc. But we actually created new pieces. For instance...those door pieces, are not in any standard kit. The top vents, they are also not in any standard kit (and the door pieces add a LOT of cost). Also the shift plate is not in any kit out there. The inner gauge area is not in any kit out there. Many of the pieces were custom molded. I have been familiar with the kits out there EEPOWER...I know this isn't the first, but this is the most complete. I also am pretty doubtful the metal they use will match our sills, because our guy gets it local and I'm sure they use a completely different company. But even with that said...you're talking about a kit that is most likely missing the 8/6 (TL/CL) pieces that I listed above...that's where the extra $50 comes from...and then I'm sure that doesn't include shipping. Our kit includes every single piece theirs does and another 8/6 (TL/CL).

To give you perspective...the door panel pieces are actually thicker than the door sills and have more contour, so are costlier to model and need more material. The manufacturer is barely breaking even on the CL sills, which cost $55, because he assumed it'd be less material for 2 sills than 4, but it's only about 1/2" less because they're so long. So that slice of metal alone is $52 or so at his cost. Think of adding a set of those to the trim, for the CL's and TL's...and you'll see where the price went.

You are more than welcome to order from them piece by piece...but 1) We won't be piecing out the other 8/6 pieces, only the shift plate. So you will have to buy two full kits to cover everything. 2) The metal may not match.

But I will ask our manufacturer what he thinks. I hope to have a full listing of all the pieces included today or tomorrow. But for now I'm pretty confident saying it's a 36 piece kit (34 for CL's).

edit: I just checked out their layout of included pieces...and that kit is missing ALL of the pieces I listed above. And it'll look terrible without it. Also their piece #16 is not the correct for the 02+ TL (the cupholder has changed). That makes me wonder. And of course...they have no first gens.

The trim kit will be done completely this week and shipping next week. I will start the three week ordering deadline tomorrow (Thursday).

I also don't appreciate this EEPOWER: "I don't know how many months". You do know how many...I have kept everyone updated about this and have told you . Sorry if you're getting impatient .

Austin519
Old 07-03-2002, 03:56 PM
Banned

Announcement! I wanted to let everyone know that I have spoken with the manufacturer...and we have decided on something. You guys say you can never get in contact with him...and frankly a lot of the time I can't either. You guys don't like it and I don't find it acceptable. SO, I've told him that we will cut down the ordering hours, and so for that time period he MUST be at his phone. So from now on...

Jeff, the manufacturer, can be reached 10AM-2PM M-F EST.

Does this mean you can call him later (before we said 10AM-10PM)? Yes. But you most likely won't reach him because he's trying to wrap up the first gen stuff and the trim, as well as ship out all the orders between 2PM-5PM. So, if you want to reach him, that is the best time. Also...if ANY email goes unanswered for 3 days (aka if you send it Monday and you haven't been replied to by Thursday) then PM me your info, I will make sure he takes care of it. Hopefully that will assuage all those issues.

And again, if anyone didn't remember...he can be reached at:
(678) 468 9041
sales@ap-signworks.com
Paypal account - ap_signworks@hotmail.com

Austin519
Old 07-03-2002, 04:16 PM
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Austin, Is he open Friday?
Old 07-03-2002, 04:46 PM
Banned

EricS:
Yes. He always has the number I gave you guys with him...even weekends...but he'll always be there 10AM-2PM.

Also...something that he's told me...he's always on the phone taking orders...especially lately after making a big impression at his latest show. So if you don't get in touch with him try a few more times over the next few minutes...because that is probably why you can't get him.

Austin519
Old 07-04-2002, 10:36 AM
Banned

Two announcements! First, a reminder...the groupbuy ends for the sills on July 11, after that you pay full retail!

Second, and this is for EEPOWER mainly...I spoke with Jeff...we have a 33 piece trim kit. That's only 5 more pieces than the one on the other site you say? Well...here are his comments...

"Keep in mind that Tim's kit is a 28 piece kit, but it's universal for the 99-01 and the 02-03. So only 24 of the pieces are actually usable in each kit. I'm almost positive that's what edash kit is doing. They're counting all the pieces they send, not the ones that will actually fit in the car. That's how most companies do it. But I'm not going to send out useless pieces, it costs too much and leads to too much confusion for the customer."

He also expressed concern that the cupholder piece that they sell is a universal fitment piece...which won't look good for the 02 TL+, with the new cupholder design.

Finally...and I won't say this for definite until I am sure...but he says there are only two companies he knows of that do real brushed aluminum metal. Plenty of companies do brushed finish but not real metal. The last time he heard edashkit.com does not do real metal...but most places advertise it as such. Just a warning.

Austin519
Old 07-04-2002, 05:08 PM
Drifting

Hey Austin, can the guy just write Type S on the sills or do I have to order "Acura CL Type S" I am just looking for Type S written on the sills. Also I heard that for $5 you can get the manufacture to darken the lettering...is that true? Thanks and have a wonderful day!

Richard
Old 07-04-2002, 10:30 PM
Banned

peiqinglong:
The two things you just asked for are both special orders and can be done after the sills groupbuy is over and the trim groupbuy is over.

And no, you can't get them to darken the lettering for $5. We only have one color available...different things can be done after the groupbuys are over. Who did you hear that from?!?

Austin519
Old 07-05-2002, 03:25 AM
Drifting

Originally posted by Austin519
peiqinglong:
Who did you hear that from?!?

Austin519
Me...I e maild the guy and that is what he told me...I asked him some more questions but I have not heard back from him yet. So I was going to call him on Monday between the times you posted so I can ask him some more about the color.

I am still going to order them but I realy would like the darker gray because it will match my car color better
Old 07-05-2002, 09:13 AM
Banned

NOLACLS:
No, that's totally not true. I am on the phone with the manufacturer now and he says he never said that. For the final production sills (not Tim's group) the sills ARE a shade darker...we did change that. But you have no choice until we do the special orders, which will be far into the future.

peiqinglong:
See above.

Austin519
Old 07-05-2002, 10:14 AM
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Hey Austin,

He happen to mention if he's caught up with orders? How long's it take to ship after we order?

Thanks!
Old 07-05-2002, 11:07 AM
Drifting

NOLACLS:
No, that's totally not true. I am on the phone with the manufacturer now and he says he never said that. For the final production sills (not Tim's group) the sills ARE a shade darker...we did change that. But you have no choice until we do the special orders, which will be far into the future.

peiqinglong:
See above.

Austin519
When I go to work in a little bit I will post the E mail the guy sent me back...I dont know who or what is going on...I dont realy care I am going to get them anyway...but I e maild that question to the e mail you gave me...and the responce was YES for 5 bucks more he could make it a darker gray.
Old 07-05-2002, 12:40 PM
blah blah blah

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Austin:

Do you know when the first Gen sills would be done?
Old 07-05-2002, 01:09 PM
Drifting

Thanks Austin, I may just order plain ones and see about engraving them later or something.
Old 07-05-2002, 01:16 PM
Banned

EricS:
Usually a day to run the CC and confirm payment (or Paypal or whatever), another day to package em up, then 4-5 days in shipping...so about 7 business days. He just sent off another batch...from what he's told me he's up to speed on the TL-S's but just had to make another set of TL's...the CL's and CL-S's he's low on both but just got back a shipment.

NOLACLS:
I would appreciate you PMing or emailing me that email instead...I don't want to confuse the members further actually. Because this is NOT an option, no matter what that email says...but the manufacturer and I would both like to see it.

99CL:
Next week (assuming we can get it fit to a first gen in ATL).

peiqinglong:
Of course...but be forwarned...it will be costly.

Austin519
Old 07-05-2002, 02:01 PM
Drifting

Austin,
Would the manufacture be interested in making a special set or so...or would the cost out exceed the profit? Because I would really just want Type S written on the sill. Thanks.

Richard
Old 07-05-2002, 03:43 PM
Drifting

Check your PM austin
Old 07-05-2002, 11:55 PM
Banned

NOLACLS:
Thanks, I forwarded this to him...but we discussed it and he said no, that option is not available now. It will be a special order, later, and will definitely cost more than $5 extra.

peiqinglong:
Yes, he can make a special set...it will just be quite expensive. How much I don't know...but we will be doing special orders after we're done with the trim. What you have to consider is that any design we submit, we are charged by the engraver (as will you be) to engrave it. This cost is divided over all the sills...but I believe it's $50-$60 and that's a lot to absorb considering you have to pay for that and the actual engraving and the sill itself. You're at least looking at $140-$150. And of course that will all be passed on to you. There is very little profit made off of any of this...so the cost/profit issue isn't a thing...most of the cost to you, the buyer, is the actual cost...not a huge cut to the manufacturer. But it definitely can be done Richard. I hope that explained it better.

Austin519
Old 07-06-2002, 02:00 AM
Drifting

NOLACLS:
Thanks, I forwarded this to him...but we discussed it and he said no, that option is not available now. It will be a special order, later, and will definitely cost more than $5 extra.

peiqinglong:
Yes, he can make a special set...it will just be quite expensive. How much I don't know...but we will be doing special orders after we're done with the trim. What you have to consider is that any design we submit, we are charged by the engraver (as will you be) to engrave it. This cost is divided over all the sills...but I believe it's $50-$60 and that's a lot to absorb considering you have to pay for that and the actual engraving and the sill itself. You're at least looking at $140-$150. And of course that will all be passed on to you. There is very little profit made off of any of this...so the cost/profit issue isn't a thing...most of the cost to you, the buyer, is the actual cost...not a huge cut to the manufacturer. But it definitely can be done Richard. I hope that explained it better.

Austin519
Yes that is...thanks Austin!
Old 07-06-2002, 08:29 PM
2nd Gear

When can we get them

Hey guys, im really sick of having my car look nice on the rims and all my friends with the is300s saying how shitty it looks when you get into my car, well when is the earliest possible time i can place my order for the door sills and how do i install them, thanks
Old 07-07-2002, 12:00 AM
But I just got here

Received 53 Likes on 35 Posts
Austin, I know that the trim and sills are available now, but any word on the chrome shift plate? Or has that idea been scrapped for now? Thanks.
Old 07-07-2002, 12:02 AM
Banned

i am down for the chrome shift plate. if it's under $20 of course...
Old 07-07-2002, 03:16 PM
Drifting

Austin, I just ordered the non-engrave sills for me and my friend. Thanks for all the hard work you have put in for all of us to be able to get something like this!
Old 07-07-2002, 03:20 PM
Banned

Received mine Austin. They look sweet!! I already installed them. They were slightly damaged in shipment though which I am a little upset about. Jeff needs to pack them better.

About 4 inches from one side they were bent down about 35 degrees at a angle. I bent them back carefully but you can now see where it has a crease. Oh well
Old 07-07-2002, 03:54 PM
Banned

I have a CL-P, do you have any sills for my car?
Old 07-07-2002, 09:41 PM
Banned

LowenHartBlackS:
Ha ha ha ...uhm...you have until Thursday to order them before the price goes up...how's that? . Please please please read this thread...just read my posts that are titled ANNOUNCEMENT...it'll answer all your questions.

Nitin:
No, not scrapped. They'll be ready when the trim is...this week.

oce01acura32cl:
Yes, and please I suggest to you the same as I did to LowenHartBlacks. The groupbuy ends Thursday.

SilverBullet:
He's packed them extremely well for everyone...I've gotten 5 different sets of things from him with not one damage issue. If they WERE damaged you can obviously take that up with USPS, it's not his fault...and they are insured. I am sorry to hear about that.

peiqinglong:
No problem...enjoy

Austin519
Old 07-08-2002, 12:20 PM
Racer

I just got in touch with Jeff and i ordered my set. I cannot wait to get them.
Old 07-08-2002, 03:28 PM
Banned

3 DAYS LEFT TO GET THE ALUMINUM DOOR SILLS FOR 2nd GEN CL(S)/TL(S)! GROUPBUY PRICES MAY NOT BE AVAILABLE AFTER JULY 11!!

mretif:
Glad to hear it. I hope everyone else realizes there's only 3 days left on the groupbuy...I don't think anyone checks here anymore.

Austin519
Old 07-08-2002, 05:07 PM
Pro

Austin -

I ordered mine on the 7/1/02. Is there any way I can get a tracking number?

Thanks,
juice
Old 07-08-2002, 09:00 PM
Banned

juice:
I don't believe USPS does that. However, if you call/email him I'm sure he can tell you if they've shipped and if so, how many days ago.

Austin519
Old 07-08-2002, 10:12 PM
Pro

Thanks Austin. I sent him an email.
Old 07-09-2002, 12:35 AM
Banned

juice:
Sounds good.

Austin519
Old 07-09-2002, 02:20 PM
Banned

2 Days left boys and girls...

Austin519
Old 07-09-2002, 02:29 PM
blah blah blah

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Austin,

I know the buy ends in two days. But just wondering, does it go for the First Gen too? Even though i have already ordered mine. Just wondering if the price will go up for the First Gen too cause it's not even finish yet.

Thanks
Old 07-09-2002, 03:36 PM
Banned

99CL:
To be fair, no, this does not effect first gens. Nor does it effect trim. We're putting 3 week deadlines on everything from the day I get it in and approve it. Not anytime sooner.

Austin519
Old 07-09-2002, 04:06 PM
Drifting

Hey Austin, can you check with your guy to see if he recieved my paypal payment? I sent it but haven't seen him cash it yet. Thanks!

Richard
Old 07-09-2002, 07:21 PM
Banned

peiqinglong:
I will. When did you send it?

Austin519
Old 07-09-2002, 08:02 PM
Banned

Couple new pics of it installed on my CL-S....

Quick Reply: aluminum sills/trim groupbuy (ends July 11)...